+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tipping Point (R)

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: The Tipping Point (R)

Quote Originally Posted by katieandjason View Post
    I'm sorry I fail at the compassionate angst I am supposed to feel. Chalk that up as a problem on my end. *muah*
    LOL! That's all right, katieandjason. I'll feel the angst for the both of us. We're once again at the beginning with Lex going to grovel at Chloe's feet for forgiveness while trying to spare breaking her any more than is absolutely necessary/inevitable.

*snort* I honestly don't know who to feel more sorry for. Chloe is obviously miserable, but Lex is also trapped in a hoplessly awkward situation where he is waaay out of his depth... it's not as if he forced or tricked Chloe into loving him... erm, did he?

nahhh! he couldn't, wouldn't have... only... DID HE?

he did, didn't he? That bastard!!! Kissed the girl, led her on, and remained stupidly oblivious to the sexy-charisma he was oozing out of his pores.

awwww, c'mon!!! please update! You left us at a horrible cliffhanger where we were just one the verge of finding out whether or not Lex was responsible for 'leading Chloe on' and therefore inadvertently (and clumsily) making her fall in love with him. Was she in love with him when they kissed at the birthday party? Did that kiss allow her to hope for a future where Lex would start to love her too?

Let's find out the full extent of Lex's thoughtless, clumsy handling of Ms. Sullivan and her currently miserable emotional state. Please update NOW!!!

NS Full Member

A/N: Blue: It's blast from the past time. Enjoy....yelling, that is.

A/N:Sabby: Watch out, peeps. We're doing the Time Warp! Enjoy.

One Year Ago

“Shhh, you’re going to have to be quiet or they’ll all notice that we’re gone.” She was stepping on her dress. She’d taken off the damn shoes so the material was now dragging on the floor. She held her dress in one hand. In the other she had an expensive bottle of champagne.

Lex looked behind them to check that nobody had followed then hastily closed the doors, shutting them away from the rest of the party. It was his birthday, yes, but he’d spent the last three hours schmoozing the high society. Now he deserved a private celebration with his real friends, well friend, singular, but still.

The scotch was mixing nicely with champagne and a few martinis in his blood. And Chloe had managed to sneak another large bottle, somehow. She kept a death grip on the neck of the bottle with one hand, while her other was fighting to keep the dress above her ankles.

“If you don’t remember where you left your shoes, I’m not going to help you find them.”

They’d ended up in one of the smaller ‘music rooms’. There was a grand piano and some furniture arranged neatly throughout the room in a half circle around it. Lex snorted. He could host a party for Mozart any time he decided to come back from the dead and give a little impromptu concert.

This room probably hadn’t been used since before Mozart died. But it was spotlessly clean.

“I’ve never even played on that one.” He pointed to the piano as he rounded in on Chloe, intent to get at the champagne. She couldn’t open bottles worth shit.

“No, s’mine,” she said as she turned around and shielded the bottle from Lex. It wasn’t a very good move, though, because his arms encircled her body as he fought to get the bottle out of her hands. “You’ve already had too much.”

She started to laugh as Lex kept trying to get the bottle away from her. “You’re a hog. I told you it’s. No, Lex, no, stop.”

One of his hands had gone for her side. It wasn’t fair and it was going to get the bottle broken. She felt Lex’s hot breath on her neck as he was half bent over her body.

Through her fit of giggles she said, “You can have it if you play for me. You play for the tramps but never for me.”

Lex tried for another few moments, but she was a quick little weasel and there was no way he could get at the damn bottle without risking to break it. Huffing out a breath he pulled back and straightened up.

“Fine, I play, you surrender the bottle, kay?”

He had no clue what to play in the first place. He didn’t really play for the tramps like she’d accused him of. Well maybe once or twice. It was a surefire way to get into a woman’s pants, who could blame him?

Walking over to the piano, he flipped the lid and stared at the keys. Lex folded his fingers and cracked his knuckles as he tried to remember how that damn sonata went. Not the moonlight one, that was too depressive. The playful one, with the tinkling cascades and the move that could twist his fingers into knots if he didn’t watch out. Maybe he was too drunk for that one.

Lex looked over at Chloe and the champagne bottle in her hands. Then again, if he did this, he’d impress the shit out of her while he was at it. He was aiming for the slack jawed, wide eyed, ‘Wow, you can really do that?’ face.

As Lex stared at the keys, Chloe hid a smile. Lex drunk was fun. He wasn’t so serious looking and acting. She liked it.
    But if she had to surrender the bottle, she knew she wouldn’t get anything out of it. He was a big lush when he wanted to be. She hadn’t really agreed to his terms. He had just thought she had.

So, she sauntered over to the piano and then jumped on top of it. Once settled, she tried to open the bottle. Besides, if he played well her panties just might come off. She and Lex had been flirting pretty hard for the past two hours. Hands had wandered and looks had lingered as the drinks had gone down their throats. And she liked her panties where they were, thank you very much.

