+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

Dealing w/ a Ship Change Senior Member

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) Chapter 17 updated 7/25/08

Great cliffhanger! I'm feeling really sorry for Chloe right now thinking how guilty she must feel not having that last tryst with Lex before seeing him this way, but she needs to get to him now and get in that room. Tell the nurse they are married or something....

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) Chapter 17 updated 7/25/08

Oh my God!! If it rains, it really pours. I hope Chloe is not going to blame herself for this.
    I need the next chapter as of right now!
    Hurry!
    The world is going dark!!
    As always a fantastic chapter.

Wow, did not expect not.That should push Chloe to Lex's direction.

Cant wait to see what happens next.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

ANother excellent update. I can;t believe Lex got shot. Need to find out what happens next ...more please.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Oh man, what a cliff-hanger!

Poor Lex is trying all of these different ways to woo Chloe back into his arms but none of it is working, and now he gets shot on top of it--what the heck else can go wrong?!

Please update soon and let us know that Lex is alright
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Geez, talk about a cliff hanger. Chloe better admit her feelings now. I loved their little rendevous on the balcony.

shocking about Lex getting shot. I hope the media was wrong with the details. Chloe needs to tell him she loves him damn it! Dagney

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I was SO pleased to see another update, Kimbo! I have seriously missed this fic, and I wanted to see what Lex’s next move was going to be. It seems like he’s still being sadly unimaginative and disappointing in Chloe’s eyes. Heh, but actually, I LIKE that he’s fumbling and screwing up so badly. He’s usually so smart, smooth and suave, that it’s really satisfying seeing him acting like a bungling fool, LOL!

I was LOL at the way the chapter began with Lois and Chloe making fun of Clark for being such a wilfully blind dork. LOL! He’s got all kinds of startling super-powers, the strongest of which is the power to self-deceive, ROTFL!

“What?” Lois said softly. “But- Its so shiny.”

Chloe tossed the box onto the counter with a deep frown. “I don’t want it Lois.”

“So can I have it?” Lois asked. She watched as her cousin climbed into bed and buried her face into the pillows. “Chlo?” She asked. “You okay?”

Chloe was silent for a long moment before she answered, her voice muffled by the pillows. “I’m sending it back.”

Lois sat on the edge of the bed. “Hey.” She said softly. “I know this isn’t how you expected it to be. But I mean a diamond bracelet-”

“That means nothing to me.” Chloe said. “He’s missing the point.”

“So, he wants to buy your love. Its more than most guys do.” Lois said.

“Shut up Lois.” Chloe muttered.
    ROTFL! I have to admit, my initial reaction to the lovely diamond bracelet was very similar to Lois’s… ooooh, shiny!!!! LOL! But then Lois caught into exactly what was Chloe’s problem with the diamonds, and I realized how cheap it was to be won over so easily by a shiny bauble. Quite honestly, it’s EASY for Lex to buy jewellery, flowers, chocolates and all other such material things to try and purchase his way back into Chloe’s good graces again. It’s EASY for him, and requires absolutely no effort or imagination or RISK on his part. How is he going to win over Chloe’s trust if he still keeps on trying to pull the same tricks on her that he used to pull on all his other cheap high-society one-night stands?

I loved that Chloe felt nothing but disdain and contempt for the ‘easy gestures’ Lex was making… Although, I also felt she was feeling a little ‘hurt’ by how frivolously Lex was treating this matter.

She knew he had been watching her all night. Had been following her and she had chosen to ignore him.
    ROTFL! I bet Lex actually HATES the fact that he can’t stop himself form following Chloe around the ballroom. He knows that she’s noticed him, and that she’s wilfully ignoring him, and he knows that stalking her is giving her the power in this situation… but he still CAN’T help himself from keeping a close watch on her Every. Single. Second. LOL! Excellent! So much more satisfying that the Shiny he sent over earlier

He wrapped his hand around her own and pulled her onto the dance floor. She laughed as he struggled to pull her closer because of the camera around his neck.
    LOL! I just adored your Jimmy, Kimbo! He’s such an adorable, sweet little dork. I’m glad he and Chloe have managed to become friends after everything that happened.

He turned them on the step. “Do you mind telling me why Lex Luthor is currently staring at me like he wants to kill me?”
    ROTFL! Jimmy had better get someone else to start up his car for him this evening… preferably someone who won’t be blown up in the ensuing explosion. Lex probably thinks that Jimmy represents a substantial threat in the wooing of Chloe, and it probably galls him to know that THIS person is actually competition! LOL!

