+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burn Out, PG-13, June 20, 08

Re: Burn Out, PG-13, Complete, June 20, 08

Wowers!!! This is so amazing and gut punching. What got me the most was Gabe finding out that whats left of both his niece and daughter are just pieces. Damn, that's just cruel.

The ending, wasn't expecting that!!!

Rocio

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was wonderful nonky!

When you had Lex noting that "Lana" seemed to have a whole new strength, intelligence and insight about her, I thought the horribly burned woman just might be Chloe, but when you had her asking to see Gabe, I knew it.

And I loved that Lex had planned the explosion to kill Lana because he hated her--music to my ears Lex and Chloe's genuinely falling in love was just an absolute bonus.

Great work on this fic.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Re: Burn Out, PG-13, June 20, 08

I was so hoping that it was Chloe, I was alittle shocked but not really when it was Lex that set up. At first I was sure it was him then when you didn't mention it until the end I wasn't so sure. I'm glad that Lex did regret and prehaps feel alittle guiltly over Lois being killed.
    I'm a Dreamer and hoping one day Chloe and Lex will be together.

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Burn Out, PG-13, June 20, 08

It's creepy and sweet at the same time. Great story!

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Whoa, this one is unexpected. It was so strange reading a story told entirely through exposition. I can see why you needed to, however, if you were going to contain the tale in one part. It definitely could have been a sprawling, angsty epic. If you wrote it that way, I wonder if you could have kept the twist of who "Lana" actually was a secret for so long. I suppose, if you were entirely in Lex's mind, it might have worked. I'm not sure how many N-Sers could have stood chapter after chapter of Lex as a husband tending to an injured Lana, though. I think this storyline probably worked best as you wrote it.

Call me clueless but I totally didn't expect Lana to be Chloe, not until just before the revelation. I kept waiting to figure out how it could be a Chlex romance but for some reason that never occured to me. I was so happy there for a little while.

But the thing that gave me the biggest turn was the end--where we find out Lex arranged for the explosion. I was with him emotionally throughout the story--and thought it so great that he fought for the survival of a wife he had no emotional connection to--but he lost me at the end. It's believable, of course, that he might arrange to kill a hated wife. But I can't forgive even Lex for such an action, especially without any clear remorse. And the fact that he is keeping the truth secret from Chloe, whom he professes to love, shows him to be too selfish for me to want him as Chloe's husband. So it's not a happy ending for me, but a powerful, intriguing read just the same.

Thanks for writing it.

The story is great. I was on my toes bracing myself for the twist. The happy ending with Chloe seemed a bit rushed, one second she moves in then they get married and bam! now they have two kids. The revelation at the end definitely surprised me but it explains why he wanted "Lana" to die during her recovery.

Superb! I just loved it. The story was original and the writing was fantastic. I can see what you mean by saying that it could have been an epic piece, but the way you tackled it done it justice. What a twist at the end.

Thanks

loved the story. It was a sweet story with a great ending. loved it.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Amazing
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

Wow, awsome plot
    and great ending, from the way Lex was with the not-lana i never would have imagine he was behind the whole thing.
    Simply Brilliant

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information