+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laughter Out of Dead Bellies, PG-13

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: Laughter Out of Dead Bellies, PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by somethingeasy
    One of the most chilling and thrilling stories I have had the pleasure of reading. I always enjoyed watching Evil Lex Incarnate come out of his shell and strut around without remorse, second-thoughts or self-doubt.The way you described the entire Destroy Superman Campaign was just amazing. First having Lex start a highly aggressive smear campaign to destroy poor Clark's reputation, before finally delivering the death-blow to the super-hero...

And quite an amazing death-blow it was too. Dismembering Superman into thousands of teenie-tiny pieces 'just to be safe'. So incredibly creepy, and yet quite sound reasoning

Also loved the picture you painted of Lex's staff. You managed to convey a very detailed snap-shot of the secretary and the general in just a few, short sentences. Amazing writing!

And, quite honestly, I was actually expecting the whole 'locking Chloe up in a safe-room against her will'. But you still managed to take my breath away with the scene. Everything was just so scary, sad and frightening, and was made just slightly, marginally better by what seemed like a sincere apology.

Please don't let this be the end. please write more... a sequel... a prequel... ANY-thing. I just want more evil Lex
    i couldn't but it better myself.

Gah.

(I was just going to quote somethingeasy's entire feedback post but starmoon got to it first and "gah" is as eloquent as I can be at this moment.*shrugs sheepishly*)

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Hi sylvia, I saw you click on this story so I reread it. I'd almost forgotten about it. But, wow, it's bleak and powerful. And Lex's blurted apology got me again. Really good stuff.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Hey Zannie, it's been a while since I've had time to wander around this fandom - I stopped watching Smallville ages ago, it got too awful, and then Real Life got on top of me, etc. But it's great to see that you're still writing and coming up with such wonderful stories - I think I'll always associate the Chlex pairing with your distinctive style. I've just finished 'Reconciliation' and it was like coming home.

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia View Post
    Hey Zannie, it's been a while since I've had time to wander around this fandom - I stopped watching Smallville ages ago, it got too awful, and then Real Life got on top of me, etc. But it's great to see that you're still writing and coming up with such wonderful stories - I think I'll always associate the Chlex pairing with your distinctive style. I've just finished 'Reconciliation' and it was like coming home.
    Hey there! Thanks for responding and for your kind words. I actually dropped out of Chlex too until recently, when I had a (temporary) relapse into Chlex writing. But we miss you around here. I always loved your feedback and your stories. Didn't you have a Lana-bashing story you were working on at some point? I remember it as being hilarious and somehow associeted with "pink." I should probably look it up.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Sad and dark! Great fic!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information