+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Not Shining Tonight (Hard R)

I'm Not Shining Tonight (Hard R)

Author: sadie kate
    Rating: Hard R
    Category: Smut
    Spoilers: Midway through season five, to be safe, though it has only a vague acquaintance with canon.
    Disclaimer: Don't own 'em. Borrowing 'em for my own enjoyment
    Summary: Lex. Chloe. A contrived situation. Snark. Sex. A loooooot of sex
    Author's Note: Apologies if I wound up posting this in the wrong place - feel free to move if I misunderstood.

I’m not shining tonight, just radioactive
    You have carbonated my bloodstream
    When I stumble, it will be under your spell at your command
    When I stumble, it will be into your hand
    Can it be the storm has passed?

-- Tanya Donelly, “The Storm”

“Chloe. What a surprise,” Lex said coolly, rising to greet her as she strode across his office.

She looked up at him quizzically.

“Our appointment was for tonight, wasn’t it?” she queried. She balanced an overstuffed day planner on the edge of his desk and licked her finger before flipping rapidly through the pages. “I have it down that I was supposed to be here at seven.”

“Of course,” he expounded. “But I had thought that perhaps the inclement weather would keep you at home.”

“Please, Lex,” she scoffed. “We live in the meteor freak capital of the world. Did you really think a pesky tornado warning was going to rattle me?”

“Point taken,” he acknowledged, crossing the room to pour himself a scotch. “Can I get you something to drink?”

“Just water is fine, thanks,” Chloe responded absently. “I’ve got to drive back to Metropolis tonight.”

He waited until he had settled himself on the far side of his massive desk before he addressed her again.

“So what brings you here this evening, Ms. Sullivan? I’m inferring that you’re here on some sort of official business. You’re usually not so formal.”

“You mean, why did I actually call before I dropped by this time?” she asked wryly, and he allowed a smile to play across his lips.

“You have to admit, it is unusual,” he pointed out.

“I suppose that since you’re onto all my nefarious dealings and subterfuge, I’ll just have to come clean,” Chloe said smoothly. Her expression was carefully blank, and it was only because Lex had known her for so long that he recognized it as a sign of her nervousness.

“I was hoping,” she continued, after taking the tiniest pause for a quick deep breath. “That you might grant me an interview. Let me pick your brain on your platform, what you’d hope to accomplish if you win the senatorial race, that sort of thing.”

“I already gave a press conference with all that information,” he reminded her, steepling his fingers together under his chin. “You were there, if I’m not mistaken.”

“I’m surprised you noticed me,” she rejoined, with a faintly bitter twist to her mouth. “I spent most of my time running back and forth to the coffee stand, delivering beverages to the senior reporters. Which is all I will be doing, unless I manage to score a big story on my own, such as an exclusive interview with the enigmatic Lex Luthor.”

“Well, that’s refreshing,” Lex noted. “You’re very up front with your motivations. I thought you’d try to sell me on taking a personal approach to my campaign. At least you’re not trying to hide the fact that you’re only here because you want to scoop every other reporter in town.”

“I figured you’d appreciate that, me leveraging a personal relationship for professional gain,” Chloe said tightly. “You know me. The byline is the bottom line.”

“I admire your approach,” he said, shaking his head and smiling slightly. He leaned back and studied her. She held his gaze, evenly.

“You’re not going to do the interview,” she said. It wasn’t a question.

“As much as I’d love to help an old friend kickstart her burgeoning career, I’m afraid it’s just not possible,” he confirmed. “Even if this whole folksy, reaching-out-to-the-people thing dovetailed with my campaign strategy – which it doesn’t – I’d never let you be the one to profile me. There’s too much history between us. In fact, while I’m sure your superiors would be impressed by your connections, they wouldn’t let you put your name on the story anyway. It would open them up to accusations of bias.”

She paused for a long moment, seemingly collecting her thoughts, and he prepared for a rebuttal.

“I see your point,” Chloe said finally. “Thanks for your time.”

“That’s it?” Lex asked, not bothering to conceal his surprise.

“I’ve got a long drive ahead of me,” she replied mildly, as she tucked her notebook into her bag and stood up. “There’s no sense in starting up an argument I can’t win. Anyway, I’m not surprised you turned me down. I had expected as much. I figured it couldn’t hurt to give it a shot, nonetheless.”

“You’re usually much more dogged,” he persisted, dubiously.

“There’s a fine line between being persistent, and being a pain in the ass,” she said, smiling slightly sadly. “I’m working on finding the right balance. So. If you change your mind, you know where to find me.”

She slung her bag carelessly over her shoulder, and she suddenly looked very young. Lex rose to his feet abruptly.

“I’ll walk you out.”

“There’s no need. I know the way.”

“It’s no bother,” he assured her, stepping ahead of her to open the door out into the hallway. “I wouldn’t mind checking on the weather, anyway. I had planned to drive to Metropolis myself tonight, but I may hold off until morning.”

“Probably a good idea,” she said serenely. “We all know about your unfortunate tendency towards inadvertent vehicular destruction.”

He cast her a sidelong glance. She was only smirking a little so he let the comment slide.

The wind had definitely picked up; even before he swung the front door open, he could hear it howling faintly through the old stone walls. It was a struggle to push the heavy wooden door open, and when he finally managed it, a sudden gust almost tore it from his grasp.

“Maybe you shouldn’t leave yet,” Lex said, raising his voice over the sound of the wind.

“I’ll be fine,” Chloe scoffed. Her hair whipped around her face, and she pushed it aside impatiently. “I should go before it gets much worse.”

She started down the steps towards the driveway, and Lex paused for only a split second before following her.

“Don’t be stupid, Chloe,” he shouted, catching up to her and grabbing her by the arm. The wind was picking up by the second, and he could barely hear himself over the rush of it in his ears. “It’s too dangerous to be out on the road.”

“I told you, I’m – “

She trailed off, and he half-turned to follow her gaze. A twister danced lazily over the fields not far from the mansion.

“Inside. Now,” he yelled firmly, and she made only a half-hearted protest as he dragged her back up towards the house with him.

As they reached the door, he heard a tremendous cracking noise, followed by the shattering crash of glass. He felt Chloe start at the sound, and he pulled her closer to him. He waited until they were safely inside to turn around towards the source of the commotion.

“Well … shit.” Chloe said succinctly, as Lex slammed the door shut on the sight of her car, which had been impaled by a large tree branch.

“If it helps,” he said dryly. “I promise not to say ‘I told you so’ until your insurance check clears.”

“Bite me,” she said wearily, then jumped again, startled by a sudden gust of wind rattling the stained glass windows in the hall.

Lex realized he was still holding onto her arm, and quickly relinquished his grasp.

“It’s not safe up here,” he said after a moment. “Come on.”

Apparently near-death experiences could rattle even the usually unflappable Chloe Sullivan, he noted to himself. Because if she was thinking of smart-ass comments as she followed him down the stairs to the basement area of the mansion, for once she was keeping them to herself.

“You know,” Chloe said an hour later. “I find myself thoroughly unsurprised that you have a bunker. You would have a bunker.”

She was curled up on a surprisingly comfortable couch made of overstuffed leather. She had accepted his offer of scotch this time, because it didn’t look like she’d be going anywhere anytime soon. Even if the storm blew over quickly, her car was currently in about a hundred and thirty seven pieces, most of which were probably strewn across the fields by now.

Chloe crinkled up her nose as she took another tiny sip of her drink. She could probably pay her rent for a year for the cost of a bottle of the stuff, but it may as well have been kerosene, as far as she was concerned.

