+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting It Right (R) (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Getting It Right (R) (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Title: Getting It Right (Part III to Through Another Man’s Eye’s and Nobody’s Hero)
    Author: Letia84
    Rating: R For adult language, some sexual content, and some violence
    Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. Own by DC, Warner Brothers and The CW
    Summary: As the election comes to a close Lex only has one chance to do the right thing. The secrets the black ship holds well finally be unlocked. Lionel may have been striped of all his power but somehow he finds one last chance to rise again. So many things are weighing down on him and in the middle of it all is Chloe. He has to choose and the wrong choice could lead to losing everything.

Chapter 1 Chance

Election Day

Lex tried not to be so worried about how Chloe was acting at the moment. She was squirming against him for the past few minutes and it woke him up. Her face was strained, there was thin line of sweat forming on her brow and her breathing was all over the place. All her moving about changed her position from spooning with him to lying on her back.

He didn’t know if she was having a bad dream or a very good one but at the moment he was concerned about her breathing. There were only two things he could do to calm his worries. He could wake her but then he could make whatever she was thinking about worse or he could wait until she woke up on her own.

Not being the most patient of men Lex reached out to touch her messy hair and pushed it back away from her face. He heard her whimper a little and his worry turned into panic.

There was no question that Lex knew he had to wake her rather then endure anymore of this torture. His head lowered to ear and he whispered to her. “Chloe are you all right?”

His words had no effect on her and she was still asleep and her breathing had gotten worse. Lex didn’t know what was wrong with her. They’d been sleeping together for sometime and he’d never seen her act this way.

Lex propped himself up on his arm then reached to stroke her cheek trying to ease her out of the dream. “Chloe wake up.” He whispered again trying not to startle her.

His arm resting on the bed as his other hand stroked her cheek then moved down the length of her body to finally rest on belly. With her eyes still shut Chloe spoke to him “I want more.”

Confusion washed over him and he wasn’t sure if she was talking about her dream or talking to him. So he asked the obvious. “Are you talking to me?”

A smiled washed over her as she answered. “Of course I’m talking to you.” Her eyes still closed Chloe reached her arms around him pulling him down closer. “And I said I want more.”

Before he could stop her Lex was being pulled into a very arousing kiss. She let him settle his body over her but Lex knew this wasn’t going to end well.

He lifted back to look down on her and her eyes were still closed. “I would love to give you more but I fear for your grades this term.”

When the words sunk in her eyes shot open then her head titled far back to look at the clock on the night stand. “Damn it.” She grunted then turned back to nudge him away. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

Lex’s mind went back to how unpleasant she looked while she was sleeping and he was in such a panic but it was all to lure him and now he was being punished for being honest about the time. “Your going to rush off after that whole show you just put on?”

He watched her scramble out of bed still naked from the night before. It was amusing to see her franticly looking for all her clothes tossed about the room. Even though he helped cause the mess Lex lay back in the bed and relaxed to watch the show.

“If I’d known it was this late I wouldn’t have done it.” She had most of her clothes pulled in her hands then before he could get up to stop her she was running for the bathroom.

Today wasn’t the day for Lex to lay about either or have a leisurely morning with Chloe in bed. At last his fate would be decided about the senate seat he was bidding for.

It was a long race but the election was running as planned. Looking for anything that could discredit Jonathan Kent was impossible. He could have made something up easily but didn’t. What he knew about Clark could have destroyed Jonathan in the race. Lex remembered how determined Kent was to protect his family during the meteor shower when Clark had the ability to save the entire city and he did nothing.

He may not know Clark’s entire secret but he knew enough to send Jonathan Kent back to farm where he belonged. But he chose not to do it. If Lex was going to win he wanted it to be by his own means and cheating couldn’t be apart of that. After waking up from his dream, anger played into his better judgment. Doing the right thing wasn’t easy but the satisfaction of winning would make it worth it.

Without giving much thought to asking Chloe or not Lex left the bed to join her in the bathroom. The shower was already running and the room was filled with steam when he entered. If Lex had to leave he at least thought they could shower together but his plan were quickly squashed when Chloe opened the sliding glass door to the shower.

“You waited too long.” She grumbled nudging past him for a fluffy white towel waiting on the counter top. Chloe took her time to wrap herself up before looking at him again. Lex only got a glimpse of a dripping wet naked body and it would have to do for now.

