+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 6 08/29/2019

No charge for awesomeness

Re: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 1 06/15/08

Great start. I am going to just repeat what the others said. This is SO how it all should have happened anyway.

Hopefully when Chloe starts to remember more it doesn't put Lex's fears about telling her they are in love into motinos. Maybe she'll just realize she really is in love with him *sigh* Somehow, I don't think it's going to be that easy

Great idea for a story. Love to hear more.

NS Full Member

Excellent beginning.
    And of course I want more!!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

An awesome beginning, and I can't wait for this to be continued
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

I can't wait for more!!!!!!1

This story sounds awesome!! And it's only been one chapter.
    I hope for more soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 2 08/27/08

Notes: Sorry took longer then I thought to update this. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be jumping around what I see as important for season six. I didn't watch most of it so what I thought should have happened anyway to lead into season seven is what will be in here.

Chapter 2 Chloe Sullivan’s Past

As Chloe woke up for the second time in the penthouse she wasn’t as jarred as she was the first time. The bed was still comfortable making it hard to get up. She had to get up. There was so much out there for her to learn and none of that would get done lying in bed.

She wasn’t the only one stirring because there was a knock at the door. “Come in.” Chloe announced loud enough for the person to hear. She pulled the covers back and straightened out her oversized pajamas. There were no complaints about the size because the material was extra soft against her skin. She had learned Lex had excellent taste in beds and pajamas.

When the door opened Lex Luthor entered with several shopping bags in his hands. “Good you’re awake.” He spoke moving closer to her placing the bags on the bed next to her.

Today was the first day of Lex’s plans to play out. It was obvious to him Chloe still had no memory of who he was because she was still in his house. After the doctor left them Chloe had all sorts of questions for him.

She wanted to know about her parents, how old she was, where she lived, who else knew her and, then the most important question; what happen to her. Lex couldn’t tell her everything. Too much too soon could put her into shock. It could also send her running away from him.

The doctor made one final suggestion that she should be admitted to a hospital and through therapy she could get her memories back. After being assured that things would come back the more she was exposed to her life Lex wasn't about to lock her way when he could have her with him before she remembered she hated him.

“What’s in the bags?” Chloe looked him over and he seemed to have been up for a while.

He was fully dressed and wide awake. There was a slight nervousness about him. Chloe noticed it last night as he spoke. As he told her things she didn’t know she could see he was concerned about what he saying.

There were moments she tried see if that nervousness was because he was lying but she couldn’t catch him in a lie. For some reason she felt like she read people rather well. Her reading of Lex was that he was being honest. What he said the day before about caring for her was real on some level she didn’t understand yet.

Throughout their talk Chloe notice something else about Lex. She felt like she knew him. As she searched for lies in the way he spoke, the gestures he made and the way his eyes stayed on her all seemed familiar.

“They’re for you.” Lex answered her. He wanted to sit next to her but he was close enough to her already without worrying her. Last night he pushed things a little too far reaching for her hand. She didn’t move it away but she did look at him with a hint of anxiousness. “You need something to wear so here are a few things.”

The morning was busy for him. While Chloe slept he finalized the deal for the Daily Planet take over. He looked over the security options for the new 33.1 facilities. Lex ended the early hours of the morning by ordering someone to pick up clothes for Chloe.

He could have easily gotten someone to go into her apartment in Smallville but that left the door open to Lois. She was released from Smallville Medical Center the same time Chloe was awakening yesterday. He was sure she was looking for her. It was wrong that he was keeping her away from her friends for so long but he would be dealing with them soon enough.

Lex needed Chloe to trust him first. When it came time for her to face Clark, Lois and Lana he was sure they would do everything all wrong and push Chloe right to him.

“Thank you.” Chloe pulled one of the bags to her searching for what he brought her.

It was becoming very apparent to her that Lex was more than rich. She had a tour of the penthouse before going to bed and the place was massive. He had staff moving about and everything was polished to the point of shiny. Now she was looking over what seemed to be a brand new wardrobe. There was no sense in telling him she didn’t want the things. She only needed to wear one thing to get to her own clothes.

While they were talking that night he handed over her cell phone full of numbers to people she didn’t know as well as a set of keys to an apartment she didn’t remember. She didn’t go through her phone right away that night. Pumping Lex for answers was what she wanted to do first.

There was this itch inside Lex to touch her. The itch had been bothering him since they were alone the night before. Feeling the warmth of her hand for a few minutes wasn’t enough of a reminder of what was years ago.

