+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hidden in the Shadows (R)

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 8 10/17/06 SV/SN (PG-13/R)

This was an excellent update!

What happened to Jun was horrendously sad, and I do feel bad for her, but I don't want her hurting Chloe or her mom anymore.

I hope that Lex, Sam and Dean are able to figure this mess out!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Cool Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 8 10/17/06 SV/SN (PG-13/R)

great update and can't wait for next chapter

NS Junior Member

Letia!!! come back please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you just cannot leave it there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members

please update this fic soon. it is sooo good.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 9 12/6/06 SV/SN (PG-13/R)

Notes: Sorry that it took so long for me to get to an update for this but here it is. Jun has taken over Chloe’s body but she is still in there. The next Chapter will be in free POV while Jun is Chloe or it could be forever that way if Jun stays in Chloe. You will have to read and see. Anyhow the boys get a little say instead of just hearing from Chloe.

Chapter 9 It’s Over

Jun breathed in deep taking in the air around. She hadn’t possessed a body this fully in ages and the feel of Chloe’s flesh was intoxicating. Her surroundings were very familiar as she stood over her grave. She could still feel the dirt dropping down as her father buried her alive.

“Get out of her!” Dean yelled at her with his shot gun still pointed right at her. He knew he would never use it and if he did it would cause more damage to Chloe than to Jun. As she stood there laughing in their faces the only thing he had to fight with was that gun and he wasn’t pointing it away from her any time soon.

“No.” Jun spoke shaking Chloe’s blonde locks from side to side, getting accustomed to her new body. “I told you she is mine.”

“No she isn’t.” Lex couldn’t stand there and do nothing. He could let Sam and Dean handle it but it wasn’t in his nature to do so. Facing the thing that had been torturing Chloe he was afraid but his fears could be pushed aside. Getting Chloe back was the only thing that mattered.

“We know what happened to you but no one else has to get hurt.” Jun turned to Sam with his gun lowered and his hands raised in defeat. Sam wanted to be rational about this but he knew better than to reason with a ghost that was consumed with hate and revenge. His brother appeared to have other plans pointing the shot gun at Chloe but there was no way he could shoot her.

“All of you think you know her. You think you can see into her but I know Chloe. I know her better then you ever will.” Jun knew things about Chloe that none of them could ever understand. Chloe was fighting her to get free, she was struggling and it was the same with Moira but Jun broke her just like she would break Chloe.

“I know her.” Lex spoke up again moving closer to her.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Jun new she had a few tricks they weren’t expecting.

Dean moved forward as well thinking he had some kind of upper hand on this thing. “You can’t toss us like you did to me back at the manor. You’re in Chloe’s body now so all your ghost mojo won’t work when you’re in a vessel.” He took a few steps closer thinking of ways to get her away from where she was buried thus severing the link between them.

Jun knew all too well that being inside someone made her weaker but it depended on who she was inside. Chloe was cursed with Moira ’s power but there was more inside her than a pair of seer’s eyes.

“I said stay back.” With one wave of her hand Jun sent them flying back towards the house. She wasn’t going to give up Chloe’s body without a fight.

She watched and waited for them to regroup, wanting to toy with them a little more before she ended them. Sam and Lex were moving but Dean was still flat on his back on the ground. Her focus went to Sam who stood up first. “She’s telekenic.” He murmured realizing what Jun already knew.

Her lips twitched into a grin pushing back Chloe’s cries for her to stop. “That’s right; this little seer has more then one gift. That’s why I have been trying to break her down. Moira was strong but her daughter is a far greater prize.”

“So that’s why your doing this?” Sam moved towards her but he wasn’t going to get far. Holding up Chloe’s hand Jun used her hidden power again and stopped him in his tracks.

She watched him struggling to move, the sweat covering his face and the struggle with his body to do as he asked. “You want to know the truth before you die. You’re all just like Moira ’s doctors. You think you can help but you can’t save something that’s already lost.”

“Chloe’s not lost.” Lex fought to stand; whatever Jun was doing to Sam she wasn’t doing to him. If he could get close enough maybe it would help since it appeared Jun would do anything to keep them from Chloe. “She has more people than you know that care for her.”

