+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - Chap 40 (8/20/12)

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - new 5/14/08

Thank you all for your kind support in these dark times. I'm using Chlex to work off some of the anger. Lex is gooood for that.

Still spoiling Persona. This is in the aftermath of Bizzaro!Clark saying he and Lana were leaving.

PART 2

I wasn't gonna say anything until it was official, but after Lana and I tie up a few loose ends, we're leaving Smallville...together.

Leaving Smallville.

Leaving.

"Chloe, I'm totally swamped, here. I was wondering if you're done lunch, if you could... Chloe?"

"Huh?"

Megan was leaning into her, peering at her. "You okay?"

"Fine." She blinked at Megan, then at the basement around her.

"Oh, good," she said breathily. She transferred the stack of papers to her other arm. "Not that I'm not totally grateful you helped before, but I was wondering if you could help me again. Apparently, Luthor has sent down word that he now wants these filed, not alphabetically, but in order of experience, from pro to high school intern material and..."

How did she get here? She hardly remembered the drive back. She must have been on some kind of auto-pilot, her mind too took up with the end of everything that meant anything to her. First, her workplace was invaded by a Luthor and now... Something had changed in Clark. He'd said he was leaving, smiled as if this was nothing but good news. Smiled disinterestedly at her. As if she no longer mattered.

"...and we all know it's total bullsh*t. He's making us all jump through hoops so he has an excuse to fire more of us. I totally know it and I'm totally freaking out."

"I don't matter," she said dully, hardly hearing anything else but the echo of that thought.

"Chloe?" Megan was staring at her again. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She tried to speak, but she couldn't. She managed a weak nod.

Megan took her by the arm, leading her to the break room. "Maybe you need some coffee."

"Yes. Coffee," she whispered.

"And don't worry about me. Got this totally covered. Um... Unless you can get some time to help, in which case I totally don't." She smiled weakly and rushed off.

She turned to the shelves above the counter, waiting for her eyes to focus. She was not going to cry now. She'd managed a long drive without crying and she wouldn't do it now. She'd wait until tonight. When she was alone. She'd obviously have to get used to being alone.

"Bit of a long lunch, don't you think?"

She closed her eyes and breathed deep before turning. "I had a personal errand," she said to Lex Luthor, lounging against the doorway. A man eating a donut at the table quickly dropped the rest and rushed out past him. "I'll obviously be staying late tonight. I figured I should get it out of the way." She tilted her head. "I hope that's not a problem."

"Not at all. But I'd appreciate some notice next time."

So you can follow me? Not a chance. "Duly noted."

He looked past her. "That coffee fresh?"

She turned away and grabbed her mug from the shelf. "Probably sludge compared to the coffee upstairs. I'm sure you'd prefer that coffee. They'd probably serve it to you in a crystal mug."

"I'm sure they would." He was at her side, taking one of the styrofoam cups stacked on the counter. "But I could have that coffee whenever I wanted. I prefer tasting something... different."

"Slumming it? How quaint." She poured her own with shaking hands. She couldn't take his innuendo, not on top of everything.

"I woudn't exactly call it that." He held the styrofoam cup in front of her. "Do you mind?"

She clenched the pot, reluctantly bypassing his hand and pouring into the cup instead. He was baiting her and she wouldn't rise to it. She knew where it led, where it had led them that night.

"Thank you."

She didn't say "You're welcome." He was not welcome. She just concentrated on pouring some powdered creamer in, mixing it quickly. The sooner she could get out of here, the less chance of her doing something stupid. Her hand froze mid-stir as she felt him behind her.

"Have any sugar for me? For the coffee, I mean."

One hand clenched on her mug as the other reached up, grabbing the box of sugar packets. She turned and held it out to him, but he didn't take it. He only moved closer, reaching... past her.

"I'm sorry," he said, close, but not touching her. "I actually wanted the artificial sweetener." His hand came back with the pink box, though he didn't move away. "They say it's just like the real thing." He looked down at his box, then the one still in her hand. He reached to her side and placed it on the counter. "Never mind. I'd rather have what you've..."

