+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hidden in the Shadows (R)

Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 9 12/6/06 SV/SN (PG-13/R)

great fic i love Dean and Sam

impalalove
    Just a Guest!

Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 9 12/6/06 SV/SN (PG-13/R)

This is so cool, because I'm a crossover junkie and really love SN/SV crossovers, so I'm waiting patiently (or not) for the next update!

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Hidden in the Shadows SV/SN (R) Chapter 10 2/10/06

Notes: I just looked at the last time I updated this and WOW its been a long time. Life can really get in the way but I have an update finally. Thank to the new readers and on with the chapter.

Chapter 10 Natural

Sitting in the old hotel Chloe couldn’t do anything but watch Lex. She was sitting in the same chair Lex was in when she woke, now it was her turn to watch him. He was out since Jun last appeared and after two hours of sitting it didn’t look like he was going to wake up.

“We have to do something?” Chloe could hear Sam whisper to Dean behind her.

They were standing behind her pacing, wondering what to do just like she was. Chloe called their room and they both came bursting in to find her on the ground with Lex in her arms. Chloe went through the order of events while they moved him to the bed. Then noticed she was nearly naked and rushed to put on some clothes.

Now they were just standing there while Chloe sat panicking more then ever. She hadn’t saved her mother and now Lex was hurt. Her gift couldn’t save Moira or Lex and it wasn’t going to save her self.

“We need to question the mother.” She heard Dean whisper to Sam.

Chloe was tired of them plotting behind her, as if she wasn’t there, and spoke while keeping her eyes on Lex who was sound asleep. “You don’t have to whisper; tell me what we’re going to do.”

“Chloe, we will handle it from here.” She felt Sam touch her shoulder and nudged him away.

If they thought they were going to handle it they were wrong. So far, Chloe let them handle it and now Lex was hurt. She breathed in, stood up and faced them. “You have been handling everything so far and look where we are. Look at him.” She motioned behind her with her hand making her point.

“Chloe you need to calm down.” Dean tried to move toward her but she backed away from him.

“Don’t tell me what to do; Lex has been like this for two hours. You are going to tell me what “We” are going to do about this and not what “You” are going to do about it. This is my ghost and I will be apart of sending her ass right to hell.” Breathing out the fire inside her Chloe didn’t know what she was doing but the boys did.

The look in their eyes was one of shock as she stood there yelling at them. “What?!” Chloe shouted at them both.

Sam moved towards her slowly putting his hands on her arms. “Dean is right you should calm down.” He motioned her to look to her side then stepped back and Chloe didn’t expect to see what she did.

She was so wrapped in her anger that she didn’t realize she was using her power. The dresser in the room was floating along with the old tv set in the corner next to the lamp in the room was doing the same; hovering a few feet above the ground. Everything seemed to have a life of its own, even the bed Lex was lying in.

Taking in a deep breathe Chloe spoke calmly. “How do I stop it?”

“Sometimes your powers are connected to your emotion so you should…” Sam started then Dean finished.

“Calm down.” He answered sarcastically, indicating what he already noted.

Chloe didn’t need his sarcasm at a time like this and his remark only made things worse as the chair behind her started to rise in the air. But she couldn’t let herself go so far when Lex’s life was now in danger.

She closed her eyes and let her mind clear then focused on what she needed to do now. Her mother needed her, Lex needed her and she would have to keep her power in check to help them. When she opened her eyes things had gone back to normal in the room.

Looking right at the boys watching her she wanted to hear their plan. “Okay now you can talk to me.”

Dean started again with what he was mentioning to Sam. “There is something else keeping Jun to this world and I suggest we talk to her mother.”

“Do we even know where her mother is?” Chloe questioned.

“She’s still in town. We went ahead and looked up her family members while you slept before we headed out here. Her last known whereabouts are at an address near by.” Sam answered her while Dean stood in wait.

She could see they were holding something back from her and they would have to tell her. “What about her father, he’s the one that killed her wouldn’t he know more than the mother?”

“He’s dead Chloe.” Dean answered. “His throat was slashed a month after Jun was buried.”

Chloe’s mind went right to her mother. Jun had toyed with her mother for years, one day she would let her press hard enough; one day her mother could meet the same fate as Jun’s killer just because she wanted to help her.

“Then what’s the plan? Are we going right now it’s the middle of the night?” She watched them look at one another as if they were silently debating what to do. There was no time to think about it and Chloe let it be known. “Answer me. I won’t stand here anymore while the people I love are being hurt by this bitch. I want to get rid of Jun and I want to do it now. Tell me what to do you’re the professionals.”

They both stood still as she spoke and once she was done the tears in her eyes and the look on her face had them scared. Dean walked towards her placing his hand on her shoulder trying to comfort her. “Someone has to stay here with Lex. Are you really going to leave him alone?”

She didn’t want to admit it but he was right someone need to stay with Lex. She turned away from Dean to look at Lex lying in the bed, he appeared to be sound asleep but she didn’t know what Jun was doing to him in his mind. Dreaming of Jun night after night was still fresh in her mind and Lex could be having those dreams as they stood there.

There was someone that could stay with Lex and Chloe only hoped he would understand then come running. “I know someone.” She replied turning away from them to find her bag on the far side of the room. Once her cell phone was in her hand she pushed the number four on her speed dial and the phone started to ring.

The phone was answered and a familiar voice spoke. “Hello.”

“Clark I need you.” Chloe didn’t want to scare him but she sounded urgent.

“Where are you Chloe? Where have you been the past few weeks? Is Lex with you because I haven’t seen him around either?” Clark kept rattling off questions but Chloe wasn’t going to answer any of them.

“I can’t tell you everything right now but it’s about my mother and I need your help.” She answered him then looked behind her at the boys.

He took a moment; she couldn’t believe he was thinking it over until his voice sounded again. “If it’s about your mother you know I want to help. Where are you?”

Chloe sighed, relieved that Clark may not be perfect but he came through when she needed him most. “I’m about an hour outside of Smallville in Everett. I’m in the town’s hotel; in room number five. Please hurry if you know what I mean.”

