+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappearing Acts (NC-17)

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) *Chapters 6 and 7 updated 10/16/07*

Found an Internet Cafe where I could use my laptop... so here's my review for your latest, Kimbo...

This was a VERY interesting update. It completely turned over my perception on how Lex views this relationship with Chloe. It seems like Chloe viewed this trip as a ‘final hurrah’ with Lex before he got married… a way for her to get closure on their affair before he’s (finally) deemed unavailable and off-limits to her. This trip to Mexico was a way for Chloe for finally say ‘good bye’ to this affair.

But Lex on the other hand… I got the impression that he was trying to WOO her into continuing their relationship… perhaps he was even getting ready to finally take it up to a whole new level (where the bastard actually publicly admits that he’s fucking her instead of keeping her hidden like a dirty secret).

Chloe arrived twenty minutes late, and was annoyed that Lex didn’t look annoyed. He’d actually looked surprised that she even showed at all.

“You came.” He stated, his voice betraying the surprise his face showed.
    I really liked the uncertain note on which it began, with Chloe wondering to herself why she was going, and Lex was obviously half-afraid that Chloe would change her mind and not show up. Heh, they have a LOT of stuff to sort out if they ever want their affair to evolve into a loving, trusting relationship, it seems like they cannot make even the simplest of plans without major uncertainties and misunderstandings between them.

“Because I prefer to drive.” He answered cryptically. He shrugged slightly. “Unless the thought of sharing such a small space with me for a couple of hours bothers you so much?”

She only shrugged slightly. “Just don’t see much point to so much idle time if we’re not going to have sex.” She turned away from him and made her way toward the passenger seat, ignoring the deep frown he gave her.
    I was similarly shocked at the idea of Lex choosing to DRIVE all the way to Mexico, but in retrospect, it’s a BRILLIANT idea, and absolutely delicious. I loved the implications over here that Lex wanted to spend some quality time with Chloe, that he wanted to effectively ‘trap’ her in a small, enclosed small for an extended amount of time. It’s delicious because it suggests that Lex wants to have the chance to actually COMMUNICATE with Chloe instead of just fucking her.

I’m getting the feeling that, throughout their superficial sordid affair, Lex has not brought up the idea of a deeper and more meaningful relationship with Chloe because he simply didn’t think she’d be interested. He has no way of knowing that she’s falling in love with him, and that she’s trying to distance herself to protect herself.

It’s possible that Lex just sees her keeping herself at an emotional distance, and believes that she’s not willing to see him for anything more than a fuck-toy. Hence the reason for him frowning when Chloe said that there’s no point to them spending time together if they’re not having sex.

NEITHER of them believe the other views them as anything more special than a nicely shaped fucktoy. Oh, the poor confused kids!

Hopefully Lex will have the guts to use this precious time to actually TALK to her about what he really wants from her? What ‘does’ he want from her anyway?

“What are you typing?”

She glanced up at him. “Just something for work.”

“Another article?” He asked.

“Uh huh.” She answered.

“What about?”

She continued typing. “Nothing important.”

He frowned with a sigh. “Chloe-”
    I was LOL at this part. I can imagine Lex spending the first few hours of driving trying desperately to think of something to say, only to have Chloe shut him out by pulling out her laptop… all because SHE can’t stand the awkward silence between them either. LOL! Poor confused kiddies.

“Why did you bring me on this trip?” She asked suddenly.

Lex smiled softly. “I already told you why Chloe.” He glanced at her before glancing back out onto the road.

She shook her head. “No, you didn’t.” She saved her work and closed her laptop. “I want to know why.” She pushed.

His smile widened as he pulled into a seven eleven. “I’ll tell you later.” He murmured, turning the engine off.

Chloe glared at him as he slid from the car and made his way into the store. She let out the breath she’d been holding and frowned deeply. What the hell did that mean anyway? Why was he playing games with her when she so obviously wasn’t in the mood for it.
    Aaaaaargh! I also wanted to strangle Lex over here. That frustratingly vague, illusive bastard! Just tighten his tie around his neck and CHOKE him into spilling his guts, Chloe! I really, REALLY want to know what Lex is hoping to accomplish through this trip.

If this whole thing is something to just convince Chloe to continue their sordid affair even AFTER Lex gets married, I’m going to be seriously pissed off at him. But somehow, I really don’t think it’s anything as callous, petty and selfish as that.

“Nell.” She muttered. She frowned and rolled her eyes. Nell had been pushing Lana toward Lex since high school, that social climbing nosy bitch.

Seeing Nell’s name alerting Lex’s cell phone of her phone call cruelly reminded Chloe of how fucked up this situation was. She had no business being here with him. She frowned in disgust at herself and her weakness for him.

She glanced up as he slid back into the car. “It look likes its going to storm.” He commented, placing her bag of goodies into her lap. He glanced over at her and frowned. “What is it now?”

She glared briefly at him before opening up her bag and pulling out her bagel. “What makes you think something’s wrong?”

He shrugged. “Oh I don’t know. Maybe it’s the frown lines in your forehead. I don’t recall them being that deep before.”

She swallowed the piece of bagel she’d eaten. “They were, you just haven’t been looking close enough.”

He made a weary sound. “Chloe-”
    This part made me giggle, and then sigh with sadness at the complete lack of understanding and communication between them. Chloe is saddened and feeling like a weak, pathetic loser after being reminded of the reality of her situation (secret mistress to a man engaged to one of her best friends). But, of course, she’d sooner die than let Lex know about how she’s feeling so low about her circumstances, role and status.

