Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1219

Thread: The Arrangement (NC-17) Updated: February 21, 2011

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: The Arrangement (NC-17) Updated: March 03, 2009

DAMN!! Cigarette please that was HOT!!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member

I like the remembering of their first session to show how Chloe and Lex have improved. And I really like how Lex is careful to make sure none of these sessions hurt Chloe outside of the arrangement but still do much to keep her fulfilled. Poor Lex having to keep on his toes as Chloe makes him adjust from dom to boyfriend in seconds. Hopefully, he'll get the hang of it.

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

heeee! I highly approve of line smudging. Bring it on! LOL!

I really enjoyed the beginning of this chapter showcasing ‘professional-Chloe’. She plays a lot of roles, and the one most familiar to me is sub-Chloe… so it was great seeing her acting out the tough negotiator in a business meeting. LOL! I especially loved her determination to over-charge this company because they treated her with rude, patronizing lewdness last time she met with their people.

I only got a few minutes of pro-Chloe before Lex interrupted with his session, but it was a wonderful few minutes. And the session he interrupted her with was hot, smutty fun.

Unlike their impromptu phone session four days ago, this one had been planned out to the details and Lex was back on his game. He knew she was in a meeting at the moment, but that played into his hands. He still felt the need to reestablish control and this was an excellent opportunity to do so.
    I always love, LOVE getting Chloe’s and Lex’s psychological statuses before, during and after their Arrangement Sessions. I really liked how this session was basically a reaction to the last time Lex conversed with Chloe. He seriously doesn’t like losing control to any degree, does he? I can see why he chose to re-establish his authority by ‘infringing’ on her work-place (where SHE’S normally in charge) and taking control of her there.

Of course, just because he was proving a point dominating her in the work-place didn’t mean he wanted to cause ANY kind of hurt to her. I really liked how he took pains to make sure that Chloe did NOT, even inadvertently, humiliate herself while complying to his orders. Ordering her to only answer in ‘yes and no’ terms was a great way to protect her from giving clues on what the phone conversation was really about.

heh… and Chloe’s acting was superb. She managed to give exactly the right impression. That she was in the middle of a phone call that she didn’t actually WANT to be embroiled in, but had no choice. It was the perfect way to get privacy in the middle of a meeting without giving offence to her clients.

The thought of being exposed in some way may excite her, but she was also not prone to care for consequences once she sank deeper into her place as his sub.
    heh… Lex knows his sub really very well, doesn’t he? I loved that he knew exactly what her response would be to being on ‘display’ in this manner, AND he made SURE that her kink for dangerous public displays didn’t end up getting her humiliated and fired. The scariest thing is that Chloe probably wouldn’t even have objected to such a price being paid for ONE session of great phone sex.

The session was so damned HOT. And I loved the ‘secretive’ quality of the whole show… the way that Chloe masturbated in front of two disinterested, distracted men without them realizing it. Lex was quite brilliant in dictating her moves to seem natural while ALSO keeping it intensely stimulating for her. I especially loved the order given for her to ‘bounce her leg as if bored’ while her thumb played with her clit and pussy. WOW! Well DONE, Lex!!!

Asking Chloe to suck her thumb while in the middle of an apparent phone conversation with her boss might have been pushing it. It’s quite surprising that she didn’t get any weird looks from her clients on that move, but I guess they were engrossed in their own conversation at this point. I think Lex might have timed the thumb sucking with his own experience in boardroom meetings, and how the workers can get distracted by all kinds of other things while they’re sitting bored.

And I really liked Lex’s idea when he came into Chloe’s office for the second half of their sessions. I liked the neat idea of re-creating the first time that he and Chloe met as sub and dom… bringing back memories of that auspicious beginning, and then giving Chloe the chance to muse over how far they’ve come since then.

LOL! I was really amused by Chloe’s bemused observation about how her choices in bras have improved since then, LOL! Although it’s pretty funny seeing Chloe still a little embarrassed and indignant that she never got a chance to tell Lex she was only wearing her ‘emergency underwear’ on laundry day. Still, it doesn’t really matter now, does it.

It seems like Lex was ALSO having a delightful time reminiscing, and observing how far they’ve come since then. Not only in Chloe’s choice of underwear and her training, but ALSO in the level of trust between them. Now Chloe and Lex are perfectly secure in knowing that they both will ONLY respond sexually to each other, and no person outside of their Arrangement.

“I’m yours.” And it felt good to say that and know it. “And will always be yours. No other man will touch me without your permission. And, even then, they are only a tool that you use to test me.” She knew that to be true because Lex was a possessive creature. While she had kissed and touched Mary Ann that was an isolated incident to teach Sean a lesson.

“You can take me however you want for as long as you want. You can put me in any position and I will hold it for you. My body is here for your pleasure and your pleasure alone.”
    This brought back memories of that first time when Chloe stated her limits on their Arrangement. They were perfectly reasonable limits that any dom would have been perfectly happy and satisfied in honouring, but I’m sure Lex is really pleased to see that Chloe has essentially removed ALL of her limits when it comes to his orders and demands from her. She knows that he knows that she’ll do anything he asks of her, and she also knows that she can always trust him to never abuse that power.

The smut session was most definitely hot, hot, HOT!!! And special kudos, BlueSabby for the addition of high-rise window sex. It was sizzling hot!

Lex inhaled deeply, drinking in the scent of Chloe, sweat and sex, loving every moment of this. “Squeeze your cunt muscles, and don’t stop until you’ve sucked all my come inside you.”

Chloe started to do as she was told. But she didn’t start with a hard pull. No, she started to use short, gentle pulls instead.

Apparently Lex hadn’t expected that either because he surged forward and she felt herself completely pressed against the glass. She ignored the slight discomfort she felt and went back to working at Lex’s dick.

He was close. She knew it by the way his body was moving and the sound of his voice. She just needed to help him over the edge. Because no one else could do it.

She was his, but he was hers, too.
    wow! This has got to be the hottest climax scene I’ve ever read… and it was most impressive because it only detailed Lex’s orgasm while Chloe had not yet been given any order to come. I loved the idea that Chloe’s ‘experimental inner-muscle pulls’ made Lex go absolutely wild… to the extent where he nearly crushed her against the window trying to get deeper inside of her.

I also loved the sheer confidence in Chloe’s observations in knowing that SHE was the only person who can make Lex Luthor experience an orgasm of this magnificent intensity. No one else (not even Lex himself) can make him orgasm like she can.

He had quite an amazing climax, and I’m glad to see he rewarded Chloe’s efforts by ordering her to come to at the end of it. Actually, I wonder whether Lex decides prior to the session whether or not he’s going to make Chloe come… or does he decide during the session itself whether Chloe gets her orgasm or not?

LOL! The ending was delicious and hilarious, BlueSabby! It was so much FUN seeing Lex first so confident and self-assured as Chloe’s dom, and then suddenly so nervous and disconcerted when he realized that he has inadvertently opened himself up to a ‘Chloe and Lex’ moment when he declared the session to a close and didn’t make an immediate getaway, LOL!