Asking Clark to use his super speed was tricky. She wasn’t going to tell Sam and Dean about who Clark really was and she wasn’t going to tell Clark about who Sam and Dean really were. There were so many secrets to keep and now she had her own abilities to hide.

“Okay I’ll be there in a second.” Clark ended the call and a second was all he needed.

She hung up the phone and placed it down then reached for her jacket to ready herself to leave with the boys. Dean moved closer to her and reached out to touch her shoulder. “We don’t have time to wait. If you want us to help Lex now then Sam and I are leaving.”

Chloe removed his hand from her then pulled her arms through the jacket. “Trust me you won’t have to wait long.” Just as she spoke there was a knock at the door. “That’s him.”

She moved passed Dean to the door; didn’t see him and Sam share a confused looked. Opening the door Clark Kent stood before her; he looked the same as always in jeans and a flannel shirt. She hugged him and Clark let his large arms wrap around her.

“I’m here, now tell me what’s going on.”

Chloe let him go to allow him into the room. She watched Clark sizing up the space as he walked. His eyes went to Sam on his left then Dean on his right and finally settled on Lex lying in the bed. He took the few steps toward the bed then turned to Chloe looking more confused then ever. “What’s wrong with Lex? What did he do to you?”

This wasn’t the time to listen to Clark accuse Lex of doing something when he was hurt. So much changed concerning her feelings towards Lex but Chloe couldn’t blame him for anything that was happening after what he’d done to find her mother.

Moving in behind Clark she touched his shoulder which caused him look at her. “Clark, like I said on the phone there is no time to explain. I just need you to stay here with Lex.”

“Shouldn’t we take him to the hospital, he’s unconscious?” Clark was starting to get frantic and the boys were more eager than ever to leave.

“This is about my mother and now Lex has been pulled into it.” Chloe looked into his eyes and tried to get him to understand with that one look. His face softened some but she knew he would want to know everything when she returned.

“So you really found her this time.” Clark reached out to touch her shoulder. He knew this was important to her and she hoped that was enough to make him stay.

“Yes, Lex found her.”

He backed away from her slightly moving his hand away from her. “So, where is your mother? Why are you out here in the middle of nowhere? Who are these guys?” Clark pointed behind her at Sam and Dean looking at him in confusion.

“Clark calm down.” Chloe moved toward him getting his focus back on her and off the boys. “They are going to help Lex and they are going to help my mother. I have to go with them and I need you to trust me. I need you to stay here with Lex. Once we do what we need to, Lex will be fine and my mother will be as well.”

His hands were fisted at his sides, she could see he didn’t like the way things were going but Clark was going to come through for her. “I’ll stay but if you come back and he’s the same we really should take him to a hospital.”

Chloe nodded once and moved to give Clark one last quick hug. “Thank you Clark.”

She walked away from him towards the bedside to look at Lex one last time before she left. Leaning down over him she whispered in his ear. “I’ll fix this.”

Chloe did something else that would send Clark into frenzy but it would have to wait. Her head moved over Lex who was sound asleep; she hoped he wasn’t in pain. She let her lips brush against his seeking to give him some comfort then turned to leave before Clark started to question her about the kiss.

As she moved towards Sam and Dean they followed after her out the door. It was late but it wasn’t late enough to pay Jun Tyler’s mother a visit.

Once they were all in the Impala Dean didn’t start the car. He looked to the back seat, “Are you going to tell us how the hell your friend got here so fast?”

She knew the question was coming. “I can’t tell you how but he’s a good friend and he’ll do as I ask.”

“Chloe are you sure, maybe you should stay.” Sam turned to her in the back as well.

“We are finishing this tonight. Do you understand?” Chloe looked between the two of them, her eyes slanted at them, she meant every word. She was going stop Jun tonight no matter what.

