+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: In the Absence of a Hero *NC-17* Updated: Feb 28, 2009

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: In the Absence of a Hero *NC-17* Updated: February 3rd 2008

He slipped in next to her and held his arms open before his brain could tell him that maybe that wasn't such a good idea. But it wasn't like anything would happen. He wasn't even really aroused yet. At all, he wasn't aroused at all and wouldn't be, because Chloe was his friend, not a fuck.
    ROTFL! This set the tone for this chapter perfectly. Although, the mood has been building up for a little while now, but this is the chapter where everything finally came to a head. LOL! And I enjoyed the way that Lex insisted to himself over here that ‘nothing’ was going to happen, or even possible, between himself and Chloe because he just ‘didn’t think of her that way’. LOL! Oh, these two clueless fools.

It did however strike me as a little disquieting that BOTH and Lex and Chloe gave a thought to the fact that Chloe was on Clark’s side of the bed. Both of them were basically together, in their own twisted ways, because of Clark. Everything that happened in this chapter just screamed ‘rebound comfort fuck’ to me.

Lex was still chuckling. He couldn't see very well in the darkness, but he didn't need to see her in detail to know which kind of expression was on her face right now. “You're...” Adorable, cute, funny, and quite a few other things that she probably didn't want to hear right now.
    LOL! I also enjoyed the cute banter they shared… not to mention the adorable visual of both of them whamming their heads against each other. They both are so cute when they’re being domestic.

The firm pressure of his lips coupled with the surprising softness of them made her want to moan. But she trapped the noise in her throat. Her hand tentatively came to rest on his shoulder. She had to stop. He had a boyfriend. They were just friends. God, she was damned.
    This first kiss was beautiful, gorgeous and sexy! And it seemed to be ‘mostly’ about Chloe and Lex, without either of them thinking too much about Clark. Not during the kiss itself at least.

No, he had to be projecting. Which wasn't good either. He really shouldn't be having these kinds of thoughts to project in the first place.

Lex closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He had a boyfriend, he was in a relationship with someone. He shouldn't have done this, shouldn't be thinking about doing more. Which he wasn't. Thinking.

Another deep breath. He could work past this. No more inappropriate feelings for the girl who was just being his friend and trying to make things better for him.
    Heh, it was quite amusing to see how their thoughts were mirroring each other… BOTH of them were desperately trying to convince themselves that the gentle, searing kiss meant nothing more than platonic comfort. These two are just so clueless! It’s definitely fun seeing them both bumble their way towards each other, LOL!

Lex's eyes popped open upon the click.

He cursed his Pavlovian conditioning and wondered if he'd ever be able to get rid of it again.
    Heh, was this conditioning from Lex training himself to waking up whenever Clark had to leave their bed for one of his missions? What was the use of this kind of conditioning? Except for providing a chance for Lex to just lie alone and fume.

She could tell by how he held himself that he was fully awake so the thievery was no mistake. She continued on to the bed, slid in and then placed her cool hands on his lower back.

Lex's muscles tensed, but he managed to keep in the indignant sound that was trying to come out of his mouth.
    ROTFL! It was hilarious seeing them both fighting and playing at a fun battle over pillows and bed-sheets. LOL! And Chloe fights dirty too, which makes it all the more interesting, ROTFL!

She knew why he was doing it. Because he thought it was fun to see the faces she made when she was annoyed or angry or concentrating or anything really. After a minute of tug of war, she gave up.
    heh, I like that Lex enjoys riling Chloe up mostly because he LIKES seeing her annoyed or angry… and I also enjoyed how Chloe knew that this was Lex’s primary reason for irritating her like this. They both know each far too well to be ‘only friends’… they’re like an old married couple already.

“Nah,” he finally said as he slung an arm around her middle. “C'mere.”

It took one hearty tug from him to get her flat on the mattress beside him and she thought she could outwrestle him for a pillow. Adorable.
    I loved, LOVED this little part. I ADORED the visual of Lex giving Chloe a firm tug to fly her back into bed against him. And I even liked the arrogant, smug way he was amused about Chloe thinking she could out-wrestle him when she didn’t stand a chance. LOL! I loved the implication that there have been plenty of instances when Lex has let her win at wrestling because she just wrestled TOO hard for him to not let her have victory, LOL!

Chloe had herself under control, she really did, until she felt him nuzzling at her neck. She’d told Lex she was sensitive there, a number of times, was he trying to kill her?

“Lex…” Her voice should have been strong or put off or brisk or ironic or anything other than that weak, whimpery sound that it was.

It was then that she noticed she was clutching at his shoulders. When he looked up at her, his face unveiled, she could see that he was shocked at what he’d heard. And she thought she saw something else.

Not thinking about what she was doing, or thinking about what could happen if she did what she was doing, her hands moved to the sides of his face. She brought his mouth down to hers and kissed him.

At first, just a brush of their lips against each other’s. When he didn’t pull away, she kissed him with more force.
    Squeee! So THIS was how it started. Heh, I’m going to blame it completely on Lex (HE started in with the irresistible nuzzling), although it IS both of their ‘fault’ for being too muzzy-headed to realize the path they were headed towards being so comfortable cuddling and then wrestling together on a huge bed.

