+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: See Into Me - R - Chloe, Lois, Clark, Lex complete Jun 30 2008

Storyteller

Re: See Into Me - R - Chloe, Lois, Clark, Lex - 11/9

Part 4 Wherever I’m Going

Lex cursed under his breath. She had been here in this room. His men were never wrong about surveillance. This was Lois’ apartment. He could see her all around him, hanging in picture frames on the walls. Vanity was most definitely Lois’ greatest sin. All around him she smiled down as if there was no one else more important in the world.

He strode across the pitifully small living room and made his way towards a closed door. He was certain it was empty. She could always call on that caped hero and he would come flying in within seconds to rescue her, even if it was from the man that Lois had sinned against. It curdled his guts to know that Superman could be this devoted still the woman who killed his best friend.

The bedroom door swung open and Lex stopped still in his tracks. It was a preview into the bitch’s soul, really, to see her guilt displayed so prominently in her most private room. Lex walked slowly towards the dresser, called by the image like a small pin to a magnet.

You were perfection, my only obsession
    And good to me, good to me

Chloe looked at him from the photograph with such sad eyes. He recognized the setting. It was at a party that he hosted for LexCorp. He stood beside her on the photograph with the smirk she often told him was overtly self-assured. He corrected her diction, and informed her that he was merely confident when she thought it was arrogance. Still he was drawn to her expression.

My only addiction, you were such a vision
    Of grace and love, grace and love

They had been happy then. He knew it with such certainty that he was thrown by the way her eyes haunted him in this picture. Chloe had been happy then. They were building a family. He had no time to analyze the look. Why should he question a truth he knew just because Lois Lane had a photograph that seemed to paint their life together in a way he did not recognize?

So I fell into your life
    No I won’t forget you

With a disgusted snort, Lex placed the picture frame facedown on the dresser. He would not allow Lois to manipulate him even without being present. She had no right to make him question his life with Chloe with a misplaced, carefully selected photograph. He opened the first drawer and rummaged through the brushes and products that littered the inside.

I don’t know what I’m running from
    I don’t know what I’m running to
    But wherever I’m going
    I go there with you

“Useless,” he muttered.

There had to be a clue somewhere that could tell him of any refuge she was going to run to. Lex took the entire drawer out and dumped the contents onto the bed. He sifted through all of the trinkets and found a small wooden box.

“Like a little coffin,” he whispered.

“Like the one you didn’t get to see her in, right?”

The words chilled him much more than the audacity of the person who could say the words to him. Lex straightened and glared at Clark Kent.

“Are you paying Lois Lane house visits now?” Lex asked coldly.

“Maybe I’m also here to demand answers,” Clark told him. “But you don’t see me rummaging through her personal effects.”

“Only because I beat you to it,” Lex parried. “Tell me truth, Clark. You were going to do exactly the same thing. You’ve never had too many reservations about other people’s privacy, Clark, but when it came to yours you usually bit Chloe’s head off for doing what she did best.”

Clark paused and swallowed the lump in his throat before answering, “Glad to see you’ve started to talk to her in the past tense. Welcome back to reality.”

Lex snarled, then returned to his search, prying open the small box.

“Admit it. You’re in a rampage because you never got the chance to end it the way you wanted to.”

“What the hell are you talking about, Clark?”

“You would have ended it with her,” Clark threw, walking over to him. “Lois just beat you to the closure. You wanted to have the option. You wanted to make the decisions, the way you did those last months. You paid Lois to go after her because you couldn’t just let her end it on her own terms.” Clark took the box from Lex’s hands and popped it open easily, then tossed it back to him. “You killed her.”

“I was here!” Lex said softly.

“You sent an amateur journalist after Chloe in a war zone!” Clark accused. “You gave orders to Lois Lane, who knew squat about investigative reporting, into a highly conflicted area to talk to your fiancé about your personal problems. You had Lois Lane argue the good intentions of your lies while Chloe was out there dodging hits!” he finished with a yell.

Don’t know what I’m running to
    But wherever I’m going

“I was doing what I could to save my family life!” Lex yelled back. “Don’t you think I would have gone there if I thought she’d only listen?”

“You didn’t,” Clark continued, the wind taken out of his sail.

“You don’t think I’ve stayed up most nights wondering what if I came instead, wishing I’d been there with her when that bomb exploded, praying I’d gone with her?” he finished in a whisper.

I go there with you

Clark watched Lex’s every stiff movement and for that short moment, he wondered why it was exactly that they grew apart.

There’s so many questions
    I can’t keep on guessing why, guessing why

The contents of the box spilled into Lex’s palm. At the sight of the small pieces of jewelry, Clark watched the reaction on the bald man’s face.

