+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It Falls Apart (R) Updated: 4/24/2007

It Falls Apart (R) Updated: 4/24/2007

Disclaimer: I don't SV or anyone/anything from the show.
    Title: It Falls Apart
    Rating: R for language.
    Spoiler: All of season 6 and future episodes as well.
    Summary: A secret relationship falls apart...

AN: I've been recently introduced to the fandom and I've spent many months reading too many fanfics on the Chloe and Lex pairing. It's a little intimidating to be posting a fanfic in a community filled with many talented writers. But somehow I got bitten by the Chlex bug. These days I'm annoyed with Clark, impatient with Lois and hating Lana more and more each day. The only reason why I still bother watching SV is because of Chloe and the off chance that there'll be a Chlex scene. And now I've gone to screaming at the TV for not giving me what I wanted, a Chlex scene, so of course fanfictions enter the picture, I believe I've come full circle and so I had to write this, hopefully it'll work out, now I've babled on enough...on with the story.

Chapter 1

Lex Luthor strolled into his study and headed straight to his bar. Poured himself a glass of scotch and gulped the drink without preamble.

He poured more alcohol into the glass and stared into the nothingness. He doesn’t want to admit it but he was relieved, relieved that she was going away for the weekend. The entire wedding thing was getting on his nerves. Of course he was not about to admit that to anyone but he must have been insane when he proposed.

Lana Lang, he knew he made a mistake the moment they consummated their relationship. What started as a means to hurt Clark Kent backfired completely, now he is bound to marry the pink princess and…wait for it, they are expecting. Biggest Mistake of his life!

She was gone for the weekend. Ever since she actually realized the extent of his wealth, she has been spending his money left and right. So now she was on her quest to finding the perfect wedding dress.

He should get another concussion and maybe this nightmare would end already. It’s bad enough that he is marrying the insipid brunette but so far he lost the only bright spot of his life. Not that he would ever let her know that.

“Bad day?” a voice from the couch broke his reverie.

He slowly turned around to find the one and only Chloe Sullivan smirking at him.

“What can I do for you Ms. Sullivan?” Lex slipped on the ever reliable Luthor mask.

“I am here to tender my resignation, Mr. Luthor.” She flashed him a wide smile.

“I’m not aware that you are under my employ.” He raised his brow at her.

“Come now Mr. Luthor, let’s not be coy. I’m here to resign as your fuck buddy.” Her smiled widened, if that was possible.

“I haven’t been in your bed for months at a time; I can hardly call us fuck buddies.” He bitingly replied. He knew exactly how long it’s been.

“It’s been only four months and you know very well why we haven’t been doing the wild thing.” She gave him a condescending look.

“You allowed my relationship with Lana to interfere with incredible sex.” He shrugged and was just about to dismiss her completely. “And there is the matter of you being in an actual relationship.”

“You know as well as I do that Jimmy would never have been a factor in, what did you call it? Incredible sex? And I’m actually blaming you for my ‘relationship’ with him. You practically goaded me into jumping in the sack with him.” Chloe rolled her eyes at him.

“I did nothing of the sort.” He put down his drink on the end table and crossed his arms across his chest.

“I did actually consider Clark, for like two seconds but been there done that. Jimmy is the complete anti-thesis of you, him being so nice and innocent, so I opted for him instead.” She stated as she slipped her feet out of her high heels.

“Clark is still in love with Lana, you and I both know it.”

“I never figured that you, of all people, would underestimate my feminine wiles. Just because I never mentioned that Clark was disappointed when I dismissed our kiss after Dark Thursday, doesn’t mean I couldn’t have had his body.” She stood up and closed the distance between them. “All I have to do is stand in front of him, show him a bit of cleavage and give him my own version of the doe-eyed look. And maybe just discretely rub against him to seal the deal. After all it worked with you didn’t it?” She smiled slightly and waited for his response.

He was quiet. He never expected to know everything about Chloe but the thought of her kissing Clark was enough to turn his stomach. In fact he could vividly recall actually throwing up when she told him what happened during the beginning of their senior year. Of course she had no idea that he threw up after she left, he had the Luthor name to uphold after all.

“Since as you said, it has been four months Chloe, I have been under no illusions that our arrangement is still in effect.” Lex walked behind his desk and put the much needed space between them while she grinned at his use of her first name.

“You’re right. After learning that your progeny is inside the one and only Lana Lang, your appeal pretty much disintegrated.” She shrugged and walked back to the couch, “Congratulations by the way.”

Lex’ lips tightened at her words. He didn’t know which words angered him more. Her automatic dismissal of his sex appeal or the offhanded way she offered her congratulations.

