+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Disappearing Acts Chapter 13 updated 5/3/08

Dear, darling Kimbo! You’ve been working so hard to make this chapter pitch perfect for us, and we appreciate ALL the work that went into ‘polishing’ it up, because this update was delicious, and the plot is developing along beautifully!

Was it something she did wrong? What was so wrong with her that even Lex didn’t want her? She shook her head angrily. Angry at the fact at how weak her thoughts sounded. Angry at the fact that she had gone and assumed- She never made assumptions. It was something she had learned long ago. She should have known better.
    I felt like crying right alongside Chloe, cuddling her… and then giving Lex a nasty black eye and bloody nose to mess up his beautiful, cowardly face. I HATE the idea that Chloe had even a MOMENT where she blamed herself for Lex walking out. It was ALL Lex, Chloe! Put the blame for the ‘weakness’ where it belongs!

“Good.” Lois said. “And you may want to delete all of the messages Clark and I left because your mailbox is full now.”

“I was only gone for a few days Lois.”

Lois snorted. “A few days? Chloe, you just disappeared.”
    Hmmph! I think Chloe didn’t fully appreciate how drastic these past few days must have been on Lois and Clark. Chloe has this habit of falling into ALL kinds of potential fatal situations, so it makes sense that Lois and Clark would freak out if she just ‘disappeared without a trace’.

Despite Chloe’s casual, cavalier response, I really appreciated seeing how intensely Lois was worried… it’s NICE to see someone so concerned about Chloe.

“Ouch.” She said as she dropped her bags. She wrapped her arms around Lois, returning the hug. “Can’t breathe here.”

“Don’t ever go off like that again. You here?” Lois pulled away to study here. She frowned. “Ugh you’re so tanned. I’m jealous. How dare you go off to Mexico without me?”
    ROTFL! This was a really cute reunion. LOL! I can tell that Lois is fighting between the impulse to hug her and kill her, LOL! Good thing the hug is winning out so far, because Chloe needs some major TLC time.

“Chloe?” Lois said worriedly. She pulled her cousin toward her. “Chloe?” She repeated as Chloe began to sob in earnest.

Chloe tightened her arms around her cousin. Suddenly overwhelmed with emotion, she sobbed harder, letting out everything she had been holding on inside.

“Oh hey.” Lois said patting Chloe’s back awkwardly. “I’m sorry. I’m not jealous. I’m not mad at all.”
    Oh I was REALLY pleased about this. I am SO glad that Chloe just couldn’t maintain her strong, stoic façade, and that she was forced to break down in the ‘safe place’ of her cousin’s embrace. That’s it, Chloe! Let it all out! And let Lois make it ALL better!

Chloe shook her head. “Its not that.” She sobbed out. It wasn’t that at all. It was so much more. It was her guilt at lying to everyone about her relationship with Lex. It was the pain that Lex caused her. It was the anger she felt for letting Lex get under her skin.
    I loved the description on the huge overwhelming number of emotions that caused Chloe to suffer this breakdown. The poor girl is SUCH a conflicted, confused mess. Damn, Lex deserves to suffer!

Lois only shook her head again. “How did you keep that a secret? A whole year. How did you hide that from me?”

“I was stealthy.” Chloe answered quietly. “I told you we had a system.” She grimaced at that.
    yeeouch! So we have the WHOLE ugly truth out in the open. In all it’s sordid, glorious detail! EXCELLENT! It’s fantastic and heartening to see that Chloe has finally opened herself up, and she’s no longer hiding away all these soul-killing secrets hidden inside her anymore. But I love how shocked Lois is… and I highly approve of the way that Lois is not judging Chloe about her ‘weaknesses’, her decisions or her choices in sexual partners…

Actually, she’s most shocked that Chloe would be able to keep something this HUGE from her cousin and closest friends. I liked the idea that Lois was ‘only’ a little freaked by the idea that Chloe was leading a ‘double-life’ that no-one knew about. I can imagine how very disconcerting it must be to find out that one of your closest relatives has a secret life so completely different from her ‘normal’ life.

LOL! Chloe and Lex had a ‘system’? LOL! What did they do? Secret hand gestures? Smoke signals? Cryptic, coded phone messages?

