+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hemorrhaging for Love, PG-13 (5 sept 2007)

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Hemorrhaging for Love, PG-13 (5 sept 2007)

Hemorrhaging for Love
    PG-13
    Complete
    Spoilers: Up to Season 6

Disclaimer: I don't own the show or the characters, and I'm not making money. I'm just keeping my rapier wit sharp and pointed at Lexana.

Distribution: I have posted these stories and have control of them on this site. I don't want them to be posted anywhere else unless I'm the one posting them. Please take down my stories if you have them posted on another archive site. I understand I can't stop you from doing this but I hope by asking politely you'll respect my work and my wishes. If anyone has more comfort and convenience saving the text of a story to their own computer, I have no problem with that.

A/N: This is a sequel to Bleeding for Love, the continuation of the Chlex plan to stop Lex's wedding to Lana. You'll need to read that one first. http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/...077#post222077

Hemorrhaging for Love

The giant marshmallow wedding dress was even more ridiculous in the drab hospital, ceiling lights causing the princess white shade to look dingy and wrinkled. Her short little arms crossed over her chest and angry expression made her look like a jilted T-Rex. Chloe had never been so willing and docile during a hospital stay – for once the joke was hers on someone else.

Lana Lang looked closely at her fiance through glass plastered with various biohazard seals, her face amusingly showing between two large quarantine stickers. Lex Luthor did his best to look both contrite and nervous but he was certainly the happiest patient of Smallville Medical Center's Infectious Disease Unit. He was paying roughly the price of a five-star presidential suite in Metropolis to enjoy thin sheets, tepid showers, observation windows, 24-hour nursing staff and all the scratchy poly-blend cotton gowns and scrubs he could want.

It must be the company, he mused.

He looked over to the second bed in the room, where Chloe Sullivan was giving her deathly ill impression. For once bad hospital lighting was in their favour, because it made her look sallow and slightly jaundiced. The fake blood had been washed from her face and she was bored out of her mind, but that had given her more time and impetus to perfect her limp appearance. She was currently playing the role she had dubbed 'drifting in and out of consciousness Chloe.' There was also 'bravely fighting for life Chloe,' who was more awake but gravely ill. 'Goodbye cruel world Chloe' was her final words, painstakingly scripted and accompanied by loving smiles and philosophical pauses. She didn't intend to fake her death but she believed in being thorough.

He returned his attention to Lana before she caught the adoration he felt for the blond showing on his face. He'd allowed Chloe to put blush on him to replicate a fevered flush and he didn't want to waste it.

“Viral hemorrhagic fever,” she lisped, her face upturned in frustration. “I can't believe Chloe would do this to me!”

Lex's eyes widened and he nearly laughed. He knew his fiance was not a generous, broad-minded soul, but he expected a little more in the way of concern. Here he was, perhaps dying in the effort to save her friend's life, and subjected to whining.

“Chloe couldn't have known when she took an interview that the man's coughing was a symptom of anything other than a cold,” he defended. “She certainly didn't mean to spread it to everyone she's seen in the past week. Look at her, she's suffering. She might die.”

He enjoyed seeing just how miserly Lana's compassion really was. The blond reporter let out a stream of lung-rattling coughs and he glanced over and wondered if she held her breath to go red in the face. She had decided to increase her acting to 'fighting bravely for life Chloe.'

“Should I get a doctor,” he dramatized with her. “Are your lungs still hurting?”

He stood next to her bed and she reached out for his hand. “Don't bother him. He needs to run the tests to find out what I have. Even if it's too late for me I want you to be saved.”

Lana's scoff through the window sounded far off, and Lex turned back to her.

“Sweetheart, I think Chloe does need the doctor in here and I want to stay next to her in case she needs the oxygen mask. Today was supposed to be your wedding day and you shouldn't have to spend it in an uncomfortable waiting room,” he said emotionally. “Why don't you go home where you'll be comfortable?”

