+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting It Right (R) (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Getting It Right (R/NC-17) Chapter 2 8/7/07 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Oh that was good but scary. I am so sacred for Chloe and Lex.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Wonderful update

OMG what does Lionel want???
    And I loved Clark turning back time... I wonder what will be the consequences...a
    Please more soon
    Malu

What the hell does Lionel want?...and he better not hurt Chloe!
    Chloe's death scene was completely heartbraking. Thank god Clark turned back time, I wonder if he will tell Chloe about her death and that Lex was responsible.

Exellent Chapter, can't wait to read more. Please post more soon!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Getting It Right (R) Chapter 3 1/24/08 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Notes: Hello! I know this update has been longing coming but I haven’t forgotten about my fics. I hope you like the update.

Chapter 3 Destiny

As soon as Lex was announced the winner his phone was ringing off the hook. The press wanted a statement, his people wanted to congratulate him and his staff wanted to know what to do about the cars making there way around the perimeter of the manor.

Lex wasn’t ready to deal with any of it. His father’s whereabouts were his main concern at the moment.

He was trying to keep the press at bay by giving a statement to his head advisor over the phone. “There will be an official recount of every vote before I take on the role as senator. I have run a fair and clean election and want that to continue.”

Hearing the man sigh on the other line, he went on trying to force Lex out of hiding. “Mr. Luthor, with all due respect sir, I know you want people to think you ran a fair election but you won. You need to come out and make a statement.”

“I want a recount. Your job is to carry out the orders I have set before you so get me a recount.” With that Lex hung up the phone.

“I like it when you’re in charge.” Chloe mocked him staring at him from across his desk in the study. He knew very will she didn’t like it and even scolded him for it when it was directed at her.

“I’m glad you haven’t lost your sense of humor.” Lex moved around the desk towards her thinking he would get a nice warm hug but something rushing in front of him was what he was greeted with.

When Lex was able to see beyond the blur Clark was standing in front of him. “What did you do to him Lex?”

“Clark?” Lex heard Chloe question behind him and he watched Clark turn towards her.

“Chloe stay back.” Clark planted himself in between them as if he was a mountain that wouldn’t be moved. Once he was facing Lex he asked his question again. “What did you do?”

Lex was thrown by the fact that Clark had just used his powers right in front of him as if he knew Lex already knew the truth. He had no clue how to answer his question but when his mind came to he wanted Clark out of his way so he could get to Chloe.

Before he could say a word Clark was grabbing him. The feel of his grip closing around his throat was very familiar from his dream last night. “Clark stop!” Lex struggled trying to free himself from Clark’s hold with little success.

He could hear Chloe screaming behind him but there was really nothing she could do except watch. Lex was fully aware of Clark’s strength. He remembered what he had written about how it felt to be Clark and his description didn’t compare to the pain he was feeling now.

“What the hell are you doing?” Chloe screamed but her cries fell on deaf ears.

Clark’s grip was getting tighter and his wind pipe was closing in on him. Lex was afraid that he would snap his neck and he wouldn’t know why.

Then Clark filled in the blanks. “Chloe he fixed the election and he killed my father.”

The sound of Clark’s voice rang in his ears and it echoed through the throbbing in his throat. Looking to the side Lex could see Chloe coming from behind Clark.

Tears were streaming down her face and she was reaching out to Clark’s arm hoping to set him free. “So you solve the problem by killing Lex.” She replied to him.

Clark looked towards her and answered. “I have to stop him. I should have stopped him the first time.”

Lex could only listen as their dialogue went on. “What do you mean the first time?” The anger in her voice must have enraged Clark because Lex felt his grip loosen but it was followed by Clark tossing him across the room.

He could feel the wind rushing pass him as he cleared over the pool table and hit the wall. The feel of the wood crushing Lex’s back may have been the worse injury he had ever felt next to the gun shot wound. He tried to breathe but he found himself gasping, feeling sharp pains each time.

“It doesn’t matter what happened the first time, I’ll take care of him this time.” Lex could only hear Clark coming towards him and when he was able to focus in front of him what he saw wasn’t what he was expecting.

