+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Years Eve Save (PG-13) - Complete

NS Full Member

New Years Eve Save (PG-13) - Complete

Thanks to Julie for her tireless work of getting this site back up and her undying devotion to all things Chlex. This is dedicated to you, sweetie. Enjoy.

Title: "New Years Eve Save"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Chimmy breakup, New Years Eve Fic, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game up to season 6 (and only the use of Jimmy, nothing else from season 6) and nothing beyond it.

Summary: Chloe gets a New Years Eve save from Lex.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, the situation mentioned from Carrie Underwoods Before He Cheats song, the lyrics to Sway, New Years Eve, New Years Day, and PMS, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: To BAFsFF, BT2, Electricchlex, N.S. Forums, and SPP for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: Thanks to Jay for some of his help in making this shine brighter. And thanks to all of you Chlex lovers out there who keep me writing. And to our fearless leader, Julie, who created this wonderful place to post. Enjoy

"New Years Eve Save" - by PMD

New Years Eve - The Metropolis Arms Ballroom

All the beautiful people are here---the politicians, the wealthy; the famous and the infamous. And here I sit, lowly reporter for the Daily Planet, people watching. How did I get here again?

Oh, right, my date, Jimmy 'Bow Tie' Olson. What a jerk! Okay, why am I with him again? I have the worst taste in men? I've got low self-esteem when it comes to men?

I sigh, looking around the room, trying to find Jimmy.

It started out great---it really did. He picked me up on time---in a limo of all things. There were drinks chilling and he was in a tux, black and not power blue. But after that---well, it went downhill from there.

I hear a tittering of laughter and look over at a group of young ladies---Jimmy's head just above the crowd. Of course, there he is.

I get dressed up in my best---a long flowing gown of green and black---very stylish, very appealing. And he said I looked nice---he said I looked nice and that was it. I don't look nice---I look gorgeous---I look breath-takingly beautiful. Hell, Lex would have taken me to his condo in the sky then this place and ravished me. But my boyfriend says I look nice.

I growl and a couple of people, who are walking by, look worried.

"Sorry---just PMS."

The woman nods and the man moves her away quickly---works every time.

I go back to staring at the soon to be ex boyfriend; he's laughing with the girls and I growl again.

"Can I get you a slab of meat, Sullivan?"

I look up into the blue eyes of Lex Luthor and smirk. "No---just---I don't know. What do you do about a boyfriend with wandering eyes, hands, feet, you name it, he's got it?"

"Leave him?"

"How?"

He sits in the chair beside me. "Just leave him."

"But I don't just want to leave him. I want him to understand that he can't do this to a person---anybody. He can't be so thoughtless or he'll be alone for the rest of his life. I want him to remember this break up as a wake up call."

He sits there, pondering for a moment and then smiles. "Did he come in his own car?"

"No---limo."

"Okay--no baseball bat to the lights---or key scratches on the paint---or slashing tires."

"Gee, you like that song too, Luthor?"

"I've had that song done to me once---and it changed me."

I give him a sympathetic smile. "Which one?"

"The Ferrari."

"Ouch."

"But it was my father's Ferrari," he smirks.

"Oh, then its okay."

"Not when my father saddles a girl I never wanted to date on me, because of it."

"Ouch again."

Silence fills the air after this conversation until I sigh.

"Lex, am I nice person?"

"Yes."

I turn to look directly at him. "No, I mean, I'm a good person, right? I mean, I'm generous to charities---I'm a hard worker---I'm not mean to anybody, unless they deserve it, like your father. And yet, I can't seem to find anybody who will pay attention to me and only me. Like---"

He leans in. "Like?"

"Like I'm the only girl in the room---or in the world for them. Like I'm the sun in the morning and the moon at night---as they are for me."

"Somebody only for you---who appreciates you and loves only you?" he asks me.

"Yes."

"And Jimmy's not it?"

"You see that crowd of girls out there?" I ask, pointing in their direction.

"Yes."

"Jimmy's in the middle of them."

"Not for long."

"What---what are you talking about, Luthor?"

"He's just asked the bleached blonde for a dance."

I watch as what he says comes true and growl.

"Chloe?"

I look at Lex again. "What?"

"Why are you reacting this way?"

"I'm growling at myself for being so stupid to waste time with another guy who obviously doesn't want me."

"Punishing yourself is wasteful too."

As the music starts, I look out at the floor again and sigh, watching him dance with the blonde airhead with the six inch heels. She has to be that for wearing those heels. She's like an inch taller then Jimmy. Then I look back at Lex.

"I guess---but I'm a little easier on myself then somebody else would be."

"You sure?"

"Well, maybe not."

We sit in silence, watching the dancers out on the floor. Finally it ends and then I watch him get up and come to stand in front of me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Miss Sullivan, could I have the pleasure of this dance?"

He offers me his hand and I take it. I stand up and he leads me to the dance floor, a slow dance now being replaced by a semi-fast one---a song called Sway. Oh, dance lessons, don't fail me now.