The truth of the matter is that they’ve survived a lot more than other…there is no exact label for what they were, but their ‘arrangement’ survived so much, from his treatment of her during the meteor shower, to her treatment of him during the same instance. They have done a lot of things to each other but they always somehow managed to rise above it all and enjoy each other’s bodies.

But apparently it couldn’t survive his sexual relationship with Lana. The moment he took Lana Lang to his bed was also the moment that Chloe put a stop to their sexual relationship. And he found himself completely unsatisfied with sex for the first time in his life.

“Is that the reason why you are tendering your resignation?” he eyed her critically.

“I’m an only child Lex, I tend to dislike sharing. However, recent events also contributed to my decision.” She leaned back on the sofa and stretched out her legs.

“What events?” he was completely nonchalant.

“Well there is your impending marriage to Lana, my breakup with Jimmy, and of course Lois and Oliver Queen’s journey towards Splitsville.”

“What does Lois and Queen’s breakup have anything to do with our arrangement?” he couldn’t help himself any longer, he stood up, walked over to where she was and sat across from her.

“Lois kissed Clark and now the two of them are hot for each other, thereby negating the idea that Clark is still hung up on Lana, just thought I should tell you. Anyway, Ollie and I hooked up.” She murmured as she crossed her legs, he couldn’t help but think she was trying his patience with her every move.

“You fucked Oliver Queen.” He practically snarled at her.

“Fuck is such a vulgar term for what we did. It was more than that…it was transcendent.” She finished somewhat breathlessly.

He looked at her skeptically. “You actually want me to believe that you had transcendent sex with Oliver Queen. You sure have a knack for snagging other women’s leftovers.”

Chloe gave him an amused smile, “What can I say, in the dark I can certainly pass for Lois, only Oliver screamed out my name instead of my cousin’s. I have to commend you for that, if you hadn’t taught me that trick with my tongue-”

“Enough!” he bellowed. It was bad enough that he was stuck with Lana until she bore his child and now he had to find out that the one good thing in his life is involved with his enemy, his hands clenched into fists in fury. “Are you telling me that you’re dumping me for Oliver Queen?” he utilized his height and stood over her.

“Dumping is such a strong word. After all we were never really anything to each other. We fucked that was that. And I figured that since I could make two boy billionaires scream my name, why shouldn’t I make a living out of it? Gotham City here I come! Watch out Bruce Wayne!” her laughter rang throughout the room.

“So you’re not ending our arrangement because of Queen, you’re ending it because you want to try out your charms to any available billionaire in all fifty states.” He was pacing as he tried to reign in his rage.

“If only Bill Gates was single, he would totally be the holy grail. But alas he is married.” She shook her head in mock sorrow.

He watched her coolly as she giggled at her own joke. “Fine, whatever was between us is over. I hope you had no visions of me begging you to stay with me. I have no desire for anyone who was bedded by Queen.”

“Now there’s a challenge. You, my friend, are in denial. You’re trying to convince me that you don’t want me but you do. I’m betting the four months that you haven’t had me is driving you to the edge.” She arrogantly retorted.

“Chloe you seem to overestimate your own self-worth. You were just a warm body that kept me entertained.” He scathingly replied.

“For almost two years Lex? If you wanted just another warm body then you could have found someone else, a body less argumentative than mine. You are deluding yourself if you think that you don’t want me. Even now you are aching for me.”

“It seems like you are the one deluding yourself. I’ve had enough of this conversation. You said your piece. Feel free to leave.” He turned away from her.

“Really Lex, there is absolutely no need to become a drama queen. I honestly felt that I owe you the courtesy of informing you that we are through.” He could tell that she was pouting even though he wasn’t facing her.

“And you’ve done what you’ve set out to do.” He replied quietly.

“Okay then.” She slipped her feet back in her shoes.

“For what it’s worth, I truly enjoyed our time together.” He uttered with as much sincerity that he could muster.

Chloe laughed softly at his words, “Of course you enjoyed our time together Lex. I would have known if you hadn’t. Brownie points for trying to sound as sincere as a Luthor can ever be.”

He faced her and smiled half-heartedly.

“Goodbye Lex.” She uttered quietly as she turned away from him that he almost missed it.

“Chloe, would I have had a chance if I actually begged for you to stay with me?”

“Begging won’t change anything between us. Maybe if you try building a time machine and go back in time, stop yourself from fucking Lana, maybe we’ll have something to talk about.” She turned away from him and walked out.

TBC
    AN2: Okay so I know this has been done before, the entire Chloe and Lex have been together since the summer of her 'death', but this is mostly about their present relationship, or non-relationship since Chloe just broke things off. Hope you enjoyed reading...feedback would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by toryjhay; 24th April 2007 at 23:04. Reason: Updated

NS Junior Member

Re: It Falls Apart

great start, I love your story. Please update soon !

