+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Crawling Back (NC-17) Chapter 20 08/01/2020

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 2 4/23/07

Great great story ..
    I love all your story's, i whas reading them on you site !
    your an amazing writer !
    keep up the good work ..

thnx for sharing your gift!
    much love,
    Stephanie

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 2 4/23/07

i totally need an update to this...its so well written

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Crawling Back (R) Chapter 3 5/12/07

Notes: Thank you to everyone for the comments. I hope this chapter answers some of your questions. Flashbacks in italics.

Chapter 3 Reunion (Chloe POV)

New York, Nine Years Ago

Chloe breathed in taking her time to do what need to be done. When she heard the knock at the door she had a fleeting moment of excitement that it was her neighbor coming over to distract her from her British Lit course.

When she looked through the peephole her excitement was quickly diminished. The person on the other side of the door she hadn’t expected to lay eyes on after a year of being away from him. A long year away from him and she thought he would stay away.

Taking in another deep breath Chloe could have walked away from the door and acted as if she wasn’t there but she made the mistake of announcing her presence once she heard the knock.

While she tried to get control of herself there was a second knock at the door. Looking though the peephole again Lex’s face was still there. It was somewhat distorted in the peephole but his expression was clear. He was frowning, waiting for her to open the door and let him in.

Why Lex Luthor was at her door made no sense. When she left he’d call and when she didn’t answer he’d email but when she still didn’t respond he would write letters to her home in Smallville. Those letters she told her father to dispose of.

To anyone else it would sound like Chloe was being too hard on someone that she was supposed to be in love with but she had to do this cold turkey if it was going to work. Seeing Lex, hearing from him could change her mind and she didn’t want to change her mind.

Chloe left Smalliville afraid of Lex after what she saw but the way he looked through the peephole all those fears seemed to wash away in his sad expression. Chloe just wanted to make this easier for both of them.

“Chloe please.” The sound of his voice was muffled by the door but she could hear the desperation. It was the same sound he made when she said she was leaving.

Taking in another breath Chloe would have to open the door or he would most likely never go away. She slowly undid the two locks securing the door then her hand rested on the door knob. The feel of her sweaty palm on the metal knob was all Chloe could think of and she couldn’t turn it.

“Please, Chloe.” His muffled voice sounded again and this time Chloe could feel her body heaving, forcing back her emotions; forcing back the tears.

Like ripping off a band aid she steadied herself and let the door fly open. “What are you doing here?”

Lex didn’t answer her right away. His eyes seem to glaze over and he took the time to look at her. Chloe new she looked a mess at the moment in her cotton pajama bottoms and oversized sweatshirt but Lex didn’t seem to mind. He was drinking in every bit of her.

She wasn’t any better looking him up and down searching for any signs of change but there were none. Lex was who he always was. His bald head looked well taken care of. His hands were hanging to his sides and his slender fingers slowly curled into a fist. He was dressed in a dark suit without a tie that looked perfectly tailored. But one thing about him was off and Chloe saw it when her eyes settled on his.

Lex looked tired; exhausted to the point of falling over.

“Can I come in?” He finally spoke motioning his hand inside the room.

“Why?” Chloe jumped right into it. He had no right to be there; no reason to be there. It had been a year he should be moving on not stopping by.

“I need to talk.” He looked around as if someone was watching then, he leaned in taking one step closer to her. “I need to talk to you.” He was pleading with her and Chloe should be turned off by it.

She should tell him no and close the door in his face but she stepped aside and let him in.

“Thank you.” He answered relieved.

Chloe closed the door behind her locking it back then turning to find Lex was right on top of her. He was close; too close. His head was leaning towards her and his body was pressing her against the door.

There was no stopping him because he was moving so quickly but Lex’s lips were so close to her own. Before he could get any closer her hands went to his chest and she nudged him away.

With some effort she wiggled away from being between him and the door. From being trapped “What do you want?” She repeated her question from before hoping to have an answer this time.

When she turned to look at him he looked defeated after being rejected. Chloe wasn’t about to kiss him and let him back in when she tried so hard to get him out.