Lex exhaled sharply, his breath coming out in a huff, and she glanced over at him.

“What?” she asked, surprised.

“I don’t know that I’d call this place a bunker,” he said, slightly miffed. “Bunkers have concrete walls, and cots.”

He had a point. The basement suite was easily the size of her apartment. Hell, the bed in the corner was practically the size of her apartment. The bookcases were filled with enough volumes to rival the local library. And Chloe had definitely never been in a basement rec room with a plasma TV and surround sound before.

“I’m terribly sorry,” she humored him. “I didn’t mean to denigrate your interior decorating skills. It’s all very well-appointed. I can honestly say I’ve never been in a swankier storm shelter, before. In fact, I find it oddly comforting, knowing that even in the event of an apocalypse, you’ll be living in the lap of luxury.”

“Yes, I had this room set up specifically for that purpose,” Lex informed her blandly.

“It’s brilliant, really,” she grinned. “When the world ends, you and wife number eight or whatever you’re up to by then, can get right on procreating to save mankind. It would be a shame to let the Luthor genes die out, after all.”

“That would never happen. We’re indestructible. We’ll be around forever.”

“Yeah, like cockroaches,” Chloe snorted. “And Madonna.”

She watched as Lex moved easily across the room to refill his glass. When it had become apparent that they were going to be stuck down there for at least a few hours, she had kicked off her shoes and divested herself of her jacket. Much to her surprise, Lex had followed suit, shedding his tie and rolling up the sleeves of his dress shirt. She was unused to seeing him anything less than impeccably put together, except perhaps in the immediate aftermath of a near-death experience.

“So, what other hidden rooms do you have down here in the labyrinth?” she asked playfully. “Top-secret lab facilities? Tiki bar? Sex dungeon?”

Lex cocked an eyebrow at her, as if to say, Wouldn’t you like to know?

“Can’t knock off the reporter bit more than five minutes, can you?”

“Since you bring it up, it really is a shame that you’re too afraid to let me interview you,” she commented, idly swirling her drink around in her glass. “It certainly would help to pass the time.”

“You severely underestimate me if you think I’m about to fall for your elementary-school tactics,” Lex replied, settling back down on the far end of the couch. “I am not about to allow you to goad me into an interview, just because you’re implying that I’m a chicken.”

“I call ‘em like I see ‘em, Lex. You said it yourself. There’s too much history between us. You don’t think I can be objective.”

“Of course you can’t,” he said incredulously. “The Kents are like a second family to you. How could I be assured that you wouldn’t use my words against me to further Jonathan Kent’s campaign?”

“I’ve never specialized in smear tactics,” Chloe said quietly. “I would have hoped you knew me better than that.”

Lex sighed.

“There’s no sense in pretending that you don’t see the line in the sand,” he said patiently. “Clark’s on one side of it, and I’m on the other. It’s no secret where your loyalties lie.”

“Of course I’m loyal to Clark,” she exclaimed, with no small measure of exasperation. “He’s my best friend. I used to think that you and I were friends too, you know. I’m not the one who made this an either-or situation.”

“Sometimes you have to pick sides, Chloe. That’s just the way the world works. Get a little older, and you’ll realize that.”

“Go to hell, Lex. And take that condescending attitude with you. So you two can’t play nice. That doesn’t mean I have to pick who I like better. Just because I refuse to stay on one side of a line that’s only visible to you, it doesn’t mean that I’m some naïve child.”

“Oh, and Clark hasn’t warned you to stay away from me?” he asked incredulously.

He took her studied silence as assent.

“See? I’m not the only one who sees the way things are,” he persisted, smugly

“Fine, so we’ve established that you’re both stubborn idiots,” Chloe snapped. “Yay, team.”

She slammed back the rest of her scotch, and then made a terrible face. Lex looked down at his own drink, muffling a smile. He waited a moment before he spoke again, waiting until the undercurrent of tension, stretched tight as a garrotte across the silence, dissipated a little.

“You should cut me a little slack,” he murmured finally, watching for a reaction out of the corner of his eye. “I did just save your life, and all.”

Chloe glared at him.

“How do you figure that?”

“Ms. Sullivan, your car was skewered. You would have been a human shish kebab, if not for my noble efforts. I think a little gratitude is in order.”

He smirked at her evident discomfiture.

“You make it sound like you risked life and limb,” she griped, running a hand through her still wind-tangled hair. “The worst thing that could have happened to you would have been a damaged manicure. I’ve seen fluffy kittens perform more daring acts of heroism.”

“I’ll take that as a thank-you,” Lex said dryly, pulling her glass from her hand and heading back over to the bar.

Chloe silently accepted the drink he extended as he sat back down beside her.

“This is awful,” she said quietly. “We barely talk anymore, and when we do, we just go straight for the jugular, don’t we?”

“That seems to be a pattern with me lately,” he acknowledged tiredly, leaning his head against the back of the couch. He closed his eyes, but he could still feel her steady gaze on him.

“We were friends once, weren’t we?” Chloe asked, sounding almost wounded. “I mean – I know when I helped you put your father in jail, it wasn’t altruism on either of our parts. We both wanted out from under his thumb. I knew that right along. Still. By the end, I thought we were – I don’t know.”

“We were,” he admitted. “But everything went to hell with me and Clark, and well, you were friends with him first. I understand that.”

“I’m not the one who backed away from you,” she argued. “What, you just figured that since I had known Clark longer than you, that he should automatically get custody?”

“Are you implying that Clark and I got divorced?” he asked wryly. “Because I know I’ve got a few marriages under my belt already, but I feel like that wedding in particular would stand out in my memory.”

“You know what I’m saying,” she urged, stretching out her leg and gently prodding his knee with her toes.

“Let me ask you something,” Lex said, abruptly switching topics. “What you said earlier, about leveraging a personal relationship for professional gain – was that directed at me? Because I hope that’s not what you think that thing with my father was all about. Yes, I wanted to take him down, but it wasn’t merely so I could seize his assets. It was just as much about protecting you.”

“Yeah, I know,” Chloe said, with a dismissive wave of her hand. “Still, it’s nice to hear every once in awhile.”

“It’s not pleasant, is it?” he mused. “Being taken for granted, I mean.”

“No,” she replied, with evident surprise. “No, it’s really not.”

“I won’t make the mistake of doing that with you again,” Lex said evenly, and Chloe met his look straight on.

“Good,” she said after a moment. “So, does this mean we’re friends again?”

“I suppose it does.”

“Excellent timing,” she said playfully. “I mean, check it out. We’re already having our first slumber party and everything. We can give ourselves pedicures and braid each other’s hair.”

“Yeah, I think I’ll take a pass on that,” Lex said shortly, rubbing a self-conscious hand over his smooth head while Chloe laughed.

The storm had knocked out the satellite dish, and so Lex went upstairs to check on the weather, while Chloe wandered around the storm shelter. The scotch began to catch up with her as her blood started circulating again, and a pleasant warmth washed over her. She was standing on her tiptoes, stretching like a cat when Lex returned, and she quickly dropped her hands to her sides, covering the expanse of exposed midriff where her shirt had ridden up.

Lex gave her a bemused look, but didn’t bother covering his own exposed midriff. He had changed into a pair of pajama pants, and not a damn thing else. Not that Chloe was complaining.

“It’s still pretty nasty out there,” he informed her. “I think it’s better if we both stay down here tonight. Some of the upstairs windows have been smashed, and there’s still a lot of debris blowing around. I brought you something to sleep in.”

Chloe raised her eyebrows as she accepted pajama bottoms and a plain t-shirt from his outstretched hands.

