Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 20 08/01/2020

Re: Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 18 11/3/2010

This is brilliant, update soon!!

Re: Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 18 11/3/2010

hope you update soon^^

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 19 09/05/2011

Notes: Poor fic let me bring you back to life.

Chapter 19 Salvage (Chloe POV)

It wasn’t like her, but Chloe needed a stiff drink. Wine with dinner was common or after work drinks with Lois, but that night she wanted something stronger.

When she was satisfied that her father and Emma were asleep Chloe made her way to the study. Lois was there typing away on her laptop and Chloe didn’t pause to speak to her. She made her way to bar to pour one of Lex’s fine single malts into a glass with no ice.

“You’re drinking scotch now?” Chloe heard Lois question just as she was taking a sip from her half filled glass.

The liquid stung her taste buds as it went down then left her with a smoky finish. It was just what she wanted before turning to answer Lois. “After what happened I think I earned it.”

“Are you alright?” Lois moved in on her and it was nice to see that family could trump front-page news for Lois Lane.

After a hard long sigh Chloe took another sip. She couldn’t say it aloud. Lex had just left the penthouse and she was certain he was going to come home once Lionel Luthor was gone for good.

“Emma is safe so yes I’m fine.” It was only partly true. The most important thing in her life was safe but the newest part of her life was going to change forever if he was going to see his father.

“You should go after him.” Lois spoke reaching her hand out to Chloe’s shoulder.

Tucking a long blonde lock of hair behind her ear Chloe took the comfort. “What are you talking about?”

Lois rolled her eyes before answering. “You’re worried about him and you should go after him.”

Chloe breathed in deep remembering what Lex told her so many months ago at the Kent Farm. Before she left, he was going down the wrong path and her leaving made him turn around. She couldn’t let him start down that road again.

“You and Clark will stay with Emma.” Chloe replied handing her unfinished glass to Lois. She didn’t want to leave her daughter after just getting her back, but if she didn’t leave now they were both going to lose Lex.

She had to salvage their relationship before Lionel finally ruined it. After all, he had done, the old man had it coming, but Lex couldn’t murder him. He would never be able to live with himself with that blood on his hands.

“Of course we will stay.” Lois took the glass from her and Chloe was off.

She couldn’t get to Metropolis Medical fast enough.

-------------}{------------

Breaking every traffic law in the book Chloe made it to the hospital in one piece. She was going back to the last place she remembered before Lex woke her out of Lionel’s trance.

She knew well enough where prisoners would be held in the hospital and went right for the basement floor. Several guards should have been posted outside the doors leading to rooms used as temporary holding cells for inmate patients. Not seeing them was just a sign that Lex was doing what she thought he would.

She ran through the doors and spotted Lex in the hall ready to enter Lionel’s room. “Lex.” She called to him and he stopped in his tracks.

His arms slumped to his side and he didn’t speak until she was next to him. “I won’t let him ruin my life anymore.” Lex turned toward her slowly and she could see the anger in his eyes.

Reaching to touch his cheek she knew what he came there to do. “You don’t have to do this.” What Lionel said to her about Lex being a scarier monster then him was not true. He could be saved and Lionel was beyond salvation.

His eyes closed as she touched him shortly before he moved her hand away. “He pretended to get close to me Chloe. He used me to get the mind control drug and the 33.1 files. He has been planning this for years.” It had been so long since she saw him like this. The day in caves, he could not be persuaded to listen to her then, but he would have to listen now.

Chloe believed Lionel deserved something extreme but this wasn’t the way. “If anyone knows what he is capable of its me.” Chloe watched him nod in agreement. Then she had to say what they were both thinking. “He deserves everything that’s coming to him, but I can’t let you kill him.”

“I’m fine.” He clenched his hands into a fist looking at the door then back to her.

“No, you’re not Lex.” Chloe replied. “This will change you.”

“I promised you that I wouldn’t let anyone hurt Emma. I should have seen this coming. I got sloppy and let him take my girls.” Lex turned towards the door again.

Chloe knew he was calling them his girls. It was odd to hear because for so long all she wanted was to be Troy’s girl and to raise their little girl together. Things just didn’t work out that way. A second chance was in front of her and Chloe was about to lose.

Before he could open the door, she spoke. “You will lose us.” Lex stopped again turning towards her. “It’s been a long road, but Emma adores you. She loves that you listen to her.”

“I love to hear her talk.” Lex replied and she heard the sincerity in his voice.

“We will be gone if you do this. You won’t hear her again if you do this.” It was a low blow to use her daughter but affective. The more time they all spent together, they were becoming a family unit and it was something Chloe didn’t think she could ever find that again. On the edge of losing it all Chloe struggled with agreeing with Lex. If anyone hurt Emma they should be taken care of.