Yes, she’d thought about Lex that way but it didn’t mean anything.

Speaking of panties, Lex might have gotten a flash of hers as she was now using her dress as a buffer between her hand and the damn cork, it didn’t want to give. “You’re not playing,” she observed as she could feel the cork starting to give. The piano was her stalling tactic. But it wouldn’t work if Lex didn’t play.

“You’re not going to break the bottle trying to open it,” Lex stated with conviction. “Put the bottle down and keep your hands where I can see ‘em, else I won’t play.”

And he still had to think about how the damn sonata started. It always got easier once he was through the first part, but the start was like remembering the first line of a learned poem. You could think of the third one, and the fifth, and the twelfth but the first damn line just wouldn’t come to you.

Her antics with the bottle were really distracting, too. If she squeezed her thighs any tighter around the body, she might just break it before the cork ever moved a millimeter.

Lex annoyingly placed his hand on top of the piano, one hand on either side of her body. “Fine,” she grumbled. She placed the bottle off to the side and leaned back on her elbows. “Happy? Now play me something Rachmaninoff.”

Remembering that she was supposed to be a lady, she closed her legs.

Lex laughed at her pouting and the way it took her a full thirty seconds to realize she’d better close her legs.

“Afraid I’m not that good.” He said as he brought his fingers down to the keys, still waiting for those first few notes to come to mind. “Nice panties, by the way.” Ah, right. The first was a G minor accord.

He concentrated on his fingers as he started playing, but apparently they remembered everything his brain had forgotten and the melody came out fluent and playful, just like it was supposed to. His eyes went up to Chloe’s face, waiting for the first signs of ‘Wow’.

She looked cute. Leaned back on her hands with her legs dangling slightly, nodding along with the tune.

Chloe relaxed a little more once the music filled the room. “Thanks,” she murmured. “They’re new. Bought them in case I got lucky with one of your friends.” The dress was new, too. One couldn’t go to a Luthor affair in one’s old garments. It just wouldn’t do.

She leaned further back but lying that way wasn’t really comfortable. After about a minute of repositioning her body, she found herself on her stomach with her head resting on her folded hands. She closed her eyes and felt the reverberations of the music echoing through the bones in her body.

After another two minutes of playing, Lex stopped. She thought that it might have been a break in the movement but he didn’t start again. Chloe opened her eyes and looked over at him. “Why with the stopping?” She shook her head. “No stopping.”

Lex looked at the way she was sprawled all over the piano. The dress was a long, deep red affair with a slit up the side that revealed her leg up to almost her butt and her hair was done in one of those wavy 1920’s revival dos. All that was missing was a vodka glass in her one hand and a cigarette in the other, or dangling from blood red lips. Of course she’d chosen a more subtle lipstick than that.

“Someone strike your fancy?” There were a few good looking rich matches for her to be had out there. At least if gossip could be believed. Lex wouldn’t mind introducing her. Except that they’d have to go back to the party for that. “I could introduce you, I suppose.” He didn’t want to go back yet, though.

Looking down at the keys, he started playing again, trying to remember where he’d stopped in the tune.

His gaze came back up and he looked at her again, leaning up onto her elbows to look down at him, showing quite a bit of cleavage; very nice, ample cleavage. And she was cocking her head at him just so. If she had red hair, she’d be a perfect rip off of Jessica Rabbit. Lex chuckled to himself. He wondered if she could pull off the attitude, too. That would definitely help to get the men out there to notice.

Lex’s ‘I suppose’ sounded very put off. Well, he’d just have to suck it up. What was the point of having a hot, older, rich friend if they couldn’t introduce you to others like them? She watched as he concentrated on the keys that his hands were hitting.

This obviously didn’t come easy to Lex. People would be surprised to find that that was true of a lot of things for the man seated before her. Most others would never be privy to that, though.

She waited until he looked back up at her before speaking. “A few,” she said, vaguely. But she’d have to get specific if she wanted Lex to help her out. And she hoped he wouldn’t go on some spiel about what their net-worths were or something like that. She wasn’t looking for a long term love, just a little fun.

Lex had already had his. He’d been ‘dating,’ if you wanted to call it that, a lot lately. Some redhead had been on her way out when she, Lana and Clark had shown up for the party a few hours ago.

“Richard Meeks, Percy Ennis, Jackson Bloom, Malik Williams, Kenneth Driesden and Brent Casman.” She listed off the men that she’d been looking over for the past hour or so. Only the past hour cause she’d finally gotten drunk enough to start plotting to attack one of them.

Lex blinked as she rattled off the names. He hadn’t expected it to be that many. “This is worse than that one time where you roped me into going shoe shopping.” Thankfully, Lex had sworn her to secrecy on that one. For a guy with almost a decade of experience with women, he’d been completely blindsided by her. And ended up learning the difference between ‘sensible shoes’, ’business shoes’ and ‘party shoes’ completely against his will.

