+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Tasha, Esther, and John - "Learning The Truth" (PG-13)

NS Full Member

For Tasha, Esther, and John - "Learning The Truth" (PG-13)

This is dedicated to two friends on this site---Esther, Tasha, hope I did you two proud, and one friend not on this site, John, who loves Chloe as much as we do---as we all do. Enjoy.

Title: For Tasha, Esther, and John - "Learning The Truth"

Author: PMD

e-mail: mary.davidson@sympatico.ca

Rating: PG-13 (some language)

Category: Friendship, Chlex, Chloe's POV, AU

Spoilers: Anything is fair game in Smallville.

Summary: Chloe sees it's time for Lex to know the truth.

Disclaimer: To whomever owns Smallville, its characters, and Oedipus, I'm just borrowing them, will give them back, not making any money with their use in this piece, so don't sue me.

Archive: At BAFsFF, BtS, BT2, Electricchlex, MD, N.S. Forums, and SPP, for the time being. If anybody else wants it, all they have to do is ask.

Author Notes: This is dedicated to a talk Tasha and I had one night---so this is for you, Tasha. And for Esther, who lives to read Chlex---and is my human muse, as much as Tasha is. And for John, who enjoys a kick butt Chloe. Enjoy.

For Tasha, Esther, and John - Learning The Truth - by PMD

Prologue: Learning the truth is almost as hard as telling the truth.

~

Chloe's Room - Metro University

I sigh, reading the same line over again. Where is my head? Oh right---thinking about what stuff I need to buy tomorrow for the little bathroom off my dorm room.

I was lucky---I got an end one with a bathroom, thanks in part to my friend, Lex Luthor. Comes in handy to have somebody like that---he can't buy me jewels or furs, but a little bribery with the university---give a few computers, and voila---you don't have to share a bathroom or a dorm room.

I hear a knock at the door. Goodbye peace for a while.

"Lana, I said no. I don't want to be your roommate---the only reason you want to be here is that I have a bathroom to myself," I state, walking towards the door.

I open it and gasp.

"Lex?"

"I'm not---La---Lan---a girl."

"I can see that. However, you are snookered."

"I'm ineb---Inebr----I'm drunk."

"I know. I just said that," I state.

"Let me in."

I step away and allow him to stagger in.

"Please tell me you didn't drive over here. You are dangerous enough driving sober."

"No, Mommy---I didn't drive over. I took a ta--tax---I took a cab."

I stand there, glaring at him for a moment, for that remark. I am not his Mommy---I'm just his friend----hell, I want to be more than his friend and that remark is too----ewwwwww. But now is not the time.

I see him teeter a bit and run over, leading him to my bed.

"Not now, I've got a head---heada---my head hurts," he quips.

Even drunk, he's got the verbal bug, I think, as I lay him down on the mattress.

I sit down, taking off his shoes and look at the man. He's so sad and lonely---does he even have somebody to call in the middle of the night.

"Lex?"

He looks over at me. "What?"

"Are you okay?"

"No---I'm drunk."

"Why?"

"Because it's fun to be drunk."

"Lex---don't lie to me."

He sits up with a groan and I get closer to him, touching his head.

"You mean like Clark has been lying to me for years," he states, starting to sober up.

I move away too quickly because he sobers more and has this look on his face for a moment---oh please, don't let him know I know.

The look quickly goes, replaced by a goofy smile.

"I know the sec---the---well, you know."

"What?" I ask, a little nervous.

"You and Clark slept together."

I roll my eyes. "No we didn't."

He leans over, groaning again. Then he pats my hand. "Its okay, Chloe---everybody falls for the Flannel King---who wears a skirt."

I snort at him and then think, Oh my God, this was my way out---why didn't I take it.

He stares at me again and then his eyes widen, now sober again. "You know the secret!"

He winces at his voice and falls back onto the pillow. He turns away from me and sniffs at it.

"You smell wonderful. No wonder he told you and not me---he probably doesn't like my aftershave."

I watch him snuggle into the bed and pull the twin pillow closer. Then he turns towards me.

"Chloe?"

"Yes, Lex?"

"What's his secret?" he asks, with a little boy smile.

"I---"

"You can't tell me."

He looks away again and I can feel the hurt coming off him in waves. Damn Clark---with all his secrets. I hate him at this moment---knowing how much in pain a friend is now---my friend---his so-called friend.

I wouldn't wish this secret on anybody but when it causes this much pain---

I get up and he turns to look at me. "Lex, I'll be back. I have to make a call."

"You don't trust me either---Clark doesn't---you don't. I guess I don't deserve friends. I'll be all by myself until the end of time."

He turns away again and I feel the tears in my eyes.

