+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) *Epilogue* updated 1/20/09

I'd like to know this too because I couldn't find it
    Quote Originally Posted by talon View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find chapter 4? its my favorite and its gone missing
    Malu

Members

I know its really weird. It jumps from post that replies to chapter 3 to a post that replies to chapter 4. Also, i cant click on page 41 or 42.

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) *New Fic*

very well written, but my heart breaks for chloe

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) *Chapter 5 updated 8/19/07*

MISSING CHAPTER 4. This chapter was written by the original thread author, I am merely re-posting the missing chapter

Chapter 4

She was avoiding Lex. This was a really big step for her. It was more than leaving for work out the back door of the Talon instead of the front like she usually does.

She misses her free coffee.

But still, she hasn’t seen or heard from Lex in over three weeks. It was just as well, it only proved her previous suspicions that she had been nothing but another toy for Lex. Another object he was now done with simply because she was no longer available. She frowned to herself. He wasn’t even trying to see why she hadn’t met him on their allotted days. Not that she wanted him to.

No, she was happy now. She realized her actions and feelings were detrimental to her mental health. Now she could get back to a normal life. One where she didn’t sleep with engaged men while lying to her friends and family.

Yes. She was happy.

“Very happy.” She muttered as she sat down at her desk. She typed her username and password in the Daily Planet database. She froze as she saw her the inbox to her second e-mail address alerting her that there was an e-mail waiting for her. Only one person knew about that e-mail address.

Her heart thudded in anticipation as she clicked on the message and read.

No Subject

To: C.Sullivan@DP2.com

Date sent: 4/22/07 10:15Am

Where have you been?

It was a simple question. One that could mean everything and nothing at all. He could simply be curious, not at all concerned. He did just send it from his work e-mail address, he could’ve just sent the e-mail after an afterthought, once he was through sending hundreds of e-mails and replies to his employees. Of course he could be concerned, or even angry that she would cut contact with him completely.

Or perhaps she was thinking deeply into things.

Her fingers hovered over her mouse as she considered replying. Chloe knew addiction was an extremely dangerous from personal experience. Once the physical dependency was no longer there, it was the psychological hold hat kept one trapped. She and Lex had lots of chemistry, but it was the kind that created explosions. That wasn’t good for anyone.

But still, she contemplated.

“Chloe?”

She nearly jumped out of her skin as the cheerful voice brought her out of her reverie. She glanced up.

“Jimmy.” She greeted and he smiled.

“Hi.” He tapped the camera he held. “We have that cat pageant assignment to get to.”

Oh. She had completely forgotten. “Oh joy of joys.” She said with a small smile. “This will be some hard hitting news.”

Jimmy shrugged with the same bright smile. “I guess they liked your article about the first one the Metropolis retirement home held.”

She shrugged. “From Pageant moms to retirement homes: Cat Pageants. Metropolis’s geriatric community’s new obsession. I wonder what I’ll discover this time.”

Jimmy laughed. “It was a good article Chloe. You’re a great writer.”

She smiled at the compliment. “Thanks Jimmy. Maybe one of these articles can get me out of this dungeon.” She shrugged. “If not, then at least we’ll have good pictures.”

His grin widened at her own compliment to him and she felt herself grinning back.

He held up the camera. “So are you ready to go?” He asked and she nodded.

She glanced back at her monitor and deleted the message, feeling a sudden touch of freedom at doing it. She was strong. She could handle this. “Yeah. lets go.” She reached for her pen, pad and purse and stood up.

“Chloe, how about we get some lunch afterwards?” He asked as they made their way toward the elevators.

She smiled and nodded. “I’d like that.” See? That wasn’t so hard. She was going to have lunch with Jimmy and then dinner with Clark and Lois later tonight. She could resist.

Even if it was Monday.

Lunch with Jimmy was pretty uneventful, and she found herself staring into space out of boredom every time he spoke on tangents about this that or the other. She knew it was rude, but she couldn’t help herself. She was distracted with other troubled thoughts. She hadn’t said anything for the past ten minutes, but she was sure she was smiling and nodding at all the appropriate parts of the conversation.

“….Film.”

She blinked. “Film?” She repeated confused.

Jimmy smiled brightly at her, his eyes twinkling. If he knew she wasn’t listening he didn’t mention it. “I was saying how about we go back to the office so you can get started on your article and I get print out these pictures.”

Oh. She reached into her purse for the food, and paused when he threw some money down onto the table.

“Lets go.” he said softly. She stood up and paused when he gave her a small smile.

