+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (April 9, 2009)

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (09 Mar. 2009)

This is a great story! Please update soon............

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (09 Mar. 2009)

Miracles of all miracles! I updated my fic! YAAAAY ME!!
    Chapter 10!

Chapter 10: Trouble

Lex and Chloe got into a big black SUV as they took off she noticed, another SUV was in front and another behind them and she also noticed that she was the only one in the vehicle that wasn't carrying a gun, even the driver had one though she suspected that he wasn't really just a driver, Lex was in the back seat with her, in the passenger seat was the team leader for this mission, though actually he was more like messenger boy to Lex, who seemed to be totally running the whole thing by himself without much help from the guy, a little while later they pulled into a alley, they're were warehouses all around them and Chloe was sure that she hadn't ever seen this part of Metropolis before, and with all the scary looking homeless people and druggies she was glad she wasn't her alone,

"Lex, where are we?"

" What? Are you telling me you've never seen this scenic part of Metropolis." Lex said, smirking.

"Very funny."

"Okay look we parked a couple blocks away from the warehouse he is located in, we thought that driving three black SUV's up to his door might not be a great idea, I'm going to leave you with Jake, he's the driver."

Jake looked back at her, "Hey." He mumbled, he didn't seem to happy to be here, probably because he had to stay here and babysit her and miss out on all the action.

Lex and his "team leader" got out, "We probably won't be long we're just going to go in, get him and get out, don't worry he won't be riding with us."

"Are you sure? There's plenty of room." Chloe said, sarcastically.

Lex just smiled, "We'll be back." Then with one meaningful look at Jake the driver they left.

After a couple minutes, after Chloe was sure they were really gone she spoke, "So-o-o Jake, I bet you wish you were with them instead of babysitting me." Leaning forward between the driver and passenger seats.

Jake glanced at her, "I just do what I'm told, Miss....."

"Oh just call me Chloe."

"....Chloe."

"Hmmm thats nice um well you could just leave me here and go...with them."

Jake smirked, "Lex told me you'd try to get to the warehouse."

"So it is in a warehouse, I suspected that it was but its good to know for sure."

Jake cursed under his breath when he realized that she'd tricked him.

"Now if you could just tell me what warehouse it is...'

He smirked. "I don't think so."

In a flash Chloe had his gun, "What the..."

Chloe grinned, "It was a really bad idea to have the holster on that side, now about the warehouse...."

"Oh and I wouldn't try anything if I were you, my uncle, he's a three star general, I know all about guns."

Jake sighed but got out of the vehicle, Chloe climbed out too, keeping a bead on him, "Now don't try anything because wouldn't want anything unfortunate to happen, would we?"

Jake didn't say anything, Chloe cocked an eyebrow, He sighed, irate. "NO."

"Good, now will you lead me to the warehouse, please." Chloe asked, smiling sweetly.

He started walking and she followed holding the gun on his back.

Before long they came to a warehouse that, well looked like all the others except she saw one of Lex's men and so she knew it was the right place, they walked up a little closer and stood behind some crates,

"This is it." Jake said.

"Thank you so much Jake, but I won't be needing you anymore."

Chloe clocked him in the head with the gun, knocking him out.

She walked stealthily towards the warehouse, as she got to the door she could hear voices,

"Now doctor, you need to come with us." A voice said, whom she recognized as being Lex.

Then there was a low, kind of scratchy voice, "Why would I want to come with you and abandon all my work?"

"Because I know exactly what kind of "work" you do and who you do it for." Lex answered.

"I see, and who exactly would you be, you seem to know me but I'm afraid I don't know you." Said the voice, that she was guessing belonged to Malcolm Sirus.

"Who I am is not important."

"Well then could I know where your planning on taking me?"

"I'm taking you to be locked up, in a place where you can never conduct this kind of research again."

Then there was a crash, "What! Locked up?! My work is far to important to be stopped!"

"I think the world will be a better place with one less murderer on the streets."

"MURDERER!?!" Another large crash.

"Calm down, Doctor Sirus."