“I miss you.” He started then paused moving in closer to her again. “I miss you and I can’t do what you want me to do.”

Chloe didn’t want to hear this because she was certain everything he was feeling she was feeling too. But none of it mattered, Lex wasn’t who she thought he was and he would never be. “That doesn’t matter. It’s not about what you want.”

“You need me.” He spoke sternly his hands fisted at his sides keeping him from getting closer.

Chloe backed away a little moving down the edge of her twin bed putting some distance between them. “No I don’t. Not anymore. I left for a reason.”

He let out a frustrated sigh at the thought of her reason for leaving. “I know but you don’t have to be afraid. I did what I did to save people.”

“No you didn’t!” Chloe didn’t know why or how but a year of being away and they were about to have the same fight all over again. “Lex you went too far. You can’t do things like that to people no matter what purpose you think they can serve.”

“This is not about the project. This is about us and I need us to be back together.” Lex was starting to look flushed and she could tell he was holding back.

If she wanted him gone, if she wanted to move on she would have to make it clear. “Lex you killed those people. You killed them because you deemed them a threat. It wasn’t their fault they were infected by the meteors.”

Before she could go on he was interrupting her. “They were dangerous. They killed members of my staff and I had to eliminate them.”

“Eliminate them?” Chloe let the words sink in. “You talk about them as if they weren’t even human. You talk about them like they are just another Luthor Corp science project.”

“If I didn’t capture them they would have caused more damage than the meteor showers. You know how dangerous the infected can be. I told you containing and studying them was a way to help them.” He was starting to move closer and his voice hitched louder as he spoke.

“Not every infected person is like that Lex. You want to make it seem like you were helping them but you weren’t. I saw the files; you were using them for your own personal gain.”

“This is about Clark.” Lex went to a place Chloe knew he’d resort to. When things seemed down Clark was the easy out. “You saw the files I had on him and you thought I would let my people capture him. I would never do that to Clark. He’s your friend and, at one time, he was mine.”

“I’m not going to do this with you.” Chloe backed off for a second trying to breathe. She was heaving and her sweatshirt was doing nothing to cool her down. “We have talked about this before. My leaving had nothing to do with Clark. It had everything to do with you. I couldn’t stay anymore.”

“Chloe don’t do this to us; to me.” He moved closer but stopped short when he saw her start to back off. “I’m not doing the project anymore. I let the subjects go except the most dangerous that showed violent tendencies.”

“It doesn’t matter Lex.” Chloe couldn’t’ stop herself from doing it but her eyes were welling up. The tears started slowly but hit a steady beat on her next words. “Loving you means loving all of you and I can’t love a person that orders the death of innocent people.”

“I keep telling you I was left with no other choice.” This time he didn’t stop no matter what Chloe did. He rushed at her full force until his hands were closed around her arms. “Look at me and tell me you honestly think I would kill someone for sport like my father. Look at me and tell me you don’t think the project wasn’t necessary in the first place. Look at me and tell me knowing what you do doesn’t make you miss me any less.”

He was shaking the words out of her but Chloe couldn’t break. He was right she saw why he would want to study meteor infected people. Some of them could terrorize millions but others could help them. Lex hadn’t discriminated between that before but now he was. When he killed the people she spoke of he kept telling her it was his last choice.

Chloe could see for so long how different Lex was from Lionel. After a year and half of seriously being with him she could see he wasn’t like him until she stumbled upon 33.1. The project imprisoned people and forced experimentation on them.

When Chloe saw the files she had to ask herself could she be with someone that could do the things Lex had done and was doing. The answer was no.

Listening to him tell her he had changed, that things weren’t the same she wanted to believe him but her fears took over just like before. “I can’t.” Chloe managed between sobs once Lex was done talking.

His left hand moved to her cheek and his fingers creased the flesh of her skin brushing away her tears. “Yes you can. You don’t have to be afraid of me.”

This reunion was at its end. Chloe looked at him; he was trying too hard to keep it together to make her see that it was all okay. It wasn’t okay the past year but somehow Chloe had gotten there. She moved on to a point where she didn’t dream about him or long for him.

