+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Such Good Times [PG-13] (09/06/08)

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Such Good Times [PG-13] (16/01/08)

I don't understand if they are still friends and all then why are they going through with their stupid divorce. Make them change their minds! Love! I want love!...for them.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was a lovely update, but I almost missed it--please don't forget to change the date in your title

Now, it is obvious that Lex and Chloe love each other, but they seem determined to ignore their feelings. UUGGHHH!!

This part killed me:

Okay, so it wasn’t like a real marriage proposal, he didn’t love her or anything like that, but it was a serious proposition that she needed to get her head around, without turning into the gibbering wreck she was occasionally prone to become, whenever good looking guys asked her serious questions.
    I think it's sweet that Lex makes Chloe nervous

This story is quite wonderful--great work!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Merlot View Post
    This was a lovely update, but I almost missed it--please don't forget to change the date in your title
    Yeah, I totally forgot and then when you reminded me I had brain-freeze and couldn't remember how to do it! Done now

Thanx Kit and www for the feedback so far

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Such Good Times [PG-13] (22/01/08)

This was a fantastic new chapter. I LOVED getting Lex’s point of view in this one, and his thoughts were in the EXACT state that I was hoping they were in too. PERFECT!

“You can’t spare a minute for one last drink with your husband?” he checked, eyes boring into hers in that way that never failed to hypnotise her, and all at once Chloe found herself nodding, agreeing to his suggestion.

Of course she wasn’t so weak that she agreed to everything he ever said, but he had that way of looking at her that just made her insides melt. They argued and fought at times, indeed some of their disagreements were practically worthy of being listed as world wars and yet they were the strangest of perfect matches. Both as stubborn as each other, both as smart and resourceful too. They’d been the best of friends, and now here they stood, having passed through the stages of business partners, husband and wife, and a hundred other relationships that all ended here in this spot, at this moment. It was tangibly painful to part, and yet just as difficult to stay.
    There was something about the way Lex said ‘one last drink with your husband’ that made me melt and weep at the same time. It was so lovely hearing Lex referring to himself as Chloe’s ‘husband’, but it was so sad that these were obviously the final moments when Chloe would have the right to refer to Lex as ‘her husband’. CLING to him, Chloe! Keep your husband! Fight for him!!!

It was lovely hearing a quick summation of the kind of relationship that the two of them had enjoyed during their fake marriage together. It was fantastic to hear that they actually showed each other their ‘real faces’ rather than trying to hide behind civil, polite, courteous masks while trying to maintain ‘good relations’ during a fake relationship. This was a marriage that was only fake in name alone… otherwise, Lex and Chloe gave their real, genuine selves to each other. What a wonderful beginning to a real marriage… of only they both realized it!

Lex knew he was being a fool to himself, encouraging Chloe to stay a moment longer than she needed to, and yet he would freely admit to being a glutton for this particular punishment. He was not one to dwell on ifs and maybes or what might’ve been as a general rule, and yet here in this moment it was all he could think about. Lex knew little of real regret but he felt it now, knew that when Chloe walked out of the mansion tonight his heart would break at the prospect of them never again being so close as they had been these past two years as husband and wife.
    heh. I can see that even Lex appreciated how he and Chloe grew closer to each other in a real, natural and genuine way during their so-called ‘fake marriage’. In fact he has grown to LOVE Chloe during their interaction together, and he’s as heartbroken about this impending breakup as Chloe is, which was absolutely wonderful and thrilling to find out. LOL! Anguish and heartbreak all around for everyone!!! Excellent! ROTFL!

Lex had learnt all of Chloe’s facial expressions, body language, and tones of voice. They were all catalogued in his brain and he had learnt quite well how best to respond to each and every one, or so he thought. Just once in a while she would throw him for a loop, confuse him entirely, and honestly, Lex wouldn’t be at all stunned to realise that this was just one of the many reasons why he loved to have her around, why he was so loathe to let her leave like this. It seemed abrupt and cold, despite the fact it was all a mere business arrangement and one that had been well planned since the day they said ‘I do’.
    squeeee! This was a gorgeous observation from Lex… I LOVED how he observed that he has learned all about Chloe’s habits, gestures and expression so he’s able to usually tell what she’s thinking without her saying anything. It was wonderful hearing about how familiar he’s become with her.