“I’m surprised you don’t have a closet full of silk nightgowns somewhere for your female guests,” she teased.

“Most of my female guests don’t stay the night,” Lex demurred. “And the ones that do, don’t tend to wear anything to sleep in.

“Oh,” Chloe replied, because it was about the only thing she could think to say.

Some unreadable emotion flickered in Lex’s eyes for a moment, but he masked it before she could begin to identify it.

“All right,” she said brightly. “I’m just going to change, then.”

Even the bathroom was ostentatious – a family of four could live comfortably in there. Chloe regarded herself in the mirror for a long moment, and wasn’t surprised that she looked exhausted. Too much time in an enclosed space with Lex Luthor could have that effect on a girl.

Though, probably most girls who spent the night with Lex were exhausted for entirely different reasons.

Rather than dwell on the unexpected disturbingness of that thought, Chloe busied herself splashing some water on her face, and changing into the clothes Lex had given her. The pajama bottoms were too long, and so she rolled up the waistband a few times. When she pulled on the t-shirt he had given her, she could still detect a faint hint of his cologne underneath the smell of laundry detergent.

“Oh, you’re still awake,” she said, somewhat surprised, as she made her way back into the room.

Truth be told, Chloe was a little relieved to find him perusing a cabinet of DVDs, rather than sprawled out across the bed. She wasn’t looking forward to the inevitable conversation about sleeping arrangements.

“I don’t know if I could sleep this early,” Lex said ruefully. “I couldn’t tell you the last time I went to bed before midnight.”

“I was twelve,” she confessed. “Coincidentally, that was the same year I discovered coffee.”

“Let me guess – you write better at night?”

“Something like that,” she grinned. “It’s mostly the only time I can get any peace and quiet. Which is ironic, considering the reason I started staying up late was because I was convinced there were all of these exciting things going on and I was missing out on them. I gather you work through the night?”

“It’s like you said,” he acknowledged. “It’s the only time I have to myself. No phone calls, no meetings, no social obligations.”

“Ah. The day is so occupied by the trappings of success, that nighttime is when the actual work gets done?”

“Which leaves very little time for sleep,” he confirmed. “Luckily, I don’t need much to get by.”

“I’m pretty sure when I die, they’re going to find that I have coffee instead of blood,” Chloe confided. “It’s the only way I could possibly balance everything.”

“We’ll sleep when we’re dead,” Lex said dismissively. “You realize that most other people sleep a third of their lives away. We’re ahead of the curve.”

“Timewasters,” she sniffed.

“Layabouts,” he added.

“So, I guess we’re not sleeping anytime soon?”

“No. And I’m at an utter loss as to what to do with myself. I thought about venturing upstairs to grab some contracts from my office, but I don’t know if I’m quite enough of a workaholic to put myself in danger.”

“That, and you don’t want to have sensitive documents in the same room as a very nosy journalist?” Chloe prodded.

“That goes without saying, of course. So, movie?”

“A movie sounds good. Unless you’re going to make me watch something weird.”

“Weird?” Lex queried.

“Yeah, weird. Like, I don’t know. Das Boot. Or Howard the Duck.”

“You’re in luck,” he said dryly. “I think I loaned both of those out.”

“Then we can definitely negotiate,” Chloe decided, stepping in closer to peer at his collection.

“I’m afraid I don’t have anything too current down here,” he said, bending over her shoulder to follow her finger as she trailed it across the titles.

“I can appreciate the classics,” she replied absentmindedly.

“I don’t doubt that,” he murmured, and it was strange that she felt a chill, when his breath was so warm against her ear.

“Ooh, I’ve got one,” she exclaimed.

Chloe took a step back and half-turned, presenting the movie for his approval, while she tried to shake off the lingering effects of his proximity. The scotch was obviously hitting her hard, because she was finding him rather appealing all of a sudden. She wondered if Stockholm Syndrome could take effect so quickly.

Okay, so, she wasn’t completely insensible to the fact that he was sort of appealing in general, especially if you went for the successful and ambitious types. Still, she was immune to his particular brand of charm. Usually.

Yep. Definitely too much scotch.

Lex looked back up at her and quirked his mouth in amusement.

Woman of the Year?” he asked disbelievingly. “You really are incapable of going ten minutes without thinking about something newspaper-related, aren’t you?”

“That’s not why I picked it out,” she protested. “I mean, come on. Tracy and Hepburn. It doesn’t get any better than that.”

“I suppose I can’t really argue with that logic,” he conceded, flipping open the case. Chloe smiled in triumph and headed back towards the couch. At the last moment she changed her mind and veered towards the bed to snag the comforter and a few pillows. By the time she had gotten herself comfortably ensconced, Lex was settling in at the other end of the sofa and handing her a fresh drink.

“We’re going to have to check into AA in the morning, you realize,” she said reprovingly, but accepted it anyway.

“I figure we’re allowed one night of decadence,” he replied. “The roads are bound to be impassable for several hours, so we might as well take advantage of the fact that we’re stuck here for some time.”

“In other words, hangovers be damned?”

“I’ll drink to that,” Lex said, holding his glass up in her general direction.

Chloe returned the gesture, and downed the scotch in a few quick swallows. She was starting to figure out it was much better if she tasted it as little as possible.

When Chloe woke up, she realized two things. First, she had no idea where she was, and second, someone was carrying her somewhere. She flailed out instinctively and felt her arm connect with something solid, before she was unceremoniously dumped on the ground.

“Fucking ow,” she heard a muffled voice behind her say, and when she turned to see Lex doubled over, holding his hand to his face, everything came flooding back.

“Shit, Lex,” she said groggily, struggling to her feet. “Are you okay?”

He shook off her touch at first, but she grabbed his elbow firmly and led him over to the bed. She had banged her ankle hard somewhere during her journey to the floor, and she tried to keep her weight off it as she limped to the bathroom. She returned with a damp washcloth and collapsed next to Lex on the bed.

“Let me see,” Chloe commanded gently, and he removed his hand from his nose gingerly, glaring at her all the while.

“Oh, it’s not even bleeding, you big baby,” she scoffed.

“It still hurts,” he griped. “What the hell was that all about?”

Chloe sat back and leveled him with an exasperated glare.

“Imagine how you’d feel if you woke up and someone was hauling you around like a sack of potatoes,” she said pointedly. “I doubt you’d be too thrilled. I didn’t know where I was, and I panicked. For all I knew, you were some kind of meteor freak.”

“Thanks a lot,” he said testily.

“Well, I don’t have the best history with them,” she huffed. “Your meteor freaks are hot chicks who want to make out with you. I get the guys that try to kill me, you know?”

“I’ve probably been kidnapped more times than you have, and you don’t catch me punching you in the face,” Lex griped.

“Then you need better reflexes,” she told him, holding the washcloth up to his nose, which was already starting to swell a little.

A muffled moan escaped his throat, and she winced in sympathy.

“I am sorry,” she admitted.

“It’s fine. You didn’t mean it,” Lex sighed, his face half-hidden by the washcloth. Chloe let it fall onto her lap and reached out gingerly.

“I don’t think it’s broken,” she murmured, her breath hitching a little at the way his gaze locked unflinchingly with hers as she gently touched his face.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked. “When I dropped you, I mean.”

“I wrenched my ankle a little,” she shrugged. “No big deal.”

“So much for chivalry,” he chuckled.

Chloe felt the vibrations of his laughter in her fingertips, and realized belatedly she was still holding onto his face. She quickly removed them, and twisted her hands nervously in her lap.

