+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Accident Prone (R) - Sequel to Accidents Happen

I loved it!!!! Gabe knowing that the research was cancelled, Clark almost passed out, and from Blue Kryptonite no less, and Lex now has an idea of what might have happened to Chloe. Now, the rest of us need the next piece of the puzzle. Update soon please!!

:chlexsign4:

NS Full Member
    I loved it but i want more. :worship2: Please!

NS Full Member
    More. More. More. PLeeeease update soon. :worship2:

:chlexsign4: oh i like this fic :chlexsign4:
    Kirsten

lunaluthor
    Just a Guest!
    yes please update soon you are killing me with all the cliffies :biggrin:

NS Full Member
    This is definitely getting good. I know it has not been a week since you posted. But I'm hoping you will post another chapter soon : ! These cliffhangers are killing me :yay: !

:chlexsign2: , I love this sign!

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    “Never seen anything like it.” Sergeant Murphy, a police detective with the Metropolis Police Department, dangled the clear plastic evidence bag out in front of him as he eyed the can leaking blue fluid inside. “Course, that doesn’t mean anything. They’re coming out with all sorts of stuff these days. I’ll have the guys at the lab check it out.”

Lex nodded once in agreement, but Clark frowned and squirmed in his seat.

“Something wrong, Clark?”

“No,” Clark answered a little too quickly. “Just --- worried about Chloe.”

Lex and Murphy shared a look and the man leaned forward to call Clark on his obvious lie when Clark’s cell phone rang, giving him an excuse to push himself away from the desk.

“I know he’s your friend,” the detective started, “but I think we need to consider the possibility that ---”

“He’s not involved,” Lex interrupted.

“For a guy who isn’t involved, he’s been acting awfully suspicious,” Murphy responded in a tone that almost wonder whether or not Clark Kent could have had a hand in taking his fiancée.

After all, Clark had been after Chloe himself, or at least trying to get her to break up with Lex, since the time he first found out that they were together. Was it completely infeasible that the young man may have had something to do with her disappearance?

Clark picked that moment to walk back over to the desk, earning him wary looks from both Lex and the detective.

“What?”

“Who was on the phone?” Lex asked, trying to make his voice sound as steady as possible. Clark sucked in a breath and sat down.

“Lana.”

“You told her?”

“I didn’t get a chance,” Clark said, making a disgruntled face. “She was talking a mile a minute.”

Now Lex really *was* suspicious. Although it wasn’t out of character for Lana to live in her own personal bubble, it was highly unusual that she wouldn’t take breaks in what she was talking about to gain sympathy from whomever she was speaking with.

“About?”

Murphy raised an eyebrow at Lex’s edgy tone. His shabbily crafted theory about the dark haired boy having something to do with Chloe’s abduction might actually turn out to have some merit to it.

Clark gave Lex an uncomfortable look.

“She and Mr. Sullivan were grocery shopping,” he started. The detective furrowed his brow.

“Chloe’s…brother?”

“Father,” Lex supplied.

“So, this ‘Lana’, she’s what? Stepmom, dad’s girlfriend?”

Lex snorted and then snickered into his closed hand as Clark’s face fell into a pale, horrified expression.

“N-no,” Clark stammered.

“She’s a friend of Chloe’s,” Lex said without offering any other information. He turned his attention back to Clark. “So, was this a rant about how Gabe keeps trying to buy things that his doctor told him not to?”

“No,” Clark said, shaking his head lightly to try and recover from Murphy’s statement. “They – um – they apparently ran into ---” his eyes darted over to the detective and then back to Lex before clearing his throat. “Robison.”

Lex stiffened and straightened his posture in his seat.

“I see.”

“Yeah.”

“Care to enlighten me?” Murphy asked, more than a little fed up that the two people reporting that a crime had taken place now seemed to be more focused on something that he had no knowledge about. Lex gave him a dry yet threatening look and he frowned. “That’s what I thought. Well, like I said, I’ll have the lab take a look at this and we’ll set up a tap on your home phone. If this really is a kidnapping, then you’ll probably get a ransom request within twenty-four hours.”

Lex nodded and shook the man’s hand and then he and Clark started to leave the building.

‘Great,’ Lex thought sarcastically. ‘Now not only is Chloe missing, but ---’

“When were you going to tell me?” Clark hissed once they were clear of the outside steps. Lex glanced over at him and Clark gave him the same morally disappointed look that Jonathan Kent seemed to sport on demand. “And does Chloe even know?”

“Do you think I would be able to hide something like that from her?” Lex asked wryly. Clark frowned and tilted his head a little to the side.

“I guess not,” he replied.

‘What happened?’ Chloe thought groggily. Lex stopped dead in his tracks and his eyes widened.

“Where are you?” he asked aloud, earning a surprised look from Clark.

‘Damned if I know,’ she replied, frowning when she took in her surroundings. ‘One minute I get cornered by Penelope Faust and the next I’m waking up in an all white room with no windows. All white room - shit. I’m not dead, am I?’

‘I certainly hope not,’ Lex thought. ‘And who’s Penelope Faust?’

‘New reporter for the society pages at the planet,’ Chloe informed him. ‘The last thing I remember was her spraying something at me and then I woke up here.’

