Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Charm (NC-17)

Re: Lucky Charm (NC-17)

OK...it may have been an abrupt ending...but still a good one...Great work

Ok, you made me divided in my opinion.

On the one side CHLEX: WOOHOO!
    Great!

On the other side Lex took all the decisions away from Chloe and everyone (except for Lois&Clark) seem fine with it, even Chloe after a little rant. Personally I thought that she gave in way too fast. If had had been her I would have booted Lex out of the hotelroom for at least a night! I miss her stubbornness and her backbone in this story.
    Not so good!

But still I kind of really like the story, I'm just heavily divided in my opinion!
    Come join the dark side. We have cookies.
    Yumm!
    Annnnnd Lex Luther!!!
    Double Yummmmmmmm!!

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
    - Matt Frewer

NS Full Member

I enjoyed reading this fic but it was absolutely BIZARRE!!! And it was Chloe's behaviour that I found the most bizarre, off-the-wall thing in this. It niggled at me that Chloe was so damn submissive even with Lex so blatantly manipulating her. I'm not saying I wanted her to deliver a slap to his face and walk away from him, but she should have been harder on him and let him know in no uncertain terms that there is no way, no matter how much he loves her (and I really believe he does), that what he did is ok. Nor should he ever pull anything like that on her again. I'm comforted a little by the fact that Lex showed a fraction of remorse at the end here when Chloe laid out what he'd done, word by highly unethical, morally dubious word.

It also would have been nice to see a little bit of that fiery, tenacious, vivacity which is one of the reasons why we all love Chloe. And no doubt, an aspect of Chloe that Lex loves too . After all, he's a man who likes to be challenged. He doesn't want a push-over.

On a lighter note, in spite of all that, I can appreciate the fact that this fic doesn't need to be taken too seriously. And as I said at the start, I enjoy it for the highly bizarre, highly entertaining, slice of well-written fluff that it is.

this was a great story i read it ages ago (might have even commented on it) and loved it. even better second time around. it was funny and cute and very hot in places.

NS Member

Love This Story!!!
    Wish it would have been a little longer but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for a long fic -- Thanks for your great writing!!

lex is evil, but so delicious! this is great! keep on keepin on.

Members

Quote Originally Posted by katieandjason View Post
    Hey there. You wrote this story really well.

But I'm sorry, everything in me rebels at Chloe's actions. She was powerless in all major decision regarding her own life. She was always reacting, never initiating. And just because you have great sex with someone doesn't mean that you don't want to be given the chance to ACTUALLY GET TO KNOW THEM before marrying them. Also, that Lex expected her to quit work because he forced a marraige against her consent raised a big red flag for me. He loved her so he did what he wanted to no matter what. He didn't care about her wishes, dreams, or desires. He didn't care about what kind of wedding she have dreamed of. And he didn't care that she might want to actually remember her wedding. Lex gave no thought to Chloe's feelings. He did what he needed to get what he wanted. And Chloe was fine with that?

I really feel Chloe should have told Lex that she would be more than willing to date him. But they absolutely needed to anull the marraige. If, after spending time together, in a real relationship that consisted of more than getting coffee every few months, they reached marriage, then fine. But you don't start off a relationship with a wedding! You just don't!

I'm sorry. Usually I love your stories. Love them. And I kept reading this because I was hoping Chloe would snap out of it and stand up for herself. But when she didn't, it really really really bothered me. Sorry.

Honestly, I wouldn't have reviewed except that there has been a call for more reviews no matter what. But again the writing was excellent. The plot just wasn't for me.
    this is all so true

NS Full Member

I love this fic. I could read it over and over again and never get tired of it.

NS Junior Member

Great story! Too bad it ended there.

NS Full Member

Just re- read this and still love it! You are amazing!

LA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information