Her responding pout nearly cracked the glass and he shot a harsh look as Chloe turned a snicker into another dramatic cough. He crammed the oxygen mask over her face before her smirk ruined his vacation from Lana. Breaking off the engagement was going to be messy and loud – he needed to rest up first.

Chloe frantically punched the call button and continued making noises that sounded pretty close to actual peril. He held both her hands as the nurses rushed in. They were rather good actresses themselves, or maybe they forgot periodically that they were just pretending. The doctor arrived, whipping the stethoscope down from his neck and tugging the neck of Chloe's hospital gown down to listen.

“Could you close the curtains,” Chloe choked out.

Lana disappeared as the nurse drew pastel striped curtains over the window. Lex chuckled and pulled his girlfriend's hospital gown back up, tying it behind her neck. “Thanks. In about half an hour I'll have you leave and tell Ms. Lang you had to sedate Chloe for the rest of the day to help her breathing. Tell her you've done the same for me as a precaution while you do more tests and urge her to go home and sleep because we won't know anything more until tomorrow.”

He sat on the edge of Chloe's bed as she removed her oxygen mask.

“I have more fake blood,” she volunteered. “I think at least one of you should leave with some blood stains.”

One of the nurses reached for a capsule. “I'm off shift in an hour. You can dump it on me and make it look really gruesome,” she grinned.

Lana apparently had been making as many friends in the nursing staff as she had in the staff at the castle. When the doctor and both nurses left, one with blood-stains wetting her entire front, Lex climbed in bed with his savior.

“Things would be so much easier if you could man up and dump Lana a month before the wedding instead of the day,” she supplied dryly. “Now I've made myself hoarse trying to keep up your cover story.”

He shook his head against the pillow. “But you said you liked the thrills, darling. I was just making it as exciting as possible.”

She inched away and reached for her cup of water on the bedside table. Lex helpfully untied her hospital gown and she looked over her shoulder scathingly.

“You realize with all the Lana groping you're damaged goods now?”

He kissed her neck. “But I'm still so pretty and talented and you can help me figure out my big dumping speech. I'll say one superfluously mean thing, just for you.”

Chloe suddenly became cuddly and affectionate.

“Any mean thing?”

She'd done the right thing in saving him, even if it took him until midnight the night before his doom to wise up. There was always time to teach him normal person logic and beat the obsessive rich guy logic out of him. It was just too bad they couldn't light candles without setting off the hospital's smoke detectors.
    Last edited by nonky; 18th July 2008 at 06:12.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Hemorrhaging for Love, PG-13

Omg, I love this!!!! Excellent! Can't wait to read more.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

You either have to continue or make another shot because I want to read the dumping scene. Or maybe now would be a good time for Lana to go to heaven to save the unicorns. The things Chloe will do for Lex to prove she loves him are crazy and funny. Lana shows that she can be both stupid for buying it and a bitch for managing not to care. Where's Clark complaining that Lex gets to be in the sick room with Chloe?

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    You either have to continue or make another shot because I want to read the dumping scene.
    There will be a third part and it will involve Chloe's 'evidence' to back up Lex's desire to break up with Lana. I don't think it's giving away too much to tell you it's horse related.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Oh MY! This was hilarious. It was even better than the first chapter, probably because in this update, I could actually feel Lex’s contrition about his stupidity and cowardice, and the intense relief he felt about being ‘saved’ right at the nick of time.

It was so cute how Lex was literally hiding from LANA (of all people) by posting himself behind the skirts of a bunch of sympathetic doctors, nurses and an equal parts bemused and fuming Chloe Sullivan. It was actually quite brilliant of Lex to ‘quarantine’ himself away from Lana, until he actually worked up the balls to ‘finally’ break up with her.

I’m looking forward to seeing just WHY he was so terrified of a Lana-confrontation. I want Lana to suffer, but I also want her to make the break up as whiny, shrill and shriekingly difficult for Lex as possible. Basically, the only person I want to enjoy the experience of the Lexana breakup is Chloe… who just grins as she watches the spectacular show of Lana shrieking and Lex cringing from the sidelines.