She could see his mind racing. “We have to do something.” He moved towards her bring her into his arms. “When you were missing I can’t explain how horrendous it felt.”

Pulling away to look at him Chloe had a sudden thought. “I know a way to be rid of him and no one has to die.”

“If you’re going to say a trial then we both know there are ways my father can get around it.” Lionel had weaseled his way out of jail once and he could get out again.

“I was going to say I can take care of it.” His reaction to her words was shocked. Chloe had to wait until he understood what she was saying.

“Your powers?” He said surprised as if he hadn’t thought of it himself.

“I can drain him just enough…”

Before she could go on, he was finishing. “Then he can live out his days in a home of my choosing in a vegetative state.” Lex nodded in agreement.

When Lionel started he wouldn’t stop until he was done. Without another word, they both quietly went into the room. Lionel appeared to be sleeping not concerned about what would happen to him. He was pretending to be injured by Superman so he wouldn’t have to go to jail right away.

Chloe knew what to do and never wanted to hurt anyone this way but Lionel Luthor wasn’t just anyone. She placed her hand firmly on top of Lionel’s then his eyes fluttered opened looking up to Lex.

“Finally come to kill me son.” Lionel spoke with a smile.

“Well that was my initial plan but we…” Lex paused looking at Chloe. He paused to allow her to nod in agreement. “We came here to stop you once and for all and you get to live.” He finished with a slight grin.

“Good bye Mr. Luthor.” Chloe spoke just as she started to use her powers. The feeling of her strength hit Lionel quick and for once he couldn’t respond. The white light blazed in the room taking Lionel’s energy.

The plan seemed so clear in the hall but Chloe didn’t know when she should stop. The feel of Lionel’s pulse under her hand was beating steady then slowed as she did her work. She wasn’t sure when it would be enough until she heard Lex’s voice.

“Chloe stop now.” Pulling the light back she saw Lex trying to focus on the heart monitor in the hazy of the light.

Lex checked his father’s pulse and Lionel was fast asleep. Leaving the room she looked at Lex and breathed out deeply.

Lionel Luthor was gone.

The drive back to the penthouse was smooth but when Chloe entered the penthouse with Lex things were not going so smooth. “I need to check on Emma.” She spoke as she passed by him opening the front door for her.

“Okay.” He nodded and moved into the house seeming out of sorts.

“Do you want to come with me?” She questioned him knowing he was concerned for kitty cat too.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to do that.” He shuffled his feet as if he was going further into the house and stopped short to speak again. “Come to my office when you’re ready.” He moved on with determined steps to get away from her.

He was retreating on her and Chloe had no idea why. After checking on Emma still sound asleep Chloe made her way to the study. Lex was sitting at his desk just staring blankly at the empty computer screen.

“Lex are you having second thoughts about what we did?” Chloe stood in front of him waiting for her to look at her.

“No, I think it was a fine solution to problem I have been dealing with all my life.” He sounded as if he was making a business deal as he went on. “I believe that now we need to proceed in to making some difficult decisions.”

“What difficult decisions?” Chloe could feel her insides tighten as he started to answer.

“I love you.” He started sighing after the words. “But I’m no good for you.”

Before he could say anymore Chloe wanted to toss everything off his desk to the floor but she settled for yelling at him. “You’re not breaking up with me?”

He looked away from her as he spoke. “I don’t want to, but I know it’s for the best.”

Chloe made her way to his side of the desk to grab his arm forcing his eyes back to her. If he was going to do something this drastically stupid after months of convincing her they should be together then he was going to look her in the eye. “How would it be for the best?”

Looking back to her again, Lex answered with steely eyes. “Emma could have been killed because of my father. I won’t put you both in jeopardy when I can do something about it.”

“So dumping us is your solution?” It was the look that gave away he wasn’t being honest. “The reason your father took her was because of my powers. It had nothing to do with you. Tell me the real reason.”

“You always see right through me.” He shook his head in disbelief.

“Your damn right I do. Now tell me why.” Chloe folded her arms in front of her waiting for the truth.

“Chloe I still want to kill him.” He admitted and she could see the shame in his eyes for wanting it so badly. “I can’t subject you or Emma to that kind of thinking.” The truth was clear and he forced himself to say it. “I can’t subject you to my darkness.”

Shaking her head Chloe had already been through this. After years of abuse there was bound to be some damage to Lex. “You don’t have a monopoly on darkness Lex.” Yet he was not the only one with baggage.

“Maybe you need to hear him out.” Clark’s voice sound in the room and Chloe’s anger went off the charts.

“Are listening to our private conversation?” Chloe waited for Clark to tell her that Lex was right.