She slammed her mug on the counter beside her and moved past him. She was letting him get to her and she couldn't do that, not if she wanted to stay, keep the Planet afloat until she could find a way to get him out. A sexual harrassment suit might be one way, but she knew it would just roll off him with his money and power. Besides that, everything he was doing was not exactly that. Every calculated moment could be taken as completely innocent if she didn't know better. If this was months ago, if she'd never slept with him, her reaction might be mild annoyance instead of this clenching and churning and... crying.

She quickly ducked into the supply room, letting the tears fall just for noe. She moved further in, her breaths coming out in tiny gasps. "Clark..." She pulled the scarf from her pocket and unwrapped it, staring at the shield. She'd only meant to hold it for him until he seemed more himself. Then she'd talked to Lana... to him. Lana was right, in a way. She had been holding on all these years. At the back of her mind, there was always that hope that he would look at her again, see her for what she was. What she'd always been to him. But now... It wasn't just that he was with Lana. It was who he seemed to have become. Maybe she should let go. Maybe she needed to. Maybe for good. She wasn't sure if she wanted to hold on to a Clark who grabbed her, hurt her, told her he was leaving with a smile -- as if it would do anything but destroy her.

She heard the door behind her and quickly stuffed the scarf and shield behind a large box of paper.

"Hiding out, Sullivan?"

Lex again. She quickly swiped one hand under her eyes and grabbed a box of staples. "Just needed these," she said, not turning.

The door closed, but he wasn't gone. She just didn't have that kind of luck today. "Long lunches, extended stays in the supply closet... What's an employer to think?"

"You can think what you want, Luthor." She almost wished he'd fire her now. She could crawl into bed and forget this day, this life. She turned, jumping slightly to find him so close behind her. She wondered what he'd pretend to reach for this time.

"I'm trying to decide," he said, raising an eyebrow.

She clutched her staples and stood her ground. She was done running away. "Decide what?"

"What I want to think. I don't want to think a bright, young girl would just shirk her duties. I just wonder what's behind all the running off. And didn't Clark stop by? Why exactly..."

Her staples dropped to the floor as her hands grasped his lapels, pulling him down, smashing her lips against his. There was only a muffled gasp before he was pushing right back. The metal shelf swayed behind her and she pushed back harder, pushing him toward the glazed door as his tongue tangled with hers. Glazed door. Someone could see. She hardly cared. After a day like this, she wanted to feel something besides agony. But she cared just enough to push him to the wall at the side instead, pressing him against it, tasting him. He tasted like coffee and cigars. Probably from his meeting, rich men smoking cubans and griping about the bottom line.

Rich man. Boss. Even as her mind screamed these words at her, she pushed them away. She needed to feel. But he wasn't doing anything. She couldn't carry this. He had to do it. He had to... She took his hands, moved them to her hips. They moved up instead and she moaned into his mouth, but they passed her breasts. They moved to her shoulders and pushed her away.

"No," she breathed. "Don't... Just please..." She squeezed her eyes shut, but a tear slipped past anyway.

He stared hard at her. "What's wrong with you?"

She opened her eyes, felt the tear tricking down her cheek to her chin. She didn't care anymore. Let him see her cry. Let averyone see it. As long as she could feel something better... She worked her hand between them and cupped the front of his pants. "Does it matter?"

He was hard. Very much so. She'd been concentrating so hard on the idea that he was only torturing her. Only thinking of her own reactions to him all this time, her fear of her own reactions, but now she wondered... Was he this hard every time? Around her? For her?

He closed his eyes and leaned his head back. "Not really," he said through clenched teeth before leaning into her.

He brushed so lightly against her lips, grasping her waist, pulling her to him even as her hand still worked between them. One hand left her waist and she dimly registered the click of a lock. "Yes," she gasped. "Now."

"God," he breathed into her mouth. "Chloe..."

TBC

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - new 5/14/08

Yay!!! We've got a sequel and I love it!! WOOHOO!! Ooh, the UST is flippin' hot, and I don't know how long Chloe will be able to not jump Lex. Goodness, I wanted to jump him. <eg> Ahh, you're def. doing a great job with Clark, too. <g> Can't wait for some more!!