She glanced over at Lex who was now standing at the bar drink in hand. “It should be more than just wanting me Jimmy.” It was more than wanting for her. She wanted everything from Lex and she wouldn’t take any less.
    That was such a sad, poignant note in Chloe’s voice. Oh that poor girl! She truly doesn’t know how crazily, madly in love with her Lex is, does she? She can’t believe it! No wonder she’s keeping herself distanced from him to keep herself safe. It’s damned lucky for Lex that there’s still a bit of girlish hopefulness left in Chloe that’s letting her give him this chance and opening to win her over… it’s a small and difficult chance, but it’s definitely more than he deserves.

“Did you tell him that?” He asked.

“No.” She answered, moving as he dipped her again.

He smiled down at her. “Well how else is he going to know?”

“Why should I have to?” She asked stubbornly.

Jimmy grinned at her. “Because he’s a man and a lot of the time we don’t get it unless you say it. If not, then you’ll never get what you want.”

Chloe stared at Jimmy with a look of surprise. She slowly smiled at him. “Okay Doctor Phil.”
    ROTFLMAO! Oh I loved, LOVED this part. I loved the way that Jimmy reminded Chloe that, despite his suave, sophisticated brilliance, Lex is still just another clueless guy who needs clear and comprehensible cues from his lady before he knows what to do, LOL! That was SO cute. And it was even cuter that Jimmy is actually playing the matchmaker and peace-maker between Chloe and Lex. He really IS the sweetest guy!!!

Why did she have to tell him anyway? He should know already. She crossed her arms in front of her chest.
    LOL! I’d like to berate Chloe for being petulant, but the truth is that I understand this attitude perfectly. EVERY woman in the world understands this view perfectly. Why SHOULD we have to explain and spell things out carefully and slowly for the stupid men that we fall for? It’s NOT fair!!! ROTFL! And it’s really fun to see Chloe experiencing this very familiarly petulant hissy-fit, LOL!

“I’ve been having a grand night.” He said, not bothering to keep the sarcasm out of his tone. He made the small step until he was standing beside her. “You look really beautiful tonight Chloe.”
    I could practically SEE him drooling! LOL!

“I don’t want your gifts. I don’t need you to buy me anything.”

He nodded. “Okay.” He looked away from her and Chloe had the distinct feeling that she had said the wrong thing.
    Heh… I think Lex took that sentence from Chloe to mean that she was rejecting his presents as a way of rejecting him. Those presents were not worthy of her because she didn’t consider HIM worthy of her. I was glad that Chloe clarified her stance and problem almost immediately.

“Why do you think you can buy me into your good graces?” She asked suddenly.

He gave her a surprised look. “I wasn’t trying to buy you into my good graces. Chloe, the only way I know how to show you how I feel is to buy you nice things. I didn’t mean for it to offend you, and I certainly don’t think its going to buy you back.”

“Oh.” She said. Of course it made sense. What with him being a Luthor and all. Material gifts were his only way of showing his feelings. She fought the urge to roll her eyes.
    I was REALLY glad to see Chloe told him exactly kind of a problem she had with the presents. And it’s also good to see that Lex didn’t mean those presents as a ‘See what I can give you if you take me back’ bribe… he meant them as a ’I’m thinking about you and missing you desperately, so please don’t forget about me gesture.

Awwww… that dear, clueless dunce of a man. I can see how the misunderstanding happened, and I’m glad that he understood immediately what Chloe meant when she accused him of trying to bribe her with gifts, AND that he made it clear that he wasn’t expecting those presents to buy his way back into her heart again.

“I’ve missed you.” He admitted softly. “I’ve missed our time together.”

“The sneaking around?” She asked. “The lying. The cheating?”

He smiled. “The sneaking around part was rather fun.”
    LOL! Trust Lex to make a charming, flirtatious joke out of anything, LOL!

He groaned and sucked her tongue into his mouth. His hips thrust forward and she broke their kiss with a shocked gasp at the first signs of wetness between her thighs. She glanced over at her shoulder at Lex, who was watching her with dark eyes.

She moved her hips back against him, biting her lip as his hardness brushed up against her again.

“God Chloe.” He muttered into her ear. His hands came to rest onto her hips and she squeezed. He thrust up against her again.