“I’m sorry, but I think Lex has a point.” Chloe watched them both look at one another and nod.

They were teaming up on her. The thought of it made her want to laugh. After years of avoiding and hating each other for things in the past that could never be changed, they finally found something to agree on.

“Wow, you two are really amazing. You don’t agree on anything, but you agree on this.” She chuckled lightly at the current state of events.

“Chloe it’s for the best.” Lex assured standing up next to her.

She was between Clark nodding in agreement and Lex looking like he might cry. It was the look Lex gave her when he came to New York ten years ago. Wanting so badly to keep her but knowing he had to let her go because it was what she wanted.

Now it wasn’t what she wanted. She had been crying hard over her lose the last two years. Having something new in her life and on the verge of losing it wasn’t going to make Chloe cry anymore. She was going to fight. “Let me just say no one in this room has the right to judge. We have all done things that are beyond wrong.”

“But Chloe…” Clark started and Chloe quickly stopped him.

“Don’t even start with me Clark Kent. You made some major mistakes in Smallville.” Chloe raised her eyebrows at him. Being Superman now didn’t absolve him of his past and she was trying to tell him this without giving the secret away. “Lex we have already been through this. I don’t make any excuses for what you are or what you’re capable of.”

Chloe cursed Clark silently. All this time he had kept his secret from Lex and now when it seemed they needed each other most she couldn’t say a word because of the promise she made a long time ago.

“After everything the three of us have been through we need to…” Chloe paused thinking of just the right way to explain herself. “There is a certain amount of power we all possess so we need to keep each other from going the wrong way.”

Lex reached for her hand squeezing it like it would be the last time. “What are you saying?”

“We all need each other whether we like it or not.” Chloe thought of Emma and the power growing inside of her. It was something she couldn’t handle alone. “When one of us is going the wrong way we can nudge the other in the right direction.”

“What happens when the course is set Chloe and we are too late?” Clark looked at Lex as he spoke.

It was a look telling her Clark already thought Lex was too far gone. After everything that had happened it was time they all forgave each other once and for all.

“I think she is saying it’s never too late to save someone you really love.” Lex spoke and it seemed like he had finally got it.

“You need me. There is no shame in that because I need you too.” Chloe answered and he smiled at her.

Even though Clark was there Chloe reached for Lex. Her lips smoothed over his mouth and Lex was kissing her back instantly. The change in pressure of his mouth moving over hers was welcomed after thinking he was going to toss her away.

“I hope you’re right.” The sound of Clark’s voice was missed by both of them and his swift exit after. They were too busy kissing their relationship back to life.

The penthouse seemed to be a far safer place to Chloe right now then her home. The thought of people going into her apartment uninvited was enough to force her to start looking for a new place to live. There were guards posted all over the perimeter of the penthouse, which made it great for warding off the media.

After years as a journalist Chloe knew what had happened was a hot story. The truth this time may actually be too much for the world to handle. People that could control minds or move objects with just a wave their hand wasn’t something the world was ready to hear. People would spit on Superman if they could even though they knew he had saved so many.

If people knew about her power over life and death she would be locked away and the key tossed while she was tested on. Lex had made quick work of spinning a story the press was using, but there were some holes to poke at.

If this were Chloe’s story she would want to know why Lionel Luthor was stock piling normal everyday citizen. Then why those citizen made no comments to the press about their capture. The questions came easily to her and she knew someone else was just as clever, but Lex was tying off the loose ends as quickly as they came undone. Chloe knew all too well this wasn’t the first mess of his father’s he had to clean up, yet she did hope it would be his last.

If someone with meteor powers resurfaced guards would be easily handled. For the remainder of the week Clark had agreed to check in on them. It wasn’t fair to make him stay there but he would pop his head in from time to time or look out in other Superman stealthy ways.

There were people that needed him more, but for a few days the strongest person in the world was her personal bodyguard. Lex didn’t seem to mind being objected to Clark’s presence and allowed him around the clock access to the penthouse.

In all the excitement Chloe never once stopped to think that Lex knew who Clark really was. It was something they never talked about. Between them there were enough issues without including the truth about Clark. Lex being so at ease with Clark’s presence made her wonder if Lex was allowing it because he knew it was Superman watching over them.

The pressing issue of Clark’s secret would have to be placed on the back burner because Emma wasn’t talking about what happen. It as if she was never taken. The twins must have knocked her out in a way that she never saw them. Chloe couldn’t rely on assumption.

She would have to ask.

Everyone fussed over Emma and Chloe could see her little kitty was uneasy. If they could talk about what happened it would put Emma at easy. Just before reaching the doorway to Emma’s room in the penthouse Chloe paused. “Is everything alright?” Lex’s questioning voice sounded in her ears just behind her in the hall.