“I had fun today Chloe.”

She nodded. “Me too.” It was sort of the truth.

He cleared his throat, his expression suddenly coming more serious. “I was wondering if you’d like to go out Friday night?” He gave her a hopeful expression.

“Sure.” She answered before she could stop herself. She watched as his hopeful expression changed into a one of joy.

“Great!” He said, and she smiled.

“Great.”

“Tell me again why we aren’t eating the delicious food again?”

She gave Clark a sideways glance with a small amused smile. “Because we’re waiting for Lois to get back from work.”

Clark blinked at her still wanting a better answer.

“Its rude Clark,” she sighed. “You know how Lois gets when it comes to rudeness.”

He raised an eyebrow. “She must be pretty disappointed in herself then because she’s the rudest person on the planet.”

Chloe giggled at that, and Clark smiled at her. “Its nice to see you smile again Chlo.”

Her laughter faded slightly at his words. “What’s that mean?”

Clark shrugged. “I don’t know. You’ve just seemed a little sad lately. I was getting worried, but didn’t want to ask because I knew it’d only annoy you.”

She nodded. “You were right.” she said, glad he knew her that well. She shrugged slightly, a sheepish smile coming onto her face. “I don’t know. I’ve just been in one of my moods again.” That was a small lie. She knew the reason.

Clark nodded, the same soft worried expression in his eyes. “I know working at the planet has been hard on you.” He said softly. He paused for a long moment. “If you ever want to talk about anything Chloe. Anything at all, you know I’m here right?”

She stared at him. She wondered if he knew just how much those words were so tempting to her. She wanted to tell him everything in that very moment. Wanted to tell him how she was sure she was losing her mind. How she was in love with his enemy. How she had been lying to everyone for the past year and it was slowly destroying her. She didn’t say any of these things. Only nodded. “Thanks Clark.”

The grin he gave her made her insides ache.

“I can’t go down there.” Chloe whined, and Lois gave her a strange look.

“Chloe, I need coffee. You need coffee. So go get coffee.” Lois pushed the money in her cousin’s hand and shooed her toward the door and into the hallway. “I’m already late for work. I have to get dressed.”

Chloe stared at the closed door with a deep frown. She glanced down at the money in her hands before looking over at the steps towards the Talon. “Fine.” she sighed.

Perhaps she was being irrational. It was after all, Nine in the morning. What were the odds of running into him here? She quickly made her way downs the steps and into the Talon. She smiled at the waitress as she made hr way toward the counter.

“Hi Christa.”

Christa turned, a surprised smile on her face. “Hi Chloe! You haven’t been in here since forever. I was beginning to think you’d changed your brand.”

She smiled slightly, feeling relieved at overcoming her paranoia. “Nope. Can I have two large cups please.”

Christa nodded. “Lois late for work again?”

Chloe nodded. “Yup. A double please?”

“Of course.” Christa answered, turning away with a small smile.

Chloe tapped her foot anxiously, glancing around the shop and eyeing the patrons. She felt herself relaxing as the seconds passed by. She’ll have her order and she’ll be out of- Her thoughts grinded to a sudden halt as a familiar voice reached her ears.

“Hi Chloe.”

She felt her eyes slowly closed and she sighed. Of all the people to run into- She slowly turned, plastering a fake smile on her face as she did. “Lana.” She greeted cheerfully. “Hi.”

The girl smiled at her. “I was just coming to see you, I wanted to talk to you about something.” She turned towards Christa. “A sweet tea please and a large coffee black with three sugars.”

Chloe felt herself freeze, she only knew Lex was the one to take his coffee that way. Which meant he was close by.

“Here yah go Chloe.” Christa said placing her order onto the counter before turning and making Lana’s order.

“What was it you wanted to talk to me about?” She asked, making sure to keep her voice neutral.

Lana eyed her brightly, giving a disarming smile. “Well as you know Lex and I are engaged and I’ve been working on the guest list and the bride’s maids…”

Oh no. Chloe wished herself to go death as the words made their way out of Lana’s mouth and into her ears.

“….If you would be my maid of honor?” Lana finished with a bright smile.

Chloe blinked in surprise. She stared at Lana, her heart suddenly racing as she tried to work her mind around this bizarre situation.

Lana’s smile faded a bit when the silence between them prolonged. “Chloe?”

She blinked again. “Uh-I- I don’t-” She trailed off as the door to the Talon opened and the source of her pain walked through the door. She felt a sudden rush of panic as his eyes caught her own and he made his way over toward the two of them. She was not ready for this. She hadn’t even had her coffee yet. He looked good, as usual, and she felt her eyes slide away unconsciously at the way he glanced at her, his face blank.