Clark was down on the ground close to him. He was grinding his teeth as if something was eating him from the inside out. His arms were clutching his body as if he was trying to find the source of the pain.

When Lex was Clark he felt like nothing could hurt him. Right now Lex was seeing that something could hurt him and it looked like it could even kill him.

His gaze moved up to the figure moving towards him and it was Chloe. She was holding a metal box in her hand and inside something was glowing. He watched her kneel down next to him placing the box in front of her.

“Are you alright?” She asked reaching her hands out to help him sit up.

“Chloe stop.” Lex looked to Clark as he mumbled.

He was in such a state of pain and shock Lex didn’t know what was going on. “What’s wrong with him?”

“It’s the meteor rocks. They…” Chloe started to explain but Clark was yelling this time.

“Don’t tell him.” Clark yelled. “He’s a murder.”

The last time Lex checked he hadn’t killed anyone but Jason recently. He had no idea what happened to his father but knew he had something to do with this.

“Lex is not a murder.” Chloe replied knowing very well he was a murder and would kill Jason again for what he done if he had the chance.

“He killed my father Chloe.” Clark grunted. He was still in pain and Lex just wanted it to stop.

Lex tried to reach for the box but he winced when he felt the pain shoot through his back. Chloe must have gotten the hint because she closed the box. As quickly as Clark was knocked down he was back on his feet.

Once he was up Lex knew he could rush at him at any moment and there was nothing he could do about it. Clark must have realized what he was doing because he just stood over them.

Lex had to say something in his own defense. “I didn’t kill your father Clark. I have no idea what happened but I didn’t do it.” His voice was raspy and he started wonder if permanent damage had been done.

“You didn’t mean to hurt Chloe but you did anyway. You did the same thing with my father. It’s the way you do everything. You never mean to hurt anybody but you do. I won’t let it happen again.”

He didn’t want to admit it but Lex did hurt people. There was never a time he wanted to hurt anyone but some how he did. This time he hadn’t done anything and could honestly say he didn’t hurt anyone.

Before he could say anything just as quickly as he came in Clark sped way. Clark said Jonathan was dead and there was only one person that could have killed him. Lionel had pushed things so far that the thought of what Lex had to do next made him cringe.

“I’ll call your staff for a doctor.” Chloe moved into action and went for the phone.

She made no mention of anything Clark had said or explained what happened with the meteor rock. Her focus was on taking care of him after he was man handled. At the moment, the pain had to be taken care of. Lex had lost all faith that Clark could be someone he would trust. When Chloe was about to tell him the rest of the truth Clark wouldn’t allow it.

Once Chloe was done on the phone she moved back next to him on the ground. When he looked at her face he could see she was worried and on edge. “Chloe I’ll be fine.”

“Good to know one of us will be.” Chloe answered. “I can’t believe Jonathan Kent is dead.”

Lex couldn’t believe it either but he would find out what happened soon enough.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

After a visit with his physician Lex was feeling better. He was given some pain meds but his back would be bruised for a while. His throat was also marked with Clark’s finger prints.

Clark really meant to come and kill him.

Once things had calmed down Lex was resting with Chloe in bed trying to think of what to do next. He needed to find his father. The vote recount was still being done and he had yet to make a statement to the press.

The only thing that Lex had a handle on was how to keep Clark at bay. He had his collection of green meteor rocks placed around the grounds of the manor. For some reason they weakened him and he was waiting for Chloe to tell him why.

“Are you awake?” He spoke down to her trying to get her to look up at him.

“You know what Clark is. There is nothing for me to say.” She answered as if she was reading his mind.

Lex had put together that Clark wasn’t from earth along time ago but there was more she hadn’t told him. “Yes I think it’s safe to say Clark is an alien but why do the rocks weaken him.”

Chloe pulled out of his arms and looked down at him lying down. “The rocks are called kryptonite and they are apart of his home world Krypton.”

Doing the best he could Lex moved up in the bed to be level with her. The pain meds helped but his back couldn’t take too much movement. “It sounds ridiculous when you say it out loud.”

