+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

Kill Lana

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) *Chapter 3 updated 6/19/07*

Well I’m glad you all are enjoying this story. Thanks for all the feedback guys. Here’s chapter 3. Enjoy! I wanted to make this one longer, but was too eager to post.

Chapter 3

It’s her birthday today.

He smirked as he thought of the flowers he sent her, knowing she would enjoy them. He smirked even larger as he lit the last candle and glanced around the candle lit bedroom.

She would surely find the humor in this little romantic gesture of his. She always understands his humor.

Lex remembers his mother tell him you can never help who you love. Which would explain why she married a man like his father. He remembers a time before his mother became I’ll with depression and heart disease. Before his accident in Smallville, his parents were very much in love. He could remember the way they looked at each other, with such passion and love. Lex was sure his father was at his happiest when around his mother.

Of course, like everything Luthor, it didn’t last. Nothing lasts. Life has shoved that lesson down his throat a great fucking deal.

But still, Lex could still remember staring in wonder at the look on his father’s face every time his mother would enter a room. He remembered hoping to have someone to make him feel the way he was sure his father felt.

Of course, that delusion and childhood wish was quickly dismissed as he grew older and suffered through his share of homicidal gold digging wives, he was sure he was far off of the mark of being in a relationship with anyone who would make him feel the way he was sure his father had felt about his mother.

Of course he had been wrong.

Chloe. He hadn’t thought he would be able to touch her again after everything that’s happened between the two of them two years ago. Of course, sometimes problems like those doesn’t matter when it comes to sex.

Really good sex. undoubtedly the best sex he’s ever had.

Of course, for him, it was more than that. More than just fucking until your muscles ached. He wasn’t quite sure what it was, but he knew it was more. He found himself feeling anxious to see her until their next meeting. Found himself thinking about her when they weren’t together. When they were together, he was honestly at his most relaxed and dare he say content. He enjoyed her presence, which was saying a lot considering she could annoy him with just one sentence. That’s what he enjoyed so much about her. She was also passionate about everything she did. Whether it was talking, working or fucking. He felt a slither of pleasure curl inside his stomach at the thought of her. The passion and intensity he felt between the two of them when they were together made him feel something he couldn’t rightly describe.

It made him feel uneasy. It bothered him. Made him want to rethink their whole arrangement.

Chloe was a very complex woman whom he knew that some issues meant more to her than others, and some issues meant nothing at all.

Of course the issue of Lana never really became an issue until he proposed. It was her reaction that perked his interest. It threw him when she mentioned Lana. She never mentioned Lana when they were alone. It was one of their rules. It threw him even more when she asked why he proposed to her.

He couldn’t answer the question. He hadn’t bothered to think about why he proposed to Lana. It was the next step wasn’t it? He knew Lana still loved Clark. He also knew that, given the chance, she’d leave him. He also knew she wanted to leave him. Of course, she never would. She was too afraid to be alone and dependent on herself. Somewhere deep inside of himself, he was getting extreme satisfaction in knowing that.

Perhaps it was easier to be with her than anyone else. She was dealing him a different kind of betrayal. He gave a sardonic grin. He honestly doesn’t believe they’ll even make it to the altar.

That should bother him more than it really does.

But still, he was beginning to wonder if it bothered her. If she was even jealous. He felt his stomach clench at the possibilities. Even though they’ve been sleeping with each other for the past year, he still couldn’t quite figure out if she even liked him. She seemed to enjoy his company, but there was a fine line with Chloe.

He poured himself a drink as he sat down and reached for her birthday gift. He hoped she liked it. At least accepted it. She had a problem accepting things from him. After lots of string pulling and undermining of government officials, plus up to half a million dollars in payoffs, she’d better accept it, because if she didn’t- He frowned deeply at the odd urge he felt at wanting to please her.

“Lex?”

He placed his drink down as her soft voice echoed throughout the penthouse. He smiled as he stood up, placing her gift behind his back as he followed her voice into the bedroom.

He stood in the doorway, silently watching as she surveyed the bedroom. Jesus, his pulse was already racing with excitement of seeing her for the first time in seven days. He was quite pathetic.

“Did you run me a bath as well?” She asked and he smiled, unsurprised that she knew he was standing there watching her.