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

heh. I rather liked this. I liked how Lex seemed so much more dependent and committed to Chloe, even as he was shooting himself in the foot over the Lana debacle. And I have to admit, the thought of Chloe getting together with Oliver sent naughty thrills through my body... Although I get the impressions she 'might' have started going out with Queen for the same reason she started dating Jimmy... to tick off Lex.

But, whatever her motivations, she seems quite satisfied with herself. And Lex is wallowing in misery over the outrageous and inexcusable Lexana mistake he made.

He looked at her skeptically. “You actually want me to believe that you had transcendent sex with Oliver Queen. You sure have a knack for snagging other women’s leftovers.”

Chloe gave him an amused smile, “What can I say, in the dark I can certainly pass for Lois, only Oliver screamed out my name instead of my cousin’s. I have to commend you for that, if you hadn’t taught me that trick with my tongue-”
    I liked this part here. How Lex threw a hateful insult that was specifically aimed at one of Chloe's vulnerable points, and how it was meant to wound and draw blood. But Chloe not only didn't let the insult (outwardly) affect her, she also returned fire with a retort that inflicted even more pain than might have been received. I just LOVE Chloe and Lex having a hate-filled banter, that ends up with Chloe as the victor.

This fic seems interesting so far. I'd like to see more.

really excellent! really want to read the next part of this fic, congrats for your first chlex fic! (I kinda love the idea of a chloe/oliver queen relationship lol)

i really liked this, i can't believe this is your first fanfiction. Its really great. i'm hoping for more soon, please!

-K-

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Congrats on posting your first fic. I really like it. You know they still want each other eventhough they are determined to screw it up. Can't wait for more.

NS Full Member

Hey, this is beyond fantastic - especially for a first Fic!
    I can't wait for where this is going. I mean, things can't be over, or can they???

Re: It Falls Apart (R)

Disclaimer: I own nothing.
    Title: It falls apart

AN: I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone who reviewed this fic. I appreciate the feed back and hopefully you guys would continue to enjoy reading this story.

Chapter 2

Lex held onto the bottle of scotch as if it was his only life line. It has been an hour since Chloe left him with her parting words.

If he hadn’t been feeling the overwhelming loss he would actually start working on that time machine. But he felt like wallowing in the river of self-pity, so he found comfort in the one true constant in his life, alcohol. Granted he was a long way from getting drunk, but he’d get there eventually. He just wanted to feel numb and alcohol can guarantee such an event.

He’s experienced betrayal after betrayal in his life. But Chloe leaving him for Oliver Queen hurt him the most. She may never know it but she has always been capable of wounding him more than anyone.

Oliver Queen. He hated the man since his days at Excelsior Academy. He told her all about his high school torment during her summer in hiding. The fact that she discarded him in exchange for Queen made the pain in his heart worse.

A light bulb was lit at that thought. She would never do that to him. Maybe she was only using Queen to really break things off with him. Four months and she still thought they were together, just as he did. Jimmy Olsen would never have been a factor she said. If he hadn’t gone further with his fake relationship with Lana he and Chloe would have still been together.

He remembered Chloe marching into his study armed with the Inquisitor which headlined speculations of his relationship with Lana. She threw it across the table and muttered that it was supposed to be her on that photograph with him and she then proceeded to give him a mind-numbing orgasm.

He wanted to go back to that day and tell her that she was the only one for him. He should really start working on that time-machine. Now that he thought about it she has given him more than plenty of opportunities to make their relationship something more than sex.

He downed another glass of his drink. He reached blindly for his drawer and took out surveillance pictures of her. His security still kept an eye on her. He always feared that she would end up in a ditch, dead and did everything in his power to ensure that she wouldn’t, not that it helped lessen her hospital visits.

He knew he loved her ever since that summer. He planned a romantic dinner for the two of them once everything had settled down upon her ‘resurrection’. But she stood him up. Instead she spent the night being devoted to Clark. Despite the fact that he knew she was under the influence of meteor rocks he couldn’t help but be hurt at the knowledge that she chose to devote herself to someone else and not him. That ruined his plans for their great romance. Since then he treated what they had as simply about his baser needs.

He should get up his ass and fight for her. Beg her to give him another chance. Lana didn’t matter. Not his supposed child in her womb. Chloe was all that mattered. He’ll get her back. He was Lex Luthor after all.

Lex set his glass down with renewed determination. He was going to get Chloe back. He could find out her location with one phone call. He should start thinking of ways to convince her that she belonged with him. Grand romantic gestures, public gestures. He didn’t care if he would come off as a complete villain if he ditched his fiancée, the mother of his future child. Clark Kent can play the hero on that one.

