+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 6 08/29/2019

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 2 08/27/08

Really great chapter, love the whole storyline. More please.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

What a powerful update. I loved it. I can't wait to see what happens next. I feel bad for Lex because the moment she regains her memories she will be mad.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Great chapter. I love that Lex for the most part came clean with Chloe. I love that Lex and Chloe were lovers in the past. I'm hoping for some hot flashbacks and future scenes.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I love that Lex isn't trying to push anything on her. It honestly feels like he wants to protect her and comfort her while she gets her memories back. He, of course, wants to have this alone time with her without Lois and Clark taking over, but he also seems to be accepting of the fact that Chloe will remember everything and she'll eventually leave him. I think he knows this is his only chance, even if she can't reconcile the things he did in the past with how wonderfully he's trying to take care of her now, he'll at least have these new moments with her. I like that he wants her to remember and choose him that way, and not force anything on her because not only would it not be fair, it would also leave to a hollow relationship.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

A wonderful update!

I like that Chloe's memories are tied to her feelings for Lex, and I like that he's helping her as much as he can--Good man
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

What a great update!!!

I'm loving that Lex isn't lying to Chloe about her memories and is letting her choose what she wants to discover about herself.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 3 Part 1 12/15/08

Notes: Sorry that I let this one get so far away from me. Keep in mind. That all those wonderful things that happened in season 7 with Clark and Kara coming into to play are not going to happen in this story. The only thing I’m keeping is Chloe dying after healing Lois.

Chapter 3 Chloe Sullivan’s Secrets Part 1

Lex watched Chloe stare at the footage of herself. He could see her mind racing as she remembered what happened that day in the dam. The thought of seeing yourself do something you had no recollection of must be making her feel as if she had gone mad.

“Go back.” Chloe spoke not quite hearing what she said to Lois.

Lex did as she asked and she heard the faint whisper of her voice. She said that Lois was the strongest person she knew and a few other words about not wanting to lose her. Then there was the blur of light. She watched herself stumble way from Lois, then it all caught up to her like things did when she saw the safe house earlier that day.

“I felt so weak.” She watched Lois frantic now that they had switched places. “I tried to move but I remember slumping down and feeling cold.”

“They tried to save you.” Lex spoke next to her. “But…”

“I died.” She finished for him. Without any build up Chloe started to cry. It wasn’t because she saved her cousin or died doing it. She started crying because she had no idea what she was.

Lex reached for her as she buried her face into her hands. His fingers trailed up her shoulder then around to the other side. It was sign that he was there for her and Chloe took it moving her desk chair towards him.

It was like he remembered from so long ago. When she needed comfort he was there for her. It was a good feeling to be that person again. It was horrible feeling knowing that she had died and may have never come back. “You came back.” Lex spoke softly to her.

She nodded once knowing that wasn’t the reason for her tears. “What am I Lex?” It was muffled but he had to hear her because she felt him go stiff against her. Chloe waited for him to answer burying herself into chest. The scent of him filled her and her arms tightened around him trying to force an answer out of him.

Lex had to see her face to understand her question. He nudged her back reluctantly now that he had her in his arms. “What do you mean what are you?” He questioned.

“How can someone do that. Am I human?” Chloe looked at the laptop screen resting on Lex’s desk. Seeing her death and now knowing it made the tears come down harder. Back on the screen her lifeless body was being pulled by Lois trying to get her some help. “Am I some kind of freak?”

With her face between his hands he tried to reassure her. “You’re not a freak. You are the most giving human being I know. Didn’t you just see yourself give your life for someone you love?”

“Why I’m I like this?” she wanted answers. Chloe had a feeling that this was a secret. She thought being with Lex was one secret and now there was another. She didn’t know how many would follow.

Lex released her from his hold and thought over how to say that she was infected by meteor rocks from an unknown planet. He wondered how he could say that he was infected too and have it make her feel better about all of this. None of it made much sense when it was spoken out loud but if she could watch herself die and come back then she could take this. Anyone hearing the truth would go running. Chloe wasn’t just anyone but without her memories Lex had no way of telling how she would react to the truth.