He places his hands on my body and we start to dance as one, both of us following the beat and listening to the words:

"When marimba rhythms start to play
    Dance with me, make me sway
    Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
    Hold me close, sway me more

Like a flower bending in the breeze
    Bend with me, sway with ease
    When we dance you have a way with me
    Stay with me, sway with me

Other dancers may be on the floor
    Dear, but my eyes will see only you
    Only you have that magic technique
    When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
    Long before it begins
    Make me thrill as only you know how
    Sway me smooth, sway me now

Other dancers may be on the floor
    Dear, but my eyes will see only you
    Only you have that magic technique
    When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
    Long before it begins
    Make me thrill as only you know how
    Sway me smooth, sway me now
    You know how
    Sway me smooth, sway me now"

As the song finishes, Lex dips me and I giggle. I know, I don't giggle often but it just feels right, as I hear laughter and then his face changes to concern.

He gestures over and I look to see Jimmy staring at me, his mouth wide open.

"Chloe?" he finally gets out.

"Gee, he remembers my name at least, Lex."

He pulls me up gently from the dip and I lean against him, getting my bearings.

"Chloe, what are you doing?"

"Having the time of my life---and you?"

"Chloe, this is Lex Luthor."

"Hey, he knows your name too, Lex."

Jimmy just stands there in his stupid bow tie and his angry look. Like he has a right to be angry---I do---or disgusted at least.

"Chloe, you're my girl."

"Oh, since when, Wandering Eyes Boy?"

"Come on, Chloe. You know that's only for contacts."

"What's the blonde doing for you? Wait, let me guess---getting you a story on great jewelry or the best make-up around."

"She's a model."

"Oh, so now you are taking pictures of beautiful women. What am I? Chopped Liver?"

"She's not a model, Olson."

He stares at Lex. "How would you know, Luthor?"

"Because I know for a fact that her sugar daddy is over there and she hasn't worked a day in her short life."

"Jimmy---you lied to me. You know I don't like people who lie to me."

"But, baby---"

"And you know how I hate it when you call me baby too."

"But---"

"Jimmy---we're over."

"We are not over," he states, moving closer to me and grabbing my arm.

"Hey, let go of her!" I hear Lex whisper, fiercely, so that he wouldn't make a scene.

"Make me!" Jimmy states, the same way.

Well, at least they're keeping it down but enough is enough. I am a woman who can take care of herself. Now to defuse the possible explosive situation.

"Oh please, now the proverbial pissing contest, right? You are both going to go outside in the cold and hit each other, right? You really think women want that, don't you? Well, we don't. Jimmy---let go of my arm or I'll turn you into a soprano with my knee."

He let’s go and then gives me that little smile. "Chloe, forgive me?"

"I'll forgive but I won't forget this night. It's the night I got free of you, Jimmy. Now---go away."

"But, I love you."

"But---you have a funny way of showing it. And I deserve better. Jimmy, just go and find somebody else---and don't do to her what you did to me. Good bye."

He looks at me once more and then walks away, not really looking that dejected---from the way he's leaving. Always the one to not look like you've lost, eh, Jimmy.

"I guess him waiting to talk to me for two years should have told me he wasn't the one, right?" I ask Lex, as I put my full attention on the man.

"Well, you never gave up on me and we didn't talk for a year."

"True---but that was two years and even though I had to drag you back into my friendship circle, you always had your full attention on me---not going out and talking to some blonde bimbo."

"You mean brunette bimbo, don't you?" he quips.

I shake my head and sigh.

"Now what?"

"I came with him---how do I get home now?"

He sighs. "I'll make the ultimate sacrifice and take you home, Chloe."

"Wait, don't you have a date at the party?"

"No, I came stag."

"Wow, head line news---Lex doesn't have a date."

He gives me a smirk and I laugh. "Don't worry---it won't be in the Daily Planet. And I'll take you up on your offer---if we can go now."

"Before 12?"

"I don't want to be in the same room with Jimmy, at 12."

"I understand, Chloe. So, shall we leave this boring party behind and head back to my place?"

I laugh, taking his offered arm. "You really do work fast, Luthor. Think that is going to sweep me off my feet and into your bed tonight?"

"I'm shocked, Chloe," he states.

"Riggggght."

He leans in and whispers, "Is it working?"

He backs away and I lean in, "I'm not a pushover---you'll have to do better than that."

There's laughter in the air as we walk out of the ballroom to the New Year and whatever else to come this night.

~

Lex's Limo

In record time we're in the limo and off to his place, instead of mine, he hopes.

I stare ahead at the front seat. The partition goes down and:

"Sir, where would you like me to drive?"

"Chloe?"

I look at him. "Well, I really don't want to be alone tonight---and you do have a guest bedroom."

"Home, James," he states.

"Yes, Sir."

The partition goes up and I look at the clock below it.

"I don't think we'll make it home before 12, Lex."

He moves towards the fridge in the back and brings out a bottle of champagne. I lean in towards the cabinet beside it and bring out two wine glasses.

"Crystal?" I ask.

"Nothing but the best," he answers.

He opens the bottle. "Better duck---this thing is about to be opened."

I put my body between me and the glasses as he pops the cork and it hits the back of the front seat.

