+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suitable Specimen (PG-13)

Re: Suitable Specimen (PG-13) Updated 6/19/07

Hehehehe. OOh, this is delightful. Predicted, but the big reveal was a joy to read nonetheless. I can't wait to read about the future hysterical hijinks of our favorite mated pair.

Is this chemical temporary, one that can be flushed out of Chloe's system like 30washes hair dye? Or is this a chronic condition where the symptoms can be eased with some freshly minted LuthorCorp drug? What was the drugs creator aiming for? A drug that pointed out one's mate so that the pain of failed relationships could be eliminated? Or the ultimate deterrent for cheating spouses? Think fast, write quickly, post soon.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Great update! So Lex is Chloe's mate--that is just awesome

And I'm glad to hear that the pukling will be kept to a minimum--even in fics, it makes me a little sick to read about other people getting sick

Strange I know!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by biscuits

Is this chemical temporary, one that can be flushed out of Chloe's system like 30washes hair dye? Or is this a chronic condition where the symptoms can be eased with some freshly minted LuthorCorp drug? What was the drugs creator aiming for? A drug that pointed out one's mate so that the pain of failed relationships could be eliminated? Or the ultimate deterrent for cheating spouses? Think fast, write quickly, post soon.
    I know why the drug was made, how it works, and the basics of how it might have been created. And I won't deny that something on that list has been my choice all along.

I'm currently thinking about what would be the best cure. I have an idea, but if anyone has any suggestions like sacrificing Clark, I will take that into consideration.

The answers will be revealed in later chapters. As for now, I'm mainly working on how Chloe and Lex will react and handle the recent development.

Yay an update i loved it. Really great fic, totally enjoying it. Can we have her actually vomit on Clark cos that I would pay to see!

-K-

NS Member

Quote Originally Posted by westwingwolf View Post
    I know why the drug was made, how it works, and the basics of how it might have been created. And I won't deny that something on that list has been my choice all along.
    Okay, I loved this story before, but now I'm even more intrigued. I can't wait to find out the answers to these questions.

I'm also really looking forward to Lex and Chloe's initial reactions. I love when there's that tension between their underlying feelings and their corresponding denials. Update soon!

i alternate from nc17 fanfiction forum to la la land...

heehee....

yup, we guesssed it, but the way you played out the
    scene was INCREDIBLY funny! much much better
    than im sure any one had imagined..

pleeeease update! i want to see the fallout!!!
    i do so like green eggs and ham
    i do so like them...sam i am
    –Dr Seuss “Green Eggs And Ham”--

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

SQUEE!! MATE!!! LOL!! Can't wait for the next chapter to see their response, and of course Clark and Lois', too. Loved this chapter and the convo they were having, just wish that Lex would've been able to answer that final question. <g> Still....MATE!!!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Suitable Specimen (PG-13) Updated 6/19/07 Ch.4

I’m really sorry, westwingwolf this isn’t going to be a customarily long review, but final week of school, and ALL the work has to be tied off and made ready for exhibition, display and judgement. Scary!

ROTFLMAO, Lex got some pretty awesome news today. I wonder if Chloe smelled him as ‘her mate’ because he somehow gave off ‘I am devoted to you, and would do anything for you’ pheromones. Which can be pretty handy

I giggled at the bit of interaction between Lex and Lois. The two of them are really adorable when they are going at each other’s throats. Not to mention Lex’s petty, smug reaction to Clark being tossed out of the room while Lex is allowed to stay.

LOL! Poor Clark. Must be awful enough not being able to see Chloe, but knowing that LEX can see her when he can’t… ouch! Talk about twisting the knife.

I would have REALLY have loved to have heard some descriptive details about exactly how Chloe feels when an ‘unauthorized’ male enters her presence. It actually seems like it’s ‘sight’ as well as ‘smell’ that triggers the reaction. There are probably a hundred scents wafting in from the opening and shutting door, but Chloe only reacts when she actually SEES an ‘unwelcome’ guy.

I was LOL at Chloe defending her ‘pedigree’ and Lex immediately blurting out what he ‘really’ meant by his statement. Heeeee!!! So he told her about the attraction he harbours for her. Excellent!

This fic is coming along quite well, and I look forward to more. Please update soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

AN: Okay in this update: I make up more fake science, try to rectify a mistake I made in previous posts, write more predictable scenarios, and I'm really mean to Lana and Lionel. I really hope that last bit will make up for all the other problems I'm creating in this fic.

