Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Can We Improve Naughty Seduction?

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: How Can We Improve Naughty Seduction?

Quote Originally Posted by qazwsx View Post
    Hi, Just a quick thought - I hate reading a fic, only to realise it was never finished - either the author got blocked, or distracted by other things.... Can we have a new section - "Adopt a fic" or "ghost writers", where other writers can finish these stories off? I know some may hate this - their work being hijacked - but sometimes when I read stories, I feel like I'm emotionally invested - I need to know how stories end!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?
    Thanks for your suggestion!

Sadly, a lot of the stories that are in the graveyard sections are never updated.

Authors can give their story up for adoption if they want to. The way we've usually done this so far is that the writer announces that s/he has a fic up for adoption, and then people can contact them directly.

If more authors want a system for this, we'll set something up!

NS Member

I think it would be nice to see the summary with the fic's title.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red_lady View Post
    I think it would be nice to see the summary with the fic's title.
    If you hover over the name of the fic and the summary's at the beginning of the post, you should be able to see, at least, part of it without having to open the thread. Also, there are authors who post summaries of their fics as part of their master lists here: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...l=1#post255527
    Last edited by lexie; 29th May 2012 at 16:55.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

I think that this site is great already. I found the best Chlex fics here.
    But some of you are right, the suggestions you all made are good. So what other suggestion can I make?

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar

I often find myself coming back and looking for 'that Chlex fic' that stuck in my head and I suddenly want to re-read. I know there's a lot of stories here, but I always wondered if there was some way to create our "NS Archive" where there are just the stories--and not all the comments on them? Not that I don't love giving and getting feedback, but sometimes, I want to read the story without skimming through pages of comments. I know it's the message board style, and I know it's a lot of work, but it's always something I've thought about with this site. (Honestly, I thought about it three or four years ago in the Chlex heyday--and wondered how difficult it would be to create that archive).

I'm rambling now...but just thought I'd offer something that I think about now and then. Overall though, I LOVE this site, even if I don't visit as much as before. My Chlex love, and the love for everyone here will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by sydsvaughn View Post
    I often find myself coming back and looking for 'that Chlex fic' that stuck in my head and I suddenly want to re-read. I know there's a lot of stories here, but I always wondered if there was some way to create our "NS Archive" where there are just the stories--and not all the comments on them? Not that I don't love giving and getting feedback, but sometimes, I want to read the story without skimming through pages of comments. I know it's the message board style, and I know it's a lot of work, but it's always something I've thought about with this site. (Honestly, I thought about it three or four years ago in the Chlex heyday--and wondered how difficult it would be to create that archive).

I'm rambling now...but just thought I'd offer something that I think about now and then. Overall though, I LOVE this site, even if I don't visit as much as before. My Chlex love, and the love for everyone here will never die.
    I have to admit that the message board fic is so completely not my cup of tea. This is the main reason why I don't read fic here as much as I would like to. I always prefer reading stories that are not interrupted by comments because sometimes skimming through pages looking for the next cphapter throws me out of the story completely. My favorite fic-reading place on the net is Archive Of Our Own, which is extremey user-friendly. And I spent about 90% of my fannish time there. I give feedback dutifully if a story has impressed me enough, so I think that when it comes to feedback, it doesn't matter much is a story is on a message board or in an archive. If readers want to comment, they will. If they don't want to commen't, they won't.
    So, the bottomline is, I completely agree with you. I think it'd be great if there was a Chlex fic archive here.
    Last edited by Sheliana; 30th May 2012 at 12:30.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

I believe the creation of an archive was suggested in the past but turned down by Julie because of practical purposes; it must be a huge effort to go over so many posts on a forum as big as this one, considering the amount of stories that are online.

I suppose a half-way solution would be for authors to provide downloadable versions; I've done that myself posting links on my masterlist. By the way, I'll try to replace the old links as soon as I have the time to upload the fics to a server other than Megaupload. *wink*
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

You can't help when posts become out of date, but I wish the videos worked or were kept up to date.

I don't have suggestions but I want to take this opportunity to compliment all of you that take care of this site, you're doing a great job. Thank you.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by micah_luther View Post
    You can't help when posts become out of date, but I wish the videos worked or were kept up to date.
    If the makers of those videos are still active on NS you can ask them to renew their links, but if they're not active here any more I'm afraid there's nothing I can do

Quote Originally Posted by lit View Post
    I don't have suggestions but I want to take this opportunity to compliment all of you that take care of this site, you're doing a great job. Thank you.
    Thank you, you're very welcome
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Closed Thread

Thread Information