ETA: Just read the second chapter and HOT DAMN!!!!!! *faints* More, please! I beg of thee!!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - updated 5/15/08

Thank you all for your kind support in these dark times. I'm just taking Chlex break to work some of the anger. Lex is gooood for that.
    ROTFL! Lex is always willing to provide… special services to help ladies deal with frustration and tension. He’s very generous in that regard. *disappointed sigh* why is it that he doesn’t get credit for being so sweet and self-sacrificing this way?

I wasn't gonna say anything until it was official, but after Lana and I tie up a few loose ends, we're leaving Smallville...together.

Leaving Smallville.

Leaving.
    I loved, LOVED how this chapter began with Chloe being devastated… not because of all sadistic, focused torture LEX was putting her through, but because of a careless comment that ‘Clark’ made. It really puts things into perspective about WHICH man in Chloe’s life really has too much power over her. A power-hold that needs to be broken away from as soon as possible.

"Oh, good," she said breathily. She transferred the stack of papers to her other arm. "Not that I'm not totally grateful you helped before, but I was wondering if you could help me again. Apparently, Luthor has sent down word that he now wants these filed, not alphabetically, but in order of experience, from pro to high school intern material and..."
    ROTFLMAO! Oh that twisted, petty bastard! He’s having FUN, isn’t he, in randomly making up new ways for the basement workers to suffer? He’s being so OBVIOUS about it as well, as if he doesn’t care how he’s perceived as a petty, arrogant, tyrant as long as he has his fun.

How did she get here? She hardly remembered the drive back. She must have been on some kind of auto-pilot, her mind too took up with the end of everything that meant anything to her. First, her workplace was invaded by a Luthor and now... Something had changed in Clark. He'd said he was leaving, smiled as if this was nothing but good news. Smiled disinterestedly at her. As if she no longer mattered.
    I’m sure Lex’s latest move would have enraged Chloe and probably set her to imagine stomping and gleefully jumping up and down all over Lex’s bald, beautiful head. But as things stand right now… she’s in too much despair and heartbreak to muster up even the slightest semblance of anger for this latest taunt.

Now I’m not angry at Lex… I’m mad as hell at CLARK!!! Granted, I know it was Bizarro who actually said those words to her… but it doesn’t change the fact that CLARK is the one who holds this kind of power over Chloe, and can send her into such horrible depression at merely a word or a careless glance, without even realizing it. The damned farmboy has been keeping her in his backpocket for far too long, and it’s horrible to consider how he can DESTROY her in ways Lex can never even contemplate.

Megan took her by the arm, leading her to the break room. "Maybe you need some coffee."

"Yes. Coffee," she whispered.

"And don't worry about me. Got this totally covered. Um... Unless you can get some time to help, in whic case I totally don't." She smiled weakly and rushed off.
    It was actually quite frightening seeing Chloe running on ‘auto-pilot’ this way. Where is that sense of determination, focus and purpose that we’ve come to love, admire and respect in her? I can see even Megan is freaked out by Chloe’s behaviour… it was very sweet (and even insightful) of her to gently bring Chloe to a course of sustenance and comfort (dear, sweet beloved coffee), and then leave her alone with it to recover.

She turned to the shelves above the counter, waiting for her eyes to focus. She was not going to cry now. She'd managed a long drive without crying and she wouldn't do it now. She'd wait until tonight. When she was alone. She'd obviously have to get used to being alone.
    Poor Chloe. It was anguishing seeing her heart breaking right in front of us. DAMN that Clark for keeping her feelings in stasis like this for him for so damned long. Her dependence on Clark has become an integral part of her. Perhaps this will provide her with a wake-up call that it IS time to let go of a person who ca hurt her so easily, and not notice or really care.

"Bit of a long lunch, don't you think?"

She closed her eyes and breathed deep before turning. "I had a personal errand," she said to Lex Luthor, lounging against the doorway. A man eating a donut at the table quickly dropped the rest and rushed out past him. "I'll obviously be staying late tonight. I figured I should get it out of the way." She tilted her head. "I hope that's not a problem."