She turned to look at him and Lex swiftly moved to take her right hand into his as to reassure her that things would be okay. “Are you sure there has been no change with your father.” For so long Chloe hadn’t thought of Lionel and now he was back haunting her.

“He is just as we left him.” Lex smiled warmly at her. It must have been a very freeing feeling for him to not worry about his father for once in his life.

“I just want to be as honest with her as possible.” Chloe spoke and Lex nodded in agreement.

“I agree, but she is six years old Chloe. How much do you think she can understand?” He replied.

Chloe smiled knowing her kitty cat was wise behind her years, yet she still wanted her to be child for as long as she could without fear. “Emma knows the difference between right and wrong. So we just need to make sure she understands she did nothing wrong.”

Lex nodded squeezing her hand a little tighter. Turning on her heels and pulling him along with her Chloe entered the room with Lex set at her side. “Kitty cat can we talk to you?”

Emma was coloring in a book on the bed. She nodded yes and didn’t look up from trying to keep the red crayon inside the lines of a barn that had a horse colored the same as Emma’s horse April.

They moved into the room taking a seat on either side of the bed. “Can you look up at me?” Chloe watched her shifted up to sit between them followed by a soft smile.

Keeping her out of school the last few days would have to come to an end. Emma must have been bored. “We want to talk about what happened.”

“Okay.” Twirling her hair in her hand Emma looked over to Lex and she leaned against him casually. He half smiled and smooth down the back of her hair. She was so comfortable with and Chloe loved it.

They were sitting on her bed and Chloe reached for her hair to stop the nervous tick her daughter seemed to be developing. “Are you sure you understand everything that happened? If you have anything at all to ask then I want you to ask.”

“I can ask anything?” Emma questioned resting against Lex’s chest.

Lex answered for her. “Anything you want.”

“Is Ms. Gloria ok?” Emma questioned.

“Yes she is fine.” Chloe healed her nanny without her knowing it. After what happened she was sure Gloria would quit and in tears she did. Chloe felt awful but the woman could have been seriously hurt. “But she won’t be taking care of you anymore.”

“Did I do something wrong?” Emma asked looking up to Lex and back to Chloe.

“No.” They both answered.

Chloe reached and lifted Emma’s chin up to look at her. “She didn’t want to go but it was what she thought was best for her and she wished things could have been different.”

“I was home with Ms. Gloria and then I fell asleep. I don’t understand why she is gone.” Emma frowned a little. Chloe knew she would miss her nanny but she couldn’t force her to stay.

“You know those bad men that took you?” She wanted for her daughter to nod before going on. “She got scared of that happening again.”

“Will it?” Emma’s green eyes shifted between Chloe and Lex waiting for an answer.

“No.” They answered together again. “Those bad men won’t be coming back.” Lex finished.

“Then can we tell her that so she will come back?” Emma’s innocence about this was breaking Chloe’s heart. When she looked up to Lex she could see it was breaking his too.

“I wish it were that easy kitty cat.” Chloe replied solemnly.

Emma reached for Chloe’s hand as she spoke. “That makes me sad.” Her little girl replied.

“Me too.” Chloe answered squeezing her hand. “Is there anything else you want to talk about?”

“That is all. You said that we are safe now and we are going to move to make sure.” Emma seemed settled with the things Chloe had already gone over with her.

“Well if anything comes up you can ask me.” Chloe told spoke bringing the hand she was holding up to give it a kiss.

“You can ask me too.” Lex answered then kissed the top of her head.

Looking at Lex Chloe felt relieved that things would be okay. “You want to finish your picture?”

“Can I ask one more question?” Emma said shyly. Chloe nodded and waited for her to go on. “If we have to move can we live in Lex’s castle?”

“You mean the manor?” Chloe questioned.

Emma nodded swiftly.

Chloe looked up at Lex half smiling at the thought of them living with him. “I can’t live in Smallville and Lex doesn’t live there either. We both work here in the city.”

“Then can we stay in this place?” Emma smiled widely.

Chloe wasn’t smiling back but when she look up at Lex he was grinning from ear to ear about the idea. “Emma I think it may be too soon for us to all stay in the same place.”

“Why? You don’t like it here?” With questioning green eyes Emma waited for Chloe’s reason.

“I like you both here with me.” Lex answered first but stopped when he saw Chloe shaking her head in his direction. If he said too much she may never be able to sway Emma.

“Kitty cat that is something I have to think about with Lex.”

“Mommy you should think about this place.” She said moving to give Chloe a kiss on the cheek then one to Lex. “I’m going to finish my picture.”

Emma moved back in to place over her coloring book to get to work. That was end of it so Chloe moved to leave with Lex following after her.

