+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 40 (8/20/12)

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 27 (3/21/10)

Be back ASAP. Pinky Swear.

Members

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 27 (3/21/10)

I don't know how many times I've re-read your fic it's amazing and I can't wait for you to come back with an update!! P.s am also loving your chlollie xxx

An update is coming on this. I've had other WIPS going, but I really haven't forgot this and it should be updated before the end of the month.

This story is amazing; it has so many ups and downs. Every time we think an answer is obvious, something comes up to flip us at a 180 angle.
    Waiting for your next update

So I just spent hours devouring this entire story and adoring it and I'm a little worries to see that this hasn't updated in several months... I hope you won't forget about it!! It's a wonderful fic and I really enjoy the relationship between Chloe and Lex. I can't help but love the way they hate each other!! Please keep the awesome Chlex going!!

-emms14

Super great fic, cannot wait for more!

Love this fic cant wait for next update!

Fantastic! Love both this story and Deep in the Bottle! Just read them both in one setting! Could not stop reading!

Please update soon!!!

Smile Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 27 (3/21/10)

I love this story! Can't wait to find out what happens.

Post Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 27 (3/21/10)

New chapter's nearly done and thought I'd get in some replies first. Things pile up when you don't update a story in FOREVER (a million mea culpas).

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    I know that you said this was a difficult and ‘not-fun’ chapter to write, Ape, but I have to say that none of that shows in the finished writing itself. It’s brilliantly written, and amazing to read through. The reading flows smooth and fascinating and compelling from start to finish. Great job!
    Thanks so much. It really is no fun, though. There is so much in this ep that's hard to make sense of (everyone treating Lionel like a saint being the hardest). I think this season really mangled Lex's final moments and I'm trying to give it more... something. It's not just about squeezing in my naughty affair. It's how WTF some lines and moments were, both for Chloe and Lex and I feel like each bit I write is this slow trudge forward because I have to think it over so much, not ust how to make sense of the moment, but to set up what's coming (and, dear GOD, help me with Sleeper). Working with canon's just a bitch, but it's the path I choose, I guess.

I loved seeing the way that Lex was nit-picking on small, petty, stupid things about his father’s plans. It’s as if Lex is trying to convince himself, through these small, petty ‘mistakes’ that Lionel obviously isn’t worthy to carry on the plan, therefore Lex has no choice but to steal everything from Lionel; his business, his grandiose plans, his very life!

It’s not just the literal truth of Lex taking his father’s life tonight, he’s actually engaging in identity theft, and stealing away his father’s life for himself… all the while telling himself the reasons why he’s more deserving of Lionel Luthor’s life and identity than Lionel himself.
    What can I say? You get me. There's also some level of bitterness that this man, not even "worthy" of that mantle still never deemed Lex "worthy" of the truth. As bad as Lex can be painted, Lionel created him with his cruelty and I still hate how nicely they painted him post Descent.

Excellent try, Lionel. It’s easy to see how and why Lex Luthor was kept dancing on your puppet string for so many long years. It’s actually a shame that Lionel’s time has run out. I’m going to miss the brilliant, magnificent bastard *sob*
    I'll miss him, too. Not Saint Lionel, but the bastard he always will be in my heart.

I remember hearing once how criminals feel frustrated when they happen to get away with the perfect crime because they can’t boast about it to anyone. In fact, that’s how 90% of most criminals end up getting ratted out and caught… because they can’t keep their fool mouths shut even if they happen to walk away from the perfect crime job.

And with Lex, this crime is something so much more personal than a con or a back-theft. It’s the murder of his father, and he HATES the thought that he cannot tell people that he finally escaped his father’s shadow… and rationalize his actions as to why he has absolutely no choice by to kill Lionel Luthor.
    He's pretty messed up right now. Not to give anything away, but he's bound to come down to reality and regret at some point.

I wonder whether he’s going to be paying a visit to Chloe at some point. Partially to gloat about his ‘victory’ over Lionel, and partially to beg Chloe to understand why he had good reason to kill Lionel. It must be driving Lex (more) insane to put up a basic pretense at grieving.
    Not to give anything away, but Offscreenville might have a few things in store for Chlex.

That was brilliant, Ape! I LOVED the hallucination of ‘little-lex’ added on over here. I’m absolutely sure that this must have been your own insert, Ape, because there’s no way that the writers would have thought to have included a little psychological degradation and guilt onto Lex to explain how he turned into a cold-blooded murderer, almost at a light-switch turn. Brilliant! And adding on Clark Kent as an extension of ‘little-lex’… WOW!!!
    I can't take credit. That was in there. But I added in the hallucinations before it to set it up because it seemed kind of sudden, him hallucinating himself just then when he hadn't done it before.

Despite everything, I can still sense the part of Lex that’s yearning to erase the lines between himself and the two people on the other side of that barricade. He yearns for their companionship and understanding, but knows that the time for a reconciliation is long past.

I don’t know how you manage to make me mourn for and feel sorry for Lex at a time like this, Ape, but I do!!
    Aw, thanks. It's because we care about him, unlike the show runners.

I think he still has that yearning to have that understanding, that what he's doing has a good end in his mind. As dark as he's getting, it's still there.

Oh my heavens, Chloe hasn’t guessed what happened?!? I thought it would have been obvious to any half-wit that Lionel Luthor was pushed out of his window by his son. But Chloe hasn’t seen it… or perhaps it’s more accurate to say that she refuses to see it. I think that even Clark has guessed what really happened tonight. The fact that Chloe refuses to see the truth that’s in front of her face is proof on how much she still cares for Lex, despite everything. She STILL hopes for Lex to find his redemption, so she can’t accept that he killed his own father tonight.
    You got it. As much as she wants to push him out of her mind, he's still there and it's harder to have him there, to still care about him when he's a murderer.