“I guess I have to wait until the party tonight.” Lex moved behind her as she pulled at her hair trying to make sense of the tangled mess. His arms went around her with ease and she calmed her movements for the moment.

“Yes, senator we are going to have lots of fun tonight. I can be with you in front of people and not hide in the corner.” She nudged him back with her butt and it wasn’t meant to tease; only to move him out of the way.

Lex took the hint and let her go. Her sarcasm wasn’t necessary since he was just as annoyed with ducking and hiding their relationship. But he ignored it when she called him senator. “I like the sound of that.”

“The sound of what? Senator Luthor?” She questioned turning around to look at him. Her face was a light pink from the steam shower. He could see she managed to untangle her hair that was growing some and almost reaching her shoulders. Her lips were a bright red and the longer he looked at them the more he felt the need to claim them.

Taking a step towards her, Lex wanted her to stay just a little while longer. All month she was there and then she wasn’t. He just wanted her to stay a little longer.

He reached his hand out to her until she took it so he could pull her closer to him. “Yes that’s exactly what I was talking about.” His forehead leaned against hers and he could see the grin starting to form on her face but it was just as quickly washed away.

“Stop trying to distract me. I have a three hour drive ahead of me and I will make it to class today if it kills me.” She nudged him away again and went back to the mirror.

She was right Lex had to leave her be. Chloe missed more then enough class to be with him. “Okay but I’ll see you tonight before the final count.”

“I wouldn’t miss it.” Chloe turned back to him for a moment, her voice softer than before, and she leaned in to kiss him.

It was slow and soft and just what he need to get his day going. After they parted she was ready and dressed in a matter of seconds and then she was off.

Lex said his good byes to her but still wanted her to stay. Today was going to be harder for him then he knew and he just wanted the chance to be with Chloe before the day took a turn for the worse.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Election Night

When you breathe in air you expect to find relief but Lex was finding none. He was in his study staring at the flat screen TV to his right trying to breathe. After the first round of numbers came in from the polls Lex was starting to doubt that he would win so easily.

His campaign was run solid. There was more than enough money spent on advertising. Many people knew of his contributions to Smallville after the meteor disaster. His platform was solid even more so the Jonathan’s since the man had little understanding of the way government worked.

But all his hard work seemed to be crashing down around him as the polls kept coming back with numbers increasing for Kent. Lex could say it was his status as a Luthor keeping him from seeing the votes he wanted but he wasn’t about to start making excuses as if he had already lost.

“This wouldn’t be happening if you let me…” Lex’s silent partner spoke taking his attention off the screen in front of him. The man stopped by to give his well wishes to Lex even though he had never used his services.

Before the man could say another word Lex was interrupting him. “If you don’t have anything productive to say I suggest you stop talking right now.” He turned back to screen to find that a commercial had started.

His mind starting reeling over what his silent partner was about to say. He could have made Jonathan Kent look more evil than his own father but Lex backed out. I wanted win on his own and he didn’t want to do things the way his father would.

If Lionel was still around he would certainly tell him he was running the campaign like a fool. Lex could hear him spouting his wisdom to him now.

‘A man fights with everything he has for something he truly wants.’

Lucky for him Lionel was still where Lex had placed him; far away without a cent to his name.

Lex turned away from the commercial to look to his silent partner. “Thank you for the well wishes and now you can leave.”

The man raised an eyebrow and nodded once but he said one more thing before leaving. “I hope you see the results you’re hoping for. Your father would have secured the deal long ago.” With that he was gone.

The words stung but Lex pushed them aside because it wasn’t over yet. He was calm for a moment as the commercials ran thinking this would all be over soon and he would be the winner.

When the phone rang he had finally found his control again but he quickly lost it when he heard the voice on the other end. “Luthor” he spoke calmly into the receiver.

“It’s good to hear your voice son.” The voice on the other end answered. His father’s voice was crisp and clear.

His first thought was how Lionel gained access to a phone when he was assured by his staff to be placed in a soup kitchen some where in Colorado. Lionel was heavily watched and guarded without his knowledge and how he was speaking to him now was impossible.

“How are you making this call dad?” Lex cut right to the chase not wanting this conversation to last long. As he awaited his father’s answer his finger reached out to press the intercom on his desk to summon his head of security.

“Lex you really have done well for yourself. Putting me in jail and now putting me in an all new prison with out a cent to my name.” He replied.