At least he didn’t freak out when Chloe invited him out to dinner. I think he’s doing pretty well… all things considered (and by all things, I mean considering the fact that he’s a paranoid, control freak who is frightened silly of normal relationships, LOL!)

I look forward to the next chapter. Good luck with the update.

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar

Wow!! I can't wait to see where their relationship goes. Hope you will update again soon.

NS Full Member

A/N: Blue: The date and the following anarchy that follows it. Well, some of the anarchy, more will come later.
    A/N Sabby: More apologies. But now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

~~

Something was wrong. It wasn’t intuition. The clock told her so.

It was 8:45.

Lex was late.

And Lex was never late.

She’d tried his cell four seconds ago, she still held the cordless in her hand, but he hadn’t picked up.

So, right now, there was much pacing going on.

If another 15 minutes went by, Chloe would have to start looking for Lex.

She put the phone down and checked her watch again. 8:47.

By the time 8:53 rolled around she was going to the closet to get a jacket when there was a knock on the door.

She ripped it open and gasped. “Lex! What happened? Are you ok?”

He was bleeding from the head and had a bunch of napkins over the wound. Chloe pulled him into the apartment and made him sit down on the couch.

She was doing her best not to fret over him but, well, she was going to fail in that.

Lex sat down on the couch, slowly, trying to ignore the pounding in his head. “Sorry I’m late. Got Advil?”

He pulled the napkins from his head and looked at them. They weren’t drenched in blood, which was a good sign. He’d lived through worse.

Chloe was almost vibrating with her worry, sitting down, then standing up, then running for the kitchen.

When she got back he took the glass of water and the pills from her and swallowed them slowly. “It’s nothing. Really, don’t worry about it. I’ll be fine in a bit.”

He could see she didn’t believe him. He could also see her only once which was another good sign. “I made the mistake of walking to the flower shop around the corner. Got mugged. This neighborhood is not what it’s cracked up to be.”

Either that, or the guy in the stereotypical dirty clothing with the small caliber gun had gotten lost and decided to make the best of it by threatening the first stranger that crossed his path. It just figured that stranger would be Lex with an armful of flowers and his own gun sitting uselessly at home.

He groaned when the headache kept pounding on despite the pills. “You need to up security in this place.”

“You were getting me flowers?” Of all the stupid and wonderfully surprising ways for Lex to get mugged….

Was the universe trying to tell them something?

Shaking off her first stupid question, she said, “You didn’t lose consciousness did you?” From the look that he gave her she was going to guess no for the moment.

Chloe took the napkins out of his hand and threw them on the table. “Let me see.” When she moved forward, he jerked away. Glaring at him, she said, “I said, Let. Me. See.”

If he thought that he was getting out of this place without her cleaning the wound he was crazy. Actually, if he thought he was getting out of here tonight, he was mental.

Lex was rolling his eyes and grumbling but she completely ignored him. She sat up on her knees and looked at his head. There was a bump and a small cut that looked like it was clotting already.

“You stay here, I’m going to get some alcohol…the kind for your head. And a band-aid or two. You will not whine and complain that it’s not necessary. You will let me do this if for no other reason than to shut me up.”

She stood up and said, “I suppose you didn’t call the cops or even think to see proper medical attention.” Another look. Chloe sighed, “You’re going to be the death of me, I swear.”

Muttering about all of his faults, she made her way to the bathroom.

Lex leaned back into his seat and huffed out a breath. There was no reason to call the cops. The only people he needed to call were his bank for the credit cards and the DMV to get a new drivers license.

Chloe’s fussing was a bit on the irritating side, but Lex had been mildly amused when she’d swooned about his attempt to get flowers. Lex didn’t know what it was about females and flowers, but he’d learned to work it to his advantage.

Usually he didn’t suffer a concussion from that, though.

Chloe came back with a large bottle of disinfectant, a full bag of cotton balls and a package of band-aids.

Lex sighed and let her work on his head, gritting his teeth against the sting of the alcohol. “I’ve had about two hundred concussions in my life. There’s no need to get all fussy about it. I’ll be fine. This isn’t even the worst one I’ve had.”

She was still looking at him as if she waited for him to drop dead the very next moment.

Lex couldn’t resist pulling her leg for over-reacting like that. “I’m fine, really, so both of you can stop fussing now.”

“What!” Two of her, this wasn’t good, it was…..

Then she saw the look on Lex’s face. “Asshole!” She threw a few cotton balls at him.

He might think that she was overreacting and she might be a little but it wasn’t as if he would have taken this all la de dah had their situations been reversed.

“What if I showed up at your place bleeding from the head, hmmm?” When his face drew in, she pointed and said, “Ha! There you go. Hypocrite.”

“So don’t tell me to stop fussing. I’ll stop fussing when I decide to. I happen to like your head in one piece and having it where it belongs, thank you very much.”

She threw the medical supplies in the kitchen trash can and then joined Lex on the couch. She gently kissed the side of his head and then smiled sweetly. “So, where are my flowers?”

Chloe immediately started to laugh when Lex looked incredulous at the question.

“Where do you think they are?” He reached up with one hand and carefully massaged his temples as he let his head drop back against the headrest again. “I dropped them when the fucker clogged me in the head. They weren’t worth picking up after he trampled on them when he ran off.”

Lex shrugged. “I’ll bring you some next time, but then I’ll take the car.” He looked at her from the corners of his eyes. “And I wasn’t kidding. You need to up security in this place.”

He wouldn’t tell her to move, because Chloe would never agree to that. But he could at least caution her to protect herself better. This place wasn’t bad, the area was generally a good one, but you never knew.

The Advil was slowly starting to work and Lex relaxed into the cushions. This was not how he’d planned for the evening to turn out. So much for a nice dinner date.

Lex smirked as he closed his eyes. “Told you I suck at dating.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and eased herself back into the couch cushion. “Clearly. Because getting mugged is completely your fault and indicative of your dating skills.”

She knew he was kidding but she thought that Lex might be only slightly kidding. “You were bringing me flowers,” she reminded him. “Anyone who sucked at dating wouldn’t have done that.”

“And you know,” she said, taking his hand and linking their fingers, “the only reason that I’m not mauling you at the moment is because you’re injured. Otherwise, it would be game on.”

Because it always inappropriately turned her on when Lex really tried to be a good date.

She squeezed his hand before letting it go. “Are you hungry? Or did the hankering for food get knocked out of you?”

Chloe had actually done some pretty fancy stuff….for her. She’d made a shrimp pasta dish that had some very good wine in the sauce that she’d created herself.

“I’ll even serve you right here.” She knew he wasn’t an invalid but the less he moved the better…for her mental health.

The thought of food made his stomach clench. Unfortunately, it didn’t clench with hunger. “Would your fussing kick into overdrive if I told you I’m not really hungry right now?”

It was endearing that she was so worried about him, but it was also mostly unnecessary. He’d had concussions before, so he knew all he needed was a few hours of relative silence and relaxation to cope with the debilitating headache. He’d be fine after that.

The fact that she wanted to maul him while he looked like someone who’d been slip and sliding in the gutter was also a little disturbing. Lex chose not to think about it too deeply.