“She doesn’t remember being taken.” Lex spoke once they were clear of the room.

Chloe sighed as she sat down on the sofa in the living room. It was great she didn’t remember anything. She didn’t have to explain her powers to Emma just yet. They could go on with their lives putting this in the background.

Lex moved from the bar handing Chloe a glass of water. “So what do think about Emma’s idea?”

Before she could take a sip from the glass she looked to Lex sitting next to her. She could see the wheels turning in his head about all of them living together. Chloe had given it little thought. She wanted to move but moving in with Lex wasn’t on her mind.

“I haven’t really thought about it.” She answered sipping from her glass.

“Well think about it.” Lex said drinking from his own glass of water.

“Are you serious?” Chloe’s right eyebrow rose wondering what he was thinking. “You wanted to break up with me a few days ago.”

“Well that was idiotic.” Lex admitted with a grin. “I would have been chasing you down if you hadn’t talked me down off the ledge.”

“Things are going so well and you want to add more pressure.” Chloe wasn’t smiling like he was. The break up threat scared her.

“I just want you to consider it.” He placed his glass down on the coffee table in front of them. “We could redo some of the rooms to suit Emma’s needs. You would be safer here. I love you both and it would be wonderful if we could all live together.”

His list was tempting. They pretty much lived together now. Yet Chloe was going to think this through. She couldn’t just say yes without weighing the options. “I don’t know Lex. It’s…”

“Don’t answer yet.” Before she could go on Lex was interrupting her. He reached for her quickly pressing his lips to her and moving his hand into her hair.

He had been in China then when he returned she and Emma were gone. The last few days they were reconnecting like now. Yet Chloe wasn’t going to be tricked by his soft lips and skilled tongue. When they parted she noticed her legs were placed a crossed Lex’s lap and her back was being angled to lie back on the couch.

“How did we get like this?” She asked.

“We always end up like this.” Lex smiled as he reached to kiss her again but Chloe stopped him this time.

“Let’s do a trial run and I will answer after Emma’s birthday.” Chloe kissed him before he could protest.

She did feel safer there and missed Lex since he had been gone but she needed to think about it. It was a week and half till Emma’s seventh birthday. This let Chloe feel like she had some kind of normalcy and make a choice not clouded by recent events. There was no telling where things would if they all lived to together.

TBC

Chapter 20 Only the beginning (Lex POV)

Notes: One last chapter to this.
    Last edited by letia84; 24th October 2011 at 15:10.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 19 09/05/2011

Yeah you updated and it was good. I am glad they are both safe from that monster finally. Chloe is kidding her self thinking she won't be living with Lex. You are so going to say yes.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Looking forward to the last chapter

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by truenesfaratu View Post
    Looking forward to the last chapter
    So am I. I hope you'll find the time to update this one when you get the chance, Letia.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

NS Full Member

can't wait for next chapter.chloe should just say yes.i get after what happen she wants to think about it.but she knows deep down she is going to say yes.

NS Full Member

Oh, what a great story! It's such a shame that it's unfinished while it was close to be complete. Is it me or there are parts missing, parts 10 or 11? I couldn't find the part at the fundraiser, where Lex and Chloe meet Lex's ex-wife and Oliver Queen?

NS Full Member

I love this story but I can't seems to get past #17. I would love to read the last chapter to the story.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 17 8/1/2020

This crazy year leads to finishing fics.

Chapter 20 Only the beginning (Lex POV)

“Is this really what you want Chloe?” Clark's Voice carried down the hall in Lex’s penthouse.

Lex had left them alone for a moment to check in with the moving staff and give them a tip for a job well done. As soon as he was away Clark started in trying to make Chloe doubt him. The boy had super hearing he had to know how close Lex was to hearing everything he was about to say. Yet Clark was going to say it anyway.

When she agreed to move in it was a joyous moment. At the end of that week they had planned a house warming. Clark just had to put a damper on Lex’s happiness.

“What are you saying?” Chloe’s questioning voice was followed by a hard stare at her friend.

She was upset. It warmed Lex’s heart that she was certain about him at last. Peeking around the corner he watched Clark try to tell her not be with him.

“What happened with Lionel should tell you all you need to know. What would have happened to him if you weren’t there?” He paused and looked away like he didn’t want to say more.

Clark’s trust in him had been lost for so long that Lex knew he may never get it back. It didn’t matter what Chloe said about the three of them watching out for each other.

The boy wonder had made up his mind year's ago that Lex Luthor was a villain.

Chloe reached out to touch his shoulder making Clark turn to her. “Clark I trust you. I trust your judgment. Whenever I have been in trouble you have been there for me and for my daughter. When it comes to Lex you don’t see him clearly. I think it’s time you trust my judgment.”