“Dad whatever you’re doing won’t work. Where ever you are I assure you my staff will be there in a matter of minutes.” Lex was bluffing because he had no clue where he was even though he should.

“Son, if you knew where I was we wouldn’t be having this talk. I still have a few friends you haven’t killed.” Lionel chucked at his bluff before he went on. “I called to say things don’t look so good for you.”

His reference to the Teagues was noted but Lex didn’t let it get to him. He made up his mind that being rid of both Teagues was what had to be done. He was still alive and Chloe was still alive so nothing else mattered.

“The race isn’t over yet. “ Lex defended himself poorly.

Lionel laughed at him this time then cleared his throat before speaking. “I know how much you think I have never done anything for you but son maybe this time you will see I have done something just for you.”

Before Lex could retort Lionel hung up the phone. When he looked in front of him his head of security that he summoned was in place in front of his desk.

“Yes, Mr. Luthor.” The man spoke.

“That was my father on the phone.” Lex rose to his feet to move across the desk to put his face right in his staff members. “I want to know how the hell he got to a phone, where the hell he is and what the fuck he is up to.”

“Yes sir.” The man spoke before running out of the room. He knew what his job was and if he didn’t do it he knew the consequences so his speedy exit was warranted.

What his father meant alluded him and his words rang in his hear as he watched the votes come in the next few hours. Lionel would finally take the chance to do something for his son but Lex wouldn’t believe it until he saw it with his own eyes.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

He knew he should stop but Lex was long past that now. It had been hours since he started drinking and just as long since he learned he lost the election. He was alone drinking down his disappointment in every glass.

The only person he wanted with him wasn’t with him. Chloe should have walked through the doors of manor four hours ago but he was still waiting for her.

Lex had long past sent away his advisors and the people that gathered to celebrate his victory. Most of the people he didn’t know but he knew many of them owned his family something so they all showed up. He was sure they were all mocking him on their way home about his failure.

His head was swimming in brandy and the fire place was a blur for a moment before Lex blinked to get his focus back. When the rim of the crystal glass was perched at his lips Lex found that his glass had run dry.

To remedy the problem he stumbled from his seat back to the bar. When he started drinking it wasn’t to get to point he was at now. He was going to clear his head have a drink feeling sorry for himself then wait for Chloe to arrive. He wanted to fall apart but he couldn’t do that alone. In the past he would have never done it but being with Chloe meant he could have his moment to let it all go.

His father reappearing and losing the election all weighed heavy on his mind as he awaited her arrival. He wanted to share those thoughts with someone that would understand and Chloe was that person.

Lex let his hand close around the brandy decanter but he found it empty. So he moved on to the nearest decanter to him that was filled with scotch. His focus was completely on the glass and the liquid pouring into it so he didn’t hear Chloe enter the room. He didn’t know she was there until a hand went over his shoulder then he felt a light squeeze.

With out looking back or stopping his work to fill his glass he spoke knowing it was Chloe behind him. “Where have you been?” Lex should have been relieved that the person he wanted to see most was now with him but feeling her tiny hand gripping at his shoulder only made him angry.

She should have been with him hours ago. She should have called to let him know what was keeping her. Chloe should have done so many things but the chance for her to get it right had passed her by and he was boiling over now.

“I was at the Planet.” He heard a crack in her voice when she answered. Lex knew it meant one thing. He learned to understand every tone of her voice and this time he knew she was lying.

Placing down the decanter then taking a long sip from his glass Lex turned to look at her slowly. Like so many times before his control faltered when he laid eyes on her.

She was in a dark red suit that he didn’t see her leave in but assumed she changed once she finished classes for the day. Her hair was tucked behind her ears and her eyes were filled with kindness.

She was trying to trick him. Chloe knew how much he liked her in suits. They did everything to hug her hips in the right way and expose just enough cleavage to leave him wanting more. Her hair being pulled away from her face was something he did all the time because he didn’t want anything obstructing his view of her features.

Then the look in eyes was telling him to just forget that he had been alone the past four hours. Her eyes were telling him that she loved him and it shouldn’t matter when she arrived.

His mind floating in alcohol was running through everything that was wrong with Chloe appearing at the moment she did instead of everything that was right about it. It was keeping him from talking to her calmly. It was keeping him from holding onto his glass of scotch without his hand shaking.