“You want to say that sounds ridiculous yet you have a black spaceship in your possession.” Her head cocked to the side and she was right.

Lex smirked at her and marveled at how strong she was being. Lois had called a few times but she was ignoring the phone. The only person she bothered to call was her father and the conversation didn’t look to go well. She said they were in this together. Right now he did need her to be there for him.

“He didn’t want me to tell you.” Chloe looked away from him staring off at the wall. “All this time and if he just told you it could have saved us so much today.”

He reached out to her taking her hand closest to him. “We have to deal with the way things are now.” She looked back towards him but there moment was ruined by a knock at the door.

“Come in.” Lex called out, his voice was still raspy.

A man from his staff stepped into the room. “Report.” Lex waited for the answers he was looking for.

“We have your father.” The man started then his gaze went to Chloe. Lex didn’t know why he was distracted by her but he got his attention away from her by clearing his throat which was rather painful considering the state it was in.

The man turned his attention back to Lex and he finished. “He was here in Smallville.”

“What about the election?” Lex questioned.

“The recount is in and you are the winner sir.” He paused for a moment letting the last part of what he had to say come out slowly. “Jonathan Kent’s death has been confirmed. They are saying it was a heart attack.”

“Thank you. I want my father here and I want him to be restrained.” Lex nodded and the guard took the hint that he should go.

“What are you going to do?” Chloe questioned.

“Don’t you mean what are we going to do?” Lex reminded her of her promise from earlier that day.

“We are going to find out the truth.” On way or another she was right.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Just as Lex wanted, his father was brought to the manor and placed in the restraints in the basement that was rarely used. He was going to get the truth out of him for once in his life. He told Chloe she didn’t have to come down with him but she wanted in for all of it. As they moved down the stairs his guards were close by and he excused them.

Before Lex entered the room he paused on the steps to turn back to look at her. “Are you alright with this?”

“Yes.” She said plainly without any doubt in her voice. “I got all dressed for it.” Chloe let her hands run down the length of her dress.

She was wearing the black lacy, spaghetti strapped dress he’d given her as one of his Christmas gifts. After this was over Lex was going to make his announcement to the press and they were both dressed in their best.

He took her hand moving down the length of stairs to find his father a little worn. His jaw looked as if it took a good blow and his eye was slowly swelling up. “Come to thank me at last?” Lionel started right in.

The man was tied to a chair in the middle of the room but he still acted as if he owned the world. “Thank you for what dad?”

Lex let go of Chloe’s hand and she circled around the room to the left of Lionel while she moved to right. Instead of answering him Lionel tried to direct his attention to Chloe.

“You look well Ms. Sullivan.” He was trying to intimidate her.

“Thank you. Do you like the dress? It was one of my Christmas gifts.” Lex didn’t have to say anything. Chloe could hold her own with his father.

“I always thought you could pull off being a Luthor.”

She grinned at his words before she answered. “Sorry but I’m not a Luthor.”

“Not yet.” Lex corrected. If he could have his way all of this would be over so he could move on with Chloe. First he had to get rid of all the mess.

“Lex, I don’t think this is the time to think of the future.” She moved toward him slowly letting her hand trail up his chest to touch his face.

“I’m always thinking of the future.” He waited for it to happen, could feel it simmering between them. She reached up close to him and their lips met for moment. As she pulled away Chloe gave his bottom lip a gentle tug and sultry smile. “But you’re right we should deal with the present at the moment.” Lex didn’t back away just yet.

This moment was meant to intimidate Lionel. Lex told Chloe what was to happen before they came down but he didn’t know if she would any good at it. Somehow she knew the kiss would rattle his father’s nerves.

“Please spare me the show of watching you two fawn over each other.” Lionel spoke up.

Lex paid no mind to him and gave Chloe another quick kiss on the lips before looking back to his father. “Alright then dad you were supposed to be telling me what I’m thanking you for.”

“Helping you win the election of course.” He answered plainly as if he should know.

“I didn’t need your help…” Before Lex could finish he was being interrupted.