“Not overdrive,” she told him. “But I’m not going to lie and tell you that I’m not concerned that you don’t want to eat.”

She knew Lex. Knew that he’d probably had a light lunch before visiting her office. He’d probably gone back to his glass castle a few blocks away and worked straight through dinner.

Oh, well, it just cemented the fact that there was no way in hell she’d let him leave tonight.

She picked up the remote. “TV? Or did you want to go and lie down?” She thought the latter was the best idea but knew she’d never get Lex into bed, in whatever way, unless he wanted to be there.

“You’re not supposed to sleep with a concussion.” Lex cited the fact that had been drummed into him by his used-to-be doctor Toby and a whole army of nurses over the years. “It’s too bad lying down actually sounds good right about now.”

He’d gone years without a concussion. It had been so long that he’d completely forgotten what it felt like. The pounding headache wasn’t even the worst part about it. It was the general sense of having your brains knocked out of your skull and not being able to think straight.

“Turn on the TV if you want. I’m just going to sit here until I’m clear enough to drive home.”

There was no reason for him to hang around for a date when he wasn’t in the least bit up to it. Chloe certainly had better things to do than watch him bumble around like a brainless fool. She also had work in the morning and he didn’t want her to waste her time fretting instead of getting a good night’s sleep.

“Sorry for calling a rain check on the date.” He turned his head to the side to smirk at her. “I’ll make it up to you.”

“On what planet do you live that you think you’re driving home?” She couldn’t believe him. What did he think was going to happen? He’d chill out here for awhile in pain and then she’d wave him off into his car? He must be high, it was the only explanation.

Lex started to pipe up but she didn’t want to hear it. “You’re staying here. That’s the end of it. There will be no bartering and arguing. And if you need to rationalize this in that pea brain of yours, just tell yourself that I would be worried sick about you if you went back to your place.”

Sure, he’d call her when he got there. But that didn’t take care of the rest of the night. In which she would imagine him slipping into a coma and dying. Because she was stable like that.

“So,” she said, getting up, “we can go lie down together and I’ll keep you awake to make sure everything’s ok.”

Lex looked up at her with raised brows trying to figure out what to say to this. “You realize I’m the one with the head bump. So why are you the one acting crazy?”

She was taking this too seriously. It wasn’t like he’d fall into a coma and die if he was left to his own devices. There really was no need for all this fussing and bossing around. There was especially no need for the bossing around.

“It’s just a mild concussion. I don’t even have a headache anymore. The drop in IQ is temporary too, it’ll pass and I’m still smart enough to handle an automatic car.”

On second thought, he was pretty sure he’d taken the Porsche and that was a stick shift, if he remembered correctly. Maybe he should call a taxi.

Lex reached out to grab her hand and squeezed her fingers gently. “I’ll be fine, really. You need your sleep and if I stay your fussing is bound to annoy me and then I’ll piss you off and it’s just not a good idea.”

He wasn’t Mister Sunshine at the best of times and his temper didn’t improve when he suffered a hit. It would really be for the best if she just let him go home and come back when he was up to snuff. He didn’t want to risk saying something stupid when he’d so far managed to avoid that during their dates.

“I don’t care,” she told him. Because, sure, that would all happen but that was a part of dating someone. It wasn’t great all of the time. It was shitty probably forty percent of the time but it was the sixty percent that kept you still in it.

“Lex, like it or not, you mean something to me. And I take care of what’s mine.” She knew that that wouldn’t probably hold much power over him so she moved to another tactic.

“Besides, if it’s my sleep that you’re worried about you should stay. If you go home I’ll worry all night long.”

She sat down on the coffee table and waited until he looked at her. “Stay. Please?”

Lex looked squarely at her and pulled his face into a sneer. “I hate when you womenfolk do that.”

Chloe was looking at him all pleadingly and trying to twist his own words around and make him think that it was for her good to make him stay. At the same time she was pulling out all the stops with the big hazel eyes and the worried face and asking him nicely as if she wouldn’t tie him down to the couch before she let him walk out of here.

Great, this evening was bound to end disastrously. “Fine. I’ll stay.”
    ~~
    “I don’t care if you think you’re right. Trust me, you’re not! Guess again.”

Chloe knew that Lex was about three to six minutes away from smothering her to death with a pillow but she didn’t care. She had to keep them both awake and she’d decided that shadow puppets were the best way to go.

It had taken her about twenty minutes to convince him to play and now it was a disaster. Mostly because she was ass at making the shapes.

She looked over at him and he was glaring at her. “Be nice to me, you like me, remember?”

Lex growled under his breath and closed his eyes, trying to ignore the ongoing prattle of Chloe’s voice. “I like you better when you’re silent and not making shadow puppets that all look the same.”

The bird and the bunny had been the only ones that were actually recognizable. “So stop contorting your fingers. I’m done guessing what those shadow lumps are supposed to be.”

He was feeling a little better already, but not nearly good enough to keep playing silly games when all he wanted to do was close his eyes and wait for the lump induced stupidity to pass. “And it’s still at best a turtle.”

Stupid shadow animals. He really wished he’d insisted on going home.

“It was a buffalo,” she informed him. “But I could see how it was a little ambiguous.”

She leaned against his shoulder. “So, what now? Twenty questions? Truth or dare?”

It was already three in the morning so there were a few hours still left to kill. But, by now, she knew Lex would be fine.

And she noticed that he was yawning more and more. She actually hoped that he did fall asleep. He never got enough rest.

“Or we could always…”

She didn’t get the rest of her sentence out. She felt herself now squashed into Lex’s shoulder and her voice was muffled.

Lex was usually so mature that the immature move to shut her up made her start to giggle.

“Is that a hint?” She was fairly sure he could make the words out, though.

“More like a last resort.” He grumbled as he loosened his grip and smoothed out her hair. “Are you going to shut up and let me sleep now?”

He was bone tired and the Advil had stopped working about an hour ago. It wasn’t a pounding headache anymore, but he was far from clearheaded. Since he was doomed to stay here at least until the morning, he wasn’t going to take any more additional suffering.

“I promise I’m not going to slip into a coma or anything.” He patted her back absently as he took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

He’d done his best to keep his temper in check but if she kept him up for much longer he could not be held responsible for his actions. There was no reason to stay awake, especially not when he was comfortable and ready to drop into blissful unconsciousness.

“Ok,” she said reluctantly. “But only because of the promise.”

She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed for a second. “Sorry about tonight. I was just scared and, you know, reacted to that.”

There weren’t many people in the world that Chloe considered family and Lex was one of them.

“I think we should make a deal, though. Neither of us goes to work tomorrow.” Sure, every day was crazy but she could afford to take one day off. And if she could, he could.

She smiled against him and then raised her head. Chloe tried to look as pathetic as possible, actually purposely overdoing it, and then said, “Please?”

Lex caught one glance of her look and pushed her face back into his shoulder. “Women. Evil, the lot of you.”

He shouldn’t agree to this. It wasn’t necessary and the workload on both of their desks would triple while they were gone. On the other hand, he could delegate.