And Lex… he’s really trying so hard to listen and understand Chloe… trying to draw her out to talk to him and tell him what’s wrong and what she wants, when she’s just continually closing him out. They both are just SO bad at this whole ‘talking’ thing. Perhaps they should take a course? LOL!

She sighed to herself as the storm began to pick up. The phone rang again and she stared at it, her eyes narrowing. Why was Nell calling him so many fucking? times anyway? Didn’t she get the point of him sending her call straight to voicemail This was her time with Lex before he was officially taken away from her and she was not going to let some money hungry freak like Nell interrupt it. Before she knew what she was doing she reached for it, rolled down her window and threw it out onto the road.

The car physically slowed and Chloe could only stare out the window in shock.

“Chloe?” Lex said slowly.

“Yes?” She asked, her voice shaking slightly.

“Did you just throw my phone out of the window?”

“I think I did.” She said, her voice surprised.
    ROTFLMAO! I really, REALLY enjoyed this scene. I especially liked the way that Chloe herself was shocked about her behaviour. I think it was an excellent move from her to throw that annoying phone out of the window.

Hmmm, but now I’m wondering why Nell was so desperate to get in touch with Lex Luthor. A thought came to mind… is it possible that Lex skipped out of town without telling anyone he was leaving? That right now, Lana and Nell are frantically looking for the groom (and their future meal ticket) hoping that he hasn’t been kidnapped or, even worse, gotten a case of cold feet, LOL!

Is it possible that the ‘Disappearing Act’ title refers to this trip that Lex Luthor is undertaking right now… that HE was the one to make the decision to make both himself and Chloe disappear from the face of the earth for a little while through the clever (and highly unexpected) use of a road trip to Mexico, ROTFLOL!

If this is the case, this is a surprising, delightful and AMAZING twist, Kimbo. I’ve been waiting for Chloe to disappear, either by hiding herself, OR by being kidnapped and locked away by Lex… but I never expected Lex to make BOTH of them disappear, without telling Chloe about what he was up to. ROTFLMAO!

He slowly pulled over and put the car into park. He turned to face her. “You know if you didn’t want to hear the phone I could’ve just turned it off.”
    LOL! I’m sure he could have, but that wouldn’t have been half as satisfying, or even a quarter of as much fun as flinging it out the car window, ROTFLOL!

She glared at him, hating the expression on his face. He looked confused; looked at her as if she were crazy. “That’s not why I threw it out of the window.”

She kissed him. It was the only thing she could thing she could think of doing on the account of his face being so close to hers and she certainly couldn’t explain away throwing his phone out of the window without sounding like a jealous psycho.
    hmmm, I wonder how Lex would have reacted if he had known that Chloe threw the phone out because she was jealous, and she wanted Lex all to herself during this trip. Would he have been delighted by this admission of deep feelings for him? Or perhaps he just would have been arrogantly smug at the thought that Chloe has fallen for him?

It only took a moment for Lex to respond to her kiss. His hands came up to cup her face and he angled his head to the side to deepen the kiss.

Her mouth slid open and she sighed as his tongue touched hers. She gripped his shirt in her hands, sitting up straighter so that she could move onto her knees. She straddled his waist, smiling to herself at his gasp of surprise. She broke the frantic kiss and moved her lips down his neck. His hands roamed down her back to her ass and he squeezed.

“Chloe-” He breathed, and she could hear the need in his voice.
    ooooh, HOT and really so gorgeously written, Kimbo. LOL! It might have been ‘just’ a distraction from Chloe, but it’s still quite quite an intensely hot Chlex encounter.

She could feel it too, could feel the hardness pressing up against her covered crotch. She moved against him and bit his neck, smiling at his groan. “Condom?” She whispered into his ear.

She pulled away when he didn’t answer right away, and she watched as he swallowed and pointed over his shoulder.

“Its in my bag. Which is in the-”

“Trunk.” She finished for him. She reached over into her seat for her purse. She quickly unzipped it and reached inside. She ripped one from the pack of five she had and presented it with a triumphant smile.
    hmmm, interesting. It seems like Lex was not prepared for any road-side quickies. I guess he really DID want to spend the 22 hours just ‘talking’ to Chloe. How about getting on with it, Lex!! Heh, after the smut, of course.

She placed her hands onto his shoulders as she leaned down to kiss him again. Their mouths moved against each other slowly. She pulled away from their kiss and nibbled behind his ear the way she knew he enjoyed.

If it was even possible, he hardened inside her more.

“Ride me.” He murmured against her mouth.

It started to rain even harder.

Chloe did as requested, lifting her hips, she slowly settled down. She carefully watched his expression, biting her lip as he met her gaze levelly. She lifted her hips again, letting go the moan that escaped her lips.
    I LOVED all the visuals inspired over here. The image of both of them in a truck, moving against each other, while the rain made rhythmic sounds against the windows… it was an AMAZING visual you planted for us, Kimbo. Excellent writing!

She wanted to laugh at the fact that they were fucking in a car. Well, a truck. She moved against him faster, a small giggle escaping her lips.

Lex eyed her strangely before he too laughed, his laughed turning into a choked groan when she rolled her hips.
    I really enjoyed this brief moment between them. When they shared a ‘small’ connection through shared laughter. It might not be deep communication, but it’s something.