Her hand closed on top of his covering her skin. His flesh was warm and inviting but this had to stop. Looking up at him Chloe tried to pull away but he wouldn’t let her.

“Can’t you see?” He started pulling her closer to him and with his other hand he locked her body in place wrapped around her waist.

“Can’t you see I love you? That whatever fears you have hold no weight because I’m not that person. I’ll never be him.”

“I know you believe that.” Chloe choked back her need to cry anymore. She was wrapped up in Lex’s body and it felt good. He was steady, warm and she felt safe but the feeling was fleeting. “But I can’t take that chance if it’s not true.”

This time he pulled away. Chloe had done the best she could deflecting all his charms and tricks. But Lex still had something left.

He looked down at his feet then towards her. She watched him swallow hard then he was lunging at her. His mouth hit her own hard and his arms flew around her pulling her flush against him.

If her head wasn’t so lost Chloe could have stopped sooner but it all felt so natural. His body, his lips and his tongue making its way into her mouth felt so good. Her body betrayed her as she relaxed in his arms then let her hands find purchase on his body. They betrayed her further by traveling up the toned build of his chest to move around his neck pulling him closer to her.

His skilled tongue hadn’t lost its ability to bring her to moaning helplessly in his mouth. She heard the low grumble in his throat at the sound of her letting go in his arms like so many times before.

Somehow, Lex shifted their bodies and Chloe could feel her legs press against the edge of the bed. They were clawing at her each other now as the kiss deepened until it was broken when Chloe did as Lex urged her to and they parted long enough for her to sit on the bed.

Before he could claim her mouth again Chloe was struck back to reality. Lex had succeeded and shown her how much she still desired him. He knew if she let him back into her bed that he was still in her heart and there was a way for him to crawl back in.

It wouldn’t work because she wouldn’t let it happen. Chloe jumped to her feet and nudged Lex back. “I want you to leave. I won’t do this with you. I left for the reason and I’m sorry but my mind hasn’t changed no matter what you say right or how you kiss me.”

“You can’t be serious. I could feel how much you wanted me just now.” Lex tried to move in again but Chloe was ready for him and swung around his body to move for the door.

“Lex I’m sorry.” She opened the door quickly knowing he wouldn’t make a scene if others could potentially see.

He moved towards her slowly prolonging his stay but he knew just as well as she did what was coming. Lex would leave and Chloe would do her best to repair the damage from this encounter.

Before he moved down the hall and out of her life he said one last thing that stayed with her. After she got married then had her child and even when she lost her husband Lex’s words that day stayed with her.

What Lex said before he left her stayed with her for nine years until they saw each other again.

-------------}{------------

Metropolis Present

“You can do this, everything will be fine.” Chloe kept repeating this to herself as she made her way down the sidewalk towards the Royal Suites Inn. “Everything was fine on the phone and everything will be fine when you see him.” She glanced around her making sure no one was staring at her mouthing things to herself. Of course people were looking but they were no concern of hers.

When she sent Lex the letter it was easy. There was no contact and she could be as opened or as closed off as she needed to be. On the phone it was still easy. They spoke as if nothing had happened between them. As if his attempt to win her back didn’t matter nine years ago.

So many things faded away from that day. Chloe thought she was over him but walking to be reunited with Lex made her nervous. She was so nervous that she was talking to herself until she reached the hotel doors.

Under her breath she cursed herself for picking a hotel. It seemed the most neutral place at the time but now she thought she was sending mixed messages. Lex could think she wanted more than just to talk. It was irrational to think he would want her after all this time but Chloe still thought it.

She shook her head and shook off the thought. There had been no man in her bed since her husband passed two years ago and there wasn’t going to be a change in that, at least not on that day and not with Lex Luthor any day.

Brushing off her the feelings Chloe pushed through the doors of the hotel moving into the lobby. Her eyes scanned the place looking for any sign of Lex. She spotted him easily since his bald head made him stand out from the rest of the hotel guest with his back turned to her.

