+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) finished 4/6/08

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 14th November 2007

Chapter 6
    It`s so sweet how Lex took care of Chloe, gave her a sponge bath and then told Lex that he loves her

I`m loving it

Chapter 7
    I didn`t understand why the hell she went crazy on Lex because he said he love her. But I`m glad that she kissed him after all the yelling.
    Malu

What a great story!

Loved the set up, with Lex willing to be there for Chloe. And the injury was wonderfully angst filled and then – bonus! Gave Lex a reason to care for her. Tender Lex is a beautiful thing.

I loved seeing his patience as he was willing to nurse Chloe back to health and the fact that he not only said he loved her, but in front of Gabe was fantastic.

Chloe’s meltdown was perfect and very much in character considering her issues and I love the fact that she practically jumped him.

I am, of course, looking forward to the love making, not just for the smut, but also to see how you work out the logistics of that kind of activity considering her injuries and the fact that they’re in a garage.

Just for the record, despite my pleas to the contrary, doing it on Gabe’s car is only going to get them in trouble. Although, come to think of it, Gabe’s probably going to figure out what they’re up to and that will be a lovely dinner conversation. Lol

Great work, can’t wait for more.

~Sarah~

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

A/N - all the responses are SOOOO appreciated and thought about. This will answer some of your questions and hopefully I have done justice to skauble's suggestion. Keep responding and I'll keep writing.

The Halftime Show

Lex pulled his hands from the sides of the refrigerator and cupped the back of her head. Closing his eyes, he could feel her tongue slip into his mouth and move to deepen the kiss between them. His head swam with excitement. Slowing her down, he maneuvered his tongue inside her lips and felt her shiver in his hands.

Chloe’s hands moved down his neck and again ran along the front of his chest, feeling for all the slight ripples of his defined body. She shivered at the small movements of his mouth and the gentleness of his hands caressing her head.

Lex pulled out of the kiss and slid one hand around to her back and down one shoulder. Looking at her again, he stopped. “What the hell is happening here?” He spoke soft so Chloe knew it wasn’t worded out of anger; there was something else.

Chloe leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. “You said you loved me, and to get out of dealing with dad, I went off on you where I could get you alone.”

Lex backed up where he could see her clearly. “You mean this whole argument that we just had was to escape your dad?”

Chloe looked irritated at the sudden idiocy of who she thought was the smartest person in Smallville. She continued rubbing his chest with her hands and smiled. “Ok, so maybe I don’t scheme to get ahead in the world like some people but my little plan worked. We’re alone, but like I said, I would have rather have this fight in the bedroom.”

Lex backed up and looked at her. She was stunning with her hair damp and her still black eye. He was actually proud of finally having someone that cared for him that was as tough, and in ways tougher, than he was. He looked around the garage and thought.

“Chloe, I know you your pain meds are kicking in and you feel like you’re on top of the world right now, but you are not in shape, and you know what the doctors told you.”

Chloe stood up away from the frig and gingerly walked toward Lex. “Let me make my own decisions about what I feel ok?” Chloe walked around to the back of the vehicle and seductively called for Lex.

Coming around the corner, he saw her pointing innocently to the backdoor of her father’s SUV. “Chloe, this is …”

Chloe ran her hands along Lex’s arms, down his chest, and grabbed his already hard cock. “Look, I’m assuming you haven’t been with anyone in the last week, or at least I’m hoping that’s the case. And I really need something or I might just explode.” Chloe leaned against the door of the SUV, almost panting her words. “For me; if we get caught, I’ll take the blame since it is my idea.”

She watched as Lex suddenly seemed unsure of himself and looked around. Grabbing his collar, she pulled him into a swift kiss and then pushed him back. “Look Mr. Nervous, I locked the garage door and the entrance. Just be quiet.” Chloe moved out of the way of the door and watched as Lex opened the back hatch.

“Are you sure you’re up for this?” Lex admitted to himself that he was in love with the woman, but he didn’t want to hurt her. He watched as Chloe climbed carefully inside the back of the SUV and leaned against the seat. Lex climbed up beside her and lowered the back seat down where she could lay back some. Looking up at him, she smiled. “I don’t want to hurt you,” he said nervously.

“Then don’t. Let’s just say that between the breasts and the waist is off limits.” She smiled bigger and gritted her teeth to keep herself from laughing. She flitted with a button on his shirt as a signal to take it off. Then she stopped suddenly, dropping her playful nature.

