+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Deserted (NC-17)

NS Full Member
    :worship2: We want more. We want more. We want more. :worship2:

demoness
    Great chapter! i like the verbal judo they still got going even thought they're injured. :goof:

Tandy

NS Full Member
    So they are injured and possibly stranded on a deserted island. I loved Lex's observation about Clark and the mini arguement over injuries. Can't wait to see what happens next so update!

Susan S

odd duck
    So, are there people in the house? And how will they get up there to find out? Update soon!

The premise of this story is so intriguing....I think of "Blue Lagoon" immediately, even though both definitely are not innocents of the mind, actually. But it would be real cool to see how they survive.

i alternate from nc17 fanfiction forum to la la land...
    at least they have a house?? :biggrin:
    i do so like green eggs and ham
    i do so like them...sam i am
    –Dr Seuss “Green Eggs And Ham”--

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    Eeeek! I can't believe it took be so long to review for the 2nd ch..... I love it love it love it...... I so can't wait to read more..... please please please update sooooooooooooon!!!!!!!

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Lex rubbed his tired eyes with his hand as he listened to Chloe tell the rest of what she overheard and her theories on what had probably happened after she was knocked out. Her fervor while going over the details and the possibilities seemed to suggest that she had regained quite a bit of her energy. Chloe noticed the same thing and gave him a tiny, almost unperceivable grin before she tried to stand up again.

“And you know the rest,” she said, frowning down at the damp, sandy clothes that were still hanging to her curves. Her eyes drifted to a small clearing behind some trees near the base of the hill. “You think that’s a trail?”

“You’ll never make it,” Lex said discouragingly, though for the life of her, Chloe couldn’t figure out why.

Part of it was that he really didn’t relish the idea of being left alone on a beach in his condition and despite their differences, some company was better than none at all; and part of it was that he had a feeling that she would really be so stubborn as to go trotting off on her own, risking further injury to herself, and he would be unable to help her. Lex wasn’t sure why that bothered him, but it did.

“Well, thanks for the pep talk, Coach,” she said sarcastically, snapping him out of his thoughts.

“I didn’t mean it like that,” Lex argued, opting for a different tactic since it looked like her stubbornness was going to win out. “I was simply pointing out that your body has been put through the ringer, you need to rest and let it recover.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and suddenly felt lightheaded again, but did her best to push it away so Lex wouldn’t be able to tell. Okay, so he was probably right about her not being physically ready to trek up the side of a hill, but that didn’t mean that *he* needed to know that.

He sighed as she wobbled a little with the first step she tried to take.

“Not one word,” she warned, cringing when she used her wounded arm to point her finger at him. “The owners of that house obviously didn’t see us, and we basically have *no* chance of getting out of here alive if we don’t get their help, so I’m going.”

“Chl---” Lex stopped talking when Chloe took another step, shakily pointing her finger back at him to remind him about not saying anything.

As much as he hated to see her leave on her own, he was certainly in no condition to go with her. What could he do? Crawl along side her as he drug his broken leg behind him? The idea was less than appealing. And he had to admit that Chloe definitely had a point about needing help. In addition to all of the injuries both of them had sustained, he was feeling substantially dehydrated and suspected that Chloe was as well. It would have done him little good to have brought them to the island in the first place if they were just going to lie down on the beach and die there.

He silently watched her as she slowly made her way across the beach, her feet sinking into the warm sand with unsteady steps as she went. The last he saw of her was when she stopped at the clearing between the trees and turned around to triumphantly smirk at him, indicating that she had obviously found a trail. She disappeared behind the greenery and Lex sighed, wondering whether he was ever going to see her alive again.

Chloe was dizzy and the trail, though it was there, was overgrown and littered with fallen leaves and branches so it was easy to get disoriented and start walking the wrong way, only to see a glimpse of where the trail really was later on. She cursed the entire way up the hill as the plants scratched at her open wounds and the insects of the island immediately took to the scent of blood that was coming off of her.