Chloe was a partner now, so she had the same option, however, she’d only been made partner recently. It wouldn’t look too good when she already took a personal day. Then again, it wouldn’t look any better if she fell asleep on her desk or messed up a deal because she was overly tired.

“Fine. Now shut up and sleep.” He smoothed out her hair again and let his hand fall loosely around her waist.

Her body felt warm and comfortable and he didn’t mind the arm around his chest. She didn’t even feel heavy half on top of him.

He was already half asleep when his hand slid a little further down to cup her ass. If she’d lost weight again, it wasn’t too bad yet. “I’ll take you out for lunch or something.”

Chloe was able to hold in the laugh. Barely. Because what person in their right mind felt up your ass, assessed its size, and then offered to feed you?

Her Lex, that was who.

And it was fine by her, too. Sure, their relationship was crazy and complicated but it worked for both of them and that was the only thing that mattered.

She was also relieved that he’d agreed to her term so easily.

When Lex’s body was very still for a few minutes she moved her head and checked to see if he was asleep. He was.

As she looked him over, she reflected on the years that they’d known each other with a huge gap in the middle of them.

She knew she loved him. But it didn’t scare her all that much.

Because whether he knew it or not, whether he wanted to or not, Lex would follow her down that path. She had faith in that.

And she could be patient when she needed to be.

Snuggling up next to him, she let out a sigh and then got to work falling asleep.

~~

Sunlight was hitting his face dead on, pulling Lex mercilessly out of his sleep. He tried to roll over to evade the glare, but there was something on top of him that made it impossible. Lex grumbled and slowly cracked an eye open to figure out what was going on.

Chloe was on top of him. She was still asleep, too, if the deep breathing and snuffling sounds were anything to go by.

Lex squeezed his eyes shut.

Right, he’d come over for a date last night. But then he’d gotten mugged and concussed and there’d been shadow animal lumps and she’d kept him awake until the early hours of the morning. He’d only gotten her to shut up by agreeing to take a day off.

But they hadn’t had sex.

Lex didn’t quite know how that little fact figured into anything, but it was worth mentioning.

He lifted his head to look down at Chloe again.

She was still asleep and clamped around him like a vine.

He dropped his head back to the mattress and resigned himself to the situation. He’d promised not to run anymore, too. It wasn’t all that bad. It could be a lot worse.

The bed was moving. If Chloe had been less exhausted she might be more concerned about that. But she was tired…because of Lex.

Lex. He could be the moving bed.

Generally speaking, she was a clingy sleeper when she was dating a guy. Not that that had happened in a very long time. Before Lex, there was indiscriminate fucking and before that, there was Sean.

So the feeling of waking up like this was something that she only vaguely remembered.

But it was still nice.

If only Lex would stop moving and making that put upon noise.

“You know,” she said, her voice sounding raspy, “you could just move me instead of not so silently suffering through the cuddling.”

Lex hummed. “I remember someone telling me not to leave the next morning. I figured it wasn’t worth getting yelled at again.”

He brought one hand up to clear the sleep from his eyes. “And I was silent.” He hadn’t moved that much either once he’d figured out it was Chloe on top of him.

She obviously had no intention of moving despite the fact that she was awake now.

Lex huffed out a breath and let his arm flop back onto the mattress. “Do I make a comfortable mattress?”

“First of all,” she said as she moved, “moving me off of you is very different than getting up and leaving, don’t you agree?”

She was now completely off of him and tucked her pillow under her as she rolled over onto her stomach. “Second of all, yes, you’re surprisingly comfortable.”

Smiling, she ran her hand up his ribs. “Especially for someone with negative percent body fat.”

Getting a little more serious she said, “Thank you for staying. How’s the noggin?”

He’d tell her he was fine but she still had to ask.

Lex reached up again to feel the bump on his head. The band-aids were still on. “Annoying, but it doesn’t hurt. So I’m fine.”

Taking a day off wasn’t really necessary either. But if he didn’t take the day off, she wouldn’t either.

Lex could see the dark smudges under her eyes and doubted that mascara was solely responsible for them. He kept the exasperated sigh to himself and turned over to face Chloe. “You should call your firm. Let them know you’re not coming in today.”

Personally, he had no clue what to do if she expected him to hang around for the entire day. Concussions weren’t really conducive to making plans, so his head was mostly empty. Then there was the problem that the more time they spent together, the more likely it was they would end up fighting.

This was shaping up to be a troublesome day.

Lex craned his neck to look over Chloe at the alarm clock on her bedside table. It wasn’t even eight am yet.

“Already done,” Chloe mumbled. She’d had to pee about an hour or so ago. Her laptop had still been powered up out in the living room so she’d shot a quick email. She was taking a personal day.

That way if, god forbid, she ran into anyone from work it wouldn’t be a big brouhaha. When she caught the expression on Lex’s face, she knew she needed to be clearer with him. “I didn’t call them. I sent an email to Bryce,” who was the CEO, “during the wee hours of the morning.”

Lex was already completely awake and alert. It annoyed her. She took the pillow out from under her and half-heartedly hit him in the chest with it. “Why do you always have to look so good and put together and smart even when you’ve been awake for a minute?”

She did her best to get comfy on the mattress without her pillow. “Not fair,” she grumbled. She couldn’t get in the right position like this.

Chloe moved over until she could put her head on the pillow that was perched on top of Lex. “Stay just like that.”

She was already smiling and bracing herself for what Lex did next.

Lex looked down at the top of her head and furrowed his brows. “You’ve been doing this on purpose from the start.”

Earlier he’d thought she’d been unconscious and hadn’t been aware that she’d used him as a body pillow. However, in light of the new information that idea flew right out the window.

“And here I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you using me as a body pillow was completely accidental.”

He poked her in the side, giving her a chance to remove herself again. “I’m not a piece of furniture, you hear me?”

Lex was willing to compromise on a lot of things, for the sake of keeping what was important to him, but if she kept clinging to him like this, he wasn’t sure what he’d do. Cuddling was just not something he did without extenuating circumstances.

Chloe tilted her head until her chin rested on top of the pillow so she could look at him face on. “I hear you and I understand.” But she liked being close to him.

Based on the look on his face, though, Lex wasn’t a fan of it. Chloe sighed and then rolled back to her side of the bed making sure to take the pillow with her.

“I’ll have you know I didn’t do that on purpose. Last night, I mean.” She propped her pillow up behind her so she could sit up. “I can be a handsy sleeper. That’s all.”

She gave him a smile and held up her hands, “But I promise that I didn’t take any advantage of you.”

Lex cut a glance over at her and arched an eyebrow. “You used my concussed state and inability to operate machinery to play shadow puppets for hours. How is that not taking advantage of me?”

He rolled on his side and sat up, cracking his neck and stretching his arms over his head. Her bed was comfortable, but not as comfortable as his own. But that could be blamed on the fact that he’d had his mattress designed for his specific needs.

“I’m going to make a few calls. Let people know I won’t be in today.” And then he would try to think of something they could do while stalling for all he was worth in the bathroom.

This whole taking a day off thing could become a problem in so many ways.

Chloe rolled her eyes at his tone. Like the whole world market would collapse if it found out that Lex Luthor was going to attempt to relax for a few hours.