“Well,” He sighed. “I didn’t want to go too far.” He smirked as she turned to face him. His eyes slid from bottom to top, stopping on her eyes. He frowning to himself at how tired she looked.

“You’re funny.” she said, and he smiled.

“What?” He asked, glancing around. “You don’t like it?”

“The cheesy ambiance? I think you’re confusing me with someone else.”

He paused, the smile freezing on his face as those words tumbled through his mind. He fought the urge to ask who she was referring to. “You’re right,” He agreed. “This is the last time I do something romantic for you.”

“Romance isn’t in the rules.”

He carefully concealed the sudden sting at those words. That sharp reminder of their arrangement that she liked to give out so much.

“Rules,” He heard himself reply. “Right.” He held out her birthday gift. “Happy birthday.” He said, and he watched as stared at the wrapped gift as if it contained the black plague. He smiled at her as she looked up at him, feeling surprise at the bundle of nerves he felt building inside himself. He was beginning to feel quite ridiculous standing here holding out this box- his thoughts trailed off as she snatched it from him with a small glare.

He carefully watched her reaction as she unwrapped her gift, feeling frustrated at being unable to decipher her reaction.

“Margaret Fuller’s original manuscript-” He heard himself explaining. He knew she was going to say she couldn’t accept it. Knew she was going to say he was breaking the rules. He was surprised when she smiled at him.

“Thank you.” she said softly, and he felt a large smile slide onto his face.

Lex couldn’t stop the groan from escaping his lips as his cock slid inside of her for the third time.

Nothing should ever feel this good to him. His hand gripped her waist as his mouth found her own, kissing her hard as his cock slid in even deeper.

He was sure he was addicted. He was almost positive it was not normal . Almost sure it wasn’t natural to want anyone this bad.

Then again, he’s never really been normal. He’d always been an over indulger of sorts whenever he procured something he thoroughly enjoyed.

Chloe was no exception. She seemed to know what he liked. What he enjoyed most. She was into his kind of kinks as well. He meant it when he said he and lana’s sex life didn’t venture very far. In fact, it ventured no where. He’d only slept with Lana once, and even then it was subpar. He hadn’t been surprised. He hadn’t taken Lana to bed since, and she didn’t seem to-

His invading thoughts stuttered to a halt as Chloe’s nails scored down his back.

“Fuck!” he groaned, thrusting harder. His tongue thrust against her own, matching the movement of his cock. She was so wet. So hot, the sounds emanating from her throat urged him on.

“Spread your legs wider.” He whispered harshly, and she did, spreading her legs are far as they could go. Their hips slid impossibly closer, and he groaned at the angle change as his cock slid even deeper. He thrusts harder, faster. Groaning in her ear as he felt the beginnings of her climax, his own following quickly after.

He collapsed on top of her, rolling off of her when she gently pushed at his shoulders. He glanced in her direction, frowning when she turned onto her side, turning her back to him.

He lay back and slipped the condom off. He tied it, and leaned over to toss it into the garbage. He glanced over at her, lifting his hand to touch her shoulder, he paused and changed his mind.

He watched her back, his thoughts turning. He knew she wouldn’t be with him if he asked. He could demand it, but he knew that wouldn’t turn out so great. Chloe wasn’t one to be pushed around. He knew she wouldn’t turn her back on her friends or family. There were too many factors in their lives for anything to ever work between them.

As similar as they were, they were still on two different worlds. Things were only going to get much worse, that he knew.

He wasn’t letting her go though. He was selfish that way.

TBC- next part up soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Those idiots, they both want more from each other but won't say anything. They should just talk and figure things out, others be damned, but they won't because they are idiots.

So Lex is with Lana just to hurt Clark, but he knows it's not going to lead to anything? I still think being with Chloe would hurt Clark more that being with Lana, but that's my beef with the show. Getting 'betrayed' by a friend you trust with your secret would hurt more than actually being betrayed by your horrible, desperate for love, starved for more attention even though she gets all of it, never could be trusted, lying, slut of an ex-girlfriend, but again what do I know as a lowly fan.