Shaking his head, he brought his mind back on the matter. He stopped playing again as he tried to remember the names she’d rattled off and the men who belonged to them.

“Okay, let me think,” he contemplated with a longing look towards the champagne bottle near her hip. “Richie is nice, but dull. Really dull.” So dull that Lex had been reduced to drinking an entire pot of coffee during a meeting so he didn’t fall asleep on the guy’s monotonous voice.

“Brent Casman.” He rolled the name on his tongue, trying to match it with a face. Or at least a headline to give him something to start with. “If he’s the blond one with the glasses and the long nose then you wanna stay away from, he’s had some psycho stalk him for a few months now, and they still haven’t put her behind bars.” No need to get Chloe into yet another life or death situation.

Speaking of which. “Kenneth Driesden was on your list? You can strike him out. He’s an asshole, trust me. While the rest of us grew up he just grew worse. You don’t wanna deal with that.”

“Bloom is thirty-six, I’m not hooking you up with someone almost twice your age.” Of course Jackson Bloom had that whole gentleman routine going, he’d be nice enough, Lex supposed and treat Chloe like she deserved on a date. But the man was thirty-six. Way too old.

“And Malik and Percy are an item.” Lex made a face of slight distaste, “At least I think they are. I caught them screwing in the bathroom about twenty minutes after you got here.”

Chloe listened as Lex went and dashed most to all of her hopes for a good evening against the proverbial rocks. “Why are all of the pretty ones gay,” she asked. When Lex remained silent she said, “No, really, I’m asking.”

He only started to grin at her. “Fine, be no help whatsoever.” She reached for the bottle next to her. Yes, Lex thought he was getting it but being that he had already gotten some of another kind and she was not getting any tonight it was only fair that she got to drown her sorrows.

Chloe sat up and quickly went to work on the cork. After very little fanfare, it popped off and she took a swig of the liquid. She thought about what Lex had told her. “Those middle two would be fine for just tonight. Introduce me.”

Lex stared at her. She’d obviously lost her mind. Or had had too much alcohol to think clearly. There was no way she was going out with either of the two potentially dangerous guys. “You’re crazy.”

He stood up and hooked his hand under her thigh to pull her around so she was facing him fully. Some stern talking to was necessary and he couldn’t do that while she looked down on him sideways.

Chloe squeaked in surprise and indignation as her feet landed on the keyboard with a discordant noise. Lex had planted himself firmly in front of her, hands braced beside her hips on the lid of the piano.

“I’m not going to give you a helping hand in finding trouble. I’d sooner let you go out with Bloom, at least he’d make sure to bring you back in one piece and without getting you into a car crash or cause you to end up with a stalker’s knife in your back.”

Lex wasn’t amused by a long shot. He was so far from amused at the idea that he was downright … whatever the most extreme opposite of amused was.

“You are not getting yourself into trouble while you’re under my watch, missy.”

Usually Chloe would be annoyed by Lex telling her what to do or what not to do. Usually she’d snap back at him with acid laced on her tongue. But she usually wasn’t this drunk in front of Lex.

Maybe if she wasn’t so drunk she’d appreciate what he was trying to do. Keep her safe and out of harm’s way and all that crap. She took another drink out of the bottle as he glared down at her.

Chloe was also trying her damnest not to laugh. He’d called her ‘missy’ for god’s sake. How was she supposed to keep a straight face?

The words that he’d thrown at her had also made her momentarily forget that he’d moved her around like a doll.

She looked up at his tense, angry, glaring face and found herself smiling. “Ok, Lex, that’ll be your birthday gift.” He didn’t look any happier. Well, maybe he would once he found the actual gift that she’d hidden in his office while he’d been getting dressed.

Chloe pouted a little when his face still looked all scrunched up. “And this.” She leaned forward and upwards and brushed her lips softly against his. She had not expected the bolt of something that accompanied the action. She ignored it.
    Pulling back just a little, Chloe turned her eyes to meet Lex’s. “Happy Birthday, Lex.”

Lex was too stunned to respond. He’d been busy being annoyed and angry for the moment, so he hadn’t even realized she leaned in before her lips had been on his. He’d be a liar if he said he’d never thought of her in a more than friendly way, but he’d never expected anything to happen.

He licked his lips, tasting something fruity and champagne. Somehow, he’d still not pulled back and that fruity taste was interesting. His eyes were drawn to her lips again. And again he didn’t even notice the part where he leaned in, or she leaned in, or it might have been both of them.

But he did notice the soft lips and the subtle taste of fruit and champagne. He noticed the rough, smooth, slick texture of her tongue as it touched and tangled with his own. He was so busy noticing everything about the kiss, including that odd warm electric feeling that he didn’t notice his hands moving without permission to take hold of her ass and pull her closer.

Chloe wasn’t sure what was happening but she liked it. Maybe a little too much. One of them should probably put a stop to it. But they were both a little too busy letting their hands wander in places that they shouldn’t be.

