+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: See Into Me - R - Chloe, Lois, Clark, Lex complete Jun 30 2008

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Re: See Into Me - R - Chloe, Lois, Clark, Lex (4th February 2008)

I was so, SO happy to see you return to this fic, Catheryne! All your fans have missed you with the passion of a hundred Chlexy smut scene, LOL! And this was one HECK of a chapter to return with. I’m glad to see that you decided to make an entrance with a ‘bang’

I had to finish re-reading through the whole fic again before reviewing this, so I apologise for the delay… but here’s my inadequate feedback for your amazing story.

Chloe applied the lipstick over her lips and took a deep breath. She stared at her reflection in the mirror and realized for the first time that she no longer frowned and took a second look to verify that she was looking at herself. Her fingers fluttered towards where the skin was fully healed at her hairline. There were no more traces of the procedure. Should she wake up one day with no memory of her surgery, she could live her whole life without anyone knowing.
    I loved how the story started with Chloe looking at herself in the mirror and, for the first time, not being surprised to see ‘Lois’ staring back at her. At this point, even I’m confused about which is now this woman’s ‘true’ identity… Has Chloe finally died, so this new version of Lois has been born in her place? It seems like even Chloe is not certain about her sense of self anymore.

The knock on the door was brief. She walked over and opened the door to reveal Lex Luthor standing outside. Chloe was taken back to the first time that Lex stood outside her door like that, long ago before reality took away her innocence, before Lex, before Eric, before… life happened.
    It’s tragic, but I think the only thing that’s anchoring Chloe to her sense of former self is regret and grief. She misses her old life, her former friends, and her family… husband, child, cousin! The only thing Chloe CAN do is grieve for everything that she used to have.

“What’s the occasion?” she clarified again as she fell into step beside him on their way to the dining room.

He led her towards their table. When she looked up, she saw sadness flit quickly in his eyes. Chloe started, suddenly filled with shame. Her lips grew numb, and she clutched tightly at her napkin.

Had she lost her heart after everything?
    Chloe is asking herself whether she’s falling in love with Lex all over again? I think the truth is that she never fell OUT of love with him.

Chloe slowly turned her eyes to meet his, then averted them. Once upon a time at a setting much like this, she stood while he knelt sobbing into her thighs and begging her not to leave him.
    I remember that… it was the day before she ran away from Lex. The day she made the DECISION to walk away from Lex… and she told him too. She had good reason at the time. Lex was too caught up in plans of ambitious, petty, vindictive vengeance to worry and care for his grieving, broken wife the way she needed. LEX was the one who pushed her away. That evening, Chloe had asked Lex to participate in a memorial that she was hoping to use to get some closure on Eric’s death… and Lex could only talk about killing Superman.

I understand that it was HIS way of grieving. But he was being selfish and unheeding of the pain his wife was going through.

And she had run to the man he hated, lay in his bed and let him fuck her.

It's all been a pack of lies
    Poor Chloe. She feels so horribly guilty about, not only running out on Lex, but cheating on him with the ONE man that he despised above all others. In her guilt, she seems to have forgotten everything that drove her away from Lex, and only remembers that she hurt her husband.

“If I’m alone tonight, I’m going to sink to the same depths I used to sink into,” he admitted, albeit reluctantly. “Tonight I need your help.” She was lost in his pleading gaze. “Maybe tonight I’m not a childless father or a wifeless husband. Maybe tonight I’m not a successful man who lost the most important deal of his life.”

“But I’m still me,” she protested, “and you despise me. You can’t really want to choose me to spend tonight with.”

His lips curved. “It’s a choice between you and contemplating my black soul over scotch and a loaded gun, just like all the other years.”
    Poor Lex! I think he’s actually realized how he himself also failed Chloe. She might have run out and cheated on him… but I think Lex is acknowledging that he neglected his wife and lost ‘the most important business deal of his life’. I love the way he’s phrased that.