In the harsh light of day she saw that this might not be the best idea. Lex never did well when he was backed into a corner.

She was debating on just letting him go to work but she thought that he could really do with some time off.

Moving quickly, she crawled over to where Lex was still sitting and wrapped her arms around him. “It seems to me as if this mattress did not meet your high standards.” She moved her hands to his shoulders, “Can I offer you a massage?”

The last word was said tongue in cheek, a la Austin Powers.

Lex looked over his shoulder at her. “Are you trying to work your sexy mojo on me?”

She was really touchy this morning. Lex didn’t want to use the word clingy, because that would cause an averse reaction in him strong enough to send him running out of the apartment. So, touchy, very touchy.

He knew that she liked his touch when they had a session. It would only make sense, in a way, wouldn’t it, that she also liked it outside of their arrangement. He just wasn’t sure how to deal with the situation at large.

Lex knew from experience that a relationship between adults didn’t last very long if one of the partners refused to let any physical intimacy happen. He also knew, from their unfortunate accidents, that they could make vanilla sex work for both of them. What he didn’t know was how to fucking find a way to make both their arrangement and a relationship work, because he excelled at the former but sucked ass at the latter. And where the fuck was he supposed to draw the lines?

It looked like he didn’t have much time left to figure it out, though. Chloe’s advances were becoming more and more overt and he knew that stalling could only end up making things worse.

His body had gotten tenser and while his question was a joke, she suspected that there was a little truth in him asking that.

And she didn’t want him to think that she was trying to get him to put out or anything. Slow, she had to take this slow with Lex. Like virgin speed.

“No,” she assured him as she took her hands off of him and sat back on her knees. “You just looked tense.” She patted his shoulder and then awkwardly climbed around him until she was off the bed and standing in front of him.

“I’m going to hit the shower. You know where the phone is if your cell is dead.” That happened more often than you’d think with Lex. Mostly because he used up the battery with a call to China so by the time you tried him, it was dead.

Once she was done, she’d try to do something to put him at ease.

“Alright.” Lex nodded and got up as well.

He steadfastly ignored the picture on the wall across Chloe’s bed as he left the bedroom to get to the kitchen.

Lex knew Chloe’s body language. He knew that his body language had affected hers, too. It wasn’t his fault that the thought of fucking things up made him tense. He liked to be in control and ever since they’d started dating he’d felt more and more out of control.

Rubbing over his head, he stepped into the kitchen and went in search for coffee before he took care of his phone calls. He knew his secretary would pitch a fit, and rightly so. But now he was in a deadlock situation where he couldn’t do anything but take a day off if he wanted to fix what had gone wrong with Chloe in the bedroom a minute ago.

Lex gritted his teeth and started the coffee machine before he stalked into the living room and snatched the phone. He heard the shower running down the hall and figured he had about twenty minutes to come up with a way to fix the situation.

Once he’d finished his call to the assistant, sticking her with passing on the news and rescheduling meetings and calls, Lex moved back into the kitchen to get his coffee.

Maybe he should just talk to Chloe, let her know what the problem was. But that would mean surrendering even more of his tenuous control in their relationship, which in turn would reflect badly on their arrangement.

Fuck, he hated this situation. The more he thought about it, the more complicated things got. Maybe he shouldn’t fucking think at all. Maybe he should just go with the flow and accept that his time with her was limited. He could still make the best out of it for as long as he had her.

What Chloe wanted was obvious: intimacy, romance, vanilla sex and all that on a level of equal footing, with neither of them in complete control.

Except for the sex, Lex didn’t excel at any of those things. So it was bound to end horribly anyway. Might as well enjoy the ride to hell.

He brought the coffee mug to his lips and took a long swig, wincing when he burned his tongue on the hot liquid.

NS Senior Member Senior Member

Re: The Arrangement (NC-17) Updated: April 1, 2009

Poor Lex, even in his better relationships, he gets a concussion. I seriously think he needs to calm down about where the relationship will go. I think he can be romantic and whatnot if he doesn't try so hard and just let it come naturally. And no way is Chloe going to want vanilla sex after all they've done. I think they can have a relationship and an exciting sex life if Lex would just get over his worries.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

That was a great update but Lex shut up you big sissy. Lord have mercy. You need to go with the flow and just deal. Why are you punishing Chloe for those other girls. She is not them she is your equal. Get the F over it and be with her. SHEESH!!
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

That was a truly excellent beginning to the new chapter, BlueSabby. LOL! Way to go to cast a sign of ‘baaaad omen’ on the whole let’s try dating and stuff aspect of their relationship, LOL!

I’ll admit, I was ALSO getting a tad freaked out about Lex being so very late for the date. ANY other Lex in any other fanfic might have had logical explanations, but dom-Lex would have to be maimed, dead, kidnapped (or mugged) if he’s late for anything!

awww. And I also sighed and smiled at the idea of Lex stopping off to get Chloe flowers for the date, and then I giggled that he got mugged because of that lovely romantic impulse. LOL! Poor Lex… I hope this doesn’t set up some kind of reflexive memory within him… romance = pain!

But it seems like Lex knew that his flowers (even if they didn’t get delivered) were still greatly appreciated. So at least he knows that romance isn’t a complete waste of efforts

LOL! I loved that Chloe’s first focus, after Lex finished telling her what happened, was on ‘swooning over the flowers’, ROTFLMAO! Oh, Chloe!

Lex couldn’t resist pulling her leg for over-reacting like that. “I’m fine, really, so both of you can stop fussing now.”

“What!” Two of her, this wasn’t good, it was…..

Then she saw the look on Lex’s face. “Asshole!” She threw a few cotton balls at him.
    ROTFL! Hilarious! First of all, I really enjoyed the way that Chloe couldn’t stop herself from fussing over Lex, even though she KNEW that he was going to end up merely annoyed and irritated by that kind of attention. LOL! She knew how he’d react to her coddling, but she couldn’t help herself.

And it was even more fun seeing Lex insisting that He. Was. Fine! That he was used to dealing with concussions…? LOL! As if that’s going to make Chloe feel better? Silly man! But it was so cute seeing him making fun at Chloe’s expense over here… the man is lucky that he has a concussion and Chloe is afraid of throwing anything harder than cotton balls at him, huh? LOL!

“What if I showed up at your place bleeding from the head, hmmm?” When his face drew in, she pointed and said, “Ha! There you go. Hypocrite.”
    heh… I don’t even want to imagine the kind of hysterics that Lex would get into under those circumstances. … Actually I DO want to imagine those circumstances… and read them too! LOL! Any chance of writing a ‘dom-Lex fusses over his semi-badly injured Chloe’ scene in this fic, BlueSabby?

Chloe rolled her eyes and eased herself back into the couch cushion. “Clearly. Because getting mugged is completely your fault and indicative of your dating skills.”