“Don’t lie to me.” He said through clenched teeth trying to keep it together but failing at that as well.

Her eyes widened and her lie was written all over her face. Then the truth came pouring out. “I was at the Planet most of the time and things ran late then, I drove back to Smallville and I did stop at the Talon for a moment.”

Lex knew what the Talon was being used for that night and it only made his anger grow to the point of no return. The glass in his hand had a life of it own as it sailed across the room into the fire place. The flames rose and Chloe’s head turned to see them but she quickly turned back when she felt his grip on her arms.

Lex knew he should stop but it was too late for that now. The chance to turn back was no longer on his mind.

His fingers dug into her arms and pulled her close to him. There was only one other time Lex had treated Chloe this way and he nearly lost her after the meteor shower doing it but the alcohol in his veins pushed him onward.

“You were celebrating with the Kent’s in the fucking building I own while I sat here alone.”

She struggled as he spoke but that only made him hold onto her harder. A whimper left her lips but it didn’t make him stop. His words came out in a rush and they were meant to hurt.

“All this time I thought I had something but I see now you’re just like the rest. So tell me Chloe what page can I expect to see myself on in tomorrow’s edition? What title will I read? ‘Luthor fails’ or ‘The spoiled brat is defeated by farmer.’”

Her eyes fixed on him and it looked as if she was about to cry then, all at once, she grew just as angry as he was. “I can’t believe you would think I would use you after everything I have put up with. You think I’d spit in the face of all of it for a story?”

Her hands planted on his chest and nudged Lex away from her. It shouldn’t have been so easy but his balance was impeded by his drinking and Lex couldn’t do anything but let go of her for fear of falling on his face.

“Don’t pretend to be innocent.” He managed to say getting to his footing again.

“I don’t pretend to do anything but love you. I love you even when you’re a drunken fool that accuses me of betrayal.” Chloe took a step back before going on.

“If you loved me then you would have been here so why weren’t you?” Lex wanted an answer more then anything but that night he wouldn’t get it.

“I’m not going to stay here a second longer. No matter what I tell you right now you’ll think it’s a lie.” She moved closer to him touching the side of his face before speaking. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here sooner. If I had a second chance then I wouldn’t have stayed at the Planet so long and I wouldn’t have gone to the Talon to find information for you. I’m sorry you lost and I’ll see you in the morning once you sleep this off.” She turned to walk away leaving the room quickly.

Lex just stood and watched her go thinking how dare she show up then leave him alone again. What information she was gaining at the Talon eluded him just like his father’s plans for him. She was right that he needed to sleep off the alcohol but at the moment it didn’t matter.

Lex wanted an answer and he was going to get it.

In his drunken state he chased after her. Lex got into his car and drove after her. He drove so recklessly that he ran Chloe off the rode into a bus.

Lex had ruined the chance he had at being with Chloe and getting it right.

TBC

Chapter 2 Second Chance

Note: I know I'm evil and I should have updated Crawling back but I wanted to get this last part started to this series as well. It well still be slow going for both fics but look for more of the other one soon. As for this evil I know I'm evil for it as well but its the nature of the series that things get worse before they get worse.
    Last edited by letia84; 14th October 2008 at 04:57.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Getting It Right (R) Chapter 1 6/7/07 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Omg, how is this gonna work itself out. I hope Chloe is ok. Lex can be such an idiot sometimes. Excellent chapter.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

The beginning was so light and fluffly and I was happy but then it kept restating how much Lex wanted her to be there and how he was missing all these chances and Chloe said those dreaded words 'if it kills me' so I knew this wasn't going to lead up to the fantastic original ending in Reckoning with Lana's death.

So what was Chloe doing for Lex, because I know she's not that heartless? Kudos for that scene between them because I was feeling very sad for Lex but at the same time I knew Chloe cared about him and he was being an ass not willing to listen.

So what is Lionel up to and what effect will it have on this whole deal?

Did Chloe die? Will Clark do a redo and will Lex make things better or worse? If he makes them worse, can he get another redo? If Chloe didn't die, are we going to see Lex try to repair what he's done?

I need an update with some answers to at least some of these questions.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Can we at least get them happy a little longer before they become enemies?
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

i've adored your fic for some time. You capture such depth in Chlex characters. I like how you portray the darker sides of lex. You are evil for stopping the story here. An update soon. Dagney

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This is an awesome beginning, and I can't wait for you to continue.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Getting It Right (R/NC-17) Chapter 2 8/7/07 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Notes: So that there is no confusion I have gone back to indicate what time during Election Day the scenes are taking place.