“Chloe…” He started watching her wipe away her tears to find her focus. “We are different.”

“We?” Chloe mumbled getting her bearings back. She let go of Lex so they both could sit back in their chairs. It looked as if this was uncomfortable for him to talk about as well.

They arrived at Lex’s manor late into the afternoon. Chloe could smell the cured wood of the study and she remembered being in it with Lex before going to safe house. Her memories of the place were all from what Lex would call the past. It was becoming harder to walk around in a world where half of her new something was real and the other didn’t know anything at all.

“Something changed us.” Lex went on. He needed to connect with her on this and he knew including him self was the way to do it. “We are both infected with something that we can’t get rid of.”

“You heal people and die too?” She questioned more confused then ever. It was becoming a horrid trend.

Lex knew his so called gift wasn’t as selfless as Chloe’s. “No. I have never been sick a day after I was infected.”

“You heal yourself?” Chloe looked at him trying to think of what she knew of him. The thoughts of him and her in the car from earlier were fresh in her mind. She could see his naked body and hers together. In her faint memories there was no sign of scars she could remember.

“I can get hurt but my body heals faster then any human my scientists have tested.”

“How do you know this? What infected us? I don’t understand…” The questions started and Chloe couldn’t stop.

Lex had to place his hands on her shoulders to break her reaction. “I can tell you what I know but there is someone else that understands this better then me.”

“Who?” As she waited for her answer Chloe let her mind go through the short list of names she knew. There was her cousin Lois that she healed on the tape. Then her best friend Clark. There was her father. If any of them knew the truth they had to tell her. They were people she assumed she could trust. They were people she assumed she loved and who loved her.

Just thinking of them her phone rang again. It was still resting in her pocket. She pulled it out before Lex could go on and it was Lois. “It’s her.”

“Maybe you should answer it. They are worried about you.” Lex didn’t want to let her go back to them but he would have to soon.

It was why they were in Smallville at the manor. All he had to do was drive to the Talon and let her go back to her life. He knew as soon as she did it would all come flooding back to her. In the safe house it was so easy. There was no telling what she would remember now.

He could only hope that the foundation was laid. Chloe would go to them and they wouldn’t know what to do with her. Clark would do what he had done to him. Clark would lie. Chloe, with or without her memory, wouldn’t stand for it.

Chloe ignored the phone. She pushed back her tears and tried to gain control over herself. What she just saw was more pressing; the people calling she didn’t remember. She would get around to them soon enough. “No, tell me what you know.”

“You have to know I would never lie to you. What I’m about to tell you may sound like the coming attraction to a movie but it’s our lives.” Lex knew laying it all out would be a lot even if she had already lived it.

Chloe swallowed over her tears and looked at him. She trusted him so fully in her mind from the safe house. There was no reason for her to stop now. It was all she had. “Tell me.”

“Well…” Lex started moving from his seat behind the desk to bar. He retrieved a glass of water and few tissues for Chloe as he started. “Smallville is known as the meteor capitol of the world. We have had two devastating meteor showers that are about fifteen years apart.”

“Meteor showers?” Chloe questioned him. She followed him as he moved about the room. She took the tissue from him to blot her face dry. As he spoke he led them to the leather sofa in the room. He placed the water in front of her. She knew this side of him from the safe house. This was her memory about him holding her when she was scared. Lex liked to take care of her. In that place she need it and he did to. Chloe just realize that when they were alone huddle inside one another it was how she comforted him.

“Yes. When people come in contact with the meteor rocks they are changed.” Lex thought of research his father started and now he was seeing over. Level 33.1 held all the answers Chloe was looking for right now. He was hoping she wouldn’t remember being inside of it. “My research has shown me that everyone changes differently. The change depends on how you came in contact with the meteor rocks.”