He seemed to calm down at Lex's words,

"HAH! It doesn't matter what you say anyway, they aren't going to arrest me for killing meteor freaks, they'll probably give me some kind of medal or something." He said, laughing uproariously.

"Well last time I checked kidnapping gets you put away as well."

There was a long silence.

Then suddenly was what sounded like a yell, but it sounded like it came from like an animal, then she could hear Lex's men shouting, and gunshots, Chloe yanked open the door ran in, inside was chaos, Lex's men were scattered about the room shooting at.....something, she didn't know what, Lex was barking orders, shooting in between words, but what were they shooting at? All the sudden she saw it, it was some kind of beast, it was hard to spot it seemed to blend in with its sorroundings but then every once in a while there would be a spark and it would become visible for a couple seconds and then disappear again, when it appeared she aimed at it, it disappeared but she still shot at it, she hit it and then it flashed, she realized that it flashed whenever it was shot, but was it actually hurting it? It didn't seem to be doing much damage, the creature was running just as fast as it had been, there was a flash the creature was suddenly visible as someone hit it, its like the bullets are bouncing off like they're hitting some kind of.......armor? Maybe that was it, maybe that was why it wasn't bleeding or wearing down, they were just wasting bullets, another flash and the creature was visible, she noticed that right in its chest were little, almost like chinks, hmmm so it has chinks in its armor....
    She ran over to where Lex was,

"Lex!"

He turned, "Chloe? What the h*** are you doing here?"

"Lex I think the creature has some kind of armor, our bullets aren't doing anything to it."

He looked at her, "Armor?"

"Yes that's why when it gets hit it sparks and stuff like its hitting-"

"Armor." Lex said cutting her off , he was frowning, thinking.

"D*** if we can't shoot it we're going to have to find some other way to kill it."

"Listen Lex I think we might be able to shoot it, if we can shoot it in the right place, right in the middle of its chest they're are little holes like chinks."

Lex listened intently, "Chinks in its armor..."

He started yelling this information to his men, soon they were all aiming at the same thing, the creature's chest.

It seemed like an eternity, everyone feared they were going to run out of bullets, no one knows who's bullet it was but finally the beast collapsed on the floor, dead.

There was a collective sigh of relief and yet they're was also dread as everyone crept up to where the creature lay, as they walked up to it they could see it twitching, its body writhing, Lex walked up to it and shot it point blank in the chest, the movement stopped,

"Well it looks like he won't be doing any experiments anymore."

Chloe frowned.

"Wait, this was Malcolm Sirus?"

"Yeah apparently he wasn't only working on meteor freaks, he was one of them."

Lex looked at his men, "Burn it, burn the whole warehouse."

"Yes sir."

Lex and Chloe headed out of the warehouse, "I'm glad thats over, now do want to tell me how exactly you got here?"

"Oh yeah that reminds me, I knocked Jake out behind those crates," She pointed. "We might want to go get him."

Seeing her expression, Lex laughed so loud that it echoed down the long alley's

Feedback?

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (20 Mar. 2009)

Chloe is crazy!!! I don't believe she did that.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Great chapter
    Malu

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Wink Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (20 Mar. 2009)

Silly Lex, trying to leave Chloe behind!! Thank goodness she found a way to kill the beast!! Hopefully it stays dead!! What is Chloe going to do now? Lois and Clark are taking too much time making out to pay attention to her, and Lex doesn't believe in love!! I hope Chloe is able to change Lex's mind!! Thanks for the updates!! Please come back soon and update this great story!!

great fic can't wait for the next chapter
    Kirsten

Sorry for the wait
    And thank you ALL for all your kind words and encouragement
    Now here is the next and last installment of my fic........Enjoy!!!!!!

Chapter 11: Happy endings......?

A year later:

Chloe sat outside the bathroom in the Luthor Mansion, inside there were scuffling noises as well as a couple of exasperated groans,

"Lo? You alright in there?"

Another groan.

"Yes.....I'm....fine.....Chloe....its just.....this....dress has....so.....much......fabric!"

"Are you sure you don't need help."

"I'm sure, thanks though."

