Closed Thread

Thread: No Deleting Policy (25th Sept. 06)

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

No Deleting Policy (25th Sept. 06)

No Deleting Policy

As of 25th of September 2006, no posts or threads will be deleted without the approval of an administrator or super moderator. If you have a valid reason as to why you want (all) your posts/threads deleted, then send the administrator and super moderator an PM asking for a delete, and include the reason (and of course what you want deleted! ). For an example, say you want to delete your fanfictions from the board. An unvalid reason would be "I want to delete them because I'm not getting too much feedback/I don't like the feedback I'm getting/etc". If you really want to delete your posts/threads, try to explain it as clear and precise as possible in your PM, and the administrator and super moderator will debate.

The reason this policy is being implemented is because there are too many users deleting their threads, for an example their fanfictions, because of "silly" reasons. When you first post something on a board, you should be man, (or woman,) enough to stand behind your post/thread.

Deleting threads/posts because of you've accidently managed to post it twice for an example is of course allowed. Just add in the reason why you've deleted the post/thread when you delete in the "reason for deleting field".

The administrator have easy access to deleted posts/threads, and will review each post/thread deleted, to see if it has a valid delete reason or not.

Posts/Threads deleted without a (valid) delete reason will be resurrected.

Post comments/questions here if you should have any!
    Last edited by Julie; 25th September 2006 at 13:45.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar

Re: No Deleting Policy (25th Sept. 06)

Jules, new policy noted.

So do we have to have an administrator do it for us or can we do it ourselves? It sounded initially like we were incapable of deleting the posts ourselves but then it sounds like we can do it ourselves but if we deleted something without a "good" reason you'd put it back up.

I've been deleting posts lately when the pic I'm trying to post doesn't show up but haven't been giving reason because...well...why would I since it isn't going to show up anyway but now maybe I have to explain that as well?

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reese View Post
    So do we have to have an administrator do it for us or can we do it ourselves? It sounded initially like we were incapable of deleting the posts ourselves but then it sounds like we can do it ourselves but if we deleted something without a "good" reason you'd put it back up.

I've been deleting posts lately when the pic I'm trying to post doesn't show up but haven't been giving reason because...well...why would I since it isn't going to show up anyway but now maybe I have to explain that as well?
    Reese, sorry for not answering this sooner. I had forgotten I had put an "approval of post" mode on the forum because of the morons who spammed it not long ago and didn't see your post before now!

There are three types of deleting here;

Soft deleting, which you all can do. Soft deleting does not really remove the post completely, I and the mods can still see it, but the other users cannot. It's this soft deleting I'm talking about. You can still soft delete yourself, but for the post to truly go away, an admin/mod has to hard delete it.

Hard deleting, is something only I and the mods can do. This really deletes the post/thread from the database.

Pruning, does the same as hard deleting, except it doesn't lower the post count of the user.

Are you thinking of problems with image appearing in quotes, or in general? In quotes you can set whether or not you want the image to appear in your UserCP. This was implemented to make the pages load faster for those on slower connections. What it does is, when the post with the image is quoted, it removes the IMG tags, and replaces them with URL, making it just a simple url that people can click on to see the image.

Other reasons why the image isn't showing up might have something to do with hotlinking restrictions on the site you're borrowing the image from, or an incorrect image format.

Instead of trying to post a new post each time, and soft deleting, simply edit your post. If you're having troubles, send me a PM and I'll take a look at it
    Last edited by Julie; 25th September 2006 at 23:36.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Closed Thread

Thread Information