Once he turned around her steady pace towards him slowed. He stared at her; he looked fine one moment but the next his control seemed to crumble at his feet. His eyes glazed over and his palms closed into a fist.

It was a comfort to see Lex was just as nervous as she was about all of this. For some reason Chloe’s paced slowed even more as she adjusted herself. She was in her suit that she dressed in for the office and her hair was all pinned up. Her blonde locks had grown over the years and the length was longer than Lex had ever seen.

Of all her fears about Lex, Chloe didn’t know if one of them ever progressed to the point she feared until Mr. Walker handed her the envelope. She didn’t know if those things were true but she would find out shortly.

It was hard enough asking him for help with her job but Chloe need it. Lex could make it clear that her personal life wouldn’t be a part of her work life. Yet the files in her leather bag made her wonder if she should have been so casual about meeting Lex again.

She was a mother now and Chloe couldn’t go running around doing things that could put her at risk and leave her kitty cat without anyone.

As she closed in on him she gave him a slight grin and tried to keep her composure. “Hello.” She forced out the greeting after being in front of him a few moments.

Lex swallowed hard; his mouth opened but nothing came out. She watched him try again this time managing to speak. “Shall we move into the room?” Without saying hello or waiting for an answer Lex started walking away.

It appeared he was treating this like a business deal and that’s what it was. It was what it had to be since there was nothing between them anymore. Chloe moved on and had a life she was happy in. She wasn’t sure if Lex had done the same but she was sure he wasn’t pinning for her after all these years.

Her hands fixed around her leather case as they entered the room Lex had set aside for them on the same floor as the lobby. In the over sized room she looked to her left to find a TV inside and armoire then in the center of the room was a conference table and to her right was a table set up with coffee and some kind of snacks.

“Did you order that?” Chloe looked behind as Lex closed.

“I didn’t know if you had eaten or not. It’s just a little snack after lunch.” He didn’t look at her as he spoke but simply moved around her to the other side of the conference table to take a seat. “Have something if you want but we should get started I have another meeting after this.”

He was acting strange and he had every right to be. This was awkward; he was being so cold when he was so warm on the phone. Chloe had to stop over analyzing him. This could be who Lex was now and on the phone she didn’t pick up on it.

“Let me grab some coffee.” It was a weakness and a comfort that there was coffee. It gave Chloe a chance to get it together before getting to the article.

She placed her bag on the table across from Lex and went for the coffee. After filling one of the white cups provided Chloe grabbed a matching white saucer. With her cup of coffee in hand Lex started things off as she took her seat. “How can I help you?"

Before speaking she took a sip of her coffee and noted the flavor instantly. "French Roast?" She questioned returning the cup to the saucer.

"I know how much you like it but then again things could have changed." His eyes lowered as if he was saddened by the thought of not knowing her anymore.

"Thanks, I still like it very much." After nine years he was still doing little things that he knew she would like.

"Good." He paused for a moment shaking off the silent moment and got back to business. "Let's start with the blackmail."

"Right." Chloe nodded once then went on with her plans. "I want Mr. Walker to know that he can’t use me and I think the best way would be to bring a lawyer into it. I know it’s asking a lot but I wouldn’t know who to hire.”

“You need me to send someone over to see him” Lex caught on quickly and Chloe knew she wouldn’t have to say much for him to understand what she needed to be done.

“If you could send someone to see him that would be perfect. I don’t want them to be directly connected to you and have Mr. Walker track the lawyer back to you. He’s in breach of the contract I signed. I could point this out to him but I think a lawyer will let him know I mean business.”

“I can have someone in his office tomorrow morning.”

Chloe nodded and gave him a slightest smile. “Thank you.” She loved it when a plan came together and couldn’t help but be happy about it.

“You’re welcome. So let’s move on with the interview.” He was fixed in his seat for the moment, looking at anything but her.

The first part was easy but what she had to do now wouldn’t be easy at all. “When the story was turned over to me I was given a file. The new energy source that you have created will be beneficial to so many people. I can’t believe you’ve found a way to use the meteor rocks. I’m sure the US government is more than happy to be working with you on using it to create new weapons.”

