+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Angels Fear To Tread (NC-17)

NS Full Member
    hmy: Oh my God, what a shocker! She's been playing him all this time? I never expected that; I just thought she wanted his body like most red blooded women... and quite a few men. Yeah, I'm going to need that next chapter now! I can't wait to see how Lex deals with Chloe.

vardaquareien
    Just a Guest!
    Wow, I luv this fic - just so you know I started reading it at ff.net and registered here just so I could read the smut! Blackmailing Chloe is a unique twist, I like it. Lex's reaction shows how much he cares for her - he's really hurt and shutting himself off. I hope that he can open up to her again once the parasite comes out!!! Post more soon!

NS Full Member
    Hey people! This is it, last chapter. :crygreen: I'm really sad 'cos its been so much fun to write, and everyone has been really great about commenting and encouraging me! There's an epilogue coming soon, so its not quite over, plus of course the sequel in development! Hope you like this chapter, its one of my favorites, just 'cos I'm a sucker for bittersweet angsty stuff!

This also includes my little tribute to "Identity", a top film that I saw in the cinema recently. Muchos kudos if you get the references! xxx

Chapter 10

The motel was one of the old fashioned kind, the kind that had had its heyday in the fifties and sixties before freeways took all the passing trade away. It had become the sort of place that Jerry Springer guests saved up and took their sisters to for a romantic getaway from the trailer park, the sort of place that wasn’t too proud to charge by the hour. A place that asked no questions and told no secrets. Unless your name was Lex Luthor.

Over the years he had had dealings with a number of unsavory characters, men and women that had sidled into Smallville, trying to be inconspicuous, and who had turned up on his doorstep hoping to sell information or to blackmail him. As such, on more than one occasion he had been to this seedy motel, or spoken to its occupants by telephone. When the number flashed up on his call ID, he immediately knew where Chloe was hiding.

Sitting in his black Jaguar, tucked away just in front of the office, Lex debated whether to turn around and drive back home. Call Clark on the way and send him in to do his usual rescue routine. Carefully, he stripped off his leather driving gloves, pulling each finger in turn, and laid them on the seat beside him.

He’d been furious with Clark, and he hadn’t known why immediately. It had only dawned on him as he’d driven to the motel, cold fury pushing the car to even more than his usual breakneck speed, that he didn’t want Chloe to be acting the way she did because she was infected with something. Even though she’d tried to blackmail him. He’d responded to her so strongly because she was beautiful, intelligent and feisty. Those were all her own characteristics, they weren’t created by any parasite, and when all of this was over, she would still be the girl who was his equal in every way that mattered.

But that didn’t change the fact that she’d only wanted him because of an alien thing inside her body. Even worse, she’d only wanted him for his money, the characteristic he came across most often, and liked the least, in all the women he met. Even if he were to pursue her after she recovered, he would never be able to trust her again.

With a small sigh, Lex opened the car door and slid out, black coat swirling behind him as he headed for the motel office.

“Mr Luthor.” The greasy-haired rat of a man practically rubbed his hands together when he saw Lex push through the door.

“Larry.”

“What can I do for you tonight....” his eyes darted around, watching Lex’s hand as he pulled out a fat black wallet. “sir?”

“A friend of mine checked in tonight. Blonde girl, about so tall. Pretty.”

“Hmm, blonde girl, blonde girl. I don’t seem to recall...” Larry mused vaguely, all the time watching Lex draw a few bills from the wallet and slide them across the desk. “Ah, yes, sir! She checked in late, wanted a TV in her room. I managed to get her one.” he licked his lips slightly, a movement that didn’t escape Lex’s notice.

“I need to see her, Larry. She and I have urgent business.”

“Oh no, Mr Luthor. I couldn’t let you disturb the young... lady.” Lex slid a wad of notes his way. “Of course if it were an *emergency*...”

“Of course.”

“Well then. You’d better follow me.” Taking the spare key for room number six, the little man led Lex through and out of the back door of the office. Stopping outside the right door, he gave Lex the key and a significant look, before returning to his warm desk. Lex stood in front of the door momentarily. Using one finger he pushed the number on the door back up to its rightful position, before letting it swing back down into the nine it had become. As quietly as possible, he slipped the key into the lock and turned the handle.