“'S okay. Want this. Want you.” Half sentences to assure her this was more than okay, really, between kissing and groping.
    heh, even now, they’re still a little muddled about what’s going on. Their BODIES know what they’re doing, but Chloe and Lex still seem quite confused about why this is happening. But it was reassuring to see that there was no thought to Clark while this was happening. Both Lex and Chloe were completely focused on each other, and there wasn’t even the ghost of a memory of Clark Kent. I guess it ‘might’ not be a rebound fuck after all.

His hips bucked into the touch of her hand and he made some kind of noise that he'd deny until his dying day when her fingers circled his cock for the first time.

The hand in her hair flexed before he moved it down again, clawing at the shirt to get it off her. He wanted to feel her skin against his, touch her without all that cotton in the way. She was rocking against his leg as they kept kissing. The bottom of her panties was slowly growing damp.

Lex managed to somehow get his free hand between them and slip it inside her underwear. His fingers slid through her wet folds and inside. He moved them in counterpoint to her hips as she rode them.
    This was gorgeously written smut. I loved seeing them both explore each other. It’s fascinating to see that there are absolutely no higher brain functions taking place during this exploration. It’s pure Chlexy body instincts driving them forwards… which is good, because if they stopped to think about this, they would stop period.

Finally, she broke away from his mouth and immediately started to gasp for air. Her lower half kept grinding against him while her hand stroked over his cock. Panting, she looked down at Lex…and almost lost it at what she saw.

Lips looking swollen and moist, eyes focused on hers and dilated by arousal. He was flushed and gorgeous and she found herself swooping down for another kiss. She stopped herself…barely.

“Want you inside,” she explained as best she could. She regretfully took her hand away from his cock and leaned up a little before she was able, with Lex’s help, to divest her of her shirt. The panties had to go next. Then they’d work on him.
    It was also great seeing this frantic, intense need that they have for each other. I wonder how they would have explained this need if they had been forced to think or put their desires into words. Heh, I guess the uncomfortable, awkward ‘how did we make such a mistake’ conversation is going to be covered later… I look forward to seeing it. For now, I’ll enjoy them being driven by pure animal instinct.

“Let me,” he said between kisses, “indulge.” He just wanted to take everything he could for as long as he could get it.
    ah HAH! The first hint I’ve got about what kind of need is driving Lex onward. Perhaps Clark’s ‘love ‘em and leave ‘em’ attitude towards his lovers has made them desperate to cling and grasp to any bit of closeness and intimacy they can find? Perhaps that’s what making Chloe and Lex so desperate for each other? I find it hard to believe that Clark doesn’t play a part in their choices and desires right now.

“Kay,” she breathed out. She took her hands away from Lex’s body and let them fall back onto the mattress. She was already moaning and shaking and felt like she’d come just from his touch but whatever Lex wanted, she’d give him.
    hmmm, Lex is desperate to be close to someone, and Chloe wants to be able to give Lex whatever comfort he can find? Underneath the sizzling physical interaction, is there also a give and take of comfort happening?

Lex ducked his head and Chloe arched her body up. Her legs and arms wound around him as his tongue started to tease at one of her nipples. Eyes rolling back in her head and trying not to grind against him, Chloe started to speak. Hoped some of the words made sense. She held his head in place, moaned when he let go of her flesh and then sighed when he took the neglected nipple in his mouth.

“God, Lex, so good.”

Hands now running over his back, nails digging in a little. Trailed a path down his spine and down further below the waist of his boxers. Stopped just above his ass.

Another flutter of his tongue sent Chloe on a cursing fit as her head lolled back and whipped to the side.
    I don’t remember whether I mentioned it… but the smut was AMAZINGLY hot! I loved reading it.

And he didn't want to think of the reason why he didn't have any condoms in the apartment, because that would lead to other thoughts that he didn't want to have right now.
    heh, I just bet it would… Big huge Clark-shaped thoughts, right?

Hmmm, he has no condoms because he doesn’t need to use them with Clark? Or because it’s been so long since he last had sex with Clark? Or did he not bother to replenish his supply since he made the decision to break up with Clark?

Knew that she trusted Lex.

She shook her head. “Don’t need it. I trust you.” Held out her hands like she’d done so many times over the past few months and beckoned him closer. As usual, he came to her.

Lex hovered above her body and she spread her legs wider, making room for him. Then she thought of something else. He didn’t know where she’d been. But she’d been tested two years ago and had been safe ever since. She kissed him softly. “I’m clean. But if you want to wait until I can get another…”
    Heh, this is fiction, so I’m going to shove aside my rant about the importance of protection under any and ALL circumstances, especially between two people who have basically JUST become lovers in a mad, unconsidered rush. Instead I’m just going to go awww at this show of (stupid, blind) trust between both of them… and rub my hands gleefully at the angsty possibility of pregnancy OR disease showing up later. It’ll add drama, LOL!

He pulled out of the kiss once he was sure she wouldn't try to finish her sentence anymore. The trust she placed in him meant more than she could probably imagine. It just added to all the things she did for him as his best friend. “I believe you,” he whispered against her lips. “And I trust you, too.”
    It was lovely seeing how touched Lex was about Chloe showing complete trust to him. It’s always beautiful seeing Lex being completely shocked and emotionally levelled whenever anyone puts complete faith in his word and actions.