Lex’s face had always been difficult to read, but his expression then was so stark it was impossible not to know.

And I’m wondering why I’m suffering
    And I don’t know what to do
    I’d give it all, all away
    Just to be with you

“What is this?” he whispered, looking up into Clark’s eyes.

He was not asking, really, Clark knew. The ring was unmistakable, because Clark had glared often enough at it since he had first seen Chloe sporting the ridiculously large diamond. Still, he answered, for the sake of uncovering what he would not get out of Lois, “Chloe’s engagement ring.”

Lex stiffly sat on the edge of Lois’ bed. “She didn’t,” Lex choked out.

“Maybe she was going to give it back to you,” Clark offered.

Lex’s hand closed over the ring and closed his eyes. He gripped the ring until the blunt edges of the diamond almost carved a niche in his bones.

So I fell into your life
    No I won’t forget you
    I don’t know what I’m running to

When he opened his eyes, Clark was gone, as silently as he came. Lex registered that he should probably leave. Instead, he reached for the contents of the drawer and dumped them back inside ceremoniously. He placed the small box inside, then walked over to the dresser and slid the dresser in. Slowly, he settled down on the chair in front of the dresser and reached for the picture frame that he had placed down.

Carefully, he moved the bolster back in place and displayed the photograph, staring at it for the longest moment.

His unhappy Chloe.

Everywhere that I go without you
    Your picture stares from the wall, I feel you
    A grain of sand in my hand falls to earth
    The serenade of my days spent alone

He hoped to God that Lois pried the ring off of his fiance’s lifeless hand. If Chloe had handed the ring back to her cousin with a message of goodbye, then Lex wondered what kind of darkness was even crueler than where he was then, and knew that with that bitter knowledge he would find out firsthand.

Don’t know what I’m running to
    But wherever I’m going
    I go there with you

Her eyes haunted him, as she looked at the camera, on the day he had believed she content.

Her eyes said so much more, and she could even hurt him from her grave.

I’m lost without you

Clark slammed the door shut behind him, so loudly that she jumped up from the bed in surprise.

“Clark?”

“Yes,” he gritted out.

“What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?” she asked, playing the part so perfectly.

“You told Superman you were in danger.”

“I did,” she admitted.

“So danger was Lex Luthor in your apartment demanding answers he deserved to know?”

She turned away. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Sooner or later, you would have to learn that you can’t hide the truth, Lois.”

She moistened her lips and turned those green eyes at Clark. His heart clenched at the sight. When she looked into her eyes, she was so much Chloe that he hurt inside.

“Look away, Lois,” he rasped.

“I won’t.”

“Look away,” he warned again.

“You can’t hurt me while I’m looking, Clark.”

“Do you think I could ever hurt you?” he whispered.

“Won’t you?” she demanded. “You hate me for what happened, don’t you?”

“I do,” he admitted. “I hate you for your stupidity, for killing someone I loved.”

She nodded.

“I’d never raise my hand against you,” he vowed. “As much as I’d never stop hating you, I’d never physically assault you, you can be sure of that.”

She sucked in her breath. “I’m leaving.” She stood up from the bed and stiffly made her way towards the door. “Facing Lex’s questions would probably be easier than sitting here taking all this crap from you.”

“I won’t be too sure.”

She placed her hand on the knob and turned. With the door open behind her, she walked over to Clark. He held his breath and she stood there so close, within reach. He met those eyes moist with unshed tears.

Why’d you have to be here for just one day
    I miss you, I miss you

Of their own volition, his hands reached up to frame her face. They were Chloe’s eyes. No matter what he told himself, there was a starving part of him that convinced him he could lose himself in something he had thought was lost.

He bent down to place his lips on hers, just briefly, so softly. Clark lost himself for that one moment to remember what it was like.

After a few seconds, he pulled away with a look of disgust, his lips still tingling with a hauntingly familiar and tender sensation.

“You killed her,” he repeated to himself. “Do you understand what you’ve done?”

And I’m looking for answers why you went away
    It shattered my world but together we’ll stay

She shook her head. “You told her you were still in love with her,” she whispered. “The day she ran to you, to tell you about her problems, to ask you for advice because her life was falling apart… You were in love with her,” she said in an accusing tone. “And you blame it all on me for going after her and on Lex for driving her away.”

She then turned away and fled. Clark closed the door behind her.

