+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More than Meets the Eye (R) Update: 5/1/08 (Alternate S7)

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 10/22/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    LOL! I should have known that Skauble would have centered her sick fascination on on THIS particular part of the story. I don't blame her, because I admit that I also share her taste for Extreme!Stalker-Lex. Someone who spies on Chloe and imagines an intimacy with her that she can't even begin to conceive. It's just so thrilling. I'd also like to put my vote in with Skauble for 'more scenes like these please!'

Hey!!!

How did this thread turn into accusations that I'm somehow sick and twisted?

I'll have you know that I am only a devotee of flowers and romance and rainbows and unicorns...and penguins. There is nothing remotely disturbing about me.

And as for this -

I find this part *very* intriguing. I think that it needs it's own little interlude to explore it more thoroughly. Right? Right??

Can't wait for more of this. Fantastic rewrite!

~Sarah~
    Well, I think it's clear that a certain somethingeasy hacked into my account and posted this. I'm sure that www will back me up here.

~Sarah~

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skauble View Post
    I'll have you know that I am only a devotee of flowers and romance and rainbows and unicorns...and penguins. There is nothing remotely disturbing about me.

riiiight! And now we're supposed to disregard the Serial Killing Lex you have chained up in your closet because THAT was the one Lex you chose to try and steal away from Nonky? Could have gone for sweet, doting Survival-Lex, or bumbling BM-Lex, or even stupid fool Nudge-Lex... instead, you zeroed in on the serial killer... AND offered to help him practice his mosaic skills by having him tile your bathroom?

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Sorry this is not an update. First off thank you all for the reviews. As of right now the story only gets updated after each episode of SV so I can see if I can fanwank their 'plot'. There will mostly likely be a time in the future when I take this completely AU, but as of now you got to weight for me to get inspired or disgruntled by each SV episode. Also, I know that after December I no longer can watch new episodes so I'm going to have to depend on the internet or reviews.

Next, I'm not a Transformers fan. I used this title because I thought it was a popular phrase meaning there is more than Smallville is showing us. It could be that I heard the phrase on one of the Transformers movie promos or that I remember it from an old commercial.

I'm surprised certain people want the scene of Lex in bed with Chloe especially when they saw what happened the last time I had a Lex in bed with a Chloe. I mean what happened the last time somethingeasy hacked into my account because she does that.

I was going to put in Lex's feelings when he heard about Chloe's 'death' as I had glossed the moment in the last chapter. I was even going to add that Lex made arrangements to make sure the morgue wasn't too cold, but that felt like he was trying too hard. I've think I have an idea for a interlude that will satisfy both you and skauble. That might be up later today when I get the logistics all thought out.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

AN: This is a little out of order. This piece takes place during Bizarro and gives more insight into Lex's feelings for Chloe. It also reflects on that infamous summer.
    Disclaimer: Words from the episode Bizarro are in italics. I liked them and since it was never explicitly said who Lex could have been speaking about, I decided to put my spin on it. The inscription is from the music group Atmosphere but let's pretend he came up with himself.

The Ring
    Episode: Bizarro

Lex had been updated on Chloe’s condition as soon as he had made it back to his office. The one person in the world who truly meant everything to him and he couldn’t be there with her.

He knew about her power. Knew that she would awake from her death-like coma soon after the doctors had called time of death. Yet none of that matter. She would still have to die first and he couldn’t be there to hold her hand and calm her. He couldn’t tell her that everything would be fine in a few minutes. He wasn’t allowed to be the first person she saw when she awoke.

Somehow Lex knew that person would be Clark and he added this to the list of reasons to hate him. Clark would be Chloe’s savior once again. He couldn’t risk losing his plan if Clark questioned why he was at the hospital. But he was comforted by the fact that soon this would be one of Clark’s last chances.

Lex didn’t have any silly notions that he would become Chloe’s white knight. That wasn’t the life he wanted for them anyway. He wanted Chloe to be her own savior. He wanted back the Chloe who tried to take on his father. The one who only came to him because she knew he would be the perfect partner and not because she had to rely on someone else to fix her mess.

Lex admitted to himself that destroying her confidence in order to push her towards him was a farfetched scheme. However, he compared what he was doing to refurbishing a great home that had been destroyed by unappreciative freeloaders. He had to strip her bare of her crippling relationships in order for her to be repaired. He felt guilty that she didn’t have a say in the beginning, but once she realized it was for the best, she would determine where to go from there. She would be in control of how she lived her life once it was ridden of those who never learned to love her like he did.

Some time after the summer she returned from the dead, she had lost that strong sense of self that had attracted him in the first place. He knew it wasn’t really gone, just buried deep within, which is why he never stopped loving her. She just relied too much on Clark. Relied on him to the point that, in order to show her gratitude, she tried to help him with Lana. There were times when Lex liked to believe that she had tried to break up his and Lana’s relationship because she wanted Lex for herself. Those thoughts helped him sleep at night and kept him going when all his plans looked to fail. But ultimately he knew the truth. Chloe’s friendship was an amazing gift and she would do anything for those she loved.

He missed having that gift. Hated having to give it up for fear of what his father would do to her. He vividly remembered every moment they spent together at her safe house. Walking into her room, he looked over her carefully as she lay sleeping. She had every reason to be worried. Lionel still questioned whether she was truly dead. Her father was kept away from her in another city. She had no one to speak to other than Lex and the agents who weren’t keen on conversation. Yet somehow she still managed to sleep peacefully. He would lightly touch her soft skin…and her hair. He noticed that half-awake smile when she saw him come in like…she didn’t know if she was still in a dream. She was the only thing he was living for.