Jun knew what he meant; it was one of the reasons it was so hard to keep a hold on Chloe the first time. She was powerless to stop him in the kitchen and she was powerless now as he moved towards her. “You’re just like my Bobby. You think you can save her. You think you have all the answers but you betrayed her. You left her, ignored her, and now you want back in. Now you want to tell her the truth but it’s too little to late.”

“It’s never too late.” Lex was on his feet and was a few steps from where Chloe pointed out as Jun’s true grave. “It’s never too late for me to tell Chloe the truth.”

Jun felt Chloe’s emotions fighting their way to the surface. She closed her eyes trying to keep her back and when she looked towards them, Lex was almost in front of her. “I said stay back.” She tried to move Chloe’s bandaged right hand to wave him away but her left grabbed it.

“No!” Jun wasn’t speaking this time as Chloe fought for control of her voice.

“Keep talking to her.” Sam said as he moved his arms but his feet were still planted to the ground.

Jun was shaking her hand trying to stop it from holding back but it wasn’t working. “Stop it Chloe.” Jun grunted from inside her pushing her back.

“Chloe I know you can hear me and I know you can stop her.” Lex was getting closer and Jun had to do something.

“Don’t you dare try to tell her what to do.” She was pulling for Chloe to let her hand free and fell on her knees to the ground in frustration. “Her mother left her just like mine. She did nothing while he hurt me but I made her pay just like I’m making Moira pay. Moira cursed Chloe and left her all alone.” She paused getting her hand to move back but she still couldn’t control it.

“That’s not true. Moira wanted to protect her that’s why she left. She wanted to protect her from you.” Lex was close now kneeling down next to her. “No one here is going leave Chloe.”

“Stop it Chloe.” Jun screamed from inside her again, Chloe was winning and Jun was losing control. Lex’s words were starting to sink in; it was just like before when she was inside her and she couldn’t hold on. She was only strong enough now because she was so close to her bones lying in her grave.

“Son of a bitch.” Dean yelled coming to his feet. He was still clutching his gun preparing to point it back at Chloe but there were things happening he missed.

“Wait Dean.” Sam was finally able to move and ran to keep his brother back. There was nothing either of them could do but let Lex handle this. “Let Lex talk to her.”

Lex didn’t know what he was doing. There was so much of this that he didn’t understand but if telling the truth would save her then he would tell her everything. His hand reached out to her and almost made contact with her but she moved back.

“Don’t touch her.” Jun’s voice was wavering and she could feel Chloe coming closer.

Ignoring her plea, Lex moved closer to her. Both his hands went for her face moving it to lock eyes with her. He was looking at her but there was no sign of the Chloe he knew any where in her eyes. “You right Jun. I ran away but I’m not running now. Chloe is nothing like you. She’s stronger then any person I know and she’s not going to let you take over her body like this.”

“Tell Chloe the truth Lex.” Dean knew this was coming he saw it the moment he met them both. Even if Chloe was interested in him, even if he had a chance it would all be lost when this was over. His life didn’t allow for such things anyway. It may have been for the best but he couldn’t help but feel the burning in his chest watching them together.

Lex could hear Dean behind him and he was right, it was time to let it go. “Chloe I know you can hear me and I want you to know that I’m sorry. You were right about what I said in the kitchen. I called you love because I love you. I have been in love with and have been too afraid to admit it. It’s long past to tell you the truth. Like I said before I owe you more then this. After everything I’ve done I never wanted finding your mother to turn out like this.”

“Lex?” Chloe finally used her voice. She whispered Lex’s name after hearing him admit the truth about what she had assumed for so long. There were always hints but now it was all out in the open. “Get back.” Chloe said to him looking at him in a way she hoped he would understand.

He got up as she asked and moved back. He didn’t know what was going to happen but the look in her eyes told him she could deal with it. When Jun was in control it was clear and once Chloe was back Lex could see it just looking into her eyes.