“But...” Clark started and Chloe quickly stopped him.

“There are no buts. Imagine how Lex’s life has been. He was raised by a man that treated him like he was already a monster because of something he didn’t do. He martyred himself for his mother and paid for it every day. I already know there is darkness in him. There is a little bit in all of us.”

“I would never do anything like that.”

“Please Clark I remember the red kryptonite that you dosed yourself with on purpose.” She tilted her head slightly waiting for him to nod in shame. The reference was lost on him, but Lex was happy to hear her defending him.

“I know you’re a good person. You do things no one can but you do those things to help people.” She gripped his hand and the sight of it made Lex want to make his presence known but he had to hear what she was going to say. “Imagine if Lionel Luthor was your father. If he was as cold and uncaring about everything in your life. If he raised you Clark do really think you would be using your gifts to help people?”

Clark shook his head knowingly. “No, that man is the real monster in all this.”

“There is good in him Clark. It’s why I love him. It’s why Emma loves him. No matter how cruel a life Lex has had he has tried to do the right thing. I admit it doesn’t always come easy for him, but he’s just like you. I think it's why you were friends in the first place.”

“I trust you Chloe, I do.”

“Then trust me now. Emma and I are safe here.”

“Okay.” He nodded and hugged Chloe in his oversized arms and to get him to let go Lex made himself known.

“Looks like everything is in.” Lex spoke loud and clear.

“I guess I’ll leave you to the rest of the unpacking then.” Clark spoke in Lex’s direction and gave him a weary smile. “I should go say goodbye to Emma.”

“She is in her new room.” Chloe spoke as if the conversation wasn’t so heavy a moment ago.

Clark’s presence wasn’t necessary. The movers had done a fine job getting Chloe and Emma all moved into the penthouse, but Clark was there at six in the morning claiming he was there to help.

He was there to spy.

They were his girls. Whatever they needed Lex knew he could take care of it. “Do you need anything?

The last few weeks had moved Lex’s fears aside. They were making a home together. His father was finally gone. There was nothing more he could ask for.

She answered with a kiss wrapping her arms around him making sure he felt every inch of her. As they parted she smiled up to him. “You can ask for a kiss if you want one.”

He couldn’t help, but smile back. It was exactly what he was looking for.

“I need help.” Emma sounded from behind them.

“I can help you.” Lex moved towards her and he took hold of her hand.

“I really like my room.” Emma started to talk and they were off.

Chloe didn’t have to say anything. She trusted him with Emma at last. He also trusted himself with her. It was the easiest relationship he ever had. There were no mixed signals. When she became a teenager Lex would worry then.

Chloe was right about his father. If he was raised like Emma to express how she felt so freely then maybe he’d be a better person. Much of his life was a complicated chess match he always lost.

At the moment he was finally winning.

<****>

The day progressed into night rather quickly. After taking care of a few things in the office Lex appeared in the master bedroom. Chloe was sitting on the bed with an open box in front of her. She let out a harsh sigh before speaking.

“I don’t want to look at any more boxes.” She huffed falling back onto the bed

Moving into the room Lex made his way next to her. “I told you to stop two hours ago.”

Her head leaned up to look at him and the exhaustion was clear on her face. “You were right.”

“I’m right?” Lex questioned.

She rolled her eyes at him. “Yes. It may never happen again so enjoy it.”

For a few moments Lex did as she said and enjoyed his rightness. “Well Emma is sound asleep.”

“Really?” She questioned as if it was a joke.

The little kitty cat had been buzzing around them all day. The move was exciting for her. Alone in their bed room Lex was going to try to make the night a celebration.

“Really.” He answered smoothing his hand over her midsection. She breathed out steady with a moan.

Relaxed at long last.

Lex pulled up the bottom of her tattered t-shirt to run his finger over her skin. “I could run you a bath.” She sighed at his words. “Give you a massage.” Another sigh escaped her lips. “Also add a glass of wine.”

“You had me in the bath.” Chloe answered leaning up to catch his lips in a kiss. “Call me in when it’s ready.” She answered laying back down on the bed. “I’ll be here.”

With everything in place Lex settled into the soothing warm water. Lex called out to her to join him. The wine was next to him as promised. His back was against one side of the tub so when she entered she could see him.

Seeing him made her strip immediately. Chloe got in gently trying not to splash water everywhere and placed her back against him.

“Ahh…” she moaned, settling down in the aromatherapy laced water.

His hands started to work on her shoulders gently rubbing them. “Better?”

“Much, much, better.” Her answer came with her nuzzling him with the back of her head.

Lex kept his work going moving in front of her with both hands under her breasts. His hands curved under them then his fingers caressed the flesh softly.

“Lex?” She questioned.