It struck Chloe as odd that it wasn’t odd that Lex’s hands were on her ass and she was sliding first closer and then directly against Lex’s body. She came up for air briefly and gasped when she felt his teeth on her neck.

Her hands ran up and down his back and she wished that she could actually feel him. Lex was having all of the fun, getting to run one of his hands up and down her bare leg as the other rested on the small of her back. Though there was some fun to be had in the feelings said hand was creating.

He pulled back and then they somehow ended up on the piano bench with their mouths fused together again. She was sitting sideways on his lap with her arm wrapped around the back of his neck.

She’d never seen Lex do anything tentatively before. But it was the best word to describe the way in which his left hand came to rest on her upper thigh. Instead of slapping it away she moaned his name into his mouth. That caused all hesitation to disappear from his body.

Lex couldn’t believe what he was doing, but as little as he could believe it he could stop it even less. He couldn’t deny that it was really nice to have Chloe in his lap, cozying up against his chest while they shared a lazy kiss. It was a damn nice birthday gift, possibly one of the best he’d ever gotten. Definitely in the top ten.

The sound of the door opening and Enrique’s voice inquiring after him was enough to reinstate sanity.

Lex pulled away from the kiss immediately, feeling like a complete moron. What the hell was he doing making out with his best friend? It was a sure fire way to fuck things up spectacularly.

“Yes, Enrique,” he inquired as calmly as was possible while he shifted Chloe out of his lap and set her on her own two feet.

He kept his gaze on the butler, trying to ignore the momentary stumbling behind his left shoulder. His buzz was completely gone and there was nothing worse than realizing you’d just fucked up and were stone cold sober on top of it all.

Enrique had been looking for his employer for the better part of thirty minutes. The cake cutting ceremony was to commence exactly at ten, he’d been informed. Master Luthor wanted the ‘vultures’, his word, not Enrique’s, out of the house as soon as possible.
    Which was why he’d been looking for his employer. Had he known what the man was up to, he wouldn’t have interrupted. It looked as if he and Ms. Sullivan were finally on the right track with one another. Instead of nature taking its course, Enrique had seen that he’d caused harm to the situation.

“Your cake is ready, sir,” he said and then left as soon as possible.

Chloe had tried to get herself together as quickly as possible. That shouldn’t have happened. It was nice. She’d enjoyed it. It had felt good and, well, almost natural but it shouldn’t have happened. They’d both been drinking and hadn’t known what they were doing.

Sure, neither of them was fall down drunk and they’d had enough motor function to get to the bench but that was beside the point. Enrique left the room.

She tried to say something but it was a little difficult what with still feeling Lex’s hands and mouth on her body. What was wrong with her? Lex certainly wasn’t the first man that she’d kissed who had known what he was doing. Then why was her body still hot and tingly? Maybe she was coming down with something.

Chloe leaned against the piano and looked down at Lex. “I’m sorry, I, uh, shouldn’t have done that.”

Lex turned around slowly, forcing himself to meet her eyes. This was going to be fucking awkward.

“It’s not just your fault.” Most of it was pretty much his fault for taking things too far that shouldn’t even have started.

His worst concern was that this could cost him her friendship. It wasn’t that he thought she hadn’t liked it. Hell, it wasn’t even that he hadn’t liked it. The fact of the matter was that it had been wrong and could only end up badly if they started down that way. Chloe was one of his closest friends and that was more important than his goddamn libido. “I think it would be best if we could forget it ever happened.”

Lex looked at her intently, trying to gauge her reaction as his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his pants. “Can we do that?”

“Absolutely,” Chloe said instantaneously. She had no desire to talk about this one thing ad nauseum for god only knew how long.

They were both attractive people, they’d been drinking, were alone, it was bound to happen. Actually, it was surprising that it hadn’t happened before tonight.

“So,” she said, rubbing her hands together, “cake?”

[b]Today[/i]

Lex looked down at his cake. The sweet treat wasn’t as tasty anymore after he’d just had to regurgitate and relive that night a little over a year ago. Of course he’d given Clark the extremely abridged version.

Enrique was snorting and slamming something behind his back and Lex turned around to call him on it.

However, he didn’t get that far when Clark started in on him, now that he’d heard the ‘full’ story.

“You guys made out?” Clark knew that his voice had risen in both pitch and volume but he couldn’t help it. Lex had turned around to say something to Enrique, probably fire the guy for outing him, but he turned back when he heard Clark’s voice.

Lex didn’t get a chance to speak, though.

“Lana is going to freak the fuck out. I can’t believe Chloe kept this a secret.” Now Clark was mostly talking to himself. Both he and Lana had spoken to Chloe about Lex for hours on end. Not once had she even hinted that something like this had happened. And Lana would have mentioned groping on a piano bench to Clark had Chloe shared that with her.