His eyes remained on her face as he shifted his hips and slowly pushed inside. The feeling was so different, so much better than he'd remembered. Soft, hot and tight around him. His breathing became heavier as his eyes grew wide.

Her face was priceless, mouth open and eyes fixed on him as he slowly started to move. So incredibly open and close. Right there with him.

Lex closed the distance between them and kissed her with every last bit of the consuming passion she woke in him.
    I really enjoyed this part. I enjoyed seeing how Lex’s passion was being re-awakened by this encounter. The observation he made… about how this ‘feeling was so different and much better than he remembered’… I don’t think he was remarking on the difference between being with a man and a woman. I think he was referring to feeling loved and connected to someone, after suffering from Clark’s neglectful, indifferent and emotionally detached species of ‘lovemaking’.

“Wanna see.” Lex’s voice was gravelly and deep. But not exactly demanding. He was asking for this.

After another few seconds, Chloe moved her body again until her head was resting on the pillow so Lex could watch her face.
    This was beautiful. I liked seeing all this evidence on how Lex seemed aware of Chloe and completely focused on her. There didn’t seem to be any ‘Clark’ between them, no comparison taking place between Clark and Chloe, and very little sign that Lex was using Chloe as a means of getting over his heartbreak over Clark.

I’m a suspicious kind of person, so I’m VERY sure that Lex was partially using Chloe for comfort and solace… but at least he was still seeing her as CHLOE rather than a convenient body.

When she looked up at him, she felt more naked. If that was possible. This was Lex. Not some random guy that didn’t know her insides as well as her outsides. When their eyes locked, she squeezed her internal muscles around him. Something she guessed that the fairer sex had better control over.
    heh. There was surprisingly very little sign that Chloe was comparing herself to Clark during this session. I’m quite pleased that she wasn’t driving herself nuts trying to ‘out-do’ Clark and prove herself to be a better lay than him… but it was cute (and plausible) to imagine her taking some satisfaction about the way that she ‘might’ be a physically superior bed-partner than Clark… because she could control her muscles to massage Lex’s cock better than Clark could, LOL! Priceless!

He couldn't tear his eyes from her face, couldn't get enough of that open, trusting look. Chloe's face was always so full of expression, showing everything. “Thank you,” rasped the words out before he kissed her again.
    ah HAH! So it is solace and comfort that Lex was seeking within Chloe. At least they both seemed fully aware of it, AND Lex seemed sweetly appreciative of Chloe giving herself to him. It seemed all right for him to ‘use’ her like this as long as she allowed it.

It felt like she didn't just look at him, she really saw him, right through to the places no one else wanted to know about. The things he'd done, the reasons why he'd done them, the way they'd changed him, made him who he was.
    This was a gorgeous, beautiful observation from Lex. I loved seeing how he believes that no other person can understand him the way Chloe does. He’s aware that she knows everything there is to know about him, and she loves him… and he loves her for it.

Usually, Chloe was a screamer. In college, those who she lived with always knew when she’d gotten lucky. It had been a big joke between them. She didn’t know why, but she could never keep her mouth shut with all of the frantic gyrating and grinding that went on. Always had been loud, always knew she would be.
    LOL at this ‘quirk’ of Chloe’s. I should have known that Chloe was the kind of person to be vocal about everything… and the more passionate she gets, the louder she gets. ROTFL! It fits in perfectly with her personality.

Lex was being no less passionate with her, if anything, the look on his face was the most intense thing she’d ever experienced when she was with another person, so it didn’t make any sense.

Instead of screaming at the top of her lungs and thrashing about, she’d just held him tighter and his name passed her lips on a drawn out groan. He felt closer to her than any other man she’d been with.

She could feel his weight on top of her, his eyes searching her face, their fingers laced, his come inside of her, smell their combined scent.
    I LOVED this climatic ending. It was intense and mind-blowing! It was definitely a world-shifting experience for the both of them.

And he still didn’t pull away. There was no quick smile and then the eventual feeling of coldness when they left her. Lex stayed put, his other hand now brushing some hair out of her face.

Chloe ran her thumb over his cheekbone and smiled up at him before drawing him down for a lazy kiss.

Lex's hand tangled in her hair, cradling her head as the kiss drew on. His other hand let go of hers to move under her back and hold her to him as he turned them over, settling her securely on top of him.

When the kiss eventually broke he tightened his hold on her and moved just enough to allow her to tuck her head under his chin. His mind was still somewhere not quite in the real world, imagining what it would be like to just stay here. If things were always like this, perfectly peaceful and silent.
    The intense sex was followed by a beautiful afterglow. I loved how there was no awkwardness or regret between the two of them over what happened. They might have gone into this without fully understanding what was happening, but they DO understand everything that took place, and WHY it happened. It was wonderful to see that the sex has not ruined their friendship, or made their bond into something cheap and demeaning.

Lex was the perfect pillow which was very unexpected. He was all angles and not very fleshy. He had a better body than she’d even imagined. It was odd that he was so cushiony. Odd, but very nice.

He held her tightly to him and Chloe didn’t feel suffocated or trapped or like she needed to run. Huh. Guess that sometimes happened when you had some really amazing sex with your best friend.