“Here, let me see that ankle,” Lex said quickly, his voice a little husky. He tugged gently at her knee, and she let him pull her leg onto his lap.

“It’s fine,” she repeated, trying not to shiver as he trailed his fingers across her sensitive skin.

“It looks swollen,” he said, leaning down to inspect it more closely. She could feel his breath against her again, and she shifted uncomfortably.

“Really, it’s okay,” Chloe reiterated, starting to tug her leg away.

“Will you just let me see it?” Lex asked, but he didn’t seem to expect her to acquiesce. He held more firmly onto her foot, and when she didn’t try to withdraw from him again, his momentum wound up pulling her forward. Chloe jumped as her toes brushed against his cock, which she suddenly noticed, with an acute sense of clarity, was hard under his pajama pants.

“Oh,” she said startled, jerking away from him like she’d been scalded.

“I just wanted to get you settled in over here,” he said tightly, his face unreadable. “I was planning to sleep on the couch. I’m sorry about dropping you.”

“Lex, it’s okay.”

“No, I completely understand why you were frightened. I should have just woken you up, but I didn’t want to disturb you.”

“That’s not what I meant,” Chloe said quietly, scooting closer to him and placing a tentative hand high up on his thigh.

His eyes fluttered shut at her touch. He exhaled harshly, then reached out and wrapped his hand around the back of her neck, hauling her face close to his. She leaned her forehead against his, and oh god, she was shaking already just from being this close to him, closer than she had ever been, and he hadn’t even really touched her yet.

They stayed like that for a long moment, and then he abruptly pulled away. Chloe opened her eyes drowsily and regarded him. He had moved his hands down to her shoulders, holding her gaze, and it was a familiar position. It was the way he always touched her when he had something important to say, some warning to deliver.

So before he could say anything, she leaned in, without really even thinking about it, because she didn’t want to hear a risk assessment, or a cost-benefit analysis, or a list of reasons why this was a bad idea, or a disclaimer about how it wouldn’t really mean anything at all. She wasn’t foolish enough to think his reaction indicated any deep and profound longing to be with her. More likely, he was drunk, and she had breasts, and that was good enough for him. Or maybe he just got really turned on by accidental face-punching.

Whatever. She wasn’t going to question it. Lex, for whatever reason, was turned on, and the part of her that secretly found him incredibly sexy wanted to take advantage of that fact.

She wanted to kiss him, to feel his mouth opening hot and wet under hers. She wanted to feel the hard planes of his chest under her hands, and the smooth curve of his back under her nails. She wanted him under her, over her, all around her, inside of her, and she didn’t want to think about it, or talk about it, she just wanted to do, and maybe that wasn’t the most sensible thing in the world, but then, Chloe had never really been known for her sensibility.

And maybe they were an inexorable natural disaster just waiting to happen, and maybe there wouldn’t be any kind of shelter to protect them from the fallout, but Chloe couldn’t bring herself to care as she kept leaning forward, until her lips were against his.

To his credit, if he had been about to say something, he swallowed it in favor of returning her kiss. There was nothing chaste about it; his tongue slid against hers immediately, and Chloe couldn’t help but moan a little, at just that, just that one kiss, and she really couldn’t wait to find out what else he could do with that tongue.

Lex ran his hands up underneath her t-shirt, cool fingers running up along the warm expanse of her bare back. He traced a path along her spine, sketching a pattern with his fingers over muscle and bone, marking her like calligraphy, reading her like Braille. He drew her closer, and she straddled his lap, bringing her hands up to hold his face steady so that she could kiss him more deeply without hurting his nose again. She ground involuntarily against him, letting out a soft whimper as she came back into contact with his hard cock.

“Fuck, Chloe,” he hissed, breaking the kiss, and burying his face in her neck. She moved against him again and again, picking up speed, finding a kind of friction that was just so achingly right, she thought she might cry.

When Lex bit down on the muscle between her shoulder and neck, Chloe came hard against him. Her vision whited out, and all she could do was feel his tongue against her skin, soothing her marked flesh, while aftershocks trembled through her.

She couldn’t remember the last time anyone had made her come without even getting her out of her clothes, first.

Before she could begin to get her bearings, Lex was turning her over, rolling along with her so that she lay back on the bed, pinned underneath his body. He regarded her for a long moment, his face as inscrutable as ever, but Chloe caught sight of something smoldering in his eyes, something so potent, that an answering heat immediately unfurled low in her belly.

Lex kissed her again, maddeningly slowly, while he idly ran his hands up and down the length of her body. He was being methodical now, thorough, and Chloe moved impatiently beneath him, anxious to be back in control. She was so distracted by her need for harder, faster, more, that she didn’t notice his hand beneath her shirt until he dragged his thumb casually across her nipple. She let her head fall to the side as a soft moan escaped her.

“You like that,” he observed, repeating the motion.

He was watching her avidly, almost predatorily.

“Are you going to research me, or are you going to fuck me?” she managed to choke out before he did it again, applying more pressure this time.

Lex grinned, and it was maybe the sexiest and most unexpected thing she had ever seen.

“In due time,” he responded silkily, pulling her t-shirt up as he moved his head down to trace her breast with his tongue.

Chloe fisted her hands in the sheets beneath her, willing herself not to thrash around as he took his sweet time exploring. He mapped out routes with teeth and tongue, gauging her reactions. She could practically see him taking mental notes for later as he found the weaknesses in her foundation, the places where she could be breached. A sharp bite against a certain part of her side brought her hand to her mouth to muffle her own cries; a fluttered tongue in the concave hollow just by her hipbone had her arching uncontrollably into his touch. He was playing her like a violin, and he still hadn’t even taken her shirt all the way off, and yeah, they were both wearing entirely too many clothes.

She decided it was time to pull out the big guns.

“As much as I appreciate your thoroughness and attention to detail,” Chloe murmured, keeping her gaze fixed down at Lex. “I would really like to suck your cock right about now.”

She suppressed a grin as his head snapped up, his careful exploration forgotten. Every person in the world had some sort of exploitable weakness, and for most men, blowjobs fell into that realm. Lex may have been wealthy and successful, compulsively detail-oriented and highly competitive, but he was still just a guy.

Chloe took advantage of his discomfiture to wiggle out from underneath him. She pushed him so that he was on his back, and he laced his fingers behind his head, apparently deciding to play along. When she stripped her shirt over her head and tossed it behind her, she shivered a little at the way he took her in with his gaze. She was pretty sure if she wasn’t careful, he could devour her whole and not leave anything behind.

Although, he might not get the chance if she devoured him first. Now there was a thought.

She settled back on her heels and reached for the drawstring that held his pajama pants up. She loosened it in one tug, then moved her hand higher, dragging her nails gently across his abdomen, sucking in her breath as his muscles tightened under her touch. When she bowed her head to place a hot, wet kiss on his hipbone, he cursed under his breath, and she smiled into his skin while she tugged his pants down past his knees. Lex moved restlessly beneath her, kicking the garment the rest of the way off, and she sat back for a moment, taking in the sight of him.

Lex was sprawled out before her, gazing up at her unselfconsciously. His body was tight, positively thrumming with coiled intensity, and Chloe’s mouth went a little dry at the thought of all that dangerous power beneath her fingers. She leaned forward, running her hands up his thighs, almost more to brace herself than for any other reason. The muffled sound that escaped from him was enough to embolden her. She bent her head down and studied him for a long moment, letting her breath stutter out against his skin, before she leaned down and took his cock into her mouth in one swift motion. His entire body jerked beneath her, and she would have grinned in triumph if her mouth hadn’t been otherwise occupied.