She knew he was kidding but she thought that Lex might be only slightly kidding. “You were bringing me flowers,” she reminded him. “Anyone who sucked at dating wouldn’t have done that.”
    heh… I rather knew that Lex would take the incident of getting mugged on his way to his date with Chloe as some kind of sign of incoming doom. He’s rather superstitious that way. So it was good to see Chloe cutting through that silly notion immediately, making sure that she knows it to be complete nonsense… before the idea gets a chance to fester in his brain. As it is, I’m not convinced that he’s NOT going to let that idea fester…

Lex looked squarely at her and pulled his face into a sneer. “I hate when you womenfolk do that.”

Chloe was looking at him all pleadingly and trying to twist his own words around and make him think that it was for her good to make him stay. At the same time she was pulling out all the stops with the big hazel eyes and the worried face and asking him nicely as if she wouldn’t tie him down to the couch before she let him walk out of here.
    ROTFL! Oh yes… those ‘wicked women’ who like to give their victims the illusion of choice while they arrange matters to their personal liking. ROTFLMAO! I was LOL at Lex’s indignant, irritated and bemused reaction to realizing that Chloe was going to get her way, by hook or by crook… and not even billionaire, Lex Luthor, her dom can stop her.

Actually… I wonder what would have happened if Lex had gone into dom mode and ordered Chloe to back down while he left to drive himself home? That idea, however, didn’t even seem to occur to him…? Perhaps the idea of misusing his powers as a dom is so repulsive that it doesn’t even come into consideration in the idea form?

All in all, I was highly amused by the entire sequence of Lex insisting that he can drive himself home (*snort* yeah right!), and Chloe beating him down to her preference of him staying in her apartment for the night.

ROTFL! She not only managed to tie him down to her apartment, but she also forced him to play shadow-puppets with her?!? ROTFLAMO! Oh dear me… that was a really absurd visual, BlueSabby. I especially enjoyed how it was an abysmally BAD game of shadow puppets, where Chloe couldn’t make a well-defined subject to save her life.

Poor Lex got a serious workout in the exercise of patience. Even when he became desperate, he still managed to keep himself from snapping at Chloe, and ‘only’ tried to smother her silent, LOL!

Lex caught one glance of her look and pushed her face back into his shoulder. “Women. Evil, the lot of you.”

He shouldn’t agree to this. It wasn’t necessary and the workload on both of their desks would triple while they were gone. On the other hand, he could delegate.

Chloe was a partner now, so she had the same option, however, she’d only been made partner recently. It wouldn’t look too good when she already took a personal day. Then again, it wouldn’t look any better if she fell asleep on her desk or messed up a deal because she was overly tired.
    LOL! Look at how he has absolutely no resistance when it comes to Chloe. He knows that she’s purposefully affecting that pitiful, pleading face… and yet he still can’t bring himself to say ‘no’ to it, LOL! He might be the dom in the relationship, but he’s still Chloe’s doormat when it counts, LOL!

I also liked how most of his concern on taking the day off was for Chloe’s sake more than his own. He knew that he could afford the day-off with relatively few long-term repercussions, but he was concerned that Chloe’s bosses would angry about the newest (and undoubtedly youngest) partner taking time off while she’s still in the stage of proving herself.

Chloe was able to hold in the laugh. Barely. Because what person in their right mind felt up your ass, assessed its size, and then offered to feed you?
    ROTFL! Oh this was hilarious!!! And so fitting with this man’s character, LOL! I was most amused seeing how Chloe accepted this craziness as part and parcel of her beautiful relationship with this insane man.

I really loved Chloe’s inner observations musing over how much she loved this man. She can admit that to herself without cringing or panicking? Excellent! I wonder how long before Lex can also think of… the ‘l’ word without freaking out, LOL!

ROTFL! The morning after was adorable. I really enjoyed Lex waking up slightly disoriented… and somehow latching onto the fact that they hadn’t had sex as some kind of reassurance to make up for how the rest of last night went. He’s really freaked out about the idea of sexual relations outside of the arrangement if he can feel so very relieved at the knowledge of ‘no sex happened’ when waking up next to Chloe on some random morning after a date. LOL! Poor messed up dom!

LOL! I also loved the idea of Chloe being a clingy sleeper who cuddled up next to her very prickly dom while they were napping together, LOL! This is going to take a LOT of getting used to on Lex’s behalf, huh?

Lex cut a glance over at her and arched an eyebrow. “You used my concussed state and inability to operate machinery to play shadow puppets for hours. How is that not taking advantage of me?”
    LOL! Make that a very, VERY prickly dom after a cuddly morning after. ROTFLMAO! At least he can joke about it… that’s a good sign.

Lex knew from experience that a relationship between adults didn’t last very long if one of the partners refused to let any physical intimacy happen. He also knew, from their unfortunate accidents, that they could make vanilla sex work for both of them. What he didn’t know was how to fucking find a way to make both their arrangement and a relationship work, because he excelled at the former but sucked ass at the latter. And where the fuck was he supposed to draw the lines?
    This was my favourite paragraph from the fic. I LOVED the insight shown over here about the exactly what kind of issues Lex has about the relationship vs. an arrangement. It makes perfect sense in hindsight of reading it… of COURSE Lex’s main issue about a relationship is going to be lack of control. He doesn’t really mind compromise or even romance. What he minds is not being able to dictate, exact and plan out EVERY little interaction between himself and ‘his woman’ weeks in advance of every meeting.

Poor messed up man! But Chloe’s a smart girl, and I’m sure she’s figured out that her main challenge is going to be persuading Lex that it’s ‘safe’ to let go of control to a certain degree. It sounds really simple… but her dom is the dictionary picture of a control freak who’s going to be slooow in taking in that lesson, lol!

ROTFL! I really liked Chloe’s huffed, frustrated sigh upon realizing that she’s going to have to take this relationship at ‘virgin speed’. ROTFLMAO! That’s wickedly hilarious… but also so true!

Maybe he should just talk to Chloe, let her know what the problem was. But that would mean surrendering even more of his tenuous control in their relationship, which in turn would reflect badly on their arrangement.
    I also LOVED how this paragraph provided us with insight about how Lex is not only wary of giving up control, but he’s also scared silly that being lax on control in the relationship might mean that his standards of control will also fall in their arrangement. That he’ll end up making mistakes as a dom if he becomes too used to impetuousness with Chloe. That actually makes sense… and it IS something that Lex will have to learn to balance out on his own.

heh… but you’re not an old dog yet, Lex. I’m sure you’ll be able to pick up new tricks and tactics with (relatively) few problems. ooooh, but does it make me a sadist admitting that I’m looking SO forward to seeing what kind of mistakes he makes along the way? LOL!

Thanks for posting, BlueSabby. I look forward to the next chapter. Good luck!

NS Full Member

A/N: Blue: Trying to be normal is, well, weird for some characters. But he tries. Enjoy!

A/N: Sabby: Isn't it nice how she tries to be all vague and then ruins it with one single pronoun? Anyway, have fun.

Chloe had thrown on her most comfortable pair of jeans and a t-shirt before padding out to the living room. Lex was still stalking about in the kitchen with the phone in his hand like a lifeline.

She’d had a thought in the shower. Maybe it wasn’t fair of her to think that Lex could change who and what he was overnight. And she didn’t want that. A huge part of Lex’s life was his work and she’d demanded that he take a day off.

It was enough for her that he’d agreed to that.