Sensing the change in her demeanor, Lex stopped rubbing her soft arm. “What? Chloe?”

Chloe looked up at him and rubbed his face once more. “Tell me.” She paused watching for his reaction of confusion. “Lex, tell me what you told my dad.” She almost looked sad, scared that he would have changed his mind.

Leaning over her face, brushing her hair back into a fan, he softly ran his fingers down her cheek and kissed her lightly on the lips. “I love you Chloe,” he whispered. He sighed and pulled his hand back but felt Chloe grab it in response.

“I love you too; I just didn’t want to be the first to admit it since you didn’t seem receptive to love.” A tear ran down the side of her cheek and she felt Lex wipe it off her face. He took the same hand and ran his fingers gently over her shirt down the center of her chest, carefully staying between her breasts since he knew where her bruising was the worst. Leaning over, he kissed her deeply, balancing over her. He could feel his temperature rise and knew that she could feel his hardness pressed up against her thigh.

He was not sure how he was going to make it through the evening pleasuring her quickly where Gabe would not get suspicious, much less make it out of her house to take care of himself. He wasn’t going to worry Chloe with such a task. Carefully he slipped his mouth away from her and kissed her down the right side of her neck, crawling himself out of the back of the vehicle at the same time. He made sure only to touch her right side.

He watched her eyes as they went from opened to closed and her eyelids fluttered at each of his touches. She would stay completely clothed and above her waist was off limits, he told himself. Getting out of the back of the car, he straddled her feet on the bumper and slipped his fingers into the waistband of her sweats.

Chloe’s head popped up, and she sighed watching Lex pull her sweats down to her ankles. Laying her head back down, she started to breathe harder feeling Lex run his fingers up and down the inside of her thighs. Lifting his head up to meet her eyes, he nodded. “You’re going to have to stay calm or I’m not doing this. I’m not going to hurt you.”

Chloe sighed, “Not hurting me. No problems here.” Lex laughed lightly at her half breathy comments as he continued to softly touch her. He could feel her temperature rise again but this time was not a fever. He watched as Chloe carefully scooted further down in the vehicle, making her easy to access. He knew now that he really was not able to leave until he gave her what she wanted.

Running his fingers inside of her legs again, he pulled one leg of her sweats off and draped it on the bumper. Starting at her knee, he kissed the inside of her right leg up to her folds. Looking over her midsection, he caught Chloe’s eyes. “Exactly how long have you been waiting for this?” he whispered jokingly while lightly touching her wetness.

“Waiting, too long,” she panted as she nodded her head. “Wanted you this morning, dreamt about you.” She grabbed his hand in hers and positioned his fingers on her clit.

Lex nodded and continued letting her guide his one hand in small circles over her clit. He ran his other hand down her arm as a way to clam her from getting too excited. His cock continued to twitch irritatingly in his pants as Chloe started to loosen her grip from his fingers. Pulling out of her grip he eased up further against the car bumper, pressing his now throbbing cock into an uncomfortable position between him and the bumper. He hoped it would take the strain off , kill his impulse to take her all.

“Lex,” she panted. “Need to feel you,” Chloe whimpered.

Lex watched as her hands grabbed the backseat seatbelt and the other upright seat. Smiling, Lex ran both hands between her thighs and parted her wet folds once more with his fingers before licking the inside of her thighs to tease her. Rounding his hands carefully around her hips to hold her in place, Lex kissed her inside thighs, just barely out of reach of her clit.

Feeling her try to buck, Lex held her hips in place. “Chloe, you have to be still. Don’t make me stop because I’m afraid of hurting you.” He felt Chloe’s body loosen under his grip and he licked the inside her thighs again, this time running the very edge of his tongue along one of her folds.

“Oh Lex,” she panted, waiting for what was coming.

Lex backed up a moment and watched Chloe as she continued saying his name. Opening her eyes, she caught a glimpse of his smile and returned the look. “Don’t stop please.” Lex lowered his head again in between her thighs and felt Chloe’s hand press down gently on his head. Massaging his head, he could feel the rhythm that Chloe wanted and responded.

Leaning into her, he licked up the left side of her wet folds and back down the right two more times. He could barely eye her insides becoming redder and fuller in anticipation. Taking her clit gently in his teeth, he teased the nubs with his tongue before releasing his teeth’s grip. “God, where you learn … oh Lex,” she continued to pant repeatedly.