He didn’t stop caressing her. “It’s part of the massage.” Lex whispered in her ear.

“If you say so.” She closed her eyes squirming against him.

Underwater Chloe felt amazing. He had made a stiff peak of each nipple running his finger over them gently. Her neck titled up to him allowing him to take her mouth. As they kissed Lex let a hand leave her breast to move down to even more sensitive flesh.

Lex let his fingers make tight circles around her clit. The feeling made her let go of the kiss. “Why didn’t you tell me to stop packing hours ago.” Her words were cut short when he let a finger slide inside her.

“Like you would I’ve listened.” He spoke, joining the finger with another.

The sound of her moans grew as he teased her under the water. He could tell she was holding back. Her eyes were shut tight and her lip would bleed if she kept biting down on it.

“The walls are solid. You can be as loud as you like.” They had talked about this already. When she didn’t respond Lex started to quicken his pace.

The change got her attention. “Yes Lex. Faster.”

He met her demand and the water started to move above as he worked below. “So good.” She shifted her body then reached behind her.

Lex could feel her searching for his member. “Not yet.” He pulled her back against him then let his lips touch the soft skin of her neck. Chloe was undone by then and she reached down to grab his hand stopping him as her body rode out her release.

“Your turn now.” Chloe replied leaving the tub. She posed herself at the double marble sinks, putting her butt in full view for him.

Her nakedness had him hard before she got in the tub. It was quite painful to wait, but it wouldn’t be long now.

Soaking wet Lex smoothed his hands down her back looking at her in the mirror. “Still feeling tired?” He questioned taking hold of her hips.

She smiled at his reflection in the mirror. “You seemed to have brought me back to life.” The soft flesh of her ass pressed back into him.

It wasn’t like him to stall. Yet for a moment he wanted to enjoy watching her in the mirror.

Chloe told Clark she was happy. She and her daughter were safe with him. His father could have ruined all this, but somehow they made it through. His girls were home where they were meant to be since letting down his hard shell.

Rubbing herself against him she was driving him wild. It was past time to get inside her. When he finally stopped her movements it was to lower her down. Suddenly her wetness was wrapped around his fingers again.

Her mouth opened wide as he explored her. “Lex please.”

The plea made him pull his fingers away then he took hold of himself. In one swift motion he was lifting her to him as he plunged inside her. An inarticulate fuck escaped his lips as he started to thrust foward.

Their slick bodies moved together as best they could. Lex let his head fall back and his eyes closed overwhelmed by her like always.

“No, look in the mirror.” Chloe called out to him.

He did as he was told looking at the erotic scene they had created. Her moans were louder than in the bath. Her eyes were wide and nostrils flared. Her hands tried to brace something as he drove into her. She looked hot driven to this point by him. Under his roof at last Lex never thought this day would come.

The sight of her meant he wouldn’t last much longer. To make sure she climaxed with him Lex curved his arm around her. His fingers exploded until he found what he was looking for.

“Yesss...” She hissed driving her whole body back into each of thrust. “So close.”

Her words made him caress her faster hoping to climax together. Lex could feel his orgasm coming any moment, but it was Chloe went first screaming out. The slick walls around his cock tightened and it was his undoing as he released himself.

His tight hold of her was lost in that moment and he was slipping down taking Chloe with him. They fell back on the warmed tile floor shrieking at the sudden shift. Lex tried to hold on to her breaking her fall with his body. They both started to laugh at the current state they were in. Maybe drying off a little before going at it was a better idea.

“Are you okay?” He questioned her, still chuckling.

“Embarrassed, but okay.” She answered, turning to hide her face in his neck.

Nudging her up to look at him he found her flushed faced. “Nothing to be embarrassed about. I’m down here with you.”

They were both damp and naked on the bathroom floor. There was nothing to be embarrassed about. They were both overwhelmed by each other and checking their footing wasn’t as important as being together.

A smile flashed across her face as she moved in on him. A gentle kiss followed until she released him with a soft hum. “Are you glad I’m here?”

“Of course.” He answered not really understanding where the question came from.

“Good because I’m not repacking those boxes.” Chole answered with a smile and relief washed over them.

Sharing another laugh Lex let the idea that she was settled in wash over him. The waiting was over and his girls were home. Instead of keeping the thought to himself he said aloud what he was thinking.“This is our home.”

“Our home.” She repeated after him. “Then let’s take this show to our bedroom.”

Her feelings returned was all Lex wanted for so long and there didn’t seem to be anything else Chloe could give him until she had one more surprise for him.

<****>

Christmas Eve

The first Christmas Lex had in the manor with Chloe’s family was complicated. Everyone was judging him. No one thanked him. The only person tolerating him was the saint Martha Kent and his little obsession Emma.