She lay sleeping under a blanket of indeterminate color, arms flung above her head, face turned towards the door. Flickering colours from the TV set provided the only light in the room and dyed her skin a variety of vibrant shades. Closing the door behind him, Lex sat on the bed next to her and watched her for a moment. It seemed like weeks ago that he’d looked at her like this, way back before he’d carried her to his room. She slept in that careless way that little children have, hair mussed and mouth slightly open. Letting out the breath that he hadn’t realised he’d been holding, he took hold of her upper arm so she couldn’t run.

“Chloe.” she stirred and turned over, cheek laying against his hand. “Chloe. Wake up.” Eyelids fluttered halfway open, and the forehead creased.

“What.” the word was a half moan, almost inarticulate.

“Wake up Chloe, we need to go somewhere.” Gentle, yet firm. He didn’t want her to have time to work out that he was supposed to be angry with her.

“Lex?”

“Yes, Chloe. Come on now. Get dressed.” Releasing her arm, he began to grab random items of clothing and throw them onto the bed.

“Lex, I had such a funny dream about you.” Chloe began to pull on her clothes. Her voice was normal, gentle, suffused with sleep. If he could just keep her half asleep like this then the whole thing would be easy. It obviously took a while for whatever was in her to wake up.

“You’re still dreaming, honey.” The endearment had slipped out all too easily, and yet he couldn’t remember the last time he’d used one.

“Well, that explains a lot. Even though you don’t usually tell me to get dressed in my dreams.” That gave him pause for a moment, but he shrugged the comment off. Now that she was dressed, he pulled her upright against himself, tucking his arm around her waist and letting her head droop onto his shoulder. “You smell nice.” Chloe said happily, snuggling against him.

“We’re going for a drive now.” He allowed himself the luxury of kissing her briefly on the top of her head, reminding himself sternly that there would be no more of this kind of nonsense in the morning. Carefully, he walked her to the car and strapped her in.

“But my things, my car...”

“It doesn’t matter. Its a dream, remember.”

“Oh yeah. Silly me. I keep forgetting...” The motion of the car soon lulled her back to sleep. Lex drove with grim determination to Smallville hospital, anger and an as yet indefinable emotion turning his knuckles white. Pulling up outside the hospital, he undid her seat belt, then walked around the car to pick her up. Just as he’d gathered her in his arms, the only ambulance in Smallville suddenly started its siren and roared past them, rendering Chloe very much awake.

“Lex?” The question turned to realisation and she started trying to wriggle free of his arms. “Let me go! Put me the fuck down!” People were turning and staring now, undoubtedly wondering what the evil, nefarious millionaire had done to poor little Chloe Sullivan. Lex tightened his grip and reflected grimly that if they knew the real story, they would probably still find some way to make it his fault. Backing through the hospital doors, he shouted at the nearest orderly.

“Come here. This girl has some kind of infection that has affected her mind. She needs immediate attention.” The orderly gaped as Chloe kicked and screamed.

“I hate you! Let me go.” Tears of frustration welled in her eyes, and she lashed out, dragging sharp nails across his cheek to leave livid red marks. A couple of drops of blood started to form in the scratches. “I hate you! Everyone hates you! I’m going to get you for this!” Hysteria made her voice high, unnatural, and her face twisted in anguish.

“She may need to be restrained. Well, don’t just stand there!” The orderly swallowed, nodded, and motioned Lex over to a bed he could put Chloe on. He watched her being wheeled away, still screaming out threats and imprecations. Not a flicker of pain or emotion had shown on his face throughout, and turning, he pushed through the double doors of the hospital into the darkness beyond.

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    If you hadn't already said an epilogue and a sequel were on the way I would have to start bugging you for one. Good job. So sad though. Can't wait to see how you get them together and get Lex to trust in Chloe.

What a plot twist!!! Please add that epilogue soon. I want to see that Chloe is ok and that he makes everything all right between them.

:chlexsign4:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh wow that was sad. :crygreen: why?

Hope :huh:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Okay, catching up on my fic reading since I've been gone - and now I want more. Like right now. I'm serious. I don't care what you need to do to get the epilogue and the sequel up post haste, but you need to do it and you need to do it quick.

NS Full Member
    The epilogue is ready now, right? Otherwise, I may just have to get a posse and track you down. Please give us more soon, I want to see how Real Chloe reacts.

Blue

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    *crawls into sabby's arms with a pout* why isn't this in the angst forum? *sniffles* and that epilogue better be damn good too!

~B

lunaluthor
    Just a Guest!
    so sa that this lovely fic is getting to an end btw I want a very happy end :biggrin:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information