“Dirt and bugs,” she grumbled to herself. “And dad wonders why I never want to go camping.”

She finally reached a point on the hill where she could see the villa that Lex had been talking about. It still seemed far away, but at least now she wasn’t wandering aimlessly. She also noticed that there was a lush valley down below with a small stream running through it that, according to what little she had learned in Geology, was most likely fresh water.

‘Good to know in case these people won’t help us,’ she thought to herself.

Chloe had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, and by the time she finally reached the house it was only confirmed for her. Despite its elevation away from sea level, it looked like it had been through several storms and was currently vacant.

She frowned as she circled the back of the house to where she found an entryway that looked like it once been covered with French doors, but was now just broken glass and weathered wood.

She carefully stepped over the glass and broken boards as best she could, peeking her head in through the space where the doors used to be to see if perhaps she was wrong and it had just been this latest storm that had damaged the house.

“No such luck,” she muttered to herself under her breath.

There were still pieces of furniture, but most of them were so messed up that no one would ever want to use them, even in times of desperation. She took a chance and tried to turn on the light-switch, only to let out a tiny sigh when nothing happened.

“Figures.”

After looking over the house as much as she could, she noticed that the sun had started to fall. If she didn’t take advantage of what little light was left, she would never make it down the trail before it turned dark – meaning that she would never make it down the trail period, because there was virtually no chance of her taking another step once the lights were turned off. It had been hard enough to navigate in the afternoon sun; she wasn’t about to try it at nighttime.

Lex briefly thought that he would have been pacing if his leg wasn’t broken.

‘Scratch that, I’d be chasing after her,’ he inwardly amended. ‘Or I wouldn’t have let her leave alone in the first place.’ He looked back toward the opening between the trees and growled. Not that he could see much because the sun had gone down quickly and the moon left him only the bare minimum of lighting, but he could see that Chloe wasn’t there.

“Stupid stubborn girl! She probably slipped and fell down the hill - she’s probably lying dead against a tree somewhere. Damn it!”

Lex’s rant drifted over the sounds of the sea, the birds, and the insects, and Chloe found herself stopping dead in her tracks right before she got to the beach. He sounded angry rather than concerned and she wasn’t looking forward to having to break the news about the unoccupied house to him.

‘By the way, we’re going to die,’ she thought morbidly. ‘Yep, that’ll go over well.’ She stood there for a moment before she took another step, cursing at herself when she stepped on a rather large twig and the snapping sound it made echoed through the air. ‘Better play the dumb blonde – or scared blonde anyway – that way he can’t be mad at me; well, no more than he is already.’ “Lex? Are you there?”

Lex’s heart started pounding against the inside of his chest when he heard the twig break, the sound of Chloe’s voice immediately following doing little to calm it down. If anything, his heart rate rose when he heard the frightened lilt of her voice carry out into the night.

“Over here!”

Chloe let out a breath of relief when he called out to her. He was obviously just thankful that she had made it back okay and with any luck she might not receive a horrible lecture on how she shouldn’t have gone off by herself when she had lost so much blood.

“Hey,” she said quietly as she slowly made her way toward the outline of his form.

“Hey,” he responded, hoping that she could tell how relieved he was that she was alright and he wouldn’t need to turn it into an unnecessarily sappy moment by saying so. Then it hit him. She was alone. “What happened?”

Chloe shook her head apologetically as she leaned on her good arm to help her down to a sitting position.

“Nada,” she replied. “Overgrown trail, dizzy spells ---”

“The house,” Lex said impatiently. “What happened with the house?”

“It’s torn apart,” she said quietly. “At least the outside is – although most of the inside doesn’t look all that great either.”

“Shit.”

“Yeah,” she agreed. “Doesn’t look like anybody’s lived there for a while. Sorry.”

Lex rubbed his face with his hands, his fatigue finally setting in again.