“I was wondering what was taking so long.” He said, leaning over to give Lana’s cheek a kiss. “Now I know.” He said mildly.

Lana smiled and reached for his hand, and Chloe raised an eyebrow knowing he wasn’t really into that much hand holding.

“I was just asking Chloe if she could be my maid of honor.”

Lex glanced over at Chloe with a half smile. “Really?” He asked tilting his head slightly. “Well, what do you say Chloe?”

She knew cruelty when she heard it. She could tell by the glint in his eyes that he was teasing her. Being so cruel on purpose. She was surprised that she had no biting reply. She could only stare at them as they stood in front of her, hand and hand. Lana with her happy smile and Lex with his smirk, obviously amused at the situation. For some reason, her eyes slid to the diamond earrings Lana had on, to the diamond necklace, and lastly the huge diamond ring on her finger. She felt her stomach turn as her eyes slid back up to Lex’s own. He raised an eyebrow. “No.” She said finally, feeling slight satisfaction at Lana’s startled look. She smiled slightly, hiding the pain she felt. “I’ll have to decline Lana.” She turned, placed the money down onto the counter and grabbed she and Lois’s coffee. She turned to face the couple again.

“Nice running into you.” she said lamely, before turning and walking away, but what she really wanted to do was run the fuck out of there.

Chloe was always good when it came to being humiliated or even being in pain, and she was in pain. She had a nice constant reminder of that from the tight knot in her stomach every morning she’d woken up. She was good at ignoring it though. She didn’t give herself time to dwell on the pain.

She just simply buried herself into her work. She took on any small duty that needed to be done at the planet. Whether it was typing up the movie time tables to proof reading over fifty articles a day. She even worked overtime, reading so much her head hurt. She wouldn’t leave work until she felt numb enough to drive home and fall into a deep sleep.

It wasn’t until Friday came that she remembered she had a date. She really didn’t want to go, and she wasn’t going to, until Lois threatened her.

“You’re acting weird Chloe. You need to go out and have fun, and if you don’t, I’ll be forced to take serious action.”

She had frowned at that, wondering what was fun to her. She didn’t back out though. She had said yes to going out with Jimmy and she felt bad for wanting to stand him up. So when he showed up at Lois’s place at 6 o’clock on the dot, she was ready to go.

She didn’t expect she’d have an enjoyable time.

He had taken her to dinner then to a movie and a comedy show afterwards. He was funny and charming and she hadn’t thought about Lex or made a comparison the whole time. No, she was enjoying herself. She was having fun, which was something she hadn’t been doing for a few months now. She was even surprised by herself when she asked if he would like to go out again, and of course he said yes.

So, now they sat, nursing their coffee both, suddenly very quiet. Chloe smiled at him, noticing he looked as though he wanted to say something.

“Yes?”

He shook his head slightly, shrugging. “Its just- are you enjoying going out with me?” He asked hesitantly.

Chloe nodded, still smiling. “Yes.”

He nodded. “Good. I mean- that’s good right?”

She laughed. “Yes. I think.”

He seemed to brighten. “Oh. Good. That’s-” He trailed off and sighed. “Chloe you and I have a past and…”

Her smiled faded the more he spoke. They did have a past. One filled with bad sex and awkward teenage fumbling .One she would rather not speak nor think about right now.

“….If we could kind of pick up where we left off. Well not with the…but I mean…kind of like going out more, like we’ve been doing, and-”

“I’d like that.” She cut in softly. Why not? He was sweet and she had a life. How else was she going to move on?

He smiled at her, and placed his hand on top of hers.

Chloe returned his smile with one of her own, even though on the inside she felt herself die just a little bit more.

“Well I’m heading out of here. Chloe you saying?”

Chloe glanced up from the computer at Jenny, the other intern with a small smile. “Yeah. I want to finish up this work.”

Jenny frowned. “On a Saturday night?” She shook her head. “You work too hard. I’d think you’d be out with your little honey bun Jimmy-”

Chloe rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Jimmy’s not my-”

“If your say so!” Jenny called over her shoulder. “Don’t work too hard Chloe. See yah Monday!”

Chloe stared at the spot Jenny just exited with an annoyed frown. “Bitch.” She muttered to herself. She turned back to her computer, and continued typing up her article, looking it over before sending it to the printer. “Not too bad for a cat pageant article.” She sighed and stood up when her computer alerted her that the printer was out of paper.

