+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) finished 4/6/08

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 28th October 2007

I'll take the opinion that Lex is good at math because he's a genius and not just because you are projecting.

Next up, Lex needs to sell the Talon to Starbucks with the provision that Chloe gets a lifetime supply of free coffee.

I love sneaky Lex paying someone to spy on Chloe and get her trash. And that he's a neat freak who needs to flatten sheets of crumpled paper.

Let's see more of Lex convincing Chloe that they belong together.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Just read this story straight through and I think it's great

I like that Gabe is more aware of Chloe and her feelings then she knows, and I like that he is giving Lex a chance and not immediately barring him from seeing Chloe.

Smart, sensible Chloe has made up her mind that because of my obsessive, brooding nature that I’m not worth it. People can change. God knows I need the push to change. Thank you Ms. Sullivan – you just told me what I have to do to prove myself.
    This is an awesome quote! Good for Lex for being determined to win Chloe over. And I agree that Lex is brilliant at math because he's a freakin' genius

Can't wait for more.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Girl Chloe give it up. You know you want him stop fighting it. More please I want lunch and dinner conversation.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent chapter! Chloe will never be able to resist Lex for long. Can't wait for lunch/dinner.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

When I read her list about pros and cons I really though Lex would be pissed with her for reducing him on a list, but I`m really glad he used it to help himself.
    I loved their time together at her home. And now I really have to taste this Hot Apple Coffee... and I have do do this ASAP
    I don`t know what`s nutmeg but I`ll try to find out.
    Great update
    Please more soon
    Malu

NS Full Member

Talking Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 28th October 2007

Go get what's rightfully yours!!! Fantastic chapter.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

A/N - Forgive all English errors. I teach math. Just be glad I didn't get Lex to actually explain derivatives.

2nd Down – Part 2

The day passed slowly for Chloe Sullivan. She sat and wondered what possessed her to think that Lex would actually come back to see her in the evening. She milled about the house, avoiding homework and instead concentrated on the love of keeping the Torch running while she was gone. She read and answered emails, anything she could find to keep her mind off the obvious.

Soon after Lex had left in the morning, she fell back to asleep. Dreaming of Lex and her from what was now a week ago, she still couldn’t get the images out of her mind. She was flushed, sweaty, and wet even from just the simple dream.

He had been gentle this time. Rubbing his hands gently over her broken body, he made her body tingle. His mouth tasted so incredible on hers she was afraid to let his lips leave hers but was overcome with the sense of pleasure to feel them on her neck.

She was halfway surprised at his gentle nature, knowing that he probably had no women that he was normally that careful with. But he was careful. He stayed clear of her bandages and bruises, only touching her fire hot skin in places that made her body quiver. He said he wasn’t interested in fucking her - that was not the right moment. He wanted to caress, touch her skin with his lips, fingers. Closing her eyes, her body writhed at each touch as she became wetter from just the small touches that he placed on her.

“Calm down,” he would keep saying as he touched her. She knew he was just trying to help her relax her pain away, but the feeling pulsed through her body and created new pains. How she wanted him inside her for once more, but he refused.

She woke up flushed, sweaty, and unsatisfied. Sitting on her couch, the last sentence out of her dreamy Lex broke her. Smiling that smirk that made her body ache, he told her he would always look after her, be her friend. Holding her hand over her mouth, she felt the tears fall as she realized that as much as she pushed him away, she just wanted to draw him closer.

Lex sat behind the small desk in the upper offices of the plant that he had to oversee for the day. His father was coming; he had to be on top of his game. He knew where his mind had to be, but he couldn’t stay at work for more than a few moments. Chloe.

He went over his movements in his mind, wondering if he had done anything that would have either offended her or convinced her that he was worth it. He searched the Internet for ideas to make her feel better and hopefully speed her recovery. He glanced at the stack of papers that adorned the small desk. Quickly taking out his pen, he signed all of the requisition forms without even reading them, knowing that it would somehow cost him in the end. But he didn’t care.

“Lex. Have somewhere else you need to be today?”

Lex looked up at the older man that smirked at catching his son trying to skim on his business duties. “Hello dad. Actually I have.”

Walking around the edge of the desk, Lionel sat down on the corner and looked over his son’s quick run through contracts and forms. “I hope that Miss Sullivan’s accident hasn’t hindered her in too many ways. I would hate to see that little paper of hers to fall through the cracks.”

Lex stopped suddenly and stared at his father. Feeling an urgency to protect her, he wanted to strangle his father – he hadn’t mentioned her at all to him. He felt a heaviness in his chest like the year before when he and Chloe were plotting against him. But things were different now. Lionel left prison after his short sentence, bought by an insane amount of money. Since his exit from the prison walls, though, Lex was wary of his father. He was strangely normal, still demeaning to Lex but returned to work and left well alone. Lex was afraid that it would change; he waited for the hammer to fall.