“Yeah.” Lois said. “The bastard. Leave it to Lex Luthor to-” She trailed off, somehow knowing that’s not what Chloe wanted to hear right now.
    leave it to Lex to… ‘love ‘em and leave ‘em? Ouch! That’s a very nasty kind of finishing! Hmmm, I wonder whether THAT is what she stopped herself from saying… it certainly seems to fit the cruel callousness of his behaviour.

Lois shrugged. “He broke off the engagement with Lana. She came by here looking for you a few days ago. She was pretty upset.” Lois frowned. “I had to comfort her.”
    ROTFL! Oh gee! What a fun time THAT must have been for Lois *rolls eyes*, LOL!

“The timing seemed off.” Lois answered defensively. She frowned. “Why would he break his engagement then break it off with you? Especially after asking you to go on a romantic getaway.” Lois rolled her eyes. “What am I saying? He’s a Luthor.”

Chloe silent for a long moment her mind turning. Yes. Why would he do such a thing. He had made it clear to her that he was marrying Lana. He had made it quite clear what his intentions toward her had been. The longer she thought about it, the more she frowned. Suddenly, her eyes widened.

“Of course.” She mumbled to herself.
    heeeee! I was wondering what was going on with the Lexana wedding. I was SO sure that Lex had cancelled it before leaving with Chloe for Mexico… it was great to get confirmation on that thought. AND it was fantastic seeing Chloe getting this news fresh, and putting the pieces together about WHAT was going on in Lex’s head. Squeeee!!! Go get him, Sullivan!

“You’re a coward.”
    LOL! This was the perfect opening! It’s something I have been screaming for AGES at Lex, and I cannot describe how thrilling it was to finally, FINALLY hear someone say it to him :!

“The kitchen.” She answered with a smile. “You should tell your staff to keep that door closed.”
    ROTFL! Lex’s security still sucks! There are certain constants in life that reassure you that the world is ‘all right and normal’. Sky blue, Earth spinning, and Lex’s security…. SUCKS! LOL!

She stared hard up at him. He was being so blasé about this and it was beginning to really piss her off. But she still kept her calm. “Congrats on the new found freedom. It must be nice to be living back in bachelorville.”

Something dangerous flashed across his face before going back to calm indifference. “It is.” He titled his head to the side. “Is that all you‘re here for?”
    Heeee! Nice start! It was great seeing them both circling each other, probing for a weak spot before attacking for blood!

She didn’t answer him. Her senses were suddenly surrounded by the familiar scent of his cologne. It’s been two weeks, she realized. Her eyes slid from his face and down up body and back up again. She could see the subtle change in his expression. She knew she’d been caught.

Lex smirked down at her. “What are you really here for Chloe?”

She stepped back, but he followed. She hated the fact he did this to her. Just being around him like this did things to her physically. She swallowed and looked over his shoulder.

“Chloe?”

She met his gaze and noticed how dark his eyes had become, and it wasn’t too long before she was wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his mouth down on her own.

Lex let out of a moan of assent as he wrapped his arms around her.
    ROTFLMAO! That was actually VERY unexpected, but it was actually very fun and satisfying to watch. I really enjoyed the way that the two of them got barely started on their argument and banter before they threw themselves at each other in a sexually heated frenzy. You can see, still, the kind of pure animal attraction that led them both to this situation in the first place. Awesome!

“Fuck!” she groaned as she glanced down at Lex, who was busy drowning himself between her legs. Her hands grasped his head as she spread her legs impossibly wider. She pushed her hips against his mouth and he groaned against her and the vibrations were sent straight to her cunt. She felt that familiar tingle begin and she pushed him away from her with her last ounce of strength.

Lex slowly kissed his way up her body, pausing at her breast. He took her rose colored tip into his mouth and sucked hard before moving onto the next one.
    I have to admit, upon first reading, I thought this was the reconciling ‘make-up sex’ that would lead Lex and Chloe to a stable relationship again… and while I WAS a little resentful of the way that it was relatively ‘easy’ for Lex, I DID like the way that he was focusing all his attentions on making this as damned good as humanly possible for Chloe. Perhaps ‘this’ could be counted as Lex’s atonement (hot, sexy atonement), LOL!