It had been a long while since he was near her without the hostility. They had come custom to an endless sparring match. She would say something and he would bite back then suddenly it would all escalate into him saying too much. It would end with him being harsher then he needed to be.

At first it was to get back at her. Chloe made him feel something so strongly then she ripped it away from him. As time passed it was just the way things were. It was the same with his father. It was a tug of war in which both parties ended up with mud on their faces. It was place he never wanted to be with Chloe yet there he was.

Lex had brought it on himself. Now he had his second chance. All she had to do was remember them being together. Right now he just wanted to push back the strands of blonde hair covering her face as she looked into the shopping bags. Instead he went with a question. “What do you want to do today?”

Chloe didn’t know enough about anything to know what she wanted to do. She had already made up her mind that she didn’t want to contact her father. There was no reason to make him worry about her too soon. After a few days her memory could come back completely. Lex told her that Gabe had moved to Star City months ago for a job. It had to be hard enough for him to leave her and she didn’t want to add to any possible guilt.

Taking a moment to think it over Chloe knew where she wanted to start because she couldn’t stop thinking of it all night. “I dreamed about the safe house last night.”

Lex didn’t want to sound too eager about what she was saying. Things were still playing out in his favor. “Do you want to go there?”

“Yes if that’s possible.” Chloe settled on a top that was in one of the bags. There were at least ten choices for her. Lex had over done it because when she moved to the next bag she noticed there were several sets of bras and matching panties.

She cleared her throat ignoring the fact that the items all seemed to be perfectly sized for her. How could he possibly know her this well? “The dreams seemed real. I want to start there and see if anything makes sense.”

“Chloe I told you last night that was a long time ago. Are you sure you don’t want to start with the way your life is now. We could visit your apartment in Smallville or your job. There are your friends I told you about as well that may be worried about you.” Lex had to play this right. Making all the choices for her wasn’t the way. It had to be her choice where to start to open up her memories.

Of course she knew that was the past but it was the only thing that was clear to her right now. “I know it’s the past but that’s where I want to start.” Chloe stopped searching through the bags to look at him. “Maybe I need to go back to the start in order to understand the way things are now.”

He smiled slightly then nodded. “Okay then. You can get ready and meet me in the study.” Lex stood to leave but turned towards her just before he opened the door. “Do you want anything else?”

Chloe looked around her trying to think of what she could want right now other than her memories back. She had clean clothes in front her. A bathroom stocked with anything she could ever want. At the moment not knowing a thing she felt safe. Now there was a billionaire that was in love with her offering her even more.

Fighting to clear her head of sleep to answer him it became clear. “I need coffee.”

This was the Chloe he knew requiring a caffeine fix before starting the day. “Of course.” Lex replied opening the door.

“What do you mean of course? Do I like coffee?” Chloe questioned him with her eyes slanted trying to think of the taste, the smell and the heat of coffee. Again it became frustrating to know little things about the world but not being able to remember the important parts of it.

“You might say that.” Lex moved out of the room to let her get ready.

Chloe smiled to herself looking into the next bag for what to wear. “I like coffee.” She said to herself happy to know a new piece of information.

====={======}=====

Chloe’s current surroundings were slowly becoming familiar. ?It was hard to believe she was a key witness in a murder trial. It seemed to make sense with what Lex said her chosen profession was. Being a reporter must have made that sort of thing common. Only when he said she was only seventeen at the time it floored her. Without telling her anymore Lex said it would all make sense soon enough.

When she moved into the living room she realized something. What the place really was had nothing to do with comfort.

“I was safe here?” Chloe questioned knowing Lex was lingering behind her. He had been doing that since they moved into the place. He was waiting in the wings to answer anything she needed help with.

“Yes...” He paused knowing she wasn’t as safe as intended. “…for a time.”

They had been at the safe house for about an hour. The house had been locked away for some time now. It was covered in dust and there was stale smell to it. Chloe’s mind started racing about the empty place searching for something that would trigger her memory. Her eyes settled on the far wall of the living room and it all came flooding back to her.

“I use to place articles here.” Chloe moved to the wall placing her hand against the worn paint. “I put things here I thought were weird or interesting. Things I would have wanted to investigate.”

“That’s right.” Lex wanted to add more to what she was saying but he couldn’t do it. This was for her to see.

She ran her fingers down the dusty wall seeing hundreds of pieces of paper covering it. “It was what I did to pass the time until the trial.” While she stood there everything from her dream the night before hit.