“Out…” Chloe started but Jun tried to stop her. There was a moment of inner struggle with in her before she could start again. “Out of the light…” She started again but Jun pushed her back. Chloe felt her eyes welling up with tears and her body was shaking all over. She knew what she had to do and knew she was only one that could do it. “Out of the light and into the shadows.”

Once her mother’s chant was said Jun had lost her hold but Chloe wasn’t letting her go. She was pulling her spirit inside of her and she wasn’t going too hide anymore.

“Sam, Dean, get what you need I’m digging her up.” Chloe moved way from the grave and turned away from the boys.

“No, let her go Chloe.” Sam didn’t know why but he could feel something was wrong. He knew she was still holding on to her and the longer she was inside the worse it would be for Chloe.

“I have to do this just get what you need now.” Chloe struggled on her knees to face the large tree just above Jun’s grave. She felt what Jun did when she moved the boys with her mind and if she could do it then Chloe could too.

“Chloe what are you doing?” Lex’s voice was just behind her. He watched Sam and Dean run off into the house; heading for the car to retrieve the things they needed. If she was buried there they had to get to bones then, they would have to dig her up but Chloe was about to do something Lex had no idea she had the power to do.

“I can’t let her go. I won’t let her hurt anybody else.” Chloe keep saying her mother’s chant in her mind hoping it would do something to dull Jun’s cries inside her. Her hands planted flat on the grass and her eyes closed. She let her minds eye drift to Jun’s body. She went back to what she saw when Jun was being buried by her father. The image was so clear that she tried to use what Jun felt that night to move the body buried a few feet below.

Lex stood in awe as the ground shook in front of Chloe. Slowly rising to the surface was a skeleton. “Oh god.” He always knew she was strong but seeing what she could do now Lex had no idea how powerful Chloe really was.

Dean and Sam appeared just in time to see what Lex was seeing; Jun’s bones were before them waiting to be taken care of. “Come on.” Dean nudged his brother out of the same trance he was in and moved towards the grave.

Chloe opened her eyes and saw she had done. “Out of the light into the shadows.” She whispered to herself trying to keep her hold on Jun.

“Hurry up!” Lex screamed watching them toss salt all over the bones. He could see Chloe shaking and could hear her murmuring to herself.

“Chloe let her go.” Sam called out to her striking a match and tossing it on the bones.

It was what she was waiting for and Chloe let her go. They all looked at the flames before them and for the first time Lex, Dean and Sam saw what Chloe had seen for weeks.

Jun’s spirit was before them bleeding from the neck. Her face covered in her brown hair, she was screaming out in pain until the flames consumed her worn, dark body and there was nothing to be seen. The fire burning in front of her Chloe could feel the heat and could feel it was over. She closed her eyes and there was nothing left for to do but fall back and let go.

As she awaited the feel of the ground behind her as she fell back but never made it there. She felt arms settle around her and when she opened her eyes, she was greeted with Lex’s worried looked.

“It’s over.” He whispered to her.