She would laugh at the fact that they were practically dry humping outside on the balcony where anyone could walk out here and see them, but she couldn’t. She was too paralyzed by the jolt of pleasure this simple act was sending between her legs.
    Oh that was HOT, Kimbo! I loved seeing how quickly and easily they both can become overwhelmed by each other. Lex has a lot going for him in the sense that he can make Chloe’s body respond to his so passionately. *shudder* and there was something undeniably HOT about the image of both fo them practically dry humping each other while in the middle of a dinner party.

He kissed her neck, behind her ear and her cheek. All the while his hips continued their slowly movements. Chloe turned her head again so she could catch his mouth in a hot kiss. She let his hands slide up her stomach, towards her breast and he squeezed them once, then twice.

Chloe shuddered and her hand moved between his legs. She stroked him through his pants as he bent his head and sucked on her neck.

Her eyes widened as she felt the familiar beginnings of an orgasm.

Lex held onto her as she shuddered in his arms. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the back of her neck once.
    Hot, hot, HOT!! Oh that man is SO skilled as a lover! But the damndest thing is that he barely had to do anything to get Chloe off like a rocket out on a balcony. She can’t help but respond to him like that.

She leaned her head back against his chest in a daze. She blinked as she felt him tighten his arms around her. Her eyes widened as she finally realized what it was she had done.

“We can’t.” She whispered, sliding away from him. She moved around him and Lex turned to face her.

He leaned heavily against the balcony. “You’re killing me Chloe.”
    Ouch! That was pretty harsh, but I can understand that it was the smart sensible thing to do for Chloe. Still, it made me wince to imagine poor Lex being cock-teased to this point, and then being told to back off. Ouch! And all this after Chloe got such a beautiful, powerful orgasm too. Still, I was pleased with him for not making too much of a fuss over Chloe saying ‘no’.

“I’m sorry.” She said. “I can’t do this to you. Lead you on like that.”

“lead me on?” He frowned. He stepped closer toward her and she took a step back.

“Don’t.” She pleaded holding up her hands. “Please don’t.” This was all wrong.

Lex watched her worriedly. “Chloe?”
    Hmmm, I wonder what Lex thought Chloe meant by ‘leading him on’. I think she was just apologising for cock-teasing him during their moments on the balcony… but perhaps Lex had a panicked thought that Chloe actually meant ‘lead him on’ in the sense that she’s sorry she’s led him on to believe he had a chance at all?! That perhaps she’s about ready to completely close the book on him and move on?

Lois nodded. “Its strange,” she said. “especially since you wanted to leave in such a hurry. I mean I didn’t even get to the nitty-gritty about that pig farm. Not to even mention the giant hickey you’re sporting right now.”

Chloe slapped her hand over the right side of her neck.

Lois grinned. “So you and Lex-”

“Don’t start.” Chloe cut in. “It was a moment of weakness.”

Lois grinned. “Some weakness.” She said. “You looked absolutely sexed-”

Chloe sighed and shook her head. “Lets not talk about that.”
    ROTFL! Trust Lois to pick up on all the little clues about what happened to Chloe this evening, ROTFL! I was impressed that she listened to Chloe’s plea to stop teasing, but I guess Lois knows when’s the time to push, and when’s the time to back off.

“….Authorities are saying that this seems to have been a failed robbery and so far the police has made no arrests. Once again if you’re just tuning in Luthorcorp CEO Lex Luthor has been critically wounded by gunfire. He was shot in the chest and rushed to Metropolis general with unstable vital signs and is clinging to life at this hour.”

Chloe stared wide eyed at the television. “Oh my god.”
    Oh my goodness, NO! Oh poor Lex!

Unless…

Is this a desperate trick that Lex devised to ‘test’ how Chloe feels about him. He might have picked up on a very disheartening and panic inducing impression about being on the verge of being dumped tonight… so perhaps he decided to play out a little drama to see what Chloe’s reaction might be?

LOL! For his sake, I HOPE he’s actually been shot, because if he wasn’t, Chloe’s going to KILL him, ROTFLMAO! Which would be pretty fun to watch actually

I look forward to the next chapter. Please update soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

How could you end it like that. She better get there quick.

OMG!! I hope Lex is okay. That was a nasty cliffhanger, you evil woman! (Lol) The balcony scene with Lex and Chloe dry humping was totally hot and super sexy, I just wished Chloe didn't stop it.. but oh well. (Lol)

This chapter was fabulous... I look forward to reading more soon!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information