“There used to be a TV in this room.” Chloe closed her eyes letting it wash over what she knew. “We would watch TV here.” She turned around pointing to the empty space the couch was in.

Chloe moved towards the kitchen. “You helped me cook smoke salmon one night.” She moved away from the kitchen down the hall. “This is the bathroom.” The said passing the first door. “This was my dad’s room.” She spoke as they passed the second door.

“This was my room.” Chloe spoke pushing the door open.

“You’re right about everything.” Lex replied following her into the room. The place held so many memories that he wanted her to have again. There were things he could never forget.

As Chloe moved into the room there were so many images of Lex running through her mind. “This is where you held me when I was scared.” Chloe pointed to the where the bed was placed. Closing her eyes Chloe could still smell him against her. “I was afraid that I wouldn’t make it and you would tell me he can’t hurt me here. Your father Lionel can’t get to me here.”

Lex’s eyes widened. He never told Chloe his father’s name but there she was saying it. It seemed like her memoires would come back faster then he thought. “That’s what I said. I promised to protect you.”

When she turned to look at him the spot he was in now brought back a heart stopping memory. “That’s where you kissed me the first time.” Chloe pointed out at him.

Then she thought of her age. She was only seventeen years old at the time. How someone that powerful was interested in her had her little shaken. Then she was reminded of how it was possible when she looked at him. He was concerned but it was like he was worried about a little kid. Lex was concerned for her as some being victim to his father’s wrath. Some just like him.

He couldn’t be more pleased with the change in topic. “That’s right.” He knew the kiss well enough.

“I was standing here and my hands were shaking because I knew it was coming.” Chloe moved until she was in front of him. “I couldn’t look at you because I knew something was going to happen.” She looked away feeling as she was back that day then suddenly her hands started to shake.

“I held your hands.” Lex spoke doing the action again. He let his hand reach for one of hers then the other and they were indeed shaking.

The touch made her look up at him. When she met his eyes the feelings she felt were all around her. She was nervous and excited all at once. “Then they stopped shaking.” Chloe licked her lips thinking of the first touch of his lips against hers.

In that house Lex protected. When she needed someone Lex was there for her. He let her into his life in that house and Chloe let him into hers. They would laugh together, fight over silly things and when she was scared he would hold her. The strongest memory was understanding. Somehow he understood her and she understood him.

Chloe knew he loved her because he said so. Today standing in the safe house looking him in the eye she was starting to believe his words were the true.

“Do you remember what I told you?” Lex spoke watching her think it over. He moved closer to her letting go of one of her hands to place into around the curves of her face.

Chloe breathed out hard because the slow and steady feeling of his hand on her skin. His words started to come out her as if she had never forgotten them. “You said that you knew the circumstances weren’t perfect but you were glad that you could spend this time with me.”

“I’m happy to have you in my life and I hope you can be apart of it for a long time.” Lex finished smiling at her smiling back at him.

As she relived the memory Chloe knew what came next but Lex pulled away from her. “You’re not going to kiss me?” She moved back to him as he tried to back away.

“No.” Lex moved away from her out of the room. There was no way he could let this happen. She didn’t know everything yet. If she was going to come back to him then she would have to know everything first. This was only the start she had to know the end of it as well.

She chased after him running out of the house into to the fresh air of the afternoon. “Wait.” Chloe reached out to grab him and he stopped once she had a good grasp on him. He turned to face her and she could see he was upset. “I thought you said you loved me.”

“I do.” He answered her wanting to reach for her again and be as close to her as he was in the room but he couldn’t. That was a memory of the past. In the present the real Chloe would never let him get as close as he was just now.

“Then why would you shy away from me like that. I remember you. I remember the kiss. I remember a lot of kisses in that room.” Chloe was trying to understand if someone loved her wouldn’t they want to kiss her.

“I told you Chloe this is the past.” Lex didn’t want to tell but she would have to understand. “When you were here I knew you wanted me but now...” He paused for fear of giving away too much.

“What do you mean?” Chloe wasn’t going to get over her confusion on her own.

“Before the trial someone did get to you.” Lex felt the chill run down his spine when he went to see her that day only to find that she was taken.

Chloe wasn’t certain but she had an idea of what he meant. “His hands were made of metal.” The thought made her shake her head. “That sounds crazy. Who could have hands made of metal?”

Lex didn’t want her to think she was crazy but he didn’t want to open the door to the meteor infected just yet. “I never saw the person that took you but if that’s what you remember it must be true.”