She walked into the printing room and towards the printer, frowning when she noticed only the first page of her article printed. Bending down, she picked up a pack of paper.

“Cat Pageants: Metropolis’s new war. Interesting title Chloe, although I do like the first one you wrote much more.”

Startled, Chloe jumped, bumping her head on the table she was under. “Ouch.” She muttered standing up. She slowly stood up, rubbing her head. She came face to face with Lex, who held her article in his hand. She reached over and snatched it from his hands. “Well, you know it’s a problem that Metropolis needs to know about.”

He smiled at her. “Of course.”

She felt that familiar flutter in her stomach when he smiled at her, and her eyes slid away from his face, down his body to his very expensive shoes and up again. He looked good as usual--and had to turn to press the power button on the printer because those types of thoughts about Lex were no longer allowed. Because she had moved on, and he had made a fool of her and she hated him for it.

“What are you doing here?”

“You know exactly what I’m doing here Chloe.”

He was using that cool tone of voice, but she could hear the subtle agitation he couldn’t hide from her. She slowly turned to face him her expression serious. “No,” She said levelly. “I don’t know Lex. Why don’t you enlighten me.”

He stuff his hands in his pocket, and with a humorless smile. “After the first and second time you didn’t show up, I figured you were busy. But after the second week passed-” He paused, looked up at Chloe with an angry expression. “You know I don’t like being stood up Chloe.”

Chloe let out a harsh laugh. “Right.” she said sarcastically. “I’ll remember that the next time I stand you up. Would you like me to e-mail or call you?”

They stared at each other for a long moment, and a small ironic smile ghosted his lips. Chloe became nervous.

“I understand why you didn’t meet me. Being unloyal to someone as benign as Mr. Olsen can be hard.”

“Leave Jimmy out of this.” She said quietly.

“Why?” He asked. “You seemed quite happy on your little dates he takes you on.”

“How did you know-” She trailed off with an angry expression. “Were you following us?”

He only stared at her and she folded her arms.

“You’re fucking freak.”

“And you’re a liar.” He stepped closer.

She let out a breath of disbelief. “What? You’re calling me-”

“We’re both liars Chloe.” He stepped closer until he was standing directly in front of her. “You and I both know that. But I wonder what Mr. Olsen would think of you if he found out what you’ve been up to these past few months. Or even worse, Clark. He wouldn’t think too highly of his little side kick if he ever found out the truth.”

Chloe’s ears were ringing as she stared at Lex. Her heart pounded as she pushed him away. “Don’t fucking threaten me.” She hissed, her throat thick with emotion. “You think that’s what I’m afraid of? Go ahead and tell the world for all I care. It’ll be a relief.” She turned away from him. “You have a lot of nerve showing up here after the way you embarrassed me the last time I saw you.”

Lex seemed briefly surprised by what she said, and he stepped closer again. He sighed. “You know I can be cruel Chloe-” He paused when she turned to face him. “I can be much much worse.”

She narrowed her eyes up at him, but he only smiled. He was playing with her, and she was the fool because she was falling into it. Falling for his smile because she was weak, and he was dangerous. Dangerous because he was handsome and persistent and so fucking manipulative.

She looked down at her hands that still clutched her article, they were shaking. She felt tears prick her eyes and she wiped at them angrily.

“Chloe?”

She glanced up to see Lex watching her with a look of concern on his face.

She glared at him. What did he want from her? Why was she so weak for him?

“Chloe?” He repeated.

“I fucking hate you.” She uttered.

His expression was serious. “Maybe.”

“You’re a bastard.”

He smiled at that. “Yes, you’re right.”

She shook her head miserably. “What do you want from me?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know yet, but I know what you want.”

She gave a harsh laugh. “You really don’t.”

He shrugged again. “You’re probably right.” He tilted his head to the side. “I‘ve missed you Chloe. ”

She took a deep breath and looked up at him, her heart beat speeding up at the heated look on his face. He stepped forward, brushing himself up against her, but she stepped back.

She held her hand up, pushing him away firmly. “No.” She glared. “You just want to fuck.”

He looked offended. “Is that what you think?”

She gave him a look. “Its what I know.”

He smiled and she looked away again. She couldn’t take that smile. His scent. Verything just surrounding her. It was overwhelming after not being this close to him for over a month.

“Chloe?” He said in that same tone, and she looked up at him.

“I said no.”

He only smile again.

He really shouldn’t smile at her. She thought as she pulled his mouth down on top of hers in a bruising kiss.