AN2: I'm really loving the feedback, anything you can give me is going to help me make this fic better. I know the story is obvious but I'm trying my best to inject moments of originality, so I love it that you guys are responding well. It makes me feel better and everyone deserves an ego boost now and then.

Chapter 5

“What was that?” Lex and Chloe were sure they heard correctly but then they were equally sure they hadn’t.

“‘Mate’ is the best term we have for the only other male that your body will accept in your presence, and Mr. Luthor’s blood work matches your composition perfectly.”

“That doesn’t make any sense. My body was changed, not Lex’s. How can his be compatible if what is wrong is me?” Chloe argued.

Lex wanted to know the same thing but he wasn’t thrilled with the idea that Chloe seemed to be strongly against this new information.

“Our preliminary tests show that the chemical you encountered seems to have magnetic like effects. We ran several tests to see what your blood would do. When we used Mr. Luthor’s blood, the two samples were attracted to one another and basically bonded. With any female sample and your father’s blood work, there was no reaction. The blood remained in a stasis form. However, with any other male, the blood had a violent repelling action. We did some animal testing, and so far the tests show that the reactions are caused by your aversion to the smell of most males’ pheromones that they manage to sweat off. Normally, people don’t really notice this scent unless engaged in sex, but the chemical also seems to have heightened your sense of smell in this area.”

“Do your tests show a cure?” Chloe’s voice had a hopeful yet dangerous edge.

“We’re still working on that. We just thought you would want some specifics on what was happening. The best we can offer so far is to stay away from any other male and head to the bathroom if you should accidentally encounter one.” The woman answered hesitantly.

“What I want is to have a cure. I don’t give a damn about …” Before Chloe could finish, Lex interrupted. “Thank you for everything. Go now.”

As soon as the woman left, he turned to Chloe. “You didn’t have to be rude. She’s trying to help.”

“Like you care about her feelings. Besides, she’s just doing this because you’re paying her. Not because she wants to help.”

“I could be paying her and the rest of my team to work on other projects if you hadn’t had gotten yourself into this mess.”

“Okay, I see your point. But how would you feel if the only female you could interact with was … well me, I guess?”

“Perfectly happy actually.”

“What?”

“Considering all the alternatives in the women I’ve met over the years, you are the best bet.”

“Um…okay. Well, if you don’t mind, I’m still trying to deal with the fact that my body thinks you’re its mate and I’m tired, so can we drop this for now?”

“Yeah, I guess we both need to think on that, so I’ll let you get some more rest.”

“Night Lex. Thanks for helping with … everything.”

“My pleasure.” He couldn’t help but think that he should be thanking her for her accident.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“So he’s your mate.” Lois said with an air of disbelief.

“Apparently.” Chloe answered wishing she could be having any other conversation than this.

“And what did Lex have to say about this?”

“Nothing. I wasn’t in the mood to discuss it.”

“I’m sorry? I know he’s an ass and all, but you get an easy answer to the person who you’re meant to be with and you don’t want to talk about it with that person.”

“Lex and I aren’t meant to be together, we just have natural chemistry or something. Plenty of people lead happy lives that have nothing to do with biology.” She couldn’t deny that her statement sounded dumb. But this whole situation was beyond crazy.

“But you have to admit the sex alone would be a great advantage to this whole idea.”

“I wouldn’t know, I’ve only been with one person and that was … fine.”

“Well maybe it would be better than fine if you and Jimmy were biologically compatible in you know more than just the normal way.”

“Okay I’m officially ending this conversation as you are giving me a headache.” Before Lois could reply there was a knock at the door.

Lex entered the room and asked Chloe if they could speak alone.

“She can’t, she has a headache.” Lois replied eagerly.

“But I’ll feel much better when Lois leaves.” Chloe answered giving Lois a pointed look.

“Fine, I’ll just go see if Clark is interested in the latest news on your condition.”

“Lois …”

“Kidding,” was the last thing she said as she closed the door.

“So I guess you’re here to talk about what we learned yesterday.”

“We don’t have to if you’re not ready yet.”

“Okay, well how about you answer my question from yesterday. Why did you stop speaking to me after Lionel’s trial?”

“So we’re mates. I wonder why that is.”

“Lex, you are going to have to tell me eventually. I predict we’ll be spending a lot of time together until I’m cured.”

“Not necessarily. I can speak to other people. You’re the one who is limited to your dad for a male influence.”

“You’d really leave me after everything?”