Chloe grasped his hips, holding him in place while she settled herself more comfortably between his thighs. She relinquished his cock, and Lex made a noise of disappointment at the loss, until she traced a vein with her tongue and wrapped a hand around him, jerking him slowly.

“Do you like that?” she asked softly, watching his face for any sign of reaction. “Or was my mouth better?”

“Either way is … just fine …” he gritted out, eyes snapping closed as she twisted her wrist in a new pattern, picking up the pace.

“It’s up to you,” she shrugged, biting down on his thigh and grinning wickedly at the way that particular act made the veins in his neck stand out as he struggled to stay in control. “I’m going to get you off either way. You can come in my hand, or you can come in my mouth. The choice is yours.”

She squeezed him unexpectedly, and a little viciously. Lex gasped and his eyes flew open, locking with hers.

"Unless you're feeling indecisive, of course," she whispered, meeting his gaze. "In which case, I might not let you come at all."

“Your mouth,” he responded, voice strained. “I want to come in your mouth.”

“Your wish is my command,” she murmured wryly, before she swallowed him down again, taking him even deeper.

She alternated between her hand and her mouth, carefully gauging his responses as she dug her nails into his inner thigh and ran her tongue across his hipbones. He seemed to be trying to keep his reactions in check, and she redoubled her efforts, because she was pretty sure Lex Luthor had never had to beg for anything, and she wanted to be the first to make him break.

He couldn’t completely mask his responses, Chloe knew, and so she swallowed his cock as far as she could, stroking the base with one hand. She kept up the rhythm until she heard Lex’s breathing change and felt his hips start to stutter up towards her unconsciously. His lips were still pressed tight together, though, and so she pulled up off him, eliciting a groan of frustration.

“I want you to let go,” she told him, moving up along his body. “I want to hear you.”

She kissed him hard, and his hands went up to her hair, fingers fisting in the strands. She felt his cock pressed between their bodies, slick from her mouth and marble-hard, and she slid against it with purpose as she slithered back down, taking him into her mouth again. Lex groaned, and she took him even deeper, as if to reward him for his attempt at being demonstrative. She took a deep breath and relaxed her throat, taking him as far down as she could without gagging, and he made a guttural noise. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see his hand gripping at the sheets, like he was trying to resist the urge to hold her in one place and fuck her mouth. She picked up the pace, increasing her suction, and was gratified by the moan she tore from him.

“Fuck, Chloe, I’m gonna come,” he muttered, his head thrashing against the sheets, and she moaned, vindicated at reducing him to such inelegant language.

The vibration of it pushed him over the edge, and he came in her mouth, jerking hard. She stayed with him while he continued to spasm, swallowing him down until he was done, and he shuddered as she finally pulled off of him and collapsed beside him. He wrapped a loose arm around her, dragging his fingers absently up and down her side, making her shiver.

“As soon as I recover,” he said conversationally, turning his head to look at her. “I am going to make you come harder than you ever have.”

Chloe felt herself grow breathless at his remark, and he took advantage at her mouth dropping open, pulling her in for a lazy kiss. She could still taste him in her mouth, and she knew he could, too.

He hadn’t put any initial intent behind the kiss, but that quickly changed as he felt her body pressing fully against him, warm and pliant. His cock was already stirring with interest again. Lex rolled her over beneath him, stripping off her pajama bottoms, the last barrier between them. He decided he had taken enough time exploring earlier, and anyway, there’d be still more time for that later. Instead he licked a hot stripe along her cunt, with no preamble. She cried out, and he did it again, sliding a hand up her thigh.

She was already so wet that he slid two fingers into her without any resistance. She arched up against him, clamping down, and Lex added a third finger, twisting them ruthlessly. Chloe cried out and moved helplessly against him, drawing his fingers in deeper, and when he bent down to flick his tongue against her clit while he thrust them faster, she let out a choked sob.

“Just think,” he said casually. “If it’s this good with just my fingers, how good it’s going to be when my cock is inside of you.”

Chloe’s eyes fluttered shut as her mouth fell open in a moan, and Lex exploited her distraction. He shoved his fingers inside of her once more, curling them up to fuck her even deeper, using his other hand to rub her clit. Her entire body arched and stilled before she began to shake all over. He kept his fingers deep inside of her, and she moved against his hand, riding out her orgasm. She finally collapsed bonelessly beneath him, and he withdrew his fingers carefully. She turned her head to look at him, her eyes darkening when he licked his fingers clean.

“Did you have a nice time?” Lex smirked.

“Oh my yes,” she replied. “It was very … invigorating.”

Chloe turned to her side, and he rolled with her, pressing against her back. His cock was fully hard again, and she moved her ass against it slightly. He grinned into her neck at the good-natured torment, and she drew his wrist up to her mouth, pressing a kiss against his pulse point. He was momentarily taken aback – most women didn’t do things like that to him.

“However,” she said, and he realized she was talking again. “I feel like I need to file a complaint for false advertising.”

“Did I not live up to my sex god reputation?” he asked dryly.

“Oh, no, everything was great. Very … impressive.” Chloe said cheerfully. “But you said you were going to make me come harder than I ever had, and, you know … it was close, but I’m just not fully convinced you achieved that.”

“I’m just getting started,” he protested. “That was the warm-up round.”

“Hey, I’m not complaining,” she assured him teasingly. “Like I said, everything was swell. I just wanted to make sure you’re reaching for those goals you set for yourself. Living up to your potential.”

“Hmm, I’m suddenly not sure whether to fuck you, or hire you as my life coach,” Lex mused, nipping at the column of her neck.

She wiggled against him deliciously.

“Definitely the first part,” she said decisively.

“But I suddenly find you so inspiring,” Lex argued playfully.

“We can discuss the job offer later,” Chloe said in response, gasping as he dragged his thumb across her nipple. “Right now, you’ve got a promise to keep.”

“You do realize I can’t back away from a challenge, right? If you expect me to live up to that promise, I’m going to have to keep trying until I get it right.”

“Why do you think I threw down the gauntlet in the first place?” Chloe said, grinning wickedly as she rolled back over to face him.

He bit gently at her lower lip before half-turning, groping for the bedside table. He tugged hard at the handle, nearly pulling the whole drawer out in the process. His fingers closed over a condom and he held it up for her approval. She cocked an eyebrow.

“This is the most well-stocked bunker ever,” she deadpanned.

“Well, just in case the apocalypse arrives and I’m trapped down here with a bimbo,” he confessed, tearing open the wrapper.

“Right,” Chloe drawled. “No sense propagating the Luthor genes if they’re just going to be diluted by inferior DNA.”

“Nope. Better to let the population die out completely.”

“This is the worst pillow talk ever,” Chloe complained, and Lex laughed, letting his head drop to her shoulder.

“I’m a little out of practice,” he admitted.

“No wonder you’re such an easy lay,” she sniffed. “Well, come on. Let’s amend that situation.”

She reached for the condom, and he relinquished it readily. If he noticed that her hands were shaking slightly as she rolled it over him, he had the good grace not to mention it.

Chloe threw her leg over him, pushing her hands against his shoulders as she lined herself up over his cock. She hovered over him, just taking the tip of him inside of her, prolonging the sweet agony.

“Quit being such a fucking tease,” Lex grunted, and she pulled away from him slightly.

“That’s not very nice,” she admonished him. “I don’t know if I want to fuck someone so ill-mannered.”

“I’m terribly sorry,” he said dryly. “I take it all back.”