This year may be no different. Lois avoided him as much as she could. Yet there was a moment she thanked him for hosting. Lois wasn’t a bad person. Loud and pushy, but someone his girls loved dearly. It was nice to see a glimmer of hope they could get along.

All had settled in after dinner to trim the tree. This year's pick was perfectly selected by Emma. Lex had taught her how to spot the right one. Chloe was amazed at how well she listened in the tree lot.

Taking a glass of wine Lex stood surveying the work. When Emma spotted him in the room she left her grandfather's side to approach him.

Emma squeezed Lex’s hand while he sipped spiced wine. He leaned down to let her whisper in his ear. “Can we tell them?” She asked for the hundredth time.

“That’s up to your mother.” He gave the same answer as time ninety-nine wanting to say something just as much as Emma.

“Mom.” Emma called out, making her approach on Chloe. “Can we tell them yet?”

“Tell us what?” Lois chimed in.

Chloe froze in place after hanging Emma’s contributions to this year's tree. The painted wooden star covered in glitter caught the light and shined on Chloe’s face for a moment.

“Is everything alright?” Gabe spoke next looking concerned that there was an announcement.

The moment seemed fine to him to tell them all what he wanted to shout from the rooftops for weeks. When they told Emma she was confused. It took some explaining, but once she understood the excitement came.

All these year's Lex never thought he’d have this moment, yet here it was.

Watching closely Chloe looked to him for confirmation that it was okay with him. He’d wanted to tell them when they arrived with a cheesy room full of pink and blue balloons. Chloe assured him a gender reveal party would allow him to be as cheesy as he liked.

Instead of answering from a far Lex placed his glass down to move next to his girls at the tree. He smoothed his hand over her belly then whispered in her ear. “Whenever you're ready.”

She kissed his cheek and turned Emma around to face their audience. Clark and Lois were sitting on the love seat staring them down. Gabe put down the box of ornaments in his hands also looking at them.

Martha Kent appeared from the kitchen. “What’s going on?” Martha questioned the room at the entrance.

“Well Mrs. Kent…” Chloe started. Then she reached to squeeze Lex’s hand. “We are…”

Before Chloe could go on Emma rang out. “Mommy’s got my sister inside her.”

The gasps filled the room and then cheers. Lex was relieved they were happy. In that room there was no telling where it could go.

His own reaction was that of disbelief. Chloe seemed worried he’d be upset, but he was thrilled. A short while ago he thought he had lost his girls. Now he was starting a new chapter with them and someone new.

Emma saying a sister was very telling. Lex hadn’t given much thought to a boy or a girl. Whoever their child was he would love and care for. Emma was seven and he had missed the beginning. This time he could experience it all.

The first to speak was Gabe. “Well I hope you plan on marrying my daughter and not just knocking her up.”

“Dad!” Chloe shouted ready to lay into him before Lex stopped her.

“It’s alright Chloe.” He curved his hand around hers while kneeling slowly down on one knee.

He watched her eyes widen watching him take position. “Emma and I talked about this. She said if I wanted to ask you I had to do it right. She said I had to get on my knee and say two things.” Lex used his free hand to retrieve the ring box from his pocket.

“A little help.” He turned to face Emma beaming with a grin.

“Ohhhh.” Emma squealed, taking the box from him to take out the ring. “This is good.”

“I hope your mom agrees.” He answered by taking the ring to present to Chole. After she moved in her purchased the ring. He talked to him about what she thought. Once he had her approval there was just picking the right time. The time never came until a few weeks ago Chloe announced she was pregnant.

“Emma said I had to say two things. The first thing I needed to do was say I love you.” Lex met Chloe's eyes still a bit in shock. “I love you Chloe. It’s love that grows each day I share my life with you.”

“I love you too.” Chloe answered showing signs that the moment was getting to her with a sniffle.

“Next Emma said to promise to be nice to you always so I promise for as long I live I will strive to be kind to you, your daughter, and our child.” For a moment Lex turned and winked at Emma who winked back with approval.

When he met Chloe's eyes a steady stream of tears were flowing down her cheeks. “Will you marry me?”

“Yes.” She answered quietly, holding out her hand to take the ring. Sliding it on quickly she pulled him up to kiss him.

When their lips parted everyone was staring. Martha was crying, rushing at them with open arms. The gesture was followed by more hugs for Emma and the bride to be.

“I hope you meant what you just said. ”Clark said to him while everyone’s attention was on the ring and the baby to come.

“Every word.” Lex answered. Brushing Clark aside, he looked to Emma. “Ready to dance.”

“Ready!” She answered rushing towards him.

Whatever came next this moment was the start of a happy life Lex had long for. This was just the beginning.

The end or The beginning...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information