I miss you, I miss you.

tbc

Re: See Into Me - R - Chloe, Lois, Clark, Lex - 11/26

Great update, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Exellent update!!!!!!!! More please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I can't wait to learn more about the past, and I want a Lex and "Lois" showdown. Figures Lex would take the more morbid idea of removing the ring off her dead body then her taking it off willingly. It shows the depth of how much her love means to him in a really creepy way.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

He strode across the pitifully small living room and made his way towards a closed door. He was certain it was empty. She could always call on that caped hero and he would come flying in within seconds to rescue her, even if it was from the man that Lois had sinned against. It curdled his guts to know that Superman could be this devoted still the woman who killed his best friend.
    I guess we’re going to have to wait just a little while longer for the confrontation to take place. I have to say Catheryne is evi, evil, EVIL for torturing her readers like this

It’s interesting that Chloe was so desperate not to face Lex that she actually called out to Superman for help. Calling out for help is NOT something that Chloe would have found easy to do, even is she had a nice, healthy and strong friendship with Clark.

The bedroom door swung open and Lex stopped still in his tracks. It was a preview into the bitch’s soul, really, to see her guilt displayed so prominently in her most private room.
    I found this paragraph chilling. It just shows how much LOATHING Lex has for the woman he believes to be Lois Lane. He has judged her, and is ready to execute her for her ‘sins’. Lex is scary!

I wonder if Chloe knows that Lex has plans to kill ‘Lois Lane’. I’m also wondering whether she knows that he killed Lana just for helping Chloe escape.

They had been happy then. He knew it with such certainty that he was thrown by the way her eyes haunted him in this picture. Chloe had been happy then. They were building a family. He had no time to analyze the look. Why should he question a truth he knew just because Lois Lane had a photograph that seemed to paint their life together in a way he did not recognize?
    He’s just trying SO hard to convince himself that he’s mistaken about what he’s seeing so clearly in the photograph. That extreme self-denial is not helping, it only makes him all the more dangerous and more terrifying.

There had to be a clue somewhere that could tell him of any refuge she was going to run to. Lex took the entire drawer out and dumped the contents onto the bed. He sifted through all of the trinkets and found a small wooden box.

“Like a little coffin,” he whispered.

“Like the one you didn’t get to see her in, right?”
    OUCH! Lex’s thoughts are quite gruesome and dark. Clark is really not helping in completing and compounding to the darkness with a few select phrases.

But then again, I guess Clark is mourning too. He also deserves a few moments of grim reflection.

“Maybe I’m also here to demand answers,” Clark told him. “But you don’t see me rummaging through her personal effects.”

“Only because I beat you to it,” Lex parried.
    Heh… Dark humour. Just enough to surprise a nervous laugh out of the readers who are sitting on the edge of their seats over the tension in the scene.

Clark paused and swallowed the lump in his throat before answering, “Glad to see you’ve started to talk to her in the past tense. Welcome back to reality.”
    It seems like Clark managed to find quite a biting vocabulary sometime between losing Chloe and finding Lex is this apartment. He’s honestly being quite vicious.

“You would have ended it with her,” Clark threw, walking over to him. “Lois just beat you to the closure. You wanted to have the option. You wanted to make the decisions, the way you did those last months. You paid Lois to go after her because you couldn’t just let her end it on her own terms.” Clark took the box from Lex’s hands and popped it open easily, then tossed it back to him. “You killed her.”

“I was here!” Lex said softly.

“You sent an amateur journalist after Chloe in a war zone!” Clark accused. “You gave orders to Lois Lane, who knew squat about investigative reporting, into a highly conflicted area to talk to your fiancé about your personal problems. You had Lois Lane argue the good intentions of your lies while Chloe was out there dodging hits!” he finished with a yell.
    Clark raised an excellent point here. But he’s forgotten that hindsight is perfect, and Lex surely wouldn’t have guessed what the outcome would have been. Would he? COULD he have sent Lois as a subconscious attempt to ‘punish’ his estranged wife?

Does Chloe see his plot in sending Lois as ‘punishment’? That he put her inexperienced and clumsy cousin in the middle of a war-zone as a means of making Chloe suffer one way or another?

“You don’t think I’ve stayed up most nights wondering what if I came instead, wishing I’d been there with her when that bomb exploded, praying I’d gone with her?” he finished in a whisper.
    Lex is an excellent liar, but I think he is being sincere here. I wonder how much he has suffered, how much sleep he’s lost trying to rationalize his decision.

Lex’s hand closed over the ring and closed his eyes. He gripped the ring until the blunt edges of the diamond almost carved a niche in his bones.
    I liked that last phrase. Holding onto something so tight that it almost sinks into his skin. The same way he wanted to hold onto Chloe… no matter how much she struggled and begged to be let go.