Looking up momentarily, he eyed her and rubbed his hands along her side to calm her down again. “Chloe honey, you think we should stop?”

Grabbing Lex’s hand, she intertwined her fingers with his. Chloe lifted her head up slightly and begged, “I want to come… so bad. Please.”

Lex smiled and lowered his head and continued running his tongue inside her wetness, moving deeper into her through every motion. He could feel her slightly buck underneath his hands as she returned to guiding his motions with her hand. Taking another bite, he sucked her clit into the depths of his mouth and plunged his tongue deep into her as she let out a small whimper before covering her mouth.

Pulling up from her, he licked his wet lips. “Come for me Chloe, come for me.”

“Don’t…want … to…yet.”

Lex applied a slight bit more pressure and covered her entirety with his mouth, sucking gently in between each lap of his tongue. Feeling Chloe’s grip intensify, he increased the motion of his tongue and carefully took her right breast in his hand while holding her still with the other.

Chloe watched as Lex kneaded her breast without hesitation and yet avoided all the bruising just to side of it. She gulped and kept from holding her breath. Her heart beat more rapidly as she moved her hand along his head and down the side of his face. She couldn’t see him buried in her. Her body was screaming to move. Her left side started to hurt, but she ignored the pain. She resigned herself to not having Lex in her. He was going to take her willingly; he loved her and wanted this.

She felt his teeth take her folds and lick between them and then his mouth opened up once more to plunge his tongue deep into her depths. She couldn’t hold it anymore. “Lex, I…” She couldn’t finish her statement and felt her body shake dizzyingly. Grabbing the seat and belt again, she felt her body shake under Lex’s grip as a warm sensation ran through her. She could feel the numbness in her knees as her body released another wave of warmth.

Taking a careful deep breath, she lowered her hands to her sides and closed her eyes. She continued concentrating on her breathing, trying to ignore the pain that suddenly came over her. Looking up, she now saw Lex pull up the end of his shirt tail and dab his mouth like a person would after a good meal.

Lex hooked his fingers into her pants and returned them to their original position. Leaning back in the SUV next to her, Lex propped himself up on one hand, taking her hand in the other. “You ok?”

“Better than ok.” Chloe winced. “Ok, maybe a little pain, but nothing could have kept me from enjoying that. Now, I’m just really dizzy.” Chloe looked over at Lex who kept staring at her, leaning over her. “Lex, you look funny, almost relaxed. You’re worrying me.” Chloe giggled slightly and winced again.

Lex continued running his thumb up and down Chloe’s hand. “Relaxed? Me?” He smirked at her on purpose. “Nah.” He let go of her hand and balanced over her. Bending down, he kissed her and felt her arm go around his neck. Opening his mouth, he let her taste herself on his mouth.

Pushing him back, she smiled. “I think it’s my turn.” Chloe gingerly sat up and looked at Lex’s obvious pleasure he got from having her. Sliding out of the back of the vehicle, she grasped the bumper to stay upright. Lex watched as she positioned herself and then carefully eyed where her face was in relation to the car.

“Chloe, you don’t have…” Chloe pointed at him as if to hush as she looked around the garage. Grabbing the step stool in the corner, she sat down on it and motioned for Lex to come to her.

“Throw your leg over and come here.” Lex laughed as she did but moved to where she could easily reach him without straining herself or touching the bumper. Pleading with her to be careful, “Chloe, you really don’t have to do anything.”

“Nonsense,” she teased as she ran her hands up his legs and undid his belt. Lex leaned back, realizing her was not going to win the battle with Chloe. She was going to pay him back regardless of how she felt. Sighing, he rolled his head back and closed his eyes as she gently tugged his cock from his now overly restraining pants.

Chloe lowered her mouth over him and felt the warmth inside her body increase again. She looked up at Lex, who rolled his head and closed his eyes. She felt his hand entwine in her hair as she slowly began to go up and down on his shaft. “Chloe,” he moaned as she continued moving back and forth.

Chloe took a deep breath and moved again to the base of his cock, trying hard to take the mass in. She had never tried this before and hoped he wasn’t too upset. Forgetting to breathe, she stopped and gagged a little before continuing.

Lex cupped her face and pulled her back, jolting at the pop her mouth gave when letting go. “Chloe, you don’t have to do this. This doesn’t make me love you any more or less.”

Chloe covered her mouth with both of her hands and choked back her tears. Covering her face, she watched through her fingers Lex re-adjust and do himself up. Pulling himself up to the edge of the bumper, he laid Chloe’s head down on his knee. She noticed he had lost his urge and burst into tears thinking it was her fault.