It was chilling hearing about him talking about dividing his attention between drunkenness and suicide. The scariest part is how I COMPLETELY believe that he’s being serious about this too. Poor Lex is in a HORRIBLE state of mind, and he simply cannot be left alone.

“At least I’m better than the prospect of shooting yourself in the head,” she teased lightly.
    heh, it was good to see that Chloe wasn’t dumb-struck with horror (like I was) over Lex’s confession.

And she wondered, what if—What if she let herself be taken by the warm sincerity in his eyes that told her as that he would not say? What if she forgot too, the way he seemed so intent to do? It seemed so easy. Slowly, her eyes drifted closed, and she felt his hand over hers tighten briefly then release.
    oh dear… this is not good. Chloe is letting herself fall under Lex’s spell all over again, in the guise of Lois. This can go wrong in SO many ways.

“It’s not the end of the world if we forget,” he told her. “Maybe tomorrow we can go back.”

To hating each other.

To cursing a woman he thought was dead.

To accepting that even now, despite what she had done, he was, and always will be obsessed.

“Alright,” she said.
    oh dear… I can see how Chloe would have been drawn into this fantasy that everything was ‘normal’ between them while this truce was being affected. It would be SO easy to forget all the misunderstanding and underlying animosity between them while they were actively ‘trying’ to be civil.

“Perry is wonderful,” she began. Then she remembered that Lex had met his editor-in-chief before, and saw the doubtful arch of his eyebrow. “He is,” she repeated, chuckling. “He’s temperamental, completely neurotic and downright obnoxious. I adore the old guy.”

“No wonder,” he returned.

“I’m gonna be like him someday,” she joked.

“He sounds like a dream,” he drawled.
    LOL! I like Perry too. He hasn’t made much of an appearance in this fic, but from Chloe’s description he sounds very much like the canon-comic version of Perry, who I always adored.

“This sounds evil.”

“He never turns off his machine in case there’s a breaking story.”

Lex laughed. “You did not.”

She nodded. “I did. I know how to leave fake love messages and sound like I mean it.” She sipped her champagne. “I doubt he’d do it again.”
    ROTFLMAO! I was in hysterics imagining this ‘mini-battle’ of pranks that took place between Perry and Chloe. And it’s probably ‘just another one of those things’ that happens on a regular basis between the two of them, LOL!

She looked up at him, and saw the look of surprise in his face, as if he regretted having slipped. “It’s okay, you know. You can talk about her.”

“No.” He shook his head sharply. “I can’t.”

“Lex,” she began. But it was so easy to see that she had already lost him tonight.

Chloe placed down her glass and tossed her napkin back on the table. He seemed so young, so devastated. She stood up, and he looked up at her in question. She walked over to where he sat and closed her hand over his, then pulled him up.
    Poor Lex… Now… NOW he’s finally learned to mourn properly, without trying to distract himself with all the wrong things like trying to get ‘revenge’ for his personal losses and tragedy. It’s a good thing, because LOIS is the one who would have been the target for any vengeance he might have been planning. He’s finally learned that even the petty satisfaction from revenge is useless in the long run.

“I’m never going to escape her, Lois.”

She reached up her hand and cupped his face. She leaned up and pulled down his face for a brief kiss.

“I’m never going to want to,” he continued, looking down at her puzzled.
    I felt like crying for poor Lex. His son was taken away, but he managed to somehow keep himself from breaking… it was only after Chloe left that he got… lost. And I don’t think he even WANTS to find his way back to himself again.

“You don’t have to,” she whispered, her breath brushing against his moist lips. Chloe pulled him down again for another kiss, this time longer, deeper. Her hands slipped down to his belt and deftly undid it. “Let me do this.” She helped him get off his pants.

He took her hand and pulled. “Let’s go to the bedroom.”