“Hey,” she said. She was not going to use the can we talk line. She’d just blurt out what she needed to say.

After joining him in the kitchen, she gave him a tentative smile. “I think that you not going to work is obviously not working for you…if you’ll excuse my bad English.”

“This whole thing hasn’t been easy for you and I’m making it harder by demanding you to change literally overnight.” She’d used his injury to her advantage because she had been honestly concerned last night. But she could see that he was fine now.

“Doing all of this hasn’t been easy for you. I know that and I need you to know that I know it and appreciate it. So, why don’t you go back to work?” Chloe didn’t want him to think that she was dismissing him because of the earlier weirdness.
    “You slept in, I consider that a very positive step.” His face was fairly blank and she hoped that she hadn’t done more damage. “What’re you thinking?”

Lex was thinking she’d just dealt him the perfect excuse to leave after an extremely awkward moment in the bedroom. On top of that, she was fidgety and trying to emphasize the fact that she understood his issues and accepted them. Of course she didn’t use the word issues, instead couching her statement in more agreeable terms.

This sucked.

He put the phone aside and shrugged a shoulder. “I appreciate the offer, but I already called them.”

Lex wouldn’t use her excuse. He was done thinking, and he was done running away from a situation that wouldn’t resolve itself in his absence. “So, I hope you have an idea what to do with the next ten hours or so, because I was a little too concussed to make any plans.”

He cocked his head to the side and gave her a searching look. “Unless you’d like me to leave.”

Chloe wouldn’t ask him if he was sure. She didn’t want to push her luck any further.

“Is there a level of concussedness that leaves you able to plan things?” Lex had had so many of them that she was actually curious to his answer.

But when she saw the beginnings of a glare, she held up her hands, “Sorry. OK, well, something non stressful. Food. I need food.”

“As usual,” she added under her breath. Being that they had regular sessions, she needed to intake a lot of calories to keep her ass at an acceptable size for Lex.

She didn’t want a lecture on nutrition from him.

“And bad movies and maybe the park?” She shrugged. “I don’t know, just hanging out, you know?”

Then inspiration hit.

“And your E True Hollywood Story. I Tivoed it the other day.”

Lex put his coffee mug on the counter and frowned at Chloe. “You’re kidding, right? They didn’t do that.”

If there was something more embarrassing than seeing your naked ass on the front pages of a gossip rag, it was being the subject of an hour long special that dug out every single embarrassing moment you’ve ever had and compiled them. Not only that, but they asked people who supposedly knew you to divulge the stuff that hadn’t made it into the rags.

Off of Chloe’s look and the way she smiled and shrugged, he knew she wasn’t kidding.

Lex could see a workload coming up for his lawyers. “Great.”

This was a perfect example of how much he was not in control of his own damn life. “I’d wondered why LuthorCorp stocks dropped. Guess that answers my question.”

“You cannot think that your stocks will drop based on a sleazy, tabloid show that only bored housewives and I watch.”

But Lex was sticking to his story.

“Well then,” she said as she slid past him to get some coffee, “I guess that you’ll just have to stop being so debonair and interesting.” He rolled his eyes, which she considered a good sign.

“Fine, then I guess you won’t care that Bruce Wayne has had a THS, that’s what we call them for short, for over a year now. It’s even been updated.”

As she poured herself a cup of coffee, she looked him up and down. “Hungry. Go shower. I have no food in the apartment that’s breakfasty.”

Lex narrowed his eyes and was about to protest the bossy attitude when Chloe topped it off with a swat to his ass.

At that moment, something snapped. Before he even thought about it, Lex grabbed her wrist and swung around, cornering her against the counter as he got in her face. “Careful, Chloe. We’re not in the fifties, and I’m not your secretary.”

He narrowed his eyes at her as he leaned even closer. “And what do you mean there’s no breakfast food?”

Lex had given her clear instructions when she’d started losing weight at drastic speed once they had sessions on a regular basis. He didn’t like hearing something that sounded suspiciously like she was ignoring his instructions when she saw fit to do so.

It was amazing how fast the guy could turn on you. First he’d been all clenchy and threatening and in the next moment he’d turned into a Jewish mother.

“I mean that I haven’t gone to the grocery store in a few days. I’ve been ordering out a lot. Of course, if you want my left over Chinese food from yesterday afternoon, you’re more than welcome to it.”

His grip on her didn’t let up and he didn’t give her anymore space, either. Chloe tried to figure out what was going on with him while she continued to answer his question.

She could see that the wheels in Lex’s head were still spinning. “If you don’t believe me, you can always grab my ass to check.”

It had not escaped her attention that his hands seemed to wander down there whenever he spoke about her weight. She knew it was because Lex had noticed that she lost and gained weight there first and not because he was concerned about junk, or lack thereof, in her trunk.

Lex didn’t let her snappy comeback faze him. This wasn’t a laughing matter, especially when he had to take it into consideration for their future sessions. “I don’t consider it funny to find out you’re going lax on my instructions, do you?”

When he’d told her to eat regularly, that did not mean he wanted her to ignore breakfast in favor of stuffing herself with junk food, no mater of what variety. “Have you or haven’t you eaten regularly over the past few weeks?”

It was one thing to skip a few meals and gorge yourself on junk for a while if you didn’t really need the calories to keep your strength. However, Chloe needed all the strength she could get. Between working forty to fifty hours a week and engaging in strenuous sessions that sometimes took hours, it was seriously neglectful and risky to indulge in unhealthy eating habits.

Chloe worked her wrist away from Lex’s hand as she did her best to control her temper. How Lex could think that she wasn’t obeying him was beyond her. She wasn’t sure if it was a product of him feeling so uncertain in their dating world that he needed to comfort himself with their arrangement.

“Are you asking or is my dom asking?”

She could feel her chin jutting out. That trait had shown up in her life at the ripe old age of two so it was pretty hard to break.

“I have been eating regularly,” she told him with little emotion. More softly, she told him, “I wouldn’t disobey you, Lex.”

The urge to tell him that she knew he was scared and freaked was huge but she curbed it.

“And I know that you can’t parse out you you and dom you, but, come on. After this long you have to admit that the question is just a little insulting to me.”

He arched his brow at Chloe’s answer. “Nobody is perfect, Chloe. Not even you.”

Lex was trying to keep his voice at a normal pitch and not slip completely away from his normal persona, but it was difficult. The two were very close together at any time and not easy to separate. Especially not when he was standing right in front of the woman who was supposed to be his sub and was instead giving him lip and accusing him of insulting her with his suspicions.

Her reaction showed the pride that pushed to the surface during their sessions every once in a while and that Lex had to call her on several times.

None the less, right now, she wasn’t his sub. However, they were talking about something that influenced their arrangement heavily.

“You have to admit that it doesn’t look good when you tell me that you’ve been living off of junk food the past few days and don’t even have anything for breakfast in the house.”

Chloe crossed her arms over her chest. “Oh, really? And what have you eaten in the past few days.” Chloe was sure as hell not starving herself. Her eating habits were crap now because of the lack of time that she had.