Lex rubbed his fingers repeatedly through her hair and whispered over and over, “I love you. Don’t cry about this.” Lex lifted Chloe’s head where she could see him. He wiped her cheek and cupped her face.

“But…the other women…they can…but you chose me…I can’t…I never…” Chloe fell into his lap again and sobbed harder, not being able to finish her thought. She could picture other women sucking his cock until he would come for them. With every image, she buried herself deeper into his leg.

Lex leaned over and rubbed his hand down her back and continued to calm her. Whispering in her ear, he reassured her, “You are the most amazing woman. I don’t want you to ever compare yourself with anyone.” Lifting her head up, she looked at Lex once more. Rubbing his hand down her cheek, he smiled at her, “As for the act per se, it takes time.” Leaning in closer, he kissed her lightly on the lips. “And I for one think we have all the time in the world to perfect … us.”

Chloe rubbed the back of her head and wiped away her remaining tears. A forced smile came across her face as she touched the sides of Lex’s face. “I…”

“Chloe, honey? Are you two ok? You’ve been in there for awhile?”

Chloe’s eyes grew almost out of their sockets, forgetting about her dad. She stood up and pushed the step stool back into place. Eyeing Lex, she saw he was all put back together. Pulling her hair back into her ponytail, she took a deep breath and quietly pulled the hook out of the garage door. Sitting back in the SUV, she watched Lex pull the backseat into place and then pull the garage door up.

Gabe came around the corner of the garage and caught Lex leaning back against the bumper of his SUV. “Honey, you look like you were crying?” Gabe glared at Lex and took Chloe’s face in his hands. “And you’re warm honey. You need to get to bed.”

“Dad, I’m fine. Lex and I were talking. Trying to get some things out in the air.” Chloe took her father’s hand and slid out of the SUV. Leaning against the edge of the garage, she watched Lex close the vehicle door.

“And? What did you two come up with in your very long discussion?” Gabe was suspicious. He knew better than to leave the two alone for the amount of time he had. He trusted his daughter but didn’t trust her friend, at least not completely. Gabe thought about his wording, friend. He needed to know.

Chloe looked at Lex nervously. Turning back to her father she held her hand out to Lex. Taking her hand, Lex slid in between her and the garage door facing. Laying his hands gently on either of her shoulders, he gently soothed her. He knew she wanted to tell her dad but was nervous as hell.

“Dad, we’ll talk about this later. I was just going to say goodnight and get to bed. I need some more pain medication.” Chloe slipped out of Lex’s hands and turned to face him.

Lex leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. Grabbing her hand one last time, he squeezed it and smiled. “Get some rest. I’ll call you tomorrow.” Looking back at Gabe, he added without sound, “I love you.”

Letting go of her hand, he calmly started down the driveway, eyeing the new arrivals. “Gabe. Clark. Lana.”

Chloe watched as Lex drove away and then eyed the three now standing and staring at her. “Clark, Lana. How long have you been there?”

Clark looked at Chloe, “Long enough.”

TBC

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 24th November 2007

Excellent update! Love how Lex didn;t want to hurt Chloe & was so patient with her . Hopefully she'll recover soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Awww Lex is so great and perfect with Chloe. I love that he comforted her. So what do Clark and Lana know?

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Aww that was sweet and Clark and Blana can get bent.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Great update
    Lex is so sweet. Chloe`s a lucky woman
    Malu

NS Full Member

Talking Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 24th November 2007

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    Aww that was sweet and Clark and Blana can get bent.
    I second that statement. Fantastic chapter.

Superag – Absolutely loved it. I don’t know where you got the idea that you can’t write smut. You do it wonderfully and I’m starting to think that we’re seeing your double life peak through.

I was so happy to see that Chloe dragged Lex to the garage to have her wicked way with him. I know she’s injured but, like football, sometimes you just have to play through the pain.

Lex backed up and looked at her. She was stunning with her hair damp and her still black eye. He was actually proud of finally having someone that cared for him that was as tough, and in ways tougher, than he was. He looked around the garage and thought.

Love the way he finds her beautiful, inside and out.

And I thought that it was great that he was so worried about her pain when she made her move.

Leaning over her face, brushing her hair back into a fan, he softly ran his fingers down her cheek and kissed her lightly on the lips. “I love you Chloe,” he whispered. He sighed and pulled his hand back but felt Chloe grab it in response.