And it was even BETTER hearing about the moments when Chloe manages to surprise him, despite the familiarity he now shares with her. It’s fantastic to hear that, although he’s become used to her, and knowledgeable about her, she STILL manages to surprise him from time to time… And that is one of things that he loves the most about her.

With an unreadable expression of his own, Lex poured whiskey into two glasses and handed one to the woman who had been his wife now for two years, and yet would cease to be that just as soon as it could be arranged.

“To us?” he suggested, holding his own glass out a little for her to accept the toast with a clink.

Chloe did the opposite, pulling her glass in close to her chest and staring down at the golden liquid as it slid around inside its crystal home.

“There is no us, Lex” she said, her tone more flat than cold as her eyes shot up to meet his for just a moment and she downed her drink in one.
    ouch! Well, that must have been a straight sharp shot through the heart for Lex. And I’m sure it wasn’t any fun for Chloe either… Poor confused kids. LOL! Oh the pain, the anguish, the confusion… the FUN!!! ROTFL!

Lex gave chase, feeling awful that he seemed to have offended her. Usually every move he made was so well-planned, so carefully thought out. Snap decisions were for idiots, he was all about thinking ahead to the consequences, ensuring he did nothing that might bring bad results or worse abject failure. Where Chloe was concerned, he had found himself less able to make rational choices. He’d told her things in the past that he never told anyone else, and never would. Now here he was realising he had made the foolish mistake of offering this unique young woman his hand in marriage!
    ROTFL! Oh dear me! Lex is really flustered and humiliated about the sudden, thoughtless, snap-decision and non-considered way he’s just sprung this important question on a very intelligent, charming woman that he deeply respects and admires. I LOVED how he was embarrassed about jumping like this without thinking. LOL, ‘snap decisions are for idiot’, ROTFLMAO! Oh, he’s going to be beating himself up for this for quite a while now. The little Lionel-voice in Lex’s head must be laughing hysterically, LOL!

“Honestly, I surprised myself” Lex admitted, apparently just now noticing how he still had a hold of Chloe, and retracting his hands from her arms immediately, running a hand over his bald head, “Of all the awkward situations I’ve found myself in this might just make the Top Ten” he said, looking strangely nervous compared to his usual confidence that Chloe was so used to.

“Really? You’re lucky” she shook her head, “This doesn’t even make my Awkwardness Top 40” she told him, which was a partial lie, but at least it seemed to put him at a little more ease, “And y’know there may even have been a little logic to your madness for a second there” she admitted, knowing that a union between them would certainly make light work of fixing both their problems - his need for a wife, her need for cash.
    LOL! Chloe’s returning banter was really adorable. I was really glad that Chloe was making an effort to ease away Lex’s embarrassment. She’s really such a sweet, considerate person. I don’t blame her for her knee-jerk reaction where she basically called Lex a foolish, impetuous idiot for asking such a question… but it was interesting how quickly she’s warmed to the idea. LOL, it seems like both Lex and Chloe were very much aware of the attraction between the two of them, even if they were not ready to admit to it in their conscious minds. LOL! Good thing Lex shut his brain off ‘just’ long enough to blurt out this question before his ‘common sense’ kicked in to tell him it’s a ‘stupid idea’, ROTFL! That’s a point for the subconscious!

As soon as she’d said it, Chloe started to regret the words that had escaped her lips. After practically running screaming from this man’s proposal, she was now standing here telling him it maybe wasn’t the worst idea in the world? She was insane! As insane as he was for ever suggesting it, but then, when had sanity ever done her any favours before?
    LOL! and here’s a point for Chloe’s subconscious too, ROTFLMAO!