“No. Of course not. I’ll stay.” Lex swallowed hard before he continued with his next statement. “I avoided you because I didn’t want my father to hurt you anymore than he already had.”

“He was in prison. What could he do?”

“He could have gotten out, which he did. He could have come after you.”

“Which he didn’t.”

“Yes, because he knew we weren’t communicating any more.”

“That makes no sense. I only really started communicating with you well after he considered me a threat. If I was threatening to his business then, then I’m just as threatening now with or without you.”

“There are other ways he could find you threatening than in just his business life.”

“What? … What does that mean?”

“It means that he knew… that he didn’t want you to…, “ Lex knew if he was going to make Chloe understand without giving all of himself away, he’d have to go with at least a half-truth. “He somehow knew how close we had gotten during that summer and he found our friendship to be threatening. He was worried that you’d keep me from becoming the ruthless tycoon that I’m supposed to be. I had to end our friendship if you had any chance of surviving.”

“He never seemed to be that worried about your friendship with Clark.”

“Yeah, well, Clark doesn’t exude your tenacity and intelligence. In a way, you should feel flattered.”

“Yeah I’m thrilled that your psycho father put the effort into wanting me dead. I love that his shitty parenting skills cost me one of the potentially best friends I’ve ever known.”

“Look, I’m sorry. I admit that I gave up too easily, and I could have tried harder to figure out a way to keep you, but I was worried that while I was busy thinking of something, he would have attacked. Just like he did with Terminator reject, and the next time Clark might not have been around to help. How would that have been worth it?”

By that time Lex’s voice had rose so much in volume that when he stopped, they were left with that awkward silence. The kind that follows after a teacher asks an obvious question about the reading and no one knows the answer because no one bothered to actually do the assignment. It was just a question of who would be the first to be willing to look like a fool. Lex was.

“I could have become one of your best friends?”

“Well, it’s not like there was stiff competition at the time. What with Pete gone and Clark being Clark and Lana deciding she was too mature for the people and things associated with high school. Though, I probably shouldn’t speak ill of the dead.”

“You won’t offend me. You’d think after all the time she put into work at the Talon, she’d know better than to light a cigarette after cooking on a gas stove and then forget to make sure the gas was off. I didn’t even know she smoked.”

“She was planning on returning to Paris for the summer. She said everyone there smoked and she had to practice in order to make sure she looked cool.”

“Didn’t she think about the dangers of smoking? You know, aside from the one about gas and an open flame.”

“I believe she thought God wouldn’t let her suffer cancer after losing her parents and then two of her boyfriends.”

“Didn’t she dump those boyfriends before she lost them?”

“You knew Lana, she’d take any chance to complain even if it didn’t really bother her anymore. Why do I not feel guiltier about saying these things?”

“I say it’s best to cut down a person after they are dead. That way you don’t have to worry about retribution.”

“Got a lot of plans for when it’s Lionel’s time?”

“Not much. I wanted to keep things simple. Which do you think is better: dancing on his grave or flushing his ashes down the toilet?”

“Well, the grave does offer the chance to repeatedly scorn his memory, but the idea of flushing him down rusty pipes into a backed-up septic tank seems to be too much of an opportunity to pass up. Go with the twenty-one flush salute.”

“Exactly what I was thinking. I guess we really are perfect for each other.” The silence was back but this time it was much more thoughtful and both of them were sporting light smiles. Now, Chloe broke the tension.

“I guess this means we can go back to talking about things like we use to. I miss talking to you.”

“Don’t you mean ‘arguing’?”

“How about we settle for ‘debating’?”

“Deal. I missed it too.”

They were still debating when Lois returned a few hours later. They spoke of everything except what the test results meant. Sometimes it just felt good to ignore the obvious questions and problems. They both knew that the time would come eventually, but for now they were just happy to be back to their familiar routine. And they continued until visiting hours were over. Lex would have ignored the rules because he was a Luthor, but he only complied because Chloe was beginning to get tired. He made a promise to return the next day.

And he did.

AN3: I know I dropped the ball on showing that it's the smell more than anything else that triggers the vomiting effect. I tried to correct it in this update, but I realize it was a lame way of acknowledging it. Lesson learned. However, I do need you to understand that Chloe will heed the lady's advice to run for the bathroom when she sees another male. It will be most helpful in a future update.
    Last edited by westwingwolf; 20th June 2007 at 23:59. Reason: typo

NS Full Member

Hahaha thats great Lana dying from smoking near a gas stove!!! Great update. Can't wait for more soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information