Chloe smiled to herself, she never thought she would live to see this day, Lois and Clark......getting married? Who woulda thought? Ever since the whole kidnapping ordeal which had been cleared up, apparently Lionel Luthor hadn't had anything to do with it, Dr. X aka Malcolm Sirus aka Freaky Serpent Monster.....Thing had made it look like Lionel was paying for his "research" but in actuality Lionel had been totally in the dark about the whole scheme surprisingly enough. So Dr. X had been killed, Lionel Luthor let off the hook by his son and she'd been able to move back into her apartment, to have her life back to the way it was before.......except there was just one little problem it wasn't the way it was before, she wasn't happy, she hadn't been extremely happy before but better than this, she been denying it but she knew it dod no good, she loved Lex Luthor......there she'd gotten it out........since the day he'd raced to her rescue for the second time, old feelings, feelings she had thought were long dead gone, buried, had resurfaced and then the teenage crush she used to have on him turned into much more.......she had fallen in love with him, she couldn't help it, but Lex didn't return the feelings, he didn't believe in happy endings, he didn't believe in true love, though she couldn't really blame him after seeing his mom and dad's terrible marriage, and being burned so many times how could he believe in it? How could anyone that had gone through so much risk their heart? For whom?

Unexpected the thought came,

You

Chloe mentally shook herself,

Come on Chloe get a hold of yourself, this day is for Clark and Lois, this is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives and D*****! It will be!

Suddenly the door of the bathroom burst open, and Lois half stumbled out, she was very pale and her eyes were red, Chloe stood abrubtly, alarmed by her appearance,

"Lois are you okay?"

Lois collapsed in the chair Chloe had just vacated and burst into tears,

"No! Chloe what am I doing?!"

"Your starting to freak me out.....whats going on, Lois?"

"What was I thinking, agreeing to marry Clark?"

"Well I don't know your exact thoughts but I'm guessing they were along the lines of 'I love Cark'......you do love him, don't you?"

"No....I mean yes I love him but that isn't what I was talking about."

Chloe sighed,

"Look Lois this isn't really the time to be worrying about your honeymoon and wether or not Clark will-"

"Chloe! No! Thats not what this is about, he's Superman."

"Yes." Chloe said slowly, "And.....?"

"AND what if I'm just holding him back?"

"Lois please-"

"I'm serious Chloe, his destiny...its so much bigger than mine."

"Lois seriously that is ridiculous, you are an amazing reporter bound for great things, trust me and, listen to me," Chloe said as Lois started to turn away, "Lo, you and Clark together, you guys are like.....the most ass-kicking Dynamic Duo that I' have EVER heard of."

Lois laughed, "Are you sure?"

"Undoubtedly," Chloe smiled, "No-o-o-w I think your late for your own wedding, and I swear I feel Clark's x-ray burning a hole in my back right now, so we'd better hurry up and fix your makeup, and thankfully Lex has a medicine cabinet the size of Kansas in every bathroom so there should be some eye-drops in there so you won't be a red-eyed bride, you still want to do this right?"

"Yes I do, what would I do without you Chloe?"

"Oh curl up and die, I'm sure of it." She said, grinning.

After they got Lois all cleaned up they walked down the hall and by the back door stood Lex, waiting for them, as well as a very anxious General Sam Lane, who sighed in relief when he saw them.

'Oh thank goodness Lo, I was beginning to think that Clark was going to have a heart attack."

"So.....he's still here?" Lois said, a note of anxiousness in her voice.

"Of course Lo," He laughed "I think he would wait forever for you."

Lois' chin tipped.

"Yeah? Well Smallville better get used to it, we're getting married after all."

Chloe smiled, "There's the Lois we all know and love, I was beginning to think that you'd gone soft."

"Pshhh, well Clark may have a lot of gifts, but changing me isn't one of em'."

"Glad to hear it Lois," Sam said, then his voice broke a little, "Your so beautiful, you look so much like your mother."

Suddenly Lois looked very vulnerable, "I look like momma?" Tears filling her eyes.