“Dad,” Lex got up and picked up his coat off the chair. “How did you? Don’t …”

“I won’t do anything of the sort. Go on – play house with Miss Sullivan. And it wasn’t hard. A cashier’s check to the charity with her name on the note section or the beautiful article that she wrote for the Smallville Ledger about her accident. I was a nice piece of journalism.”

Lex stared at his father and sighed deeply before walking out of the office. Rubbing his forehead as he got in the elevator, he hoped that would be the last intrusion of his father on his personal life. He and Chloe didn’t need any more complications to getting their relationship off the ground. Leaning against the wall of the elevator he realized his thoughts. He and Chloe. Relationship.

He then remembered what was in three weeks. Graduation. He had to work fast – he knew that she was leaving for a summer journalism program right afterwards. Chloe was it – he had to have her and then he would want for nothing else.

“Now what?” Chloe cursed under her breath forcing herself to take and breath. The phone rang off the hook the entire lunch hour from friends at school. The Kents had come by to visit and drop off another pie. I’m going to have to go back for a checkup and find that I have diabetes.

“Come in,” she mustered up. She couldn’t make it off the couch after sinking so low in the cushions. Peering over the couch, she could just make out the distinct bald head and smiled.

“Hey, did I wake you?” Lex was carrying something. Chloe suddenly caught a whiff of the couple of bags and her smile deepened. Walking through the living room, he deposited the bags on the counter and removed his coat in the same fashion as the morning. Sitting on the edge of the couch, he rubbed his hand up and down her pajama clad leg.

“No, actually I was watching something incredibly boring on TV and hoped that food would miraculously appear. And here you are.”

Lex smirked. “I’ve been called a lot of things but food is a new one.” Chloe realized how she had worded the strange phrase and bit her lip. “I’m kidding. Come on, get off the couch and let’s get some food in you.”

Chloe watched as Lex pulled pillows off the recliner and placed them in the hard dining room chair. Taking her hands, he let her pull herself up to a sitting position and then readjusted to help her stand. Walking a little less hunched over than in the morning, Chloe sat carefully in the chair. “I need my meds. They’re lying on the paper towel over there.”

Lex grabbed the small handful of pills and laid them next to her and popped the top off her coffee. “It’s decaffeinated where your meds won’t have any interference. We want you back to work as soon as possible.”

“Thank you.” Chloe suddenly felt bad about being babied. “Look, you really don’t have to be here. Thank you for dinner and all but I really don’t need a sitter.”

Lex sat down in the chair beside hers. Taking her hand in his, he smiled. “I’m not your sitter. I care about you, and I want you to get better.” Running his other hand down her cheek, he could feel her face warm to his touch. It was a good sign.

Chloe looked up at him; she couldn’t help feeling embarrassed. She was usually stronger than this. Clark had been there and helped dozens of times; why couldn’t she let Lex do the same. Oh yeah, you’re in love with Lex and don’t need to be vulnerable or he’ll figure it out. “Thank you. I know it’s really hard for me to accept that I’m not able to take care of myself. And you have a million places you could be.”

Dipping his head down where he could meet her eyes, he touched her face again. Her skin was so perfectly soft, it was hard not to. “I only want to be here.” Watching her accept his statement, she looked over at the bags of food and took as big a breath as she could.

Lex laid the items out on the table and started opening the containers. “Let’s see what Melba cooked up today. She thought it was odd I had her deliver it to work.” Opening the first container, he was pleased at the request of simple dishes. Chloe’s stomach couldn’t muster his normal fare with all the medication. “Grilled Rosemary Chicken. Steamed Vegetables.” Looking over at Chloe, he could see her look. “You need to eat balanced while you’re getting well, so put that look away. Fresh rolls, garlic mashed potatoes, and chocolate mousse for dessert.”

Chloe reached for the mousse as Lex grabbed the container. “Come on. I promise I’ll eat the other later.”

Putting the mousse in the refrigerator, he smirked. “You can have it after dinner. Besides, Melba’s chicken has won awards. She would be insulted if you didn’t eat her main dish first.” Lex moved about the kitchen like in the morning as if he knew his way around. Serving her the main dishes, he sat down and ate as he watched her.

Chloe sat back in the chair and adjusted after eating the best meal of her life. She wondered if she would ever get to eat like that on a regular basis. She may actually start eating real food instead of just junk if that is what it’s supposed to taste like.

She couldn’t lose the smile on her face, watching Lex clean up her kitchen as if he had never brought anything to her at all. When she casually mentioned her father, Lex stopped and made a plate to leave in the frig for him later. Chloe was in shock.

Sitting down next to her again, Lex looked at her as she yawned. “Tired?”