She ran her fingertips over whatever expanse of skin she could find. Lex placed another gentle kiss on top of her head and Chloe could hear herself practically purring in contentment. They should have done this much earlier.
    Heh, I really enjoyed Chloe’s slow, groggy thoughts over here. She just felt so warm, safe and comfortable with Lex. There was nothing unpleasant in her thoughts… in fact, she seemed quite pleased about how NICE it was to have sex with your best friend, and wondering why they had not done it before… which definitely means she would be more than open to trying this again. I hope they figure out that combining passionate sex with a loving friends relationship means something more than the fuck-buddy relationships she’s gotten used to in recent years.

Heh, and they both fell asleep, feeling peacefully warm and sated against each other. They fell asleep on Lex’s bed, right? Yikes! Now what’s going to happen when Clark flies in to see them both entwined naked around each other? I’m assuming that he will not be THAT oblivious to not be able to guess what happened. Fireworks in the next chapter? I look forward to it

NS Full Member

so will lex ditch clark and go with chloe now? hahaha. post soon please.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

great please continue i can't wait for more. i love chloe and lex together they are soul mates!!!

NS Full Member

A/N: Blue: Here's the afterglow and the afternotsomuchglow.
    A/N: Sabby: Like she said. It's fallout time!

Something tickled his nose and Lex slowly came awake, opening his eyes to find his face full of hair. Blonde hair.

Chloe.

He smiled.

They'd shifted during sleep and he was spooned up behind her, plastered to her back. Lex pulled back and felt the pull of sticky skin as their bodies separated.

Memory came crashing back with a vengeance.

His smile fell.

Shit, what had they done? How could he have done this? Fuck, he was a complete moron.

Lex closed his eyes and pulled back further, sitting up in the bed and rubbing his hands over his face. His fingers still smelled like Chloe and he pulled them away abruptly. He was a fucking bastard.

Five years, five years and thousands of temptations and he hadn't swayed one single time. No matter how pretty the girl or how deep his desperation. He'd never cheated on Clark.

Until now.

Lex jumped from the bed and turned his back to Chloe, cursing himself for his foolishness and weakness. He shouldn't have done this. Least of all with Chloe. She shouldn't have let him get so close. He shouldn't have let himself get so close.

The sex had been amazing.

It had been so wrong.

It was the absence of warmth that woke her up. She shivered a little and then opened her eyes. Blinking, her mind still fuzzy, she sat up. No wonder she was cold, the covers were off and Lex wasn’t there like he usually was.

Lex.

She’d had sex with Lex. Really good sex. Intimate sex.

The sound of harsh breathing hit her ears and she turned her head.

Lex was standing there, his eyes wide. She recognized panic when she saw it. But he needed to calm down. It didn’t happen often but he was still prone to asthma attacks.

Their eyes locked and her stomach dropped.

They’d had sex.

He’d cheated on Clark.

With her. Clark’s former best friend. Now his. Clark’s first sexual experience. Now his last.

“Oh god.” Her voice was barely above a whisper. She didn’t know if he could even hear it.

She hated herself. How could she do this? Was she such a whore that she had to go after her best friend?

Chloe started shaking her head. “Lex, I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have…” She’d taken advantage of the one person who would never hurt her.

“No.” Lex shook his head and tried to get his breathing back under control. “No, we shouldn't have done that.”

It was so wrong. The best thing he'd felt in too long and it had to be the worst mistake of his life. “He'd kill us if he knew.”

Just what he needed. Things were already so fucking wrong between them, so twisted out of shape that nothing could twist them back again and now this. If he thought he'd lost Clark before, now he was sure of it.

Another tragic scene in the drama of the hero. Lex wasn't cut out for this. He could deal with drama, but not in this amount. Not when he already felt like he was pulled apart form two ends because he had to make a decision that would change everything, not just for him, but for someone who had the ability to crush the world in his wrath.

He felt his knees going weak and locked them, forcing himself to remain upright. Now was not the time to fall apart. Look where that had gotten him last time. He had to remain calm and fix this. Somehow.

“He can never know.”

This wasn’t fair. And she was a horrible person. Lex was in pain and freaking out and all she could think about was that it wasn’t fair. It had felt too good to be with Lex. And now she’d never have that again.

Not just what they’d done last night but everything they were. She’d lost him. They wouldn’t get to laugh together or touch one another again. She felt a sharp pain in her chest. Clark had him and didn’t even appreciate him.

“I know,” she murmured. Clark would go ballistic and ask them how they could have done that to him. Forgetting that he was the one who, time after time, abandoned Lex emotionally and physically.

But Lex was wrong. This wasn’t his fault. That rested solely on her shoulders. She’d taken advantage of him when he’d been vulnerable. What sort of person did that?

When she looked up at him he looked more lost than she’d ever seen him.

She quickly wrapped a sheet around herself and cautiously walked over to him, careful to remain at an appropriate distance. “Lex, you didn’t mean it.” She knew that he would never do something to hurt Clark. “It…it just happened. I never should have kissed you. You were lonely and I…”

Chloe looked away from him. She couldn’t believe that she’d done this to him. Seeing Lex in pain was something that she hated. But now, the pain he was feeling was all her fault. She’d put that look on his face.

Lex jerked out of his thoughts and looked at Chloe, realizing for he first time that he wasn't the only one suffering the turmoil of feelings and thoughts that their lapse had resulted in.