“I did see a stream though,” Chloe said, breaking through his exhausted exterior. “It’s in a little valley past the trees. I don’t know for sure, but ---”

“Fresh water,” Lex finished for her.

“That’s what I was thinking,” she confirmed. She twisted her head a little to look back at the entrance to the trail, frowning when she could barely make out anything. “I can’t go back tonight,” she whispered more to herself than to him.

“I wasn’t going to suggest that you do,” Lex said. “I’m actually surprised that you’re still alive after that little stint of yours.”

“Which ‘stint’?” Chloe asked cheekily. “The one where I eavesdropped on your dad and Helen and got caught or the one where I went up to the house after you told me not to?”

“Both.”

Silence seemed to take over as reality hit both of them at the same time. It was one thing to be half-conscious and still clinging to a glimmer of hope; it was another to know that death was now a very real possibility.

“I can go back up in the morning,” Chloe finally said.

“Chloe ---”

“There’s still some stuff up there,” she said. “I don’t know how sanitary it is, but we can rip up some of the sheets to make a splinter for your leg or something --- and don’t arch your eyebrow at me, I’m not a moron – I took a first aid class.”

Lex couldn’t help the chuckle that erupted from his throat.

“I know you’re not a moron, Chloe.”

“Yeah, well, apparently it’s not common knowledge,” she said, a hint of bitter sadness lining her voice.

Lex frowned. Chloe may be stubborn, but he had always known she was intelligent from the first moment that Clark had mentioned her. That anyone would doubt that fact simply because she made decisions they didn’t agree with – it bothered him. It upset him because he saw too much of himself in her and he knew what it was like to have to prove yourself over and over again and still never be completely accepted.

He wanted to reach out and shake her shoulders, tell her that Clark wasn’t worth it – not even as a friend if he couldn’t accept every part of her personality, if he couldn’t get past his moral platitudes to see that her making different decisions than he did didn’t make her any less of a person. But he didn’t. Instead, his mind flitted to that region that his own personal devil’s advocate liked to frequent.

‘Maybe she already realized that Clark is just an ignorant boy. Why do you think she was over at your house in the first place?’

Lex frowned again. It was a good question and one that he didn’t have an answer to.

“Chloe?”

“Yeah?” she replied sleepily. He knew she was tired just from the tone of her voice, let alone the yawn that quickly followed, but he wouldn’t be able to get any rest until he knew either way.

“Why were you at my house?”

“What?”

“You overheard my father and Helen at my house. Why were you there?”

“Oh,” Chloe responded, barely able to keep her eyes open. “Your dad said he wanted to see me.”

“I didn’t realize that you and my father were on speaking terms,” Lex said accusingly.

“The Torch was completely trashed and he paid for the renovations,” Chloe said, leaving out the rest of the details about how Lionel had approached her earlier about investigating Clark.

“Okay,” Lex said in a disbelieving tone. “So, why did he want to see you?”

Chloe let her eyes drift closed and settled against her good arm as she lay down.

“Chloe?”

“Hmm?”

Lex closed his eyes, but only for a second. He couldn’t believe he was about to ask what he was going to ask.

“Are you sleeping with him?”

Chloe opened one eye and turned to look at him.

“You’re joking, right?”

“No.”

“Lex ---”

“Every girlfriend I’ve ever had has slept with him,” he said sourly. “Some before the relationship, some after, some during. So, don’t get angry with me for wanting to know which category you’re in.”

“I’m not in any category,” Chloe responded defensively. “Because I’ve never slept with your dad – nor will I *ever* sleep with your dad, and I’m *not* your girlfriend.”

TBC…

NS Full Member
    Ok, bottom line this one for us: Is there a bed in the broken house? *waggles eyebrows* I love how Lex is putting Chloe into the girlfriend category already. He's a goner and doesn't even know it yet.

Blue

demoness
    :goof: He's not his girlfriend yet ! Maybe soon though! Wonder how they'll deal with things. Great chapter as always!

Tandy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information