“Of course you needed it Lex.” He chuckled to himself briefly before going on. “You have always needed my help.”

“He didn’t need your help.” Chloe tried to defend him but there was no way of understanding what the statement meant.

When Lex was a child and was left alone after his mother he did need his father’s help. When ever he got into trouble as a child he needed his father. The business he had taken over was his father’s. The house he was in was in was his father’s. The penthouse waiting in Metropolis was his father’s. Nearly every cent he spent wasn’t his own.

At the moment the way things were going he didn’t need him. Luthor Corp. was doing well because of him. The addition to the experimental science department were all him. The race may have been a failure but he did it the right way unlike so many things in his life.

He looked towards Chloe and could see she was flushed. Lionel was getting to her. Before he answered he moved towards her taking her hand to calm her some.

Lex looked at his father and for once he had him. The trial should have been the moment Lionel would be put away for good but it didn’t stick. Now he would have to go to extremes if Lex was going to protect the life that he was starting.

“See Chloe, Lex knows his place.” Lionel spoke up after the long pause. “Both of you need me now to cover up what has happen with the Teagues.”

“Dad we aren’t here to talk about them. Besides I have handled them well enough. We are here to talk about what you are going to do now.” Lex let go of Chloe’s hand to move toward Lionel.

“You’re both murderers and you don’t think that warrants some conversation?” Lionel’s eyes narrowed as if the stare was suppose to cut into them.

Lex looked back at Chloe. He knew what happened with Genevieve was hard on her but what she said next didn’t make it seem that way anymore. “Didn’t you get convicted for killing your parents?”

Turning back to his father Lex was reminded of his newest victim. “Let’s not forget your latest murder.”

He didn’t flinch or look away but he did respond. “If Jonathan Kent is dead then it is because he was weak.”

“Is that why you’re bruised?” Chloe was putting it together before Lex could “You threatened him and he beat you up.”

Lionel sighed as if what she said was ridiculous. “Yes he overreacted and a few blows were exchanged. I simply came to him to secure the votes I worked so hard to win for my son.”

“So, you admit to killing him.” Lex wanted to hear him say it.

“I didn’t kill him.” He answered coldly.

“But you threatened him.” Lex took a step closer to him. “You told him something that you knew would push him over the edge.” He moved in a little more. “What did you know that could make his heart unable to take the strain?”

“He knows about Clark.” Chloe murmured behind him.

Lionel’s eyes widened just enough to show he was having a response. “You do know?” Lex questioned him catching the small reaction.

“Are you telling me you know as well?” Lionel replied and he seemed to be back in control again. “I knew Ms. Sullivan would find out but I thought you would never figure it out Lex.”

Lex stepped away from his father without answering. He reached for Chloe’s arm pulling her closer to him to whisper something in her ear. Her body stiffed against him then she relaxed again.

Her eyes looked towards him and he could see the acceptance in her eyes. Lex didn’t want to but he always knew one day it would come to this. He knew Clark’s secret and, even though they were at odds, it wasn’t the same as his father knowing.

After everything it was time to embrace his destiny and do away with his father once and for all. “There are two options for you dad.”

“You’re laying down ultimatums to me.” Lionel questioned, he truly was a magnificent bastard. Lex had every right to do just that.

A small bead of sweat trickled down his brow and Lex could feel the thick tension in the room. “Yes, I’m laying down ultimatums. You won’t stop until someone stops you.” Lex moved closer to him placing his face directly in front of his father’s. “I’m going to stop you.”

Of course he laughed. The man had his freedom taken away, his company was siege and every cent he made was now in Lex’s hand. Yet none of that mattered because he still formed a smirk on his face and laughed at him.

Lex stepped back to look at him and for once, even though he was belittling him, he had the power. “Your first choice is jail. You will admit to tampering with the votes and to attacking Jonathan Kent.”

“If I don’t do this?” Lionel questioned.

“Then this is the last time I speak to you.” Lex watched his father process what he was saying. For the first time Lex was admitting that the only way to truly win was to murder his father.