Chloe thought it was over and it felt like it was over but there was still one more thing to say. “I love you too.” She said before passing out in Lex’s arms.

~~~~)~~~~(~~~~

Chloe didn’t know what time it was, she didn’t know where she was but she knew she’d been asleep. She was tired of passing out but there wasn’t much she could do about it. There were so many things about herself she didn’t know and today she reached her limit as to what she could do.

Opening her eyes slowly Chloe knew right away where she was staring at; the old wallpaper was falling off the wall in front of her. The old hotel they checked into in Everett had to be the place she been sound asleep in for the past few hours.

“You’re awake?” Chloe turned to the side and sitting in a chair close by the bed was Lex reaching out to her. He looked just as worn and tired as she felt.

She gave him a weak smile as he did the same. Chloe tried to move up in the bed but Lex wasn’t having it. His hands moved to her shoulders holding her down. “There is no need to rush.”

“I’m not rushing.” Chloe tried to move again ignoring him being as stubborn as ever. Lex sat back in his chair letting her have her way. Just as she was lifting her head it fell back to the pillow below. “Okay maybe I won’t rush.”

“You never listen to me.” Lex shook his head at her marveled by how quickly she seemed to be recovering.

Not really wanting a lecture or really wanting to talk at all Chloe just wanted to go back to sleep. “What are you doing over there anyway?”

His eyes slanted down as he answered. “We weren’t going to leave Everett until the morning. I wanted to let you rest. Sam said you used a lot of energy doing what you did. He also said it was reckless and dangerous and that you could have died.”

Even though Chloe didn’t want a lecture she was still getting one. His answer as to his current location wasn’t what she meant and she would have to speak plainly if anything was going move forward. “I was wondering why you were watching me sleep instead of getting in the bed and sleeping with me.”

He blinked a few times before actually realizing what she was getting at. “Chloe, now that I know you are okay I think I should go to my own room.”

Her eyes widened and Chloe tried to move again. The last thing she remembered was telling Lex she loved him. She admitted something that was lingering at the surface for almost a year. Back at the manor he seemed fine with staying with her but now things were different.

Now that the truth was out there was also something else between them. Chloe had powers. She was like so many of the meteor freaks she added to her wall of weird data base.

She looked away from him back to the old wallpaper and let the thought sink in. Lex wasn’t in love with the Chloe that he saw that day.

“I understand if you’re scared.” She started and paused not sure if he would understand. After the deafening silence she went on. “I would be afraid of me to if I saw what I did tonight. Actually, I am afraid of myself.” Not looking at him Chloe just waited for him to walk out like he always did. He was only there to see if she was okay and now that he knew, Lex would just walk away from her again.

“I’m not afraid of you.” Chloe turned her head to him; he was sitting on the edge of his seat reaching out to touch her hand resting on the bed. “The last few weeks haven’t been easy for me… to be so close to something that I can’t have. I’m not trying to be selfish but I don’t want to do anything you’re not ready for.”

This was by far the strangest conversation Chloe ever had with Lex. She put her life in his hands and they had been through so much since then but this maybe more than she could handle. Now they both admitted to having feelings for the other and it seemed things wouldn’t just go back to the norm.

Chloe thought back to the night before; Lex was touching her in a place he might have never done when he was awake but she didn’t mind. In fact she liked it. If he was worried about that then she could calm his fears easily.

“Lex, if you’re worried about touching me like you did the night before it’s all right.” Trying to move up again it was no use, she was too drained to move from the spot she was in. The only thing she was left with was moving her hand around his. “I liked the way you were holding me.”

He didn’t say anything, took his hand away and then rose to his feet. “I don’t want you to feel like I’m taking advantage of you. As if everything will instantly be different after what I said to you.”

Chloe rolled her eyes at him. “Lex, I may have been distressed about all this ghost business and doing everything I could to save my mother but I’m still me. Underneath all of it I’m still Chloe and even if I didn’t say the words until now I know what I want and I want you to get in this bed.”

“I’m sorry.” He answered her and tried to look away but Chloe wouldn’t allow it.

Jun said so many things that were true. Lex did hurt her when he ignored her that year. There were moments when she even thought that he had used her to get to Lionel but today told her different. Lex was afraid to tell her the truth; he was as scared as she was about what was happening. Everything came together when he told her the truth.