He looked over to the second bed in the room, where Chloe Sullivan was giving her deathly ill impression. For once bad hospital lighting was in their favour, because it made her look sallow and slightly jaundiced. The fake blood had been washed from her face and she was bored out of her mind, but that had given her more time and impetus to perfect her limp appearance. She was currently playing the role she had dubbed 'drifting in and out of consciousness Chloe.' There was also 'bravely fighting for life Chloe,' who was more awake but gravely ill. 'Goodbye cruel world Chloe' was her final words, painstakingly scripted and accompanied by loving smiles and philosophical pauses. She didn't intend to fake her death but she believed in being thorough.
    This was my favourite part. I was ROTFLMAO at hearing Chloe’s cute descriptions for all the different ‘phases’ she had planned out for her hospital stay. It’s just so adorable that she’d even planned out a deathbed scene, even though there was very little chance of her actually using it. And I thought Lex was obsessive in his planning… heh, but then again, his latest near-disaster with Lana shows that he doesn’t really think things out even half as well as he probably believes…. Good thing Chloe is there to help get him out when he gets in over his head. LOL!

I just loved the way Lana had the nerve to ask ‘how could Chloe do this to her?’. Granted, she was actually correct that Chloe had actually planned all this to ruin her ‘special day’, but there was no way for her to actually know that. LOL! Oh, the ironies of that ‘woe is me’ statement. And I really liked how that Lex was seeing her at her most stupid, useless, selfish worst… It gave him yet another opportunity to appreciate exactly what Chloe had saved him from.

And I was ROTFLMAO at the way that the nurses were practically salivating at the chance to get in on the joke, just for the chance to really rub the ‘direness’ of the situation in Lana’s face. Not that Lana would care that Chloe was possibly dying, but she WOULD care that Chloe is the centre of attention on this day.

“You realize with all the Lana groping you're damaged goods now?”

He kissed her neck. “But I'm still so pretty and talented and you can help me figure out my big dumping speech. I'll say one superfluously mean thing, just for you.”
    I loved this part… Lex is showing a proper, decent amount of gratitude and contrition over here. I really enjoyed how Chloe warned him that he was ‘damaged goods’ and would have to work really hard to get of the ‘taint’ of Lana and get back into Chloe’s good books. And it was so sweet that Lex immediately told her (in such endearing, sweet, cute and funny wording) that he would be willing to do whatever was necessary to get back into Chloe’s good graces. AND he admitted that Chloe was most definitely the brains of the Chlex couple… Hopefully he won’t be getting himself embroiled in stupid schemes again… at least, not without Chloe’s explicit approval. LOL!

I’m looking forward to seeing the final break-up. Especially seeing what kinds of cruel things Chloe peppers into Lex’s breakup speech. Oooh, I really hope Lana scratches… just a ‘little’ bit. I want to see blood drawn from Lex… He deserves a little physical mark for the intense stupidity and cowardice he threw himself into.

Excellent new chapter, Nonky. I look forward to more. Update soon? And how goes Trauma? And Lo2E? heh, I’m getting obsessive about asking about those two, aren’t I? You know it’s all YOUR fault for making those two so deliciously angsty and dramatic. Please update soon.

Love, love, love this. Oh, the things Chloe will do for love. Or is it hate of Lana?

Quote Originally Posted by nonky View Post
    There will be a third part and it will involve Chloe's 'evidence' to back up Lex's desire to break up with Lana. I don't think it's giving away too much to tell you it's horse related.
    Just the thought of where you could possibly take this already has me giggling.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Loved it.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Kill Lana

*he he* lovely story. I can only see the two of them trying to pull off something sooo hilarious! i love their hijinks!

Loved it! Chloe's acting was hilarious...Lex was adorable....Their so cute together.

Can't wait till for the Lexana break-up...I hope Lex suffers a little bit, for being a coward, by making Chloe help him escape his wedding to Lana.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Lmao too funny! Great story!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information