Chloe looked at him trying to explain. This was harder for him somehow but at least she was getting some answers. “How did you come in contact with them?”

“During the first meteor shower I was nearly killed when I was nine. The blast tossed me several yards in a cornfield. The meteor radiation changed my blood. I have more white blood cells then I should.”

When he said the words Chloe’s mind triggered something. “I know this.” She forced out the memory digging through the layers of confusion.

“I’m sure you do.” Lex recalled Chloe’s data base she kept on the Smallville Torch computers he stole once. It seemed so long ago but he was still pleased her mind was in the past. “You started researching me before coming to me for help against my father.”

“I had to know if I could trust you.” Chloe remember medical files. She could feel the thrill of sneaking into Smallville Medical center. He said she was a journalist. It must be something she was used to.

“Well that’s how I never get sick and I can heal so quickly.” Lex knew that the conversation would get tricky.

“What about me? How was I infected?” She waited and saw him turn away from her. “Is there something wrong?”

Lex nodded once knowing what he had to tell her now. He knew the source of her infection thanks to his testing. The test he ran when his people kidnapped her. He would have to tell her the truth or lose her all over again. If it came from someone else there would be no chance for him to explain.

“This is was why I couldn’t leave you with doctors in a hospital.” Lex tried to focus on the truth. It would be better in the end he reminded himself. He would have her back if he told the truth. “Chloe there is a strong concentration of meteor rock radiation in your heart and it runs throughout your bloodstream.”

Chloe look at herself thinking how she could be alive with a foreign thing from space running through her body. “How? When did it happen?”

“I don’t know. I assume it was when you were about three or four during the first meteor shower.” Lex had to wonder how Moria picked that day, of all days, to visit Smallville.

This was a relief knowing Chloe wasn’t the only one. How Lex knew so much was another question. He said they were no longer close. It made no sense for him to know so much. “How do you know all this about me?”

“This is what I can’t tell you.” Lex didn’t look back to her. His eyes stayed on the empty fireplace. The Chloe he knew could return the moment he spoke. It was the one that didn’t want to be near him. “My people tested you. Don’t try to remember because you won’t.”

“Why wouldn’t I remember?” Chloe had seen him nervous but now he wouldn’t even look at her. Lex kept telling her earlier that day he didn’t know what she felt. He must be afraid those feelings were about to come back the more he told her.

“Chloe we are a big exception to what happens when you become infected.” Lex let his mind go through the long list of every infected person that went crazy or went on some kind of killing spree. He knew why. He understood. Power could easily corrupt the sanest of people. “Most of them hurt people and I have spent a long time trying to stop that.”

Chloe’s mind was following him as he spoke. The infection was something clouded in her mind. When he finally turned to look at her it was just like before her mind caught up to what he was trying to tell her. “You have a facility? You hold people there?” She watched his eyes widen as she went on. “You were going to do that to me?”

“No.” Lex reached for her hand resting in her lap. This was what he had to get right if she was going to stay. “I would never do that to you. It’s only the people that pose a threat. I try to help the others. When they took you they didn’t know who you were. My people just knew you were infected.”

She felt him squeeze her fingers to reassure her. The memory of what he spoke of came to her and she pulled her hand away. “You did it to my mother.” She stood up stepping away from him. Her mother was locked in the facility. The reason she knew this was because she was there with her. “You forced her to use her powers for you.”

“I was trying to help her.” The look in her eyes was what he didn’t want to see. It was what he was trying to avoid. This secret would send her running away from him. “She was in a catatonic state for years Chloe. I have a serum that can help her. That’s why she was in the facility. I was going to reunite you with her. A dangerous man got loose and I asked for her help because of the nature of her powers but she refused.”

It sounded like he had her best interest at heart but it wasn’t what Chloe felt. She felt like he was trying to use her and her mother for something more. “How do I believe you? I want to but how when I feel like this. You took her and me to that place.”