“Oh fuck.” She breathed. She moved against him harder as she felt the familiar tingling begin in her stomach. She squeezed his shoulders as she moved harder against him, her breath coming out in harsh pants against his mouth.

Her eyes slid closed as she felt him move against her, his own groan signaling his own release.

She shuddered against him and slumped forward, her face burying itself into his throat as she did. She sighed as she felt his arms wrap around her waist hesitantly.

They were both silent, the only sound being made was their heavy breathing and the soft pitter patter of the rain outside.
    Seriously VERY hot! Loved this whole sequence. Kimbo, your smut writing is amazing. Your smut in your earlier work was also very good, but this… now it’s become really exceptional. Congratulations.

He met her gaze as he rolled the window back up, his eyes soft and amused. She hated it.

“Sorry about the phone.” She muttered.

He smiled at her. “I have a spare.”

She turned away from him, more annoyed that he wasn’t pushing for a reason from her than the reason she threw the phone out of the window. She shook her head, maybe she was insane. She could feel Lex’s eyes still on her and she felt herself grow even more tense.
    Heh, I really liked how Lex didn’t allow himself to be distracted from his earlier line of enquiry by sex… even really hot, amazing sex. And I really thought it was interesting that Chloe was actually disappointed that Lex didn’t push her further about her motivation about throwing the phone away… she doesn’t want to admit to the weakness of having feelings for another man not in love with her, but a good part of her is getting sick of the evasive deception, and she wants to truth to come out… even if it’s humiliating for her.

I wish I knew how Lex would react once he knew that Chloe has developed serious feelings for him. I can’t wait to find out.

She nodded and began to type into the computer’s system. “Would you like a queen or king size bed for you and your wife.”

Chloe’s head shot up to look at Lex, who seemed frozen by the question.

“I’m not his wife.” She explained quickly. She held up her left hand. “See? No ring. So, no I’m not his wife.”

Edith glanced back at Lex who stared down at Chloe with a deep frown. “So, a double then.”
    Heh, yet another sign that Lex actually LIKES the idea of pursuing something deeper and more meaningful with Chloe… hence why he frowned at the way Chloe completely dismissed the idea of the two of them being a serious couple over here. Perhaps he liked the idea of the two of them ‘pretending’ to be married over here?

Damn! I’m dying to know what he was thinking throughout this trip.

Chloe could always tell when Lex was angry ,and it always amused her how he would try and pretend that he wasn‘t. It wasn’t the obvious seething anger that his very short temper had no problem showing to his adversaries so that they could cower from his mere presence. It was the other type of anger the quiet huffy anger that made him seem more girly than a Luthor. She would always notice how his left eye would twitch, or the way he wouldn’t look her in the eye when she asked a question.
    LOL at Chloe’s observations and view about Angry-Lex. I think it’s great and really funny that she actually finds a ‘quietly indignant’ version of Lex to be ‘amusing’. LOL! She truly IS the perfect match for him… if only the two of them realized/admitted it.

“I mean, thinking we’re married.” She shook her head. “That’s absurd.” She glanced over at him when he didn’t respond. Her frown deepened as she stared at his back, which looked incredibly tense. “Lex?”

He seemed to snap out of the intense daze he had currently been in. He shook his head and folded the shirt he held before reaching for his toiletries bag. “I’m going to take a shower.” He muttered walking past her.
    Wow! Lex is seriously pissed at the laughing, hilarity filled manner with which Chloe has just dismissed the whole idea of being in a serious relationship with him. I think that, finally, now that he’s faced with the possibility of losing Chloe, he actually wants to pursue something serious with her… but he’s completely uncertain about how she’d react to a proposal of anything more serious than just ‘casual sex’ between them.

She slid out of her bed and made her way toward his own, but before she could reach him, he bolted upright in bed, gasping for breath. She carefully sat next to him, watching as he looked around their room, his eyes wild with fear. She reached out to touch him, pausing with a frown when he flinched away from her.
    She noticed the dullness in his tone. The whiteness of his knuckles as he gripped the fabric. She also noticed the tremor in his voice suggesting otherwise.

She slowly wrapped her hand around his arm, and her frown deepened. “Lex.” She repeated slowly. “You’re shaking.”
    Wow! I couldn’t imagine what was so terrible as to reduce Lex Luthor to this kind of a state. I think it might have frightened Chloe a little bit… seeing the normally stoic, strong, reserved Luthor in this kind of state. I could sense her fear as well as her care and concern as she asked him what was wrong. Although, of course, Lex’s immediate closed-off attitude to Chloe’s concerned questions were only to be expected.

The room was quiet for a long moment, and all she could do was lie there. She hated the fact that he didn’t want to tell her what was bothering him. She hated it even more that she cared. She knew he was stubborn and she knew he didn’t like anyone seeing him look so vulnerable. She had never seen Lex look so shaken up before, so afraid. She shuddered to think what could make a man like Lex lose control.

“The pills help me sleep through the night.” He said quietly. “Do you know how many causalities there were on black Thursday?”
    I thought it was ironic that Chloe is also so frustrated about Lex being so closed off and uncommunicative about how he feels when she herself keeps shutting herself off from all of Lex’s concerned inquiries. LOL! A pair as crazily stubborn as this would be perfect together, IF they ever manage to get together.

And then, I was REALLY taken by delighted surprise when Lex opened up to Chloe over here. He’s actually TALKING to her… perhaps he figured that being the first to open himself emotionally will lift away the barriers between them and encourage Chloe to also start sharing? It’s an EXCELLENT, intelligent, wise and mature attitude from Lex, and I really hope Chloe responds with some honesty of her own later.