Lex nodded once and thought he saw right through her. “My people wrote up the press releases that you’re talking about. It should be more than enough for you to write the piece and to get all the facts you need about the new source of energy. I wanted to meet with you to personalize the piece and address questions just like the one you brought up. It is very true Luthor Corp has been commissioned by the government to harness the energy for a weapon.”

“I got all that but I’m not concerned with the weapons. There was something else in the file.” Taking in a deep breath Chloe went for her leather bag and pulled out the envelope she was given by Mr. Walker. She didn’t want to do this but her curiosity was getting the best of her.

Lex watched and waited as she pulled out two sheets of paper. Each piece had a picture of a man on it. One at a time Chloe laid the images in front of Lex. “This is Dr. Andrew Wolenski and Dr. Marcus Halloway. I think you know them both since their last place of employment was with you at Luthor Corp. Dr. Wolenski has a PhD in electrical engineering and Dr…”

Before she could go on, Lex was interrupting her and didn’t seem too pleased with what she was about to imply. “…Halloway has a Ph D in molecular biology. I know the men. Just go ahead and ask the question Chloe. Did these men die working for me?”

She’d only seen Lex truly upset once in her life during the second meteor shower. At that moment he seemed to be reaching that point as he stared at her.

“I wouldn’t be asking if I didn’t find what I did Lex. They both moved to Metropolis to work specifically on this energy project and they both suddenly disappear then are found dead. The last place they were seen was the Luthor Corp planet in Smallville.”

“Do you honestly think I would have let those men die?” He leaned forward no long looking all over the room but looking her right in the eye.

“It wouldn’t be the first time it’s happen. I know I don’t know you that well anymore but when I left you were doing questionable things just like this.” Chloe didn’t mean to bring up things that were long past but she couldn’t ignore the truth.

Lex leaned forward in his seat almost coming over the table. “Your right Chloe you don’t know me anymore. You left and you didn’t want me back so don’t act as if you know what I would and wouldn’t do. You’re sitting here passing judgment on me instead of looking for the facts.”

“I’m not passing judgment.”

“You decided before you even asked me that I killed those men. That I pushed them so hard they died working for me.”

“Well did they or didn’t they?” Chloe was as frustrated as he was and she just wanted the answer.

He released a loud groan jumping up from his seat. Before Chloe could move Lex was around the table right next to her. “They died because of what they did. I told them to back off on what they were working on but they didn’t listen to me. Their ambitions got the best of them. I have video recordings of the men doing exactly what I told them not to do after I met with them. You’ll have the tape by day’s end.”

Chloe opened her mouth to try and answer him looking up at him for her seat but he interrupted before she could get anything out. “I didn’t kill them. I know you left here thinking I would turn into some kind of monster but I didn’t Chloe. The meteor rocks will provide energy for the world. I have worked to create something to help the world but you don’t focus on that.”

With that he was gone. He stormed out of the room leaving Chloe sitting alone at the table. He was right she didn’t know him anymore. Lex had created something to help so many but she was still hung up on what he had done she couldn’t see that maybe all her fears never came to light.

Their reunion ended and Chloe would have to decided for herself if she would focus on the great thing Lex had done or the murders he could have caused.

-------------}{------------

Two weeks can pass without even thinking about it. Chloe’s time was filled with the things she loved the past two weeks. She had a fancy dinner with Lois, Chloe spent the weekend showing Emma her favorite parks in the city and Chloe had her first piece printed in the Metropolis Monthly.

When Lex stormed off he said he’d send a video of what happened to the scientist that died working for him. She couldn’t bring herself to watch the video that night. The next morning when she headed into the office Lex had done what she wanted an hour before she arrived.

A lawyer was in her office handing her a file and telling her his work was done and he could be reached by the number in the file. Chloe didn’t even get to speak with the man but the fruits of his labor were seen as soon as he left her office.

Mr. Walker was rushing into to apologize for using her. He groveled at her feet nearly telling her that he would be devastated if she left the magazine. Chloe had her boss wrapped around her fingers and all she had to do was tell him she wasn’t going to write the energy piece about Luthor Corp.

