+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Undoing of Lex Luthor (R) Completed 7/11/08

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: The Undoing of Lex Luthor (R) Updated 4/12/08

Excellent chapter. Yeah for Lex...he doesn;t have a clue about Lana. Can't wait to see how this all fits together.

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar

Damn, Lionel is good. Though really that's not surprising. I can't wait to see how Chloe deals with the situation. More soon.

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Wow, this just gets better and better. I love the details you've written in about Lex's AU life, it makes his illness more believable. Also, I'm almost scared of Chloe, but I like it because it shows that she would stop at nothing to save/protect the people she loves. Still, I'm rather feeling sorry for Lex because I'm afraid of what the consequences will be when he finally does remember...not just for him, but also for Chloe. Def. looking forward to more. Great update!

Great chapter. Can't wait to see Lex and Chloe living their 'married' life.
    Love the fact that Lana doesn't exist in his reality, I want to live in his reality too!
    Although like Esther I'm afraid of what will happen when he'll remember, I hope it won't destroy him.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Wow what a great update. Now I understand the title more clearly "The Undoing of Lex Luthor". You are undoing what sins he has done the last three years. Am I right? Chloe is what she accuses Lex of. I find that funny and ironic. She is no better then him it seems. Just like Lex she is justifying why she is doing this and sees it as a means to an end. I love it. But the fall out will be huge once he finds out the truth.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Fishin' for brains Senior Member Avalanche's Avatar
    In the best state in this here Union, which is of course, Texas

Hey, superag! I finally shook off the brain drain and read this. I like how you didn't just rely on the (kinda funny) hippo death. You took it seriously because it could've been humorous, i.e. being chased by a hippo. Anywho, I like how you've set up his amnesia. Can't wait to see where it goes.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

And the twists keep coming!

I understand why Lex created such an elaborate fantasy world: his marriage to Lana was fairly craptastic and he's always wanted to get out from under Lionel's thumb.

And he chose Chloe to be his wife in his fantasy world because he knows she's an awesome woman

I also understand why Clark, Chloe and Lionel want to take advantage of the situation and undo any damage that Lex caused, but I do truly hope that Lex doesn't get anymore hurt then he already is.

This story is truly riveting and I can't wait for more
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

This story is my newest addcition. It's hilarious the life Lex has dreamed up for himself while in a coma. Great chapter and I hope you update soon.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

This was a fantastic new chapter, Superag. It came off with an amazing start with Lex actually pleading with Chloe to not walk out on him. It’s truly remarkable considering what a sucker Lex is for the people that he falls obsessively in love with… He actually believes that he caught Chloe cheating on him, but he’s still begging HER to give HIM another chance? How amazing is that?! I couldn’t help but feel such intense pity for the poor pathetic soul.

It was especially pathetic seeing how Lex was so desperate for Chloe to stay with him, despite how he was sure that she no longer loved him. He was basically begging his cheating wife to give him another chance. So much for the old Luthor pride. Wow!

But despite the pity I felt for Lex, I could also understand where Chloe was coming from. I really couldn’t muster up any hate or anger at the way that she was pulling away from Lex, ready to leave him alone, confused and pitifully bewildered about what was going on.

Let’s face it… the man trapped her away inside a lab, strapped her to a metal table and got a bunch of monstrous scientists to poke, prod and violate her body. and then he had some kind of a metal ship placed in her, so that he could collect her and do it over and over again at his leisure and pleasure. He threatened her at her workplace and she believes that he killed her best friend. Not to mention everything that he did to her and her mother?! Is it truly any wonder that Chloe feels such intense distrust and loathing for this man?

I really appreciated the summation you provided about all the crimes that Lex has committed against Chloe, Superag. It really helped to gain some perspective about the intensity and depth of her loathing for Lex Luthor.

Hmmm, I also can’t help but wonder how much of Chloe’s ‘pulling away’ came from plain old ‘fear’ as well as intense resentment. Chloe has a lot of cause to fear Lex… it’s impossible to predict what he’s planning, and what he’s going to do next to make her (and Clark’s) life a painful misery.

Lex turned away from her and glanced out the window at the man talking to his father. Clark had betrayed him in the worst way. They were the best of friends. He had been Clark’s mentor of sorts for his love life woes all through high school. Lex knew he had been more than the absent husband for many months, but he promised he would change. He had no reason to keep Chloe; she obviously was over them.

“The kiss I walked in on was not friendly,” Lex flatly stated without looking in her direction. Chloe’s mouth dropped as she tried to compose herself.
    woah, WOAH!!! Now THIS was a huge mind-twisting couple of paragraph, Superag… I was almost gaping in disbelief about everything that this part revealed about what Lex dreamed up and believes to be reality. I would have LOVED some more detail on how Lex feels and what he saw ‘exactly’ when he imagined he walked in on Chloe and Clark.

It was VERY interesting that Lex rather blames himself for Chloe going to another man for companionship, comfort and… possibly other things. Does Lex really feel like he’s been neglecting Chloe, and therefore drove her into the arms of another man? If so, why was he neglecting her in his version of reality? What made him decide to change his attitude? What did he do, say and feel when he first came across Chloe and Clark together (in his memories of The Kiss)? Why does he think that he and Chloe have a chance to reconcile even after he believes she was cheating?

I want MORE details, please, PLEASE!!!

“Hard to breath.” Lex took another breath. “Who is Lana? We’re talking about us, and I don’t want you seeing Clark while we are trying to put our marriage back together. He just complicates things. So, if this Lana person makes him happy, but I can’t imagine that he’s in love since four days ago.” Closing his eyes, Lex grinded his teeth in agony of speaking so long that his chest ached again.