He looked down at his hands. “It wasn’t a dream Chloe, it was a memory.”

“Oh.” was all she could say.

“About two weeks later was when I started realizing the effects of the aftermath. I started having these dreams which grew more violent each night. I would wake up and I’d feel as if I-” he trailed off and shook his head. “I don’t like feeling out of control. I fucking hate feeling helpless.”
    oh dear… so THIS is what produced such a horrified nightmare-fright reaction from Lex. I don’t blame him. Zod must have done some really deplorable, monstrous things while in Lex’s body. Granted, most of the episode was wasted on Zodana interaction, but I can imagine all the horrendous things Zod must have done to secure his hold on the country and planet.

Hmmm, now this leads me to wonder whether Lex might be ‘punishing’ himself by not allowing himself to get into a deep relationship with someone he respects and admires so much. He feels tainted from his time as Zod, and doesn’t feel anywhere near worthy enough to be with Chloe seriously.

Or perhaps he actually believes that having someone so incredibly simple and judgemental like Lana as a wife would help him ‘stay straight’? Or perhaps staying with Lana is also part of his regiment of punishing himself?

Or perhaps I’m reading too much into all this

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” she lied. “But you’re welcome.” She was surprised at the relief she felt as she realized how relaxed he had become. She lifted his covers and slid into bed next to him.

He eyed her carefully, his expression tense. “You don’t have to-”

“I want to.” She murmured pushing up against his side. She pressed her cold feet against his leg. “ Besides, my feet are cold over there.”

They both settled down onto the pillows and she reached over to switch the lamp off. She stiffened when she felt his arm wrap around her waist. She forced herself to relax when he slowly pulled her back against his chest. She frowned as she realized he was still shivering slightly. She placed her hand on top of his own and squeezed.
    I really loved how Chloe connected with him by comparing her own experiences with ‘demon possession’ with his. She offered Lex some real comfort and support tonight, and I think he really appreciated it. I think the poor boy has been trying to deal with this nightmare/memories all alone for a while now… Heaven knows that Lana would not have been of any help.

And it was beautiful how Chloe slipped into bed with Lex to keep him warm and comforted throughout the remainder of the night… even if she did try to dismiss away her gesture with her flippant ‘My feet are cold’ remark, LOL! I can tell that Lex was really touched by her gesture, and it was something that he really needed tonight. Perhaps now he’ll start feeling the urgency of telling Chloe he can’t live without her before he loses her for good?

This was an EXCELLENT couple of chapters, Kimbo. You really turned the characters and story inside out, and now I see them both from a completely new perspective. How wonderful! I can’t wait to see how the next chapter turns out. Is it going to be a Lex POV? I’d be ok with another couple of Chloe POVs if that’s the plan, but I’d love to know what Lex is thinking.

Please update soon. Perhaps a posting sometime around the 20th of this month?

Hmmm......did Lex like the idea of them being married? But then again he didn't say anything at the front desk, the question taking him by surprise....
    I have to think about this
    More as soon as possible please!

Owh Lex; you're such an odd duck!
    Please update soon!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I really, REALLY miss this fic. I'd love to see another chapter... And hopefully next time will have a nice Lex-POV interlude? I really want to know what Lex was/is thinking, and what he wants from this very strange road trip he's organized. I'd like to know whether I was anywhere near the mark with my guesses about this road trip being Lex's way of assessing Chloe's possible reaction to him suggesting a long-term committed relationship. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Please update soon.

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy View Post
    I really, REALLY miss this fic. I'd love to see another chapter... And hopefully next time will have a nice Lex-POV interlude? I really want to know what Lex was/is thinking, and what he wants from this very strange road trip he's organized. I'd like to know whether I was anywhere near the mark with my guesses about this road trip being Lex's way of assessing Chloe's possible reaction to him suggesting a long-term committed relationship. Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Please update soon.
    Tell me about it....
    Please update soon! I really want to know what happens on the way to and in Mexico!

Kill Lana

Can someone please explain to me why i have three different versions of this chapter? *sigh* i'm pulling my hair out right now trying to get this the way i want.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why i have three different versions of this chapter? *sigh* i'm pulling my hair out right now trying to get this the way i want.

Yeah, I know the feeling!
    Just sleep on it and tomorrow it will go so much better!
    Good Luck!

Kill Lana

Re: Disappearing Acts (NC-17) *Chapter 8 updated 11/17/07*

Sorry for the long wait. Thanks for all of the feedback! here's the next part.

Chapter 8

“Forty seven.” Chloe whispered. She had been awake for the past half hour, counting the freckles that dusted Lex’s shoulder. It was nine thirty and she knew he wanted to be on the road already, but she truly didn’t have it in her to wake him.

She had never seen him this way before. Caught unaware of his surrounding. She knew it was the drugs that had him sleeping so deeply, but it didn’t take away from the fact that he looked so peaceful while asleep. She’d never seen him look so relaxed. She couldn’t stop the small smile from forming on her lips as she noticed he was snoring very softly. It was the first time she had ever placed Lex Luthor in the same category as looking cute, here she was doing it.

She gently ran her finger across his cheek with a small sigh. She realized this was probably the last time they were going to be alone together. She didn’t bother to push away the sadness that thought caused her. She hadn’t fallen straight to sleep the night before after Lex had admitted to her about his nightmares. She took that time to think about her feelings for the past few months. She had decided that she would at least enjoy this time away with him while she could.