I touch his back and he turns towards me again--the sad look in his eyes.

"Lex, if it was my secret to tell, I'm not even sure if I would."

"Because you don't trust me," he states, turning away again.

"No!"

He cringes and I wished I hadn't talked so loudly. Still he turns back and looks at me, expectedly.

"Because it's a burden I wouldn't want to share with anybody."

"Chloe---it's a burden that probably is better shared."

I stare at him, seeing the drunkenness gone now. He's right---the more people who know, the better to protect Clark.

I sit down, holding onto his hand. "Lex, I'm going to make a phone call---and yes, I trust you to do it here but---"

"---the noise might be too hard for me to handle when you yell at Clark?"

"You think I'm going to yell at him?"

"Sometimes, that's the only way to get through to him," he states.

I pat his hand. "Yes, you're right."

He quirks an eyebrow and gives me a classic Lex smirk. "I'm right?"

"Law of averages, dude. Don't let it go to your head. And please, don't throw up on the bed---I don't want to be known for the stinky place to sleep."

He smiles and then groans again. "It hurts to smile."

"I know---now remember this the next time you think about getting drunk."

"I will."

He turns again, his face in my pillow. "You smell nice---you wear nice perfume, Chloe."

I smile as I get up. "Better than Lana's cologne?"

He turns towards me again. "Lana got hers from Clark---I gave you this."

"True---you have better taste in perfume than Clark's cologne for Lana."

He smiles and turns away from me again, mumbling.

I smile and then my face turns serious---a woman on a mission am I. I know the truth---now to have Lex learning the truth from Clark.

~

Talking To Clark

I close the door quietly behind me and take out my cell phone.

"Hey, Chloe!"

I look down the corridor and see Clark leaving Lana's room. I sigh and walk towards him.

"Clark, we need to talk, now!"

"What's wrong?"

I take his arm and pull him away from her dorm room. "Clark, we need to talk now and someplace private."

"Your room?"

"Not possible."

"We can't go into Lana's---she's going to bed."

"Hmmmmm---"

I look around and then smile. "The broom closet," I state, dragging him along with me.

He opens the door and we walk in. I turn on the light, just before I close the door behind us.

He looks at me, expectedly and I sigh.

"Clark, you have to tell Lex."

"Tell Lex what?"

"Oh, please, Clark. Dense doesn't become a fairly smart alien."

"Chloe, you don't want me to tell him that I'm an alien?" he growls at me.

"Yes. Clark, please, you have to tell him."

"I don't trust him like I used to, Chloe."

"Well, I do and you know he can be a good ally against his father and others."

"But the room."

"Listen, Kent. Get over the room, will you. You forgave me for looking into your adoption---can't you do the same for him."

"But---"

"No buts---Clark, there is a man in my room right now, very unhappy because his best friend doesn't trust him, as much as he trusts his best friend."

"But---"

"You tell him or I will!"

He glares at me. "Don't threaten me, Chloe."

"Who said it was a threat---this is a promise."

I let out a sigh and turn away from him.

"Clark---you didn't see him---he's lost. Please, tell him."

I hear a deep sigh from him and then feel his hand on my shoulder. He turns me around and I find myself in his arms.

"Are you sure?" he whispers.

"Yes."

He backs away, looking in my eyes. His widen. "You love him."

"What---no!"

He laughs. "Yes you do."

I let out a sigh and give him a small grin.

"Keep that a secret will you, Kent."

"Well, you are keeping mine," he laughs.

I roll my eyes. "Like I want to be in a rubber room. I mean crazy runs in my family."

He smiles and turns serious again. "You really think he'll protect me?"

"Clark, did he ever know before?"

He nods. "Yes, when he went crazy---but he forgot, thanks to his father."

I snort. "You mean, Lionel under-minded himself. Oh, that's rich."

Then I gasp, remembering how Lex searched for those 7 weeks of lost time and I feel the tear going down my cheek.

He pulls me back into his arms. "Its okay---we'll tell him together."

We back away and I smile. "Clark, to answer your question---he'll protect you. He might be a little pissed that you didn't tell him till now but I'll smooth that over."

"With your wit and a kiss?"

I roll my eyes again and open the door. "Yeah, right---like the kiss will happen."

He shuts off the light and closes the door after us.

"Well, you persuaded me with a kiss once upon a time."

I turn around. "Clark, I was trying to get the awkwardness of our relationship out of the way, not---"

"---seduce me?"

"Ewwwwww."

I shiver and he looks at me. "I'm that bad of a kisser?"

"Only to the wrong person, being me. I'm sure Lana enjoys them---course she does have somebody to rate it against and who knows, maybe she's just being nice when she says she enjoys your kisses."

