+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to the Present (PG-13) 4/5/09

Re: Back to the Present (PG-13) 5/12/08

Great concept and start. I hope you update soon so we can know how Chloe and Lex got together.

Love the idea. And Chloe is a workers child. If the Luthors never went to Smallville, then that means that Chloe never went to Smallville, which means that they could have met at one of the Luthor plant functions or picnics. Or something way different from that. Keep us posted!

Your insight into lex's feelings of loss and grief and disappointment when he finally gets "some real answers" in the fortress are powerful. I like this plot. I'm looking foward to more. Dagney

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

WWW! This was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the what if scenario here. Especially the one involving Pete. It was such a hot button issue and source of anger all around with Pete and his friends that Luthor bought his family's factory. Honestly, it was the best aspect of this chapter for me because Pete becomes just another kid who works for the family and ends up resenting. I thought it particularly apt that we have to be careful what we wish for because Pete was probably happier in the reality where Lex bought it.

You're doing an amazing job and I cannot wait to see what happened to the Kents, Lana, and how exactly Lex and Chloe meet.

Kill Lana

Oooooo WWW! what an excellent beginning and a shocking ending to that chapter! can't wait to see how you write this. more soon!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

wow! This was an amazing new story, www. I loved how it started jumping directly into the ‘climactic moment’ where Lex finally Discovers Clark’s True Secret… only to have the satisfaction of his moment fizzle out in such an ANTI-climactic manner. I LOVED seeing Lex’s anguish and frustration as he realized that he’s finally gotten everything he’s been working for the past seven years for… and understand that this knowledge was NOT going to make him happy OR provide him with any kind of meaning and satisfaction to his miserable life. It was heartbreaking to see Lex coming to the sudden realization on what a WASTE of time these past seven years of Clark-obsession has been.

Oooh, but it seems like it wasn’t a complete waste of time, considering that Lex got his hands on some kind of alien tech. In fact, not only did he have it in his possession, but he ALSO seemed to have the knowledge on how to utilize it for his personal benefit. COOL! So it was something that grants wishes, huh? What an amazing bit of technology for Lex to stumble across

Lex had a sobering thought. Nothing could change between them. Clark would always see himself as the savior and Lex was always the one who needed to be saved. Except now Clark believed he needed to be saved from himself. “So that’s it. Power in a human can only bring destruction while the same power in an alien will bring a better life. So much for wanting to give me a chance.”
    This scene summed up PERFECTLY everything that Lex resents about Clark. It’s not only jealousy about Clark being powerful and loved… but it’s also the fact that Clark takes all the power and adoration as his ‘due right’, even though (from Lex’s point of view) he never did ANYTHING to deserve all these wonderful gifts.

Above all things, Lex hates Clark for being arrogant enough to think that all this power and technology is best left in Clark’s hands because he believes himself to be the superior being (morally, physically, intellectually, everything). I can see how that would GALL Lex.

I loved the idea that BOTH of them agreed on this wish. So you’re never quite certain about whether this alternate reality was because of Lex or Clark or BOTH of them. They BOTH are equally to ‘credit and blame’ for whatever shape this brave new world takes on, and neither of them will be able to point fingers at each other. That was brilliant and clever, www! VERY nicely done

Sheeesh! Although I DID note that it seemed like Clark for looking at all the differences that had happened, and was immediately thinking of ways to ‘blame Lex’ for all the weirdness. For heaven’s sake, Clark! You BOTH wished for the same thing!!!! Grow UP!!!

Ooooh, and the ‘new world’ was fascinating. I guess we’re going to be getting more details about the hows and whys of the differences, but it’s very intriguing so far. I can’t wait to find out why is there such a huge, conspicuous and gaping lack of Luthor influence in Smallville. Or where the Kent Farm disappeared to. OR why Clark ‘vanished’ years ago from Smallville.

Hmmmm, offhand, I’d say that it seems like Lionel and Lex Luthor never came to Smallville?

Heeee!!! And Lex is Chloe Sullivan’s fiancé in this world?!??
    That is AWESOME news!!!
    I loved the idea that Lex’s life might have improved in this world while Clark is stuck in a confusing, horrible mess of his wish. Wouldn’t it be ironic that Lex’s life was much, MUCH better because he didn’t have Clark in his life, while Clark’s life turned out terrible without Lex’s help and influence in HIS life?

I really, REALLY hope that Lex also retains his memories of ‘the former world’. After all, HE also made the wish, and he was present with the Kryptonian artefact when both he and Clark voiced their desire to ‘never have met each other’. It makes sense that, if Clark retains his memories, so does Lex.

And it would add on a LOT more drama of Lex came to this world where his life has exponentially improved, and Clark would be trying to turn it back to ‘normal’ again. I can’t imagine the lengths Lex would go through to ensure that Clark DIDN’T screw up this life where Lex actually has Chloe Sullivan in love with him and on her way to becoming Mrs. Sullivan-Luthor.

This was a fantastic start to a VERY interesting premise, www! I love it so far, and I look forward to seeing how it develops in future updates. Good luck!

Julie's Soul Sister

LMAO engaged to Lex.. Poor Clark! He probably thinks he's in hell. No Lana. No Chloe at his side. and worst: His ennmey fianced with Lex!

Nice beggining.

I was wondering... Is it a fanfic of Clark POV or we will get Lex and Chloe POV too? Nevertheless... great start

I'm curious as to how Lex and Chloe met hehe

Excellent start, can't wait to see where it goes from here.

The Masked Phantomess Senior Member Augustine86's Avatar

I LOVE this idea! It's perfect! It's awesome! I LOVE you WWW. Wow, I'm full of love this days. Good fics make me a sappy person...

Stop reading this review and go back to writing more of this amazing story... NOW!!!!

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

Interesting start. I'm curious if Lex will reatin his memories. And I want to know how this world pans out. More soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information