“Hey,” he reached out, but stopped short before touching her. “It's not just your fault. Don't turn me into an innocent victim.” His face hardened and he took a step back, straightening up. “I knew what I was doing and if I had made the right choice, we would have stopped.”

But he hadn't made the right choice. He'd gone with the feelings she'd woken in him and completely discarded reality or the fact that he was cheating on his lover of five years without regard for the consequences.

“I need to get dressed.”

He walked over to the closet and pulled out the first pants and shirt that came into his hand. Thankfully it was Saturday. Lex didn't think he would have been able to deal with work today without suffering a minor psychotic breakdown.

They'd fucked up so spectacularly. He'd fucked up beyond repair. And now he would have to lie to Clark. Keep a secret from his lover even though history had proven that secrets and lies were just about enough to completely destroy any relationship between Clark and him.

“Fuck.”

Chloe walked over and sank down on the bed. Lex’s words didn’t make her feel any better. She’d ruined his life. And just because it had felt good to kiss him and be with him. How dumb could she be?

She should have known. Known that it was wrong and it couldn’t end well for either of them.

Her clothes were around here somewhere. She’d get dressed and leave. Her breathing picked up and she could feel tears prickling in her eyes. But she’d suck it up. She wasn’t the one who was in the most pain in this room.

While Lex got dressed, Chloe did the same. Lex was muttering to himself and she thought it was best that they didn’t say anything more to each other.

They both knew the score. Their friendship, as they knew it, was over.

~~
    Things had been going better since he’d been home. Clark was amazed at the change in Lex. He’d expected the questioning to start the moment he’d come back yesterday. But Lex had given him some space.

36 hours later and Lex hadn’t asked once when he was leaving again. Clark sighed happily as he sat reading in bed. It seemed as if Lex had finally seen the light. Realized that Clark had to come and go as his schedule dictated.

He’d been prepared for a big fight. Especially since he’d neglected to ask the rest of the League members about cutting him some slack. He’d meant to but it had just slipped his mind. This week had been about building their community stronger. He’d really bonded with Dick Grayson and they were going to meet up when Clark had some time.

Lex had even spruced the place up for his return. Sort of. He’d bought a new sheet and comforter set. Clark could tell it was of the highest quality. He only hoped that that didn’t mean that Lex wanted sex from him. He was still tired from all of the physical training that they’d done. Sparring with someone else with powers took a lot out of him. Plus, they’d tried to build up his resistance to kryptonite, too.

Though, he thought, he wasn’t opposed to Lex going down on him. His hips moved about a little. Yeah, that wouldn’t be too bad. He just didn’t feel like reciprocating. After Lex was done, that’s when they would discuss the fact that Clark had to leave tomorrow.

Lex stared at himself in the bathroom mirror, taking the few minutes alone to drop the mask he'd been wearing since Clark had returned yesterday afternoon. He was constantly on edge inside, trying to act as normal as possible. Smiling when he felt like grabbing the next best object and hurling it at a wall, taking a glass of water when all he wanted was to see how fast he could down a bottle of Jack.

Chloe had left last Saturday without another word. She hadn't called since then. Lex hadn't called her either. Maybe it was better this way. To keep their distance, let things calm down. Maybe somewhere down the line he would be able to look in her face again without seeing what they'd done.

Clark, bless his alien nature, was as oblivious as ever.

He hadn't even asked about Chloe yet. Hadn't noticed that anything was out of place. Hadn't commented on the new sheets except with a thank you and a peck to Lex's cheek.

It made his stomach churn to think that Clark could still be so naïve. Or was it egotism that made Clark believe everything was right between them, just because Lex had stopped asking questions of his own?

He'd dropped the subject of Clark's permanent absence without further discussion. There was nothing more to say on the subject, really.

Resentment battled with guilt and Lex rinsed his mouth, thought about spitting at the mirror. He knew Clark was waiting for him. Was prepared to do whatever it took. Hoped to hell Clark didn't expect anything of him. Didn't think he'd be able to pull this off without doing permanent damage to his own psyche.

He spit into the sink, let the water clear everything away, wiped the edges with a towel and turned towards the bedroom. Opened the bathroom door. Switched out the light and pasted on a smile.

“Hey, ready to turn in?”

Clark nodded and turned off the light on his side of the bed. Now that he’d decided he really did want some attention, he was anxious for it. The relaxation he usually felt afterwards would help in telling Lex that he was leaving the next day.

Lex slid into the bed next to him and gave him a small kiss before turning over. Oh. Well, Lex had obviously misread the situation.

He moved over a little and pressed his hips against Lex’s ass. He was wearing his flannel pj bottoms but Lex would instantly know that Clark wanted some one on one time.

Lex fought an unexpected fit of nausea as he felt Clark's hard on pressing into the crack of his ass. He closed his eyes and swallowed hard. Of course he could pretend to be tired now and beg off completely. He could take the woman's way out and fake a headache.

But the fact of the matter was that he'd be adding just another lie to the one he was already keeping. And if he started acting 'off' now, as in not putting out, Clark might just start getting suspicious after all. They would start the whole song and dance over and if Lex was pushed too far, he'd use his mistake to lash out and hurt Clark.

With another deep breath, Lex turned around to face Clark with the same false smile that he kept on his face since Clark had come back.

“Someone feeling amorous?” he asked in a sultry voice and placed his hand on Clark's chest.