He felt his hopes crumbling. Lex slowly moved next to her. With his hands on each of her shoulders he tried to make her see his version of what happened. “Chloe, you were angry but you never let me explain it all. You tried to publish information about the project but I couldn’t let you do that. I couldn’t jeopardize it all. I wanted to help your mother but you wouldn’t hear me out so I did what we do.”

“We fought about it.” The headline flashed into her mind. Chloe was going to bring him down for her mother. She knew what happened next between them. Just as the doctor said as she lived her life the more it came back. “I don’t trust you anymore.”

Taking his hands away Lex nodded. “I haven’t gone about things the right way the day you told me you couldn’t be with me.”

“No you haven’t but I didn’t give you a reason to.” Chloe walked around him to sit back down. She felt like she had something strong with him in the safe house but gave it away. Now everything seemed to be affected by the choice.

There was no telling what she was thinking but Lex had to know. He sat with her waiting for her to speak but nothing came. “I made mistakes but I never once did anything to hurt you. No matter what you remember please know that.”

When she looked at him the sincerity in his face was there. The Lex she knew from the safe house and what she was remembering now didn’t make sense in the same person. “I don’t want to know anymore of this.”

“This is the truth.” Lex knew no matter how hard she deserved the truth.

“I need to see my friends.” Chloe had to have more than just Lex in her mind. Her friends had to have some insight. It was not to go back to them.

“I can take you home.” His mind went to Clark telling every horrid thing he had done. Spinning all the things he tried to do right in to a evil plot was what she about to hear. It was all for a higher purpose to find the truth. Chloe would see that and understand or she would see it and know why she decided not to be with him.

“That would be best.” Chloe’s mind was swimming with new information. She had some kind of power lurking inside of her. “I’ll call Lois back.”

Watching her walk over to the desk for her phone was like seeing his future. Lex was about to lose her and he had to leave his future in the hands of her friends and family.

Before letting her go he explained what she would be walking into. He told her what each person looked like and a short list of their mannerisms so she would know who they were.

The most important thing he told her was that all her answers about their powers would be with Clark Kent. If there was anything he was sure of it was what was locked inside Chloe’s mind. After months of waiting to hear it from Lana he knew Chloe was the only one left that had the secret that had eluded him for years.

====={======}=====

In front of her home Chloe didn’t see anything she knew. The flowers for sale in front of the Talon didn’t look like something she had seen before. The brick of the building and the billboard displaying the movie showing for the weekend weren’t ringing any bells in her head either.

“Lois is waiting upstairs for you.” Lex spoke from the driver’s side.

They called Lois and Chloe told her to meet her at her home. Lois had more questions than Chloe did on the phone but she said that she would explain once she saw her. Chloe hoped seeing Lois would solidify some of her doubts.

Lex was acting as if he believed she hated him. The memory from the safe house was the freshest to her. None of those feeling had hatred around them. “Thank you.” Chloe replied to him.

As she went for the door Lex had to say one more thing. “Wait Chloe.” He waited for her to turn and look at him. “If this doesn’t work out I want you to know you have options.”

“Options?” Her brow furrowed trying to understand what he was saying.

“If your memories don’t come back or you don’t feel comfortable staying here you can come back and stay with me. I’ll be at the manor for a few days. You can call me if you need help.” It was a genuine response. He could only hope she would see that.

Chloe could see him trying to gain her trust. He was the only thing she remembered and she was glad that door would be open for her. It felt like she needed to hug him so she did. Slowly her body moved in the car to wrap her arms around him.

Lex hugged back thankful for the gesture. Then she was gone. He could only hope she would come back.

When Chloe walked into the Talon it was even less familiar than the outside of it. Her eyes spotted the stairs and she made her way to them. The smell of coffee filled her and people around her looked happy to be there. It seemed like a nice place to live. It was a place she needed to remember.

At her front door she had a handful of keys with no idea which one opened her door. A few raps on the door and it was flying open. A tall women with brown hair gushed over her.

