+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: More than Meets the Eye (R) Update: 5/1/08 (Alternate S7)

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 10/23/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

a plotting lex is a good lex. at least that's how i feel. and i loved the idea that lana and lex never did get married, that was just awesome! and i especially liked the idea that lex wanted the strong-willed chloe. great update all around!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 10/23/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

AN: This last episode did not make me happy and it might show in this lackluster update. It was difficult to work with considering so few Chloe scenes, but in AM's scenes, she looked amazing.

The Trick
    Episode: Action

Lex stared at the poor young man. He identified with him. Everyone still believed that he never remembered those lost weeks he had spent in Belle Reve. But he remembered everything. Problem was if he went spouting about Clark’s powers, he would end up in the cell right next to this kid. He swore never to get trapped in this place again.

He knew Clark had powers but he wasn’t sure to what extent. And he didn’t know where those powers came from other than knowing it wasn’t due to the meteor rocks. He did know that those seemed to be a source of weakness.

He knew he wouldn’t be able to take down Clark until he knew all about his powers and how they worked. This knowledge would come as a bonus when Chloe came to the side where she belonged.

“I suppose you want your comic books back,” said the latest member of the Clark Kent fan club.

“Keep them. You’ve been paid in full,” Lex replied.

“What does that mean?” he asked.

“Doesn’t matter. It’s not like I’ll ever see you again,” Lex walked out the cell slightly disappointed that he wasn’t able to gather any information.

He best shot had been when Chloe moved in with Lois. However, he wasn’t just attracted to the blonde because of her beauty. Everyone else may have been able to forget that he owned the Talon and not cared that hating him contradicted renting from him, but not her. She knew to set up voice scramblers the day she moved in.

Lois would never compare to her cousin. She would have never gotten that pass key if he hadn’t practically hand delivered it to her. She played right into his scheme. He gave her the lead and told Gabriel to discourage her knowing she’d go against his wishes. Then he showed up just before she could find anything in his office. Not that she would. And she had the gall to proclaim that she was getting good at breaking and entering.

He’d spoken the truth about all those other reporters. Lois was just like them. A hack. But not Chloe. She inspired journalism as much as it inspired her.

Now, Lois would wonder if she led him to Lionel or if he had known all along, and she would never be able to reconcile either notion. She would never find the proof that he did which was why nothing would get published. That and the fact that he had Gabriel in his pocket.

People would probably be surprised to learn that as much as Lex enjoyed Warrior Angel when he was younger, he was also a fan of magic. Of which the most important factor is misdirection.

Lois was chasing a story that would lead her nowhere and would keep her from sniffing around his ultimate goal.

His father thought that Lana was behind his kidnapping. Might even believe that Lex had changed considering he did come to ‘help’ and wasn’t the one who went overboard in killing Marilyn. Lex was grateful for that. Just one less mess that he would have to clean up later. Lionel would cover up his own dirty deeds. And now, Lionel didn’t have shit to say like he did on that horrible day when Lex ‘married’ Lana. Everything Lex did on that day was for his plan. He had to get Lana to marry him if he ever was going to get her to become scared of him like she was now which meant he had to beat Dr. Langston to death. Now Lionel was the one who let his emotions get to him.

Lana thought that she was getting somewhere in her goals. She believed that she was actually as brilliant as he had told her. Never knowing for a second that he had put the whole thing in motion. That smugness would make her careless. Get her into more trouble.

Which led to Clark who was being mislead into thinking Lana was still in danger. Thanks in no small part to that crazy fan.

And the boy would never know that Lex sent him the intel that led to Lana’s location. It didn’t even surprise Lex that Clark and Lana still thought they were any safer at Oliver’s place then they had been at the farm.

Even though Lex knew that for the time being Lana’s presence was essential to the plan, he still wished that Clark could have been a few seconds late.

He had one incredible moment this week. His investigators had informed him of the conversation between Chloe and Clark. He was upset to learn that Chloe was still doing Clark’s dirty work by helping his tramp cousin protect her identity after the trouble she caused. Even though he couldn’t be upset about the break up. But apparently, Chloe would rather have a fictional life with a bald man than a real life dealing with the heartbreak of that idiot Jimmy. Soon her fantasy would be their reality.

TBC
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 26th October 2007 at 19:09. Reason: I left out a word that made the entire paragraph make sense

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 10/26/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

Damn that was good. I wish this was the show. I will still be watching if it was.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

SV starts here in November 5th
    And every chapter of this fic I read I become more and more excited about watching SV again because even if I know the episode is gonna suck I`ll have your fic in my mind and I`ll consider it to be the reality, not the episode.
    Malu

Thank you for writting this...I absolutely love it and helps me get through watching SV.

I hope you keep writting more, it's fantastic!!!