He stared at his promise ring. Everyone else in the world thought it was his wedding ring. He never bought a wedding ring to wear for Lana’s sake. He had bought this ring three years ago during that summer when he started his plan. On the day he realized he would have to turn away from Chloe in order to protect her, he made a promise that he didn’t vocalize to anyone. Not even her. He swore that he would come back to her and do whatever possible to have her fall in love with him. Since then he had kept the ring with him, allowed people to believe it was his wedding ring so that he could wear it proudly without question. In a way, it was his wedding band because he had not actually married Lana. No actual documents were signed and the priest had been a fake. This band symbolized his marriage to Chloe. He couldn’t wait to have the actual ceremony so he would finally be able to give her the ring he bought for her that day. Inside both of the rings were the words “Love isn’t love if you didn’t hurt someone” inscribed in Greek.

When Chloe ditched Clark and once again became that person with the go-getting attitude…when she realized that being partners with Lex was far better than Clark’s sidekick and cheerleader…when she recognized their intense passion, then that day would finally come.

TBC
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 25th October 2007 at 01:51. Reason: typos

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: More than Meets the Eye Update: 10/23/07 (S7 Missing Scenes) PG-13 to R

I loved this line:

He swore that he would come back to her and do whatever possible to have her fall in love with him.
    That is just awesome! I love all of the Chlexiness you have added to this season.

Great work thus far on this story
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Lex is getting creppy and a little obessed but I'm not complaining. Update again. I want some Chlex interaction. Not that don't like reading the interworkers of Lex's mind I'm ready see some of his carefully laid out plans put into action.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Lex is so delusional I love it. More please give me more.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

I am totally feeling you in needing to know where the series goes. Take your time - evil to do for the greater good takes time to plan. heehee

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

I loved the promise ring explanation and the fake marriage

Great chapter
    Malu

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Thank you SO much, www for covering this. I was really SO pleased by this interlude. It explained and covered a LOT more than the issue I has asked about, and it provided a lot more insight into your Lex as well as his motivations. You did EXCELLENT work, excellent, wonderful writing and characterization. You presented a very unique, different, surprising, but still a very believable view of Lex Luthor, and it worked really well in this fic.

Lex didn’t have any silly notions that he would become Chloe’s white knight. That wasn’t the life he wanted them anyway. He wanted Chloe to be her own savior. He wanted back the Chloe who tried to take on his father. The one who only came to him because she knew he would be the perfect partner and not because she had to rely on someone else to fix her mess.

Lex admitted to himself that destroying her confidence in order to push her towards him was a farfetched scheme. However, he compared what he was doing to refurbishing a great home that had been destroyed by unappreciative freeloaders. He had to strip her bare of her crippling relationships in order for her to be repaired. He felt guilty that she didn’t have a say in the beginning, but once she realized it was for the best, she would determine where to go from there. She would be in control of how she lived her life once it was ridden of those who never learned to love her like he did.
    It was particularly THIS part that really helped cement how and why Lex was able to justify his cruel behaviour towards Chloe when he was so obsessively infatuated with her. I’ll admit, it seemed very selfish, and not really loving AT ALL to find out that Lex was destroying every aspect of Chloe’s life (personal as well as professional) to get her in a frame of mind where she would approach and depend on HIM for help.

But now I see how Lex can justify the destruction of Chloe’s relationship with her dearest friends… he’s telling himself that he’s setting up a situation where she can realize how unworthy her friends are of her devotion, passion, loyalty and undivided attention. Which actually ‘might’ even be true.

And her job. I still think it’s quite unforgivable of Lex to use bribery, intimidation and blackmail to coerce Chloe’s bosses into undermining everything she has achieved, but again.. I can see why he would convince himself that he’s only showing her that she’s BIGGER than being ‘just another reporter’ at the Daily Planet, when she ‘could’ be the Editor of her own newspaper, and her own boss. That all she has to do is join forces with Lex Luthor, and she would get everything she has ever wanted.

It’s also very interesting, because I got the impression that Lex is acting as much out of anger, indignation and RAGE as he is out of a sick, twisted obsessive kind of love. He’s ANGRY at Chloe because she’s wasted so much of her time and attention on things that are plainly unworthy of her, mostly Clark and Lana… but also struggling from the bottom rung of a journalism career, when she COULD have had so much better, if only she had chosen LEX. He’s punishing her for her choices as well as trying to shepherd her on the path towards him.

He’s angry at her for diminishing herself because of her own sense of caring, loving, loyal devotion (as well as a bit of poor self-esteem?). For prioritizing everyone else before her own needs. For focusing all her energies to helping others rather than helping herself… Which is probably something he both loves and hates about her… certainly it’s one of the things that makes her a complete inexplicable mystery to him.

I wonder if he’s admitted that deep-seated sense of outrage and anger to himself with regards to his behaviour towards her.

That’s just my view anyway… www, I think you did an amazing job when leading me to psychoanalyze Lex like this out of one little interlude. You should be proud of the character facet you revealed over here. Amazing writing!

This band symbolized his marriage to Chloe. He couldn’t wait to have the actual ceremony so he would finally be able to give her the ring he bought for her that day. Inside both of the rings were the words “Love isn’t love if you didn’t hurt someone” inscribed in Greek.
    heh, this was also fascinating. And it sent such a THRILL up my spine to imagine Lex already committing himself with a pseudo marriage (with vows, a ring and all the devotion in his sick, twisted heart) while Chloe remains COMPLETELY clueless about his feelings. Wow, I can’t wait to see what happens when Lex finally reveals the scary depth of feelings he has for her.

I look forward to more in the future. Keep up the great work. And do remember that most people don’t really watch SV anymore, so take whatever liberties you want with the continuing series… we won’t really mind (or notice )

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information