"Not at all. But I'd appreciate some notice next time."

So you can follow me? Not a chance. "Duly noted."
    Heh… what a time for Lex to enter on the scene. But perhaps he can provide a distraction and re-awaken the ‘fire’ inside her again? ROTFL! I liked how the two of them were keeping to the civil ‘boss /employee’ script on top, but were actually maintaining a completely different conversation underneath, LOL! I LOVE seeing the two of them communicate solely via double-meanings.

She turned away and grabbed her mug from the shelf. "Probably sludge compared to the coffee upstairs. I'm sure you'd prefer that coffee. They'd probably serve it to you in a crystal mug."

"I'm sure they would." He was at her side, taking one of the styrofoam cups stacked on the counter. "But I could have that coffee whenever I wanted. I prefer tasting something... different."

"Slumming it? How quaint." She poured her own with shaking hands. She couldn't take his innuendo, not on top of everything.
    ROTFL! Even in this despair-ridden state, Chloe can make some pretty sharp, cutting comments. Excellent! She’s holding her own against Lex while he’s circling and making barbed innuendos… I love seeing them both verbally battling each other, and I’m so impressed that Chloe can hold her own even in this devastated state… even though you can tell she’s not going to be able to last too long.

She didn't say "You're welcome." He was not welcome. She just concentrated on pouring some powdered creamer in, mixing it quickly. The sooner she could get out of here, the less chance of her doing something stupid. Her hand froze mid-stir as she felt him behind her.

"Have any sugar for me? For the coffee, I mean.”
    ROTFLMAO! ‘got any sugar for me’?!? I can’t believe Lex was shameless enough to use a line like that. I honestly think if Chloe hadn’t hated him so much, she probably would have burst out laughing at his brazen, outrageous flirting.

"I'm sorry," he said, close, but not touching her. "I actually wanted the artificial sweetener." His hand came back with the pink box, though he didn't move away. "They say it's just like the real thing." He looked down at his box, then the one still in her hand. He reached to her side and placed it on the counter. "Never mind. I'd rather have what you've..."
    LOL! It IS flirting, isn’t it? Flirting with a hostile edge, but still… ROTFLMAO! It still has the same kind of non-serious playfulness that men and women use to blatantly tell each other that they find the other attractive and desirable. I think Chloe is taking Lex a little too seriously, because I get the impression he’s only aiming more to ‘irritate’ her rather than hurt or even seduce her.

She slammed her mug on the counter beside her and moved past him. She was letting him get to her and she couldn't do that, not if she wanted to stay, keep the Planet afloat until she could find a way to get him out. A sexual harrassment suit might be one way, but she knew it would just roll off him with his money and power. Besides that, everything he was doing was not exactly that. Every calculated moment could be taken as completely innocent if she didn't know better. If this was months ago, if she'd never slept with him, her reaction might be mild annoyance instead of this clenching and churning and... crying.
    hmmm, I guess I shouldn’t take Lex’s ‘flirting’ too lightly. Not when it’s placed in proper context like this. He might treating this as a light-hearted, playful game… but that’s only because he’s already established himself at a place of power over her, and he feels he can afford to take it light and easy and play with her. The frustration Lex is piling onto Chloe is adding on to the nasty shock she’s just suffered from her encounter with ‘Clark’.

She quickly ducked into the supply room, letting the tears fall just for noe. She moved further in, her breaths coming out in tiny gasps. "Clark..." She pulled the scarf from her pocket and unwrapped it, staring at the shield. She'd only meant to hold it for him until he seemed more himself. Then she'd talked to Lana... to him. Lana was right, in a way. She had been holding on all these years. At the back of her mind, there was always that hope that he would look at her again, see her for what she was. What she'd always been to him. But now... It wasn't just that he was with Lana. It was who he seemed to have become. Maybe she should let go. Maybe she needed to. Maybe for good. She wasn't sure if she wanted to hold on to a Clark who grabbed her, hurt her, told her he was leaving with a smile -- as if it would do anything but destroy her.
    This part was heartbreaking, but I also HIGHLY approve of Chloe coming to these nasty epiphanies. I think Chloe is FINALLY seeing the imbalance of the power-structure in her ‘friendship’ with Clark. She depends on him far too much for everything (approval, affection, a meaning to her life, EVERYTHING), while he treats her in a careless, entitled kind of way as his personal ‘tool’. She has always placed him at TOP priority in her life, while he has always taken her for granted as his ‘unwavering support, back-up side-kick’.