Lex should just let the whole thing go. If things aren't going to go where he wants to with Chloe, the least he can do is just dump Lana. Tell Clark some shit about how she said Lex was better in bed, then dump Lana, so they are both hurt, and then work on getting Chloe to like him.

I really do like that he wants to be original and unique with her and that he was really worried about her liking the gift. He could have spent just as much money and trouble on jewelry but it wouldn't have been special. I also like that he does have a real idea of love even if it is from so long ago. It's nice to think that Luthor family did have moments of love and joy.

Still, he's an idiot, and if he wants my permission to pursue anything more with Chloe, then he's going to have to dump Lana and concentrate all efforts on Chloe. No more great smut scenes with Chloe until he ditches the Pink, preferably in front of a large crowd and stating all her faults with viable proof.

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Loved it!! So glad that you gave us Lex's POV cause I love to know what goes on in each characters' thoughts. Seems that Lex is more aware, and even a little happy, about his feelings for Chloe. Most happy about the fact that he doesn't love Pinkie and is only using her to hurt Clark. Thank you!!! I'm very curious to see where this'll all lead to in the next chapter, especially after that last line about his never letting her go and knowing that Chloe feels they should end this because she's falling for him.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Alright, an excellent update and it's from Lex's POV

So he is feeling exactly what Chloe is feeling, but he doesn't want to let her go. How will he react when Chloe wants to end their arrangement?
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Another grat chapter, I love the plot you're setting up in this story.

Kat

You are confusing me- Have I lost chapter 2? The story is great of course- them not talking to each other, besides their verbal judo, will only cause them heartbreak. And Lex not really being with Lana because he is in love with her- now that I love!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I’m really sorry, Kimbo that this isn’t going to be a customarily long review, but this is the final week of school for me, which makes it the time when ALL the work has to be tied off and made ready for exhibition, display and judgement. I cannot EXPRESS how incredibly stressed out I am!

But your fic helps in relaxing me

THANK you for this Lex POV. It certainly answered a LOT of questions about WHAT the heck is Lex thinking… It seems like all my more hopeful suspicions were correct. Lex IS indeed harbouring some deeper feelings for Chloe, but the stupid, cowardly sap is nowhere ready to admit it unless he gets a definite sign that Chloe reciprocates.

One thing I found interesting was how Lex studiously avoided the word ‘love’ throughout his musings. He kept thinking to himself that he enjoyed her company, that he appreciated her wit, intelligence, charm and talents, that the sex was explosively amazing and fun… He even admitted that he feels rather ‘lonely’ without Chloe… wondering where she might be, what she might be doing, looking forward to seeing her again.

I’d say that Lex is most definitely, madly (and even obsessively) in love with Chloe, but he’s nowhere near ready to admit it to himself… much less HER!. But he DOES at least acknowledge that he feels ‘something’ for her beyond lust. Pffft! How big of him *rolls eyes*.

There was a mention in the chapter about ‘something’ that happened between them two years ago? Is that when they started the affair? Or did they try having a ‘real relationship’ then, only to have it horribly fall apart?

As for Lana… soooo, Lex is only ‘dating’ Lana to male Clark jealous. AAAaaaaaargh! AGAIN, that stupid, STUPID man is letting his obsessions get in the way of his happiness. Can’t he figure out that he doesn’t stand of CHANCE of winning over Chloe as long as he keeps making calf-eyes at Lana in public!!! How can he be so stupid??!!

And having sex with her?! Was that truly JUST to get even with Clark… because being intimate with a girl (any girl! Even Lana) just as ‘revenge’ against another person is LOW… and evil to a depth that Lex really needs to explain and apologise for.

I REALLY loved the ending where Lex finally acknowledges to himself (possibly for the first time) that he’s never going to let go of Chloe… and it’s deliciously ironic that he came to this conclusion as precisely the same moment that Chloe decided it was time to get OUT of this arrangement. I can’t wait to see whose will turns out stronger. Please update soon.

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

Loved it!

Thanks for Lex POV. I'm enjoying your characterization of him. I like that Chloe is strong and he know it, and that he can only push her so far. I like that he's not having sex with Lana cause that just uggghhhh. Great story. I look foward to much more. Dagney

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

They are so frustrating. They need to talk, great chapter.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information