Shaking off the thought Chloe still didn’t understand how she could remember feelings so strongly and not feel that way now. “What happened when I came home?”

“When you came home you told me that you couldn’t be with me because…” Lex paused trying not to get choked up by the memory.

Waiting for him to finish allowed Chloe to remember what she said. “Because I didn’t think I could be with a Luthor.” He nodded silently at her answer.

“Why would I do that?” Chloe looked back at the house behind them and she could feel all the memories of him in that place. “I know that I wanted you. I wanted you just now remembering what happened.”

“Chloe you were afraid and had every right to be.” He paused reaching for her, to turn her around and look at him, keeping his hands on her shoulders to comfort her. “My life isn’t the easiest to be a part of.”

“It’s not right that I don’t remember you.” Chloe was thinking how hard this was for her but looking at Lex she could see how hard it was for him to. Being in this place and remembering them this way was hard for him because he still loved her and they weren’t together anymore.

“You’re working on remembering me.” Lex answered pulling his hands away before he did something he shouldn’t.

“If we aren’t together then why did I wake up in your house? Why would you tell me we are in love?” Chloe didn’t question why she was with Lex. The first thing he admitted to her was that he cared for her so it made sense that he would want to take care of her when she was ill. Now that she was learning about Chloe Sullivan’s past it didn’t make sense for her to be with him now.

This moment had been coming all day. Lex knew sooner or later Chloe would ask the right questions he couldn’t answer with the truth. He had to be honest. Any sign that he wasn’t would send her away.

“I said what I did to reassure you that you were safe with me. When you got hurt the circumstance were so complex that I couldn’t leave you in a hospital.” Lex did his best to answer but he could see her working through it.

“That still doesn’t explain anything.” Chloe moved toward him looking for any signs that he was lying. His eyes only seemed to plead with her to forgive him.

Lex took in a deep breath. If he didn’t answer her then he’d lose her. When he hesitated her face grew stern and her eyes slanted at him. He knew this face and it wasn’t one he liked. The only thing he could do was tell her the truth but how to put it was the problem.

“You died.” Lex said it plainly letting it sink in.

The words came out of him in a rush. Chloe took a step back trying to find the meaning in what he said. Her mouth went dry when she tried to speak. “I died.” Chloe could feel herself falling over. She didn’t know why but she knew what he said was true.

It played out slowly in front of him until she was nearly toppling over. Lex made it to her in time to keep her from falling. She was heavy in his arms and the tears started coming hard and fast.

“But you came back. I don’t know how but you came back.” Lex told her sheltering her into his body. They stood there for moment playing out a scene he knew and she just recalled. It took a moment but her arms went around him.

“How did I die?” Chloe questioned him looking up from the shelter of his firm embrace.

“It’s easier if I show you.” Lex answered loosening his grip to let her go but she didn’t move right away.

There was a silent nod as Chloe pulled away. Being in his arms again only strengthened the memory she had in the safe house. “Let’s go.” After pushing back the wetness from her face Chloe moved quickly for the car. The feeling of death she had was strong just now and she needed to know where it came from.

Lex didn’t waste any time following after her to the Aston Martin to take his place in the driver’s seat. As he put the key into the ignition there was the sound of a phone ringing. It wasn’t his because he had set his cell and blackberry to vibrate.

“I think that’s you.” He replied to Chloe has she tightened her seat belt.

“Oh.” Chloe thought the sound was coming from Lex. She forgot that she placed the cell phone Lex gave her the night before in her new jacket pocket. Once the phone was in her hand it indicated she missed the call then shortly after it told her there were several missed calls along with some unheard messages.

“Who was it?” Lex knew the darn thing had rung all night but he hadn’t thought to tell her. When he gave her the phone the night before she could have looked at it herself to see but it was obvious now she hadn’t.

Chloe had given little thought to the phone when Lex gave it to her. People she didn’t know were calling her. This time she took note of the number of messages that were waiting for her. It seemed second nature when she found the missed calls section of the phone. Her hands did the work and she hoped they would remember more then just how to use her cell phone.

“The last call was from Lois.” Chloe answered then she saw the last ten calls were from Lois and the next few after that were from Clark. “I also have a lot of calls from Clark.”

Lex looked ahead of him at the safe house. The truth about what happened there wasn’t known by anyone but the people in his car right now. After Chloe returned home he wondered if she ever told Clark but, if she did, he was sure Clark would come knocking on his door for the truth. Lex hadn’t told her enough about her life for her to go back to Lois and Clark yet.