“Chloe” Lex breathed her name, “I know I kind of sprung the idea on you, and like I said I surprised myself almost as much as I stunned you” he admitted, “but is it really so crazy?” he asked her, knowing it probably was and yet unable to think of a single woman on the planet he could be happier pretending to be married to.

“I... I guess its not completely crazy” Chloe admitted, feeling weird about all this.

Here was her billionaire best friend, whom she’d never once seen outside of the bar where she worked, now suddenly out here in the middle of a park, way past midnight, asking her if she’d do him a favour and be his wife for a while. In exchange she was clearly going to get paid, which on the surface came off a little on the red light side, and yet in a lot of ways it did make some sense.
    Heeee And now it’s actually being discussed as a viable plan… as if it’s NOT completely insane! EXCELLENT! Both of them are willing to set aside common sense and just go with gut-feeling and instinct.

They headed off walking briskly and were soon back outside the club where Lex’s car, complete with driver, still waited. Opening the door for her like the gentleman he was, the billionaire ushered his lady friend into the back of the limousine and then joined her, immediately instructing his driver to take them home. Chloe knew that meant Lex’s much mentioned penthouse apartment and her eyes lit up at the prospect of seeing the place. She wasn’t shallow or hugely material in any way, and yet the idea of sharing in the rich and famous lifestyle that Lex had, even for just a few hours, was a pretty exciting prospect.
    “Oh my God” she gasped as she took in the place, “You could literally fit my entire house in this place, and still have room for an over-sized walk-in closet to spare” she said, as Lex smiled at her enthusiasm and crossed to the drinks cabinet.

“To be honest, it is ridiculously big for one person, but I suppose I’m just used to a lot of space, growing up in a mansion and everything” he explained as he turned to face Chloe, “Drink?” he asked, to which she nodded.
    LOL! Of course there’s nothing like an ostentatious display of wealth and luxury to sweeten the deal of a ‘marriage of convenience’ with a billionaire, ROTFL! Not that sexy, irresistible, hot, handsome Lex Luthor ‘needed’ any sweetening… but, then again, Chloe’s not as easily impressed as most other women, and Lex probably needs all the help he can get to keep Chloe set on this path of considering the lunacy of marriage as a business deal.

She knew she was going to need it if they were seriously going to talk about that question he’d asked her. Okay, so it wasn’t like a real marriage proposal, he didn’t love her or anything like that, but it was a serious proposition that she needed to get her head around, without turning into the gibbering wreck she was occasionally prone to become, whenever good looking guys asked her serious questions.
    ROTFL! That wry note at the end about how Chloe always loses her cool when handsome men ask her serious questions sent me into giggles. I really love her cute, self-depreciating sense of humour, LOL!

Chloe was getting a little annoyed by the high-pitched female giggling that was ringing like a bell through her head, mostly because she knew she was the person guilty of making the awful sound. She really only sounded so girly when she’d been drinking, and even then she could usually hold her own. As it was, she’d wanted to look business-like and clever in front of Lex and so for every scotch he’d poured himself she’d plumped for the same shot. Now here they were at either end of an over-sized leather couch, talking about all kinds of silly things and laughing at most of them too.

It was a little odd for Lex to realise he was actually kind of drunk. He didn’t get light-headed easily and usually took great care not to be out-of-control. As it was, he’d had rather a lot of single malt on a mostly empty stomach, and was currently finding Chloe and her infectious laughter almost as intoxicating as the beverage in his hand.
    ROTFLMAO! THIS is how the two of them have a serious discussion? They get drunk?! ROTFLMAO! It was so cute that they two of them were so nervous that they both ended up unintentionally getting drunk. Chloe has the excuse of not being used to drinking something so potent in considerable quantities, but WHAT can Lex’s excuse be? LOL!

I don’t really care, because the image of both of them drunk during this VERY important, life-changing conversation was priceless and delicious. ROTFL!

“About the thing with the cat and the dynamite? Completely serious” Lex vowed, raising his hand in an appropriate salute as he added, “Scouts Honour”
    ROTFL! I really hope this is an example of Lex’s sense of humour when he’s just relaxed, and he ‘doesn’t’ have to falling down drunk to make cute comments like this.