Nahhh, let’s make the bastard make some more mistakes that he has to suffer and pay for later

Chloe sighed and shook her head. “No.” She moaned and grasped his ears in her hand. She pulled him up and he silently obeyed, settling himself between her thighs. Her eyes met his and she shivered. She was dripping wet, and she could feel his hard cock nudging against her entrance. “Inside.” she breathed, lifting her hips. “Fuck me.”

Lex was all too happy to oblige. He pushed inside of her, both of them groaning at the first touch of him being inside. He rose to his knees and grasped her waist in his hands in a tight grip. He pounded into her, keeping a fast steady pace. He lifted her hips even higher, thrusting deeper.
    Oh this was GOOD, Kimbo! I loved the way that Chloe dragged him up from his VERY nice place, and told him that she needed to be connected to him again. And he was all too happy to accommodate. Hot, sexy… WOW!

Chloe’s head tossed and turned on the couch cushion, clawing at his hands as she felt the familiar pressure between her legs. She wasn’t going to last long, and she could tell from the grunts and groans coming from Lex that he was in the same predicament.

He removed his left hand from her hips and slid his thumb across her clit. Chloe’s eyes widened and her body tensed and bowed. A low shout fell from her lips as she came. She pulsed around him as he speared himself inside her tightening cunt, and it wasn’t long after that he too came with a long groan, spilling his warmth inside her convulsing body.

He released her waist and slumped forward and rested his head against her chest, both panting for breath.
    Wow! As always, this was incredible, amazing smut, Kimbo! I am in awe!!! I loved the way that they two of them were completely overwhelmed and lost in each other as well as the HEAT between them. It’s so easy to see how this was so addictive to both of them, and how it became something ‘more’.

Chloe tensed as she felt his fingers slide up the outside of her arm.

“Just like old times Chloe.”

She stared at the ceiling, her body growing more tense. Old times? She thought. She swallowed and slid from underneath him.

Lex let her slide off of the couch. He turned on his side, and watched as she slowly began to put her clothes on. “I’ve missed you.” He admitted.
    Oh Lex, NO!!! You stupid, STUPID man! You had a prime moment, and golden opportunity to be able to ‘have’ Chloe back again with minimum grovelling, and you’re THROWING AWAY this miraculous second chance??!?

It was at this moment where I was pained (as well as angst-junkie delighted) to see that this was NOT going to be reconciliation and ‘make-up’ sex… that this intense, hot session actually made things worse for Lex. LOL! That LEX made things worse for himself, ROTFL!

Heh, he is seriously his own worst enemy, isn’t he?

Lex really thinks that this is an opportunity for them both to go back to the ‘simply, uncomplicated’ kind of relationship that they used to have? Where they just to fuck and have some light laughs, and then go back to their ‘normal, separate lives’? Now I KNOW that his reasons for breaking off with Chloe were purely self-serving cowardice rather than any truly ‘noble’ concern for her. He’s too damned scared for something real!!!

“Home.” She answered shortly. “This was a mistake.” She whispered. She shook her head angrily as she slipped on her shoes.

“Mistake?” Lex smirked. “Didn’t feel like that to me.” he reached for her, but paused when she flinched away. He frowned and reached for his boxers and pants. He slid them both on. “You still aren't mad about Mexico are you?”
    aaargh! *bangs head on wall* HOW can such a brilliant, astute, insightful man be so, SO stupid??!? He REALLY thinks that they can go BACK to the people they were… shoving aside all the feelings and revelations that they had during the Mexico trip?

She turned sharp eyes on him. Her glared slowly faded when she noticed he didn’t seem bothered by it. “You’re a coward and a liar.”

Something close to anger flashed in his eyes. “Excuse me?” he asked softly.

Chloe shook her head at him. “I said you’re a coward and a liar.” She repeated softly. Calmly. “I know you broke it off with Lana the day before we went to Mexico.”
    Heeee! This is AWESOME, Chloe! Give it to him! Stick it where it hurts! Make sure he knows about the low opinion you have about him and his behaviour! I loved how Chloe was being so candid with him about her contempt, and Lex couldn’t really provide any answer despite his anger over her insults. Heh, hurts, does it, Lex? Good!

“No.” She cut in softly. “You sit there and pretend I mean nothing. What we had was nothing. Maybe in the beginning, but-I see you Lex. I see right through you.”

“Is that right?” He asked, bending over to reach for his shirt. He slid it on and buttoned it up.