He started to wonder about one person that hadn’t called. Lana wasn’t necessarily worried about anyone but herself so it was no shock Chloe had no calls from her. The fact that Jimmy Olsen hadn’t called once was a bit of shock. The last he checked Jimmy was away but that didn’t mean he and Chloe weren’t together.

It was beside the point now; Lois and Clark were the matter at hand. “Do you want to call them?” He didn’t want to ask but he couldn’t make it seem as if he was keeping her from them.

Lois and Clark were only known to her right now as Lex described them the night before. Lois was her roommate and cousin while Clark had the role of close friend. How they fit into her life or how she fit into theirs was a mystery. Right now their messages and their calls weren’t leading to finding out how she died. Chloe shrugged off the call placing her phone back into her pocket.

“Show me how I died.” She answered Lex turning to look at him as he was already staring at her. This time he was silent and pulled the car away from the abandon house.

As he drove away Chloe took her last look at the place she understood that part of her life now. It was the place that saved her. It was a sanctuary she shared with Lex. It was the place where he held her and kissed her. It place she let him have her completely.

When they pulled out on to the highway Chloe watched Lex shift the gears and saw something different about him. As he griped the gear shift she saw her breast breathe his palm. When her focus went to the other hand she felt it wrapping around her neck pulling her closer to his lips.

Looking at his chest falling and rising she felt it against her own when he held her close. Once her eyes traveled to his face she saw it very differently. His brow was covered in sweat and his eyes weren’t focused on the road but on her. Then she heard the choked cry of her name escape his lips. The memory took over and Chloe started to feel very uneasy in her seat.

She was remembering them being lovers. The thoughts were overwhelming and she took in a harsh breathe of air looking away from him.

The gasp coming from his side almost made him stop the car to check on her. When Lex glanced at Chloe she had her hand pressed against her chest as if she was trying to catch her breathes.

“Are you alright?” He questioned slowing the car, pulling over to the shoulder seeing the state she was in.

She heard the concern in his voice and answered quickly. “I’m fine.” Chloe looked at him and the car had stopped completely now. The feeling of him surrounding her was stronger now that he was looking at her.

“What is it?” Lex turned to her waiting for her to say she remembered he was a monster. That she knew how she died. That she knew he had probed and prodded searching for the source of her infection. He was waiting for her to jump out of the car to get as far away from him as possible.

But Lex forgot that Chloe Sullivan wasn’t remembering her present. Her mind was stuck in the past and in the past he wasn’t any of those things to her.

“I was remembering us.” Chloe answered slowly looking at him and not seeing him now but seeing him then. “We were lovers?”

Lex smiled slightly at her question. “Yes.” He answered then the bitter truth came. “But only in the safe house.”

“I can feel it.” Chloe looked at him thinking that he could feel it too. He said he loved her and he must want what she was feeling back. He was all over her in her memories.

“Those are good memories for both of us.” His hand casually stroked her hair once and he watched her close her eyes to get the full effect. When she opened them again Lex wanted to kiss. At the safe house he was close to it and for the same reason then he couldn’t do it now.

As he pulled away Chloe knew why now. No matter how much she remembered she didn’t know him now. She could see that thought hurt but it was hurting her to now. “We should go.” Chloe looked away from him trying to regain her focus.

“Right.” Lex let the car roll back out on the road and he let another moment to have her again pass him by.

There was no need to rush. Chloe Sullivan’s life lay before them but right now he had to explain her death.

It was time to explore Chloe Sullivan’s secrets.

TBC

Chapter 3 Chloe Sullivan’s Secrets
    Last edited by letia84; 27th August 2008 at 06:57.

Re: Remembering Chloe Sullivan (R) Chapter 2 08/27/08

I am totally digging this plot. I love that Lex is current, but working to go back to his good self. I also really love that Chloe automatically went to their summer; it obviously means a lot to her. It's also a good sign that it's where she went to, because she needed to repress everything after.

Love it. Update very soon, please!

WW

I'm liking how Lex is being as 'honest' as he can. He is giving her control which is very empowering and when she maybe sees things from a different angle this time her choices may be different. Fab fic. Dagney

Wow, I'm really surprised of how fast Chloe's memories are coming back... but I love it. I also love that her first set of memories were of her time in the safe house with Lex and that she decided to go there an investigate her past.

I wonder what will happen when she finally sees or hears from Clark and Lois, will she start remembering her past with them too? If so, Lex better keep her away from them for awhile if he wants her all to him self.

This second chapter was excellent! I can't wait to read more in the future!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information