For a moment the young Luthor lost himself in her perfect eyes as they gazed into his own. He could marry this girl, he could love her and take care of her, they could be perfect for each other, and he might just turn out to be the first in his family to get a real happily ever after. His dreams were soon shattered, and Lex came back to reality with a resounding thump, as he recalled the reasons behind his proposal to Chloe Sullivan, and the nature of their marriage, should they have one.
    This little part was so sweet and lovely… but also sad. I loved how Lex had a small moment where he imagined that Chloe was accepting a REAL marriage proposal, and that the two of them were about to embark on a real partnership where they would both going to spend the rest of their lives getting to know each other. It was so tragic to see his dreams crash down with a thud as he remembered that this marriage and ‘promise of forever companionship’ came with a two year limit. Even at this point he was on his way to falling in love with Chloe. Isn’t that fascinating?!

She only shook her head and waved a hand at him in a vague gesture that meant he was to be quiet til she was done. She muttered a few words as her pencil moved quickly across the page. Lex was quite stunned by the rate at which she could do that, since her speech and co-ordination were considerably impaired. Chloe was definitely a born writer, it seemed.
    I was also as impressed as Lex about how quickly Chloe’s thoughts translated across to the paper, despite her inebriated state. LOL! I loved Lex’s inner-observation about she’s definitely a born writer… he’s ALREADY proud of her skills and talents, and I can tell that he would be the kind of husband who would support Chloe in EVERY aspect of her professional life… even if it IS as a ‘bane of his existence’ reporter, LOL!

“We, the undersigned” Lex read, though it was a challenge since it seemed her penmanship at least was suffering the effects of the alcohol, “agree to get married so that the rich party gets richer and the poor party can afford college and other essentials in the absence of her high-paid bar job” Lex continued to read aloud, amusement filling his features, “We promise to act married in front of everyone, without exceptions, and to remain best friends behind closed doors” he smiled, glancing her way as he finished the last line, “Sounds fair” he agreed, “Though I think we’d be better off with a real agreement drawn up by lawyers”

This was a deliciously hilarious contract, and I am incredibly impressed how Chloe managed to come up with this despite being completely drunk out of her mind. LOL! Or perhaps she’s only drunk enough to get to the strange state of being where there’s perfect clarity and zero inhibitions? Whatever the case, she did a fantastic (albeit hilarious) job on drawing up a marriage contract perfect for their needs, LOL!

With a flick of her pencil she signed her name on one of the somewhat wiggly lines she’d drawn below, then handed both pencil and paper over to Lex. In spite of the fact the document was hardly legally binding and that they were both not of sound mind anyway after so much alcohol, it wouldn’t matter whether Lex signed or not, and yet something in the back of his mind told him this was a bad plan.
    heh, I look forward to finding out as Lex takes the time to fully appreciate HOW bad a plan this really was. It’s going to be SO much fun to see them both suffer over a deal made during a dilly, giggly drunken conversation with each other. LOL!

I look forward to future chapters. Best of luck, and please post soon!

Fantastic, can't wait for more. I'm glad that you are back, I have spent many happy hours reading your wonderful stories.It seems that Chloe and Lex need their heads bashing together!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Aww man they need to stay together. It is obvious they have fallen in love. Why are they resisting this..
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Another great chapter. I luv the friendship b/t Lex and Chloe. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Re: Such Good Times [PG-13] (31/01/08)

A/N : Thanx muchly to all those that left comments, and a special shout out to somethingeasy for that particularly detailed and awesome analysis of the previous chapter - you rock! Now, the reasons for Chloe and Lex breaking up despite there possibly being feelings between them will become clear, just give it time...

Chapter 3

Present Day - 15th December 2007

“I said one drink” Chloe sighed in complaint as Lex reached over to refill the glass she held, though she made no real attempt to stop him.

“We both know there’s no harm in you having two these days” he told her, topping up his own drink too, “Besides which, if not for alcohol we might never have been brave enough to make that deal two years ago” he remarked as she shook her head.

