+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) finished 4/6/08

NS Full Member

Talking Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 8th October 2007

Love it!
    Want more of it!!!

Talking Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 8th October 2007

Ahhh nooo! I want more! PLEASE!!!! But just think Lex had to sneek out the back just like any other boy. Please update soon, I want to know how everyone reacts when they find out that not only is Chloe sponcering someone who's not clark but that it's Lex in all his tight-end yummyness.

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 8th October 2007

A/N - Thank you for the wonderful comments for both me and Nonky. I'm not a sports anchor so don't shoot me. Keep reviewing and it'll keep coming.

Time Out – Chapter 3

Several days had passed since the fateful meeting and ensuing pleasure that Chloe had never imagined would occur. She felt almost silly walking into school every morning it seemed with a stupid grin on her face. The fact was that she hadn’t even seen Lex since he left that weekend evening, but she was hopeful that wouldn’t be the last time for her sake.

She knew that he could have any woman he wanted and yet he had arrived at her doorstep to not really play football but to see her. She knew it would never be love – she was in high school, he was a billionaire. The logistics were atrocious for a relationship to work, but the figment of what the weekend brought gave her a glimmer of hope.

“Hey, you seem to be real chipper today. A good meteor freak story to check out?” Chloe startled herself back to reality by Clark’s words as he pulled a chair up against the desk she was working at. Looking at her, he gently laid his hand on her arm. “Are you ok? You seem really warm.”

Chloe realized that she had built herself up almost to an orgasmic state from just her thoughts. Shaking her head, she opened one of her current files on the computer and started typing, gently pulling her arm discretely out of Clark’s clutches. “I’m fine – just a little warm sitting in front of the computer. And about your other question – dad and Lois had a good trip and I had a lazy weekend. I guess I’m just relaxed and able to concentrate.” Clark stared at her as she smiled lightly back at him and then continued typing on the computer.

“Ok, Lana wanted me to remind you that if you are doing the story on the first practice – we start this afternoon at 4.” He started toward the door and turned. “Did you find someone to play for you?”

Chloe looked up and tilted her head while a devilish grin crept across her face. “You’ll see.” Clark halfway huffed in amusement and walked out of the Torch office.

Chloe leaned back in her chair and watched as the halls cleared for lunch. She leaned over and pulled the cellphone out of her bag and dialed the last number that had called her.

“Hey. How are you doing? Aren’t you in class or something?”

“This coming from the man who told me he skipped most of college and still graduated. Anyway, I was calling about the first practice. It’s this afternoon at the football stadium at 4. I know it’s short notice.”

Lex could hear the hesitation in Chloe’s voice. He flipped through the paper on his desk and looked at the calendar on his computer screen. “I’ll be a little late – I have a meeting but I’ll be there.” There was a pause as they both could hear each other typing something on the respective keyboards. “So, about Friday night…what happened after I left?”

“I spent about an hour in an intense question and answer session with Lana where I finally convinced that no one was actually in the house but I was just ‘on’ enough to want to take care of things in my father’s room. And convinced her that your socks were my dad’s.”

Lex leaned back in his chair and chuckled. “Chloe Sullivan, you keep talking of things like that, you might see me before 4.” Lex looked up and dropped his feet from his desk as a servant entered. “I have to go. See you this afternoon.”

Chloe sat on the 30 yard line with her camera. Looking back up into the stands, she saw Lana and the other girls each cheering on their football player boyfriends. Chloe continued jotting down notes about the various students and teachers that had signed up for coaching positions. She looked at her watch again and noticed that it was already 4:30. She shook her head, afraid he was not going to make it.

“Chloe, you want to sit up in the stands with us?” Lana sat down next to Chloe and waited for her response.

“No, I get better pictures from down here.” Chloe looked over Lana’s shoulder and smiled as the small black Porsche pulled up in the parking lot behind the stands. Expecting the usual dress pants and pale purple shirt, Chloe’s mouth dropped seeing Lex remove his sunglasses and close the car door. Lana turned and saw him walk toward Chloe as they both stood.

“Lex,” Lana beat Chloe to the welcome punch. “Came to check out the flag football game? I didn’t know Clark had told you – it’s great that you’re willing to give to the cause.”

Lex looked at Lana quizzically. Looking back to Chloe, Lana noticed that Chloe was quietly beaming in Lex’s direction and raised an eyebrow at his obvious brush off of her question. “Who do I have to talk to?”