Those that have been reading beware this chapter’s shift into NC-17 material for sexual content.

Chapter 2 Second Chance

Election Night

In life Lex was rarely given a second chance. When he found out his mother died there was going to be no second chance at seeing her again. His mind was so set on saving her that he clouded his judgment from being with her in her final hour. That year when he removed Lionel from his home he knew there would be no second chance for them to be close.

But for once in his life he was given a second chance. He had thrown Chloe out of his life only to be given a second chance not once but twice over the past year. On that night of the election Lex’s chances with Chloe seemed to have run out.

As his Porsche came to a screeching halt Lex knew that everything he told Chloe the first time they kissed had come true. She wasn’t ready to be with someone like him and never would be ready to be with some like him.

The alcohol flowing in his veins seemed to flood out of him as he watched Chloe’s red beetle be taken over by the yellow school bus. He didn’t realize he was swerving so badly on the rode as he chased Chloe down. Nor did he see the bus coming off from the side street as he moved along side trying to get her attention.

He could clearly see she was on the phone and the only person he could think that she was talking to was Clark. The very reason she was late in the first place and she was speaking to Clark again. Just the thought of Chloe siding with Clark about the election, the black ship or about anything only fed Lex’s rage.

His car had a life of its own as he swerved closer to Chloe. Then it took off, out of control, as he watched her eyes leave him to turn in front of her. He could see her mouth fall open and knew she was screaming as her car was flooded with the white lights from the on coming bus.

Lex hit his breaks immediately and his eyes laid out in front him to watch the bus make contact with Chloe’s car then to see it tipping over more times than he wanted to count. When he stepped out of his car Lex near slipped and fell on the icy road. He couldn’t believe he was even chasing her like this if the road was so bad.

As his eyes looked ahead of him he could clearly see a body lying on the ground near Chloe’s wrecked car. His heart sunk and his voice called out to her in disbelief.

“Chloe! Chloe! Chloe!” Each time he shouted her name louder than the first and he realized she wasn’t going to answer him. Before he could run to her a figure sped in front of him stopping him in his tracks.

“Oh God.” Clark spoke just in front of him. It was the first time since Lex knew the truth that he’d seen Clark use one of his abilities.

He watched as Clark moved ahead of him and reached out to Chloe’s broken body. His feet were planted to the ground in disbelief while Clark knelt down next to her then touched her cheek searching for any signs of life.

Tears started to well up in his eyes blinding his sight from the scene in front of him. If Lex moved closer to her then the truth would be in front of him. Chloe was gone and it was his fault. His jealousy and temper shadowed over him and now it had ruined Chloe.

His knees buckled and he started to lower onto the icy payment but something rushed at him faster then a speeding bullet. Lex tried to let his feet find purchase with the ground below him but Clark had raised him high into the air with one arm.

“What the hell did you do to her?” He screamed through clenched teeth.

Lex couldn’t respond in the state he was in and only struggled in Clark’s grasp. This seemed to upset him and Clark started to shake him. Lex felt like the entire world was moving but it was just him.

“Please.” He mumbled trying to make him stop.

Clark’s response was slamming Lex against the hood of his Porsche. The heat from the cars engine radiated down his body and was quickly followed by the stinging pain of being man handle by Clark Kent.

“Did she say please to you when did this to her?” Clark yelled at him picking him up only to slam him down again.

“Son stop!” Jonathan’s voice sounded just behind them, Lex had no idea when he arrived. “Clark you can’t do this.”

“He killed her.” Clark screamed again lifting Lex from the car.

There was nothing he could do to stop him. No matter what he said it would only make it worse on him. Lex stopped fighting and was ready to take what he had coming to him. Clark was right; he killed Chloe. The one person in his life that loved him and he pushed her so hard that he killed her.

“I know what Chloe means to you and, from what you tell me, I know what Chloe means to Lex. He’s already suffering for this and if he was the cause of it you know he will suffer even more. It’s not for you to seek justice Clark.” Jonathan was doing his best to save Lex. He knew it was for the benefit of his sons own life.