“In retrospect, that might have been a good thing” she said, looking up at him through her lashes, before making light work of her drink, if only because she hoped it would numb the ache in her heart a little more.

“That hurts, Chloe” Lex told her, looking genuinely wounded by her words.

Still his pain was nothing compared to hers as she looked up at him then, tears evidently welling up.

“Tell me about it” she said, as one lone drop slid down her cheek.

She wiped it away before Lex barely noticed it was there, and slamming her glass down on the bar she made for the door once again. This time when he called for her she didn’t stop, she took her bag, she headed on out the door, and she didn’t look back, all the time thinking, ‘Why the hell didn’t I do this in the first place?’

Two Years Earlier - 21st November 2005

Chloe woke up with a slightly spinning head and a bit of a start when she realised this place was neither her dorm room nor her home. The bed was more than comfortable and yet for some reason beneath the unfamiliar silk sheets she found she was still wearing most of her clothes. Blinking hard against the bright sunlight that peeked through the blinds and crossed her face, Chloe fought through the fog that was last night til she remembered the events more clearly.

She lost her job, that was the part she recalled first, then at the park, Lex had asked her to marry him. She shivered at the memory as she replayed some more of the evening in her mind and felt a little better as she remembered coming back to his apartment to talk. Here had been drinking, that she remembered vividly, and even if she hadn’t the fuzziness in her head would have told her so. What she couldn’t recall at all was how she’d wound up here, in this bed, and apparently alone. Given her state of almost-fully dressed, she was pretty sure nothing much had happened between herself and the young Mr Luthor last night. That wasn’t to say something hadn’t occurred, but they definitely hadn’t slept together, not even in the innocent sense it seemed since the sheets lie flat and even on the other side of the bed.

Chloe wasn’t sure whether the feeling of relief or disappointment were bigger at the realisation she had slept here alone and untouched. As good as it was to know Lex had not taken advantage of her, or she thrown herself at him, it was a little off-putting to think she might’ve been shunned. Chloe was bright and attractive and sexy, or so she would like to think. There was no reason she could see why Lex or any man should not want to make love to her.

She laughed lightly when she caught herself, realising she was suggesting, in her own mind at least, that she wanted Lex to want her! That was insane, of course. They were friends, maybe even best friends, but nothing more. This whole marriage idea, should they agree to do it, would be purely a business deal, a favour between friends that both needed a hand. There would be so sex, no love, no real feelings that ought to lead to romance and/or matrimony.

The smell of fresh coffee suddenly hit Chloe’s nose, dragging her, in the best way possible, from her mixed up thoughts, and enticing her to get out the bed to go investigate where the delicious aroma was coming from. Tripping over her own shoes that seemed to have been haphazardly abandoned near the bedroom door, Chloe made her way towards the kitchen where a very odd sight met her eyes.

Having only ever seen her friend at Vivanta, Chloe was used to Lex being dressed quite smartly in a business suit if he had an important meeting, or at least in a button down shirt and pants. Now, here he was, stood barefoot in the spacious kitchen of his penthouse apartment, wearing grey sweat pants and a T-shirt, as he poured freshly brewed coffee into two large cups. It was all terribly domestic given the very businesslike man Chloe knew Lex to be and she couldn’t help the girlish giggle that escaped her lips as she watched him.

“Something amusing you, Miss Sullivan?” Lex said smoothly as he turned to face her, covering his surprise at her presence quite well, at least he hoped so.

“Such formalities, Mr Luthor?” she replied in kind as she walked over to the counter and took the cup of coffee he offered her, “If we’re going to be married, you’re going to have to stop that right away” she joked, before realising perhaps such a thing was in poor taste.

Last night, in their fairly drunken state, it had all been very amusing. Now, in the cold light of day, there was no telling how Lex would react to the words he had spoken, or those he had heard from Chloe. She was only moderately concerned by the fact the evening grew increasingly blurry in her mind, and how she ended up in bed she couldn’t figure at all.