“No,” she protested sharply. “Not the bedroom.” She reached up and unhooked the clasp at the back of her dress, and allowed it to fall to the dining room floor. Chloe stood in front of him in her panties and a simple gold necklace.
    oh, this was a mistake on SO many levels!!! But I couldn’t help but grin at the added drama and excitement that this latest twist added to the plot line. Excellent plotting, Catheryne!!!

As she arched her back to give him access to her aching breast, she worked her panties off. And then she was holding him in her hand. She felt him so strained and tensed. Chloe lifted one leg up and hooked it on his hips. She positioned him at her entrance.

“Lois.” He hesitated, and looked up into her eyes. And it was sick, because he was looking into Chloe, and sinking into someone else. She nodded, and it looked to his dazed mind that she was someone else, and that this would really be okay. He intertwined his fingers with hers and held on. He drove home. She gasped and he squeezed his eyes tightly, his hips moving in a frantic rhythm, searching and pounding and reaching.
    The smut was beautifully written. It was hot, and there was a strong thread of grief, desperation and deceit running throughout this entire scene. You did a WONDERFUL job in capturing so many emotions in these actions, Catheryne! I loved the tragedy of Chloe indulging herself by allowing herself to ‘forget’ about her new identity to sink into her old life again… just for a little while. You know that it’s going to end soon, and that she’s going to be worse off than when it started, but it IS wonderful during the moment it’s happening.

“Lex, more.” She wanted to wrap her arms around him, rest her hands on his shoulders and rub the tension that she felt. Instead, his hands were tight as they clutched hers and pressed them against the moist glass. It was painful, and the most glorious experience she had ever had. He was inside her over and over and over, hitting the places she had never dreamed he would ever be again. The edges of her vision blacked and she released so violently she shuddered and screamed quietly, melting against the window, against his body, liquefied.

As she sagged against him, Lex released her hand and felt it come around his back, clutching at him, her nails sliding against the sweat. With his free hand he reached for her other thigh and placed her leg around his waist. With the new depth, he felt her grow tighter and even slicker. He rested his forehead against the cool window and pounded faster and heavier.

As elusive as it was, his climax shattered him when he finally found it. He pumped himself inside her continuously until he had nothing more. He was so sated that he melted onto his knees, taking her along with him. Breathing heavily, he lay down on the hardwood floor with Lois lying boneless against him.
    This was just… woah! Oh dear heavens, WOW!!! It was beautiful, rough, desperate, intense, violent… and so very intimate. I loved seeing Lex and Chloe connecting with each other, and not fully understand the significance of what was happening between them. The poor confused kids… Lex is going to believe that anything he felt was an illusion born from having sex with Chloe’s cousin. And Chloe… Chloe won’t be able to tell him that the connection was real and genuine, not without revealing her secrets to him.

He looked down at the dark head resting against his chest. He placed a kiss on the top of her head and closed his eyes. “I’m sorry for doing that,” he rasped.

Chloe heard the words and swallowed, then her eyes drifted closed and a tear slid down the edge of her eye and dropped onto his skin.
    Poor Chloe! I KNEW it was a mistake she and Lex were making. Chloe was trying to recapture her past, even though she knew she wouldn’t be able to hang onto it, and Lex believed Lois was offering him solace and comfort, which he took without thinking too much about it.

And I can’t imagine any other words that would have broken Chloe’s heart more than what Lex just said… ‘I’m sorry for doing that’… Perhaps he was apologising for using Lois like that, but I’m sure Chloe can also sense that he regrets what just took place. She thinks that he regrets the amazing, fulfilling, intense moment that they shared.

Hmmm, perhaps he regrets it, or perhaps he feels guilty about ‘betraying’ Chloe with her own cousin. I guess I’ll have to wait for a Lex POV chapter to find out what his thoughts were/are. I look forward to the upcoming chapter, Catheryne. Please update soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Wow, I am so glad you updated this story. Excellent job.

I'm a new fan, you were recommended by Lexie and I'm really glad she did. Thank you for updating this amazing story. I'm now off to read more of your work!