It took Lionel no time to understand what he meant. “If you do that then you will truly be my son.” He paused looking to Chloe. “You think Lex is different but he’s a Luthor. He takes this step and he’ll be more like me than you know. Are you ready to accept that?”

Looking back to her Lex let Chloe answer what he already knew. “Lex is nothing like you.” She moved to take his hand taking each step slowly making her point. “For once in your life just accept that you have been beaten.”

“What’s it going to be dad?” Lex waited for and answer hoping his father would get it right this time and do what was necessary.

“You won’t kill me. You don’t have it in you Alexander.” There was long stare between them and Lionel did his best to intimidate him one last time.

“Good bye dad.” Lex took leave of his father thinking it would be easy but it wasn’t. The only thing making it any better was Chloe leaving with him. Once he was at the top of the stairs a member of his staff was standing in wait for him.

“The press is ready for your statement in grand hall number two.” The man announced.

“Thank you.” For a second Lex didn’t care to see the press now but he had to. “Are ready?” He asked Chloe standing beside him now.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” She questioned back.
    “It’s alright if you come out but if you’re not ready it’s okay.” As he waited for her to respond Chloe looked to him then at the man in front of them. “You can leave.” Once the guard was clear she spoke up.

“I don’t care what the press thinks about me. You know I’m done hiding out.” She moved in front him making sure he could see fully. “Are you ready to do? This is your father?”

“Its time to stop him once and for all.” Lex answered and waited for her to run away from saying it as all too much to handle.

“Lets go.” She moved ahead of him and they didn’t talk about it again that day.

The press was like a pack of wolves out for fresh meat. The whole thing would be short and Lex would say few words to them. He hoped they wouldn’t notice that he was still in a bit of pain. His head of the election staff was already in front of them trying to calm them down.

Lex was holding Chloe’s hand when they walked into the room. Chloe’s hand started shaking in his. With a tiny squeeze he reassured her that things were okay. Once he was in the room, the press turned their attention away from his staff member to the door. The man moved away from the front towards Lex.

“They’re all yours.” He murmured as he passed.

Letting go of Chloe’s hand Lex moved in front of the crowd. He cleared his thoughts and waited for them to quite. Once there was silence he started.

“It’s a tragedy what happened to my running mate Jonathan Kent. My heart goes out to his family during this difficult time.” He paused after there was some rumbling in the crowd. “At this time, I would like to state that I will not be accepting the senate seat. The possibility that the voting was tampered with keeps me from doing so. After a thorough investigation allows the voice of the people to be heard this election remains undecided. Until that time I will make no future statements about this matter.”

Lex stepped back and prepared to leave. The wolves started to foam at the mouth with questions. The flash bulbs started to go off just as quickly as the roar began. He turned to look at Chloe who was looking back at him.

At this point it didn’t matter what anyone saw so he took no care in leaning close to her ear to whisper something to her. “How did I do?”

He looked back her at to find she was smiling at the crowd but speaking to him. “You sound like a senator to me.”

He wanted to laugh but took her hand to exit the room. Things were far from being over but at least one thing was behind them.

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

The senate race may have been a failure but Lex never really put his heart into it. Luthor corp., the black ship and finally having Chloe back clouded all of it. He was happy that Martha Kent had taken on her husband’s senate position.

There was always a mutual respect between them and if he had to lose to anyone then it would be her. When it was all said and done Lex bowed out gracefully and gave Martha his full support.

The past few weeks the truth was buried in the snow that had blanketed Smallville. The day of Jonathan Kent’s funeral the local farming community, close friends and family came out in large numbers. Each and everyone came out on the snow day that hit the small town the hardest but they didn’t care. They were all people that were in some way or another touched by Kent’s charm that Lex never saw.

The story wasn’t the same for Lionel’s funeral that winters day. The crowd slowly made their way home and away from the dark marble head stone that marked Lionel Luthor’s final resting place. Many of those people were bullied, tricked, cheated or in some way damaged by the presence of Lex’s father. Even in death his father had the ability to put the fear in people. They all came to the service most likely to see if it was real.