“We understand.” Dean spoke as he started the car and they pulled off into the night.

~~~~)~~~~(~~~~

It was nearly eleven at night when they arrived at the old country house that Jun’s mother was residing in. As they walked to the door Chloe wasn’t sure how this would play out.

“What are you going to tell her? It’s the middle of the night.” As she followed behind the boys towards the front door of the run down home they seemed as determined as she was to get Jun once and for all.

Dean was trying to hide the gun he took from the truck of the car before he answered her. “Let us do the talking.” He turned to look at her making his point with a nod.

There wasn’t time to argue with him and Chloe was going to do as told for once. Just at the door Dean raised his hand to knock while Sam turned to look at her. “If you see or feel anything let us know.”

Chloe nodded and tried to think of how she felt back at the farm house. If she could focus on that then sensing Jun would be easier. She let her emotions get the best of her in the hotel room and her new found powers had a mind of their own. She couldn’t scare this woman off by letting her emotions get out of hand again.

After waiting a few moments someone was speaking back from the other side of the door and it was clearly the voice of a woman. “Who is it?”

“We need some help. We are lost and we were hoping you could lend us a hand.” Sam yelled at the door and they all stood in wait.

During the ride to the house Sam filled Chloe in what Jun’s mother life was like after her daughter was murdered. Mrs. Tyler left her farm home shortly after her husband died. She stayed in Everett but lived on the other side of the small town away from her old home. The woman never remarried and did her best to stay out of the public eye after her daughter and husband died with in a month of each other.

“Hold on.” The female voice sounded again and then the door was being unlocked. When it started to open it stopped short only exposing a bit of light streaming from the inside into the night air.

“We just want to use your phone.” Dean spoke looking down at the woman hiding inside. If this was Mrs. Tyler she looked rather worn. Her head was still hiding behind the door but Chloe could make out one leg covered in a dingy pair of khaki pants.

“There is a hotel in the main part of town you should go there.” She pushed the door closed again on her final word.

“No wait?” Chloe finally spoke up when the door shut but the sound of the lock snapping quickly followed the door closing. “Now what?” She asked looking to Dean for answers.

Dean turned heading off the porch of the house. “Now we snoop.”

Chloe watched Sam nod in agreement and went around one side of the house. Dean grabbed her hand and started to lead them around the other side of the house. “Stay close.”

“What are we looking for?” Chloe squeezed his hand looking to ground herself not really caring that he just grabbed her.

“We are looking for a way in.” Dean checked the first window and it didn’t open.

“Dean.” The sound of Sam’s voice was coming from around the corner of the house. Still holding on to Chloe’s hand he dragged her around the back to meet him.

They were all staring at a set of double doors leading down to a basement. Chloe felt a jolt run down her spin the feeling was familiar. “Jun is here.”

“Where?” Dean let go of Chloe’s hand and turned around in a circle until Sam stopped him by reaching for his arm.

“No you idiot. Listen, can’t you hear her talking to someone?” Sam started.

“I can feel her and I think she’s in there.” Chloe added.

“Why didn’t you say so?” Dean pulled the handle to the door but Sam stopped him from opening it by grabbing his hand.

“Wait, listen.” Sam leaned down closer to door, they all did the same.

The faint sound of Mrs. Tyler’s voice could be heard. It was muffled but it sound like she was chanting something. Her voice that low sounded just like Jun when Chloe first met her telling her she would be hers.

“She’s chanting.” Sam noted.

“Yeah.” Dean agreed. “She’s the one that brought her back.”

They were having a conversation Chloe didn’t understand. “What? How did she bring her back?”

“She most likely chants to a demon that can keep Jun in this world as a ghost.” Sam answered her but something went wrong.

His body was kneeling next to her at the basement door but he flew back away from her. “Sam!” Chloe screamed; he was now on the other side of the backyard. Before she could stand Jun was in front of her.

“Stay away from my mother.” Jun’s voice was shrill and even in the dark Chloe could see the blood streaming from her neck. Her head was spinning from the last time Jun was inside and Chloe couldn’t let it happen again.

“Move Chloe.” Dean pushed her aside and a shot rang out. Chloe looked up and Jun was gone. The rock salt shot did the trick and Jun disappeared.

“Sammy you all right?” Dean called out to him then moved to help Chloe to her feet.

“I’m fine go.” Sam was trying to get to his feet but Chloe’s attention went to the double doors.

Chloe stepped back while he swung the doors open and thankfully they weren’t locked. Dean moved in first then stopped. “Go first if you see her point her out.”

Chloe nodded, she was terrified but moved down the five steps into the basement. She saw the back of the woman at the front door wearing the khaki pants; it was Jun’s mother chanting.

Looking behind her Dean was right there with his shot gun in hand and Sam was now not far behind. When she turned her head back she was going to call to the woman but Jun was between them. Jun didn’t speak a word but shadows crept in and snuffed out the light in the room.

“Chloe move.” Dean called out to her again but she didn’t move. She didn’t move and kept her eyes on Jun.

“Please leave her alone.” Mrs. Tyler spoke up now, her hair was pulled back tight and her face was red and covered with tears. There was no telling how much this woman had suffered. “She’s my baby.”

“She’s a murderer.” Chloe responded. This woman may have suffered but it didn’t give her to right to put others through the same.

“Chloe move.” Dean called to her again and Chloe backed away; the shot gun went off again sending Jun away and the lights in the room returned.

Sam stepped ahead of her. “Where’s the shrine?”

The three of them moved past the woman begging them to stop. “Please. I let her die but I need her to live. I need to repay her for not saving her.”

“Shut up lady.” Dean said as he moved past her.

Chloe’s eyes rested on what the woman was looking at. In the center of it all was a picture of Jun and it looked like happier times for her. “Is this the shrine to the demon?” Chloe questioned.

“Yes.” Sam said moving towards the table.

“There has to be an amulet.” Dean said joining him at the table.

“I said leave my daughter alone.” Jun’s mother was shouting behind them and now coming at them with, what looked like, a broom handle.

Without thinking Chloe moved her hand to push her back but she never made contact with her, her powers took over sending the woman flying across the room.

As the woman went flying the room became dark again and Jun appeared in front of her. “Dean!” Chloe screamed as she moved out of the way and, a second later, the shot gun went off letting go of another round of rock salt.

“Where is the damn thing? I’m sick of this one.” Dean said turning back to the table.

Sam was still filtering through the shrine then came back victorious with the amulet. “I got it.”

“Good.” Dean answered then moved to kick the table over.

“Why did you do that?” Chloe was so confused but they both seemed pleased as if it was over this time.

“It’s over Chloe.” Sam said moving close to her handing her the amulet. “She can’t bring Jun back without this and the shrine.”

Chloe gripped the oddly shaped metal in her hand and nodded once at him. “What about her?” Looking behind her Jun’s mother was still on the ground starting to get up after Chloe tossed her.

“We should have a chat with her.” Dean quipped

“I’ll do it.” Chloe spoke up moving towards the woman. Once she was hovering over her, she didn’t know why but, she wanted to hurt this woman for hurting her family; for hurting Lex. But she couldn’t do it. Jun said they were alike but Chloe didn’t want to be anything like her. She didn’t want to be a murder.

“It’s over now Mrs. Tyler.” Chloe extended her hand to help her to her feet. The woman wouldn’t take it and she scrambled to stand on her own.

“Give that back to me.” The woman tried to reach for the amulet and Chloe pulled it back away from her.

“Your daughter is dead and it wasn’t your fault. I saw what happened. I saw your husband attack her. Jun was so scared of him and you were scared of him. But your husband killed her. Your husband took her away and I’m so sorry for that but she can’t come back. She’s killing people, she’s hurting my mother. She took her away from me for thirteen years and now its time to stop.”

“I didn’t know. I found a book it could bring her back so I did but I didn’t know.” The woman started shivering and tears flooded her eyes. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know. She was so angry when I brought her back. I’m so sorry.”

Chloe knew this woman had been through a lot and she reached to let her cry on her shoulder resting her head there. As the woman cries turned into harsh sobs Chloe heard Dean’s voice behind her.

“We should go and check on Lex.”

She let the woman go and turned to walk out of the basement with the boys leaving the woman behind to deal with what she had done. This time she would have to grieve. Chloe was holding the amulet tightly in her palm making sure she had no other choice but to face the truth. Jun was dead and needed to stay that way.

“You guys do this all the time?” Chloe asked them as they made it back to the car.

“Just another day.” Dean said placing the guns back into the truck. Then, he turned to look at her smirking as he slammed the truck shut.

“Right, just another day.” Chloe said really not believing it could be possible to do this everyday.

They loaded into the car to make there way back to the hotel. Chloe could only hope that it was over and Lex was all right.