“Well, what do you have to say for yourself? I thought you said that you didn’t have any feelings for her.” He was interested to see how Lex rationalized it. If it was anyone else, Clark would accept the ‘I was drunk’ excuse. But this was Lex he was talking to. The man always knew what he was doing. Always.

Clark knew that he wasn’t being fair but Chloe was the one who was hurting in all of this. He’d be supportive of Lex later.

Lex opened his mouth but Clark cut in again. “And don’t give me the old song and dance about how she’s your best friend so of course you have feelings for her. I know that one. I used that one. I wrote that one. And let’s not forget that we were best friends and I never once ended up in your lap.”

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This was a beautiful update!

This part:

His worst concern was that this could cost him her friendship. It wasn’t that he thought she hadn’t liked it. Hell, it wasn’t even that he hadn’t liked it. The fact of the matter was that it had been wrong and could only end up badly if they started down that way. Chloe was one of his closest friends and that was more important than his goddamn libido. “I think it would be best if we could forget it ever happened.”
    is classic Lex Luthor Logic. It doesn't matter if he and Chloe could actually be happy together--he doesn't want to ruin a friendship.

I also enjoyed seeing him go into over-protective mode at the thought of Chloe's dating one of his friends. And of course that led to the gorgeous making out scene that was as wonderful as I knew it would be.

It's a shame that Enrique had to walk in on them, but their sleeping together when they were drunk might have ended their friendship completely.

So, I'm glad that Enrique outed Lex and Chloe's kiss, but I hope he doesn't lose his job because of it.

And how awesome is Clark in this fic?! He isn't going to let Lex off the hook with his "We were both drunk" excuse.

And I certainly hope Clark has never been in Lex's lap--if anything, Lex would be in Clark's arms

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it right now--THIS FIC ROCKS!!

Can't wait for more.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent chapter. I'll say it again...Lex is being an idiot. I hope he can fix this. They should be together. More please.

loved the blast from the past! the kiss was priceless.

the fact that chloe was sober enough to mention all the men that interested her was amusing, the way that lex dismissed all of them, well it reminds me of a book i read before. and enrique interrupted them, i'm totally with him on the not appearing at all, i like that he thinks that chloe and lex belong together, love him more for calling lex out on his actions, not very many people would do that, i just hope it doesn't cost him his job.

and clark, funny clark! i certainly hope that he never landed on lex' lap, lex might end up paralyzed, clark's way bulkier than he is, it did give me a hilarious image though. loved the update, love this fic!!! more soon please!!!

Lex looked behind them to check that nobody had followed then hastily closed the doors, shutting them away from the rest of the party. It was his birthday, yes, but he’d spent the last three hours schmoozing the high society. Now he deserved a private celebration with his real friends, well friend, singular, but still.
    heh, ok, we’ve established that they are friends, who have snuck away from the main body of the party… they are drunk, and have plans to have even more alcohol. Already this does NOT bode well.

They’d ended up in one of the smaller ‘music rooms’. There was a grand piano and some furniture arranged neatly throughout the room in a half circle around it. Lex snorted. He could host a party for Mozart any time he decided to come back from the dead and give a little impromptu concert.
    *giggle* I thought it was cute when Lex observed how incredibly pompous this music room was. How many people have a single music room, much less a whole bunch of them under the same roof.

One of his hands had gone for her side. It wasn’t fair and it was going to get the bottle broken. She felt Lex’s hot breath on her neck as he was half bent over her body.
    I was holding my breath as I imagined them in this drunken embrace. Definitely not good! I’m already seeing warning signs of what’s going to happen later.

He had no clue what to play in the first place. He didn’t really play for the tramps like she’d accused him of. Well maybe once or twice. It was a surefire way to get into a woman’s pants, who could blame him?
    *disdainful snort* Playboy pig! He probably drips ‘sex me’ without even thinking about it. Chloe never stood a chance

Walking over to the piano, he flipped the lid and stared at the keys. Lex folded his fingers and cracked his knuckles as he tried to remember how that damn sonata went. Not the moonlight one, that was too depressive. The playful one, with the tinkling cascades and the move that could twist his fingers into knots if he didn’t watch out. Maybe he was too drunk for that one.

Lex looked over at Chloe and the champagne bottle in her hands. Then again, if he did this, he’d impress the shit out of her while he was at it. He was aiming for the slack jawed, wide eyed, ‘Wow, you can really do that?’ face.
    LOL! I loved how Lex wanted to impress Chloe with his piano skills, and I was impressed that he had enough working brain cells right now to be able to strategize the best music to be able to do so.

So, she sauntered over to the piano and then jumped on top of it. Once settled, she tried to open the bottle. Besides, if he played well her panties just might come off. She and Lex had been flirting pretty hard for the past two hours. Hands had wandered and looks had lingered as the drinks had gone down their throats. And she liked her panties where they were, thank you very much.

Yes, she’d thought about Lex that way but it didn’t mean anything.
    This was interesting and VERY good to confirm. Now I know that, previous to their make-out session, Chloe didn’t really have any romantic feelings towards Lex… not consciously anyway.