News reports had been going with the story that was one Lex would always believe as true even though he knew it wasn’t. His father lost his life after threatening Jonathan Kent to drop out of the senate election. Lionel’s exit after Mr. Kent went into cardiac arrest was rushed and caused him to crash his vehicle on the icy rode.

Lionel had a choice. Lex had given it to him and this is what he choose. He could go on feeling sorry for himself and longing for life with a loving father but that wasn’t going to happen.

There was only the future now.

Part of that new future was holding onto his hand keeping him steady that day. It may have seemed like he was putting too much faith in her but there was no one else that had seen Lex at his worst and was able to handle it.

“It was a nice ceremony.” Chloe broke the silence as they stood staring at the head stone with Lex’s father’s name just below his mother’s.

He nodded once and didn’t respond. The ceremony was just a show and it was done as tasteful as he could do according to his father’s will.

“If you want to…” Chloe started then stopped.

“If I want to what?” He wasn’t sure were she was going with her question.

A harsh puff of air left her and the cold air flashed in front of her before she spoke. “He was your father and if you want to let go then it’s alright.”

In all this Lex was so wrapped up in getting the election results, taking care of the mess that was Clark and seeing to Chloe he didn’t give much thought to ‘letting go’ as she put it.

“What do you mean; if I want to cry or something?” He asked warily.

“Not exactly.” She paused looking for the right words. “I guess I mean if you want to get roaring drunk and burn everything in the manor that reminds you of him it would be okay.”

The idea made Lex smirk. It might be fun to lash out but he wasn’t feeling anything like that. A relief washed over him that day. All the anger and pain he felt was washed away by today’s events.

“Thank you.” He started then turned down to look at her. “But I think your company is all I really want at the moment.”

She smiled and it never failed to make him warm inside even in the cold air of the day. “I can do that.” Once she answered she finished with a kiss on his cheek.

There was one thing he wanted to do before heading away from the burial site. “Can you leave me alone for a few minutes?” Lex asked. He wanted to say good bye alone.

“I’ll see you in the car.” She answered.

Before Chloe could get too far away from him she was calling out to him. “Lex!” His attention was turned to her and Clark was approaching them. She backed up to stand beside him again. “What does he want?”

Lex hadn’t spoken to or seen Clark since he nearly killed him. The manor was still covered in meteor rocks to ward him off until he knew what was to be done about him. There were things he needed answers to that Clark only knew but couldn’t very well ask him if he was trying to kill him.

Once he was in front of them there was a blank stare on his face. His father’s death had shaken him in ways Lex would never understand. “I’m sorry for your loss.” Clark spoke up.

There was a small lead box in his pocket that held a piece of meteor rock. If anything got out of hand he would be forced to use it. At the moment it didn’t seem like that was what Clark was there for.
    “Thank you.” Lex answered reaching out to take Chloe’s hand.

Clark clinched his hands into fists as if he was holding himself back before he went on. “I want to believe that Lionel was the cause of everything that went wrong but I can’t.”

“Clark stop this now.” Chloe tried to warn him off but Clark just went on.

“I know somehow my father’s death was because of you.” He his anger was starting to surface once he mentioned his father. “I promise you, I won’t let what happened to him happen to anyone else you come near.” He looked right at Chloe with his next response. “I especially won’t let you hurt Chloe.”

“How many times do I have to tell you I’m fine Clark?” She was defending him but Lex knew better. Something happened to Chloe in a dream that Clark knew was true.

The how’s or why’s remained to be seen but Clark knew. He stepped in forcing Clark to look at his real target. “I understand that you loved your father but I didn’t have anything to do with his death and seeking out revenge against me won’t bring him back.”

Clark moved closer to him making Lex reach for his jacket pocket. He clasped the box in his hand and just waited for the moment he would have to do what seemed to be the inevitable conclusion to his friendship with Clark.

Lex watched him breathe in and get control over himself before he answered. “This isn’t revenge; its justice. I will bring you to justice before I let you hurt another person.”