“I don’t know if that’s good enough,” Chloe mused, her thighs starting to shake from the effort of holding herself so far above him. “I think you’re going to have to ask really nicely, now. Maybe if you said please …”

She trailed off abruptly as Lex flipped her over unexpectedly, bringing her arms up over her head. He smiled lazily down at her.

“I don’t beg,” he informed her. “But I bet you would, if I made you.”

He kissed her hard, crushing the breath out of her, swallowing her moans. She wiggled underneath him, trying to get purchase, as she brought her legs up around his waist. She could feel his cock pressed up against the inside of her thigh, and she arched towards him.

“Now who’s desperate to get fucked?” Lex asked idly, moving lower, taking her nipple in his mouth.

“Fuck you.”

“That’s the plan,” he said into her skin, using his teeth in some new, exquisitely torturous way. “All you have to do is ask.”

“Will you please,” Chloe gasped, trying to free her arms from his grip. “Quit being such an asshole and fuck me already?”

“We’re going to have to work on your humility,” he responded, but he finally slid his cock all the way into her in one rough stroke. They groaned in unison at the sensation.

Lex stayed completely still inside of her for a long moment, and Chloe begin to shift around in frustration, trying to find some kind of friction.

“Enough with the games,” she complained.

“Just hang on a second,” he replied, and she noticed that his face was pulled tight with tension.

Chloe felt a fresh wave of lust wash over her at his evident struggle for control, and finally wrenched her wrist away from him, reaching up to haul him in for a kiss. His mouth opened over hers, hot and wet, and he slid a little deeper inside of her. They moved together clumsily, frantically, until she finally turned her head to gasp for breath. Lex relinquished her other wrist and grabbed her legs, hauling them up over his shoulders.

“Oh, fuck,” she groaned as he thrust into her at the new angle. He was almost painfully deep, but she ceased to notice when he reached between them to hastily rub her clit. She arched up beneath him and cried out.

“Good?” he inquired tensely, watching her face for a reaction.

“Mmmhmm,” Chloe assented, completely unable to form actual words. She raised her hips to meet his, meeting him stroke for stroke.

“I think I enjoy making you speechless,” he smirked, and she made a mental note to yell at him about that later, when her mouth was working again.

Then she forgot to think about anything at all when he pulled all the way out of her and slammed home again, hitting her at just the right angle. She moaned unintelligibly as she came hard all around him, and she was almost positive that if he hadn’t been pinning her beneath his body, she would have thrashed her way off the damn bed.

It took her a moment to come back to herself, and when she did, Lex was looking down at her hotly, possessively, and she trembled with another aftershock.

“Fuck,” she finally exhaled, and he laughed a little.

“Have I fulfilled my obligations?” Lex murmured, reaching down to brush her hair away from her damp forehead.

“You are a man of your word,” Chloe affirmed.

“Any chance of you returning the favor?” he queried, turning to his side and rolling her carefully with him, so that she wound up astride him, his cock still sheathed inside her.

“I don’t know,” she mused, scratching her nails across his chest. “You set the bar pretty high.”

“I have the utmost faith in your abilities,” he assured her, hissing a little as she dug her nails a little deeper.

“Oh, well, in that case …”

She slid up gracefully, pausing just a moment longer than necessary, before she impaled herself on his cock again. His eyes closed as she repeated the motion, pulling up slowly, driving down hard. He let out a shuddered gasp, and she started to move faster, shimmying her hips in a new rhythm on each downstroke.

Without warning, Lex sat up, wrapping his arms around her waist. Chloe whimpered and bit her lip, holding onto his shoulders for leverage. She sank fully onto him, clenching her cunt around him as he slid all the way inside, and he gasped, burying his face into her neck.

Chloe was immobilized against him in this position, unable to do much but shift around. Not that she was complaining; she had never really realized how awesome friction was before. Lex bucked up underneath her, and she cried out, starting to shudder around him again. She bit down hard on his shoulder, and he tightened his hold on her as her trembling slowed.

She brought her hands up to his face and kissed him greedily, still shifting against him restlessly. He collapsed back, dragging her down with him, and she nipped at his lower lip, reaching in between them to pinch his nipple, hard.

“Jesus,” he muttered against her mouth, and she grinned as she moved down to kiss his neck. A bead of sweat rested in the hollow of his throat, and she darted out to catch it with her tongue, while he writhed beneath her.

Chloe sat up again, guiding his hands to her hips as she set a new rhythm against him. He quickly took over, setting a furious pace. She moved with him, fast and hard and dirty, and she was pretty sure she could come again, if she really worked for it.

She was starting to feel a little selfish, but from the look on his face when she reached down to rub her clit, he didn’t seem to mind too much.

“Are you going to come for me again?” he gritted out, watching as her face screwed up with concentration.

“Yes … I think … oh, fuck …”

She was so close, she could feel it building, about to crash over her like a wave.

“Open your eyes, Chloe,” he commanded, and she looked down at him, startled.

“I want to watch you come,” he said in a low voice, and it was enough to push her over the edge. She sobbed a little with the effort of it, forcing her eyes open so she could meet his gaze.

She was watching him so closely, she could see the exact moment his climax hit him. Something about his face softened, just before he thrust into her one final time. She could feel his cock jerk inside of her, and for just a moment, he looked completely defenseless.

They stared at each other for a long moment. The only sound in the room was their harsh breathing on opposing cycles, her desperate gasps cushioned between his rough exhales.

When Chloe felt him start to soften inside of her, she slid off of him, unable to control a whimper at the sudden emptiness. He rose stiffly and made his way towards the bathroom. She heard the sound of a toilet flushing, followed by the soft rush of the faucets. She turned over on her side, away from the door, so she wouldn’t be watching him when he came back in.

After a few minutes, she felt the bed dip slightly as Lex sat down.

“Did you want me to sleep on the couch?” he said, after a minute had passed in uneasy silence.

Chloe let out a startled laugh.

“Of course not,” she said easily. “You’re all sweaty. You’d stick to the leather.”

She heard him moving across the room, and when he returned, he tossed the blanket over her.

“Thanks,” she muttered, finally rolling over to face him.

He was lying on his back, fingers laced behind his head. At some point, he had put his pajama pants back on, and Chloe pulled the comforter up to cover her breasts. It was difficult to be self-conscious after everything they had just done, but she still liked to keep an even playing field.

“So what, are you composing headlines in your head?” he asked, not looking at her.

“Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing,” she said sarcastically. “’Reporter Fucks Lex Luthor; Impartiality Forever Compromised.’ What do you think?”

“It’s catchy. A little long, though. And I don’t know if they’ll let you say ‘fuck’.”

“Well, the blood hasn’t made it all the way back to my brain, yet. You’ll have to give me some time.”

“Look, Chloe, this was – “

“Not now, okay, Lex?” she said wearily, hating the pleading note that had crept into her voice. “Can we just save the postmortem until the morning?”

“I’d feel better if we resolved it now.”

“Okay, then,” she said, sitting up. “Um. You know, it’s fine. It was what it was. I get that it was a one-time thing. There was scotch, and we were in close quarters, and I inadvertently maimed you, and well, when you live in a town like this, that’s foreplay. I’m not going to use anything against you, so don’t worry about it.”

Lex didn’t speak for a long moment.

“As long as that’s clear, then,” he said finally, his voice clipped.

Chloe sighed.

“I didn’t … look, we both let our guards down, okay? Let’s just try not to make too much of it.”

“I never really pegged you for the one-night stand type,” he said coldly, and she leveled him with a glare.

“Oh no?” she snapped. “Then why did you sleep with me? Just to see if you could?”

“You’re the one who initiated it,” he pointed out, infuriatingly calm.