“I love you too; I just didn’t want to be the first to admit it since you didn’t seem receptive to love.” A tear ran down the side of her cheek and she felt Lex wipe it off her face. He took the same hand and ran his fingers gently over her shirt down the center of her chest, carefully staying between her breasts since he knew where her bruising was the worst. Leaning over, he kissed her deeply, balancing over her. He could feel his temperature rise and knew that she could feel his hardness pressed up against her thigh.

It’s so nice to see Lex and Chloe when they finally get to acknowledge their feelings for each other. They’re the kind of people who are so much stronger and happier with someone who really loves them and it’s perfect when they can be that to each other.

And I was ROTFLMAO at the fact that they moved the action to Gabe’s SUV. Poor, poor Gabe; hasn’t he suffered enough.

I felt *so* bad for Chloe when the whole oral attempt went south…okay, that didn’t sound quite right. She so badly wanted to please him and she already has insecurities – it was heartbreaking to see her struggle.

But Lex’s reaction was so beautiful and so perfect that it was worth the upset. I love that he’s being there for her so faithfully.

And then, when they almost got caught by Gabe I was lol! For his own peace of mind I’m glad he didn’t catch them…although Lex could certainly afford to buy him a new car.

Chloe watched as Lex drove away and then eyed the three now standing and staring at her. “Clark, Lana. How long have you been there?”

Clark looked at Chloe, “Long enough.”

OMG! I can’t *wait* to see what Clark’s gonna do with this info.

Excellent work, superag. You’re smut was absolutely lovely, it was wonderful how you worked in Gabe’s SUV, and the cliffhanger you left us dangling from is perfect.

More soon, please.

~Sarah~

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

A/N - Thanks again for the feedback. It really keeps this story in particular going since I was ready to dump it a month ago. Anyway, some questions answered and a set up for the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter. Please review again.

3rd Quarter – 1st and 2nd Quarter

Chloe stared at Clark and tried to read his expression. She could see he was trying to hide whatever he knew from Lana. Passing him on the driveway, she lurched when the pain in her side suddenly returned. Gabe took her in his arms and led her back into the house.

Lying down on the couch, Gabe readjusted her pillows and retrieved her some more medication and something to drink. Lana and Clark sat across from her and waited.

Clark was obviously nervous about starting this conversation. He knew better than to get involved with something personal in Chloe’s life but he would have never imagined Lex. “So,” he started as Chloe took her pills. Looking over at Lana, she motioned for him to continue, “What’s going on? I came by to visit and Lana told me you were talking to Lex.”

Chloe could read the indignation in Clark’s stare then realized that the only way that Lana would have known anything was because her dad told her. Snapping an angry look at her father, she sat up and took her medication. She watched suspiciously as Lana whispered something to Clark

Clark leaned in and took Chloe’s hand. “I think I may be one more person than needed tonight. Your dad said you’ll be back to school next week – I’ll talk to you when you get back.” He pressed his lips together in frustration and squeezed her hand a bit more. “Take care of yourself.”

Chloe halfway smiled at the loaded statement. As Clark stood, she tugged on his hand and retorted, “Thank you. And you be safe going home.” She hoped that Clark could catch the hint.

Clark smiled as Lana walked him out. Watching the door close behind Lana, Chloe turned her attention to her father. Disappointed, she carefully worded her phrase, “Dad, what business was it of Lana or Clark’s that I was visiting with Lex?”

Gabe shuffled his feet and shoved his hands in his pockets. He couldn’t stand the mental image of what he thought could have happened in the time they were outside. She was 18, but she was still his daughter and only child. Turning to look at his patiently waiting daughter, he couldn’t answer. “You look tired. You should get to bed.”

Chloe painfully pulled herself off the couch and steadied herself. “I asked you a question. Dad, we’ve always been totally honest with each other. I don’t know many dads who actually were in charge of getting their daughters through their first period and took on the birds and the bees by themselves. I don’t want this to turn into some awkward point of no return in our relationship.”

Sighing, Gabe gave in. “I didn’t have the guts to break up whatever was going on.” Gently wrapping his arm around her, he broke into a soft whisper. “I don’t want to lose my little girl.”

Pulling back out of her father’s grip, she looked over at Lana coming in the door. Looking back at her father, she smiled and understood. Her father knew, at least suspected. Hugging him carefully, she whispered in his ear, “You won’t, but I love him and I’m a big girl now.” Pulling out his grip, she carefully walked up the stairs, leaving her dad to worry.