I think this nasty experience with Bizarro will prove to be an eye-opener for her about how much power she’s given to Clark over her emotions and life, while he’s given her nothing similar in return. I really, REALLY hope she remembers this pain even AFTER she finds out it was ‘not Clark’ who had hurt her like this.

"Hiding out, Sullivan?"

Lex again. She quickly swiped one hand under her eyes and grabbed a box of staples. "Just needed these," she said, not turning.

The door closed, but he wasn't gone. She just didn't have that kind of luck today. "Long lunches, extended stays in the supply closet... What's an employer to think?"
    ROTFL! He’s seriously JUST like a schoolboy chasing some girl he likes, pulling on her pigtails and yelling ‘Look! Look at me! Look at what I can do!’, ROTFL! If he can’t have her approval, then damn it he’s going to get WHATEVER attention and response he CAN extract from her.

"You can think what you want, Luthor." She almost wished he'd fire her now. She could crawl into bed and forget this day, this life. She turned, jumping slightly to find him so close behind her. She wondered what he'd pretend to reach for this time.
    oh dear… she’s so, SO close to the breaking point. I thought Lex chased her in here because he truly couldn’t resist! But I also wonder whether he chased her because he sensed weakness? Heh… probably both?

"What I want to think. I don't want to think a bright, young girl would just shirk her duties. I just wonder what's behind all the running off. And didn't Clark stop by? Why exactly..."

Her staples dropped to the floor as her hands grasped his lapels, pulling him down, smashing her lips against his. There was only a muffled gasp before he was pushing right back. The metal shelf swayed behind her and she pushed back harder, pushing him toward the glazed door as his tongue tangled with hers. Glazed door. Someone could see. She hardly cared. After a day like this, she wanted to feel something besides agony. But she cared just enough to push him to the wall at the side instead, pressing him against it, tasting him. He tasted like coffee and cigars. Probably from his meeting, rich men smoking cubans and griping about the bottom line.
    Oh wow! I loved, LOVED the idea that it was the mention of Clark that finally pushed Chloe over the edge of her depression and despair and onto Lex. First of all, it was a good sign that Chloe was actually doing something (even if it Was unbelievably stupid) to try and get over the pain of the heartbreak that Clark caused her. I’m blaming Clark as WELL as Bizarro because, let’s face it, Bizarro might have dealt out the nasty blow, but CLARK was the one who set up the situation with Chloe’s heart poised and ready to break. This was a sign that she’s doing something to move on… even if it means she’s moving on the worst thing possible for herself.

Heh… and second… I LOVE the idea that Lex was obsessively chasing, pushing and taunting Chloe. His entire being is completely focused on her, and he’s been spending ALL day to get her to NOTICE him and respond to him… But, in the end, it was Chloe’s focus on Clark that drove her to be with Lex again.

Heh.. and I’m sure Lex KNOWS that… he would be galled to know that it was CLARK who got this kind of response from her (with a single, careless comment) while Lex wasn’t able to get this response with ALL his attentions focused on her. In this sense, Lex would know that Clark won again… that Chloe was thinking of the farmboy the whole time she was with him.

Rich man. Boss. Even as her mind screamed these words at her, she pushed them away. She needed to feel. But he wasn't doing anything. She couldn't carry this. He had to do it. He had to... She took his hands, moved them to her hips. They moved up instead and she moaned into his mouth, but they passed her breasts. They moved to her shoulders and pushed her away.

"No," she breathed. "Don't... Just please..." She squeezed her eyes shut, but a tear slipped past anyway.

He stared hard at her. "What's wrong with you?"