Involuntarily, his fingers flexed over the hard muscle, comparing the sensation to the feel of soft, giving flesh.

He almost jerked his hand back, but then reminded himself that it would be the completely wrong move in this situation. Instead, he forced himself to continue the caress and lean closer to Clark.

“Yeah,” Clark breathed out. He took Lex’s hand and moved it further down his body. He leaned over and gave Lex a quick kiss as he slid his pants down. He was already hard and ready.
    Lex reached out and gripped his cock. “Yeah, just like that baby.” Clark started to pump his hips. “Baby, suck me good and hard. Want your mouth on me.”

He could feel Lex using his precome to lube up his dick. “Oh!” He didn’t think he was going to make it to the main event. He was too tense.

Clark reached out blindly for Lex’s shoulders and started to pump into Lex’s fist. It only took a few thrusts before he was coming, his neck arching back. Once he came down a little, he opened his eyes. “Sorry I couldn’t last.”

“It's alright,” Lex said, overwhelmed by the sense of relief that flooded him.

He managed to press a kiss to Clark's cheekbone, rough stubble scraping his dry lips, before he turned around and grabbed a few tissues from the nightstand to wipe off his hand. It was habit that made him grab for a couple more and clean up the mess on Clark's stomach.

Clark fell onto his back like a big content cat and stretched lazily, unconcerned with the world at large. Lex thanked his lucky stars for small mercies. “Tired?” He injected as much sympathy into the question as possible as he settled on his side, hoping to get a positive answer.

He nodded as he fluffed up his pillow. This was nice. Just being with Lex without the other man being angry and demanding. “We trained and plotted.” He looked over at Lex. “We have a lot to do.”

“Which is why I have to leave again tomorrow.” He waited for the meltdown. Being with Lex could be exhausting sometimes. But he loved the man. Well, at least he thought he did. He felt as strongly about Lex as he had about anyone yet in his life.

Lex's stomach turned to ice at the words. He couldn't help it, for a moment his guilt at what he had done was drowned out completely by the cold feeling of disappointment that settled inside him. It didn't matter what he did, didn't make one lick of difference how he acted or what he said. Clark would always be just in for a bit of petting and stroking before he ran off again. Lex would never be anywhere near top priority in Clark's life.

Lex swallowed and the chill in his stomach seemed to solidify into a block of ice. “How long this time?” His voice was smooth, devoid of any feelings.

“At least two weeks,” Clark answered with a shrug, “I know you hate it, but you have to under...”

“It's okay.” Lex cut him off before the discussion could start. “Don't worry about it. I get it now.”

Clark seemed surprised and his look was completely dumbfounded for a moment before he broke out in a blinding smile. “Thank God, great! So you're not angry anymore?”

Lex shook his head and accepted the happy puppy kiss from Clark before the other man turned around and settled down to sleep.

The room had turned cold. Lex for his part was freezing. And it wasn't just the ice in his stomach. His entire body felt like he was stuck in a freezer.

Without a word, Lex got up and went to the heater. He was surprised to find it set to comfortable 75 degrees.

Had to be broken.

He cranked it up to 85 degrees and went back to bed, staying on the edge of his side to wait for the sunrise once again.

~~
    Chloe finished up the stencils and looked around the room. Her handiwork had paid off. The Monday after the thing with Lex she’d come in, depressed, and waited for the kids to show up. As she’d looked around the room, she started making a vague list of things she could do to make it more interactive for them.

The list had become a real thing and now the room looked totally different than it had just five days ago. Yes, she’d had to stay until 8 o’clock every night but it wasn’t as if she had anyone waiting at home for her. Ben, Jerry, Haagen, Daz and Breyer’s didn’t count.

She’d bordered the classroom with every student’s name. Then, she’d researched the language of origin and meaning of the name and written it below it. They’d had a lesson on Greek, Latin, French, Spanish and German. The board had loved it and so had the parents.

She’d started a chart for their height and done a little with the metric system. Where Ribbets sat now looked more like his home environment. She and the kids had worked on arts and crafts and made it look like a little swamp.

More and more ideas had come to her so she had things to do with, and teach, the kids until the end of the term.

Chloe knew that she was doing this so she wouldn’t have to go home. Sighing, she started to clean up. Last Friday, everything had been fine. Then she’d gone and fucked everything up.

Lois was worried about her. She sensed something was wrong. Even from three states away. But Chloe told her that her malaise would pass and if it didn’t they could talk about it when she came to visit in a few weeks. Thankfully, that had shut her cousin up.

Her friends wanted to know why she didn’t meet up with them. Chloe had no inclination to go out and hook up with random people.

She was done here for the night. She picked up her bag and coat and went home to her empty place.

~~
    Television didn’t really appeal to her at the moment. Now that she’d gotten more into stimulating the kids’ brains she did a lot more reading. About child development in general and then specific articles and books on teaching styles.

Her apartment was really quiet, both units next to her were vacant at the moment so there was no background noise ever, which was why she almost had a heart attack when she heard the pounding at the door. It was followed by the door shaking as something fell or was thrown against it.

Chloe walked over to the door and looked through the peep hole.

It took her a moment to realize what she saw. It was the top of Lex’s head.

“Lex?” She carefully opened the door and thankfully, he didn’t fall headfirst into her apartment.

