+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More than Meets the Eye (R) Update: 5/1/08 (Alternate S7)

NS Senior Member Senior Member

More than Meets the Eye (R) Update: 5/1/08 (Alternate S7)

Title: More than Meets the Eye
    Author: westwingwolf
    Spoiler: Season 7
    Summary: In order to get me through this new season, I have to believe there are things going on offscreen. I have an idea about what Lex's latest plan is and will write missing scenes in the episodes that inspire me to do so.
    Disclaimer: If I owned them, you'd be seeing this on national television.
    Rating: PG-13 to R because Lex's plan is getting a little more evil and deals with mature themes.

The Set-Up
    Episode: Kara

Lex walked into the Metropolis alley that he had chosen to hold this meeting. No chance of being interrupted with his highly trained men placed at each of the block. The alley was also several blocks away from either LuthorCorp Towers or The Daily Planet. As expected his associate was waiting for him.

To his new underlings, Grant Gabriel would seem to be calm and in charge of his surroundings, but Lex had spent years identifying who really had controlled and who knew how to act as if they did. Gabriel was good at playing the take charge editor but it wouldn’t get him anywhere in Lex’s world.

Grant headed straight for Lex as soon as he approached. He held out his hand hoping it wasn't shaking as badly as his voice when he stated “It’s good to see you again Le… Luthor… Mr. Luthor.” Lex’s hands remained in his pockets and stared at Grant letting the man know that just because Lex had asked for this meeting did not mean that he was in any way beholden to the man.

Grant dropped his hand. “Everything is done as you asked. I’ve given Ms. Lane a job and I’ve treated Ms. Sullivan like you requested. If I can ask, what exactly is your plan?”

Lex remained calm as he replied, “If I wanted you to know my plan, I would have informed you from beginning. Just keep doing as you are told.”

Grant swallowed the lump in his throat and tried for an easy joking smile. “I know, but it’s getting more difficult to favor Lane. Have you read any of her writing? It’s complete nonsense. Half the time, I’m not even sure if she’s used spell check. I don’t know how long I keep up this charade of her talent.”

Lex did sympathize with the man in this regard. He had never actually read any of Lois’ writing samples. He preferred to think there was still good journalism in the world. However, he did have to suffer through another brunette. “Just do what I do. Keep telling her she’s brilliant and you admire her thinking. She’ll fall for it without question every time. And if you have trouble keeping a straight face, just remember that you wouldn’t be at the Planet without me. And you wouldn’t have that nice back account in the Caymans for when you retire.”

“Okay, but I feel bad taking it out on Sullivan. She’s much better in every way. And she’ll never get out of the basement if I keep giving all of her shots to her cousin. Honestly, I don’t want her to hate me because I’m hoping if things don’t work out for her and Photo Boy, then I’ll have a chance.” Grant’s imagination had taken him to a place where he and Chloe could get very close working late nights on assignments. All images stopped when he realized he had been pushed up against a brick wall and Luthor’s hand was choking off his air supply.

Lex tightened his grip and didn’t flinch when Grant’s eyes widened from the pressure. “Stay away from Chloe. Don’t worry about what will happen to her and how she will feel. That is where your job ends and mine begins. If you make one move toward her or act in difference to any way other than what I’m paying for, then you will be replaced.” Lex didn’t need to say what would happen to Grant after he would be replaced. The look in Lex’s eyes and the bruises on Grant’s neck said it all.

After Grant had been able to make a slight nod to show that he understood, Lex let him go. Grant fell to the ground since Lex was no longer holding him up and any courage that he had had disappeared the moment Lex grabbed him.

Lex turned and began walking away. Without looking back he added that he would call Grant with more instructions when the time was right. Lex smiled as he thought that given time, Chloe would be willing to team up with him again. And he wouldn’t rest until their relationship was where it should have been by now.

As Grant made to stand back up and rubbed the soreness of his neck, he came to several conclusions. One was that he was going to be very careful not to invade Chloe Sullivan’s personal space. Two was that for Chloe’s boyfriend’s sake, he hoped the boy stopped dating her soon. Finally was that whatever Luthor had planned, it was going to shake people up and Grant just hoped that he wouldn’t be one of the unlucky bastards in the end.

TBC
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 19th March 2009 at 12:02.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Re: The Set-Up (Kara Missing Scene) PG

HUH? That's it one chapter. That was and amazing start and you have to write more of this to let Lex's plans playout.

Please you should up date this.
    Last edited by letia84; 22nd October 2007 at 06:55. Reason: typo

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: More than Meets the Eye (Season 7 Missing Scenes) PG

I liked this and I truly hope that it pans out on the show that Grant is Lex's minion. I just can't believe that Grant actually thinks Lois is a better reporter then Chloe.

Great work
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

This is a great start and I expect evil wonderful things to come out of this beginning!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

TBC
    Alright that's what I want to see.

Oh My God...That was awesome. Thank you for writing this, it will help me get through season seven.

Lex actually has his balls...unlike on SV.LOL

Please write more, I want to see more of Lex's evil plan for Chloe!

I'm curious...what's Lex up to????

Oh man, I absolutely *loved* this.

Finally, a good reason for the moronic editor to sabotage his own paper with the writing (and I use that term oh so loosely) of Lois.

And Lex pulling all of the strings - of a worthwhile plot - welcome back sexy Lexy!!!

I can't wait to see more of this. I'm on the edge of my seat to see how Lex pushes Chloe into a corner where she turns to him once more.

Of course, needless to say that I'm even more excited to see what he does with her once she's there.

More please...well, I'll wait 'til you're down with your homework, but then it's a hounding for you.

~Sarah~

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Wonderful!!! Just perfect
    I didn`t see season 7 yet because here in Brazil it`ll start in november... but I read spoilers and every comments here about the episodes and when I see them I`ll have this fic in my mind to help me go through the season (since season 5 I just watch some episodes).
    I can`t wait for more
    Malu

there is something about that new editor that just screamed...i really don't know how to label it. and the fact that he knew so much about chloe, a lowly intern, it does make perfect sense. hope to see more of this fic soon. great start!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information