+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust Me (PG-15) not quite R - Complete 8/23/07

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: Trust Me (PG-15) not quite R (updated 8/19/07)

Chapter 37 – Epilogue

“Hold still Lois. It’s bad enough you make me wear this getup at this size but you can’t fidget this much. You’re going to give Clark a run for his money if you both move around this fast.” Chloe yanked the ribbon harder and tied the bow. “Ok, turn around. You look good.”

“Thanks – that makes me feel so … good.”

“Look, I didn’t want to steal that breathtaking ‘you’re gorgeous’ that you should get from Clark.” Lois moved back in front of the mirror as she adjusted a couple of curls on her shoulder.

“Hey girls, we’ve got to go.” Moira smiled as Chloe walked out the door. Lois stood in front of the mirror and stared. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and walked out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “So this is what nervous feels like?” Lex and Jonathon laughed as Clark seemed to turn green as he approached the bottom of the front steps.
    “Son, you’re going to do fine.” Jonathon patted his son on the back as his mother hugged him.

“Hey, come here.” Lex pulled Clark aside as Jonathon and Martha looked on. “Your father gave me this when I married Helen. Wow, that was a memory. Anyway, I want you to have it back in your family.” Lex handed Clark the compass and shook his hand. Martha pointed the gesture out to Jonathon who saw Lex look up and nodded in approval.

Moira came out of the house and tapped the preacher on the shoulder. “We’re ready.”

“Let’s go get you hitched.” Lex grabbed Clark’s shoulders and shoved him up the aisle and into his place at the end of a very overly decorated front yard, courtesy of Lex buying out the town florist. He shook hands with Pete, who had come back for the event. Pete scowled at Lex but Lex could only smile back at him. Clark took a deep breath and watched as he saw a couple of faces he didn’t know come around the corner.

He heard Lex take a deep breath as he watched his wife gingerly walk down the front steps with Sam Lane’s help. Walking halfway up the aisle, he took her arm. “Hey, you ok? You look a little tired?”

“Yeah, uhh look at me,” she chided.

“You’re beautiful,” he responded as he kissed her before they separated at the altar.

Clark’s eyes focused as his mouth dropped. She was breathtaking. She smiled at him all the way down the aisle, almost skipping. After her father grudgingly gave his permission, Clark took her hand. “You’re stunning.”

“Thank you - so are you Smallville.” Clark looked at her annoyed. She smiled even bigger at him as they faced the preacher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lex, Lois, Chloe, Clark, and his parents sat around a round table laughing about Clark trying to put the ring on the wrong finger during the ceremony but were startled. “Sorry I missed the wedding.” Clark’s eyes widened as everyone else but Lois shifted uncomfortably in their seats. “I’m just so glad that I got to say congrats to you.” Clark eased up out of the seat.
    Lois watched slightly perturbed as the little brunette threw her arms around Clark and kissed him on the cheek. “Hi.” Loosening up a little, he smiled and let her go. “It’s great to see you, but how did you…”

“Oh, I still read the Daily Planet and evidently Chloe had a little talk with the guy on the wedding page as your engagement photo took up like a quarter page.” She stopped and hugged him again and giggled. Chloe and Lex rolled their eyes and glanced over at the Kents who shrugged in disbelief. Lex rubbed his forehead and shook his head. This isn’t going to be pretty. He looked at Chloe who pestered him to intervene. Slightly standing, he ceased his movements.

“Hi, my name is Lois Lane Kent.” Lois stood up and announced flatly as Lex and Chloe started giggling watching Lois push her way between Clark and Lana. “Honey, aren’t you going to introduce me?” she said coyly.

“Yeah, sorry. Lois, this is Lana Lang.” Lois turned around and looked at Chloe in disgust. Chloe grimaced, a “sorry.”

“Lana Teague now. Come here honey.” Lex and Chloe looked at each other approvingly – she moved on too. “This is Jason and that’s Jack and Lauren. I really didn’t mean for us to crash your party but I had to see this for myself. Lois, I really hope you two are happy together.”

Lois raised an eyebrow at her and accepted the hug from Lana. The four of them continued exchanging pleasantries.

Chloe pursed her lips together and closed her eyes. Lex had moved to talk Jonathon when Martha tapped him on the shoulder. “Yes?”

“Lex, it’s Chloe…” Lex could see her concentrating on something by rolling her head and clinching her fists.

“What’s wrong?” Lex knelt beside Chloe’s chair and took one of her hands in his. Rubbing her back he waited for an answer but just got her closing her eyes tighter and clenching his hand. Clark had cut off Lana as Lois turned around when Chloe grabbed the back of her dress. Lana moved around the table to see Chloe. She grinned sweetly.

“I know that look,” Lana chirped as she took Chloe’s hand in hers. Lex looked at her as if she had interrupted yet another moment. Chloe smiled back at her and squeezed Lana’s outstretched hand and nodded in agreement.

“It’s time,” Chloe whispered to Lex.

THE END

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Trust Me (PG-15) not quite R - Complete 8/23/07

No you can't edn it there. You should have ended with the baby being born. Well it was a great read. I loved this story. Sorry to see it end.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hfce View Post
    No you can't edn it there. You should have ended with the baby being born. Well it was a great read. I loved this story. Sorry to see it end.
    i agree but i still love the ending.

That was such a good fic. I'm so glad that I didn't find this until after it was finished, with all the twists and turns waiting for updates would have killed me lol. It was such a great read, I love the relationship you built between Lex and Chloe and all the twists had me on the edge of my seat. It was really great, I look forward to getting stuck into more of your fic.

Excellent story. I liked this alternate idea of what could have happened.

It was a cute story. Loved how it all came togther in the end.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Trust Me (PG-15) not quite R - Complete 8/23/07

I can't believe I've never read this story!! It's really good!! Thank you for the happy ending!! They're my favorite!! Moira is my favorite, I like how she got Lionel to kill himself!! Perfect!! I also like how the issue of trust keeps coming up between Chloe and Lex!! Thank goodness they both trusted each other enough to make things work!! Great story!!

I loved the story from start to end, the fact that he killed himself for her was beautiful and that they believed and trusted each other throught the whole story was great.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

That was awsome! Loved the ending! Very sweet!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

Members

Is this fic supposed to start at chapter 23? Or did the Internet eat all the previous chapters sometime in the past few years? Would love to read this from the beginning, if possible.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information