He looked like total hell.

His suit was rumpled, there were dark circles under his eyes and he reeked of alcohol.

This couldn’t be good. “Lex, are you ok? What happened?” Her body had reacted before her mind could catch up. She saw Lex, clearly in trouble, so she’d taken his hand and led him to the couch before she realized she’d even moved.

“Nothing,” he slurred the word, then realized she'd probably need more explanation. “Absolutely positively fucking nothing, all 42 hours he was there.” He smacked his lips together and let his head loll onto the backrest of the couch. “Except a one off,” he made the appropriate hand motion. “Went off like a bottle rocket.” He expelled a cracked laugh and smacked his lips again. “Got anymore Jack? Mine's empty. Both of 'em.”

It only took a few words from Lex to have her seething again. So, Clark had come, literally too, and gone already. And this was how Lex reacted. She sighed, she wished that the man dealt with it in some other way.

“No, Lex,” she said, sternly, “I don’t have anymore booze for you to drown your sorrows in.” She leaned closer and could see that there was a huge stain on his jacket. He’d probably spilled a good portion of the second bottle on himself.

A thought occurred to her. She carefully patted down all of his pockets and was grateful when she found only his house keys on him. If Lex had driven over here, well, she didn’t want to think about what could have happened.

“I’ll get you some aspirin and water.” Then she’d send him on his way.

She got up off the couch and squeaked when Lex immediately pulled her back down.

He buried his face in her neck and sniffed deeply, the nutty scent this time, made him grin like a fool. “No aspirin, don't have a headache, just drunk.”

His arms settled comfortable around her midsection and he waited for the warmth to come and soak into him. The alcohol had really just made his belly burn, not done any good for the rest of his body. “I w's so cold,” he slurred, “thought I'd hyper...hypo...thermi,” no that wasn't a verb, “freeze to death.”

Lex closed his eyes, but the room started spinning so he opened them again. Breathed slow and steady, nutty and flowery, in and out. Until the room finally found the break.

Maybe that second bottle had been a little too much? But he was pretty sure he'd puked most of the first one out after he was done with it. “Went without saying goodbye.” That had been the reason for the first bottle, and the chill. The chill was bad and the heater really broken cause “85's s'posed to be warm but was freezing.”

Might have left the fire on in the fireplace, burned a few pictures, newspaper articles, books maybe. Couldn't remember, too drunk. “Don't care.”

It wouldn't get warm though, never got warm anymore unless he was with Chloe. So Chloe it had to be. Had to be... “Had to be you.” Sniffed deeply. “Missed you.”

She wasn’t equipped to deal with this. Not after last week. She needed more time for things to get back to normal. Needed to not feel hot everywhere that Lex was touching. Her heart tripping after he’d said his last words.

Needed to not want to lean into his body and feel a pull between her legs when his hot breath ghosted over her skin.

Chloe mentally slapped herself. Lex was in pain and drunk. She had to control her involuntary reactions.

She was his best friend and had to be that now. Not that person she’d been last week.

“I missed you too, Lex,” she said, honestly. He pulled her closer and she felt his nose brush against a sensitive spot. “I’m sorry about Clark.” Whatever he was doing must be top secret being that he hadn’t been on the news this week.

“You may not have a headache now,” she said as she tried to pry herself a little out of Lex’s arms, “but you will tomorrow. It’ll help, trust me.”

She turned her head to the side and looked at him. “Let me help you, ok?”

The distance would help. Maybe Lex would even pass out.

“You are helping,” he insisted as he tightened his hold. “Making me warm.”

He'd missed this so much, even with the guilt and the resentment and the acting he'd had to do. “Why didn't you call?” He hadn't called either, but that didn't matter cause looking back, she really should have called.

“Needed you,” he murmured.

Clark was such an asshole, too. Hadn't even noticed that she wasn't there. Hadn't asked or nothing. “Didn't even realize, just acted all happy and satisfied that I wasn't saying anything anymore.” Had just taken it for granted that Lex accepted his shitty attitude and his never being there and his...no his, Lex's compliance with the no sex, which had been a major bad before last night. “Felt sick touching him. First time that happened.”

Sniffed against Chloe's neck again and buried his nose in her hair. “Don't care if he never touches me again.”

Chloe was at a complete loss. How was she supposed to help him? She didn’t even know what would be best for him at this point in time.

She’d been scared to call. Truly terrified at what Lex would say. With some time to think, he might have come up with the truth. That it was an unforgivable transgression on her part.

Instead, he was here, telling her that he needed her. And it sounded like he thought he needed her as much as she actually needed him.

During the past week she’d come to realize just how big a part of her life Lex was. Their random conversations lifted an otherwise dull day. And she never had to pretend to be someone else when she was with him. She could say every random thing she thought and he wouldn’t look at her as if she’d lost her mind. She could say terrible things and he wouldn’t judge her.

But this wasn’t about she and Lex. It was about him and Clark.

The fact that he’d felt sick touching Clark wasn’t a good sign.

“You’re drunk now. You don’t really mean that.” He loved Clark. They were just going through a bad patch. A horrible patch that had lasted months, true, but…he loved Clark. Unable not to touch him, it was part of the way they were with one another, she placed a hand on his knee.

