+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Deserted (NC-17)

Yes, I am that Fabulous Senior Member tigerbaby's Avatar
    THANK GOD!!!! (does happy dance)

I've seen wood with more chemistry than Lex and the wicked witch of the west.

And I agree with Jackie, Lana has got to be the next to go

Luthien
    Just a Guest!
    Well I hope the shared bed experience, minus the onslaught threat of being murdered, will lead to wonderful and beautiful smut. ^_^ :chlexsign3: :yay:

UPDATE SOON PLEASE :worship2: :yay2:

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: Once again, it's a looong time until it gets to the smut, but I'm trying to update frequently to get you there faster.

~*~*~*~*~

“And where is, uh…um…”

“Helen?”

“Helen. Hmm…”

“Helen’s out of town at a medical seminar. Otherwise I suspect your visit would be putting her anger management techniques to the test.”

The dream flitted to an image of Lex and Helen sitting on the floor as they talked about what had happened with her ex-boyfriend. The night Lex proposed. He realized as he replayed the jumbled scenes in his mind that he should have known that something wasn’t right, that he shouldn’t have let his suspicions go just because Helen ranted at him about having her followed. After all, she *had* been seen in the pictures with Lionel. Lex unknowingly gritted his teeth as he slept, watching the past unfold before him, tortured by the fact that he couldn’t change it.

“So what do you say, Dr. Bryce? Will you marry me?”

Helen smiled a forced smile and touched his face, but gave no answer before Lex leaned forward and started to kiss her.

When he pulled away, Helen’s face and body had contorted into the bloody, gruesome mess that Chloe had briefly described to him earlier that day.

“*You* were the one who was supposed to die! *You*!” she yelled angrily in a distorted voice. Lex scrambled backward and quickly rose to his feet, but Helen’s half-eaten corpse seemed to float off the ground and stare at him with a vengeful expression. “You ruined my fucking life!”

“I – I didn’t – I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Lex stammered in horror, still trying to back his way toward the door, but having no success.

“One stupid case! I was set to go into plastic surgery, but no! I had to end up getting you on my rotation that night. A sniveling, spoiled brat who, because of my sleep depravity, I thought I could make a difference for. Then I started thinking I could make a difference in other people’s lives…”

“That’s a good thing, Helen. You helped a lot of people,” Lex said, shaking his head to try and return the image of her into the beautiful woman she was just moments before.

“It was all a lie, Lex! I never helped you. You’re still the same self-centered rich kid I met that night in the emergency room. Because of you, my dad blackballed me from the medical community. I had to end up working in *Smallville*! You deserved to die – and you will.”

Suddenly Lex found himself back on the plane, plummeting toward the ocean below. But this time Chloe wasn’t there, he had no flotation device, and he felt the shards of glass and metal slice into his skin as the plane hit the water.

Lex’s eyes shot open, his skin covered with a sheer layer of sweat and his chest heaving as he panted for breath. He mentally reminded himself that the dream hadn’t been real and that Helen was dead and had no way of exacting any kind of revenge on him. He looked around the dark room in brief confusion until he started to raise his hands to rub his face and one of his arms hit Chloe’s body. His heart pounded faster behind his ribs and after a second of gazing down at her, he tightened his grip around her shoulders.

He had heard her the night before on the beach, stirring in her sleep, even getting up on occasion; but there was no point in rehashing the nightmares that she was obviously having. God knew he didn’t want to talk about his, he couldn’t imagine that hers were any better – especially now that he knew what she was talking about when she said that something bad had happened in the house, and that she had been the one to see Helen’s dead body crashing into the rocks down the beach.

The reality of the situation finally hit Lex hard. He and Chloe had been in a plane crash and were lucky to be alive, even if it was with severe injuries. Nobody knew where they were, and because of Lionel’s connections, it was likely that no one was looking.