Chloe reached out and used the last bit of strength she had to grab his hand before he could start walking towards the door. “I already forgive you. Now stop pushing me away and get in the bed.” He had to hear the annoyance in her voice and Chloe wasn’t going to let him get off so easily.

“Fine, stop trying to be the boss, I’m supposed to be taking care of you.” Lex sat back in the seat he was in and kicked off his shoes. She could see the hint of a grin through his seriousness as he prepared himself for bed.

As he readied himself she looked down at what she was wearing for the first time since she woke up. Her body was under the covers and she was lying on her back. She reached her banged hand over her body and she wasn’t wearing any pants. A panic washed over her as she thought about the fact she wasn’t wearing any pants. Her hand moved up her thigh, then higher until she was satisfied that she was still in her panties. As she moved up further she found that the shirt she put on was still in place.

“Where are my pants?” She questioned while Lex undid his button up shirt to reveal the dark t-shirt he was wearing underneath.

“They had mud all over them so, when I put you in the bed, I covered you up and pulled them off. I didn’t see anything if that’s what you worried about.” He paused and stopped at the last button.

Chloe didn’t know why she was panicking but the thought of Lex seeing her almost nude worried her. But he hadn’t seen anything and just didn’t want her to be covered in mud.

“Do want to change into something?” Lex waited for her to answer but Chloe didn’t have one.

She thought about it for a moment and there was really nothing wrong with it. If Lex loved her then he would have to love every inch of her even if she wasn’t perfect. “No I don’t need to change.” She replied.

Out of his pants and just wearing his t-shirt and boxers Lex moved to the other side of the bed and worked his way under the covers. “I hope you weren’t self conscious about me seeing you. I assure you, your body is more than pleasing to look at.”

“Really?” Chloe drawled turning her head towards him.

Lex rested on his side and moved his hand to the curve of her cheek. “Really.” He whispered to her and moved close enough to kiss her but he waited for Chloe to close the small gap between their lips.

Her eyes closed and she let her head lean into his lips kissing him softly. It was strange at first but as the kiss carried on between them it started to feel natural. He pulled away slowly and Chloe felt the energy return to her body.

She arched herself towards him and moved her hand sliding it around his necking nudging him to her. “You don’t have to stop.” She told him before their lips collided with each other again.

Getting more feeling back in her body, Chloe moved closer to him the best she could letting his tongue move passed her lips into her mouth. There was no time to wrap her mind around the fact that she was kissing Lex Luthor. The only thing that mattered was that he was kissing her back and the kiss was awakening things inside her she thought were long passed.

His hand moved from her cheek down her neck then lower to the top curve of her breast. Chloe moaned his mouth at the sudden feel of his touch and Lex pulled away as if he did something wrong.

“We shouldn’t do this. There is no need to rush.” He moved his hand away from her and tried to release his neck from her hold on him.

Chloe let her hand loosen but moved it up the back of his head teasing the curve of his skull. His eyes closed and he sighed as if the tiny gesture was too much to handle. “Personally I think we have been moving too slow.” As she watched and waited for him to open his eyes Chloe let her hand explore Lex’s head then moved towards his face to stroke the lines of his jaw.

He was turned on taking in her touch as if it was the best thing he ever had then, closing his eyes as she gave long lingering strokes. “Are you sure?”

To anyone else the conversation they were having may not make sense but Chloe could speak to Lex without saying a word and the past few days she was reminded of that. The feeling of something lingering around them and haunting them when ever they were alone was between them now.

She could feel the tension and him holding back but he didn’t have to. Talking would come but at that moment Chloe needed him to do more than hold her. From the looks of it Lex could tell he needed more as well.

“Look at me.” Chloe moved up in the bed not feeling as drained as she did when she first woke but the arousal growing at her center was pushing her forward. Once she was at eye level with him she waited for his eyes to open. As they slowly did she could see how much they shared the desire to be with one another. “I’m sure.”

His eyes opened in a flash and he had to see what she could see in him. Before she could adjust he was leaning back to her. His lips pressed into her and the attacked was wanted. His hands went back to the curve of her cheek and back down her neck and as he descended upon her breast, this time, he didn’t stop but moved lower to cup the larger mass in his hand.

She was asking for things to move forward and Lex was complying. His hands didn’t stop moving as they kissed. The sound of him groaning low in his throat, the musky smell over him above her and the weight him moving closer to her filled her senses. His mouth moved down from her lips kissing their way towards her neck and the feel of his teeth nipping her neck gave Chloe more energy than she realized.