‘Clark found it next to your bag; we gave it to the police.’

‘Good. It’ll have her fingerprints on it.’

‘We already know she is, Chloe.’

‘Uh-huh,’ Chloe thought. ‘But how are you going to explain that to the police?’ Lex grumbled and Chloe rubbed her eyes. ‘Besides, I have a feeling that she’s just a lackey. There’s no way a cub reporter could have access to a chemical that strong.’

‘You want me to investigate for you,’ Lex observed.

‘Would you?’ Chloe asked, too much sweetness inserted into her voice so Lex could practically picture her batting her eyelashes at him.

‘I will if you try to find a way out of there.’

‘Done and --- damn.’

‘What?’

‘I’m tied down.’

‘You just now realized that?’

‘I was coming out of the effects of the sedatives,’ Chloe argued. ‘Give me a break.’

‘Chloe ---’

‘Crap. Somebody’s coming.’

Clark resorted to waving his hand in front of Lex’s face when Lex just stopped on the sidewalk and started zoning out. He knew that Lex was talking to Chloe, and on some level that was comforting because it meant that they would know what was happening to her at all times; but the more time went on, the more Chloe and Lex both seemed to get wrapped up in their own little world – even when they were in the same room with each other. It was…disconcerting.

Lex blinked and Clark grinned at him.

“Is she okay?”

“No.”

“No?” Clark asked worriedly, his eyebrows furrowing together.

“She’s tied down and she doesn’t know where she is.”

Clark’s mouth dropped open, but he was unable to form any words to describe how he felt about the situation.

‘What the fuck?’ Chloe thought.

‘What?’

‘These people who just came in…’

‘Do you recognize them? What do they look like? Can you describe them?’

A tall, lean man with dark hair stood over the metal table that Chloe was tied down to, tilting his head to the side as he observed her.

“Who are you? Why are you doing this?” Chloe asked. “Is this about money? Because ---”

He bent at the waist, moving his mouth closer to her head to speak into her ear.

“I apologize for having to meet this way, but you were the only one I could be sure he would come for,” he said in a smooth, husky voice. Chloe frowned, but the man made no move to pull away from her, so she figured he wasn’t done talking yet. When his lips grazed her ear, she snapped her head to the side to get it away from him.

“What do you want?”

“Not *what*,” the man replied, straightening up to his full height once again and giving her a sultry, pointed look. “*Whom*.”

“Fine - *whom* do you want?” Chloe asked angrily. If she was going to be tied down to a table and probably killed in the long run, then she wasn’t going to make the time in between any easier for the guy.

‘I don’t like the sound of that,’ Lex thought, a scowl crossing his features.

‘You’d like it even less if I told you that he just tried to kiss my ear,’ she replied.

“What?!” Lex exclaimed. ‘I’ll kill him. Who is it?’

‘You know, we actually haven’t gotten around to introductions yet, but when we do, I’ll be sure to let you know,’ Chloe thought in frustration. Having her fiancé go off on a jealous fit inside her head wasn’t going to help at all when she was trying to concentrate on the man in front of her, glaring at him so he wouldn’t try anything again.

The man clasped his hands together behind his back and allowed a gentle smirk to slide across his mouth.

“I like you. You’re…passionate.”

“Flattering, *really*,” Chloe bit. “But Lex can’t come for me if he doesn’t know where I am, and ---”

“Lex?” the man asked with a questioning expression on his face. Chloe opened and closed her mouth a couple of times and tugged at her restraints.

“Hey, look – I think it’s just a case of mistaken identity here. How about you let me go and I won’t say anything to the police who could lock you away for the rest of your life?” Silently adding, ‘Or ten years – however long kidnapping sentences are these days.’

“There has been no mistake,” the man said assuredly.

“Yes, yes there has,” she argued. “Lex is my fiancé – the only guy who would come for me – so obviously you ---”

“Several surveillance pictures have been taken. There has been no error.”

“But ---”

“Kal-El will come for you,” the man said, giving her the tiniest bow of his head as a goodbye before he turned on his heel and left the room, a white door sliding across to shut the open space after he left. Chloe’s eyes widened.

‘Uh-oh.’

‘Chloe? Would you please tell me what’s going on?’

‘Lex?’

‘You were expecting someone else?’ Lex asked in irritation.

‘Don’t be a jerk. I need help.’

‘Sorry. Just tell me what’s going on,’ he half-pleaded.

‘Well, you remember that theory you had about a spaceship coming down with the meteor shower?’

Lex’s eyes darted over to Clark for a second.

‘Yeah?’

‘Looks like you were probably right.’

TBC…

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    What????? So this is about the jerk Clark? Ugh he is nothing but trouble ... :hammer: Kill clark please,.......

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Hee Hee Hee, *breathes* ok, got my hysteria under control. This is fucking priceless! Tho I think they have the wrong girl there! They should know that if they really want to have superboy come running, they have to take the 'pretty in pink' not the fianceè of the billionaire. *shakes head* Update soon

hugs,
    Sabby

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    *rubs hands together and cackles maniacally*

i like hope's idea...i really like her idea *wink wink*

this is brilliant...and YAY they can talk now...or think together...or whatever.

Love it.

~B

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information