"Jerkette."

I smile at him and turn towards my room.

"Clark?"

"Yes?"

"She does love you---as much as I think I love Lex."

"I know---let's go face the music, shall we?"

He entwines his arm in mine and we walk the last yards to truth, justice, and being forgiven---at least, I hope so.

~

Truth Being Told

I open the door to my room and we walk in, to a man with his eyes closed.

"Lex?" I ask.

He opens his eyes and sits up on the bed.

"I see you found Clark."

I nod.

"So, Clark, are you my friend or my enemy?" he asks bluntly.

I look at Clark. He gives me a slight smile and walks over to Lex.

"Lex, I was never your enemy---but I wasn't much of a friend either, was I?"

"Well, Chloe picked up the slack. Although, she's not that great at pool," he quips.

"Yeah, because of my teacher---you," I quip back.

He gives me a smirk and then looks back at Clark.

"So, what's the big secret, Clark? You're adopted---wait, of course we all know that. Hmmmmmm----you're really 45 and just age well. No---you wouldn't be having such a bad time with girlfriends---only a teenager has it so rough. Okay---I give---what is it?"

You should talk, Lex, I think.

Clark sits beside Lex and I stand, watching them staring at each other---daring the other to blink. Finally Lex looks at me.

"Clark's secret is he's a mime?" he questions me.

"Clark---remember---you tell or I," I tell him.

"Wow, must be big for Chloe to give you an ultimatum."

"Lex!" I state.

"What?"

"Play nice and you might get a treat."

He raises his eyebrow and then looks back at Clark. "Okay---let's get this over with, shall we."

Clark sighs and then:

"Lex, I'm in love with Chloe."

I roll my eyes and then gasp---seeing what--jealousy in Lex's eyes. It's there for a split second until it's replaced with a spark of humor.

"Nice try, Kent. I know for a fact that Lana is the only apple of your eyes---sorry, Chloe," he states.

"Its okay---I've learned to live with the disappoint," I quip.

He chuckles at that and then grimaces. "Ouch---please, don't make me laugh. I might be more sober than I was coming in but now---"

"---your head is hurting. Sorry, Lex."

Then we both look at Clark again, who's smiling.

"I knew it!"

"What?" we both ask.

"You two do like each other, like I like Lana."

"Clark, you're stalling," Lex states.

We both glare at him now until he finally says:

"Lex, I'm not from around here."

"I know that---where are you from---another state?"

He shakes his head.

"Another country?"

He shakes his head.

"Clark---there is no other place."

"Yes there is---another planet."

His eyes widen and then he smirks. "Tell me something I don't know."

"What?" Clark and I state together.

He gets off the bed and stands beside me, looking down at Clark.

"I did get back some of my memories, Clark. And one of them was remembering you were an alien."

"So, why did you ask me about his secret, Lex? You have to know that the only thing worth keeping secret about him was that." I ask him.

"Testing your loyalty and love for a fellow person," he answers.

I hit him on the arm. "You asshole---you came into my room drunk as a skunk and I was so worried about you and how you reacted to not knowing that I actually told Clark to tell you or I would tell you, because you were supposedly hurting with the not knowing. And it was a test of loyalty and love---for a fellow person?"

He turns to Clark. "How does she do that?"

"What?" he asks.

"Talk without taking a breath."

"Practice."

"Haha."

Clark gets up and stands in front of Lex. "I'm sorry I didn't acknowledge this to you until now, Lex. It's just that---"

"---you didn't trust me when I looked into you those times. And there is the case of my father too---however, I'm thinking, Aliens are here might get him into a padded room."

"That's true."

"Friends, Clark?"

He looks at him and then at me. "All three of us? You do forgive me, right, Chloe?"

"I'll think about it," I gripe.

"Come on, Chlo---he played us both---but I think it's a good play. And if he can fool us, he can fool anybody---hence keep the secret, a secret."

"All right---if I must. I forgive you, you jerk."

Lex snorts and Clark just laughs. Then, Lex turns a nice shade of green.

"Ahhhhh----I think I'm going to be sick."

He runs towards my washroom.

"Serves you right," I yell after him.

~

For Love, I Would Do Anything

We hear the unmistakable sound of somebody losing the drinks he'd been drinking and I look at Clark, with sympathy.

"Guess this is worse on your super hearing, eh, dude?"

He grimaces and then smiles. "Yeah but what kinda friend would I be if I turned my back on a friend in need."

"True---but there is such a thing as cruel and unusual punishment. Go, Clark---I'll handle it from here."

"You sure?"

We hear another heave and I see him grimace again. "Yeah, I'm sure. Go."

He leans over and kisses me on the cheek. "You're a good friend, Chloe."