"Yes, she would be so proud of you, I am so proud of you, and I know I don't say it enough but I love you."

They hugged, "I love you too daddy."

Lex cleared his throat loudly, "I hate to interrupt but if Clark was close to having a heart attack before...........I really think we'd better get going."

"Lex is right, besides your messing up your makeup Lois."

Lois took a deep breath, and nodded, "Right, okay, I'm ready, lets get this show on the road."

Lex went up to Chloe, "Shall we?" He asked, smiling down at her.

Chloe returned his smile and put her arm in his, "Yeah."

As Best Man and Matron of Honor, they had to walk down the aisle together, something Chloe had been half dreading and looking forward to ever since she'd found out about it.

They walked slowly down the aisle, and Chloe felt the stares of people as they walked by, she realized that she felt very proud walking on Lex Luthor's arm, and was all the sudden very grateful that Clark had chosen Lex for his Best Man instead of Jimmy, it wouldn't have been the same, when Lex and Clark renewed their friendship she had been so happy and they were happy, they were once again best friends it was nice to see, with Kara being one of Lois' bridesmaids and Jimmy being one of Clark's groomsmen actually the only other ones besides Lex and Chloe, it seemed only natural that they walk down together though that isn't why they chose it that way. As they neared the end of the aisle Chloe saw the anxiousness on Clark's face and as Lex led her to where Kara stood she gave Clark a comforting smile, "She's coming." She whispered. He smiled briefly at her but then returned to being anxious, soon the Wedding March began and Lois and her General Lane appeared, they slowly began their descent and Chloe couldn't miss how the anxious look instantly disappeared from his face replaced by a look of overwhelming love and happiness nor could she miss the way Lois' face mirrored it, she ached, longed for that feeling, she wondered if she would ever experience it.

The wedding ceremony wasn't very long, and soon everyone started heading inside for the reception, a large room had been cleared out to make room for dining, dancing and mingling, or whatever people might want to do, so it was in full swing in no time, There was a table reserved for the Wedding Party, including the Bride and Groom, and then also various other tables reserved for family and such, so Lois and Clark, Lex, Chloe, Kara and Jimmy were all at one table, but after dinner, Lois and Clark started making rounds to greet and thank all their guests, and it wasn't long before Kara and Jimmy left to dance, leaving only Lex and Chloe sitting at the table, a slightly awkward silence between them,

"I would never have guessed Lois and Clark together, not to mention married." Lex said, shaking his head in disbelief.

Chloe smiled as she watched Lois and Clark together, "Yeah, well I guess love doesn't let you choose."

"Yeah I guess your right." He said, suddenly he stood. "Would you like to dance?"

Chloe looked up at him, speechless.

"I.....er....um yeah...I-I guess."

He lead her out onto the dance floor and took her in his arms, she fit better in his arms than she had ever felt in anyones, danced in silence for a couple minutes before he spoke,

"What are you thinking?"

She looked up and it was then that she realized how close they were, his face was very near hers his beautiful eyes so deep she could get lost in them,

How gorgeous you are,

She cleared her throat, "I was uh just thinking how happy Lois and Clark look, and how happy I am for them."

He raised an eyebrow, probably suspecting that she wasn't telling the truth, "Hmm I see, yes they do look very much......in love."

"Yes, they do." She said, her eyes trained on Clark and Lois and Lex caught the note of wistfulness in her voice, and as he looked at her he came to a realization,

"You know seeing them, how much in love they are its almost enough to make one believe in......happy endings."

She turned her head and looked at him, frowning, searching his, trying to understand, he lowered his head until they're noses were nearly touching,

"I'm saying I love you Chloe."

She didn't have time to speak before his lips claimed hers, and then......she didn't feel like speaking at all.

The End.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (April 9, 2009)

Aww what a cute ending. To much Lois for my taste though. LOL!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (April 9, 2009)

Great ending
    Malu

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (April 9, 2009)

I am so glad that you gave your story a happy ending!! Lex was scaring me there for a little bit!! I'm so glad that he decided to give Chloe a chance!! Thank you so much for this wonderful story!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information