She rolled her eyes at herself. She raised her hand toward his bald head, and nearly jumped out of her skin when his hand reached out and caught her wrist.

“Don’t touch there.” He murmured sleepily. He slid one eye open and glanced at her with an slightly wary expression.

She rolled her eyes at him. “How did you know?” She asked with a huff.

“Intuition.” he answered with a shrug.

“Hmm,” She said. “Is that a woman’s intuition?”

He glared at her. “How amusing.”

She snickered. “Admit it, you left that all out there.”

Instead of answering, he glanced at the clock on the nightstand and frowned. “Its late,” He said casting an annoyed glance at her. “Why didn’t you wake me?”

She shrugged. “Because you looked exhausted-” She trailed off at his expression. “What?”

“Nothing.” He rolled over and slid out of bed. “I’m going to take a shower.”

Chloe watched him go with a small frown. She wondered what the hell crawled up his ass.

Breakfast was an interesting fair with Chloe having a one sided conversation. Grunts and one word answers the only thing Lex bothered to contribute to the conversation.

Now, there she sat, all alone at the table in the dining area, silently sipping her coffee, watching as Lex paced outside as he spoke into his cell phone. She glanced at his untouched food with a deep frown before glancing back outside.

She idly wondered who he was talking to and was pleasantly surprised to find out that she didn’t care. She felt a small grin slide onto her face the longer she watched Lex, who’s shoulders were tense and his jaw was tight with anger.

She was in a good mood, she realized. She was definitely in a better mood than she was yesterday and she wasn’t going to let Lex and his bitchiness get in the way of that. Even if he was really good at it.

“So judging from this map I’m reading, the direction we’re currently driving in is nowhere near Mexico.”

Lex glanced briefly at her before glancing back out at the road. “That’s because we’re driving a small airport in Austin.”

Chloe glanced at him surprised. “Oh.” she said softly. “Why?”

“We’re catching a private flight into Mexico.”

She frowned at him. “Why?”

He sighed heavily. “Because I couldn’t get up on time.”

“Oh.” she answered again. “Well, it wasn’t your fault. You were heavily medicated.”

“I was not-” he trailed off with a deep sigh. “Lets not talk about that. Okay?”

Chloe stared at him. She noticed his hands clenching the steering wheel in obvious agitation. She somehow knew what happened last night, was going to bother him. She knew Lex didn’t like anyone seeing him act that way. She knew in his mind, he believed that Luthor’s weren’t suppose to have moments of weakness.

"It's that what you've been angry about all morning?" She asked, already
    knowing the answer. "All because I know you have to take pills in order to
    sleep through the night?"

Lex glanced over at her with a blank expression. "Chloe," He said slowly.

"Don't."

She frowned confused. "Don't what?"

"Start," he answered. "Don't start. Not now."

Now she was confused. “What did I do? It isn’t that big of a deal Lex. You don’t have to worry. I won’t anyone.” She paused for a moment before continuing. “Not even Lana.”

He frowned. "What does Lana have to do with anything?"

"I don't know." She answered. She glanced back out the window, her good mood
    now ruined.

A strained silence passed between the two of them as they made their way to
    Austin.

They arrived at the private airport three hours later, and Chloe was unsurprised to see the large Luthorcorp logo on the tarmac and on the side of the plane. She slid out of the truck, and reached for her purse and laptop bag, pausing in surprise when Lex reached for it himself.

"I've got it." He said softly.

She let him take it, along with the rest of their bags out of the trunk. They walked side by side and in silence toward the plane. Chloe idly wondered who the man was standing in front of the plane waiting for them.

"Wait," Lex said suddenly.

Chloe paused, and looked up at him with a wary expression.

"I'm not angry at you." He explained softly.

"Okay." She said.

“I’m just- I don’t like-” He trailed off with a frustrated sigh, and Chloe couldn’t help but feel awkward about the fact that they were having this conversation in the middle of the runway.

"It's okay." She said with a hesitant smile.

“Okay.” he said with a small nod before he turned to go.

Chloe watched him go before she followed him with a small smile.

“Where are we?” Chloe asked as she realized they were in the middle of nowhere.

Lex glanced up from his date book. “We’re heading towards a small village outside Monterrey.”

“Oh.” She said, wondering if he knew she had no idea what that meant. “Why are we here again?” She asked.

“Because I have business to attend to.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and she turned to face him with a small frown. “So, what am I doing here?”

He only smiled, and she glared at his lowered head. She had no clue why he was being secretive, or if he was even being secretive and just was really trying to piss her off.

“You aren’t going to be doing any questionable deeds while we’re here are you?” She asked, knowing the question would undoubtedly annoy him. “Because if so I think I’ll be traumatized forever.”

Lex paused in his writing to glare her.

She ignored him and flopped next to him in the seat, jostling all of his papers as she did. “This limo smells weird.” she stated.

“I’ve noticed.” He commented, glancing back down to continue writing. “Perhaps it’s all of the dead bodies I’ve collected in the trunk.”

She nodded. “I figured it was.”

Lex gave a frustrated sigh. “Are you going to do this for the rest of the trip?”

She pretended to think for a moment. “Well, I don’t know. Are you going to continue to evade my simple questions?”

“I’m not evading your question. I’m just-” He trailed off at her look of disbelief. “Chloe, you know why I asked you on this trip.”

