+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Suggestions

Re: General Suggestions

Hi Julie,
    I have a suggestion regarding the Lurker status. My Internet Explorer had NS opened in one of the tabs and kept signing me in everyday. Which meant I got kicked into lurker status, again, for failing to post. This leads me to a quick suggestion: since getting out of lurker mode involves us posting, can we have a temporary access to the fanfiction forum (i.e. 5 page count) in order to be able to post? And a warning informing us of this countdown would be helpful. Because being kicked out from the start sort of makes it hard to post and avoid being a Lurker
    Thanks for considering this.

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASCH View Post
    Hi Julie,
    I have a suggestion regarding the Lurker status. My Internet Explorer had NS opened in one of the tabs and kept signing me in everyday. Which meant I got kicked into lurker status, again, for failing to post. This leads me to a quick suggestion: since getting out of lurker mode involves us posting, can we have a temporary access to the fanfiction forum (i.e. 5 page count) in order to be able to post? And a warning informing us of this countdown would be helpful. Because being kicked out from the start sort of makes it hard to post and avoid being a Lurker
    Thanks for considering this.
    Hi MASCH,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, you message got stuck in the moderation queue

How many times you sign in/out doesn't affect the lurker mode. It only kicks in when you haven't posted something in a while. This is something the system does automatically, by scanning all users who are either inactive or haven't posted in a while. I'm afraid there's no way to give lurkers a temporary access to the fanfiction forums, it's either all of nothing, that's the way the hack was coded and designed.

When you haven't posted in 25 days or more, there will be a notice (in yellow) notifying you that you're in danger of getting marked as a lurker.

I hope this answers your suggestions

Julie
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

NS Junior Member

Hi,

As I've been on vacation for over 30 days and not been online (internet access was sporadic and snails pace at best), I was reassigned to the lurker group.

I do like this rule and I think its brilliant. I was wondering if it was possible to get email notification before becoming a lurker. I know there is a notice but that's only if you visit and enter the site.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by niala85 View Post
    Hi,

As I've been on vacation for over 30 days and not been online (internet access was sporadic and snails pace at best), I was reassigned to the lurker group.

I do like this rule and I think its brilliant. I was wondering if it was possible to get email notification before becoming a lurker. I know there is a notice but that's only if you visit and enter the site.

Thanks.
    At the moment I'm afraid no. I'll keep my eye out for a feature like this!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Hi what happen to the chlex headings ?

Quote Originally Posted by relizabeth View Post
    Hi what happen to the chlex headings ?
    Hi, first of all, sorry it took so long to get your post approved!

Second, I just haven't had the time to sit down and look at it :/ I've been swamped at work, and I just don't have much energy left when I get home from work

It's a whole new system that I have to learn first, but it's on my ToDo list

Quote Originally Posted by niala85 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks.
    that's a good idea (unlurking now!)

Hello! Its been a long time since I visited this site.
    And I was just browsing through the GRAVEYARD FICS section, and was wondering why the fics there were not updated because some of them are real interresting and amazing.
    I hope the authors will find some inspiration to continue their story. And wish all of them the best of luck.

P.S: I didn't know where to post this so, I hope that its alright that I posted it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis09 View Post
    Hello! Its been a long time since I visited this site.
    And I was just browsing through the GRAVEYARD FICS section, and was wondering why the fics there were not updated because some of them are real interresting and amazing.
    I hope the authors will find some inspiration to continue their story. And wish all of them the best of luck.

P.S: I didn't know where to post this so, I hope that its alright that I posted it here.
    The stories that end up in the graveyard section are fanfictions that haven't been updated for 5 or more months, and in most cases they end up being not updated at all because either the author has lost interest, or the author isn't a member here any more.

Hello!
    I just have a tiny question. Have you considered having a mobile version of the forum?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information