But she didn’t.

Lex had keep up his end of the deal after she accused him of being a murderer. She told Mr. Walker that she’d make the deadline for next month’s issue. He left looking rather pleased but she reminded him of her agreement.

When she was finally alone Chloe took out the disk Lex left for her to watch; the recordings of Dr. Halloway and Dr. Wolenski. The footage went along just as he said it would. Dr. Halloway convinced his colleague into doing something that ended in an explosion of light.

Along with the disk was an autopsy report explaining that the meteor rocks they were working with shattered on both men leaving enough lacerations that killed them. One last thing was included in the package Lex sent. Official copies of Luthor Corp documents about the work done to create the new energy were also included.

Chloe didn’t know what to think anymore. It looked like Lex was telling her the truth. There was every reason for him to lie but he had given her so much information.

Part of her knew she wounded Lex when she left him dooming him to turn into a monster. For the first time in nine years she tried to see him for what he was; what she always hoped he would be.

As she wrote that article Lex transformed from the man she left afraid of to the man that saved her from Lionel Luthor. He was the man that she fell in love with in a summer cottage. He was a person that trusted her and knew her better than anyone until she met her husband.

After a rocky reunion Chloe was putting herself through another awkward meeting when she went to Lex’s office after the Monthly was released.

His assistant, Ms. March, waved her right into to see him. When the automatic doors swung open Lex was perched on the edge of his desk waiting for her. His arms were folded in defense in front of him but he dropped them to his sides when she entered the room.

“I read the piece.” He started as she moved closer to him.

“And?” Chloe questioned walking into the room calmer than what she was in the hotel.

“It was exactly what I wanted.”

“Good, I hope you didn’t think the title was too much.” Chloe did go a bit over board proclaiming Luthor Corp was the savior of the world’s energy crises but it didn’t fall far from the truth.

“No, I think the title was just fine.” The first time since she’d seen him Lex smiled. It was no more than a grin, a smirk even but it was there. “Is everything squared away with you and Mr. Walker?”

Chloe took the last few steps to stand in front of Lex and nodded once she reached him. “I got the desired reaction. Thank you again for…”

“No need to thank me.” Lex cut her off raising his hand in protest. They both looked at each waiting for the other to speak first.

Chloe didn’t mean to but she scanned the office. She didn’t know what she was looking for but she didn’t find much. The office was tidy and as orderly as Lex himself. His desk was a piece of glass and metal and the leather furniture in the room left a smell lingering around her.

Chloe didn’t find one picture. Either Lex hadn’t married or he didn’t believe in putting pictures up in his office. Chloe’s office was mostly covered with Emma and a one family photo before Troy passed.

She didn’t know a thing about Lex since he left her dorm so long ago and what he said to her when they first met was more than true.

After a quick scan of his surroundings Chloe’s eyes settle back on Lex who was still looking at her in silence. “I really stopped by to say something.”

“Assumed you did or you could just want to snoop around my office.” His eyes brows rose at her.

Of course he noted her curious ways but Chloe brushed off the comment to say something that was long coming. She inched a little closer to Lex hoping he would respond well to what she had to say. “You were right the other day. I don’t know you anymore and I wanted to apologize for assuming something about you before I had all the facts.”

“There is no need to say sorry. After what happened you had every right to think what you did.” His hand started to extend towards her but quickly retreated. “I never wanted you to think of me that way but I didn’t do a good job of changing your mind.”

Chloe knew what he was going to do when his hand reached out. It was a motion she was use to and the last time he’d done it she pulled his hand away from her cheek.

“I have been thinking that…” Chloe paused not really sure if she should say what she was about to but she moved back to Metropolis to heal and no longer fearing what she did when she left was a part of the healing. “…maybe I was wrong about being afraid of you then.”

“I guess you’ll never really know.”He stood up from the edge of the desk. “Maybe you should find out.”

Her eyes focused on him intently trying to see through what he was saying but finding no answers. “What do mean I should find out?”

“I’m saying that…” He paused to move in closer to her looking down on her. “…you could try to get to know me again. You do remember what I said the last time I saw you?”