“You know, Chloe, I was serious in what I asked you” Lex told her, apparently finding his coffee unappealing for the moment as he set the cup back down on the counter and faced the blonde, “but I understand if you’re not so sure, now the alcohol has worn off” he smirked as he remembered how amusingly drunk she’d gotten the night before.

She was extra friendly and giggly when inebriated and in his own less than sober state, there had been a few moments when Lex had considered using that to his advantage. In the end he knew he’d wind up regretting such actions.

“It sounds great on paper...” Chloe admitted, not entirely sure now whether she wanted to commit to this marriage thing or not.

“That’s what we said last night” Lex smirked as he picked up a piece of paper from the counter and handed it to her.

Chloe smiled as she realised what it was. The make-shift contract she had written rather badly last night and practically demanded they both sign, in spite of the non-legality of it all. What she’d said then and what she said now was all true enough. It was a good idea in theory. Lex would get the wife he needed to inherit the fortune and everything he deserved, and she would have enough cash to get through college and still live the life to which she’d quickly become accustomed. They were best friends and got along just fine, it was a win-win from every angle as far as Miss Sullivan could see, and yet something stopped her just jumping in with both feet. She didn’t like to wonder too long on what the reason for that might be, for fear of the answers she would come up with.

“What about your father’s demands?” Chloe asked curiously, “I can’t imagine he just said you had to get married? There has to be some kind of duration, maybe certain things about the type of woman. I mean, do I even cover all the bases?” she checked, which only seemed to make Lex more uncomfortable as his eyes shifted away from her own gaze and he picked up his coffee to drink.

“Whomever I marry must remain my wife for a minimum of eighteen months” he explained, “and whilst there were several specifications about the woman in question, Chloe, I’m fairly certain you have all possible desired qualities” he smiled.

A strange shiver ran down Chloe’s spine at that remark. He could’ve said ‘required qualities’ it would have been apt phrasing, and yet he had to go with something with much more feeling than that. It almost felt as though it wasn’t only Lionel’s desires that Lex was talking about, and yet she immediately pushed those thoughts to the back of her head. It was crazy to let her young mind run away with her imagination. This wasn’t a fairytale, and whilst Lex could easily be Prince Charming, she certainly wasn’t the princess type. They were friends, nothing more, and this was a favour, a business deal, end of. The thing that bothered Chloe most was that she had to keep reminding herself of that already, and she hadn’t even formally agreed to the plan yet.

Recovering from her mini-daze, she took a gulp of coffee and looked up at the man she might yet marry. Eighteen months living with Lex, acting as his wife in front of all that they knew and many she didn’t. It could be fun, an adventure if nothing else to live between a mansion and a penthouse apartment. It was practically every girls dream to do this, and she’d be both a fool to walk away from such an opportunity and a bad friend if she left Lex up this matrimonial creek without a paddle.

“I still want to know” she told him then, “What these qualities or specifications or whatever they are that I’m supposed to have?” she said, and Lex knew there was no way he could avoid telling her

It would be wrong to expect her to go into this deal without all the facts, hell, it wasn’t exactly great that he was asking his one true friend to do him such a big and odd favour anyway, but his life had never been straightforward and he couldn’t see it starting to change now.

“Well, the woman must be wholly American, her family must be proved to be citizens of the country for a certain number of generations” he explained, “I think my fathers opinion of other nationalities may have been jaded by certain business deals” he rolled his eyes, knowing that Lionel had developed a particular dislike of English women after the dealings with one Ms Hardwick who had tried to play father and son against each other a few years ago.

“Okay, check in that box” Chloe said with a nod, turning to lean her back against the counter, and holding her coffee cup between two hands as she drank, “What else?”

“She must be of reputable employment or in education or training for such a position” Lex explained, “which I believe would be amply covered by your college courses and ambition for journalistic greatness” he told her with a smirk.