~~~~)~~~~(~~~~

The three of them stood at the hotel door waiting for Chloe to open it. When she did she found Clark and Lex sharing a long stare. “Hi.” Chloe spoke up and both men looked to her.

Lex’s face softened and a small, but still noticeable smile, formed on his lips. “Chloe.” He said her name rather sweetly as if he wasn’t just staring angrily at Clark.

“You’re okay.” Chloe spoke moving into the room; she moved her way into his arms letting it settle in that it really was over this time.

“Thank you.” Lex spoke to the boys at the door. He moved her back to look at him and his hand moved to cup the curve of her face. “Thank you too.” He said to Chloe, it was good see him up and moving about.

“You’re welcome.” She said to him and, without any worry for the people in the room, Chloe leaned up to kiss him letting her mouth cover his.

“Chloe?!” She could hear Clark’s high pitched voice say her name.

She pulled back away from her kiss to look back at Clark from Lex’s side. “I promise to explain when we get home.”

“He’s not the only one you have to explain to.” Lex added looked down at her. Chloe assumed he would have question as to why she left him in the care of Clark Kent but she couldn’t leave him alone.

“Yes I will explain when we get home.” Chloe didn’t want to let go of Lex but she did to appease Clark for the moment. So much had changed since she left the Talon a few weeks ago with Lex in search of her mother.

“Did everything go okay?” Lex spoke taking the hint that there were too many eyes on them for them to be so close but he didn’t let go of her left hand letting her bruised hand fall to her side.

“She did great.” Dean answered.

“Yeah Chloe’s a natural.” Sam added.

“I just screamed a lot.” Chloe replied.

“Yeah, there is going to be a lot of explaining when we get back.” Clark spoke up moving to take a seat in the chair behind him.

“Don’t underestimate yourself, you did great.” Dean said to her smiling. She could see he was mocking how close she was with Lex after what she said about him when they first met.

Chloe rolled her eyes at him then looked around the room. There were four men surrounding her, they all cared for her and were there to help her and her mother. It was a nice feeling and it was even nicer to have Lex clinging to her hand keeping her close to him.

“I think its time to go see my mother.” Chloe said looking to Lex who nodded once. “I want you guys to come to.” She spoke turning to Sam and Dean that nodded in agreement as well. It was long day and it was finally over.

Chloe was ready to see her mother so they could reunite at last

Things settled for the rest of the night and they stayed in Everett until late in the morning. Clark left and Chloe promised she would explain everything once she got back from seeing her mother. It was harder explaining to Sam and Dean how Clark got there so fast because Dean wasn’t letting it go but Lex managed to make him leave the room without answers.

Chloe didn’t get to pick up where she left off with Lex that night because sleep took over but she didn’t have to sleep alone. It was strange to cuddle up against him at first but Lex didn’t reject her advances and even pulled her closer as he slept. It was strange when it started but Chloe felt completely at ease in Lex arms once sleep took her over.

The next morning on the drive back to Smallville, to prepare to go back to Colorado, Chloe thought about what Sam said about her being a natural at all this supernatural business. She did use her ability again but she still had no control over it.

She couldn’t go back to the way her life was knowing what she could do now. If she was a natural then she would have to learn how to really use her gifts. When her mother was back and settled Chloe would make a decision that would change her life forever.

TBC

Chapter 11 Into the Light

Notes: One more chapter to this one and I smell sequel, if anyone is interested.

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 10 2/10/06 SV/SN (R)

So glad that Lex is ok. Chloe was so brave, glad they finally got rid of Jun. Can't wait to find out what this life cahnging decision is.

Cool Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 10 2/10/06 SV/SN (R)

great story update soon

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Great update!

So is Jun's spirit truly gone? Man, I hope so What happened to her was tragic but she was ruining other people's lives--namely Chloe's mom.

I can't wait for Chloe to reunite with her mom, and hopefully her dad will be okay with Chloe's new powers too.

The brothers rock as always, and I will be sorry to see them go. But you did mention something about a sequel?
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Full Member

Great update. Hope to read more soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

This fic is so great
    I love Supernatural and I like Dean and Sam a lot.
    It was amazing seeing them helping Chloe in all this thing. Well, I'm a little scared right now since it's 4:16am, I'm awake alone (my husband is sleeping like a rock) and just as it happens when I watch Supernatural I become suspicious of any noise...
    LOL
    I'll be waiting for the next chapter and I'll love a sequel
    Malu

Very cool story, even if I've never watched Supernatural and have no clue about anything that happens on the show.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 11 3/12/07 SV/SN (R)

Chapter 11 Into the Light

When Chloe woke up in Everett two days ago she was ready to see her mother. Two days ago she had a brief talk with Dr. Burdick and it only made her want to see Moira more. Dr Burdick was so happy with her mother’s turn around and allowed her to talk with her on the phone. Moira was so lively Chloe didn’t know how she pushed back years of haunting but it was like nothing had happened to her.

Leaving Everett was a joy to do. If she never had to see the place again or think about Jun Tyler it would be a god send. But Chloe knew better since Jun was the start to a long line of ghosts she would be seeing.

At the moment, walking down the hall of the Twin Pines facility with her father holding her hand, Chloe could only think about her mother. Dr Burdick told them Moira was a new woman. The night they destroyed the shrine she woke up. He would have never let them speak on the phone unless he thought she had made a complete turn around. After two days of testing the doctor couldn’t find anything wrong with her.

Not only did Moira recover but her previous doctor, Dr. Bruins, also made a surprising recovery. They both remembered the haunting but it was over now. Dr. Bruins was still a bit shaken but Moira handled it as if the past thirteen years were a blur.