And he still had to think about how the damn sonata started. It always got easier once he was through the first part, but the start was like remembering the first line of a learned poem. You could think of the third one, and the fifth, and the twelfth but the first damn line just wouldn’t come to you.
    LOL! I loved this observation… ain’t it the truth?

Lex annoyingly placed his hand on top of the piano, one hand on either side of her body. “Fine,” she grumbled. She placed the bottle off to the side and leaned back on her elbows. “Happy? Now play me something Rachmaninoff.”
    *impressed with Chloe for her ability to come up with the word ‘Rachmaninoff’ in her drunken state.

She leaned further back but lying that way wasn’t really comfortable. After about a minute of repositioning her body, she found herself on her stomach with her head resting on her folded hands. She closed her eyes and felt the reverberations of the music echoing through the bones in her body.

After another two minutes of playing, Lex stopped. She thought that it might have been a break in the movement but he didn’t start again. Chloe opened her eyes and looked over at him. “Why with the stopping?” She shook her head. “No stopping.”

Lex looked at the way she was sprawled all over the piano. The dress was a long, deep red affair with a slit up the side that revealed her leg up to almost her butt and her hair was done in one of those wavy 1920’s revival dos. All that was missing was a vodka glass in her one hand and a cigarette in the other, or dangling from blood red lips. Of course she’d chosen a more subtle lipstick than that.
    What the hell?! Is he GAY?! I was just visualizing what an incredibly, striking and sexy image Chloe made stretched out on the piano, and Lex was ‘admiring her aesthetics’ in the most cold, objective way possible… like she was a piece of modern art rather than a sexy, vibrant woman.

My only explanation is that he was SO determined not to see her as a ‘temptation’ that he completely and wilfully shut his mind away from Chloe’s sex appeal.

His gaze came back up and he looked at her again, leaning up onto her elbows to look down at him, showing quite a bit of cleavage; very nice, ample cleavage. And she was cocking her head at him just so. If she had red hair, she’d be a perfect rip off of Jessica Rabbit. Lex chuckled to himself. He wondered if she could pull off the attitude, too. That would definitely help to get the men out there to notice.
    arrrgh! He’s gay! It’s final! Either that, or he’s blind! As if Chloe needed any kind of ‘improvement’ to be sexy!!! Red hair, indeed! *huffs*

Lex’s ‘I suppose’ sounded very put off. Well, he’d just have to suck it up. What was the point of having a hot, older, rich friend if they couldn’t introduce you to others like them? She watched as he concentrated on the keys that his hands were hitting.
    ROTFLMAO! This was a VERY interesting perspective. And very true as well. I never considered this as one of the benefits to being friends with Lex Luthor, but I guess it WOULD be true that he ‘could’ introduce you to a whole range of exciting, rich playboys.

This obviously didn’t come easy to Lex. People would be surprised to find that that was true of a lot of things for the man seated before her. Most others would never be privy to that, though.
    awww, I liked this glimpse into the affection Chloe holds for her ‘dear friend’, Lex. It’s nice that she sees the ‘human’ side of him, and likes him all the more for it. Is it really so surprising that the affection blossomed into something more? I think it was inevitable… probably would have happened even WITHOUT the makeout session.

“Richard Meeks, Percy Ennis, Jackson Bloom, Malik Williams, Kenneth Driesden and Brent Casman.” She listed off the men that she’d been looking over for the past hour or so. Only the past hour cause she’d finally gotten drunk enough to start plotting to attack one of them.
    ROTFLOL! She actually made a list. Oh MY! LOL!

“Okay, let me think,” he contemplated with a longing look towards the champagne bottle near her hip. “Richie is nice, but dull. Really dull.” So dull that Lex had been reduced to drinking an entire pot of coffee during a meeting so he didn’t fall asleep on the guy’s monotonous voice.

“Brent Casman.” He rolled the name on his tongue, trying to match it with a face. Or at least a headline to give him something to start with. “If he’s the blond one with the glasses and the long nose then you wanna stay away from, he’s had some psycho stalk him for a few months now, and they still haven’t put her behind bars.” No need to get Chloe into yet another life or death situation.

Speaking of which. “Kenneth Driesden was on your list? You can strike him out. He’s an asshole, trust me. While the rest of us grew up he just grew worse. You don’t wanna deal with that.”

“Bloom is thirty-six, I’m not hooking you up with someone almost twice your age.” Of course Jackson Bloom had that whole gentleman routine going, he’d be nice enough, Lex supposed and treat Chloe like she deserved on a date. But the man was thirty-six. Way too old.

“And Malik and Percy are an item.” Lex made a face of slight distaste, “At least I think they are. I caught them screwing in the bathroom about twenty minutes after you got here.”
    LOL! I thought it was adorable the way every single one of Chloe’s prospects were shot down. All for perfectly reasonable reasons, of course. I really didn’t sense that Lex was actively searching for a reason to throw up obstacles because he was feeling possessive or jealous. He probably would have accommodated Chloe quite amiably… IF any of her choices had been a viable option in his view.