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

this story is great please continue i can't wait for more i really love it so far.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

AN: I realize that this story has become more of an explanation of how to rethink the episode than it is so much a 'missing scene.' Does that mean that I should post this in another section? I didn't consider this being post-episodic because I'm not taking the episodes at face value, but if you guys think it belongs somewhere else then I'll make the effort to get it moved. Moving on, the first half is Chloe and second half is Lex. All information of mythology was found on Wikipedia and is true because no one ever posts lies on Wikipedia. FYI, I projected some of myself on Chloe and Lex with the feeling towards a certain myth, but I thought it worked for the story as well.

The Myth
    Episode: Lara

Chloe couldn’t believe that Jimmy would ask about Kara in that excited tone right in front of her. They had only broken up a few weeks ago. He knew he had a point in keeping Kara’s secret, but he had only known the girl for a few months. Nothing compared to how long he knew her. It didn’t even compare to how long he knew Clark.

Chloe understood the need for lying, but when the lie hurt someone much more by keeping it then revealing it, that she couldn’t fathom. And the truth was that Jimmy wasn’t ready to understand about her power. How could she talk to him about it when she didn’t fully understand it?

She knew she gave Clark a hard time. Told him again and again that he should be honest with Lana. But he knew more about his powers than she knew about hers. Maybe she was just justifying her actions.

She admitted that Clark had a point to keep secrets in the beginning. Jimmy wasn’t ready to accept the truth just like Lana hadn’t been before.

But did Jimmy really have to move on so quickly? Did their relationship mean nothing to him? Nothing to the point that he all ready had the next girl lined up. Asshole. She couldn’t believe she had wasted time feeling sorry about their break up.

She called Lana a friend. Most of the reason being for Clark’s sake and you couldn’t live with someone without developing some kind of relationship. They weren’t sisters, weren’t even what could be called best friends. But Chloe did care and worry about Lana. Still there were some things she could never understand. Like how the girl could move on from a relationship so quickly. Made her wonder what exactly Lana’s feelings were. They certainly didn’t resemble what most people called love.

And Chloe wasn’t stupid. She knew there was much more to the Isis Foundation than Lana let on. For one thing the brunette always was a horrible liar. One of Chloe’s assets as a good reporter was her ‘bullshit detector.’ This quality was instinct and couldn’t be taught, and no matter what Lois thought, her cousin didn’t have it. Lois immediately considered everyone to be a liar and treated them as such. Until she thought they could be trusted, at that point she believed what they had to say. The problem was that most people gave a little bit of truth with lies, and if you branded everything they said as one or the other, then you missed the important information.

Chloe had done thorough research before she came to Isis. Part of which was obtaining a blueprint of the building. Experience had taught her that there was always more to the world than what people were willing to show. After her last escapade with someone who promised to help, she wanted to make sure the building wasn’t hiding any secret mutant holding chambers. That was how she knew that there was a secret room built beyond the wall in Lana’s office.

Lana’s explanation that Clark would worry if she purposely met with the meteor infected was another lie. Trouble seemed to follow Lana everywhere, whether it involved Kryptonite or not. And Chloe had spent years actively seeking out these people for stories. Clark never made her stop all together. He was always more of a ‘call if you need me’ type of guy. Not that she didn’t appreciate his help, she did. She just wished he’d be willing to stop the mess before it got out of hand and not after. More like his friend Oliver and the rest of that brood.

One piece of information that not many people knew about Chloe, beyond her father and Lex, was her fascination with mythology. Greek mythology was her favorite. She inherited the love from her father who given her the most reasonable alternate name of his favorite goddess Demeter.

During that summer in hiding, Chloe and Lex had stayed up nights discussing their favorite myths and debating the values of each story. Had Lex not offered to retell his favorite myth first, she never would have believed that it was the same as hers. She thought herself to be one of few who loved the tale of Persephone and Hades.

She had even told Lex about how when she was ten years old, she had asked her father if she was weird because she loved the story so much. Gabe had replied that it took a strong and loving woman to willingly be Hades’ queen and there was no shame in sharing love with anyone.

She remembered the look on Lex’s face when she told him. Even in these days when she found herself hating him, she couldn’t forget how he stared into her eyes and looked as she has just given the answer to the mysteries of the universe. As much as it hurt to think about her time with Lex in light of everything that came after, that memory was enough for her imagination to create dreams where she could still be with him. She often wanted to forget about what became of their relationship and succumb to those dreams.

From her knowledge, she knew the Egyptian goddess Isis’ most important title was “Queen of the Throne.” Alternate titles included: “The Brilliant One in the Sky,” “The One Who is All,” and “Light-Giver of Heaven.” Isis was also described as “she who knows the orphan.”