“I wasn’t the one walking around with a hard-on,” she exclaimed frustrated.

Lex’s mouth quirked.

“I might have found it a little alarming if you had been,” he said dryly, and Chloe tried unsuccessfully to muffle a smile.

“How disappointing,” she rejoined. “I felt sure you were the adventurous type.”

The look he gave her at that almost knocked the wind out of her.

“I guess you’ll never find out,” he said flatly.

“What did you think would happen, here?” Chloe exhaled, running a hand through her hair. “Do you want to date me, now? Is that it? Because I’m pretty sure we’d both really suck at that. We’re married to our jobs – jobs which, I might point out, tend to put as at odds with one another. We’d never see each other, and when we did, you’d spend the whole time trying not to say anything incriminating that I might try to put into a story.”

Lex didn’t say anything, so she pressed on.

“Tonight was … great,” she admitted. “It was. But maybe it would just be easier if we looked at it as a one-time thing. Because if we keep going with this, it’s only going to end badly, and I don’t know if the world is ready for us to be at odds. There could be a lot of collateral damage, you know. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we both tend to be kind of vindictive.”

Lex half-smiled at that, but his face quickly grew serious again.

“Is this because of Clark?”

Chloe inhaled sharply.

“Lex, there are a lot of reasons this would never work out. Clark is at least number 947 down on the list. If you want to hate him, fine, but don’t make this a part of it.”

“As long as I have your permission to hate him,” Lex said snidely, and she rolled her eyes.

“Are we going to be okay?” she asked seriously.

He sighed.

“Yes, we’re fine,” he said. “Your points are all valid. I suppose I just don’t react well to being dismissed.”

“Me either,” she snorted. “Why do you think I dismissed you before you could dismiss me? Pre-emptive strike, all the way.”

“What makes you so sure I would have dismissed you?” he asked curiously.

Chloe raised her eyebrows at him.

“All right,” he admitted. “I may have been trying to think of a way to let you down easy.”

“Men are so predictable,” she sniffed. “By the way. If you send me a pair of diamond earrings? I will have to kill you.”

“Warning duly noted,” he said amusedly.

Chloe yawned loudly.

“Did I wear you out?” Lex smirked.

“As a matter of fact, you did,” she said drowsily, curling up under the blanket. “I find your recalcitrance exhausting.”

Lex switched off the light, plunging them into darkness, and so Chloe was completely surprised when she felt him brush his lips against her forehead.

“By the way,” he said, shifting around on his side of the bed. “I don’t snuggle.”

“I didn’t harbor any illusions that you did,” Chloe mumbled, as sleep overtook her.

The first thing Chloe noticed when she woke up, was the fact that Lex’s arms were wrapped around her.

“So much for no snuggling,” she muttered sleepily, shifting against him.

“I’m not snuggling,” he protested. “I’m seducing you. Can’t you tell?”

“Hmm, not yet,” she replied, rolling over to face him. “Keep going. I’ll let you know when I can see the difference.”

Lex kissed her slowly, deeply, and Chloe fell easily into the lazy thrall he cast. Therefore she was thoroughly unprepared to feel him cup her breast, and she couldn’t stifle her moan as he dragged a thumb roughly across her nipple. He broke the kiss and gazed at her intensely as he put his hand up to his mouth. He reached back down and grazed her nipple again with his moistened fingertips. Chloe’s head fell back, and he leaned in, laving a hot, wet path along the column of her neck with his tongue.

“You have me mostly convinced as to your intentions,” she choked out.

“Just mostly?” he murmured, trailing his hand along the curve of her body.

His fingers pressed in between her legs, and she writhed against him.

“I’m very nearly sure,” she gasped, as his fingers slid inside her, and oh god, how was she already wet for him again?

“Allow me to erase any remaining doubt,” he said huskily, leaning forward.

She shivered as she felt his warm breath against the shell of her ear.

“I want you on your hands and knees,” he whispered before kissing her again, this time, hard enough to bruise.

Chloe could only nod, and she shifted away from him. She grabbed a pillow to brace her forearms as he settled in behind her. She heard the rustle of the condom wrapper, and then he was inside of her, fucking her hard and deep and slow, before she could even get her bearings.

“Oh, fuck,” she said, biting her lip hard, and he thrust into her even harder, fingers digging into her hips hard enough to bruise.

Chloe pushed up on her hands, leaning back into him, providing counter-pressure to each deep stroke inside of her. She was still overly-sensitized from the night before, and when he reached down to rub her clit, she cried out, coming hard, clenching against him.

Her arms gave out from under her, and her entire upper body collapsed on the mattress, driving him even deeper. He let out a muffled shout as he slid all the way inside, and she could feel him coming inside her, even through the latex.

Chloe sprawled out facedown across the mattress while he went to clean up. She was surprised when Lex crawled back into the bed beside her.

“What time is it?” she asked drowsily, turning to peer up at him.

“Still early,” he replied, dragging his fingers absently down her back.

Chloe shivered at the sensation, and became aware of a vague unfulfilled ache between her legs. She shifted restlessly, and Lex raised an eyebrow.

“You’re insatiable,” he commented, and she let out a frustrated laugh.

“Yeah, well, it’s been a while for me, too,” she admitted. “I think my body’s trying to gather provisions, in case it’s another long winter.”

“I suppose I could help you out with that,” he mused.

“How very charitable of you,” she said solemnly.

The look he gave her sent a flash of heat crackling down her spine.

“But I think I won’t,” he continued, grinning wickedly. “Because I would much rather watch.”

She couldn’t help but moan at that, and she wondered why it was that he could sound so smooth and elegant while suggesting something so seedy.

But she didn’t have time to dwell on that, because her hand was already moving down her own body, as if it had suddenly become some sentient entity, completely independent of her pride. She rolled onto her back, opening her legs to afford him a better view as she slid a finger inside herself. She was still wet, and her finger moved in easily, so she added a second one almost immediately.

Chloe arched her back, seeking a better angle, and then Lex was beside her, reaching down to rub her clit while she fucked herself on her fingers for him to see. He ran his tongue along the edge of her ear, before biting down gently on her earlobe and sucking it into his mouth. She groaned and turned her head towards him, catching him in a brutal kiss as she thrust her own fingers deeper.

She whimpered, disappointed, as his hand left her clit, but then he was sliding a finger inside of her, his hand pressing against hers. The intrusion forced her own fingers even deeper, and she cried out. Lex swallowed the sound, his tongue snaking out to tangle with hers again. He kept kissing her, even as his thumb pressed hard into her clit, sending her over the edge.

A tear slid out of the corner of her eye, and Lex brushed it away with his other hand, as he withdrew from her. He drew her hand up to his mouth along with his own, licking both their fingers clean, and when he kissed her again, she could taste herself in his mouth.

“I’m going to fuck you again,” he muttered against her lips, his hands moving up to tangle in her hair. “I’m going to make you scream. I’m going to fuck you so hard, you’ll forget your own name.”

Chloe couldn’t even find the words to respond to that; she just nodded, and shifted anxiously, her fingers clawing at the sheets while he rolled another condom on.

This time, his hands were shaking.

She was glad when he got on top – she wasn’t sure she had the strength to do anything but lie there and take it. Lex slid into her easily, and she came almost instantly, clawing at his back while he buried his face in her shoulder. Chloe brought her hands up to roam over his smooth scalp, pulling his face up so she could kiss him, slow and deep.

Lex broke the kiss, but kept his forehead against hers, reaching down to pull her legs up over his arms. His forearms were trembling with effort, and she braced her legs against them, shoring him up.