Storyteller

Part 12 Yellow

He awoke with her in his arms still, and she was familiar. His arm wrapped around her waist, with his face buried in her hair, and he could almost pretend that she was who she should have been. It was so easy to get lost in her warmth, and he could begin his life again. Every woman’s body was no different than the next right? How easy would it be, he wondered, to imagine another woman’s face when he said ‘I love you?’

His eyes drifted closed, and he held on to her, breathed in the scent of her hair and listened to the world around him.

“Lex, are you awake?” she said softly, her voice tickling his chest.

His breath hitched, because in his imagination he had transformed even her voice. ‘Chloe,’ brushed by in his mind’s voice. His eyebrows furrowed. His will had overcome his senses, and he could so happily fool his brain. He did not move, savoring that elusive moment when he was with her again, even if it was all make-believe.

Look at the stars,
    Look how they shine for you,
    And everything you do
    Yeah, they were all yellow.

He felt her sigh against his body. He expected her to rise, extricate herself—maybe walk away to the bedroom and throw up in the toilet bowl. Instead, he felt her arms wrap even more tightly around him. He felt her burrow deeper into him and brush and butterfly kiss against his skin, right by his heart.

He tensed at the movement, and then he felt a small pool of warm liquid gather against his skin. He heard the muffled sound of a sniffle. He remained still.

It took a few minutes, but then she hastily stood up, leaving him colder than he had been in that momentary stolen embrace. She did not look back at him. For all she knew, he was asleep still. Lex watched as she threw the dress on and run to the stairs. He sat up and stared at the empty door.

He stood slowly and gathered his discarded clothes. His movements were numbered as he dressed and proceeded to toast some bread and prepare coffee. He poured a cup and stood there, sipping the hot liquid.

I came along,
    I wrote a song for you,
    And all the things you do,
    And it was called "Yellow."

And then she walked in, freshly showered and wearing office clothes. She met his eyes with no expression. He turned and poured a cup for her, then handed it over.

“Thanks,” she replied tersely. She lifted it up to sip, and then frowned. She looked up towards the cupboards. Lex lifted his hand, and then pushed a small saucer towards her. There was one cube of sugar. Slowly, her gaze lifted towards him. He met her stare, and she swallowed. She reached for the saucer, then pushed it away.

Lex shook his head. “Take it.” He dropped the cube into her cup, then stirred. “I’m sure you take it like this.”

“Thank you,” she whispered.

So then I took my turn,
    Oh what a thing took done,
    And it was all yellow.

His mind raced, wanting to do so much, yet at the same time wanting to remain there, sweeping her entire body with his eyes, looking at each shadow on her face. Lex picked up his coffee cup and sat right across from her at the table.

And that moment was heaven.

He stared at her lips, devoid of lipstick, and how the coffee clung to those lips like dark dew. She bit her bottom lip, and they were redder than he remembered, but not as red as the night before when he fed on them like berries.

She took a deep breath, and his eyes drifted down to her chest, full and lovely, but less than what they were when he ran his tongue over them.

Last night and all the other nights before.

Your skin
    Oh yeah, your skin and bones,
    Turned into something beautiful,
    You know I love you so.

She placed down her cup, and she looked up into his unwavering gaze. She said, “I have to go.”

His nod was sharp. “I know.”

She picked up her bag from the table and left. Lex closed his eyes when the door slammed shut.

She had to go.

~~

Chloe closed the door behind her and leaned back, then let out the deep breath she had been keeping in. The air left her body in an audible sob. She bent her head back and stared at the white lights on the corridor ceiling. All she could see now were spots of hazy white where the lights used to be.

She had to go.

There was no doubt about it, in her mind or his. The tears flowed freely and she sobbed until her body was racked with the emotion.

She could not have come at all, not have stepped in his house, not have returned to the same state. She learned early in life that she did not deserve the life she had fooled herself into believing she could still have.