“No,” she said shaking her head. “I really don’t. Why don’t you enlighten me?”

Lex carefully put his planner away and turned to face her. “I wanted you to come because I-enjoy your company-” he trailed off with a pained expression.

Her frown turned into a glare. “You don’t know do you?” She shook her head angrily. “What am I saying I don’t even know why I agreed to come.”

They were both quiet for a long moment, and Chloe couldn’t push away the regret she felt at her words. She knew why she’d come. She just wished Lex knew the same. She shook her head and rolled her eyes at herself. She didn’t like the fact that this situation was turning her into a whiny emotional thing that she was so usually against. She also couldn’t tell if his silence was the fact that he was angry at her or if he was trying to figure out how to apologize without sounding completely stupid. She was even more angry that she cared.

“Chloe-”

“What?” She said turning to face him.

He gave her a serious look. “Do you want to go back home?”

She frowned at him. “What?”

He sighed, and closed his briefcase “I see you aren’t enjoying yourself like I thought you might.”

She glared at those words. “Don’t try and make me feel guilty.”

He shook his head in frustration. “I’m not trying to make you feel guilty. I just would really not to fight with you every hour.” His eyes pleaded with her. “Just bare with me,” He said. “Please?”

He’s manipulative. Was Chloe‘s first thought. He was probably toying with her, but the only other time she heard Lex utter the word please was when he asked her to come on this trip in the first place.

“I‘ll stay.” She said softly.

Lex gave her a grateful smile and they both sat back as the Limo came to a stop.

They arrived outside of La Estanzuela state park and Chloe couldn’t help but notice how beautiful the waterfalls that surrounded the village itself were. She grabbed the bag Lex handed her and glanced up as she noticed three children and two women headed towards them.

“Lex! Lex!” All of the children shouted.

Chloe stepped back in surprise as Lex was bombarded. Her eyes widened in surprise when Lex bent down to greet the children, speaking Spanish at a face pace. She could only stare in surprise as he stood up and introduced her to each child.

“Chloe, this is Maria, Catarina, and Bianca.” He introduced.

Chloe could only wave, dumbfounded as the three girls smiled at her. “Hi.”

One of the older women reached for her hand and smiled. “It’s a pleasure to meet you my dear. My name is Elise and this is my sister Victoria.”

Chloe nodded. “Okay.” She glanced over at Lex who was watching her with an amused expression. “Its nice to meet you too.”

The older woman holding her hand turned to Lex and uttered something with a small laugh, and Chloe felt herself wishing she’d taken Spanish instead of French in high school.

“Will you be staying long?” One of the children asked in English.

Lex only shook his head. “Only for a few days.” He said. He glanced over at Chloe. “I’m sorry ladies, but Chloe and I are going to head into the cabin.”

Both women nodded. “Of course,” Elise said. “Everything is as the same. We dust and there’s food.”

Lex nodded. “Thank you.”

“We’ll see you later tonight?” Victoria asked. “We’re celebrating tonight.”

“Of course.” He placed his hand on Chloe’s lower back and lead her up the small hill.

“What did she say to you when she shook my hand?”

Lex smiled before answering. “She said you were the first woman I’d brought here.”

Chloe raised an eyebrow. “Oh, well. Okay.”

Chloe followed him up the hill and down the road, all the while silently wondering what the hell was going on.

As they entered the cabin, Chloe paused in surprise at how nice it was inside compared to the way the inside looked. The walls were painted a warm cheery color along with the furniture which matched the large sectional sofa. It looked like an expensive version of the Kent’s farm house. It looked like the opposite of anything Lex.

She followed Lex into the bedroom, and paused in the doorway as she noticed that the bedroom was designed the same way. She watched as Lex placed his bag beside the bedside table. She watched as he took his jacket off and placed it onto the bed.

“What the hell was that?” She asked, not able to hold it in any longer.

Lex gave her a startled look. “What?”

She waved her hand for emphasis. “That. That thing outside. With the kids and the happy greeting? What was that?”

Lex chuckled. “Two years ago Luthorcorp had planned to build another plant in Mexico. The city of Monterrey was chosen because the amount of free land the city has.”

Chloe nodded. “Okay.” She said.

“Well,” He continued. “After the plan went through and the blue prints were drawn up, I found out that the land we were building on was this village. The city committee tried to convince me not to visit, but of course I did, only to discover that their were two thousand people in this village and that it was incredibly impoverished. They didn’t have proper homes or plumbing. There are five hundred children in this village and the majority of them had any form of schooling.”

“Obviously you didn’t build, so what did you do?”

Lex smiled. “I gave them homes, plumbing and I built a school. I also gave them supplies for their farmland.”

“You must’ve lost a lot of money.” She said.

Lex only shrugged. “Only a hundred Million. Their ancestors left them this land. Who was I to try and take it from them?”

Chloe could not believe she was hearing correctly. “What did you get out of it?” She had to ask, even if it was rude.

Lex chuckled “Nothing. Contrary to what you or anyone else may think, I don’t always have an ulterior motive.”

She sat next to him, feeling chastened. She was, for the first time, speechless. “Wow.”

Lex glanced sideways at her. “I do get a place to go when I want to get away from the world. It’s peaceful and everyone is very nice.”

Chloe glanced up at Lex , thinking she was seeing him for the very first time.