Lex moaned against her mouth, and stepped backwards. Her back hit the wall with a quiet thud, but she only wrapped her arms around his neck even tighter. She felt her article crinkle in her hands and she opened her closed fist, letting it drop soundlessly to the floor. Her mouth opened against his own and his tongue slid inside.

She moaned this time.

There was that feeling again. That rush that had been missing inside of her for the past month. It made her feel alive. Their tongues danced against each other as they both fought for control.

Her arms slid from around his neck, and she worked her hands underneath his jacket. She slid her hands down his back towards his ass and she squeezed.

“Fuck.” Lex moaned against her mouth.

He thrust his hips forward, and she gasped at the hardness she felt. She tilted her head to the side as he kissed and sucked her neck before moving toward her ear to whisper.

“You’re wrong about me wanting to fuck you Chloe.”

Her eyes slid open as he suddenly pulled away from her. She looked at him through have lidded eyes, panting. “What?” She asked as he slowly smiled at her.

Lex didn’t answer, only smirked wider and slowly slid to his knees.

Her eyes widened slightly as his hands made their way up her skirt. “You’re not-”

“I am.” He murmured hooking his fingers in her underwear. “Lift your leg.”

Chloe only stared at him.

He raised an eyebrow and slowly slid a finger between her legs. “I know you want to Chloe-” He trailed off and rubbed her through her underwear. “I can feel how wet you are.”

She was wet. Embarrassingly so, but she knew that didn’t matter to Lex. She knew how much he enjoyed that. He slowly pulled the flimsy material down her thighs o the ground, and she slowly lifted her legs. He placed her thigh over his shoulder and leaned forward.

Even though there was no one here, save for security downstairs, anyone could still walk in on them and find them. She was terrified and excited, and felt no need to push him away.

His face was on her, his tongue licking her cunt in that expert way of his. He knew just what she enjoyed, left no stone unturned. He flicked his tongue over her clit fast then slow, before sucking it into his mouth, hard.

“Oh, Fuck.” She moaned, her hands sliding over his head as she thrust her cunt onto his face.

Lex grasped her waist in his hands, and he squeezed, pulling her closer against he hummed against her, the sound sending vibrations straight to her clit. Her knees buckled, and she sagged against the wall. Her eyes slid closed and she squeezed his shoulders as spasms shook her body from her sudden climax.

“Oh god.” She whispered as he continued licking her, swallowing down the rest of her wetness she offered.

She stood there panting. She gently pushed his head away when she felt too sensitive between her legs. “Stop.” She murmured quietly.

Lex did, he gently lowered her leg to the floor and sat back on his haunches.

She glanced at him, frowning as he wiped his mouth off with the back of his hand. She glanced away and bent down to pick up her underwear. She awkwardly tried to put them on, flinching when he reached out to help her. “Don’t.”

He sighed. “Chloe?”

She was stupid. So stupid. Nothing was solve. It was still the same. He was still marrying Lana. She was still miserable, and she still wanted him. She had broke the rules, and something told her there was no turning back.

Her hands shook as she fixed her clothing, making sure to avoid all eye contact with him. She crossed her arms in front of her chest when she was finished. “I think you should go now.” She murmured quietly. She glanced down as he slowly stood up.

She could feel his eyes burning a hole through her as he watched her silently.

“What do you want Chloe?”

She looked up at him at the odd tone of his voice. She was slightly startled at the open expression on his face. She knew the answer to that question. She had plenty of answers. “I want-” she started quietly. “I want to be left alone.” she watched as his expression seemed to change to the more familiar blank one she knew.

He smiled a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. “You know I won’t do that.”

He reached out to caress her cheek, ignoring her sudden flinch. He turned to leave. “See you next week Chloe.” He called over his shoulder.

She only watched him go until she could no longer see the back of his head. She bent down to pick up her crumpled article.

She stared down at her article, the words blurring before her eyes. It wasn’t until drops hit the paper that she realized she was crying.

TBC
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

Yay!!! Thanks Julie for posting the missing chapter
    Malu

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

This is one of my favorite fics
    Malu

NS Senior Member Senior Member HotCrossedBunny's Avatar

I loved this story from beginning to end - in fact I sat down telling myself that I would only read one chapter and well several hours later and a mountain of things left to do here we are. It was funny, sweet and touching. Brilliant! I am so glad that they got their happy ending.

I love this fic
    Had to reread it
    Malu

Members

great story!

NS Full Member

Haha Chloe couldn't wait for him to ask. And stupid lex honestly he couldn't give up his wallet?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information