I swam across,
    I jumped across for you,
    Oh what a thing to do.
    Cuz you were all yellow,

Chloe took a deep, cleansing breath, hugged her bag to her body, then entered the elevator. She hailed a cab and rested her head back.

The brick houses and condominiums flew by. Her cab stopped in the newspaper office building. Chloe got off and proceeded to her floor. She knocked on Perry’s door.

When the editor saw her, he waved her inside. She turned to him and saw the intent look in his face.

“You have to go,” he read.

Chloe nodded. “I couldn’t without telling you.” He smiled sadly. “I’m so ashamed. You gave me a change that other journalists would kill for, and I’m gonna blow it away.”

He shook his head. “It’s not yet done, Lane.” He winked. “I knew a guy who upped and left at the height of his infamy, found himself, then came back and settled into a comfortable desk job.”

That drew a reluctant smile from her. She remembered meeting him when she was a child and he was lost. “So you think I just have to find myself.”

“I know you have to find yourself.” Perry leaned back in his chair. “Now I’m not going to hold your desk,” he told her. “Overhead and all.”

She nodded. “Of course.”

“But you’re always going to be welcome, Lane.”

She left Perry’s office with her heart a little lighter. Chloe went over to her desk and sat down. Chloe looked around her and took in the bustling newsroom. The mailroom attendant pushed a cart of packages around the office. Jimmy Olsen came running in with two photographs in hand, looking very anxious to display them in front of the chief. He saw her looking, and he broke into an infatuated grin then waved at her. He always had a thing for her, she thought—whatever her face had. She waved back and watched him knock on the chief’s door.

When she turned, she saw an fresh new intern come in with her head held high and her notebook in hand. How long had it been when she herself came in the same way.
    Once upon a time, this had been her dream. She had put everyone in her life on the sidelines to pursue the career. Over time, she lived very different lives and this remained a constant. Now it was time to give it up.

She opened the drawer and picked up her passport.

“Perry says you’re leaving.”

I drew a line,
    I drew a line for you,
    Oh what a thing to do,
    And it was all yellow.

Chloe looked up to see Clark Kent standing in front of her. “You can celebrate on your own time,” she retorted.

Clark shook his head. “Do I look like I’m celebrating?”

“Then why are you here?”

He sat down in front of her and shook his head. “I don’t understand why you’re so against me.” And then he gave a self-deprecating chuckle. “Alright I do. I did tell you that you killed your cousin.” Chloe watched the play of emotions on his face. “Would it help if I apologized and told me you that every action, every word, every glare—“

“Was because of Chloe?” she continued.

“No,” he answered. “They were all me,” he admitted. “But I was in mourning. I could have saved her, but I was too hurt to come for her myself.”

For you I'd bleed myself dry.

“I was so in love.” He smiled. “And I still believe she was going to come back to me if she hadn’t died.”

Chloe looked at Clark, suddenly with eyes that were uncertain. “Didn’t she make it clear that she didn’t love you?”

“When you’re in love…” his voice trailed off. “I think I’m going to have to start falling out.”

Look at the stars;
    Look how they shine for you,
    And all the things that you do.

Chloe stood up and walked around the desk. She stood on tiptoes and gave Clark a hug. “I guess it was a possibility. She always did think highly of you.”

“Hey I needed that. Thanks, Lois. Stay safe.”

“I will. And I’m sure I can always call you when I need you.”

“Always.”

And they were all yellow…

Two nights passed and an ocean between them, she was yet again another woman, another name. She wrapped the shawl even tighter around her body and quickened her pace. Streets at night, as peaceful as they were, hid dangers in every corner. One man had tried to kill her on the street once; it would not happen again. She had to be vigilant. There was no one else she could count on. Not anymore.

Chloe had to learn to live her life alone.