‘No. That’s not true,’ Lex told himself. ‘Clark will look for her. He and I might not be on the best of terms right now, but he *will* look for *Chloe*.’ He felt her partially chilled body snuggle closer to him and he let the smallest of grins pass over his lips, knowing that she wouldn’t be quite so comfortable if she consciously knew who she was leaning against.

She whimpered and her head started shaking, but Lex could tell that she was still dreaming from the rapid movement behind her eyelids. Someday he would need to ask her about what images her nightmares held, but not now.

“Where could she have gone? Aren’t you even worried?”

“Of course I’m a little worried, Martha, but Chloe is a big girl and she can take care of herself…usually,” Gabe said with a grin. “Besides, she’s probably just off chasing a story and forgot to leave a note.”

“Well, I suppose that *is* possible,” Martha conceded with an uneasy smile. “And I’m sure that Clark and her other friends are doing everything they can to find her.”

~*~*~

“So, where’d Chloe take off to?” Pete asked.

Lana snuggled up to Clark, tightening her grip on his arm as if subconsciously claiming him away from the girl in question.

“She didn’t say, but probably Metropolis,” Lana said. “Her cousins and stuff are there.”

“Yeah,” Clark agreed. “It’ll be good for her to see her friends again, maybe they can figure out why she’s been so…”

“Bitchy?” Lana suggested sweetly. Clark raised an eyebrow and grinned at her.

“Well, I was going to put it a little nicer, but yeah.”

“Yeah, can’t imagine why she’d be all hostile toward you two at all,” Pete mumbled to himself.

“It’s not my fault she likes me, Pete,” Clark said.

“True,” Pete agreed. “It’s just your fault that both of you treat her like crap.”

“Pete!” Lana exclaimed in disbelief.

“Hey – you don’t want her as part of your ‘bubble’, that’s cool; but if that’s the case then you need to stop using her.”

“We don’t ---”

“Hello?” Pete said, cutting Clark off. “You totally take advantage of her. She’s not Google, Clark – do your own damn research if you don’t want her around.” He stopped and cast a scolding look at Lana. “And you - the girl offered up her house to you even though she never liked you. And how do you repay her? Snoop on her computer? Lie to her?” Pete shook his head despairingly. “I hope her friends in Metropolis can talk some sense into her – because she sure as hell deserves more than what your inclusive little world can offer.”

Chloe started to cry in her sleep, tiny tears slipping down her cheeks as she dreamt a twisted version of how people in Smallville were probably reacting to her mysterious disappearance.

Lex frowned and brought up his hand to sweep away her tears with his thumb. Chloe sniffled.

“I love you,” she half-whispered.

Lex’s eyes grew wide and he was certain that his heart had stopped beating. He knew that she wasn’t talking to him; that most likely she was talking to a dream vision of Clark, and because of the sadness with which it came out, Lex guessed it wasn’t a good dream.

He suddenly felt guilty for ever trying to set up Clark with Lana when Clark had Chloe – beautiful, intelligent, interesting Chloe – all along. And Chloe loved him - *really* loved him. She obviously wasn’t interested in Clark for his money or power, since he had neither; if anything, she had been the giving one in the relationship, trying to get Clark interested in something besides joining the football team by letting him write some articles for the school paper.

Lex fleetingly thought back to when he thought Helen would be able to save him from the man he thought he was becoming. Closed off, jaded, unable to trust…and for a time, he believed that she was doing it. That by throwing her tantrums and breaking him down she was helping him to become a better person. Lex groaned at his own stupidity.

Real love was the only thing that would have been able to save him; real love that was supportive and accepting no matter what, real love that would have built him up instead of weakening every part of him until only a shell of who he had once been was left, real love like Chloe apparently had for Clark and Clark had thrown away in favor of a perfect girl who wasn’t anything near perfect.

Chloe opened her puffy eyes so see Lex looking down at her. She blinked a couple of times, not surprised to see that the sun hadn’t completely come up yet, but surprised that Lex had woken up before her.

‘Must have been the extra long nap,’ she thought to herself.

“Hey.”