Perhaps he should recommend someone?

He stood up and hooked his hand under her thigh to pull her around so she was facing him fully. Some stern talking to was necessary and he couldn’t do that while she looked down on him sideways.

Chloe squeaked in surprise and indignation as her feet landed on the keyboard with a discordant noise. Lex had planted himself firmly in front of her, hands braced beside her hips on the lid of the piano.

“I’m not going to give you a helping hand in finding trouble. I’d sooner let you go out with Bloom, at least he’d make sure to bring you back in one piece and without getting you into a car crash or cause you to end up with a stalker’s knife in your back.”

Lex wasn’t amused by a long shot. He was so far from amused at the idea that he was downright … whatever the most extreme opposite of amused was.

“You are not getting yourself into trouble while you’re under my watch, missy.”
    heh, part of me was a little indignant by his presumptuous and condescending attitude towards his ‘helpless female companion’… but another part of me was touched by his concern for his friend.

Chloe was also trying her damnest not to laugh. He’d called her ‘missy’ for god’s sake. How was she supposed to keep a straight face?

The words that he’d thrown at her had also made her momentarily forget that he’d moved her around like a doll.

She looked up at his tense, angry, glaring face and found herself smiling. “Ok, Lex, that’ll be your birthday gift.” He didn’t look any happier. Well, maybe he would once he found the actual gift that she’d hidden in his office while he’d been getting dressed.
    *giggle* I laughed to see that Chloe was generally good natured about Lex’s ‘ultimatum’ over here. She actually seemed amused by the ‘stern stance’ he was taking. LOL!

Chloe pouted a little when his face still looked all scrunched up. “And this.” She leaned forward and upwards and brushed her lips softly against his. She had not expected the bolt of something that accompanied the action. She ignored it.
    Pulling back just a little, Chloe turned her eyes to meet Lex’s. “Happy Birthday, Lex.”
    Hmmm, so this is how it started. I can see that Chloe ‘techinically’ initiated the kiss… but I can also see she meant it to be a simple friendly peck. Something that was supposed to be finished barely the moment after it was begun. Too bad it didn’t turn out like that.

Lex was too stunned to respond. He’d been busy being annoyed and angry for the moment, so he hadn’t even realized she leaned in before her lips had been on his. He’d be a liar if he said he’d never thought of her in a more than friendly way, but he’d never expected anything to happen.
    hmmm, so Lex HAD entertained some lusty thoughts of Chloe before this night? HOW lusty are we talking here? Did he find himself picturing her naked once or twice (which is probably something bound to happen)… or did he entertain fantasies of her while he was alone (and erect) in his bed?

He licked his lips, tasting something fruity and champagne. Somehow, he’d still not pulled back and that fruity taste was interesting. His eyes were drawn to her lips again. And again he didn’t even notice the part where he leaned in, or she leaned in, or it might have been both of them.

But he did notice the soft lips and the subtle taste of fruit and champagne. He noticed the rough, smooth, slick texture of her tongue as it touched and tangled with his own. He was so busy noticing everything about the kiss, including that odd warm electric feeling that he didn’t notice his hands moving without permission to take hold of her ass and pull her closer.

Chloe wasn’t sure what was happening but she liked it. Maybe a little too much. One of them should probably put a stop to it. But they were both a little too busy letting their hands wander in places that they shouldn’t be.
    Uh oh! So this is how and where the trouble started. *sigh* I was looking so forward to blaming it all on Lex, but the truth is that they were BOTH drunk and stupid and indulged in something that they both knew was a bad idea. I can see how the nasty combination of lust, passion and diminished thought led to this grope-session.

Her hands ran up and down his back and she wished that she could actually feel him. Lex was having all of the fun, getting to run one of his hands up and down her bare leg as the other rested on the small of her back. Though there was some fun to be had in the feelings said hand was creating.

He pulled back and then they somehow ended up on the piano bench with their mouths fused together again. She was sitting sideways on his lap with her arm wrapped around the back of his neck.

She’d never seen Lex do anything tentatively before. But it was the best word to describe the way in which his left hand came to rest on her upper thigh. Instead of slapping it away she moaned his name into his mouth. That caused all hesitation to disappear from his body.

Lex couldn’t believe what he was doing, but as little as he could believe it he could stop it even less. He couldn’t deny that it was really nice to have Chloe in his lap, cozying up against his chest while they shared a lazy kiss. It was a damn nice birthday gift, possibly one of the best he’d ever gotten. Definitely in the top ten.
    *sigh* It WAS a lovely, sweet and sexy make-out session. It seemed to develop so naturally too. Hmmm, it seems like Lex was enjoying the sensations as much as Chloe… I wonder how it ended up with Lex agreeing that it should never happen again, and Chloe left wanting much, MUCH more.