Without warning Lex was dropped to the ground. His gaze went up to the men before him and he saw how hurt Clark was. Clark’s pain in no way could surpass his own. Lex didn’t want to but his eyes glanced over to the car wreck and Chloe’s body. The chill in the air couldn’t compare to the chill he felt in his chest seeing her the way she was.

“I could have prevented this. I should have never listened to Jor-El. This is my fault dad.” Clark spoke as Jonathan took him into his arms and they embraced as Clark cried out. Lex didn’t pay any more attention to them as he made unsteady movements towards Chloe’s body.

He should have listened to them because he would have heard Clark say he could save Chloe. Lex would have heard him explain how somehow this was all connected to Clark and the meteor shower but his mind was on one thing. He could feel a gush of wind pass him as Clark super sped away.

Once he made it to Chloe’s body he noticed the blood covering her and the blood pooling around her. The sight of her made his body go numb and he shut his eyes. He was in a great deal of pain after Clark tossed him about but he slumped to his knees hitting the ground hard falling over the lifeless body of the woman he loved.

It was the second time Chloe had brought him to tears and this time she wasn’t going to wake and find him that way. His body resting over her had become as lifeless as she was now. If he could he would pour his own life force into her but all he could offer her were his harsh sobs.

Lex didn’t know it but as he mourned the love of his life Clark was giving him a second chance.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Election Day

When you wake up from a good nights rest it should be pleasant. A refreshing feeling should wash over you as you open your eyes to a new day. Something, if anything, your body should be sated and your mind cleared to start anew.

This morning Lex wasn’t feeling any of those things. His body jerked to attention in his bed. His heart was racing and his body was covered with a sheen of sweat but he was freezing. He reached his hand towards his cheek and he felt moisture pooling on his cheeks as if he’d been crying. His other hand went to his bare chest to subside the pain he was feeling inside.

It was as if he had lost something and the polls for the election didn’t open until 8:00am and it was 6:30am. If it wasn’t the election he lost then he thought it was the most important thing in his life at the moment so he turned to his left. He felt a sense of relief when he saw Chloe next to him but that was gone the moment he saw the way she was breathing.

Lex could have waited and been patient but he was already feeling spun about and had to wake her. “Chloe!” His voice had little control and he was so loud that Chloe jumped up just as he had.

“What?” She screamed out to him looking over to his side of the bed. “Why are you yelling at me?”

“Are you okay?” Lex reached out for her pulling her soft naked body closer to him hoping to relieve himself of some of the tension he was feeling.

“I’m fine.” She spoke muffled in his chest clinging to him just as tightly as he was to her.

He breathed in her scent calming his nerves. “I thought I lost you.”

Her body jerked back away from him so he could see the angry look on her face. “Lex you have to stop having these horrid dreams about losing me.”

“It felt so real.” Lex was starting to calm down but something still felt wrong. There was a shift of the air in the room, he was once cold but now he was over heated.

Chloe stopped for a moment looking him over. He watched her green orbs scan his face then looked lower down his body only to move back up again. Her fingers crawled down the tone build of his chest searching for any signs of trauma.

“What’s wrong?” Chloe’s voice softened and her hand moved up his body to rest on his cheek. “You’re burning up.”

Lex let his eyes close and there was flash of something he never wanted to see; Chloe’s body covered in blood. His eyes opened at once to look at her alive and well in front of him.

“Don’t go to class today.” Lex said in a rush. He didn’t care to analyze the reason but if Chloe left the house she would become the image in his mind.

That’s why he woke up feeling as if he had lost her because somehow he had. His body was telling him he lost her and his mind was reeling over the thought of it. The answer was to keep her with him so he could watch over her until the feeling went away.

“I have to go to class. I have missed too many.” She tried to move out of his arms but Lex stopped her before she could get too far away.

His eyes were pleading for her to see that she couldn’t leave him today. “I don’t feel right with you leaving.”

“I can’t believe it but I think you’re nervous about today.”

Lex wasn’t feeling anything like that but if it was going to get her to stay then he would go with it. “Yes, I could really use your support. We could have breakfast in bed then go vote and come back here to wait for the results.”

A smile radiated on her face as she wrapped her arms around him making her way over him. Her leg lifted to straddle over him as her arms locked around his neck. “So you need me around Senator?” The sound of her voice completely changed, Lex recalled the tone after they went to bed together last night.

Her body moving closer helped bring him back to normal. Another feeling was starting to rise between their bodies. “What was that you called me?” Lex let his fingers run through her hair finding comfort in being with her.