“Four days ago?”

“Yeah, when I caught you two and then drove the car into a streetlight on Bonaventure. I was so angry, but,” Lex stopped and coughed as Chloe sat with her hand still in his. “How can you forget? You were in the ambulance.”
    wow! Lex’s version of events are all so intriguing. I really don’t blame Chloe for getting sucked into them and wanting to find out more. Granted, she told herself that she wanted to know all the details so that she can write a nasty, sordid newspaper article later, but I think most of her reason for staying was plain, simple curiousity.

It was VERY interesting that Lex has actually completely shoved Lana’s life right out of head. Was her rejection and death really so traumatizing, that the only way he could deal with it was to forget it completely? That is just sad on so many levels!

It’s ALSO interesting that, even when he made up a Dream-Life for himself, he even imagined THAT to be falling to pieces. His wife pregnant, but on the verge of leaving him. His former best friend making a play for stealing away his pregnant wife, and his father disowning him. What a horrible Dream of a Life Lex has imagined for himself. The poor man… even when he fantasizes and makes up his own reality, he makes it difficult, complicated and awful for himself. Poor, POOR Lex!

Heh, But Chloe would probably say that he’s only giving himself the kind of life that he actually deserves, LOL!

It was really interesting that CLARK was one of the people (besides Lionel) who basically begged and talked Chloe into helping Lex sort out his mind and memories by humouring him for a little while. But I guess Clark is the idealistic, naïve kind of person who would only see that a very confused, bewildered, helpless person is in danger, and needs help to save his mind. He wouldn’t see Chloe’s view that Lex is a dangerous man who represents a nasty threat in a variety of ways…

What if Lex turns psychotic while he’s in this confused state of mind? OR what if he regains his memories during a time he’s alone with Chloe and he hurts her? Or what if he finds out about how everyone has been basically lying to him and he ends up wanting revenge on everyone who saw him in this helpless, vulnerable state?

There are SO many things that could go wrong, but Clark wouldn’t see them, but his eyes are only focused on ‘person in danger, please help!’. CHLOE is the one who can see the bigger picture.

I was actually rather surprised that Chloe agreed to do this without being pressurised or blackmailed into it somehow. But it ‘did’ make a certain amount of sense that Chloe might have hoped that being close to him might make her privy to some of his emerging ‘true memories’? Memories that will help her gather evidence that will eventually shut down his secret labs and projects such as 33.1 and the like?

She waited for half an hour before he finally came around. “You had a seizure.” Briefly waiting, she touched his hand, “It was kind of scary. They told me to stick you with this if it happens again.”
    It was a very surprising scene to see direct physical evidence of Lex’s fragile state. He’s actually in serious danger of DYING, isn’t he? I can see now why and how Chloe would eventually feel obliged and duty-bound to take care of him, because his life will be in her hands. If she stresses him out too much, he might have a seizure and die. Yikes! The pressure is on!

“Dad let me go. Different business perspectives.” Chloe had no words for the twisted life that Lex continued dropping in her lap.

“How are we going to take care of…” Chloe felt weird fishing for information by using the fictitious baby as bait, but Lionel canning Lex and Lex just taking it was something new. Suspecting there was more to the story, she was pretty sure at this point that they didn’t live at the mansion either.

Lionel and Clark better work fast to arrange things for his arrival home. Recording the information mentally, she knew she had to call them soon.

“The baby? We’ll make it – your new job at the Planet is going to help. Did you get to the doctor yesterday for your 12 week appointment?”
    Bloody Hell!!! Lex is poor?!? And he’s depending on Chloe for an income for BOTH of them?!? Oh dear heavens! I can’t imagine that his prickly pride, chivalry and sense of honour is going allow him to let his pregnant wife work double hard to support their entire family? LOL! It’s going to be interesting to see what kind of a job Lex looks for and gets as a means of keeping his family to the standard of living that he would consider ‘acceptable’, LOL!

“In the news today, Luthorcorp announced the dismissal of executive vice president, Lex Luthor. No additional statements were made by the CEO Lionel Luthor. The press is curiously making their own assumptions, including that the two are not seeing eye to eye on the company’s most recent acquisitions and the strain of Lex Luthor’s marriage.”

Wow, he’s good Chloe thought to herself as the news went into the weather report.
    LOL! That WAS rather impressive! But I can’t help but wonder whether Lionel was relishing the fact that he was able to take complete control of the Luthor Empire, and all in the name of helping his son? ROTFL! The old bastard is probably enjoying the idea of having his cake and eating it too, ROTFLMAO!

It’s also slightly creepy imagining how Lionel was spying on Lex the WHOLE time, and how this spying is undoubtedly going to continue… with Chloe’s help and cooperation no less. Lex is going to be set upon all sides by people conspiring against him… Granted, it’s all for his own good, but it’s basically people who are lying to him and running in a pretty circle or trickery and deceit all around him. Poor Lex (and Chloe) have a rough couple of weeks ahead of both of them.

I’m really enjoying the way the fic is turning out. I look forward to upcoming chapters. Good luck and best regards.

Re: The Undoing of Lex Luthor (R) Updated 4/11/08

I'm really starting to like this story. Can't wait to see what happens next with this sham of a marriage and baby. Damn with Lex being unemployed CHloe doesn't even get to go on a shopping spree as the new Mrs.Luthor. Please write more soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information