Chloe knew Lana had probably chosen Isis because people would agree with the foundation’s descriptions as “she who seeks justice for the poor people” and “she who seeks shelter for the weak people.”

But if Lana had taken the time to choose a symbolic name, then she must have known about the other titles and taken them into her consideration. Chloe had no real proof of course, but she was pretty sure that Lana had stolen the Luthors’ arrogance just as she had stolen their purple color scheme for her office. The difference being that Lex and Lionel had reason to be arrogant. They had earned the right to brag about their accomplishments because they had some. Lana was just beginning and had nothing to fall back on. She was taking a pretty conceited stand in an organization that was supposed to be about helping people. What was the likelihood that most people knew about Isis anyway? Lana had said it all when she proclaimed that “she was the foundation.” What type of humanitarian would think like that?

Where was this need to repair the damage of Level 33.1 when Chloe had tried to convince Lana that it existed over a year ago? At that time Lana had insisted that she knew Lex better and knew he would never create something like this. Chloe actually knew Lex better than Lana ever could, and even with all the good she saw in Lex, she still deemed the project possible. Believing people were either all good or all bad was just being ignorant to human nature.

Chloe would keep Lana’s secret for now if only not to worry Clark while he was dealing with his problems with Kara. But she would continue to investigate and when she had proof that Lana was indeed up to something, there would be a confrontation that Lana couldn’t lie her way out of.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Lex was pleased in his dealings with Agent Carter. As far as any of the man’s lackeys knew, Lex knew nothing of the crystal. And with that performance of trying to stop Carter from taking Kara, she might be stupid enough to let some details slip in his presence. Or Clark might be willing to ask Lex for more help from time to time. Either way if Clark mentioned any of it to Chloe, it should eventually give her cause to seek out his help.

The tranquilizer shot hadn’t even hurt and didn’t hold anything to knock him out anyway. He waited a while before sending the feed of Kara to Lana’s bunker, giving Carter enough time to get back to Virginia. Better to let Lana think she had used her skills to hack back into his surveillance feed. Clark would listen to Lana about the knowledge of Kara being in the mansion before he would ever listen to Lex. Clark might even begin to wonder just how Lana came across this information, but he doubted that.

He tried to hold back his smile when Carter had said “angelic blonde saint.” As far as the man knew, the words had been attributed to Kara. But for Lex, there was only one blonde that mattered. She might not be looking out for him any longer, but he still looked out for her.

Thanks to Kara’s memories that had been transferred over a live feed, so it didn’t matter if Clark destroyed the laboratory, Lex now knew more about Clark’s history. He was an alien from a planet that was destroyed by a war. Lex guessed it was probably because of that alien who had possessed him over a year ago.

Lex believed that this Zor-El person had good taste in wanting Clark’s blonde mother but he went about things the wrong way. Stealing her DNA so he could create a replica wasn’t the answer. Lex would never want a clone of Chloe. He wanted and needed the real deal. Chloe’s spirit and passion was unique and creating a fake to try and get that back would be tantamount to killing her. Something he could never do. He wouldn’t kill her, and he wouldn’t replace her with some inadequate wannabe whether it was a clone or an actual person. He would do everything to be with her and once he was, he would treat her as the equal she always was to him.

He had learned from his father how not to treat the woman he loved. He knew his father never loved his mother, he saw her as a prize. From Lionel he knew exactly how to treat Lana. Treat her as nothing because she is nothing. The difference was his mother was something. His mother should have been treated with the affection Lionel had shown Martha Kent. Lex would give Chloe the love she deserved, and he would give their children the love that his father had never shown him and squandered on Clark.

Lex would prove himself to be better than his father because he knew love had to be given to the people who were worthy of it.

TBC

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was a great update, and I especially loved this part:

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    But did Jimmy really have to move on so quickly? Did their relationship mean nothing to him? Nothing to the point that he all ready had the next girl lined up. Asshole. She couldn’t believe she had wasted time feeling sorry about their break up.

She called Lana a friend. Most of the reason being for Clark’s sake and you couldn’t live with someone without developing some kind of relationship. They weren’t sisters, weren’t even what could be called best friends. But Chloe did care and worry about Lana. Still there were some things she could never understand. Like how the girl could move on from a relationship so quickly. Made her wonder what exactly Lana’s feelings were. They certainly didn’t resemble what most people called love.
    You have just proved why Jimmy is the male Lana Lang. He is so emotionally needy and immature that he goes from one woman to another, not even stopping to get over the first relationship.

This part was also awesome:

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    Where was this need to repair the damage of Level 33.1 when Chloe had tried to convince Lana that it existed over a year ago? At that time Lana had insisted that she knew Lex better and knew he would never create something like this. Chloe actually knew Lex better than Lana ever could, and even with all the good she saw in Lex, she still deemed the project possible.
    I wish Chloe had thrown this back in Lana's face. At the time, Lana acted like Chloe was the biggest moron for even thinking that Lex would hurt people. Now she's spying on him left and right, and calling him an unfeeling monster.