“What if she doesn’t want to see me?” Gabe spoke standing in front of door 285 and just behind it was his wife. Chloe didn’t know if her father had been waiting for this moment as long as she had or if settle in that Moira was gone forever but she was just as afraid as he was to see what was waiting behind the door.

Chloe turned to look at him and saw his fears in line of sweat on his brow. “She wants to see you. She wants to see us both.” She squeezed his hand before letting it going giving him some reassure that this was okay. That their family was going to be put back together.

Turning back Chloe had her crew following behind her and her father. Sam and Dean were waiting long with Lex close by. “I’ll go in first then call you in.”

“Sure thing.” Dean spoke.

“We’ll be right here.” Lex said as well letting his hand brush down her arm. The entire trip with Gabe to Colorado Chloe put some distance between her and Lex. She didn’t want to tell her dad just yet what was going on. She still hadn’t told Clark what was going on. Getting her mother home was her top priority.

She nodded and turned the door knob slowly. “Let’s go dad.” As Chloe moved into the room her father moved in after her.

Moira was where Chloe saw her before standing in the light of the room streaming in from the window. Before she didn’t know what to expect when she saw her or how she would feel. She knew that she was better but there was still the fear of her being the same.

As she walked in Chloe called out to her. “Mom.” She spoke softly trying not to scare her.

Moira turned to her slowly and just as before her green eyes narrowed as she focused on the name calling her. “Chloe?” She spoke softly moving closer to her.

Before she could do anything Moira was taking her into her arms. “Thank you for bringing me back into the light. I knew you could do it.” Resting into her solid frame Chloe was getting the reunion she was waiting for.

Before she could stop her self she was crying like a baby in her mother’s arms. “It’s okay, I’m back now.” Moira tried to soothe her brushing back her hair and it was feeling Chloe had kept all these years and finally had back.

“Chloe its okay.” Gabe moved in behind her and she felt his hand on her shoulder.

While her parents tried to keep her together Chloe couldn’t see their eyes met for the first time in years. “I’m sorry.” Gabe whispered to Moira .

Chloe heard him pulling back away from her mother, brushing back her tears. “Sorry for what?” Moira replied.

“I’m sorry I didn’t do as you asked.” Gabe started then stepped back away from them. “I didn’t keep her from it.”

Looking to her mother Moira shook her head at him as if what he was saying was far from the truth. “As far as I can see you did a wonderful job. Chloe looks amazing to me. There is no need to say sorry.” A few tears started to trickle down her cheek and it made Chloe start crying again with her.

She stepped aside to let her mother move towards him. In one hug her parents reconnected and the long hug was followed by a kiss. Chloe stopped crying and was in a little bit of shock. She’d never seen her parents like this or remembered it when she was little but they look so natural. In all the pictures she saw of them this moment would stand out for a long time.

“Come home.” Gabe spoke pulling away from Moira just enough to look down her.

“Yes, it’s long past since I should have come home.” Moira spoke smiling at him then turning to pull Chloe into the hug with them. They were broken but now they were whole again.

“Maybe we should go?” Lex said peaking into the room from the hall. Before he could get too far away Chloe moved away from her parents and grabbed Lex’s hand.

“No, all of you should come in now.” Chloe waved for Sam and Dean that followed in after Lex.

“I assume this is Lex Luthor.” Moira noted recalling her conversation with Chloe two day before.

“Yes mom, Lex found you.” Chloe answered.

“Thank you for bringing my family to me.” Lex couldn’t do anything to stop her and she hugged Lex.

“Your welcome.” He choked trying to hug her back but he looked rather uncomfortable as far as Chloe could see.

“Everyone’s getting hugged but us.” Dean spoke up.

“Dean don’t.” Sam nudged his arm at how rude he was during a nice moment. Chloe wished she was closer to him to nudge him herself.

“What I just want is what I have coming to me.” Dean nudged his brother making him take a step back.

“I guess Chloe isn’t the only one all grown up.” Moira stepped in front of the boys and without Chloe telling her she knew who they were. “Well Sam and Dean where is your father?”

Chloe watched the boys look at each other confused. She failed to explain that even though Sam and Dean had helped her John wasn’t involved in anyway. Trying to cover her mistake Chloe moved next to her mother. “Mom, John is…”

Before she could go on Dean was interrupting. “He’s out on a job so he sent us.”

Chloe watched her mother look at Dean and her eyes fixed on him looking for the truth. “He’ll come back in his own time. John always comes around.” Moira replied. It was unnerving that it seemed she saw right through what Dean was saying.

They stood in silence for a few moments before Moira broke the awkward moment. “So you want your hug? The last time I hugged you Dean I believe you were still wetting the bed.” There was slight chuckle from both Chloe and Sam then there was the faint sound of Lex doing the same.

“That’s a lie.” Dean contested.

Chloe watched her mother and she was starting to see where some of her wit came from. “I may have been locked away but I remember everything and you my dear wet the bed.” She looked to Sam before going on. “You and Chloe use to be thick as thieves.”

Sam smiled as he heard the same thing Gabe said. “So I hear.” He replied. Moira moved close to him giving Sam a quick hug then giving one to Dean who still seemed upset about the bed wetting.

“If you all don’t mind I’d like to continue this reunion at home.” Moira moved back to Chloe taking her face into her hands.

Chloe shook her head once in agreement. Dr. Burdick wanted to do more testing but he had no reason to hold her. He had to understand why she recovered but her illness never had anything to do with what he could cure. She checked herself in and she was checking herself out.