“Good morning,” Lex retorted, loosening his hold on her a little bit so she wouldn’t be creeped out. Chloe pulled back as if she had been burned and Lex frowned, thinking that he had been too late with the movement.

“God! I’m sorry! I didn’t hurt you, did I?” Chloe asked, her eyes frantically running over his bare side.

Lex stared blankly at her for a second before he realized that she hadn’t been appalled to find herself snuggled up to him, but she had been leaning against his wounded side and was worried about him.

“Actually, it feels better,” he said as he looked down at the injury.

“You don’t have to say that to make me feel better.”

Lex met her eyes and gave her a half-smirk.

“When have you ever known a Luthor to say something just to make someone feel better?” he asked. Chloe’s expression went from depressed to serious in the space of a second.

“Depends on the Luthor,” she replied. Lex furrowed his brow and then narrowed his eyes.

“You’re talking about my father,” he observed. Chloe seemed to flinch, but rather than let Lex see the emotions that came across her face, she stood up and turned her back to him as she scanned the floor for the second bucket of water she had left up there. “I get the feeling that you’re not telling me everything.”

He heard Chloe take a deep breath and then release it, only to turn back to him with watery eyes.

“It’s better that way,” she said in a choked voice.

“Why?”

Chloe paused for a second before answering, staring down at her hands as she fidgeted with her fingers.

“Because you’ll hate me.”

“Chloe, I could never --- what is it?”

“Your dad,” she started, noticing how Lex’s body stiffened.

“What about him?” Lex asked, not liking where he thought this might be going. He knew Chloe hadn’t been entirely honest about her ‘meeting’ with his father, but he had decided to let it go at the time. Now he wasn’t sure he wanted to ever hear what she had to say, because if she was going to talk about how Lionel had seduced her…

“He offered me something – a deal.”

“Go on.”

“I turned him down, told him to stick it – well, I wasn’t nice when I rejected him,” she said, waiting for Lex to comment. When he didn’t, she took a breath and continued. “He wanted me to investigate Clark for him. I told him no, but then a couple weeks later I found out that Clark and Lana were together and that they had both been lying to my face about it --- I was angry and --- I went to the house to tell him that I’d do it. I don’t know if I ever would have told him what I’d found out, but I was angry and curious and ---”

“That’s it?” Lex asked, unable to hide the surprised relief lining his voice.

“That’s not enough?” Chloe asked with a sour half-chuckle.

“Chloe, you saved my life.”

“So has Clark.”

“It’s different.”

“How?”

“That night on the bridge,” Lex started, looking completely serious as he met Chloe’s questioning gaze, “I hit him, Chloe.”

“What?”

“I hit him with my car and the force of it knocked us both over the bridge,” Lex said. “He thought he was responsible, and because of that mixed with his hero complex - he saved me.” Chloe opened her mouth to speak, but Lex cut her off. “You, on the other hand, could have grabbed one seat and jumped out of the plane, incurring substantially less damage to yourself.”

Chloe found herself stunned and moved back to sit next to him on the wooden loveseat.

“You hit him.”

“Yes.”

Chloe nodded a couple of times.

“Well, that explains a lot.”

TBC…

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    Oh this is interesting. I think a certain farmboy will be in deep trouble when the duo comes back to smallville *evil grin* Update soon, I want to see what happens next!

hugs,
    Sabby

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Noo why did you stop? I want more man,,,, :crygreen:

Hope :worship2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    Veddy veddy good. i like it. i like it a lot.

i ummmmm, hehe, you know i want the smut so bad i can taste it.

~B

asharnanae
    Just a Guest!
    :biggrin: you the super story writer!!! can I borrow some of the inspreation juice??? :worship2:

odd duck
    I'm glad Cloe tod him, and I'm glad that he took it so well. Great job Kris, update soon!

shailafter
    Just a Guest!
    oOoo what happens next?! :chlexsign3:

demoness
    Well, i'm glad Chloe told him about the deal and that he doesn't think it's that bad. The fic is wonderful!

Tandy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information