He backs away. "Yeah, I know. Now go."

He turns towards the door and leaves. Then I look at the bathroom door and sigh---here goes something---thank goodness I have a strong stomach.

I walk into the room, thinking, for love, I would do anything---including this.

He's leaning over the toilet, looking a little less green.

"I will never do this again," he groans.

"Well, not tonight at least," I state.

He looks up at me. "Guess you've seen me at my best and worst now---and you're not running away."

I kneel before him. "Love means staying by the person, no matter what."

He gives me a shocked look and then leans over, heaving again. Great---well, he was drinking---don't take it personally, Chloe.

I rub his back as he does this and I sense him letting out some of the tenseness.

"You okay?"

He backs away. "What do you think?" he snaps at me.

"Hey, I can leave you alone to your misery, Alex."

He lets out a sigh and flushes the toilet. We both get up and he sits on it, pulling me onto his lap.

"I'm sorry---just that when a woman says she loves you, you're not supposed to throw up."

"Only if you've been drinking, dude. I forgive you, by the way."

He gives me that little boy smile again which turns sexy in about 5 seconds. He leans into me and we're about to kiss when I pull away.

"What?" he asks, in confusion.

"Morning breath doesn't even come close to your barf breath, dude. No kiss until you have washed out your mouth and tongue. And brushed your teeth too."

I get up and stare at a very pale man. I let out a sigh. "And no sex until you get your strength back either. And tell me you at least like me."

He gets up and pulls me into his arms. "No sex ever and I do love you."

I smile into his chest and then back away. "Good---cause I don't do sex anymore---I don't do it any less---"

"Leave me to getting ready for that kiss will you. And stop cracking jokes."

I snicker at him and place a kiss on his cheek before I leave the room, happier than when I went in.

~

Rest At Last

I've changed into my nightie and am under the covers when he comes out, only in his underwear---his chest---well, that answers a question---no hair anywhere---well, one last place to look but he is tired.

I lift the covers and he gets in, pulling me close.

"Sorry about the no-sex rule tonight, Chloe. I'm just too tired."

"We're never going to have sex, Luthor," I quip.

He backs away. "Waiting for a better offer, I see," he gives it back to me.

"No---we'll have fun in bed---just not sex---we'll be making love instead."

He lets out an audible sigh and pulls me back again.

"Wait!"

"Chloe---don't yell. My head still hurts."

"Didn't you take pain medication in there?"

"Yes, but it takes a while. So, why the wait?"

I pull away and lean up. "You didn't give me my good night kiss," I pout.

He gives me a grin. "So, sue me."

"Geez, Lex, you would think women were only interested in you for your money. But you know, I could use a new laptop."

"Done."

"Lex, I'm kidding."

"I know---so was I."

"You know, I don't think I want to kiss you now."

I turn away from him and smile---here it comes, the Luthor---I don't like being rejected scene.

"Chloe?"

"Yes?"

"Come here."

Short version but just as good.

I turn to him and lean up, touching my lips to his and I feel like I could run as fast as Clark.

He pulls me closer until I'm on top of him and know, one part of him is ready but the rest is tired.

He then licks my lips and squeezes my butt, causing me to open up and allow his clean tongue into my mouth.

We duel for a bit until I hear a tired sigh from him and I back away.

"Sleep first, and then fun."

"Yes, Mother," he quips.

"Lex have you got an Oedipus complex for your dead mother?"

"No---just like to see that spark of irritation from you."

"Oh really? Well, not tonight, dear. I have a boyfriend who's very tired and needs his sleep time---just to keep up with me."

He gives me a tired grin and a quick peck on the lips before I get off and snuggle into him.

My last thought as I drift off to sleep is that learning the truth is sometimes as hard as telling it. But in this case, it's the best thing to have been done---from Lex's truth to Clark's acknowledging the truth he knew. And my truth, of loving Lex, as much as he loves me.

The End.

Re: For Tasha, Esther, and John - "Learning The Truth" (PG-13)

vey sweet and nice good work

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Aww, thanks, hon!! I know I already told you about a billion times, but I flove Drunk!Lex. <g> He's just adorable. I loved it!! Thanks again, sweetie!!!

It's true!! Lex was adorable in this story, and to think he already knew Clark was not of this world and he was just checking Chloe's loyalty and Clark's friendship with him. It was a cute, adorable lovely story!

Aww, such a cute fic, good job with it.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"The only way to get ideas for stories is to drink way too much coffee and buy a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it..."
    -- Douglas Noel Adams

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

very sweet and funny i really like it.

Maybe too fast getting together of Chlex, but great view of Clark and Lex...

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

That was awesome! Loved it! Very cute!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information