Take out was easy to get and eat and your desk and she hadn’t had time to go shopping in forever. She kept meaning to use the food bitches service that had your groceries delivered to your door but she would actually have to be home for that.

When she saw the expression on Lex’s face, she pointed and smiled. “Ha! I thought so.”

“And everyone knows I’m not perfect, Lex. But, come on, me keeping the weight on is really important to you. It’s not something that I take, excuse the pun, lightly.”

She grabbed his hands. “I know that this is weird and tricky and all of those things but we do have to talk about this stuff. The reason I’ve been doing the non cooking thing and that I’m out of food is just that there’s a learning curve with my time management.”

He didn’t look convinced. “I’m figuring out how to juggle my new position and everything else in my life.” It would help when she got her second assistant. Apparently she got one for business and one that was her personal assistant. So, once she got over the weirdness and got a lock on her bedroom door, they’d do her shopping for her.

Lex took a deep breath and remained silent while he sorted out what he wanted to say before he said it.

This was exactly what he’d thought would come to pass once they got together outside of their arrangement. Because outside their arrangement she felt free to debate and justify her actions, including her interpretation of his orders.

If this matter had come up in a session, he would have grilled her mercilessly to find out just what she had eaten in the last few days, how much of it, and how many times a day. It was his right and responsibility as a dom to do so.

However, they were standing in her kitchen, having a conversation outside of their arrangement and if he judged correctly, his reaction right now would decide if this turned into a fight or stopped at the stage where it was still a discussion.

Lex did not want to fight with her. Things were fucked up enough after what had happened in the bedroom and did not need to get any worse. So much for being in control. Hah, he’d kissed the illusion of control good bye the moment he’d agreed to this.

“Alright.” He nodded to himself and put the subject to rest in his head. “I’m not too happy about it, but I understand.”

He smirked and shrugged. “I guess that decides what’s first on our list of things to do today. After I get a shower and take you out for breakfast.”

Lex would make sure she ate something sensible and fill up her fridge to last at least a week. That was about the best he could do in this situation.

Chloe squeezed Lex’s hands again. She knew that he wouldn’t appreciate her thanking him for understanding or anything else that she wanted to tell him right now. It would probably either annoy or embarrass him.

“You want to run an errand with me?” That made no sense…in a regular relationship.

And being that Lex was tabling his obvious displeasure at what he viewed as her disobeying him, she wouldn’t start in on the fact that his offer made her feel like she was a child who needed Lex to supervise what she bought at the store.

She shrugged. “Whatever floats your boat,” she told him with a smile. “I’ll make a list and ferret out the deals while you get ready.”

Chloe was strangely obsessed with coupons. “I will show you how grocery shopping is done. It’s totally my bitch.”

Lex’s smirk twitched into a smile for a moment. “I look forward to seeing that.”
    ~~

Two hours later, he was ambling behind Chloe and her shopping cart. He was pleased to see that the large cart was already halfway filled with frozen meat, veggies, cornflakes, dairy, bread, and all the other things one can’t do without.

They’d had breakfast at a nice café near Chloe’s place and he’d watched her dig into her French toast with gusto while he’d stuck to something less sweet. It had been a little difficult to bite back on a comment when she’d ordered a large glass of chocolate milk to go with her toast. Lex had managed though, telling himself that chocolate milk still was milk in a manner of speaking and milk was a good thing.

Now they were making their way through the fruit aisle, which he could have sworn they’d passed twice already. This store had a peculiar set up.

Lex’s eyes passed over the products and caught on the display of green and red grapes. “What does your list say about those?”

She really had made a list while he’d been in the shower and Lex had almost balked when he’d seen the booklet of coupons right next to it. He knew what kind of money Chloe made since she’d been promoted to partner, she really did not need to use coupons.

Chloe searched through her notebook and pulled out the coupon she found online triumphantly. “Half off baby,” she said, waggling the coupon around.

She knew that Lex thought she was ridiculous but who was she to say no to free money and stuff? Sure, she had lots of money but that was no reason to squander it in places where she could save it.

“Now, let’s see,” she said, looking over her choices. “Green this time.” Thankfully, the grapes were in bags and not in that Styrofoam coupled with saran wrap over it contraption. That way Chloe could get at them and sample a few.

There was nothing worse than getting home, popping one of them in your mouth and finding out that they were very sour. It pissed her off.

Chloe took two off of their stems and munched on them. Yup, good idea. She made a face and moved onto a different bunch.

She handed a few to Lex to get his opinion and then noticed that an older man was giving her the stink eye. He muttered something under his breath about ‘stealing’ and Chloe had half a mind to go over there and knee him in the groin.

It wasn’t stealing, it was testing out the produce. Her hand bumped into Lex’s as he went for some grapes, too. After he ate a few, she smiled up at him and then gave him a quick peck on the mouth.

“Glad I’m not the only thief,” she said as she smiled warmly up at him. Then she turned around to give the death glare to the dude’s back.

Lex was a little dumbstruck by her move, but shook himself out of it quickly.

“It’s not stealing, it’s sampling. And I think these are good.” He picked up the last bunch and placed it in the cart.

The casual way she’d just kissed him was something he’d have to get used to. It was a kind of public display of affection that he didn’t have a lot of experience with. Mostly, because it was completely G rated and not in the least bit sexual. Ironically, it made him want to turn her around again and kiss her properly.

Lex pushed that thought away and put his mind back on shopping. “Anything else you want to get?”

He perused the rest of the fruity displays. “How about a few apples? Or are you more of a banana type?” He smirked as he picked up one particularly large banana and held it out to her.

As far as innuendoes went, it was pretty lame, but a little humor never hurt.

“You know it,” she said as she waggled her eyebrows. She actually did like bananas a lot. But you couldn’t get too many unless you knew you were going to eat three or so a day.

She took the banana out of Lex’s hand and saucily trailed her fingers over it pretending it was something else.

After putting in into her cart, she took another bunch of three. It was great that this store was so convenient to her place. That way, she could pop in every few days for new fruits and veggies.

As Chloe looked over cart and list, she thought that she was mostly done. Now was the fun part. “Ready for the cookie aisle and bakery?”

“Good,” she said, scurrying off.

Lex shook his head and followed after her. “You’re not going to ruin the good example you just set by totally pigging out, are you?”

Thankfully, she’d broken the momentary spell she’d put on him when she’d fondled the banana. Lex should have seen her reaction coming, however, he hadn’t taken into account that Chloe literally knew no shame.

It seemed there was no getting around the subject of sex. His reaction to her advances earlier had only caused trouble, so he decided to stick with his plan of giving up on resistance. That still didn’t mean he’d go at it in the local grocery shop. Some lines had to be drawn. Especially when there were mothers with children around.

Lex moved around the aforementioned mother and children to follow Chloe into the cookie aisle.

Julie's Soul Sister

Re: The Arrangement (NC-17) Updated: April 8, 2009

This whole thing would look so normal if it wasn't of their actual arrangement. Lex seems so lost without control. I wnder how it'll affect their next session. And whether he will end up one day ending either the relationship or the arrangement. Doesn't work that well for him right now Or hopefully he will end up accepting it and admitting he really love Chloe.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information