“I guess that ones supposed to stop you picking up the nearest Roxanne, huh?” Chloe joked, though that was probably Lionel’s intention in making the rule and they both knew it, “C’mon, there has to be something trickier for us to get around than that?” she asked, finishing off her coffee and moving to the sink to rinse the cup without thinking.

“There is one other thing you might find... awkward” Lex admitted, fidgeting awkwardly, an odd movement for the young businessman that usually oozed confidence.

Still, Chloe noted, this was not how they usually spent time, standing across from each other in his kitchen, him dressed in casuals and barefoot, as they discussed a possible marriage between them. This had to be the oddest business deal ever between two best friends, that up until now had never seen each other outside of the bar she worked at and he frequented.

“Are you gonna spill it, Luthor, or do I have to tip you over?” Chloe asked as she turned back around from the sink and faced him, bracing herself against the counter just in case he really did shock her as much as he seemed to think he might.

“Chloe, you’d have to go through medical tests” he admitted, “My fathers lawyers will require proof of your health as well as your ability to have children before my marriage to you would make it possible for me to inherit” he explained and Chloe looked thoughtful a moment before she responded.

“Well, I don’t see why that’s a problem” she shook her head, “I mean, yeah, major privacy invasion” she admitted with a light laugh, “but I have nothing to worry about, as far as I know anyway” she shrugged her shoulders, “It’s not like we actually have to spawn any little ones... right?” she checked, suddenly very nervous.

Surely Lex wouldn’t have left out such a detail, and she was sure when she’d asked last night at the bar he’d said a child was not a requirement. Still, Chloe had drunk a fair amount and slept since then. Her brain was not quite as s sharp as it might’ve been after just one cup of Java.

“Chloe, I would never ask you to enter into an agreement that demanded that kind of commitment” Lex promised her, and tried not to smirk at her very evident sigh of relief, “In fact, I completey understand if you don’t want to do this at all...”

“Lex” she cut him off immediately, “Will you please stop trying to talk me out of this” she urged him, “Anybody would think you have a lot of choices here, and honestly, I don’t see it” she shook her head, “It’s either some air-head you can dupe that’s going to drive you nuts the whole time you have to spend together, or a fellow high-brow rich-bitch type who would probably tell the world your business just for kicks the first time you two disagreed over dinner arrangements” she told him.

“Then help me, Obi-wan, you’re my only hope” Lex joked, hands clasped together as if he were begging as Chloe laughed, glad they could find even a little humour in this serious situation.

It reminded her that life with Lex would never be dull or boring, and how much she already enjoyed his company, more than that of any other man she knew. Glancing away a moment, her eyes landed on the fake contract she’d made the night before and their signatures side by side at the bottom. Lex Luthor and Chloe Sullivan.

Mrs Chloe Luthor. It had an odd ring to it in her head and though she knew she might end up regretting this in so many ways, she suddenly faced the man before her and nodded her head.

“Okay” she said, taking a breath, “I think you should call your legal team, Lex, and tell them to get their butts in gear. The future Mrs Luthor wants to meet with them” she smiled.

To Be Continued...

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

An awesome update!

While I do hate that present day Chloe and Lex are both so hurt by the situation, it does do my heart good to see how painful this divorce is for both of them. So it will be that much sweeter when they both realize how much they love each other and get back together

She was extra friendly and giggly when inebriated and in his own less than sober state, there had been a few moments when Lex had considered using that to his advantage. In the end he knew he’d wind up regretting such actions.
    I love seeing evidence of Lex being a gentleman

Can't wait to see what happens next.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Time, it's always time that will tell us why Chloe and Lex do crazy things. Well that sucks for those impatient fans in the audience...I'm not talking about me. I'm perfectly capable of waiting to see what happens. And for my incredible patience, I think I deserve to know why Chloe and Lex are going through with the divorce.

I call BS on the no sex notion of this marriage. I doubt they will go a week without having sex. Okay maybe a month, but I doubt either of them will feel comfortable with the idea of having outside relationships even if the marriage is fake. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Lionel had added conditions like no evidence of cheating and no use of contraceptives.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they handle the beginning of their marriage.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information