“Lex.” He was still sniffing at her neck and she needed him to pay attention. “Lex.” He dragged his face up to meet her eyes. “We’ll figure it out, ok?” She didn’t know how but she meant it. There was some solution.

Even if she had to drag Clark to therapy with Lex using a kryptonite collar, she’d do it. Anything to see Lex happy again.

Lex snorted and brought one heavy hand up to ruffle her hair. She was so nice, trying to be helpful and figure stuff out for him, to make it better. “But sweet thing, I do mean it.”

He cradled her cheek and smiled sadly. “Wasn't drunk when I touched him, wasn't drunk when I got sick.”

Only later, but that had been hours and a bottle of whiskey later and didn't count. “Nothing to figure out there,” he drawled slowly, “nothing either one of us can do. 's just the way it is.” He shrugged and patted her cheek, carefully, before he dropped his hand.

A deep sigh rolled through him and he looked at the ceiling. “Clark's an insensitive hero asshole and there's nothing we can do about that. I'll always play last fiddle in his orchestra.” His head rolled to look at her. “Not like with you.”

His eyes pinned her, making it almost impossible for her to move. Lex was usually honest with her. She’d found it surprising at first and now took it for granted. But there was regular honest and then there was drunk honest.

Lex had finally come to grasp the way things were. It had taken him two bottle of Jack Daniels, Clark coming home and then wandering off and her fucking him. But he now saw his relationship for what it was.

It killed her.

She wanted to tell him that things could change but she wouldn’t lie to him.

He was right about her, too. Whenever they were together, he was her top priority. Even when he wasn’t around, too.

“How…” There was nothing to help so she wasn’t going to ask the useless question. “What can I do, Lex? Tell me what you need.”

A place to stay, she’d give him that. If he wanted her to tell Clark off she’d do that, too. Anything to buck him up and get back her old Lex.

Lex didn't have to think about it. Thinking was always what got him into the worst places.

“You.”

And really, that was all there was to it. First thought on his mind when things went wrong, very first person on his mind when things were good. Mostly because she was already there then.

He didn't even need to close his eyes to see the images that popped into his brain. A week ago, them together, in bed, best sex ever, and after, that place outside reality that he wished was real.

“Always you.”

Lex’s voice had dropped and his body was already relaxing. Chloe found herself doing the same as well. He’d probably fall asleep soon and then they could discuss things with clearer heads in the morning.

He’d spoken to her softly and she didn’t doubt that Lex meant what he said. He was right. He did need her. They needed each other to mire through the shit and annoyance that everyday life could be sometimes.

“You have me, Lex,” she assured him. “I won’t go away again.” She should have known that. Should have thought about what not contacting him would do to his already delicate psyche at this point in time.

Lex nodded and pulled her closer to his body, tucking her under his chin. “Good.” He petted her hair absently and breathed deeply. He was already feeling more comfortable, warming up with her body pressed against him.

“Want you,” he murmured against the top of her head, “wasn't a mistake, was damn fucking amazing.”

Clark was never there. He didn't really care. Love-shmove. He could get his jollies from saving the world from now on. Lex needed more. Needed the connection he'd felt that morning with Chloe.

Lex was drunk and falling asleep and might not remember what he said in the morning. Chloe tried to be logical about the whole thing. He wanted her. But what did that mean? Sighing, she knew that she wouldn’t get that answer tonight. Nor should she. Lex was in no condition to make life altering changes.

But tell that to her body that was reacting already to his words. Not in the way she expected. Instead of the arousal she’d expected to feel it was something else far more dangerous.

At least he thought it wasn’t a mistake. She wouldn’t lose him as a friend. Chloe ran her hand up and down his chest a few times. Sleeping out here wasn’t an option.

She managed to rouse him just enough to get him into the bedroom. She stripped him down to his boxers and flopped into the bed next to him, mentally exhausted.

Predictably, Lex reached out for her and she went without comment. She worried that her mind wouldn’t shut off and she’d be up all night. However, she was asleep in a few minutes.

NS Full Member

Talking Re: In the Absence of a Hero *NC-17* Updated: February 20th 2008

My heart is breaking for Lex and Chloe. Can't wait for what's next.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: In the Absence of a Hero *NC-17* Updated: February 20th 2008

Clark is the typical working overtime oblivious spouse. Whether male or female, a person needs the loe and comfort of someone. I feel bad that CHloe and Lex have to sneak around, but maybe it will just show Lex what he really needs is someone that can be there all the time.

wonderful update ladies. Dagney

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was a truly lovely update!

Lex and Chloe's devotion to each other is a beautiful thing, and it seems that Lex is finally realizing that Chloe is who he wants in his life.

I just hope that Chloe doesn't think she's the rebound girl after he decides to break things off with Clark.

I do like that Chloe and Lex both realize that their sleeping together wasn't a mistake, that in fact, it was the best sex of their lives. That should be all the proof they need that they belong together.

Continued excellent work on this fic
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Wow my jaw is on the floor. That was f'ing amazing. I have no words. It seems Lex figured out it is Chloe he wants and she was always there for him but was to blinded by Clarko to realize that. I have a feeling he will still think that when he wakes up the next morning. I can't wait to see the morning after this revelation.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent chapter! So glad that Lex told Chloe he needs & wants her. Now, all he has to do is feel that way after he's sobered up. No more going back to Clark. Can;t wait for more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information