The celebration was in full swing, and Chloe was surprised at how much she was enjoying herself. She sat on the sidelines and watched as the others danced along to the Mariachi band. She glanced over at Lex, who was speaking with a group of men, and felt her insides quiver the longer she watched him.

“He’s very handsome, no?”

She turned, surprised to see a young woman sitting next to her. “I’m sorry?”

The woman smiled. “I’m sorry. How rude of me. My name is Maria. I’m Elise’s daughter. I was speaking of Lex. He’s very handsome.”

“Oh,” chloe said with a small nod. “Yes.”

Maria nodded. “So how long have you been together?”

Chloe quickly shook her head. “No, we’re not-” She trailed off at Maria’s look. “Its complicated.”

Maria nodded in understanding. “It always is. Take my husband for instance. The man Lex is speaking with. He’s the village idiot, but still I married him.”

Chloe giggled.

“I’m serious. Every time Lex Luthor visits, Almo thinks he has to have these long intelligent conversations with him about Mexico and goats.” Maria sighed. “So, what is it that you do Ms-”

“Chloe,” she said. “Just call me Chloe.”

“Alright, Chloe.”

“Well, right now I’m in school studying journalism. I’m a reporter.”

Maria nodded with a smile. “A reporter. I like that. I went to school in the city, now I teach here in the village. If Lex didn’t have that school built, goodness knows where our children will be.”

Chloe looked over at Lex again. “He does have a way of surprising you.”

Maria smiled before pulling over a bottle with two shot glasses. “I like you Chloe, Have a drink with me.” She said.

Chloe held up her cup of wine. “No, that’s okay I’ve got-”

“Nonsense.” Maria cut in, pouring each of them a shot. “We’re going to have a drink. You see in this village we have a saying: Never drink-no, don’t forget- oh hell I can’t remember I’m drunk.”

Chloe giggled and took the shot glass.

“Ready,” Maria said. “One, two, Viva mis Antepasados!” She screamed before downing her drink.

Chloe nearly jumped out of her seat as everyone chanted the same thing. She quickly downed her drink and promptly gagged. She placed her cup down and placed her hand over her chest. “What is that?” She said, and Maria smiled.

“That’s Tequila Feugo. Its made with tequila and chili peppers.”

Chloe coughed. “My insides are burning.”

Maria laughed. “That’s because you have to chase it with micheladas.” She handed Chloe a brown bottle. “Drink.”

Chloe did as instructed and was surprised at how fast the burning stopped. She glanced up at Maria with a smile, already feeling slightly fuzzy in the head. “That was-”

“Good Yes?” Maria asked, pouring them another shot. “One more.”

Chloe took the drink offered to her and brought it to her lips.

“You know its strange,” Maria said. “I always thought Lex was a homosexual.”

Chloe choked on her drink.

Lex held Chloe’s hand as they made their way back to their cabin. Well, Lex walked, Chloe stumbled.

“I think I’ve had too many Michaeladas.” She commented, leaning heavily against his side. “I have to pee really badly.”

Lex nodded. “Mexican beer will do that to you.” He helped her up the small steps. “Did you enjoy tonight?”

She nodded. “Surprisingly, I did.” She stumbled and toward the bedroom, unaware that Lex was hot on her heels. “Everyone is really nice. Especially Maria.”

Lex chuckled. “Which one?”

“Elise’s daughter,” She answered, falling backwards onto the bed. “She reminds me of Lois, except she’s not overtly annoying.”

Lex kneeled b the bed, and reached for her left foot. He slid her sandal off then reached for her right foot and did the same. “I don’t know if that’s a compliment or not.”

She blinked up at the ceiling. “It’s a compliment.” She mumbled. “Speaking of Lois, I gotta call her before she comes looking for me.”

Lex frowned. “You’re going to call her now?”

She frowned confused. “Call who?”

Lex shook his head. “Never mind.”

“This cabin is really nice. Its nothing like the penthouse, or the castle.”

Lex shook his head. “I rather not be reminded of those places while I’m here.”

She nodded. “I get it. They’re all sterile and cold while this place is cheery and warm. Kind of like-”

Lex glanced up as she sat up all of a sudden. “Kind of like the Kent’s house. I should call Clark too.”

Lex only shook his head and stood up. “Arms up.”

She lifted her arms and let him slide her dress up over her head. “Can we have sex?” She asked.

He smiled down at her. “You’re drunk.”

She rolled her eyes. “Am not. I’m just tipsy.” She ran her fingers up his arm before she stood up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down for a kiss. She sucked his tongue into her mouth before pulling away with a small smile. She felt his cock press up against her stomach. “It always amazes me at how hard you get just from kissing me.”

Lex eyed her hesitantly, his eyes dark. “Are you sure you-”

She rolled her eyes. “I’m not drunk Lex. I can recite the alphabet frontward and backward. I’ll do it if you want me to.”

He laughed. “No that’s alright.” He bent to kiss her, but paused when she held up her hand. He pulled away with a questioning gaze.

“I have to pee.” She said, embarrassed.

Face washed and bladder empty, Chloe found herself less dazed and more alert. She walked back into the bedroom and paused as she stared at Lex, who was busy pulling his t-shirt over his head. She watched as he folded the rest of his clothing into a neat pile and placed them on the chair beside the bed. She rolled her eyes, only Lex would do such a thing.

She tilted her head to the side ,watching muscles in his back bunch as he moved. She sighed to herself as she realized there was no rush in this. They were far away from everything and there will be no urgency of wanting to get away.