After some finalizing of paper work Chloe left with her mother, Chloe walked out of the hospital with her family reconnected. Her extended family was following close behind her into the light of day with her mother free after thirteen years of being in the shadow.

~~~~)~~~~(~~~~

Moira was home a few days before Chloe let herself have the talk with her about her powers. Early that morning she went over what it meant to be a seer and she told her more than the boys knew. Chloe also told her about the telekinesis, Moira had no idea the ability would manifest itself in Chloe. Chloe told her mother what she thought her next step would be.

After some debate it was agreed that what Chloe wanted to do was the right. She needed to understand her power and Moira wasn’t going to be the one to teach her. As much as it pained Chloe she would have to leave her newly formed family for a while.

That night Lex had insisted on giving Moira a welcome home dinner and a farewell to Sam and Dean. It was a great idea and Chloe was looking forward to spending some time with Lex since she hadn’t seen him much since they returned from Colorado.

There was no way she could pay him back for everything he had given her since finding her mother but Lex claimed all he need was her to be happy. Once he found out what she was planning to do his happiest would be in jeopardy.

When Chloe’s parents agreed she should take the next step Chloe had to speak with Sam and Dean about their involvement. Arriving at the manor before her parents Chloe made a stop in the dinning room first. Lex had over done it but there was nothing she could do to stop him.

Her next stop was to the boys, she already called letting them know she was coming to speak to them. It only took a few seconds for Sam to come to the door after Chloe knocked. “Hey, come in.” Sam spoke stepping aside to let Chloe into the room.

It didn’t take much for Chloe to get them to agree to stay in Smallville a few more days. Dean was happy to take some R and R in Lex’s manor. Dean’s excitement had to be attached to the pool table, the swimming pool and scotch collection Lex had. At the moment getting them to stay was nothing compared to what she was about to ask.

As she stepped into the room she noticed Sam’s bag was out on the bed. “So you’re packing?”

Sam closed the door behind her and moved into the room. “Yeah, I think Dean wants to leave first thing in the morning.”

“He loves being on the road doesn’t he?” Chloe watched him move back to his bag to push down its contents.

“I do love being on the road. It’s better than being up in your boyfriend’s jet.” Chloe turned to the voice coming from the doorway, Dean was letting himself in.

Chloe asked him to meet in Sam’s room to have the talk. For now she would let him taunt her. She needed something from them and didn’t want to get on his bad side.

Her eyes cocked to the side, it was best come back she could do at the moment. “Thanks for coming.”

“What’s going on?” Sam spoke looking at her rather confused.

“Can we sit?” Chloe motioned to chairs in the sitting area of the oversized room.

“Is something wrong?” Dean questioned as he took a seat on the sofa.

“Did you see a ghost?” Sam questioned her taking the seat next to his brother. If she didn’t know better it seemed like they were itching for another hunt.

Chloe took a seat in the arm chair across from them. “No nothing’s wrong and I haven’t seen another ghost….yet.”

“Then what is this about?” Dean leaned back in his chair and they were both staring at her waiting for the answer.

“I had a long talk with my mother.” Chloe started then her thoughts went back to her mom earlier that day. Moira tried to warn Chloe that her gifts would get stronger but she would never be able to control them without help. “She told me I can control my seer’s visions.”

“That’s true but a strong spirit will be able to reach you no matter what.” Sam said something her mother already told her.

Chloe felt her belly clench thinking she would be rejected the moment she asked them. “I know but I can control them if I practice, the same would go for the telekinesis.” Just thinking about her second ability scared her.

When she woke up with Lex the morning before seeing her mom everything in the room was floating. She was so at ease in his arms then become aroused when she woke to see the way he was look at her. Her emotions keep interfering with her power.

Dean leaned forward, listened to what she said then, got right to the point. “You think we can help you?”

“Yes, I think if I leave with you I can learn how to master my abilities.” Chloe watched and waited as they thought it over. Sam was the first to voice his objections.

“I don’t think its good idea. We go after things that are far worse than ghosts Chloe.”

“I know.” Chloe started remembering what Moira told her; about what John really did. “My mom told me your father is a hunter and he was training you to be hunters as well.”

“If she told you that then you know that the things we hunt can kill you not just haunt you.” Dean spoke up and he was objecting as well. “You come with us and you’re putting your life at risk.”

She knew the risk in doing this but Chloe didn’t know the risk of doing nothing. “You would be amazed by the things I have faced here in Smallville. My life has been in danger many a time.” Her mind went over the long list of meteor freaks out to kill her. “I think I can handle demons and spirits.”

Dean chuckled at her words before he spoke. “I don’t know anything about that but I don’t think you’re hearing me. You come with us and you could die. I doubt your mother or father wants that for you.”

“Actually my mother thinks I should go with you.” Chloe wished her mother was there to back her up now.

“It doesn’t matter, the answer is no.” Sam said looking to Dean for agreement.

“Sammy’s right, the answer is no.” Dean agreed.

Chloe was rejected but this couldn’t be the end of it, they just didn’t understand. “I can’t ask my mother to help me with this. She has been lost for so long and now that she is finally back I think she deserves to have a life, to connect with my father. I’m afraid of what will happen if I don’t control these gifts. I can’t go back to my life knowing what I can do. I trust you both and you are the only ones that can truly help me.”

Chloe felt her eyes welling up and she didn’t want to cry but there was no stopping it. “Please, help me control it.”

As the tears started to fall the room started to change. Anything that wasn’t stable to the ground was shaking. Her ability was reacting to her emotions again. It was plain to see that she needed help. She had to close her eyes to make it stop, this time she was able to but her fear was the next time she couldn’t stop it.

Dean got up from her seat and moved to kneel in front of her. He covered her hand resting on her lap. “Your right, we should help you.”

“Dean?” Sam said sternly standing to his feet. “We can’t take her. We have other things to find.”

Dean turned to look at his brother taking to his feet as well. “You want to leave here like this. She needs our help and that’s what we do Sammy. Besides Chloe might be able to help us, watch our backs. There is no reason we can’t teach her a few things.”

“There is one reason Dean, she could die.” When Sam responded they both stood staring at each other. It was like watching Lex and Clark and Chloe had to stop them.

She moved to step in between them. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to cause a fight between the two of you.”

Sam looked away from his brother to look down at her. “It’s not your fault. I just don’t want you hurt.”

“I know but I have to take the risk. If I see another ghost I won’t know what to do. If I get angry I could start shattering things. I just need some time; I won’t be out with you forever.” Chloe plead with them hoping they would see.

“You can come with us.” Dean repeated looking to Sam.

“If something happens to you then we are sending you back.” Sam said.

Chloe wiped back her tears and nodded once. “Of course; if I can’t handle it I’ll say something.”

Dean smiled slightly looked over to her. “Just remember you can’t drive my car, ever.”

Chloe smiled back at him. “Yeah, we’ll see about that.” Before he could quip back she hugged him then did the same to Sam. “Thank you for doing this.”

“Don’t think a hug well make me forget about you not driving my car.” Dean said taking his hug then stepping back.

For a few moments she argued with him. Lex was waiting for her in the study and it was time to tell him her plans.