The words made him want to laugh. At the moment Lex was untouchable and the police were the least of his worries. Looking into Clark’s eyes he could see the hurt little boy inside. Being in a world that wasn’t his own and losing something that mattered so much to him looked to be killing him inside.

For the moment Lex wasn’t going to do what he had to next but his life was about the future and not looking at the past. He and Clark had long past been friends. As Lex blinked and his gaze was back on Clark, he knew what he had to do. “I know everything now Clark.”

“Because you used Chloe to get it.” The boy was nearly screaming at him piercing the chilled air.

Lex could hear Chloe starting to protest but he stopped her. He let his body turn to face her showing her that he could handle this. A slight nod from her and he turned back to Clark.

“She was loyal to you Clark.” Lex started closing the gap between them. “I asked her to tell me and she wouldn’t because she didn’t want to betray your friendship . I understood what that meant because trust is very important to me. I trusted you and I was repaid with lies. Chloe trusted you and you did the same to her.”

As he spoke Lex slowly opened the box in his pocket. The rock was encased in a ring that was fitted for his right hand. It could have been extreme but it seemed necessary after the last beating Clark had given him.

The affects were instant and Clark started to back away. His focus was lost and his footing started to betray him.

“If you came here to try and beat me so I can tell you something I didn’t do the day your father died you are mistaken.” Lex made a show of taking the right hand from his pocket, and taking off his leather glove to expose his hand then he slipped the ring onto his finger letting Clark get a full view of it.

He winced and toppled over on the snowy ground. As Lex stood over him he spoke. “I told you Clark I know everything.”

The boys eyes widened more as he took in his words then, he pleaded for help. “Chloe stop him.”

“No.” It was simple but Chloe’s words cut right into Clark as he let the pain wash over him.

Lex knew how strong Clark was and the thought the he was invincible was unsettling but now he knew better. Moving over his body Lex leaned down to his level. “I would never hurt Chloe or anybody else I cared about. You, on the other hand, can’t even tell the woman you’re in love with the truth about what you really are.” There was no way of knowing if Lana was still in the dark but, with Clark’s track record, it had to be true.

He leaned closer to him making sure he could hear him. “I know the power of truth, just look at who’s standing with me and not with you.” As he stood Lex found Chloe standing on his left next to him.

There was hint of worry in her eyes but Chloe didn’t back away. It was a hard loss for both of them but Clark had to be put in his place. At the start of it all Lex wanted just a taste of what Clark had. The trust and loyalty of friends and family was always fleeting in his life. Without Lionel around maybe Lex could have the things that eluded him. Now that he had those things he couldn’t understand why Clark took all of it for granted.

As the worry washed away she spoke up. “Let’s go.”

As they took a few steps away Lex placed the ring back in its resting place in his pocket inside the lead box. Lex heard Clark calling out to him. “Tell me where the ship is Lex!” His words fell on deaf ears but Lex should have listened because he had no idea the true power the black ship held.
    While they moved out of the cemetery Lex left behind two parts of his life he could never control. Lex was more in control of his life then ever as he left his father, now finally gone, and his so called friend covered in snow on the ground. Leaving Lionel seemed so easy because he was settled that their relationship was lost but Clark was another story.

Once he told Clark their relationship would be the stuff of legends. At the time he meant that they would be great friends but maybe this had always been their destiny.

Enemies made great legends too.

TBC

Chapter 4 Taken

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Getting It Right (R) Chapter 3 1/24/08 (Sequel to Nobody’s Hero)

Excellent chapter! Love the last line "Enemies made great legends too."

I'm excited to see this story continue. Dagney

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Clark deserve everything he got for blaming Lex when he had nothing to do with Jonathan's death. Clark is an ass for wanting to kill Lex without having any clear reason. Especially when he knows that he made that choice to turn back time.

Glad to see that Chloe and Lex are going to stick together and that Lionel is gone. I hope that everything stays well for Lex and Chloe.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was great and intense. I am so glad Chloe stood by him.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Members

Terrific story!!! Much better plot than Smallville. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Great Story! Chlark got what he deserved! Update Soon!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information