She smiled at him again and the burning in his chest melted away. “Do you mean Senator Luthor?”

Without warning he pulled her to him pressing her lips against his. He took hold of her hips to nudge her against him but she was already rubbing against his member which was quickly hardening between them. He groaned deep in his throat deepening the kiss between them by moving his tongue into the warmth of her mouth.

This was what he needed to get himself back on track. He needed to feel close to Chloe and shake off the feeling he had when he woke up. It was his second chance to be with her and he couldn’t waste it.

It was becoming increasingly difficult to have her in the position she was in without doing something about it. Their lips parted and Lex looked her in the eyes. They shared a silent agreement about was about to happen this morning.

Lex let his hands release Chloe’s hips to allow her to move. Her eyes didn’t leave his and they penetrated into the depths of him as she took hold of his hardened flesh. Her hand moved to brace herself on his shoulder as she rose up slightly. Lex didn’t realize how wet she had gotten in the few seconds they were kissing until she was lowering herself down on him.

“Senator Luthor you must be happy to see me.” She quipped at him then grinned taking him fully inside of her.

“I could get use to you calling me that.” Lex smiled over her mouth before he kissed her again.

His hands fisted at his side trying to maintain some sort of control but he completely lost it when her hips roll and she tightened around him. There’s no stopping his hand from moving back to her hips taking every bit of flesh he can into his grasp. Her body slaps against his again and the familiar motion repeats it’s self over and over.

Chloe tears her mouth away from him to let her head fall back and a moan to escape her lips. This morning there is really no way for him to keep this up much longer but he still wants her to come with him.

Lex takes one of her hands and her gaze goes back to him. She watches him move her hand to his mouth then his lips press against it kissing each digit gently. In an instant Chloe knows what he wants. Two of her fingers trailed across his lips as she continues to thrust up and down over him. Her fingers press against his mouth and Lex let his tongue dart over them, tasting her flesh.

His eyes watch her move back letting her now moistened fingers sneak between them. Her face transforms as she touches her clit between them and Chloe’s silent moans turned into harsh breathes. Lex lets his body move with her moving one of his hands to take hold of the fullness of her breast.

If someone were to walk past them they could hear the urgency between them as they reach their peak. The sound of his name tickles his ears and only makes things worse for him. Looking down between them, her arm his jerking between them as his cock drives into her with each downward thrust.

Roving over her body with his eyes Lex was trying to keep it together but the look of her pushes him closer to the edge. The light from the window was making her body glisten and the nipple that lay on the breast beneath his palm had hard and was rubbing against his hand as their pace quickens. He could feel her free hand reaching out for him searching for purchase with his body.

In an instant Chloe releases her hand from between them and throws herself into him. As she lets go Lex quickly follows groaning into her ear. Her movements force him to move his hands around. It allowed him full control over her body and with a few strong thrust he can let go murmuring her name as he comes.

They both breathed out not talking for while enjoying the moment between them. Chloe’s body becomes limp in his arms and Lex lets them fall back on to the bed slowly.

“I’ll stay with you today.” She spoke tucked away in his neck. Relief washed over him but it was fleeting.

Lex held onto her taking comfort in her warmth. But once his body had calmed from his climax something was still wrong. Chloe resting in his arms wasn’t fixing what he felt when he woke that morning.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

“I know how much you think I have never done anything for you but son maybe this time you will see I have done something just for you.”

Lex could still hear Lionel speaking to him at that moment telling him what he had been up to. He was waiting for a long lecture about they way things were going as the election votes came in. As of now Lex wasn’t a failure in his run for the senate seat. He had fought with everything he could in order to win. At least he let himself believe he had.

Seconds ago his father had called him and the sound of his voice sent his heart leaping into his throat. Chloe was totally shaken up by the call and he did his best to assure her that where ever Lionel was Lex would find him Lionel had promised to do something for him and what that things was Lex had no idea.

At the moment they were both staring blankly at the television watching the numbers come in from the pools. Lex watched his hard work slip away from him as Jonathan’s numbers rose and his stayed stagnant.

It was long passed since Lex sent his staff away and any one that came to celebrate his victory. The only thing he needed was sitting safely in his arms. After waking up feeling as if he’d lost Chloe, Lex was taking great joy that she decided to stay with him.