Lex pulled away from the kiss immediately, feeling like a complete moron. What the hell was he doing making out with his best friend? It was a sure fire way to fuck things up spectacularly.

“Yes, Enrique,” he inquired as calmly as was possible while he shifted Chloe out of his lap and set her on her own two feet.
    ahhhh, now I see. THIS was the moment where Lex completely shut away all alternative possibilities from the forefront of his mind. Chloe was strictly in the category of ‘friend’, and was therefore untouchable… therefore he COULDN’T be attracted to her. I can see him shifting gears into denial right this moment.

Enrique had been looking for his employer for the better part of thirty minutes. The cake cutting ceremony was to commence exactly at ten, he’d been informed. Master Luthor wanted the ‘vultures’, his word, not Enrique’s, out of the house as soon as possible.

Which was why he’d been looking for his employer. Had he known what the man was up to, he wouldn’t have interrupted. It looked as if he and Ms. Sullivan were finally on the right track with one another. Instead of nature taking its course, Enrique had seen that he’d caused harm to the situation.
    LOL! I thought it was really funny that Enrique has been rooting for a ‘Chlex ending’ for well OVER a year now. I can’t imagine how frustrated he must have been to see Chloe and Lex stepping back into ‘just friends’ again. Not to mention how enraged he must have been when Lex got engaged to another gold-digger that HE DIDN’T EVEN LOVE!!!!

Honestly, this part still confuses me. WHY was Lex so desperate to get married, that he be willing to tie himself to woman that he didn’t love. Did he particularly even LIKE his ex-fiancé?

She tried to say something but it was a little difficult what with still feeling Lex’s hands and mouth on her body. What was wrong with her? Lex certainly wasn’t the first man that she’d kissed who had known what he was doing. Then why was her body still hot and tingly? Maybe she was coming down with something.
    heh, I’d say she’s coming down with something, all right. I guess this marks the beginning of Chloe’s ‘falling in love’ with Lex Luthor? Or at least, the beginning of her consciously REALIZING that she was in love with Lex.

Lex looked at her intently, trying to gauge her reaction as his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his pants. “Can we do that?”

“Absolutely,” Chloe said instantaneously. She had no desire to talk about this one thing ad nauseum for god only knew how long.
    aaargh! Typical, panicked male reaction. Wanting to sweep everything, emotional repercussion and all under the rug as swiftly as possible. As if getting it over with ‘quickly’ is the best way to resolve the situation.

Chloe certainly didn’t help herself by agreeing to ‘forget the whole thing’. I guess she was in too much shock right now to realize what had happened… it was probably much later… some cold, lonely night… that she realized the full consequences of kissing Lex Luthor.

“Well, what do you have to say for yourself? I thought you said that you didn’t have any feelings for her.” He was interested to see how Lex rationalized it. If it was anyone else, Clark would accept the ‘I was drunk’ excuse. But this was Lex he was talking to. The man always knew what he was doing. Always.

Clark knew that he wasn’t being fair but Chloe was the one who was hurting in all of this. He’d be supportive of Lex later.
    *squeeeee* I LOVE this Clark. He’s really NOT afraid of confrontation… especially on behalf of a friend.

Lex opened his mouth but Clark cut in again. “And don’t give me the old song and dance about how she’s your best friend so of course you have feelings for her. I know that one. I used that one. I wrote that one. And let’s not forget that we were best friends and I never once ended up in your lap.”
    ROTFLMAO! Seriously, I was in HYSTERICS from this closing sentence. I was so glad to see that Clark is not going to settle for anything less than a direct answer and full disclosure from Lex. He’s going straight to the heart of the matter, and trying to find out about Lex’s ‘feelings’ towards Chloe…

Clark is undoubtedly hoping to unearth some hidden feelings for Chloe, but I don’t think he’s going to be successful… NOT because there are no feelings to find (because there ‘might’ be)… but because this is an ‘angst’ fic, and there is no way the characters have been put through enough torturous drama yet

This was a fabulous update, BlueSabby! I loved it. There were a LOT of questions answered, and it really helped form a clearer picture about the how and why of Chloe falling in love with Lex when he didn’t return her feelings.

I look forward to story progress. Please update soon.

I love this fic.
    Please update soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I do so love it when Lex and Chloe get drunk. They are so much fun. Lex had good excuses for all the guys he couldn't set Chloe up with except for the older man one, yes being half a guy's age may be too much but it's not a horrible reason. I think the better reason is that Lex just doesn't want to admit that he doesn't want Chloe with any other guy.

I have to agree with Enrique, I really wish he hadn't have opened that door. I do love that he's at the point where he no longer cares if Lex fires him. Someone has to be the one to out Lex or things will never get resolved.

Oh and I still love Clark because not only did he admit to his asshat ways, but he's also hilarious with the 'lap' line.

So once they get Lex to admit to his stupidity, how is he going to fix this?

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information