It was small payment for stealing another person’s life.
    tbc

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: See Into Me - R - Chloe, Lois, Clark, Lex (12th February 2008)

Oh Catheryne, this update was just so tragically beautiful.

Lex, Clark and even Chloe are in such deep mourning for the lives they once had.

I hope Lex decides to look for her, and Chloe tells him the truth. Maybe then they could have some peace.

Continued beautiful work on this story.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I'm glad she finally realized she can't pretend to be Lois anymore, but I hope Lex has finally caught on and will go find her. Also nice to see that Clark is coming to his senses.

Happy-ending addict Senior Member lexie's Avatar

OH, Catheryne! Does he know who she is or is it just make-believe for him? He gives her the lump of sugar so that she can have her coffee as she used to, right? Mm, but if he knows she is actually Chloe... how come he takes things so stoically? I know... I know... this is Lex we´re talking about but still... .

I loved the update and can´t wait for more.
    Thxs to beeej for the avi

A MASTER LIST OF ALL MY COMPLETED WORKS & WIPs w/PDFs

"PERMANENT" WIPs (UNLESS MY CHLEX MUSE AWAKENS AGAIN AND I GET A LONG-NEEDED CLONE OF MYSELF)

"Choices"May 30 '11

"At Second Sight" August 21 '11

PODFIC REQUESTS

INTERVIEW

VIDEOS

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

His breath hitched, because in his imagination he had transformed even her voice. ‘Chloe,’ brushed by in his mind’s voice. His eyebrows furrowed. His will had overcome his senses, and he could so happily fool his brain. He did not move, savoring that elusive moment when he was with her again, even if it was all make-believe.
    I loved how the chapter started with Lex savouring being with ‘Lois’, especially since he believes his poor muddled, desperate mind is transposing ‘Chloe’ on this woman he’s resting against. Poor Lex! He’s STILL continuing to sternly tell himself that any ‘resemblance’ he sees between Chloe and this woman is all just in his own head. But it’s amazing to see how intense his reaction is to the ‘illusion’. If only he knew it WASN’T al illusion. Poor Lex!

He felt her sigh against his body. He expected her to rise, extricate herself—maybe walk away to the bedroom and throw up in the toilet bowl. Instead, he felt her arms wrap even more tightly around him. He felt her burrow deeper into him and brush and butterfly kiss against his skin, right by his heart.

He tensed at the movement, and then he felt a small pool of warm liquid gather against his skin. He heard the muffled sound of a sniffle. He remained still.
    Heh. I wonder what Lex made of this reaction. Did he notice anything else ‘uniquely Chloe’ about this woman. Perhaps the way she brushed a butterfly kiss over his heart? Or just the way she nestled against him? I wonder what he made of her crying against him? Darnnit, Lex!!! All the clues are right THERE in front of you. You’ve even noticed all of them… STOP trying to rationalize them away!!!

His mind raced, wanting to do so much, yet at the same time wanting to remain there, sweeping her entire body with his eyes, looking at each shadow on her face. Lex picked up his coffee cup and sat right across from her at the table.

And that moment was heaven.
    I felt so, SO sure that Lex had finally put all the pieces together and formed a complete picture of truth and reality. That his study of Chloe’s face just now finally made him see that there was a good reason for all the weird resemblance that he kept noticing between his wife and this woman.

OR, if he didn’t realize it… it was very interesting seeing how Lex was consciously enjoying and savouring the company of this woman.

He stared at her lips, devoid of lipstick, and how the coffee clung to those lips like dark dew. She bit her bottom lip, and they were redder than he remembered, but not as red as the night before when he fed on them like berries.

She took a deep breath, and his eyes drifted down to her chest, full and lovely, but less than what they were when he ran his tongue over them.
    Seriusly, he’s luxuriating in everything about her. The way she’s sitting, sipping her coffee, biting her lip… the colour of her lips and skin, the memory of her breasts and figure. He’s looking at her like he’s in love with her!!!