“Fuck, you feel so good,” he muttered, and Chloe groaned at the unexpected bolt of pleasure his words sent shooting through her. She angled up into him, bringing her legs up higher, over his shoulders, until she was almost folded in half beneath him. She could feel another orgasm building, slow and inexorable, and when he lifted one hand up to pinch her nipple hard while he thrust into her, she grabbed a pillow, holding it over her face to muffle her scream of pleasure.

When she had finally come back to herself, she cast the pillow aside. The look Lex was giving her was more than a little triumphant, but the strain of holding back was evident on his face.

“You win,” she gasped, trying to appeal to his competitive nature. “It’s your turn. Please come. I want to feel it. Come for me.”

He did, and it seemed to go on forever. His whole body jerked from the force of it, and his arms gave out, bringing him crashing down on top of her, all around her. Chloe wrapped her arms around him as he collapsed, holding him steady as she felt him spasm inside of her one last time.

“Sorry,” he muttered after a while, finally managing to extricate himself from her.

“Oxygen is overrated,” she shrugged teasingly, turning and stretching with her whole body, catlike.

Chloe could feel his weight shift off the bed, but there were no footfalls across the room. She opened her eyes to find Lex looking at her.

“Can I help you?” she asked, arching a brow.

“I was going to see if you wanted the first shower, but if you’re going to be snotty …” he trailed off and turned away.

She waited until she heard the water running before she dragged herself reluctantly out of bed. When she parted the shower curtain, she found Lex leaning up against the wall, water sluicing off the hard planes of his body. He opened his eyes in mild surprise, and she raised one shoulder in a half-shrug.

“What can I say,” she told him, stepping under the spray with him. “I’m a big water conservationist.”

Lex smiled tolerantly and handed her the shampoo bottle, and she managed not to make any snide remarks about him not actually needing shampoo.

They managed to get through the shower with only a modicum of groping. Chloe wrapped her hair up in her towel while she shimmied back into her skirt and looked around for her bra. Lex tossed it to her from across the room before he slid his pajama pants back on.

“I’m going to head up and check on the damage,” he informed her. “I’ll meet you upstairs.”

Chloe finished dressing as quickly as she could and made her way up the basement stairs. Her bag lay in the hallway where she had discarded it upon their hasty re-entry into the house the night before, and she rummaged through it, looking for her cell phone. Her mouth dropped open at the time.

“Lex, it’s after noon,” she said indignantly as he exited his office. He had already changed into black pants and a casual shirt, and it felt suddenly strange to see him dressed.

“So?” he asked, innocently.

“You told me it was still early,” she reminded him.

“Maybe I just wanted you to stick around,” he said, smirking lazily.

“You are such a liar,” she griped, but she was unable to fully quash her smile.

“What can I say,” he spread his arms out to his sides. “I’m an evil mastermind.”

“How is it out there?” Chloe asked, turning to peer through the window.

“The storm has officially passed,” he replied, coming up to stand behind her.

Lex was about as close to her as he could get without actually touching her, and part of her wished he would bridge that last bit of space between them, just so that she could be under his hands one more time.

“What’s the damage?” she asked, resisting the urge to lean back against him.

“It’s too soon to say,” he said, his voice low against her ear. “But I get the feeling it could have been a lot worse.”

Chloe shook herself a little, and turned to face him, taking a step back to bring some distance between them.

“What do you think the odds are of me getting a cab out here?” she asked ruefully.

“Slim to none. So, here.”

He produced a set of car keys from his pocket, and Chloe shot him a quizzical look.

“I figured I’d let you take one of my cars. Just as a loaner, until you can get yours fixed or replaced. It’s out front.”

“Lex, I can’t – “

He held up his hand and cut her off.

“Your car got wrecked on my property. It’s the least I can do.”

“Fine,” Chloe relented. “But if it’s not a Porsche, I’m going to be severely disappointed.”

He thrust his hands in his pockets and smiled down at her.

“I should probably go,” she continued, gesturing to the door. “I should check in with my dad, let him know I’m okay, that kind of thing.”

“I understand,” Lex said coolly, his face suddenly unreadable again. “Drive safely. Call me if there’s any problem with the car.”

Chloe took an impulsive step towards him and reached up, fisting her hands in his shirt.

“Thanks for the safe harbor,” she said sincerely, and his expression softened slightly.

“Any time,” he replied.

Chloe pressed a hasty kiss against the corner of his mouth before she could talk herself out of it. She turned away without bothering to see his reaction, then made her way out the door and into the eerily calm air that always settled in after a bad storm.

As she turned the key in the ignition and felt the engine of the Porsche start to purr, she couldn’t help but glance back up at the mansion. She could see Lex silhouetted in the window just before she threw the car into gear, and she smiled to herself as she eased down the drive.

It was two days before the roads were passable into Metropolis. Chloe headed straight for the Planet. She stopped short at the sight of an elegantly-wrapped package on her desk and picked it up curiously. There was no card, but she knew it had to be from Lex.

Luckily for him, it was definitely too big to be diamond earrings.

She tore off the wrapping paper and furrowed her brow, tracing quizzical fingers over the cover of The Old Farmer’s Almanac. She flipped through it idly, turning back a few pages when a slip of paper caught her eye.

Chloe couldn’t help the smile that crept over her face when she skimmed the page, which delineated the date and time of the next expected tornado. She opened the piece of paper that Lex had used to mark the page, laughing out loud as she read his casual scrawl.

Experience keeps a dear school, yet fools will learn in no other – Ben Franklin

Perhaps next time, I’ll even grant you that interview.

L.L.

She only hesitated for a moment before she reached for her pen, and noted the indicated date on her calendar.

It didn’t necessarily mean she would go to him, she told herself. It was just always nice to be prepared for a change in the weather.

Re: I'm Not Shining Tonight (Hard R)

Excellent story. Smut! Chlex! Tornados! Who could ask for more? Well, I could, but only more story, like a sequel. Not because it was left dangling, but because I love your writing and I am as insatiable as Chloe. Uh...

*ahem* One of the best characterizations of Lex and Chloe I've read in fanfic. I'm very jealous. And the smut, wow. Chloe really is... insatiable. She should keep Lex around for just those sorts of emergencies. He could come in real handy, I'm thinking.

I am certainly looking forward to more from you.

Great smut!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing one can really say at this point

NS Junior Member

Your story was excellent, will you write a sequel ? (I hope so)

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

Thi story is fantastic: from the smutty parts to the Chlex conversation, everything was top notch.

Excellent work

Is there any chance for a sequel? Because doesn't Kansas get alot of dangerous storms?
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

I loved it great writing and the SMUT was a sequel would be great I would love to read it

NS Senior Member Senior Member lj715's Avatar

Excellent, excellent story. Very hot!!! I'll have to read it again when I get home from work.

NS Senior Member Senior Member letia84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sadie kate
    “I’m going to fuck you again,” he muttered against her lips, his hands moving up to tangle in her hair. “I’m going to make you scream. I’m going to fuck you so hard, you’ll forget your own name.”
    Whatever you say Mr. Luthor. My name is Chloe who??

Thanks sadie kate for that morning jolt of smut. Nicely done the witty banter was top notch. Great Great Great. I have to read that one again.

*runs off to reread hot hot hot fic*

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Oh my that was amaznig.. the smut the smut fantastico. I loved it. You have got to create another storm. That was absolutely amazing.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Oblivious to Canon-Fodder falseeyelashes's Avatar

Ohh, you posted this here. And that makes me very, very happy. And like I said before: love this. So hot and so snarky and so perfect Chloe and Lex.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information