She opened her eyes, felt the tear tricking down her cheek to her chin. She didn't care anymore. Let him see her cry. Let everyone see it. As long as she could feel something better... She worked her hand between them and cupped the front of his pants. "Does it matter?"
    Perhaps it was just wishful thinking, but I sensed a note of genuine concern for Chloe as well as pure bewilderment… He’s been waiting for this kind of response ever since he acquired the DP, but he can sense that something is ‘wrong’ here.

hmmm, perhaps also a little bit of resentment that it was the mention of Clark that triggered this response?

He was hard. Very much so. She'd been concentrating so hard on the idea that he was only torturing her. Only thinking of her own reactions to him all this time, her fear of her own reactions, but now she wondered... Was he this hard every time? Around her? For her?
    ROTFLMAO! Well, WELL! Isn’t this an interesting discovery. All this time, Chloe thought Lex was getting a kick out of tormenting her, but now she discovers that HE was also suffering the whole time around HER as well. In fact, it’s possible that he only taunted and tortured her as a way of making her ‘share’ in his suffering, LOL! This will cause a bit of a adjustment in the power-balance between them Awesome!

He closed his eyes and leaned his head back. "Not really," he said through clenched teeth before leaning into her.

He brushed so lightly against her lips, grasping her waist, pulling her to him even as her hand still worked between them. One hand left her waist and she dimly registered the click of a lock. "Yes," she gasped. "Now."

"God," he breathed into her mouth. "Chloe..."
    Oh this was an AMAZING twist, AmazingApe! I LOVED the idea of Chloe shamelessly and unrepentantly using Lex Luthor to satisfy herself. She doesn’t care about how HE feels, what he wants or even what he thinks of her… ALL she wants is to use his body for a little while to make herself feel better, and then she’ll go back to thinking of him as contemptuous scum.

ROTFL! Lex got his wish…. But in a ‘monkey’s paw’ kind of way. He’s succeeded in ‘enticing’ Chloe to have sex with him, but she’s not thinking of him AT ALL during this encounter… and he probably knows it too.

I loved the reveal over here on how Lex told her that ‘it doesn’t matter’ what’s wrong with her. She’s willing to be with him for now, and he’ll take anything and whatever he can get from her. At this moment, HE is HER slave.

Heh… let’s see whether how long that particular mind-set lasts between the two of them. I look forward to the next chapter, AmazingApe… I’m sure it’s going to be awesome. Good luck and best regards.

Re: The Depths We Sink To (NC-17) - Sequel to Deep In The Bottle - updated 5/15/08

I don't know whether to be happy about the Chlex action or mad at Lex for continuing even when he knows Chloe is upset. Great chapter though. Update soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Another excellent chapter.

NS Junior Member

Fantastic..So happy to see a sequel

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I fully support Chloe's plan to have sex with Lex. Whether it's to stop his questioning or because she just wants to forget about Clark and feel something, I'm all in. He is an ass trying to bait her, but that's why I love him. Forget Clark/Bizarro, let Clark stay trapped in the fortress, let Bizarro have Lana, and let Chloe and Lex continue this hate-filled passionate affair.

I second Westwingwolf, I'm on the support CHlex love-hate filled passionate affair.

"I fully support Chloe's plan to have sex with Lex. Whether it's to stop his questioning or because she just wants to forget about Clark and feel something, I'm all in. He is an ass trying to bait her, but that's why I love him. Forget Clark/Bizarro, let Clark stay trapped in the fortress, let Bizarro have Lana, and let Chloe and Lex continue this hate-filled passionate affair."

I like how Chloe had the moment with lex when she realized that maybe she was not the giving up and surrendering and being used , but that the realization at the very least Lex actually desires her very much. What a boost to her shredded ego.

Dagney

Yeah a sequel. I'm so excited. Great start I love the whole office scene b/t Lex/Chloe. Can't wait for more.

Yay! I'm so happy you are writting the sequel! I loved 'Deep in the Bottle' and I look forward to reading the continuing hate/passionate relationship of Chloe and Lex in this story! Already the first two chapters have been incrediable and I can't wait to read more!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information