Last night and all the other nights before.
    all the other nights before?!?! So he HAS figured it out?!?! He knows!!!??? Oh Heaven!!

She placed down her cup, and she looked up into his unwavering gaze. She said, “I have to go.”

His nod was sharp. “I know.”
    Yikes! If he knows, then why isn’t he saying anything? Perhaps it’s just wishful thinking on my part?
    BUT… perhaps he’s giving her space? That would actually be the most wonderful, generous and giving kind of thing Lex could ever do for Chloe… give her the CHOICE to come or go as she pleases, without pressuring her. Lex initially drove Chloe away by an appalling combination of being too neglectful and too controlling at the same time. It’s incredible how he managed that combination, but he did. So perhaps now he’s giving her all the attention she might need without being too demanding about what he wants from her?

That’s a wonderful, brave, generous move… IF that is what he’s doing? Oh please update so I’ll know, Catheryne!!!

She had to go.

There was no doubt about it, in her mind or his. The tears flowed freely and she sobbed until her body was racked with the emotion.

She could not have come at all, not have stepped in his house, not have returned to the same state. She learned early in life that she did not deserve the life she had fooled herself into believing she could still have.
    Poor Chloe! Poor thing! All she was doing was reclaiming what used to be her life… But she believes that she has forfeited all rights to it. She feels like a trespasser in her own shoes. How horrible a feeling that must be. How lost she must feel. Poor thing!

When she turned, she saw an fresh new intern come in with her head held high and her notebook in hand. How long had it been when she herself came in the same way.
    Once upon a time, this had been her dream. She had put everyone in her life on the sidelines to pursue the career. Over time, she lived very different lives and this remained a constant. Now it was time to give it up.
    Oh the poor, POOR lost soul. Now Chloe has cut herself away from the only thing that was providing her with a grounding sense of identity and purpose. What the heck is she supposed to anchor herself with now?!? I hope she’s not making a mistake in running away? It’s a good thing Perry was so sweet and understanding about the situation. He’s tough, but he’s going to allow his star reporter time all the time she needs to recover from… whatever she’s going through.

“I was so in love.” He smiled. “And I still believe she was going to come back to me if she hadn’t died.”

Chloe looked at Clark, suddenly with eyes that were uncertain. “Didn’t she make it clear that she didn’t love you?”

“When you’re in love…” his voice trailed off. “I think I’m going to have to start falling out.”
    I was also glad to see that Chloe and Clark had a reconciliation (of sorts) before she left for good. Here’s a whole new person for me to feel sorry for. I suppose a part of Chloe should be flattered that so many lives fell apart, and so many people went into mourning for her… But how can she take pleasure in knowing that she’s the cause of so many people suffering. So much guilt on the poor girl.

Chloe stood up and walked around the desk. She stood on tiptoes and gave Clark a hug. “I guess it was a possibility. She always did think highly of you.”

“Hey I needed that. Thanks, Lois. Stay safe.”

“I will. And I’m sure I can always call you when I need you.”

“Always.”
    I’m SO glad they parted as friends (kind of). It’s good to see that Chloe doesn’t have to worry about hatred from Clark at least.

The poor, confused, lost woman!!! I really don’t know whether she’s referring to Lois’s or her own former life as ‘the life that was stolen’. On one hand, she stole Lois’s identity, but then again, she tried to reclaim Chloe’s life upon her return. Chloe is suffering from massive guilt complexes on so many levels… no wonder the girl is a complete mess.

I really hope she manages to find some sense of self, or forgives herself for all the ‘sins’ she believes she committed. She made so many mistakes, and she hates herself for all of them. Perhaps she’ll be able to save herself, OR perhaps Lex will be able to find some way to help her?

I look forward to seeing how the next chapter goes. Good luck and Best Regards.

That was heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. You have the talent to bear emotions in your words. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece with us.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Hey Catheryne, I hope you are planning on updating this wonderful fic!

Please come back--SOON
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information