Chloe let her mind go back to that day nine years ago when Lex was standing in her door preparing to leave and she remembered exactly what he said. “I remember but I think the chance has long passed us by since so much has changed.”

“I know but I said I’d wait.” Lex turned away from her heading for the large window looking down on the city. “I said no matter how long it takes.”

Chloe didn’t know why he was saying this but she didn’t move back for this. There reunion was hard, awkward, for a moment it was pleasant and now Chloe was surprised. She had to get out that space with him before Lex said anything else.

“I should go.” Without a good bye Chloe turned to run off not looking back at Lex looking away from her.

As she left the building Chloe let what Lex said wash over her. All those years ago and she still knew every word.

“No matter how long it takes. No matter the outcome if we are lovers again or just friends. We will be together. We will find a way back to each other.”

TBC

Chapter 4 Trapped (Lex POV)

Notes: Just a warning this may be the last chapter until late in to June. I have to put my grad school writing first.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 3 5/12/07

This was an excellent chapter. It helped answer a lot of questions about the how, when and why of the Chlex breakup. I don't blame Chloe for leaving Lex after she found out he had been conducting immoral experiments on 'meteorite enhanced' people. I imagine it would have been quite a shock to her to realize that the man she loved was capable of such atrocities without a qualm or hesitation.

But I do think its a great pity that she didn't accept his word when he tracked her down and assured her that he was sorry for everything he had done, and was willing to make changes to become a better person, someone more worthy of her. He offered to change, atone and make amends for all his mistakes and character flaws... and Chloe flung his sincerity back in his face.

I think it's a miracle that Lex stayed on the course towards redemption even after his main incentive (winning back Chloe's love) had been snatched away from him. I can't imagine how he managed to stay on the path of 'humanity and decency' after discovering that Chloe had fallen in love with another man... gotten married and had a child no less. It must have been devastating for him, but he managed to keep himself from slipping back into darkness.... somehow. Miraculous!

Even worse, the first thing Chloe does during their first meeting in almost a decade is to first ask him for a favour (the lawyer recommendation), and then slams into him with a bunch of hostile accusations. I don't blame Lex for getting angry... in fact, I'm surprised he reacted as coolly as he did in the face of her inclination to believe the very worst of him.

*sigh* but it WAS great to see her apology in the form of the favourable headline. She didn't quite call Lex the messiah of the new age, but she came close to it

It's good to see that she has finally seen that Lex has actually spent a lot of time and effort into making himself into a good and decent man. Perhaps now she'll start giving him the benefit of the doubt instead of believing that he's still a ruthless monster in search of profit at any cost possible.

I look forward to seeing how the next chapter comes along. Take your time with it. If school work is getting in the way of getting some quality writing done, then get the school work over and done with first, and then re-focus on the getting the writing right. Good luck!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a good update. Chloe needs to know she isn't always right and look beyond what she knows. I hope she can take up on what Lex offered.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Did you say earlier that what happened in Freak doesn't apply here meaning that Chloe is not a freak? I was just wondering if she was or wasn't and if that had any bearing on her thoughts about what Lex has done.

That was a heartbreaking flashblack scene as Lex tried desperately to get Chloe back. And more heartbreak when he realized she still saw him as a monster.

It's good to see that Lex has changed and I hope that Chloe gives him a chance. Of course I want more between them, but friends would be a nice start. It definitely seems like it's going to take a while as there is a lot to repair, but hopefully it will.

Good luck on your grad school writing. I'll be waiting patiently.

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar

“No matter how long it takes. No matter the outcome if we are lovers again or just friends. We will be together. We will find a way back to each other.”
    wow.

june, huh?

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Great chapter
    I hope they can get to know each other again and be at least friends (of course I want them to be much more than just friends... LOL)
    Malu

Good update. Very good update. I can't wait till Lex meets Emma.
    Keep on the good work!

Re: Crawling Back (R) Chapter 4 7/04/07

Quote Originally Posted by xxasaxx View Post
    this seriously needs an update
    yes, I agree. Please?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information