“Are you okay?” Lex could hear Chloe’s voice tremble as she asked him a question he was unsure of how to answer.

He looked down at her and saw she was keeping her face hidden from him. There was something wrong and it wasn’t just the election troubling her. In an effort to see her face Lex moved his hand over her cheek then slow moved it into her hair to the nape of her neck.

“Look at me.” He replied. Lex waited as she moved just slightly away from him. Her head slowly raised and she was trying to smile at him. It was a weak smile because it was over shadowed by what he didn’t want to see; fear.

“Stop looking at me like that. I’m fine.” She immediately placed her head on his chest again. Lex knew she wasn’t fine.

“If you’re concerned about Lionel don’t be.” He pulled his fingers through her hair trying to console her. “My people will find him.”

“But will they find him before he’s caused any damage.” Chloe moved away from him on her final words.

He watched her sit back in the leather sofa, staring off at the TV set trying to ignore what she just said. It was true that Lionel left many a thing in his wake but not this time. How Lionel could possibly cause damage in the state Lex had left him in was beyond him but he should have known better then to doubt Lionel Luthor.

The worry that Chloe was feeling had to be linked to the Teagues. Lionel could know more then Lex had thought about their sudden deaths but he’d done all he could to cover his tracks.

The anxious feeling that Lex felt that morning was still lingering. It appeared those feelings had now passed to Chloe. He had to say something to calm them both but there was nothing he could find to say. Chloe had made him speechless before but now it was something all together different.

Swimming in his thoughts Lex hadn’t noticed what the news reporter was saying until Chloe had signaled his attention. “Lex, do hear this?”

He allowed his gaze to turn to the television and Lex couldn’t believe what he heard next.

It looks as if Lex Luthor will be getting a second chance. Several votes in Smallville that were tallied for the local farmer Jonathan Kent were actually for the young billionaire Lex Luthor.

“It appears the damage has been done.” Lex spoke up at last seeing his dream to be senator come true but he knew it wasn’t because of anything he had done.

His eyes fixed on the news report and didn’t look away when Chloe moved towards him. She pressed her body as close to him as she could and her arms moved around him. Her silent response to his words did nothing to shield Lex from what he was feeling.

Lionel had done this and how Lex didn’t know. The reporter said he was getting a second chance in the elections but it wasn’t the chance he wanted. Moments later Lex was announced the winner of the senate seat and soon after that the phone was ringing.

Without a word Lex rose from his seat to move toward the phone resting on the side table. His fingers curled around the phone and there was a twinge at the back of his neck. “Luthor.” He was calm as he could be in the state he was in.

“Something just for you son.” Lionel’s voice sounded “Now I want something in return or Ms. Sullivan may suffer for it.” He then quickly hung up.

“What did he say?” Chloe spoke standing just next to him now. She knew without a word from him that Lionel was on the phone.

Lex turned to look at her taking comfort that she was with him as he asked that morning. His fear from that morning had nothing to do with losing Chloe. It somehow went back to his father.

He took her into his arms. “I’ll handle it.” It was true that Lex would take care of it but he should have known better then to think Chloe would just stand by and let him do it alone.

“We well handle it together.” Chloe answered him looking up into his eyes. Hidden behind her worry was a determination that Lex had seen the first time they took Lionel down.

It was time for Lex to embrace apart of himself he had run from for years. The time had come for him to start acting as a Luthor if he wanted to securer the things he wanted in life.

TBC

Chapter 3 Destiny
    Last edited by letia84; 8th August 2007 at 05:14. Reason: title change

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent chapter. The first part freaked me out when I read it but then Clark turns back time. ( thanks for reminding me). What the hell does Lionel want from Lex & what will he to to Chloe if he doesn't get it. More please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Getting It Right (R/NC-17) Chapter 1 6/7/07 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

The first part was so heartbreaking for Lex to lose Chloe and be the blame. Very interesting to see that Lex won the senate seat but sucks that Lionel had a part in it. I'm very worried about what he has plans for Lex and Chloe. And I really hope that Lex doesn't think it would be good to break u with Chloe again because that will just leave her in trouble and alone.

Re: Getting It Right (R/NC-17) Chapter 2 8/7/07 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Oh MY God! What a terrific update. Gut wrenching scene with the accident. The pain and anguish felt by Lex and Clark. The evil that is Lionel. When, I'm quivering. Dagney

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information