Chloe pointed at the head football coach, “Baines. Tell him you’re the on the gold team.” Lex started off, but Chloe grabbed him by what she figured was an overly expensive t-shirt. “I think they filled your spot since you weren’t here. Just beware.” She watched as he nodded and rolled his eyes at the thought of him being replaced.

Lana turned and looked at Chloe. “What was that about?”

Chloe turned the camera on and aimed for the sideline to catch the moment of either anger or contentment forever. While shooting several shots or Lex, the coach, and the other players on the gold team, she answered Lana, “That’s who’s playing for me.”

“You got Lex to play football?” Rolling her eyes in almost a fit of the giggles, she slapped Chloe on the shoulder and started off, “This I got to see.”

Chloe removed the camera from her face, rolling out her shoulder at the same time she noticed that Lex was being easily inserted into the lineup, the defensive side of the ball. Chloe realized that it was only flag football, but these were real football players from Smallville, the place that Luthor was most hated.

She peeked back in the stands and noticed as Lana went back to the cheerleader section and obviously was whispering about the newest member of the team. Looking back, she noticed Lex in as a safety which wasn’t too bad, as long as he could run.

Strangely as it felt, the senior high schoolers were adept to including Lex so quickly on the team and felt out his abilities. Lex seemed almost in tune with the younger crowd and nodded approvingly back in Chloe’s direction as she popped another picture off as the teams lined up to run a couple of plays with their newest member.

Clark glanced looked over the offensive and defensive lines and rolled his eyes at Lex. He knew things would now always be strained for the two of them but felt no harm in Lex involving himself in such a charitable function, but Clark was still interested in who possibly talked the billionaire out of his suits and into a t-shirt and windshorts.

Walking up to the gold team’s huddle, Lex looked around at the other members on the team and waited for instructions. Matt, the senior defensive lineman, leaned into Lex, “You’ve got Mason. He’s in the red shorts – he goes in for passes early so you have to cut in front of him or he’ll beat you to the cut. How’s your 50 yard?”

Lex looked over the eighteen year old who made two of him and answered, “I think I can hold my own.” The lineman shook his head, not quite of sure if he believed the man in his twenties, afraid that the billionaire may have to be carted away.

The two teams lined up, and Clark watched intently as he saw the line up that Lex was instructed to take. Lex watched as Clark squinted in what Lex could only guess was irritation that Lex was even there.

Chloe watched the small exchange of bitterness between the old friends and secretly hoped that the two could get their issues out on the field. She felt Clark was being petty about whatever his issue was. She wasn’t the most trusting of Lex for the longest time and maybe things were a bit clouded at the moment because of the weekend events, but she wanted both of them at least as friends.

Lex watched Clark pop up over the offensive line as he called the play to start and eyed Mason. Running backwards for a few yards, he cut in front of Mason a good ten yards down the field. Clark knew Mason’s tendencies and tried to take a chance. He obviously had never been able to injure his traitor of a friend, maybe Mason would have a better shot.

Lex watched Clark as he let go off the ball. Turning his body, he lost a couple of paces off the wide receiver, who was well chosen for his speed. Picking up his speed, Lex turned his body just as the ball came down and fell into his arms. Wrapping his arms around the ball, Lex quickly applauded himself as he saw the gold team rally to cover the other red jerseys that were descending upon him.

As he took off, he felt a hard, dull stab in the shoulder blades and fell to the ground, watching the ball pop out before getting a face full of turf. Quickly looking up, he grabbed the top of Mason’s shoe and watched the wide receiver join him on the turf, letting the ball fly out of bounds.

Looking at the senior, he rolled his eyes while picking grass out of his mouth. “I was under the impression that the words flag football meant no tackle.” Lex pushed himself up and brushed off his t-shirt, now with a nice rip in the shoulder seam.

Mason took advantage of a team member and hopped up off the field, still staring at Lex. “If you can’t take the heat little man…” Mason started off with a couple of offensive lineman. Turning, he looked at Lex, “Anyway, we’ve all been waiting to beat the crap outta you – watch yourself rich boy.” The lineman nodded and high-fived each other as they walked away.

Chloe walked over as Lex rotated his shoulder. She saw him cringe in slight pain. “Look, you don’t have to do this. Maybe you would be better off just donating the money and that’s it.”

“And let the testosterone without brains beat me. I’m a little bit smarter than that. I just have to read his actions better and he showed all his hand, as well as everyone else’s with his little statement.” Lex put his hand on Chloe’s upper back and led her back over to the sidelines and reached in his pocket. “But it would be nice if you would hold my keys; the one that speared me on the last play came real close to ending my manhood.” Chloe giggled lightly and shoved the keys into her pocket.