She cleared her throat. “Hi.”

Lex looked up and smiled at her. “Hi yourself.”

She walked further into the room and stood in front of him. “I have a question for you.” She placed her hands on his shoulders.

Lex placed his hands on her waist. “Which is?”

“Just what were to talking to Almo about?”

Lex chuckled. “The importance of goats and milk. Well, he did most of the talking. I Just nodded and smiled a lot.”

Chloe grinned up at him. “You would entertain the village idiot.”

Lex didn’t respond, only dipped his head to brush his lips against her own.

She tipped her head back with a quiet sigh as his tongue teased the outside of her mouth. She could feel the impressive bulge of his cock against her stomach, and she deepened their kiss with a soft moan.

He broke the kiss and sat on the bed, pulling her on top him as he did.

Chloe straddled his waist, and wrapped her arms around his neck to continue their kiss. She tightened her hold around his neck as his tongue slid against her own. She tilted her head and sucked his tongue into her mouth. She reached around to undo her bra and slid it off of her shoulders.

She moaned low in her throat when his tongue enclosed over her left breast.

She could have this, she thinks. She could have this moment with Lex, if only for three days. For these three days, Lex will be hers.

“Yes.” She hissed as she felt his teeth gently graze her nipple. She could feel the moisture between her legs increase as she moved her hips, This is nice. She thought dreamily. Not thinking about Smallville or Metropolis and weddings. It wasn’t until she looked down and saw Lex’s slightly startled look that she realized she’d said that out loud. “Uh-”

“Do you trust me Chloe?” Lex asked suddenly.

“Sometimes.” She said and lex shook his head.

He turned, and she gave a startled yelp as she was suddenly on her back.

Lex stared down at her intently. “I need a yes or no answer.”

“Yes.” she answered before she could think, and she was surprised at how much she meant it.

Lex stared down at her for a long moment and she squirmed underneath him.

“What?” She asked after a long moment.

He smiled and lowered his head toward her neck.

Chloe’s eyes widened when she felt him suck hard on her neck and she arched beneath him. She spread her thighs wider as she felt the familiar tingling in her stomach start and travel down.

Lex released her throat and she knew there was a giant hickey forming on her throat. He entwined her fingers with her own and raised her arms above her head. He kissed down her chest, pausing to suck each nipple into his mouth.

Chloe squirmed beneath him, thrusting her hips up against his cock. “Fuck me already.” She muttered, becoming impatient.

“Always impatient.” He said, his voice muffled from being buried against her chest. He lifted his hand with a small smile. He released her hands and slid his own down her sides, to hook inside her underwear.

“You’re always teasing me.” She said, lifting her hips as he pulled her underwear down her thighs.

“You love it.” He murmured, gently spreading her thighs. His eyes glittered at the moisture he found there. “Well.” He said, his eyes meeting hers.

Chloe didn’t blush. She never did when it came to Lex looking at her this way. He was the only man she felt comfortable exposing her body to in such a way. “It tastes even better than it looks.” She said, smiling at Lex’s hungry grin.

“Lets see, shall we?” He asked, lowering his head, he licked a path up her slit, smiling at her large intake of breath. “Hot too.” He said when he pulled away.

Chloe loved when Lex was being raunchy. She yanked on his hand and pulled his mouth down on top of hers in a hungry kiss, moaning as she tasted herself on his lips. “I need you inside.” She whispered against his mouth.

Lex was off of her in a moment, and she watched through lowered lids as he reached for the condom underneath the pillow. She watched as he pulled his boxers off and opened the condom and slid it on.

She slid her thighs wider as he settled himself between her thighs, groaning as he pushed inside of her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as he thrust deep, fucking her hard in that way he knew she enjoyed.

Chloe wouldn’t last long, and she knew by the loud grunts and groans that Lex wouldn’t last long either. Her hands slid down his back toward his ass and she squeezed hard as he pounded inside of her harder. “Fuck.” She hissed, spreading her thighs impossibly wider. He slid even deeper.

“Yeah,” He groaned. He slid his hands around her hips and he thrust even harder. He kissed her hard, thrusting his tongue inside her mouth before pulling away with a moan.

Chloe was coming, falling apart beneath him with a loud shout, Lex following quickly behind her, thrusting for a few more moments before collapsing on top of her with a groan.

They both panted and clung to each other. Chloe tightened her hold on his as she stared up at the ceiling. She’d never thought she would be in a small village where Lex Luthor was some sort of savior.

‘Fucking bizarre.’ She thought to herself.

TBC

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Disappearing Acts Chapter 8 Updated 11/17/07

Excellent update, Kimbo!

For the sake of my motion sickness, I am glad that Lex and Chloe decided to fly to Mexico

I like that Lex wanted to show Chloe the good that he's done in that small town--kind of like the good he's accomplished in Smallville--except without the meteor rock experiments.

I also like that Chloe has chosen to focus on just being with Lex for the next 3 days and not wallow in her misery over his wedding. But I also want Lex to wise up, dump the Lang, and woo Chloe.

And the Chlex smut was deliciously hot--fantastic work

Continued wonderful work on this fic
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 18th November 2007 at 00:14. Reason: Forget to mention the awesome smutty part
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Re: Disappearing Acts Chapter 8 Updated 11/17/07

I loooved this chapter. I like how Lex is showing a different side to Chloe. She needs to tell him how much she loves him. Lex shouldn't settle for lamo o Lana. Dagney

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information