Lex is a really scary man here. And I understand why Chloe left him… I’m not really seeing an option for a happy Chlex ending here. Lex has descended too far into darkness and madness to be able to love Chloe the way he used to… the way she needs him to. The things he’s done, the very personal murders he has committed. I don’t see how Chloe would ever forgive him.

Even if one doesn’t see the situation as Lex killing Lois, he must have done something like threaten or blackmail her to convince her to ‘do his bidding’ and get his wife back.

Carefully, he moved the bolster back in place and displayed the photograph, staring at it for the longest moment.

His unhappy Chloe.
    I thought I was going to cry here. The pain might have been self-inflicted, but he’s miserable, unhappy and in agony here. It’s hard not to feel pity for him, even is you ARE afraid of him and hate him.

He hoped to God that Lois pried the ring off of his fiance’s lifeless hand. If Chloe had handed the ring back to her cousin with a message of goodbye, then Lex wondered what kind of darkness was even crueler than where he was then, and knew that with that bitter knowledge he would find out firsthand.
    I found this chilling. Lex actually hoping that ‘Lois’ has pried the ring off Chloe’s corpse. Hoping to get final comfirmation of Lois’s guilt before he finally kills her.

I’m actually getting the terrifying impression that he might not want to kill her straight away. That Lex might want to indulge in some torture and interrogation before finally ‘allowing’ Lois to die.

This is one really frightening version of Lex that seems capable of all kinds of atrocities.

“What are you doing here? How did you know I was here?” she asked, playing the part so perfectly.
    Hmmm. Interesting. Chloe knew about Clark’s secret, but Lois didn’t. So Chloe has to pretend not to know either.

“So danger was Lex Luthor in your apartment demanding answers he deserved to know?”

She turned away. “I don’t want to talk about it.”
    Does Clark seriously have no idea that Lex has every intention of KILLING Lois/Chloe? Does Chloe suspect that Lex has plans to execute Lois?

She moistened her lips and turned those green eyes at Clark. His heart clenched at the sight. When she looked into her eyes, she was so much Chloe that he hurt inside.

“Look away, Lois,” he rasped.

“I won’t.”

“Look away,” he warned again.
    This fic is almost too sad to read through. Just imagine Clark being unable to look at her because she reminds him too much of what he’s lost.

“You can’t hurt me while I’m looking, Clark.”
    Chloe’s answer took my breath away in shock. She actually believed that keeping her eyes rigidly trained on him was actually protecting her from his fury. She must have felt so lost and alone. Even the person that she called on for help had reasons to hurt her.

She shook her head. “You told her you were still in love with her,” she whispered. “The day she ran to you, to tell you about her problems, to ask you for advice because her life was falling apart… You were in love with her,” she said in an accusing tone. “And you blame it all on me for going after her and on Lex for driving her away.”
    Poor Chloe. EVERY single person that she trusted to love her, support he and provide her with unwavering loyalty had turned aginst her for their own selfish demands and purposes. Lex, Clark… and even Lois.

So now she’s going for the confrontation? I’m still looking forward to seeing how that goes. Please update soon. I need closure on this fic now.

NS Full Member

Wonderful update that brought me to tears! PLEASE don't leave us waiting for too long!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

That was quite an emotional update!

So Clark was in love with Chloe--damn he always had the worst timing. She left Metropolis to get away from Lex, the death of their child and on top of all that, she had to deal with Clark.

And an interesting twist that Lex asked Lois to go after Chloe to talk to her.

This is an excelltn story
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

I didn't even realize there was an update cuz my laptop has been messing up, but here I come and I get to read two!! I loved both of them, they were awesome. So much emotion and they were great, I can't wait to read more. Please update as soon as you can

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

very sad but please keep going i want to read more this is a good story and i can't wait for more.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Any chance of an update on this fic. I'm still waiting in breathless anticipation to see what happens when 'Lois' and Lex finally meet up again. Is he going to recognize her in time, or is he going to shoot first and repent later? Scary possibilities. I love to see characters suffer, but I always want a happy ending at the end of all their suffering... but a happy ending doesn't seem likely in this fic... so all I can do is steel myself for the worst, and hope for explanations to all the questions that have been whirling around in my head.

Does Chloe know Lex killed Lana? How did Lex convince Lois to go after Chloe in the first place? How much longer is Chloe expecting to get away with this HUGE scam she's pulling over everyone's eyes? Does Lex have any chance of redemption after all the abominable actions he has committed? Can Chloe forgive Lex and perhaps even 'save him' from the kind of man he has become?

Please update soon. I'd really like to see what happens at the end.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information