“You are really alright. I was so scared when I couldn’t find you.” Lois squeezed her cousin for dear life. The pass few days were like hell. Not knowing if she was alive or dead had her constantly searching.

Not really knowing what to do Chloe hugged her back. From Lex’s tape she knew this was Lois Lane. This was the woman she gave her life for.

Pushing her into the place Lois called out to everyone waiting. “She’s alive.”

The next person she saw was Clark. When he came into view from the sofa in the room the only thing Chloe could think was how large he was. He towered over her and embraced her in his big arms. “Thank God you’re alright.”

It was a good feeling having Chloe back. Clark didn’t know what he would do if she disappeared but here she was now safe in his arms. When he let her go Lana was standing behind him.

“We are so happy you’re back.” Lana gave her a hug as well. It wasn’t nearly as warm as the first two but it was just as long.

“Where have you been?” Lois started right in on her. It was eating away at her and she had bad feeling about her whereabouts. She went to the dam to find answer. It lead her to what she thought was her death but here she was alive. How that happened to either of them she knew Luthor would have something to do with it.

Chloe didn’t know if she should lie or tell the truth but these were the links to her life. She had to start with the truth. “I was with Lex Luthor.”

When she spoke the words Lana gasped. Looking at Clark she saw his body stiffen. Then Lois said what they all seemed to be thinking.

“That son of a bitch.” Lois spoke and Chloe wasn’t expecting the profanity.

“Chloe are you serious?” Lana didn’t want to think of the things he could have told her while she was with him. It was a scary time for her living in his house. Chloe must have felt the same way.

Clark’s relief over seeing Chloe was short lived. The entire time she was missing she was with the worse person possible. “Are you sure you don’t remember any of us?” Clark reached for his friend placing his hand on her shoulder. Some things were best forgotten but she had to remember what Lex really was.

“The doctor said that…” Chloe started and she was interrupted.

“The doctor?” Lois eyed her sternly. “Luthor took you to a doctor but didn’t think to call your family.”

“I didn’t know who to call.” Chloe really didn’t have a good answer for this. Once she was aware of her family it was her choice not to call. Lex’s reasoning she never asked or questioned.

“This is how he works.” Lana spoke knowing how Lex could manipulate a person.

Clark let go of her stepping back to think this through but Lois was in a frenzy now making it impossible.

“That asshole knew who to contact. Me! Your father! Even Smallville over here would do.” Lois turned on her heels she was about to head out the door.

“Where are you going?” Chloe grabbed her arm before she could get away.

“To ask Luthor what the hell he was doing with you all this time and not telling us.” She turned to leave again until Chloe answered.

“He was trying to help me.” Chloe answered and they looked at her as if she’d spoken the biggest lie of the century.

“He would never do that Chloe unless he had an agenda.” Clark knew what Lex was after. If he had Chloe then Lex had his secret.

Chloe knew this was coming. Lex told her they didn’t trust him and she was included in that party. Yet she didn’t know why. “None of that matters. I’m home now.” They need to focus on the matter at hand.

“Chloe what did he tell you?” Clark spoke up this time before Lois.

“He told me the truth.” She was staring at her friends hoping they would hear her plea. “I don’t really want to talk about Lex I want to talk about me. I’m the one with the amnesia.”

“You’re right. We can deal with him later.” Lois answered trying to get herself under control. “What were you going to say about doctors?”

With one person on her side Chloe breathed out deep before answering. She explained what type of amnesia she had and what success she had so far in remember things. Clark flinched at the word safe house. It must have been a hard time for him thinking she was dead back then. She wonder what he would think of her most recent brush with death.

Chloe did leave out the fact that she was infected. She didn’t know who she shared that secret with. She had just gotten them all back and couldn’t scare them away with knowing she had some kind of meteor powers. The only person she wanted to tell was Clark. Lex said he would have more answers then he could ever give her.

“This is a good sign.” Lana answered. “You’ll know everything soon.”