“I really am. It doesn’t seem like I did a lot but I tried forever on the math and couldn’t get it. I’ll try again before getting ready for bed. It’s not like I have to get up for anything tomorrow.” Lex laughed at the comment, realizing he still had hours of work to do and could only deal with the domestic issues for so long before hiring Chloe and her dad someone.

Chloe pointed out where her books were and Lex retrieved the math book and some paper from his own briefcase. “Where are we at?”

Chloe watched and shook her head at all the right moments but was honestly not listening to Lex’s explanation of first derivatives; listening to his voice was more intoxicating. The way the man could make even pre-calculus sound sexy was beyond her. She was pretty sure if her teacher at school could teach with the same tone and smoothness, she would have an A in the class.

“Are you understanding?” He paused and looked at Chloe’s long off look. “Chloe, are you ok?” Lex put the pencil down and laid his hand on top of her arm. She felt warm, but not in a sensual way.

“I’ve got a headache. I think I just need to get in the bath for a little bit.” Chloe pushed the books away from her and pushed herself out of the chair. She quickly felt Lex’s warm hands helping her up and guiding her upstairs.

“Chloe, I can help you,” he felt as if he was pleading. He knew she was still trying to be her spunky self; he applauded her for it. She needed help though.

Following her up the stairs, he noticed the chair she pointed out. “Just wait for me please.” He sighed taking the simple order of waiting on her as she slowly shuffled to and from her bathroom. “I’ll be out in a bit. I want you to stay until someone gets home if that’s ok.”

Taking her hand in his, he looked up at her happy that she wanted him around. “Of course.” Chloe smiled and squeezed his hand as she placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

“Thank you,” she forcibly whispered before closing the bathroom door. On the other side of the door, she leaned against the counter and breathed heavily. Oh please tell me I didn’t just screw everything up, she thought to herself after realizing that she had kissed him. She tried to control her breathing but felt faint, whether from the meds or Lex. “Lex,” she hollered.

Coming through the door slowly, he caught Chloe mid-slink to the floor. Holding her upright against the vanity cabinet, he sat down on the ceramic floor next to her. She was warmer than before. “Chloe, you’ve got a fever. How about forgoing the full bath and just sponge off? You haven’t done enough today to go to all the trouble.”

Standing up, he warmed the towel that she had for the bath and wet it. He took her face gently in his palms and wiped her face. He carefully watched her eyes as they fluttered in tiredness. She was so limp yet so beautiful. Taking a deep breath, he wiped both arms and her neck, careful to not move her left side too much. “Hey, sit up a little.”

Chloe’s eyes opened to just see the man she was in love with. The man that intimidated corporate CEOs was giving her a sponge bath; her father couldn’t even do that without blushing. But here Lex was. Sitting up, she was curious and had to ask. “How do you?”

“I saw my father help my mom once…before he lost his soul. Lean against my arm.” Chloe did as he said and leaned forward and felt the fire begin in her chest as he rubbed the towel softly across her back. She felt her nipples harden realizing one of her breasts laid firmly in his grasp, so easy for him to take. And yet he did nothing. She felt safe with him; she was so wrong before.

Lex leaned her back against the cabinet and looked at her. “You up for the front?” He watched Chloe’s jaw slightly drop.

“Lex, you don’t have to.”

“Chloe, we slept together a little over a week ago. You can trust me.” Chloe nodded and closed her eyes as Lex lifted the oversized shirt up. Lex stopped for a moment and took a quick breath to get himself together. He loved her form; it wasn’t perfectly hard like a model but it didn’t need to be. Her skin was so smooth and taut. Moving the towel around her front, he barely edged the still bandaged areas from the excessive bruises.

Chloe couldn’t help the feeling of need building up in her. Her underwear was almost soaked through just from Lex’s hands touching her everywhere. Reaching out in the moment, she ran her fingers down his chest and watched his eyes. They never left his work at hand as he continued carefully cleaning around all of her delicate bruises.

“Thank you again,” Chloe whispered as she continued raking her fingers down Lex’s magenta colored silk shirt. Lex put the washcloth down and carefully lowered her shirt.
    Looking down, he watched her trace her fingertips along his chest and arms.

“Chloe.” He loved the sound of her name, even if it was to point out that she was coming dangerously close to going too far. Even if he wanted to pick her up and make passionate love to her, she was not in shape to enjoy even the foreplay. Closing his eyes, he bit his lip and removed her hand. “This isn’t right.”

“But,” Chloe got out before Lex cupped her face in his hands and rubbed back the one tear that now plagued her perfect face. “Lex.”

“Come on, let’s get you to bed. You’re just tired.” Lex knew that wasn’t her reason for the last few motions, but he couldn’t be responsible for his actions if he let her go any further.

