+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Incorruptible (PG) One Shot

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: The Incorruptible (PG) One Shot

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    This is exactly what I wanted to happen on the show, have everyone think Chloe is dead, Lex takes her, waits for her to come back to life, and then uses her against Clark. And Lex is thinking about her just the way he should be. The way that makes sense to his character. Awesome!
    That would make an awesome storyline!

This was beautifully chilling--excellent work
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by superag View Post
    Ok, since we're being remotely religious here....God woman, you are incredibly twisted and I love it! People don't like fics like this but I can just picture him standing over her gray body. Chilling to the end.
    I don’t try to be twisted, really I don’t. I just write the stories I want to read. Thank you for reading and leaving feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    Eww that was gross but fascinating. I almost stopped reading but you kept my attention.
    Sorry it was gross, thanks for sticking through all 500 words until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BackupLover View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if you have Lex cooped up somewhere from the on-par descriptions of his moods.
    I plead the 5th on whether or not I have him locked in a room, tied to a bed, wearing only satin boxers. But if he’s missing from the show next season, you’ll know where he is.

He's going to attempt to abuse a phoenix
    I love the phrase “abuse a phoenix.” It has a nice ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by xfieldhockeygurl07x View Post
    ready interesting take on the story line. i thought it was very good!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by purplemoon123 View Post
    WOW!!!! I have no words. My brain is stuck and can't form coherent sentences. WOW!!! Yeah, that's all I pretty much I can come up with.
    Well thanks for leaving something. “WOW!!!” is not a bad comment to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    This is exactly what I wanted to happen on the show, have everyone think Chloe is dead, Lex takes her, waits for her to come back to life, and then uses her against Clark. And Lex is thinking about her just the way he should be. The way that makes sense to his character. Awesome!
    It would have been so awesome if the show had gone in that direction. Someone posted on K-site in response to this fic that they’d be scared that the show might do this, and I was like, “Oh, I’d be excited.”

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyJump View Post
    Wow that dark but made sense for who Lex can be. Enjoyed it to the end
    I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    That was dark and made a chill run up my spine. Excellent.
    Thank you. Chills were what I was going for.

Quote Originally Posted by skauble View Post
    I don’t mind Lex being evil at all, but the term “evil genius” that has always characterized Lex Luthor really needs the genius part present.
    I love Evil!Genius Lex. Nothing’s sexier.

Unfortunately, we only really got Evil!Genius Lex in one or two episodes. Freak is probably the best example of him and surprise, surprise, look at the director.

I felt really cheated by SV that they never explored this storyline. I know that the season was cut short and then MR left the show, but I think it would have been awesome to have Lex find out both that Clark had poked around in his head and that Chloe had brought him back to life.
    This show cheats us out of so much. They pretty much take the easy way out of everything. They don’t develop the interesting storylines, hell, they don’t even develop the uninteresting ones, they just run them over and over again with no development. Such lazy writing. It’s really sad.

They absolutely should have had Lex find out that 1.) Clark invaded Lex’s mind and 2.) Chloe can “cure” the dead. The wasted potential on this show. *sigh*

Again, I really, really enjoyed this story. I don’t know if you have plans on following up on it, but it really would be a great lead in to a longer look at the consequences of Lex knowing Chloe’s secret and using her against Clark. Although I would imaging that would end up being a Chlark story. Which I would be totally okay with.
    Well, pretty much everything is a Chlark story with me. i love them.

I also love the idea of Chloe coming back after an extended death, how Clark would react and how Lex could use her against him. Almost as much as I love Chlark, I love Lex getting the upper hand on Clark.

Like I said in the author’s notes, this was originally one section in a series of people looking at Chloe’s dead body. There was a plot that sort of tied it all together, but it involved passing her body from one person to the next and I didn’t like it so much. So, I doubt I’ll continue with this. But there are other Chloe comes back from the Dead and Lex uses her against Clark ideas running around in my head. We’ll have to see if any of them settle down and start a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    This was beautifully chilling--excellent work
    Thank you and thank you to everyone for reading and leaving feedback.

Interesting drabble. It's a great stand alone work.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"The only way to get ideas for stories is to drink way too much coffee and buy a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it..."
    -- Douglas Noel Adams

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

An excellent, very eerie idea, Firebunny. The mood is perfect for analyzing Chloe's ressurections from Lex's POV, and he's certainly capable of grave-robbing.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

She may be incorruptible, but with her rebirth comes ruin.
    Very powerful line. Ominous and dark and very telling of the potential dark future that awaits.

Honestly, this fic didn't gross/freak/whatever me out at all (then again, I do love some dark and angsty). I thought it was an excellent exploration of that potentially *really* dark side of Lex that will go to such extremes for what he wants (and this time he happens to want 2 things: Chloe and Chloe's secret).

Now I quit watching SV years ago (around S3 or so, I guess?) so I don't know what this actually references from the show (apparently, by the other FB, it does reference something) but even without having seen it, I could still relate. I could still feel what you were aiming for, the mood you were trying to create.

I would love to see a sequel or see this turned into something longer but, if not, you still managed to get the point and feeling of it across in so few words.

Great work

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Wow! Does she come back? Great fic!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information