“Well let’s get started.” Lois nudged Chloe into the bedroom area of the place. “You should remember about people that love you not about the horrible things the Luthors put you through.”

The more Chloe saw the more she was confused. Lex said she lived there with her cousin. Only the place seemed to have one room. How could they share the space and still get along so well? They worked together and lived together. Chloe was starting to think it was too much together.

Lois knew just were to start. Chloe had tons of photos that would trigger her memory. She nudged her down on to the bed and went for the albums in her desk. When she returned she tossed down the four books on the bed. “This one first.” She handed her the red album. Lucky for them the second meteor shower left these memories in tack for Chloe to remember.

Chloe smiled at the thought of seeing more of her life. This was what she hopped for so she started in on the album Lois was giving her. The first sets of pictures were of a chubby bald baby in the arms of a woman with dark hair. Lois must have seen the curiosity in her eyes as she eyed the pictures in front of her.

“That’s you and your mom.” Lois told her seeing her unable to place the picture. It was hard to imagine what she was going through at this moment. It appeared it would all be up to her to help Chloe if she didn’t get some help. “Get over here and help.” Lois spoke back to Clark and Lana standing over them watching.

“I’m going to speak to Lex.” Clark had to know if he lied to her. If he tricked Chloe in to thinking anything Clark would have to find out sooner or later. Chloe was safe with Lois and Lana for now.

Lana thought it was a perfect idea as well. “I’ll go with you.” She left Lex with the box and it seemed like he still wasn’t done trying to hurt her or the people around her. Now he was using Chloe.

“No.” Clark didn’t need more reminders of Lana and Lex. It still pained him to look at her at times thinking of her with him for so long. “Help Chloe. I can handle Lex.”

Lana knew what she had to do. She had made things with Clark this way. He saw her kissing Lex and even though they were back together he wasn’t over it yet. She nodded and took a seat with the girls on the bed.

“I’ll be back soon.” Clark said his good byes and sought out Lex to see what secrets he may have gained from Chloe Sullivan.

TBC

Chapter 3 Chloe Sullivan’s Secrets Part2

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 3 Part 1 12/16/08

I forgot about this story. I am glad it is back. EEK!! I am glad he told her the truth but he is taking a big risk. Clark won't let him get near Chloe again. I can't wait to see what happens next.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Re: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 3 Part 1 12/15/08

Yeah an update!! I really liked this story when it was first posted, its getting good now. I'm really glad how u decided to write Lex. Your Lex is not trying to control or lie to Chloe. I want to see what happens next. Great job
    Last edited by tatie87; 16th December 2008 at 21:54.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 3 Part 1 12/16/08

Ok, let me see if I got this right so I know the background. Lana did date Lex but she left him when she gave him the choice of her or the box and he chose the box (right choice!). Therefore the only stuff that happened after that in season 6 were things that were unaffected by the pregnancy/wedding so the phantoms, Chloe's meteor infection and her saving Lois.

Lex made the right choice in knowing that if he wasn't honest with Chloe in the beginning, he would never get her back in the end. Hopefully Clark, Lana, and Lois will annoy her so much with saying bad things about Lex that she'll go to him to at least hear his side of the story. I believe his reasons for what happened with Chloe and her mother. After all, he could have hurt them a lot worse if he wanted to and he didn't. And it just proves how crappy Clark is that he'd rather confront Lex than try to help Chloe get her memory back. He can make himself believe that he's trying to protect Chloe, but he really wants to make sure she wouldn't slip up and give something away about him. Clark might even hide everything he knows hoping that with Chloe not knowing she'll be better off. If that happens, then I bet Chloe will recognize something is off and go to Lex for answers, thus doing exactly what Clark doesn't want and he'll deserve it.

Also hopefully with this new 'blank' prospective on life, she'll finally be able to see all the problems with her so called friends and not feel the need to easily ignore their wrongs or forgive them out of loyalty.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information