He helped her up and steadied her. She looked up at him as she grabbed his arms to keep her balance. The dizziness that came with the medication made the pain almost better to withstand. Locking eyes with the man she had chased off just a couple of days ago, she couldn’t get past him; she wanted him for more than a trip to the bedroom.

Chloe ran her hand up his arm and around the back of his neck. Lex could feel the heat building between them, but still tried to keep his composure. Giving in to Chloe’s need, he lowered his face to hers and ran his hand through her not so tame hair. He didn’t care; she still wanted them to be together, and she couldn’t hold out on the act any longer.

Lex touched her lips and swiped the inside of her lips with his tongue before opening his mouth to her already hot mouth. She tasted so good, and he hoped the taste would never leave him. Gaining the courage to do something out of his nature, all of this was out of his nature, he thought, he gently took her by the arms and pushed her out of the kiss.

“They’ll be other times, I promise,” he remarked in reaction to her obvious disappointment. “Let’s get you changed for bed.”

Chloe, honey are you ok?” Gabe called from the downstairs of the house. He nearly ran into Lex’s car in his driveway and took a deep breath. Closing his eyes, Gabe opened the door slightly hoping to not find the two making out on the couch. He was afraid of where this new found infatuation for the both of them would lead.

Walking up the stairs, he heard a small yelp and raced to Chloe’s room, throwing the door open. He covered his eyes, seeing Chloe’s shirt going over her head as she vocally winced at the pain of moving. Gabe watched the reflection in the mirror as the two didn’t hear him barge into the room. This is so wrong, he thought to himself.

Gabe couldn’t believe what he was watching. His former boss was actually helping his daughter get dressed, touching her topless... Gabe had seen enough. Knocking on the doorframe, both Lex and Chloe peered around the doorway of her bathroom.

“Mr. Sullivan, I see your meeting must have gone well. Chloe wasn’t expecting you home for another hour or more.” Lex rolled his sleeves down and casually kissed Chloe on the cheek.

Chloe stopped and stared at her father’s reaction to the almost automatic action that Chloe was not even expecting in front of her father. Trying to cover up her obvious embarrassment, she smiled at Lex and shooed him from the bathroom.

Lex stood in the hallway with what he could tell was a very nervous Gabe Sullivan. “Mr. Luthor.”

“You know you can call me Lex.”

“Lex, come downstairs and let Chloe get settled. I’d offer you some Scotch but I’m afraid dark brew is all I have.” Lex nodded in approval and followed the older man downstairs. He could feel the nervousness radiate off of Gabe as Gabe pulled two beers from the refrigerator.

“The meeting went very well. I’m pretty pleased at where I ended up after…” Gabe trailed off. Lex took a drink and laid the bottle on the table.

“I am still very sorry about the way all of last year ended up. If I could do anything to change the situation I would.”

“Lex, I’m happy now. Well, mostly.” Gabe took another deep breath and a large drink. “Although, I have this feeling that the talk we had in the hospital may need some serious revamping.” Leaning further into the table, as if to make a point, Gabe calmed his voice to match the smoothness of his adversary and his daughter’s obvious love.

Lex watched the calculated movements of the older man. “Sir?” Lex was not accustomed to using such words since he was usually the sir in the room, but he couldn’t take a chance here. Chloe was Gabe’s little girl – Lex was just the – he didn’t know yet.

“I didn’t want to ask this, but it seems that it has to come out. What are your intentions with Chloe?”

Lex stared at the man in disbelief. He was actually speechless. Then Lex couldn’t help but giggle slightly. “Sir, I’m sorry but you just asked my intentions.”

“Yes,” Gabe responded completely serious.

Lex watched Gabe’s reaction to the stark silence while seeing Chloe descend the stairs. Looking past Gabe, Lex eyed Chloe carefully. Smoothly, he rubbed a hand along the side of the beer bottle and looked at Chloe once more. “I love her.”

TBC

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

I have about 20 different things to do but I had to stop & read this update. It was excellent!!!! I can't believe Lex actually told Gabe he loved Chloe right in front of her. Woohoo! Love how he was taking care of her. So good. Can;t wait for more!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

OH MY GOD!!! He said he LOVES HER!! I can't believe you stoped there. I want more and I want to see what Chloe thinks after hearing that. Please come back and finish this.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Ooooh sponge bathed by Lex, so jealous of Chloe right now. Well okay I was jealous when she had sex with Lex and the jealousy continues. I would suffer all the pain she's going through for a sponge bath from Lex.

Poor Gabe, the man is eventually going to want to gauge his eyes out. And he gave Lex the talk! I loved Lex's reaction. That's right Chloe, the man loves you, so stop worrying and tell him you love him too, as if he didn't all ready know.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information