+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Powerful Women (R) FIN 12/3/08

Re: Powerful Women (R) FIN 12/3/08

Thanks for another great story.

NS Member

this is a wonderfull fic! The best AU i've read in a long time! Lilian is just the best mother Lex could've asked for, and Gabe is a incredible father! I love how their parents new form early on how special their kids relationship were, and that, in the end, Lex understood that Chloe had to have her life before she could be with him! After all he had his on experiences before he new he was in love with her! Love it! You are a wounderful writer. Sorry about any speling mistakes, english is not my first language!

I really enjoyed reading this story!! I loved the alternate setting it took place in where Lillian was the major parent in Lex's life, and where Lex and Chloe grew up together from the start, always in each others lives. It was a great premise and you realistically pulled it off wonderfully! I loved, loved, LOVED Lillian as a character and I thought the title of the story was very fitting. While it was about the Chlex relationship frequently, there were definitely strong undertones showing the power that Lillian (as a woman) held. Great job!!

-emms14

Members

a beautiful story and one I thoroughly enjoyed..managed to read through all over 6hrs and the time flew by..thanks so much for writing - awesome job!

NS Full Member

Overall, a very good story, but I think at some decisions your rationale for what the characters did was not fully conveyed. When Lex told Chloe he loved her- she should have had more of a conflict of letting go of him to be with her boyfriend, even if she was in love with the new guy having Lex tell her what she'd always wanted to hear should have shook her foundations a bit more.

And then there was Chloe's decision to marry so young. I just didn't get that from her personality and life. If they were in love, they could still be together without jumping the gun.

And in his late 20's early 30's Lex is still letting his mom tell him what to do? I get that the story is about "Powerful Women" but having Gabe and Lillian think that they have the right/responsibility to control their children's decisions that much makes my skin crawl.

I loved the concept of killing off Lionel and having Lillian give Lex as normal of an upbringing as possible.

NS Full Member

I loved the ending . This was such a good story, I enjoyed the concept .

I loved the story and how you had the two of them never even going to Smallville. Honestly I think all the problems these characters had came from two things Lionel and Smallville. You've written an excellent story that got rid of both of those problems.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Re: Powerful Women (R) updated 12/1/08

Second time reading this one! Loved it!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information