“Lex…” His name came from her breathlessly; he must have taken it the wrong way because he was stopping again and pulling away from being buried in her neck.

“Did I hurt you?” The concern in his eyes couldn’t be mistaken. They would have to get used to this change in their relationship.

“No, that was a good moan.” Chloe’s hand was still locked firmly around his neck; pulling back towards her without rejection. He gave the slightest grin before going back to her mouth.

Chloe hadn’t felt things in a long time and never been this aroused without her own hands involved in the matter. They both seemed desperate clawing at one another touching uncharted territory. Lex’s hand moved down the folds of the blankest spreading her legs apart to all him accesses to her heated arousal. Her body’s response was to arch forward wanting his touch.

He tore himself away from her lips to look down below him. The look in his eyes was so unlike the Lex she thought she knew. Everything else in the room felt far away and Lex was moving the length of her thigh, pushing pass the thin fabric of her panties. The warmth of his hand spreading the folds of her arousal were all she wanted to feel but something was wrong.

For a few moments things between them weren’t complicated. “Do you know how long I have wanted this?” The question didn’t need an answer because Chloe had a feeling she’d been waiting long as he was, maybe longer.

Her hands moved to pull up the t-shirt he was wearing but she stopped. A dark presence was in the room and Chloe couldn’t push away. Her seers abilities were interrupting them; the feeling was familiar as if she’d felt it before.

The look in her eyes had to alarm Lex and he moved his hand way. “What is it?”

Chloe pushed him back away from her and sat up in the bed. “I don’t know?” She murmured looking around the room for something…. for anything.

She threw back the covers of the bed and let her legs fall to the ground. Standing in her panties and shirt Chloe took one step forward and was frozen in her tracks. Her eyes lay upon the thing she thought she’d gotten rid of.

“Chloe!” Lex yelled her name moving to stand next her and he had to see it as well.

“Does he make you feel good?” Jun’s voice rang out in the room. The blood dripping from her neck was covering her entire body seeing her in the light of the room for the first time. The shadows that seemed to fill in space she was in quickly washed over the room. “To bad it won’t last.” Jun spoke again and then she was gone.

Chloe didn’t notice it until then but Lex was clutching her hand. She looked at him in his boxers and t-shirt and it looked like he was trembling. “We have to get Sam and Dean.” She said finally but it was too late for that.

Lex’s hand was suddenly ripped away from hers and Chloe turned quickly to focus on Jun standing in front of Lex. She was facing him and Lex was looking at her but his feet weren’t on the ground. He was hoisted in the air pressed against the far wall in the room. Jun had one hand wrapped around his neck and her head was turned looking at Chloe.

Frozen in place Chloe didn’t’ know what to do not wanting to believe after everything Jun was standing in front of her.

“Chloe.” Lex tried to say her name but the sound of his voice was so strained as if the life was being choked out of him.

“You thought it was over didn’t you?” Jun turned her head to Lex and Chloe saw the back of her head and the hair that her father cut away from her. “It will never be over.” Jun said her final words and she was gone in flash.

Lex fell to ground and Chloe ran to him. She pulled his body towards her but he wasn’t moving. He was still breathing but she couldn’t wake him up from the state he was in. As the tears started to flow from her eyes Chloe let Jun’s words ring in her mind.

It was far from being over.

TBC

Chapter 10 Natural

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Re: Hidden in the Shadows Chapter 9 12/6/06 SV/SN (PG-13/R)

Great update letia! I can't believe Jun is back, I thought they got rid of her! Just when things were getting good for Lex & Chloe too. Can't wait for more.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Excellent update!

Okay, so Chloe is telekinetic and psychic?! Cool And now Jun is back and she is now hurting Lex--DAMN, what will stop this ghost!

Can't wait for more
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Full Member

So that was interesting, Chloe and her powers. Hmm the fun that she could have with that.

Damn Jun does she not know she has to go toward the light. Is there something more to Lex not waking up??

Look forward to reading the rest
    'I build you out of nothing to have you near
    I remembered you on trains
    So now you're on every train I hear'
    Something For Kate: Old Pictures

NS Junior Member

Dam it......... I was so much in it that i fogot it the end of the page. Anyway i realyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy love the cross Sm/Sn is very good and i can't keep myself stell for the nex chap.
    Good work!!!!!!!!
    Many Bravoooooooo

please update again soon I love smallville/supernatural crossover fics and this is a great one, I can't wait to find out what happens next. Especially since its not really over with Jun!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information