"Putting your body between the cork and the glasses---that's a good sign."

"It is?" I ask him, sitting up and handing him one.

"You care about my property---even though, you still try to look into my history."

"I do not---well, not anymore."

"And not any less," he quips, as he hands me the full glass and I hand him the other.

I roll my eyes and watch him pour the champagne and put the bottle on top of the cabinet.

Then he looks at me, his eyes staring into my soul. I stare back at him---daring him to find something there and he just smiles.

"If only I was a writer---I would write about you and how you've changed my life. But I just couldn't---wouldn't---do you justice, Chloe."

I place my glass down and move closer. "Try."

He puts his down and gives me the classic smirk before he sighs.

"I'll try."

He stares ahead for a moment and then looks back at me, taking my hand in his.

"This tiny hand---from such a person that most don't know---I'm honored to know. Chloe, you have been my friend, my enemy, my ally, my opposer, and through it all, my admiration for you has never wavered one moment."

I feel it---he does admire me---whatever side we were on.

"Clark always saw me as a search engine or just a friend. You saw me as more, didn't you?"

"Clark was a teenager---he didn't know what he had in front of him---but I did. And I hoped we would be great friends but it seemed to dim after that summer."

I take my hand away and he sighs. "Just friends I guess. But if that is---"

Before he can say another word, I know what I must do and I am a woman of action.

I lean in and kiss him on the lips, a light breath of a kiss. I back away and he smiles.

"To get the awkwardness out of the way?" he quips.

"Clark told you?"

He nods.

"I guess best friends do tell all."

"Well, he was sorry he spilled."

"Good."

I lean into him and he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"So, where do we go from here?" I ask.

"Wherever you want to go."

The clock changes to 12 and I smile. "Happy New Year, Lex."

He backs away and:

"Happy New Year, Chloe," he says, before he kisses me.

~

January 1st - Luthor Condo - Bedroom Of Lex Luthor

I wake up to him holding me close. But not a strangle hold, like Jimmy used to use. It's like I was his possession and nobody else could have me.

But Lex's hold is like light---enough space so that I can move away if I want to---if I need to. And I like that. He's giving me a chance to run, and I'm not going to.

But I have to leave for the moment---I need the bathroom, badly.

I slip out of his arms and get up, leaning towards the end of the bed to get the dressing gown left for me. For me? Hmmm---wonder how many others used this?

I put it on and then:

"Chloe?"

I look at him---he's wearing a frown.

"I'm going to the bathroom, Luthor. I'm not going anywhere else."

He sits up and fingers the dressing gown. "This is yours and only yours. A Christmas present I got a while ago but never got to give you."

"You read minds now, Luthor?"

He gives me his classic smirk. "You are pretty easy to read."

"So, how did you not know that I liked you a lot---that I---"

His eyes widen and he smiles. "You love me."

"What?"

"You love me," he states again, gesturing I come back into the bed.

"You are so full of yourself, Lex."

"Well, then, I love you too, Chloe."

My eyes widen and then narrow, unsure of his feelings---not because of mistrust but the fact, what could he love about me. I'm ordinary---nothing special. No supermodel, or mogul---nobody great at anything---except seeking truth, like he does. Wow, maybe that's a reason why he does. He does love me.

"You do love me."

"Obviously, or I wouldn't put up with your---insecurities?"

I lean in and hit his arm.

"Or your right hook on the arm. Chloe, you've been working out."

I move in and rub his arm.

"I give great massages too," I whisper to him.

Before he can say a word, there's a knock at the door.

"Yes?" he asks.

"Sir, there's a call for Miss Chloe on her cell."

He sighs. "Who is it? Clark?"

"No a Mister Olson."

"The man doesn't know when to stop," I state.

"Evidently not. So, do you want to talk to him or not?"

"James," she shouts.

"Yes, Miss?"

"Tell him to stick his messages where the sun don't shine and lose my number, permanently. I have a very jealous boyfriend, you know."

I hear a chuckle from his side of the bed and from outside too.

"Very well, Miss. I'll tell him to take a---flying leap off a cliff?"

"Thanks, James. I owe you one."

We hear him walk away and I look at Lex.

"Jealous boyfriend?" he asks.

"Well, I hope so."

"Not to the point of suffocating you, I promise," he says, pulling me in for a kiss.

I back away and lean into him. "Thanks for the New Years Eve save, Lex."

"I'll save you anytime, Chloe. And I know---"

"---I'll do the same. But for now---"

I pull away from the man and give him a smirk. "I need the bathroom and after---want to save some water?"

I jump up without waiting for an answer because I know what it is---hell yes. And it will always be hell yes.

The End.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: New Years Eve Save (PG-13)

Aww what a way to ring in the new year. Hot sex with Lex Luthor.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Very nice. Loved it

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Hat was a very sweet moment in time. Thanks!

Absolutely brilliant!

That was sooo cute!!!

Re: New Years Eve Save (PG-13) - Complete

Thank you for the image of Chloe and Lex dancing to "Sway." Me like

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: New Years Eve Save (PG-13) - Complete

very sweet i love it.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Lmao great fic
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information