Maybe it was wishful thinking on his part, but he hoped that Lana found herself unable to resist the farm boy and strayed. He wanted Chloe to be the only one to bear his children. Lex pinched the bridge of his nose as he thought of ways to get rid of Lana.

And if all else fail then he’d make sure that he had scientists working on that time machine.

His mind was running a mile a minute that he did not see his uninvited guest enter the room.

“What was Chloe doing here?” Oliver Queen uttered as he sat across from Lex without invitation.

“What are you doing here?” he shot back at his former classmate, the impenetrable Luthor mask firmly in place.

“I was supposed to meet Chloe an hour ago. She didn’t show. My security team told me that this was her last known location.” The blonde replied as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Lex sneered at the other man, so he was wrong to think that Chloe would not pick Queen over him. But the man had no idea why Chloe would be at the mansion visiting him, therefore Lex had the upper hand.

“Can’t hold onto Ms. Lane so you settle for Ms. Sullivan?” Lex mockingly countered.

“I think of it more as an upgrade. Chloe is obviously the better of the two. Her loyalty knows no bounds, her intelligence can match mine, and her instincts can go no wrong. And her body...” Oliver looked dazed as he talked about Chloe.

Lex was outraged as he listened to him chatter on and on about Chloe’s attributes. He longed to shout that he knew all there is to know about Chloe Sullivan. He wanted wring Oliver’s neck at the thought of the other man touching his Chloe.

“So I ask again, what was she doing here?” Oliver interrupted his murderous thoughts.

“We just concluded our business arrangement.” Lex replied coolly.

“I find it hard to believe that she would associate with the likes of you Luthor. Where is she?” Oliver demanded.

“I have no idea.” He answered honestly. But one call from him and the security detail he set up for her can inform him of her whereabouts. Not that he would tell Ollie that.

He was waiting for his reaction and was surprised to see real concern cross the face of Oliver Queen.

“Do you mean to tell me that you’ve developed feelings for Ms. Sullivan?” Lex looked at him archly.

Oliver laughed humorlessly. “It’s just sex, for her at least. I’ve never worried like this with Lois and I’ve been only seeing Chloe for the last two weeks.”

“Why don’t you go on your merry way now? I already told you she isn’t here. Have you asked Kent? She’s probably with him.” His tone was caustic and mocking.

“He’s not picking up.” Was the quiet reply.

“Maybe they sailed off to the sunset. Chloe and Clark, has a certain ring to it.” So Oliver also viewed Clark as a threat. He should join the club; it’ll take him awhile to climb through the ranks since Lex himself was founder and president.

“So you got stood up for your date, you probably need a drink.” Lex was feeling generous; the only time that Chloe stood him up was when she drank the vile meteor drink. He poured more scotch in his glass and slid it towards Queen.

Oliver gave him an angry look but downed the contents in one gulp. “It wasn’t for a date. She was supposed to go to Star City with me.”

“Going away for the weekend?” he asked all nonchalant.

“No. She agreed to live with me.”

Lex shot up from his chair and turned away from the other man.

“I find that hard to believe. Miss Sullivan is hardly the kind of person who would give up her dream of becoming a top reporter at the Daily Planet just for a man she’s fucked for two weeks.” Lex’ sardonic words ricocheted across the room.

“I don’t think you know Chloe as well as you thought. Besides it’s none of your business.” Oliver replied curtly.

“Yet here you are, drinking my scotch, asking me about her whereabouts.”

“Listen Luthor, if I find out that you’ve done something to her-”

“You barge in here demanding to know if she was here and now you’re accusing me of doing something to her. You have overstayed your welcome here Queen. Get out.” Lex practically glowered as he faced him again.

“I don’t hear you denying it. Why was she here Luthor?” irritation tainted Oliver’s voice.

Before Lex could answer his phone rang. As he picked it up he saw the Chloe’s name, he couldn’t help the twitch of his lips at the thought that Chloe would call him but not Oliver.

“Luthor.” He greeted her gruffly.

“Lex, I’m in the hospital-”

Concern over her well-being filled his entire body, “I’m on my way.”

He was just about to hang up on her. “Lex, it’s Lana, she lost the baby.” She broke down after saying the words.

Lex was quiet and then he repeated himself. “I’m on my way.”
    TBC

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Good update, and I'm shocked to say that I feel a little bad for Lana's having a miscarriage.

I can't wait to see what happens next!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent update!!!!! This is getting better & better. Why would Chloe agree to move in with Oliver? Can't believe Lana lost the baby. Now I'm hooked, can't wait for more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information