Chloe sat on her bed and began to cry. Lana peaked around the corner and eyed Chloe’s reaction to the whole evening. “Knock knock.”

Drying her eyes, she swung her legs over on the bed gingerly and reached for the sheet, gasping in pain. Lana pulled the sheet over Chloe and then sat down on the edge of the bed. “Thank you for taking care of Clark. His third degree was not part of the evening I was looking forward to.”

“No problem.” A strange silence fell over the two as they stared throughout the darkened room. “Chloe, if there’s anything I can do…”

“No offense, but I’m not ready to talk about it.” She read the disappointment and confusion on Lana’s face. Chloe knew more about Lex from the months they saw each other off and on during his dealings with his father. Lana knew him from the business. Seeing Lana still quite mesmerized by her Chloe’s reaction and situation, she asked. “Do you think Lex is a good person?”

Lana sat thinking for a few more silent moments and smiled at Chloe. Lana wasn’t one to really know. Her involvement with the man was business and whatever she had heard from Clark, who was more untrustworthy of Lex’s motives than anyone else. Taking Chloe’s hand, Lana shook her head. “As much I would like to tell you how I feel or what Clark feels, do you think that Lex is a good person? Because after that, whatever anyone else thinks shouldn’t matter.”

Chloe thought carefully about the sudden insight that Lana had. Letting go of her hand, she smiled. “Thanks. Really.” She watched Lana pull the blanket within Chloe’s reach and start out of the room. “One more thing…”

“Hmm?”

“You think I’m crazy?”

“Are you happy?”

Chloe paused, wondering if she was giving too much up. She was too thrilled to care, whether the side effects of the meds or just the place she was finally in. “Incredibly.”

“There you go. That’s it. Get some sleep and …sweet dreams.” Lana shut the door and left Chloe in the dark besides the one small nightlight coming from the closet. Smiling to herself in the dark, she realized she couldn’t wipe the ridiculously happy grin off her face. She didn’t care what people thought or called her; she was in love.

……………..

Chloe sat in front of the mess in the Torch. She loved Lana and Clark like siblings but they were no use in the newsroom. And she thought she had trained Clark. She started sorting through files of stories that had actually been somehow been put into a paper the past week. That particular issue was … scary at the least. The Torch needed to get back on track. It would be a late, drug induced night.

“Hey. Glad to see you back. Lana said you took it easy this weekend.” Clark pulled a chair up next to the desk that Chloe sat at. “Can I help?”

“Actually,” she pointed at a stack of random folders that she had no idea what they were. “Could you either tell me what those are, which I really don’t care, or file them where you think they belong and I’ll put them where they really go later.” Nodding her head in agreement with herself, she went back to checking her long ignored email.

Clark picked up the files and did as he was told while watching Chloe sift through email. Finishing, he walked up behind her and glanced over her shoulder. “Lex? You’re still talking to him?”

Chloe spun around in the chair and stared at Clark. “Out with it.” Getting out of the chair, she stomped across the floor and slammed the office door. Standing in front of the door, she crossed her arms and waited. “What is it? What did you ‘see’?”

Clark tried to move toward her, and she motioned for him to steer clear. “I’m not interested in a comfort scene right now. I have that. What…did…you…see?”

“Lex? Chloe, I…”

“Spit it out Clark. You’ve been wanting this conversation since last week, so let’s go.”

Clark stood contemplating how to approach his obvious frustration to her. “Chloe, he’s dangerous and not the most trusting person.” He paused as she wasn’t impressed. “Ok, I ‘heard’ and then 'saw' something that I would rather not repeat out loud before I went to see Lana in the house.”

Chloe’s blood pressure was rapidly getting out of control for this conversation. The meds were for pain, not for this. Arms still crossed, she lowered herself on the couch and waited for the continuation of his story.

“Chloe, he’s dangerous.”

“Again, my decision. What did you see?”

“Enough to keep Lana and Mr. Sullivan occupied until you two were ‘done.’” Clark sat down next to Chloe on the couch and stared at her. “Chloe, I want you to be careful. And I’m here if you …”

Clark and Chloe both looked up as the door opened slowly. “Did my father ransack the place again or is this what happens untrained people are left in charge.” Lex eyed Clark’s disturbed look as Chloe got up and moved toward the door.

TBC

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information