That was fantastic! I sensed earlier that a part of Lex was yearning to cross over the line and join Clark and Chloe… or if not cross over the line, then find some way to drag those two over to his side of the line. Find some way to bring them all on the same side, because he was yearning for companionship, understanding, trust, friendship, love and all the other needs that he constantly tells himself are ‘weaknesses’.
    I think he's about to give up on Clark, but Chloe... He might have some tiny hope that what's between them might make her see his side and take another shot. Stay tuned on that.

At first, I was a tiny bit puzzled at the sign of Lex being revolted at Gina’s understanding of his crime. I sensed earlier that he desperately wanted someone to know the truth of Lionel’s ‘fall’, and to understand why he killed his father.
    In my mind, it was the guilt. He wants the understanding, but to get it so unconditionally seems hollow, especially from Gina, who is definitely a little crazy, herself (I kind of miss her).

Chloe’s approval and understanding however… that is something that Lex would easily kill for… perhaps even die for… if he had every assurance of getting it.
    Like I said, stay tuned. Offscreenville is coming.

squeee! Oh I loved, LOVED this! It was awesome! I LOVED the way that Lex desperately wants to f*ck Chloe. And it’s not pure lust driving his impulses and needs… it’s also the need to lose himself in her purity and passion again. To forget the kind of man that he’s become/becoming, and just be privileged as Chloe Sullivan’s lover again.

Erm… or perhaps I’m reading too much into simple lust Can you tell I’m Chlexer? LOL!
    He wants her on more levels than he'll even admit. Poor man.

And you? I was positive you were a completely unbiased multi-shipper with no Chlex leanings at all.

Once again, thank you for your dedication to canon. Always remember that you’re always free to cut away whenever you feel it’s time, but as long as you stick by canon… THANK you for re-shaping it for everyone.
    Hell, it's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    But, God love him, he's still human, and of course his father's death is going to affect him--even if Lex is the one that killed him.
    Too true. He's on a destructive high now, but things will come crashing down at some point.

I do love Chloe, but has she forgotten Lionel tried to kill her and her dad? And that he damn near ruined her journalism career? And who knows how long Gabe was blacklisted from finding a job? It's as if for the SV writers, the pain that Clark feels is the only pain that is ever mentioned again.
    Eh, Chloe's not as much of a whiner. But true. A less revisionist history conversation will happen between Chloe and... someone. *sneaky glance away*

The sad part is I do believe that in some twisted way, Lionel did love his son, but he was just too caught up in trying to always "win."
    True. But it doesn't erase what he did. He may have changed due to Jor-El's influence, but that doesn't make him less abusive and ruthless up until he changed. And he made no real effort to make amends to his son or pay for his crimes, just glommed onto Clark and crowed about repentance. Can you tell I don't like how they wrote Lionel's final season? Heh.

This was just a gorgeous moment. Lex still wants Chloe, knowing she is firmly on Team Kent's side, knowing that she's standing against him in his search for The Traveler, even knowing she was hiding his father's key from him, he still have her in a heartbeat. That is a truly passionate scene
    Oh, hell yeah. If Chloe showed up at his door in a negligee, he'd be all over her. He might chain her to the wall afterward, but he'd tell himself it was for her own good.

And thanks for the love, Lilinny.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    That was so good how you were able to get into Lex's head like that. Everything from the way he chooses project names over how Lionel chooses them, to his issues with the hallucination, to the sexual frustration of being near Chloe and it being a moment where he couldn't have her.
    Thanks. That's one thing about using canon, it makes you really work for more meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    My head keeps shouting 'Run away! Run away before it's too late.' But dammit, I want to keep reading even though it's not going to be pretty. What I do know is that it will be masterly done and take my emotions for a ride so that will be worth all the heartbreak. Okay, I think I'm ready now, bring on the fight to the finish.
    It's getting uglier as we go, but there's a very wee ray of hope.

And thanks, Gecko. Will try to get this new chap up by tomorrow, if not tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by planetcal View Post
    Great update! Can't wait to read more after you finish your other fic! Come back and update soon!
    Other fic was taking FOREVER. So I decided I needed a Chlex break. Coming soon. Very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch View Post
    I don't know how many times I've re-read your fic it's amazing and I can't wait for you to come back with an update!! P.s am also loving your chlollie xxx
    I must have been insane to start another story with so many WIPS, but it was a hell of a lot of fun to write.

Quote Originally Posted by MASCH View Post
    This story is amazing; it has so many ups and downs. Every time we think an answer is obvious, something comes up to flip us at a 180 angle.
    Well, SV created the ups and downs. I'm just trying to make sense of them while sneaking in as much Chlex sex as I can, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by emms14 View Post
    So I just spent hours devouring this entire story and adoring it and I'm a little worries to see that this hasn't updated in several months... I hope you won't forget about it!! It's a wonderful fic and I really enjoy the relationship between Chloe and Lex. I can't help but love the way they hate each other!! Please keep the awesome Chlex going!!
    Thanks and welcome! New update coming in the next 24 hours at least.

And thanks, Swee_T42 and Arcangel. Sorry I've kept everyone waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by carolannw5 View Post
    Fantastic! Love both this story and Deep in the Bottle! Just read them both in one setting! Could not stop reading!
    So glad you're enjoying. DITB was my first Chlex. I loved every minute writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by celticangel View Post
    I love this story! Can't wait to find out what happens.
    Well, if you watched season seven, you know what happen. What I'm giving you is why it all happened the way it did. It's like historical fiction that way.

Update coming soon and bless you all for your patience.
    Last edited by TheAmazingApe; 19th August 2010 at 02:25.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information