Lex joined the huddle and listened to Matt give some final instructions. Putting his arm carefully around Lex’s shoulder, he whispered, “Look for the option run – he’s coming by you – I overheard it. By the way, don’t listen to Mason – He has to be mad at you. Your father torched his dad’s back 40 for the expansion of that stupid plant you run.”

Lex nodded in understanding that his father had yet been the reason for his getting whipped by a teenager. Lining up behind the line, he glanced over at Mason and then at Clark. Clark gave him a slight smirk and called the play. Lex watched as Mason cut across slowly through two stronger defensive lineman and left Clark an open field to take on the one that he was out for. Now to see what Clark Kent was really made of.

Clark tossed the ball to Kyle and cut around the corner of the defense as Kyle shuttle passed the ball back at the line. Lex watched as Clark changed his route in response to the defense and waited. Another hole opened up as Clark pushed the last lineman out of the way, almost effortlessly from what Lex saw. Locking glances with the overly athletically talented young man, Lex ducked Clark’s lead protection and pulled on the tail end of the small plastic flag and heard a rip before falling on the ground again.

Clark looked back at Lex as John, a lineman helped Lex up. Lex walked over to Clark. “It was a smart play, but your lineman isn’t fast enough for your draw – you should have the tight end block for you.” Lex couldn’t think of anything else to break the ice. Handing the flag back to Clark he pressed his lips together and started back over to the sideline for the timeout.

“Lex…” Clark ran up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. “Why this? Like I told you once before, playing the charity card isn’t going to score any points with me now.”

Lex stopped dead in his tracks. “As much as you may think this is out of some twisted way for me to still get your approval, this is not…about…you. I’m here for the cause – and I happened to not want to get my ass kicked by high school kids by not practicing with you first. Know your enemy – know what I mean?”

Clark stared at the man who he used to trust and wondered what he really had planned. Lex never did anything without an ulterior motive. “Yep, I know what you mean.” Clark walked away and met his team in the huddle that was now forming.

Matt and Trey walked up to either side of Lex. “You and Clark have some kind of grudge. He seems to really have the Red team coming after you – they’re not playing football – they want to kill you.”

“It’s a long story.” The three moved back into place as Lex glanced a look back at Chloe.

Waving and smiling, he nodded and slightly smiled back. There’s your ulterior motive Clark, he thought to himself.

Chloe watched and grimaced through another twenty minutes of the practice and hoped that Lex wouldn’t be too beaten up to go to work the next day. The red team was no doubt giving him a beating on purpose. She liked Clark but he was petty, hanging onto things for no reason. But Lex was holding his own, keeping the wide receivers well wrapped up and cutting off some of Clark’s usually easy passing routes. There’s something to be said for experience and brains over brawn now and then.

Holding the camera up for a couple of last shots before the end of practice, she followed the player and snapped two pictures off before seeing nothing but bright green before feeling the lens slam into her cheekbone.

“Shit!” Hearing a loud expletive, Lex turned around from across the field and saw one of the wide receivers laying on top of Chloe’s small frame and then watched as Drew, the strong safety trip and catch Chloe in the side before falling into the grass on the sideline. Looking across the field, he watched as Clark and Lana both bulleted across to help as other players pried the other player off her.

Running to his car, he immediately dialed 911 as he ran back over to see Lana and Clark plead with her to wake up. Looking over the two, he saw the mark of the camera already bruising her cheek. “Chloe?” Lex continued talking to the 911 operator as Clark called her name repeatedly. Chloe opened her eyes and tried to gasp, making motions of choking.

TBC

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Awww Lex is great to do all of this for Chloe, and Clark is an ass for thinking this is all about him.

Poor Chloe, I'll hope she'll be alright and Lex will take good care of her. And I can't wait to see what he will do to the guy who tackled her, even though it was an accident.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Oh no...I hope CHloe is ok. Great update & can't wait to read more.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: 4th Down and a Longshot (NC-17) 21th October 2007

Great update and Clark pick a finger and I hope Chloe will be all right....
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Clark is being as stupid as always. And what happened to Chloe!?!

NS Full Member

Oh I hope Chloe is going to be ok. Great story. Please update soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

I loved how Lex handled Clark

Stupid petty farm boy
    LOL
    I hope Chloe is ok
    Malu

very nice update, nice plotting with chloe's sudden injury. Dagney

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information