She nodded. “It is. I can see it in your eyes Lex. They can’t lie when you’re fucking me.”
    Hmmm, I can see now why Lex thought that Chloe was willing to go back to their previous ‘uncomplicated arrangement’. He didn’t know that she had figured out he was lying through his teeth during that last day in Mexico… he probably thought she had come to terms with his ‘lack of feelings’ and had approached him, willing to have sex with a man who ‘didn’t love her’.

I can see it came as a VERY unpleasant shock for him to finally understand that Chloe saw right through him, and had actually confronted him to call his bluff and force him to admit his true feelings. Feelings that he’s NOT ready to admit to yet.

She shook her head. “I’m not. I’m quite rational. You know what you wanted and you had it. Willingly. Yet you threw it away the first chance you got. All because of your twisted irrational way of thinking. You’re too scared to have something real because you don’t know how to handle it.” She paused before she spoke again. “I don’t want a man like that.”

She could see his carefully controlled expression crack.

“Chloe-” He said quietly. “Stop it-”
    I just LOVED the sheer contempt that Chloe was displaying towards Lex right now. He can tolerate hate, dislike and even distrust. But contempt, indifference and pity… THESE are the kind of emotional reactions that REALLY hurt him when directed towards him. I was SO glad to see Chloe twisting in the contempt like a knife. Excellent dialogue, Kimbo! I was so PROUD of Chloe!

She ignored him. “I’ll admit that you still affect me. Physically. I don’t think I’ll ever know anyone like you Lex. I’ll never forget you. But, right now. At this moment, I know that I don’t love you anymore.”

She reached for her bag and walked toward the exit.

“Chloe-” Lex called, but was unable to say more.

She turned to look at him one last time. “Goodbye Lex.”
    Squeeee!!!
    The last chapter had Chloe left broken and emotionally bleeding on the floor. Now THIS chapter has wounded Lex, and let CHLOE be the one to walk out strong and proud on HIM! This was a fantastic twist and turn on their ‘relationship’, Kimbo! I loved the idea that Lex is finally going to have to deal realistically with the idea that he’s finally driven Chloe’s love for him right out of her. He had this ONE final chance, and he blew it… big time!

This was a fantastic chapter, Kimbo! I wish you the BEST of luck with your next one. Please, PLEASE update soon!

OMG I absolutely loved that Chloe told Lex off! Everything she said was true, he is a coward and a liar and she totally deserves better... and the best/worst part is, Lex knows it! But I do love that Lex finally broke-up with Lana.

The talk between Lois and Chloe was great, Lois is an amazing cousin. I had the funniest image of Lois trying to comfort Lana. *giggles*

Amazing hot & incrediable smut as always! I can't wait to read the next chapter--hopefully with Lex begging Chloe for forgiveness! *wink*

NS Full Member

Wow..............that was powerful. I wonder what Lex is going to do now, and poor Chloe, that must have been hard for her to do, making Lex realize the truth. Please update soon.............I need to know what is going to happen next.........

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Chloe don't lie like Lex you love him. But I am glad you gave him what he deserved.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

I'm glad she got to walk out on him but she didn't have to lie. Of course she's still in love with him.

I knew Lex broke it off and wanted a get away but why all the song and dance if he was just going to give in at the first sign of Chloe coming to see him. No matter nice smut.

I wonder how he is going to try and when her back. Update as soon as you can.

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Disappearing Acts Chapter 13 updated 5/3/08

What an amazing chapter! I'm glad this time Chloe was the one to walk out on Lex. Is this the end for them? I hope not!!

Wow! That was a pretty powerful ending. I'm glad though that you let Chloe have the control. Great chapter and I hope you update soon.

Zod is my homeboy

Go Chloe!!! Lex, you suck.

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Oh man, this chapter broke my heart! I'm glad that Chloe confronted Lex about everything, but it still hurt to see how messed up the whole situation has become. I'm still pissed that Lex hurt her, but you let us see just how much he's hurting, too. Can't wait for more!

it's been a while since i actually posted here, and it's also been a while since i reviewed at all. but this wonderful fic just forced me out of the woodwork! amazing update as always! i was glad that it didn't take chloe too long to realize the motivations behind lex' actions. he is a coward, glad that she called him out. now he has to do something to earn her love, truly earn her love. looking forward to more!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information