~~~~)~~~~(~~~~

If she could she wouldn’t say a word and just look at him a few more minutes but they would be joined soon enough by her parents along with Sam and Dean for dinner.

Lex seemed to be deep in thought sitting in the study with his hand wrapped around a before dinner cocktail. Chloe was hiding behind the door just cracked open enough to get a look into the room. She assumed Lex hadn’t heard her but when he spoke she wasn’t as hidden as she thought.

“Are you going to stare at me all night or come in here and sit with me?” He didn’t turn to the doorway or motion to move from the comfortable position she was in.

Taking the hint, Chloe grinned as she walked into the room closing the door behind her. “I saw the dinning room and you over did it.” Chloe came into the room just behind him letting her arms fall down his chest.

As she did the playful motion he titled his head back to look at her and she wasn’t the only one grinning. “I think your mother deserves a feast after everything she went though. It’s the least I can do to help you welcome her home.”

“Thank you, I’m sure she would have liked a quite evening at home but it’s not everyday one can get treated like a Luthor.” Chloe let the sappy moment wash over her and it lead her closer as Lex guided her with his free hand towards her lips.

Before they met she heard him whisper. “You can be treated like one everyone day if you like.” Once he was finished Lex closed the gap between them and Chloe starting to crave his kisses more. As he pulled back, Chloe released her grip on him starting to get a little hot and bothered.

“Sit with me.” Lex suggested. Doing as he asked Chloe got herself together adjusting her summer dress to get her bearings for what she was about to do. She lost control with the boys and her power went off. She couldn’t do the same with Lex.

It was settled that she would be leaving with the boys, now it was time to see what she was starting with Lex would change because of it. Something was starting that hadn’t been defined but she didn’t want to lose it.

Once she was seated next to him Lex reached to place his glass on the coffee table then moved to take her body closer to his before she could protest. His lips were moist from the first kiss and more urgent as well. Chloe would love to spend the next few moments before everyone arrived kissing him but they had to talk.

Her hands planted on his chest and she tried to nudge him back. The motions was noted and Lex pulled back some to look at her. “I’m being pushy?” He asked placing a soft kiss on cheek making it hard for her to pull away.

“No.” Chloe started and move back away from him completely. “I just want to talk first.” Her mouth was still tingling from the kiss and faint taste of the alcohol he was drinking was covering her tongue.

“Right, we do need to talk.” Lex sat back in his chair and seemed upset about being turned away when his brow furrowed. “I suppose we need to decide where we stand with one another.”

“Your right we do.” She watched him gazing at the empty fireplace before them and he seemed to be plotting a plan.

Lex sighed once before turning back to look at her. “Are you seeing someone I don’t know about?”

The question made her almost laugh out loud but she suppressed it into a chuckle. The thought of seeing some else was so far from the truth. When she finally realized Clark wasn’t the one for her Chloe had one short lived relationship that met its end a long time ago. Her summer away she let herself day dream of what it would be like with Lex but all those feelings were pushed away once he ignored her upon her return to Smallville.

The past year Chloe tried to focus on getting out of Smallville and back to Metropolis. The boys at Smallville High didn’t get her and the person that she wanted didn’t want her so she resolved herself to being alone until new prospects came into to play.

She could tell Lex all this but she assumed he wanted the cut and dry truth. “No, I’m not seeing anyone. Are you?” She turned the question on him getting a little lost in his blue grey eyes.

“No and I would be completely content if I was just seeing you.” Lex let his hand move to pull through the stands of her hair. “If I was seeing a lot more of you since I missed out so much this year.”

Chloe couldn’t help but smile at him and the desire to finish what they started a few days ago in the old hotel was starting to rise. She covered his hand with hers now resting on her face. “Good. Because I want to see more of you too.”

“Then it’s settled. We can start the next phase of our relationship.” Lex was about to kiss her again but Chloe knew they weren’t done.

She backed away from taking his hand from her. Looking ahead she couldn’t bare to look at him with what she had to say next. “There’s more I need to say.”

She couldn’t see the concerned looked growing on his face but the next question was one she wasn’t expecting. “This isn’t about Dean is it?”

If anything Chloe was indebted to Dean for what he did to save her mother. She couldn’t deny she was attached to him or that they sparked but she was finally getting time with Lex and Dean wasn’t going to get in the way of that.

“Lex this isn’t about Dean. You don’t have to worry about him.” She tried to reassure him turning back to look at him and he looked rather stiff. She placed her hand on top of his hoping he would soften some.

“Then what more do you need to say?” His voice was so controlled and Chloe didn’t want him to retreat on her again but she had to do this.

Taking in a deep breath Chloe didn’t know if she could do this, she didn’t know why it was so hard but if she left Lex he may not wait for her to come back. “You know I have these abilities now.”

“Are you worried about me being afraid of your abilities?” Lex covered her hand on his. “I’m not afraid of them.”

“You’re not afraid but I am.” Chloe couldn’t keep close to him any longer and pulled back to stand. She walked away to take a few steps toward the fireplace trying to put some distance between them to make this easier.

“Do you want to tell me why?” She heard him just behind her.

She turned and he was very close to her. “I could hurt someone. I can’t control how I move things and my mother said I can control my seer’s visions but I have to train myself. I’ll never be able to stop the stronger spirits from contacting me but I can control it if I learn how.”

“Okay I’ll do what I can to help you work through it.” Lex smirked thinking he had all the answers. This time he didn’t; no mater how many resources he had at his disposal.