Once again, westwingwolf, wonderful work on deconstructing the episode.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 11/3/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

This was an excellent reinterpretation of the current disaster that is Smallville, www. The best part was that I was able to ‘get’ this whole chapter without needing to actually watch the show, so now I really don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything

One of Chloe’s assets as a good reporter was her ‘bullshit detector.’ This quality was instinct and couldn’t be taught, and no matter what Lois thought, her cousin didn’t have it. Lois immediately considered everyone to be a liar and treated them as such. Until she thought they could be trusted, at that point she believed what they had to say. The problem was that most people gave a little bit of truth with lies, and if you branded everything they said as one or the other, then you missed the important information.
    I really, REALLY loved this part which covered Chloe’s unerring journalistic and investigative instincts… showing how she’s a tried and true truthseeker through and through… through a combination of natural talent and determination as well as experience and skill. I loved the take on her philosophy towards ‘digging through the bullshit for the truth’, and I can’t wait to see her start applying this ‘bullshit detector’ of hers on Lex as she starts realizing the extent of his obsession, not ‘only’ with Clark, but with HER.

But if Lana had taken the time to choose a symbolic name, then she must have known about the other titles and taken them into her consideration. Chloe had no real proof of course, but she was pretty sure that Lana had stolen the Luthors’ arrogance just as she had stolen their purple color scheme for her office. The difference being that Lex and Lionel had reason to be arrogant. They had earned the right to brag about their accomplishments because they had some. Lana was just beginning and had nothing to fall back on. She was taking a pretty conceited stand in an organization that was supposed to be about helping people. What was the likelihood that most people knew about Isis anyway? Lana had said it all when she proclaimed that “she was the foundation.” What type of humanitarian would think like that?
    I really enjoyed the backstory part where both Chloe and Lex had a unique and interesting interpretation of the Hades and Persephone myth. Personally, I don’t really agree with the slant that they both believe in, but I can see why the two of them would be so attracted to the idea of a ‘self-sacrificing, generous type of love that saves all and forgives anything’ angle to this classic story.

And I REALLY enjoyed Chloe’s analysis on the reason why Lana had chosen the arrogant name ‘Isis’ for her foundation. A bit of careful, in-depth Lana-bashing is ALWAYS a good time for me, LOL!

Lex believed that this Zor-El person had good taste in wanting Clark’s blonde mother but he went about things the wrong way. Stealing her DNA so he could create a replica wasn’t the answer. Lex would never want a clone of Chloe. He wanted and needed the real deal. Chloe’s spirit and passion was unique and creating a fake to try and get that back would be tantamount to killing her. Something he could never do. He wouldn’t kill her, and he wouldn’t replace her with some inadequate wannabe whether it was a clone or an actual person. He would do everything to be with her and once he was, he would treat her as the equal she always was to him.
    Dear holy god in heaven are you SERIOUS???!! Clark’s birth parents involved in a family scandal involving ‘coveting your brother’s wife’? Stealing DND? Clone creation? Did THIS actually happen on the show? WHY do you keep torturing yourself with this drivel, www? It’s gone way past the limit of laughably senseless into something that’s in danger of driving people seriously insane from too much exposure. For your own mental well-being, PLEASE stop watching!!!

He had learned from his father how not to treat the woman he loved. He knew his father never loved his mother, he saw her as a prize. From Lionel he knew exactly how to treat Lana. Treat her as nothing because she is nothing. The difference was his mother was something. His mother should have been treated with the affection Lionel had shown Martha Kent. Lex would give Chloe the love she deserved, and he would give their children the love that his father had never shown him and squandered on Clark.

Lex would prove himself to be better than his father because he knew love had to be given to the people who were worthy of it.
    Lovely sentiments. Beautiful! Now how about starting to act on those feelings now, Lex? C’mon! You know you want to, LOL!

Excellent chapter, www. I really enjoyed the character analysis you went into. It was very interesting, insightful and a delight to read. I look forward to future chapters… Good luck with your SV viewing (I think you’re seriously going to need it).

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 11/3/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

I love this update. It is funny how both Lex and Chloe know eachother so well despite the not talking to eachother for so long. I love how they are insync with each other. It just shows you how well they fit. But Lex cracks me up with this line:

Lex would give Chloe the love she deserved, and he would give their children the love that his father had never shown him and squandered on Clark
    First of all she needs to talk to you before even the thought of kids come into the picture. I just love how arrogant and confident he is in thinking that it will be that easy.

I can't wait to see what you come up with next oh and good luck in watching the rest of thw season.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information