+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) finished 4/6/08

NS Full Member

Talking Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 28th October 2007

What a sweet chapter!! Lex loves her, I love when he admits it first.

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 28th October 2007

Terrific, sweet, considerate Lex He LOOOOOVESSSS her. Yipieee Dagney

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 28th October 2007

[I]A/N - thank you for all the wonderful comments! Note on this - don't you hate when you're lying in bed and you come up with these ideas?[/I}

The Halftime Show - Intro

Her mouth dropped. Stunned, Chloe panted heavily and grabbed her side as she turned on her heel and tried to get back upstairs. Gabe slowly began to stand as Lex jumped up from the table to go after her.

“Chloe!” Lex calmly raised his voice and followed swiftly behind her. Cutting in front of her, he stood in front of the stairs. Looking down at her face, he desperately wanted his last decision on what to say back. “Chloe, talk to me.”

Her face became redder with frustration and anger. How could he do this? In front of her father. He couldn’t just enjoy himself with her – he had to take it to the next level. This supposed genius has finally lost his mind. If that's the way you want to play it. “Fine,” she huffed out and started back in the kitchen. Glaring at her father, she walked through the kitchen and out the back door.

She looked over her shoulder just enough to see Lex was still only a few steps behind her. She flung the side door to the garage open and shut it behind her just before Lex could enter.

Slamming the door in his face, Lex momentarily stopped to reanalyze what had just taken place. I say I love her. I know she loves me, but instead she’s flipping out. What is the deal with the women I want? Lex couldn’t figure the reasoning, but Chloe was not going to get the last word this time.

Opening up the door, he saw her clutch her side and hunch over. Swiftly, he moved to her side and put out his arm. He watched as the retractable door shut behind him and left the two of them alone. “Chloe,” he spoke softly. “Let’s talk about this. I wasn’t exactly going to lie to your father. I wanted to tell you first but the moment kind of disappeared when your father came home and walked in on us.”

Chloe looked up into the cool blue eyes that she was trying to ignore. It can’t possibly be true – he said the word love. Lex uttered the word love in a sentence directed at me, she thought. She leaned against the cold steel of her car and inhaled slowly at Lex’s continued advances.

Leaning on one hand, Lex moved to take her hand and Chloe flinched. “Talk about what?! You said you loved me! You told my dad that you love me? Are you sniffing meteor rock at night or something?!” Chloe slipped out of the close vicinity of Lex, tingling as she ran brushed her thigh against his in passing. “You are so full of yourself – you are the most arrogant, self absorbed, overly obsessive, completely irritating person I have ever met! Everything has to revolve around you – you have to get your way every time. Don’t you…”

“Chloe, is everything alright in there?” Gabe repeated a couple of times while knocking on the door. “Honey, don’t overexert yourself please.”

Chloe watched as the knob of the door started to turn and she opened it. “Dad, I have to finish something here. I’m ok, I promise,” Chloe pleaded through the crack of the opened door. “I’ll be in soon and Lex,” she turned and looked at him, “I just have to get this out with him. Now. Alone.”

Gabe looked at his daughter and sighed. “Take it easy and don’t let him upset you too much. If you have any problems, call me.” He halfway smiled at his daughter, now a young woman, knowing she could in fact take care of herself where the Luthors were concerned as she had so many times before.

Closing the door, she turned back and looked at Lex. Her face was completely drawn, muscles in her mouth clenched from holding her angry pose for so long. Lex walked toward her as she continued moving around the garage. “As I was saying, don’t you ever think about anyone but yourself and exactly what you think you deserve?”

Lex stepped up in front of her as she leaned against an old refrigerator, balancing herself since the pain killers still made her woozy. “Chloe, let me just…”

“No, I’m not finished. You couldn't even think for a second what the repercussions would be for all this. I mean if you didn’t try to go be all high and mighty and cut in front of me in the living room, we could be doing this in the comfort of my room.”

“I’m sure your father would have loved to listen to us fight from his room.” Lex grabbed either side of the refrigerator in frustration, essentially trapping Chloe in place. He could barely stand looking at her; she infuriated him just as much as turning him on.

“Not that you self-absorbed moron, this,” Chloe hissed as she grabbed him around the neck and pulled him into her, covering his mouth with hers.

TBC - hehe, I think you know what's coming...

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 14th November 2007

Chole freak and she finally gave in to her feels for Lex. I loved this story. Update Soon!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

I was worried there for a minute. Thank goodness she was just being Chloe and that was her version of foreplay. I can't until the smut.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Woo hoo Chloe is happy about Lex admitting he loves her. So if what I think is going to happen, how is it going to happen with her injury and how will it get done without Gabe knowing exactly what's happening? Loved how she totally had Lex thinking he had screwed up.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent update! FOr a moment there I couldn;t believe how Lex could've read the situation with Chloe so wrong. Can't wait for the next chapter.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Two great updates! I don't blame Chloe for being upset that Lex told her dad that he loved her before telling her himself. And I am proud of her for grabbing him and kissing him--good for her
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Superb story, I got so engrossed in it I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I realised that I'd read to the end of your updates!Looking forward to the next update, thank you.

NS Full Member

Talking Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 14th November 2007

Fantastic intro for what's coming!!! Write soon!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information