“Thank you for that but I think the best way for me to do this is to leave for a while.” Chloe looked at him closely and she could see him processing what she was saying.

“What do you mean leave?” Lex started then seemed a little taken back once the words that left his lips.

“Sam and Dean agreed to let me ride with them for awhile. So I’m leaving with them tomorrow.” Chloe stood there while Lex turned away from her.

“This is about Dean.” He spoke with his back to her.

Chloe wasn’t going to let him retreat on her like he’d done some many times the past few weeks. She grabbed his arm and turned him to look her. Once his eyes were on hers Chloe lunged at him almost making them both fall over but her lips met their goal. She was making a point with this kiss and if he didn’t realize how much she wanted him then maybe Lex was truly a lost cause.

Slipping her tongue from his mouth she pulled back from him to see if she was getting the desired affect. His eyes were still closed and his hands were still fisted in her hair as Chloe started to speak. “If you haven’t noticed I love you and me leaving has nothing to do with another man.”

She watched him open his eyes slowly to look at her taking in her words before he spoke. “I love you too.”

“Alright now that’s settled.” Chloe stepped back from him feeling the need to do more but she had to get back on track with the conversation before throwing herself at him. “I’m telling you I’m leaving because I don’t want whatever is happening with us to stop.”

“Chloe, I just don’t see how you can leave now. Your mother just got back, you start Met U in a month and I can’t let you go when we are finally telling each the truth about how we feel.” His frustration had returned and Chloe could read it all over him.

“My mother understands that I need to do this. As for Met U it’s not going anywhere. I can start school in the spring. My father will make the arrangements for me.” Chloe moved closer to him taking his clinched fist in her hand. “You think this is the end but its not. I would assume that in this technological age we can still work something out.”

He raised an eyebrow then loosened his tense fingers to hold her hand back. “You’re saying I can see you when ever I want.”

“Yes Lex, the last time I checked you’re a billionaire. You have unlimited use of computers, cars, planes, and money. If you think I’m worth it then I think we can work something out where we can still see each other while I figure this out.”

He noted her sarcasm with a slight grin before pulling her back into his arms to hold her. “Thank you for reminding me.”

“I’m happy to help.” Chloe spoke muffled in the warmth of his body.

“And you are worth it.” He pulled back to look at her and questioned. “If you’re leaving with them tomorrow do you think you would be interested in spending the night with me?”

She seemed to read his mind before she could even ask. “I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.”

Getting the yes he was looking for Lex reached down to her again taking her mouth with his and, just as the kiss was getting good, the guests were arriving.

“Chloe Sullivan?” The sound of Gabe’s voice echoed in the study at the sight before him. “I said watch over her, not take advantage of her.”

Chloe had told her father so much about what happened since she finally found her mother but this piece of information. Looking at the doorway Gabe was holding her mother’s hand and they were both dressed up for tonight dinner. Even though he looked as if he would rip Lex’s head off it was sweet to see them together.

“I thought you knew.” Moira said and Chloe’s eyes widened as her mother spoke. “You can see all over them.”

Gabe didn’t look away from Lex as he spoke. “Well I didn’t know.”

“Dad I’ll explain during dinner.” Chloe moved toward her father knowing Lex would understand why she had to distance herself from him.

“You better explain.” Gabe groaned not taking his eyes off Lex. Chloe looked at her mother and her shoulders hunched still not getting how Gabe didn’t see it. Chloe wasn’t sure how her mother saw it.

They left the comfort of the study to head to the dinning room for Moira ’s welcome and Chloe’s good bye.

~~~~)~~~~(~~~~

After talking with her father after dinner he and her mother left for home leaving her at the manor. They knew she was leaving with the boys in the morning and it wasn’t questioned why she was staying at the manor.

That night Chloe thought she and Lex would move on with what they started but they didn’t. He didn’t want to make love to her. His reasons were simple.

Lex didn’t want to rush and ruin what was happening with them. It was sweet but Chloe had other thoughts on her mind. She knew Lex did as well when she woke that morning with the evidence firmly pressed against her backside.

At the moment lying in bed with Lex was the farthest from her mind. She brought with her the things she would need to leave with the boys and at the moment Dean was loading her things into the Impala. Sam was near by leaning against the car.

Lex was clinging tightly to her hand while they watched Dean. Chloe said her good byes to her parents the night before and it was time for the next goodbye.

“They are going to look out for you right?” Lex asked her for what may have been the hundredth time.

“You spoke with them at breakfast about that and I think Sam’s exact words were we won’t let anything bad happen to her.” Chloe answered him looking up to him as he was looking straight ahead. He had a blank look about him as if he was masking his emotions.

“I just wanted to make sure.” He answered her finally looking to her.

“I think that does it.” Dean claimed closing the truck.

“Right.” Chloe answered and wasn’t really sure she wanted the moment to come. She was going to make it quick like pulling off a band aid. She pulled her hand from Lex’s to move into and embrace. She wrapped her arms around him taking in his scent. “You’ll call me?” Chloe asked him before pulling back to look at him.

“I’ll do more then just that.” He answered and it meant he would come to see her when he could. “Be careful.” He added.

“I’m always careful.” Chloe replied. His eyes slanted down at her and he wasn’t buying it.

He moved towards her taking her lips with his and drawing out the kiss, no doubt to show off to Dean. “I love you.” He whispered letting her go at last.

“I love you too.” Chloe answered then moved away from him towards the Impala. “Let’s go boys.”

“Bye, Lex.” Sam called out before moving to his side of the car.

“We’ll take good care of her.” Dean quipped before slamming his door shut.

Chloe hopped into the back and before Sam got in then they were off. She looked back to the manor watching Lex. His hands were deep in his pockets and his face was twisted as if he might scream. She started to cry a little as the car got further away from him.

The car sped off and Chloe was starting a new life out of the shadows and into the light.

The End

Notes: Thank to everyone that read all 114 pages of this one and stuck it out with me. I’ll post the teaser for the sequel soon. I hope you enjoyed it. Feedback is welcomed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information